Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

And I thought Liam was a goddamn waffle! 

But I can't say I'm surprised or sorry for Sasha. She was warm body for Zende to cozy up to till Nicole's lady bits were open for business again. Not even Hope was this clueless or naive.

• Love 5

I suspect Zende was always planning on tapping Nicole as soon as she had that baby. But I can't hate on him for being grossed out by Nicole carrying Rick's child. I'm quite disgusted at the thought of any woman helping that toilet brush reproduce.

• Love 8

To be honest, I have the I believe unpopular opinion that I don't get why he was so icked out by her being pregnant with his uncle's baby...it's not like they did it the old fashioned way.

When TK was on AMC his big supercoupling began when the woman was pregnant by her ex via a rather messy surrogacy-gone-wrong. His character honorably supported and married the woman and they did have sex during the pregnancy. However, at the time TK said during an interview that he personally would've been squicked out about it because, to paraphrase, "Another man's child is in there!". I think Zende's issues may have been along these lines. It being his uncle's baby just added to squickiness of it for him. Not that I'm defending the idiot; I just can see how/why he felt like he had to back away from Nicole in the interim. Apparently the potential comfort or discomfort of his peen is the basis for all Zende's major decisions.

But I can't say I'm surprised or sorry for Sasha. She was warm body for Zende to cozy up to till Nicole's lady bits were open for business again. Not even Hope was this clueless or naive.

Yes but IMO that doesn't absolve Zende. He used her and discarded her like so many sheets of kleenex. He also all but rubbed Nicole's nose in the fact that he was screwing her (former) best friend and then had the nerve to get anxious when she was barely considering going out with the other interns. (Because heaven forbid she should meet another man who wouldn't have been bothered by her pregnancy at all.) I will never understand why Nicole and Sasha are so willing to overlook how poorly he's treated them both. It's good to be a singe male Forrester, huh?

• Love 11
(edited)

I feel like Sasha might be bluffing and following in the path of the other gold-digging members of her family, and that she could be pregnant and doesn't know it yet. A pregnancy might play in her favour. 

Spoiler

I think I read that Maya is going to be questioning her and Nicole is going to be demanding that she take a pregnancy test at the hospital.

Unless she's going to switch urine/blood samples with a pregnant woman, this SL would end right there.

Edited by AussieBabe
Spoiler tag added
  • Love 4

Was I correct in hearing Zende say that he always checks his condoms for possible holes? Huh? Talk about a mood killer. If he opens them in advance to inspect them, then that just increases the ick/OCD/weird  factor x1000.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, grisgris said:

Was I correct in hearing Zende say that he always checks his condoms for possible holes? Huh? Talk about a mood killer. If he opens them in advance to inspect them, then that just increases the ick/OCD/weird  factor x1000.

Yes, you heard that! I was like EW! when he said that. Maybe he checks them afterward. Just a squeeze...

I don't think Sasha is preggers because she didn't tell Stephanie that she was when she was talking to the portrait. I hope she is and doesn't know it. Of course, the Avants will put all the blame on her and none on the Condom Checker.

• Love 7

If I cared about Zende at all, he'd be dead to me.  What a douche!  I don't understand what Sasha sees in him any way, but this should be her wake up call to let the creep go back to her expressionless half-sister.  I'd love to see Sasha paired with someone who's dynamic and interesting.  Nicole and Zende can fade into the wallpaper now that her incubator duties have been fulfilled.

I will laugh and laugh if Katie and Bill go at it while Brooke hides under the bed.

Does anyone know if or when Ashleigh Brewer is coming back?

On 5/18/2016 at 6:21 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

Ridge wanted back into the Forrester Mansion for family tradition and Motherrrr, by ousting the prior residents? This isn't Siberia, so go fuck yourself and buy your own house, Stalin.

Rick wants to oust Ridge and family from the mansion and Forrester Creations by exposing some idiot secret Ridge is hiding about something? Grow the fuck up and buy your own house, Twerp.

Yes, this.  I wish Eric would take back his house and tell both those fuckers that he doesn't owe them anything. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I will laugh and laugh if Katie and Bill go at it while Brooke hides under the bed.

Brooke flailing around trying to figure out what to do when Katie came home was comedy gold.  I half expected Yakety Sax to break out in the background.

• Love 9
(edited)

This show...

Sasha, trotting out the tired old soap trope of faking a pregnancy. Girl, this is beneath you. Also, Zzzzende? Totally not worth it. Any man that could use you to get over the love of his life - I mean, the girl he went on two dates with (both of which took place in his kitchen, pepper steak was involved, IIRC) and happily bang you while pining over her should be run out of a town on a rail.

CountryMama says the trifling Sasha got what was coming to her but I disagree. She's a Taylor fan so this Sasha/Nicole nonsense ain't no thang. Zende broke up with Nicole because he couldn't deal with her pregnancy (which I can totally understand). Yes, Sasha went after him (and I think this had a lot more to do with Daddy Julius than how amazing Zende is - his abs are, I'll give him that, but that's about all he has to offer). But he could have said no, out of respect for Nicole and his supposed love for her, but not two seconds after Sasha darkened his bedroom doorway, he and his dick were saying an awful lot of yes.

And they've been saying yes ever since until the second Nicole popped that kid out and now he can have sexy times with her? Buh-bye Sasha!

He's a pig, pure and simple and both ladies would do well to be rid of him. 

Speaking of things being beneath someone. Really, show? You have Brooke hiding under the bed. She is in her 50s FFS. This is embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as the beefy Bill strutting around. When your head is too small for your body, that's a problem. 

So Maya wasn't going to ostracize Julius because she knows how that feels...I suppose it was meant to be a nice, mature moment for her but of all times for her to read him for filth, this was the time. His being a lying cheating sack of shit doesn't have anything to do with her being transgender. To compare the situations is just wrong. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

And they've been saying yes ever since until the second Nicole popped that kid out and now he can have sexy times with her? Buh-bye Sasha!

And how short-sighted of Zende.  I mean, if he'd done any research, he would have realized that Nicole needs about 6 weeks or so to recover from childbirth before she can start having sex with him.  He could have had another six weeks of Sasha sex before he had his revelation that he really wanted Nicole after all.  

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

And how short-sighted of Zende.  I mean, if he'd done any research, he would have realized that Nicole needs about 6 weeks or so to recover from childbirth before she can start having sex with him.  He could have had another six weeks of Sasha sex before he had his revelation that he really wanted Nicole after all.  

If he was doing it for sex, sure it would have been smarter to wait. I cut Zende a very small amount of slack because he did something very unusual for this show. He broke up with Nicole before having sex with Sasha. It was only a microsecond but still. Of course he had to blow it by not breaking up with Sasha before jumping back to Nicole, but I don't think he's all about the sex. 

• Love 5

The only thing that was missing from Nicole's and Zende's hospital bed scene was the three wise men, a heavenly quire, and a devine light.  Nicole is further raised by lowering Sasha. Sasha is the fallen woman to be left pregnant and barefoot. Even the Saints' dad, Pappa Avant, took shots at Sasha. First asking her if she was telling the truth and than telling her that Nicole would never get into this situation.  

Brooke your asked to leave but you just had to stick around to pour more fuel on the fire.  Brooke just had to give Bill  a hug didn't she.  Her panties were getting a little too dry. 

• Love 5

Brooke under the bed is the most ridiculous thing in the world. While Katie’s reactions are crazy, she is right to not trust Brooke. That bitch has no boundaries whatsoever. Even if her rude ass decided to come over without calling to drop off that dress, she had no business entering the bedroom. What if Katie and Bill were already in there making love or whatever?  And then she has to hug Bill in the kitchen? She sucks.

I find it challenging to feel sorry for Sasha. She presented herself to Zende as a friends with benefits kind of gal and that’s what he went for. Granted, he should definitely have not been sleeping with anyone so closely associated with Nicole. That was extremely tacky. But Sasha is nuts. I couldn’t believe my ears when she said she couldn’t believe how she keeps benefitting from Nicole’s actions before telling Zende she’s pregnant. And gross as it is, it’s telling that he was checking the condoms because he knows she wants to lock him down.

I hope that now that Rick is a father he will stop whining about getting back into the Forrester mansion. I am of the unpopular opinion that Ridge has more rights because he and his siblings were raised in that house by their parents. Rick didn’t grow up there. Didn’t Bridget say Stephanie barely let them cross the threshold?

Some people say buy a house, but why should Ridge when his mother is dead, his father doesn’t want to live in the main house anymore and that’s the family home he grew up in? It’s not like he didn’t own property with Brooke and Taylor. But if his parents have vacated the property for whatever reason, why shouldn’t he live in it?

Rick’s an idiot. If I were Maya, I would have gone house shopping a long time ago, while waiting for the baby. They could have bought a property with a guest house on it that her parents could live in.

And when the fuck is Julius going to get a job? And he’s taking the bus?  Even Sasha has a car. I kind of wonder where she lives even though I don’t really care. Maybe Vivienne uses the car to go to work.

Any guesses on baby names? Myra? Nicolette? Julia? Logan?

I can’t believe they expect us to believe that Nicole is not going to have any emotional issues with regard to this baby. Even a cat or a cow has more attachment to its litter than she’s exhibiting. She said a few times the experience changes you for life, but how has it changed her?

• Love 12

Nicole doesn't have time to care about the baby, now that she has Zzzende back. Or so she thinks.

I think Vivienne Brooke would be a good name for the baby. I doubt they'll name her Logan because that's Bridget's son's name. 

I think Maya is over Rick wanting to be CEO and the big mansion. Hard to believe...

• Love 4

2 suggestions for Brooke, leave when asked to, and just put the dress in the living room.

Sometimes I think there's one good writer on the show who gets shouted down by the rest.

Writer 1:  How about we have Wyatt take Caroline and Ivy and start his own fashion house ?

Rest of the writers:  NO! WE NEED MORE TRIANGLE !!

Writer 1:  What If Nicole bonds with the baby and doesn't want to give it up ?

Writer 1:  What if Quinn forced Mr Montemayor to give up the Hope for the future diamond ?

Rest of the writers:  NO! WE NEED MORE ALCOHOLIC !!

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

13 hours ago, ByTor said:

Brooke flailing around trying to figure out what to do when Katie came home was comedy gold.  I half expected Yakety Sax to break out in the background.

There is something to be said about Brooke's mincing little steps and flapping around looking for a place to hide ... but it's not very complimentary.

It is beyond Brooke's mental ability to respect any boundaries, no matter how many times she has been told or how many times she has promised to do so. 

Brooke insisting that Logan's don't have observe any of the common social niceties like call or knock before they to barge into a house or bedroom is par for the course in her determination to help Katie ... er ... $Bill ... um ... herself by not respecting social boundaries. Brooke being told to "Get The Hell Out Of My House!" doesn't penetrate her self-justification on insisting that she needs to explain her bad behavior.

Katie was absolutely right to tell $Bill that the second he saw Brooke in their bedroom he should have told her to leave, but instead he defended Brooke walking into their house uninvited and unannounced and hiding under their bed. Brooke cannot help herself but insisting on being under the bed or in the middle Katie and $Bill's marriage, and $Bill is okay with Brooke's interference ... All the better to sniff you, my dear.

I am puzzled by the strange universe in which Katie is expected by Brooke and $Bill to play nice when Brooke is busy insinuating herself into her marriage and is the main rival in pursuit of Katie's husband.

Today's episode should have been titled: Katie's Marriage -- Stick a Fork In It, Because It's Done

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

2 suggestions for Brooke, leave when asked to, and just put the dress in the living room.

Sometimes I think there's one good writer on the show who gets shouted down by the rest.

Writer 1:  How about we have Wyatt take Caroline and Ivy and start his own fashion house ?

Writer 1:  What If Nicole bonds with the baby and doesn't want to give it up ?

Writer 1:  What if Quinn forced Mr Montemayor to give up the Hope for the future diamond ?

Rest of the writers:  NO! WE NEED MORE ALCOHOLIC !!

When the TIIC have written so much shit they have to start a tenth pile ...

I definitely need more Stoli.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Katie was absolutely right to tell $Bill that the second he saw Brooke in their bedroom he should have told her to leave

He also should have backed Katie up and insisted that Brooke leave after Katie asked her to. 

Why is Brooke being written as a moron?  She herself said that you never know what will set Katie off, so what made her think sneaking in her house was a good idea in the first place?  I won't even mention the hiding under the bed thing.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, politichick said:

I hope that now that Rick is a father he will stop whining about getting back into the Forrester mansion. I am of the unpopular opinion that Ridge has more rights because he and his siblings were raised in that house by their parents. Rick didn’t grow up there. Didn’t Bridget say Stephanie barely let them cross the threshold?

Some people say buy a house, but why should Ridge when his mother is dead, his father doesn’t want to live in the main house anymore and that’s the family home he grew up in? It’s not like he didn’t own property with Brooke and Taylor. But if his parents have vacated the property for whatever reason, why shouldn’t he live in it?

I tend to agree in theory. In practice, this seems to have far less to do with the house itself and more to do with a pissing match with Rick. Somehow, if one of his other siblings had wanted to live there, I don't think it would be such a huge deal.

This is different even from the rivalry he used to once have with Thorne. I got the sense that their fights came from a place of being fundamentally different people (at least in the pre-Windsor Harmon days) but most often with good intention on both sides. More important to me, I was actually invested in their battles, something I can't say about Ridge versus Rick since before the latter dated Steffy outta spite.

That being said, any points Rick has about Ridge is entirely negated by his own entitlement complex and equally shitty behavior. The only difference between the two is a foot and a half of height.

• Love 10

I had to stop watching half way through the show.  If Brooke's idiocy, Bill's rationalizations and Katie's screeching weren't enough, Julius insisting that Zende was good for anyone - but especially for the daughter he claims to love best - is mind-boggling.  If my boyfriend had left me during a trying time in order to hump my best friend/half sister, my dad would've 1) throttled the boyfriend and 2) ensured that I knew I was too good for that shit.  I'm also tired of the way Julius berates and emotionally abuses Sasha and makes her feel terrible for being born.  She's not responsible for him not being able to keep it in his pants. 

• Love 15

For Raya baby I like the names Nicolette in honor of Nicole and the daughter called Colette for short and distinction. Or Aviva in honor of grandma Vivienne, also I think the name means life in Hebrew, which is profound. 

I may be the only one but I would love to see a Quinn/Waffles hookup.  I think he should do it just to get even with Chicken Head.  It would bug the stuffing out of Steffy also.  Maybe it would give DollarBill something to worry abut other than Brooke. 

• Love 6

If we were playing a drinking game and had to take a shot every time Liam and Rick proclaim that they were robbed, our livers would explode.  

Nicole, a little disingenuous are we with asking Zende if he was sure it was his. Yes, Nicole you gave birth and a baby is a gift but every baby is a gift so what you did wasn't all that special in the ways of the world.  Only giving up the baby could be called special but could you show just a little more remorse in your spiritual adventure?  

• Love 4

Today's show really stunk. The bad acting crew was out in full force. Even $Bill and Papa Avant were lackluster.

Brooke has faked two pregnancies and miscarriages. We haven't seen that SL cycle around for several years now. We'll see how Sasha puts a "modern twist" on it.  Twerk it out? /eyeroll

• Love 3

I thought the first one was in the very beginning when she, Ridge, Caroline I, and Thorne all lived at the Forrester mansion.

The second one was when she and Ridge were off traveling somewhere (honeymoon in Italy?) I remember Brooke went in to the bathroom, let out a fake shriek and said she'd miscarried. End. Of. Story. I remember Stephanie was highly suspicious that there was even a pregnancy to being with.

• Love 2

I thought she was very much pregnant back then, and it was newly separated -from-Thorne Caroline who had her suspicions.

Even still, the fake pregnancy plot was likely played out in the 1980s, and even more so in today's times where many kids were born out of wedlock.

• Love 1

Gosh. I wish I could remember. What made my second example all the more cheesy, fake and hilarious, was Brooke mumbled something to Ridge about "blood everywhere," but she came out of the bathroom in a spotless white terrycloth robe!

Stephanie was all over it and Ridge kept explaining the situation over and over again. All Brooke would do was avoid eye contact and give the same vague explanation.

• Love 2

Hehe. It's amazing how many women in the genre give birth in white dresses and don't get a spot of blood on them. Hell, when one of Chelsea's kids was born on Y&R, the kid was born cleaner than the floor of a hospital!

That same year, we got Phyllis having a miscarriage in a white body contouring style that Michelle Stafford always had costuming dress her in, and guess how much blood was shown?

• Love 2

Does Liam sniveling about wanting his former life back and Quinn had genuinely cared for him, and Quinn's rationalization that she'd helped Liam and he wanted to be with her, sound similar?

As is the way of things on B&B, Liam thinks he's back to normal with his post-concussion brain, and Quinn's permanent obsession on how to clear human obstacles in the path to Wyatt's future happiness and bed, hasn't abated. They seem to be suffering from kindred delusions of their time at the magical cabin in the woods -- Liam's emotional openness has fundamentally changed Quinn, and Quinn ministering to him as his wife, has nurtured and transformed him.

• Love 4

How has Quinn changed?  I'm genuinely interested because this woman who says she has been so changed by Liam tried to kill Deacon during that time.

Also, how has she changed her manipulative ways? She told Liam to send her to prison if that's what he needs but in the next breath is begging for her freedom,  She begs Liam on her knees to forgive her while being whatever about nearly killing Deacon.  How is that changed?

I think Quinn hasn't changed at all.  I think she is the queen of manipulation and plays everyone around her. And all the men involved with her are written as fools to make her work.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ch1 said:

How has Quinn changed?  I'm genuinely interested because this woman who says she has been so changed by Liam tried to kill Deacon during that time.

Also, how has she changed her manipulative ways? She told Liam to send her to prison if that's what he needs but in the next breath is begging for her freedom,  She begs Liam on her knees to forgive her while being whatever about nearly killing Deacon.  How is that changed?

I think Quinn hasn't changed at all.  I think she is the queen of manipulation and plays everyone around her. And all the men involved with her are written as fools to make her work.

I think Quinn's emotional change is manufactured to drive the Plot Plot Plot. Quinn is fundamentally the same, with the added fixation on being in love with Liam ... It'll pass. Quinn choosing to push Deacon off a cliff to hang on to her fantasy marriage with Liam is totally whack and in keeping with how Quinn does anything.

Liam is as indecisive as he's ever been, but now he's waffling about what happened when he was with Quinn or if he's going to file charges against her -- That is a fundamental change for Liam since he once hated the sight of Quinn.

• Love 4

I'm not a fan of the Waffler, but I don't like how that attorney was trying to downplay what happened to Liam. He was clearly violated. If the roles were reversed, Liam would have the book thrown at him. Would he have asked a woman why she didn't leave the man who was holding her captive? That much pissed me off.

And Chicken...Stop defending that wack job. Mother or not...she's pulled a sword on him in the past, kept him from medical attention after a head injury, and the list goes on. SMH.

• Love 8

OMG! Could they drag this out anymore? Do you want to press charges is a yes or no question. Why the need for lawyers? Press charges and let a jury decide. Writers obviously want her to skate and they're tripping all over themselves to make it so. So fucking sick of no one paying for their crimes. I might be out after this stupidity. And Justin is a shitty ass lawyer

• Love 6

I'm at work so I haven't watched but reading on line I know I'm not touching this episode.  There is only so much suspension of disbelief a person can do.  I hate when soaps touch legal issues because they suck at it.

So will Quinn skate while Deacon's attempted murder goes the way of Montemayor?  Something the writers did that ultimately had zero point.

• Love 4

I am sick to death of this whole Liam/Quinn crap. And it is complete bullshit how they’re acting like it’s a he said, she said thing. Where’s the footage that Charlie found? What about Liam’s amnesia and lack of professional medical care? Her attempts to hide the relationship and whisk him away to parts unknown?

This show seriously blows. Also, the actor who plays Lt. Baker needs to get some pride. He looks like a fool with that stupid hot dog schtick. Why the writers think they’re being all clever with that is beyond me.

Liam should tell Wyatt to leave Steffy and give him back the life Quinn stole so her son could have a woman who is still in love with someone else, and then he can consider not pressing charges. I wonder what the Fooler would have to say then.

And I may have to stop watching altogether, cold turkey like I did with that fucking Y&R when the bullshit became too much, if they make Liam and Quinn a couple. What the hell do they have in common? Is she going to do all of the physical outdoor activities that Steffy did with him? He doesn’t need to be with a crazy bitch who’s old enough to be his mother. And those stupid bangs and ugly clothes don’t make it any more appropriate or palatable or make her look any younger. In fact, it has aged her.

Where is Deacon? I also hate that they’re acting like he used her. She’s the one who made him not working so he could tend to her every need a condition of the marriage. Maybe they should put him with Brooke so she can start minding her own beeswax.

• Love 8

I actually was able to stay awake for this entire episode. Thanks B&B for not having Sasha, Nicole, and Zende on today.  

Quinn, when your lawyer tells you to shut up, than just STFU.  Liam even waffles on pressing charges. 

• Love 8

Justin Barber is the worst lawyer. Absolute worst. He stood there like he got his degree at Walmart.

The fact he allowed a lawyer to say that the 'intimate relations' between Quinn and Liam were consensual since she didn't forcibly restrain him was appalling. The least they could've had Justin say was ' We're not in the 80s anymore counseler. A person doesn't have to have had visible injury to have been raped against their will. Dumbass.' 

Liam spoke like an all too familiar victim saying he didn't want to go to trial to have the world know what happened to him if it was going to be for nothing. Maybe he would relent whe Justin told him he couldn't win the case, but as soon as Liam heard what Quinn had to say and showed she had no remorse, he should've said 'Screw it. I'm prosecuting your ass. Sure people will find out what happened to me, and maybe you won't go to prison, but the world will know what YOU did to ME. Justin, you're fired. I'll find someone who doesn't wet himself when another lawyer speaks.'  

Then you bring over Leslie or Sharon's barracuda of a lawyer from Y&R or bring back Avery Bailey Clark or Avery Bailey Clark type (when she was a good lawyer) who sees through Quinn's BS, doesn't take Liam's waffling, and even tells Bill what's what and nails Quinn to the wall and actually gets her convicted. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I was legit pissed watching that episode today. So because he's a man, had a physical response, initiated with a woman he thought was his wife, etc....it's a he said/she said. It also wasn't rape because it wasn't violent or forced? Who writes this mess? Why didn't Wyatt give a statement? She had Liam deadbolted inside while she was talking to him and he has the nerve to say Liam shouldn't press charges? The nerve. He's probably just afraid his life will come tumbling down.

Liam had no idea who he was and in his clear mind, he wouldn't have touched her with a 20 foot pole. She made up this fake life, names, and plotted to take him to parts unknown. He had no reason to distrust her. He had amnesia and could barely stand. How was he going to drive away? It really unnerved me that she was damn near wetting herself with excitement when her attorney was speaking and downplaying what she did. No remorse and acting like the cat got the cream. That whole scene was sickening to me. There was no consent whatsoever, and if Quinn gets off with this, I'm done. Why would he want to be with her? Liam sounded like a victim when he was worried about how it would be perceived if the world found out what she did to him. Lt. Hot Dog is useless. Liam would do better representing himself than allowing Justin to talk him out of pressing charges. Hell let a jury decide.

ETA: could this be classified as Stockholm Syndrome or some element of it?

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

I'm not a fan of the Waffler, but I don't like how that attorney was trying to downplay what happened to Liam. He was clearly violated. If the roles were reversed, Liam would have the book thrown at him. Would he have asked a woman why she didn't leave the man who was holding her captive? That much pissed me off.

And Chicken...Stop defending that wack job. Mother or not...she's pulled a sword on him in the past, kept him from medical attention after a head injury, and the list goes on. SMH.

I don't know if this was the show's intent, but they really showed what it's like for a woman who's raped, especially if she's raped by someone she knows.  Those were exactly the kind of questions women get asked, especially by the defendant's lawyer.  And Liam being hesitant to go forward because he doesn't want people to know what happened to him is also pretty true to life.  

I just don't know if I want to give these writers the credit for actually portraying it that way to make a point about our justice system, because it would not surprise me if that point was accidental to whatever they have planned here.  

• Love 9

I'll give the writers some marginal credit for at least acknowledging a crime has happen. That's more than any rape victim on Y&R since the MAB/Hogan Sheffer reign of terror has been given.

But goddamn, does that some like a hot mess. This show wasn't even this inept when writing for Caroline I's rape story in 1987, where Ridge had to testify as a character witness to get the guy sent to jail. But at least that was sadly true to life--30 years ago. The law as written doesn't acknowledge men as victims in a lot of places, but he was most certainly kidnapped and his life was endangered because Quinnsane kept him locked in the cabin. FFS.

• Love 4

$Bill, you kept Katie locked in the attic so you could interfere in Liam's life.  So have a nice cool glass of STFU and maybe look for a better lawyer. I think Carter might be available.

Meanwhile Deacon sits in a cheap motel room wondering when Quinn will be back.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I don't know if this was the show's intent, but they really showed what it's like for a woman who's raped, especially if she's raped by someone she knows.  Those were exactly the kind of questions women get asked, especially by the defendant's lawyer.  And Liam being hesitant to go forward because he doesn't want people to know what happened to him is also pretty true to life.  

I just don't know if I want to give these writers the credit for actually portraying it that way to make a point about our justice system, because it would not surprise me if that point was accidental to whatever they have planned here.  

When B&B wants to make a social stand, they are as obvious as fireworks on the Fourth of July. See Also: Stephanie's cancer plot and her browbeat in Nick for having a cigar.

I wouldn't give these idiot writers credit, either :/

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Right. I'll give them credit for accidentally or intentionally hinting at what it's like for a woman to be taken advantage of by someone she knows. Knowing this show, they have an ulterior motive that will involve Quinnsane getting off or Liam realising she's his true love. *gag* 

• Love 2

I believe this show is trying to downplay what Quinn did. I don't think they even view what happened to Liam as even close to rape.  Hell SC didn't.

• Love 3

I do. The idea of men as rape victims is still a foreign concept to a lot of people.  But B&B has had precedent of downplaying this kind of thing, notably when Ridge decided to bang an intoxicated Caroline I as a "joke" then backtracked to say she knew it was him and not Thorne months later.  

• Love 3

I was curious, so I researched laws and came across rape by deception/fraud. Under Cali law, Quinn doing what she did to Liam would actually meet the criteria for the legal definition of being taken advantage of. (The more known ones are physical force, duress, menace, fear of retaliation, and fraud.) The law defines rape by fraud as the following: 

Fraud---because the accused either (1) fraudulently convinces the alleged victim that they are married, or (2) fraudulently convinces the alleged victim that the sexual act serves a "professional" purpose even though it does no such thing.5

Gray area my big toe, Justin. Quinn admitted to Lt. Hot Dog that she told him they were married and Photoshopped pictures to support that manipulation. If Justin hadn't gotten his degree off the back of a turnip truck, maybe he could've pointed out that little tidbit to Quinnsane and her attorney. Come on Bell. Do some research and educate some folks in the process. A woman in the UK was jailed for 8 years for this type of crime, and I doubt she's the first. For once, I'd like for Liam not to waffle, not to fall for her, and to seek some counselling.

• Love 15