Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Who is worshipping Hope? Good grief, every time someone mentions her, it's about how wonderful and beautiful and fabulous and etc. she is. It's nauseating.

Seriously, I usually FF any scene she's in, except when Brooke, Bill, Ally or Quinn are involved.  And when I do watch her, I have to watch my diabetes because she's so sickeningly sweet.

• Love 2

@tittB, now I am picturing the day that TK was hired to play Ridge... Bradley was driving to work, worried that he'd never find an actor to play the part, when out of the corner of his eye he saw someone with a sign that read - will work for food.

• Love 6

All of this. Two wrongs don't make a rights, and Brooke wouldn't be wrong to take some distance from Bill over this. But Ridge has been a colossal asshole well before Bill was in the picture, who has always believed that no matter how many times he leaves Brooke he can always come back.

Why shouldn't he believe this? Hasn't it always been true? The great "Destiny" of Bridge. Katie and Bill are just pit stops like everyone else has been. IMO

I liked Ivy I thought her amazing truth-telling would burst Aly's bubble and I so wanted to see that.

I have a lot of hate for Ridge.  Hated Ronnnnnn Moss and now find myself hating this incarnation even more.  I've also pretty much always hated Katie.  But I've never hated them more than during Bill's confession.  After Ridge marched into Brooke's house last week and made his accusation, and then Bill admitted it.  When Katie did her little smirk and tossed her hair... I wanted to smash her face.  Aargh.

Ridge's line as he was banking the helicopter back and forth... "I didn't just study poetry in Paris."  Aargh.

If it weren't for the Australian accent, I think I would have thought that Ivy was Steffy.  I think she resembles Jacqueline Wood a lot, except with straighter and shorter hair.

Why on earth is Maya still being invited to an executive meeting?  She is a MODEL.  Why does she have any input on the future of Forrester?  Why was Othello sitting in the background at that meeting?  He's a DJ, I thought he was Steffy's friend.  If they are going to dredge up extras, why not bring back the Asian girl and the blonde (Madison and... ???) who were Thomas' girlfriends and have them sit at the table too?  Why don't we ever see these two anymore?  Why is Maya the lead Forrester model now?

• Love 4

I have a lot of hate for Ridge.  Hated Ronnnnnn Moss and now find myself hating this incarnation even more.  I've also pretty much always hated Katie.  But I've never hated them more than during Bill's confession.  After Ridge marched into Brooke's house last week and made his accusation, and then Bill admitted it.  When Katie did her little smirk and tossed her hair... I wanted to smash her face.  Aargh.

Ridge's line as he was banking the helicopter back and forth... "I didn't just study poetry in Paris."  Aargh.

If it weren't for the Australian accent, I think I would have thought that Ivy was Steffy.  I think she resembles Jacqueline Wood a lot, except with straighter and shorter hair.

Why on earth is Maya still being invited to an executive meeting?  She is a MODEL.  Why does she have any input on the future of Forrester?  Why was Othello sitting in the background at that meeting?  He's a DJ, I thought he was Steffy's friend.  If they are going to dredge up extras, why not bring back the Asian girl and the blonde (Madison and... ???) who were Thomas' girlfriends and have them sit at the table too?  Why don't we ever see these two anymore?  Why is Maya the lead Forrester model now?

I started to hated Ronnnnn Mess' Ridge ever since the Runway Proposal and it's just escalated in recent years.  What happened to Nick to prop up this loser caused me to tune out for several years.  On what planet would some man not have kicked Ridge's ass (other than Blake Hayes, and he was crazy) by now?  Why must every man be trashed to prop up a serial adulterer who crawled into bed with both his father and brothers' wives and girlfriends?  Not to mention that he has gotten away with every vile and rotten thing he has ever done.  Virtually every female over 12 just had to fall in love with that creep and was quivering in lust for him--even his own mother.  This incarnation of Ridge...there simply are no words.  Don't even get me started on his hateful fiancée, Satan's concubine.  I agree with whomever said that they are insufferable as a couple.  Ridge has spent more time cock-blocking Bill than he has on romancing his too-stupid-to-live future wife.

Who thought this pairing was a good idea?  Do Bradley & Co. see what many viewers and critics see?  Or will he willfully continue to prop them as the most fantastic, the most wonderful, the most soulful couple ever?

As for the goings on at Forrester, it's like the inmates are running the asylum, or Romper Room is in recess.  Where are the grown-ups?  You know, the ones who actually have something vested in the company and who actually know how to run a business?

• Love 3
Who is worshipping Hope? Good grief, every time someone mentions her, it's about how wonderful and beautiful and fabulous and etc. she is. It's nauseating.

And Aly almost literally worshiped Hope when she first came on the scene. 

I'm cracking up watching Liam tell Hope that accepting the diamond will give Wyatt encouragement to hang in there.  Yes, Liam, she should totally back off and make it clear to Wyatt that you are the only one for her.  You know, the way you always did with Steffy.  The tough stance you always took in shutting down her hopes of getting you back was really a model for all who find themselves in that situation.  I swear, I love SC, but Liam finds a way to piss me off at least once a week. 

• Love 5

Two wrongs don't make a rights, and Brooke wouldn't be wrong to take some distance from Bill over this. But Ridge has been a colossal asshole well before Bill was in the picture, who has always believed that no matter how many times he leaves Brooke he can always come back.

Every man in her life has called him out on this, and TIIC always trash the other guy to prop Bridge. Nick is the most infamous example, but I came across some video of the end of Brooke and Grant where he went N Sane as well.

Any other woman would have canceled that bastard by now and bought herself another one if she had to.

• Love 2

The problem with Hope accepting the Dope diamond is that her ex-lover is giving it to her behind her fiance's back. If Wyatt had gotten Liam and Hope together and given it to her as a wedding gift, that would be another story. Here, however, back-stabbing Chicken Head is trying to get Hope back using the diamond.

What Stinky did to Bill would have resulted in his certain death if he had fallen out of the helicopter. They weren't over water. Nobody mentions this!?

I don't hear people say that about Hope and I watch every day. Of course she'll be well liked on the show. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that!!

ITA with the rest of yr post. IMO Bill should press charges because he was attempting to kill him unlike Bill with Ridge!!

Seriously, I usually FF any scene she's in, except when Brooke, Bill, Ally or Quinn are involved. And when I do watch her, I have to watch my diabetes because she's so sickeningly sweet.

IMO soaps need good and bad girls and I think there r way too many bad ones. Aly doesn't seem to bother people and she's good. Hope is a mix of good girl bad girl as far as Weanie and Liam r concerned but that's JMO. Too bad it's in the worst way!!

@tittB, now I am picturing the day that TK was hired to play Ridge... Bradley was driving to work, worried that he'd never find an actor to play the part, when out of the corner of his eye he saw someone with a sign that read - will work for food.

ROFLMAO!!

• Love 1

And Aly almost literally worshiped Hope when she first came on the scene.

I'm cracking up watching Liam tell Hope that accepting the diamond will give Wyatt encouragement to hang in there. Yes, Liam, she should totally back off and make it clear to Wyatt that you are the only one for her. You know, the way you always did with Steffy. The tough stance you always took in shutting down her hopes of getting you back was really a model for all who find themselves in that situation. I swear, I love SC, but Liam finds a way to piss me off at least once a week.

Yes Aly worshipped her but who r "all the others??". I never saw Liam tell Steffy that she was the only one for him. In fact, he told Hope that she was always the one and divorced Steffy twice which proved what he said!! :)

Any other woman would have canceled that bastard by now and bought herself another one if she had to.

Katie is too stupid to do that and because of it Kringe deserve each other!!

• Love 1

As RuntheTable pointed out upstream - it's all about the winning. I don't think that Stinky and Sourpuss are in love with each other. They are both in love with winning and they see that in each other as though they were each looking in a mirror.

• Love 2

As RuntheTable pointed out upstream - it's all about the winning. I don't think that Stinky and Sourpuss are in love with each other. They are both in love with winning and they see that in each other as though they were each looking in a mirror.

I second that emotion!  Ridge won't be satisfied until Brooke is on her knees and begging for another chance.  Several times.  As an added bonus, she has to humiliate herself further by stating "You were right!" just like she did when Nick disappointed her.  That's a win-win for him.  For Katie, it's the knowledge of knowing that despite Bill giving her no indication that he wanted her ass back, Brooke won't have him either.  And, if Brooke doesn't give them what they want?  

Well, Shrek has already fixed his mouth to state that he doesn't want Bill around RJ.  His keeper already put the bug in his ear months ago about RJ "maybe" coming to their lair to live with them.  That she suggested this for no apparent reason other than the ogre whining about Bill being around RJ, set my bullshit detector into overdrive.  To their way of thinking, if it punishes Brooke, then it's all good!  So, I'm calling it now:  If Brooke "disappoints" the demonic duo, look for the ogre to up the ante by twisting the knife and threatening to take RJ away from her with his smirking handmaiden egging him on.  That kid has never been anything but a weapon that the ogre can wield at any given moment to guilt Brooke into doing what he wants.  Getting custody of the kid is one thing, but taking care of him is something different altogether.  Since his handmaiden seems to have plenty of time on her hands, she'll become obsessed with raising RJ just like she was obsessed about raising Jack when she was in her house-of-cards relationship with Nick.

• Love 5

Whatever happened to Nick anyways?  Is he still on a yacht sailing around the world?  I loathed Crap Wagner, but I'd love to see a recast Nick come back and do battle with Ridge.  It's always boring when it's just one man taking on another man, and the Bill vs. Ridge conflict is getting stale.  They swapped bedmates and they are still not happy.

Why isn't Donna going after Eric?  He dumped her because she was getting fat.  Even at her fattest, she was far thinner than Refrigerator Stephanie.  Stephanie's gone, Donna is still around.  I'd like to see her get a storyline again.

• Love 2

I could give a cat's badoodle if Hope keeps the diamond or not. The only compelling angle to this is Wyatt stabbing Liam, and proving he is a snake in the grass. I did appreciate Liam's comment about how it bothered him seeing Hope and Wyatt in the tabloids; I guess Hope seeing him and Steffy on them was AOK. If Hope is telling Liam that the diamond is about the line, and isn't any kind of commitment on her part; then he should trust that. That is what engaged couples do, they trust each other. If you don't or can't trust each other, then you get what these two have always had; misunderstandings and bolting to someone else.

I hate myself for this, but I was feeling some of that old magic today between Brooke and Deacon. After that brief glimpse we got the other day, I found myself youtubing some of B/D's old scenes. There really was no way to measure the heat these two generated. Brooke was just so absolutely gorgeous during this time. I am trying hard to remember how much I like Brooke with Bill.

• Love 4

Shouldn't Chickenhead be on double secret probation instead of being allowed to call press conferences and not telling anyone what they're about?

Nice job presidenting Rick.

That's exactly what I thought!! How on earth can he make such a move on his own, plus he's a jewelry designer on contract and nothing else!!

I could give a cat's badoodle if Hope keeps the diamond or not. The only compelling angle to this is Wyatt stabbing Liam, and proving he is a snake in the grass. I did appreciate Liam's comment about how it bothered him seeing Hope and Wyatt in the tabloids; I guess Hope seeing him and Steffy on them was AOK. If Hope is telling Liam that the diamond is about the line, and isn't any kind of commitment on her part; then he should trust that. That is what engaged couples do, they trust each other. If you don't or can't trust each other, then you get what these two have always had; misunderstandings and bolting to someone else.

I totally understand why Liam doesn't want her to keep it considering that was when he lost her. It represents a terrible time in their relationship to him.

• Love 1
I never saw Liam tell Steffy that she was the only one for him. In fact, he told Hope that she was always the one and divorced Steffy twice which proved what he said!! :)

I never said he told Steffy that.  I was saying that he's hypocritical to expect Hope to be such a hardass with Wyatt when he refused to do the same with Steffy.  

• Love 6
(edited)
I'm cracking up watching Liam tell Hope that accepting the diamond will give Wyatt encouragement to hang in there.  Yes, Liam, she should totally back off and make it clear to Wyatt that you are the only one for her.  You know, the way you always did with Steffy.  The tough stance you always took in shutting down her hopes of getting you back was really a model for all who find themselves in that situation.

Well, gigantic hypocrite that Liam may be, I'm in his corner on the wrongness of the diamond gift. Putting aside all of the messy Liam/Hope/Wyatt triangular history, IMO it is still wildly inappropriate for someone's girlfriend to accept such an expensive gift from another man. If the situation were reversed, Wyatt would be going berserk.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8

Blackwing, Nick was kinda phased out suddenly with not much explabation. I mean, TIIC had him nearly complete the Logan trifecta of boinking Donna before Wagner left on his own or was let go (I honestly forgot which happened). Regardless of how ruined the character was by then, nine years on this show deserved more than what he got, IMO .

• Love 1

I never said he told Steffy that. I was saying that he's hypocritical to expect Hope to be such a hardass with Wyatt when he refused to do the same with Steffy.

That was then and this is now. Besides he was a hard ass with Steffy at Lope's last wedding and sent her ass packing. :). Besides that diamond is way, way too expensive to accept, especially from a back stabbing weasel like Weanie. I can't wait until she says no in front of everybody. That will kill his stupid ass, haha!!

Well, gigantic hypocrite that Liam may be, I'm in his corner on the wrongness of the diamond gift. Putting aside all of the messy Liam/Hope/Wyatt triangular history, IMO it is still wildly inappropriate for someone's girlfriend to accept such an expensive gift from another man. If the situation were reversed, Wyatt would be going berserk.

OMG damn straight he would!! Hope should have not thought of keeping it for one nanosecond because she's planning to marry Liam. Where is Liam being a hypocrite? The crap with Steffy is done now and he's not that man anymore but Hyatt are still playing out.

• Love 1

Blackwing, Nick was kinda phased out suddenly with not much explabation. I mean, TIIC had him nearly complete the Logan trifecta of boinking Donna before Wagner left on his own or was let go (I honestly forgot which happened). Regardless of how ruined the character was by then, nine years on this show deserved more than what he got, IMO .

Yeah, I remember that all of a sudden he just disappeared, it was odd. From what I recall, they asked Crap Wagner to take a paycut. They wanted to drop him to recurring and focus on the next generation (Hope, Liam, etc). Like the primadonna he is, Crap refused, so they fired him, and there was no "going back again".

It's odd that once people leave town that nobody ever thinks of them. What happened to that child he finally fathered after six or seven failed attempts? The one with Taylor where they thought it was her egg but really Brooke's? Taylor gave the child, Jack, to Brooke. Where is this child now? With Brooke? At boarding school with RJ? With Nick? Vanished/killed offscreen as if he never existed? So strange. Brooke has many faults but I do think she loves all her children, and even though she didn't intend for this one, I think she did care for him. But she never mentions him at all.

• Love 2

That's one of the many reasons I loathe Taylor-- that she just dumped a baby she carried in her womb for 9 months because he had Brooke's DNA. She couldn't love a sweet innocent baby because of its "tainted blood." Bitch!

• Love 6
Why isn't Donna going after Eric?  He dumped her because she was getting fat.  Even at her fattest, she was far thinner than Refrigerator Stephanie.  Stephanie's gone, Donna is still around.  I'd like to see her get a storyline again.

Thanks for sending a scare through the camp, blackwing - your post had me thinking Eric was in today's episode so I bothered to watch it, but it was not to be! Rats!

This Eric/Donna thing (or lack thereof) is a bugbear of mine and has been for a long, long time now - I get a bit one-note about it here on this forum but I just can't leave the idea alone that original legacy characters like Donna Logan and Eric Forrester are being backburned into obscurity in favour of oversaturation of the new characters and their storylines, particularly when the writers have dropped breadcrumbs in Donna's dialogue (and Brooke's too, while I think of it) to indicate that Donna is still interested in Eric. I understand that things have to move forward and I get that Hope is the future of the show, but do we really need to have every second scene about the Triangle of Death 3.0 (or whatever number we're up to now)? Even Brooke and her Bedroom Line-Up are playing second fiddle on the regular (but maybe this will chance with Deacon back in Brooke's life - the absence of Ridge is also a factor holding up this stoyline).

What TPTB should have done was run the Oliver/Aly romance in parallel with a rekindling of the Eric/Donna relationship: the new, naive and headlong desire in the folly of youth against the mature, familiar and comfortable companionship between two people who at this stage of their lives - Eric certainly - simply want someone to be there for them and to know that they are loved and respected and cherished. Both of these stories are essentially about discovery - of feelings and emotions, of personalities, of dreams and aspirations, wants and needs, etc. - but the vitality of one romance and the uniqueness of the other allows this theme of discovery to be told in two different ways to keep things interesting. And they would only need a few scenes a week to fuel the storylines along, they don't have to be front page news - just enough to keep long-time fans interested in characters they already know and love (or love to hate). I'd be curious to know if there are any fans of B&B who still think of John McCook as Lance Prentiss from 100 years ago on Y&R (said fans are probably themselves 100 years old by now).

But anyway. When I get too worked up about the lack of Eric story in 2014 I just watch old episodes and that seems to scratch my itch. Yesterday in the mail I got a DVD loan from the Dad's Army Appreciation Society of The Rear Guard, an attempt at an American Dad's Army remake that JMC was in, so that has kept me busy of late. And I guess there's always fanfiction! *vomit*

• Love 6
(edited)

That was then and this is now.

That is a hard sell in any relationship, but when it comes to Hope and Liam? I am just not going to be able to get with that. Liam had so many opportunities to tell Steffy to take a hike, and leave him and Hope alone, but he was never quite able to pull that off. Even up until their most recent failed attempt at marriage, Liam was conversing with, and fulfilling Steffy's requests. Now though, when the shoe is on the other foot, and Hope has another guy interested in her, there is a different set of rules? I hate double standards, but I particularly hate sexist double standards. I am disappointed with Wyatt right now for shoving Liam's generosity and acceptance in his face, but that is between the two brothers. When it comes to Hope, I would prefer her to be with Wyatt. When they were dating exclusively, Wyatt was not putting all these restrictions on her, and had no problem with her being around Liam, because he trusted in their relationship, and more importantly, he trusted Hope to respect their relationship. Outside of that, I feel like I am watching two people who were truly exploring each other, instead of a brother and sister, or a boring couple who had been married for 50 years. Make no mistake, I like SC, and I like the Liam character, as long as he is not in Hope's orbit. I don't know about Ivy and him yet, but I certainly felt sparks between him and Katie when he was becoming her BFF, and there was that undeniable energy between Liam and Quinn. But the writers aren't going to go there because they think they need to recreate Ridge/Brooke/Taylor with these characters; and it is my opinion that they have failed miserably.

that Hope is the future of the show

NO!!! I'm sorry, but KM just doesn't have the presence or charisma to carry the show.

I'd be curious to know if there are any fans of B&B who still think of John McCook as Lance Prentiss from 100 years ago on Y&R (said fans are probably themselves 100 years old by now).

Well I guess I am 100 years old then, because I will always see JM as Lance Prentiss with his crazy Burka wearing momma.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 6
NO!!! I'm sorry, but KM just doesn't have the presence or charisma to carry the show.

I did feel a little dirty typing it out, I gotta say.

Well I guess I am 100 years old then, because I will always see JM as Lance Prentiss with his crazy Burka wearing momma.

Apologies RuntheTable - I meant it in a nice way!  I'd move mountains to see footage of Lance Prentiss - I tried to find stuff for my blog but there's just nothing online except for what was shown in the 50 Years of Soaps Special [link to YouTube]. Hopefully Sony have the good sense one day to release a DVD of Y&R stuff like they did with B&B, like a collection of fan favourites or most shocking moments or whatever, and really dig deep into the archives. I'd especially like to see Lance & his whackadoodle mom - the more things change in the suds trade, the more they stay the same...

• Love 2

Whatever happened to Nick anyways?  Is he still on a yacht sailing around the world?  I loathed Crap Wagner, but I'd love to see a recast Nick come back and do battle with Ridge.  It's always boring when it's just one man taking on another man, and the Bill vs. Ridge conflict is getting stale.  They swapped bedmates and they are still not happy.

Why isn't Donna going after Eric?  He dumped her because she was getting fat.  Even at her fattest, she was far thinner than Refrigerator Stephanie.  Stephanie's gone, Donna is still around.  I'd like to see her get a storyline again.

Blackwing, IIRC, Jack Wagner left of his own volition.  He was none too happy about being asked to take a pay cut.  But in all honesty, the character had been so badly damaged there was no point in staying on.  The once dashing Captain Nick Payne (Marone) had been reduced to Super Sperm and Cap'n Save-a-Bimbo.  When Bradley hired JW, he told him that the character had been created for Brooke especially after the damage the Breacon mess caused the character.  At that time, the show's ratings were in free fall, and it was attributed to a lot of Brooke fans tuning out in disgust.  Some of those fans never returned.  JW apparently felt there was a lot more story to tell with Bricky especially since Brooke and Nick would always be connected through Jack.  Instead, they threw him at virtually every woman on canvas in the hopes that something--anything--would stick and recapture, if not eclipse, that Bricky magic.  Since Ronnnnnn Mess was whining behind the scenes, there would be no Bricky reunion.  RM was none too happy about his character being painted as a rapist and any fallout was hastily scrapped.  So in order to appease him, Nick and Bricky were trashed.  RM gave an interview in SOD at the time boasting that he would be getting a "sexier, younger blonde" to play against (Jennifer Gareis) and that Brooke would finally know what it was like to want something and not be able to get it.  Talk about being detached from reality!  That's what has played out onscreen regarding Bridge's toxic and dysfunctional relationship for years.

Nick quietly left and took Jack with him even though he and Brooke shared joint custody.  Given King Ridge's resentment and the fact that Brooke always had to obey his dictates, there was no way she was going to be able to co-parent Jack in peace with Nick.  Ridge would have made it difficult, and he played on Katie's insecurities about Brooke and Nick's bond.

I wasn't watching when Eric ended his relationship with Donna.  I think that Donna's weight gain is actually quite flattering.  It's too bad that TIIC would rather put all their energy into the kiddie pool and the "Romantic Perils of Hope Logan" as if she's historical romance heroine, Skye O'Malley.  I would imagine that Stephanie would have wanted her widower to find happiness with someone else--even with Donna if that's what he wanted.

• Love 3
I would imagine that Stephanie would have wanted her widower to find happiness with someone else--even with Donna if that's what he wanted.

IIRC Stephanie even said as much as she was handing Donna the invitation to her almost-dead party, that she didn't want Eric to be lonely when she passed and suggested Donna be there to comfort him in his grief. Again TPTB missed the boat with the portrait-falling-off-the-wall gag last time Eric kissed Donna after the Bridge failed wedding #437 - I would have liked for Stephanie to stay on the wall as a seal of approval, rather than trot out her one trick for a cheap laugh. Oh well.

• Love 1

I get the feeling Hope isn't going to refuse the diamond - TPTB live for conflict.

She was very reluctant to agree with Liam about how this would give Wyatt the wrong message, so I can see her caving.

• Love 3
(edited)
Make no mistake, I like SC, and I like the Liam character, as long as his is not in Hope's orbit. I don't know about Ivy and him yet, but I certainly felt sparks between him and Katie when he was becoming her BFF, and there was that undeniable energy between Liam and Quinn. But the writers aren't going to go there because they think they need to recreate Ridge/Brooke/Taylor with these characters; and it is my opinion that they have failed miserably.

This. Liam has chemistry with pretty much everyone on canvas but I have never felt overwhelming romantic passion between him and Hope. I understand that she's supposed to be his "one", but compared to their other pairings, they've just always seemed dull to me. Sweet but dull. I've also noticed that the writers have made it a point to show Wyatt and Hope having tons of sexual chemistry. I'm by no means a Wyatt and Hope fan, but I recall she couldn't keep her pants on around him. The main story I remember about Lope from a sexual standpoint was how underwhelmed she was when she lost her virginity to him. I mean, in the real world, sex is only part of the equation but, on this soap opera sexual chemistry is always a really big deal. I'm not accustomed to questioning whether or not its there.

I can't just pretend that I don't enjoy him so much better with other people. Katie, Bill, Quinn. Hell, I remember a hilarious scene with Pam from maybe a year ago when she was helping him track down proof that Quinn had emailed Hope the Steffi video (again, Liam, wtf?!?). He's a great actor. I'm just exhausted with the Lope merry-go-round. There is no "there" with them. They never get to their happily ever after. I often wonder if the actors (SC and KM) are themselves exhausted with the merry-go-round and as a result they end up putting more energy into their scenes with other characters. Just my speculation....

And maybe this is all just PTSD after 20 years of the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle. It's a ride we've been riding so long I just refuse to do it again. Lope feels like 20 more years of agitation waiting in the wings. Thats whats so exciting about Brill (and Brooke and Ridge having no chemistry right now)- I'm hopeful that it means we can finally get off of that exhausting ride. 

Edited by luvlee2003
  • Love 4

When they were dating exclusively, Wyatt was not putting all these restrictions on her, and had no problem with her being around Liam, because he trusted in their relationship, and more importantly, he trusted Hope to respect their relationship.

I didn't see that.  I'm sure that was part of it (and I don't think Liam has put any "restrictions" on Hope seeing Wyatt; he just told Wyatt that he was inappropriate for sneaking around the bushes to "psst" Hope away from a family gathering), but I think the bigger part of it was Wyatt (and Quinn) supremely underestimating the pull Liam and Hope have on each other and figuring that Liam wouldn't be the type of person to pull the kinds of schemes that they would to get Hope back.  I saw it less as this great trust in the relationship and more as not seeing Liam as a threat because of who Liam is, not because of who Wyatt and Hope are together.  Because as soon as Liam did make a legit move in giving that ultimatum to Hope, she caved.  Liam, on the other hand, knows his brother is a snake in the grass and a manipulator with a crazy mom.  Wyatt's been back, what, 2 days and is already sneaking around trying to give Hope a priceless diamond.  And make no mistake, he's giving it to Hope, not the line.  Otherwise, he could have just done it in one of those free for all meetings or not felt the need to hide it when Liam came up to their table.  And Hope knows that she's giving it to her and not the line, too.  That's why she initially told him that she couldn't take it.  I mean, take the diamond, don't take the diamond, whatever.  But everyone knows what that diamond really symbolizes.

• Love 3

Blackwing, IIRC, Jack Wagner left of his own volition.  He was none too happy about being asked to take a pay cut.  

He was taken off contract, which essentially means he was fired.  He can spin it as a voluntary departure, but they didn't renew his contract, they said he could take a pay cut and go on recurring, and he said no.   So I guess it's the soap opera equivalent of someone in corporate America leaving a job and saying it was a "mutual decision".  It was in a way mutual... they fired him and said he could work part time, and he said thanks but no thanks I quit.  See http://www.tvguide.com/news/bold-beautiful-bradley-bell-1044542.aspx and http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2012/02/2354-jack-wagner-out-at-bold-beautiful/

I've always hated the Nick character but I especially loathed Crap Wagner.  He's just an extremely egotistical man.  He was like 50 years old and his craggy face looked it.  Anyone remember that blond kid Harry?  He was on the show for just a flash and then promptly fired.  The rumour is that they were going to make him Nick's son, and Crap thought he was too young to have a 20 year old son and demanded the firing.  I believe he also demanded a pay raise, which supposedly meant they had to fire others.  Darla was one of the casualties, I think Harry was one, and I believe there was one more but I can't remember who.  Of course, this is all rumour, but I remember we all talked about it on the other board back when it was all happening. 

I wasn't watching when Eric ended his relationship with Donna.  I think that Donna's weight gain is actually quite flattering.  It's too bad that TIIC would rather put all their energy into the kiddie pool and the "Romantic Perils of Hope Logan" as if she's historical romance heroine, Skye O'Malley.  I would imagine that Stephanie would have wanted her widower to find happiness with someone else--even with Donna if that's what he wanted.
Jennifer Gareis was actually pregnant.  Not sure why they didn't write her pregnancy into the storyline.  Instead, they hid her behind plants and big bags, but the weight gain was noticeable in her face.  So they made up this ridiculous line about how Donna was Eric's trophy wife, and since she was getting fat, she wasn't worthy, and he dumped her.  She then disappeared.  I think they might have actually sent the character to a fat camp, or am I making that up?
  • Love 3
(edited)
And maybe this is all just PTSD after 20 years of the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle. It's a ride we've been riding so long I just refuse to do it again. Lope feels like 20 more years of agitation waiting in the wings. Thats whats so exciting about Brill (and Brooke and Ridge having no chemistry right now)- I'm hopeful that it means we can finally get off of that exhausting ride.

still carry the scars from the infernal triangle that went on way too long through one contrivance after another.  By the time the 10th year rolled around, I was actually in agreement with Ronnnnn Mess:  Ridge--just fucking pick somebody!  I always believed that Ridge could be happy with either Brooke or Taylor, as they both brought something to the table that complemented him.  The problem was the ball-less wonder, Mr. Eggo Waffles, and his mother, who wanted to be the de facto head of his household and typically was.

One of the great things that triangle actually had going for it was that RM actually had great chemistry with both of his leading ladies.  I just don't see it with this mess TIIC are trying to foist off on the audience now.  I've seen Kim Matula in other stuff and know that she is capable of playing an engaging vixen.  Yet, her leading men are only tolerable when they aren't in her orbit.  When that happens, the whole thing is an epic fail.  Unfortunately, in Bradley & Co.'s haste to paint the daughter of Brooke Logan and Deacon Sharpe as the "anti-Brooke," they ended up creating a character who is judgmental, hypocritical, and vapid.  Lame is nothing but Ridge 2.0, and his giving Hope's engagement ring to Stuffy moments after she took it off her finger should have been a sign to keep stepping and never look back.  It was merely a regurgitation of the infamous Runway Proposal where Ridge gifted the 12-carat rock he designed for Brooke to Taylor, and had her model the wedding gown he intended for Brooke, while proposing to her on the runway.  Except, there was no ambivalence about Ridge's actions, which was to punish and humiliate Brooke in the worst way possible because he believed his mother and Taylor's lies that Brooke was having an affair with Grant.  Plus, Wynutt comes with his own set of problems, including a mother who would give Mama Bates a run for her money.

I suspect that we will have years of remote shoots and wedding interruptus wasted on the Lame/Hope/Wynutt triangle.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 3
(edited)

He was taken off contract, which essentially means he was fired.  He can spin it as a voluntary departure, but they didn't renew his contract, they said he could take a pay cut and go on recurring, and he said no.   So I guess it's the soap opera equivalent of someone in corporate America leaving a job and saying it was a "mutual decision".  It was in a way mutual... they fired him and said he could work part time, and he said thanks but no thanks I quit.  See http://www.tvguide.com/news/bold-beautiful-bradley-bell-1044542.aspx and http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2012/02/2354-jack-wagner-out-at-bold-beautiful/

I've always hated the Nick character but I especially loathed Crap Wagner.  He's just an extremely egotistical man.  He was like 50 years old and his craggy face looked it.  Anyone remember that blond kid Harry?  He was on the show for just a flash and then promptly fired.  The rumour is that they were going to make him Nick's son, and Crap thought he was too young to have a 20 year old son and demanded the firing.  I believe he also demanded a pay raise, which supposedly meant they had to fire others.  Darla was one of the casualties, I think Harry was one, and I believe there was one more but I can't remember who.  Of course, this is all rumour, but I remember we all talked about it on the other board back when it was all happening. 

Jennifer Gareis was actually pregnant.  Not sure why they didn't write her pregnancy into the storyline.  Instead, they hid her behind plants and big bags, but the weight gain was noticeable in her face.  So they made up this ridiculous line about how Donna was Eric's trophy wife, and since she was getting fat, she wasn't worthy, and he dumped her.  She then disappeared.  I think they might have actually sent the character to a fat camp, or am I making that up?

Blackwing, thanks for clarifying the circumstances of JW's departure.  I remember those rumors about his salary demands that resulted in Darla being killed off.  I specifically remember reading about his objections to Harry being his son, which I found utterly ridiculous given the actor's age and the fact that we knew so little about Nick's back story.  I also thought the actor portraying Harry had a striking resemblance to JW when he was younger.  Given that Bridget was pregnant at the time I had even wondered if Harry was going to be Nick's "beard" the way Whip was Brooke's.  After all, there is a reason that Brad Bell is the EPA's "Man of the Century" for his recycling efforts.

I knew that JG was pregnant and was disappointed that it wasn't written into her storyline.  I won't even touch on the misogynistic writing that had her getting dumped because she was fat.  Even if Eric was that shallow, it amounts to fat-shaming at its worst especially since he was with Stephanie.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 4

and I believe there was one more but I can't remember who.

Maybe Shane or Hector? I am a little fuzzy too because I wasn't enjoying the show much during those days. The only thing I remember liking was Taylor's earth shattering fall from grace, and her memorable appearance at the Forrester manse when she let them all have it. Of course the best of the best was telling Stephanie that she had always wanted to bed Ridge, which resulted in the slap heard around the world.

I often wonder if the actors (SC and KM) are themselves exhausted with the merry-go-round and as a result they end up putting more energy into their scenes with other characters. Just my speculation....

And that is some very interesting and insightful speculation. I have never considered this, but now that you have voiced it, it makes perfect sense.

And maybe this is all just PTSD after 20 years of the Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle. It's a ride we've been riding so long I just refuse to do it again.

I was ok with the triangle up until Taylor's second return from the dead. This is when I think the show started losing it's way. I just didn't feel the tension, and the vibes between the principals anymore. I am somewhat ashamed to admit that a big part of that was the horror that Hunter Tylo's face had become. I wasn't able to take a thing she said seriously because I thought the words were being emitted from a Kabuki mask. And of course there was the whole faked heart attack from dear of Stephanie.

which was to punish and humiliate Brooke in the worst way possible because he believed his mother and Taylor's lies that Brooke was having an affair with Grant.

And which resulted in yet another Ridge mad dash to "save" Logan. This is the period I began to dislike the Ridge character.

• Love 4

One thing I am tired of hearing is the costant harping on the magical, mystical powers this diamond posesses.  Unless this is the gem that Abu stole from the Cave of Wonders, miss me with that.

• Love 7
(edited)
One thing I am tired of hearing is the constant harping on the magical, mystical powers this diamond posesses.

Seconding

I used to think I didn't like the character of Ridge because I really didn't like Ronn Moss. Now I realize I just don't like the character no matter who plays the part.

Sometimes it is the simplest statements that say the most.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 3
(edited)
That is a hard sell in any relationship, but when it comes to Hope and Liam? I am just not going to be able to get with that. Liam had so many opportunities to tell Steffy to take a hike, and leave him and Hope alone, but he was never quite able to pull that off. Even up until their most recent failed attempt at marriage, Liam was conversing with, and fulfilling Steffy's requests. Now though, when the shoe is on the other foot, and Hope has another guy interested in her, there is a different set of rules? I hate double standards, but I particularly hate sexist double standards. I

This. I can't just roll with "well, Liam did it in the past, and Hope is doing it now," as logic to not call Liam out on his hypocrisy.  Not to mention, the main reason Liam isn't still pulling this shit is because he's an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of guy, and Steffy isn't even on the same continent.  If she was in town, I'd bet anything he'd still be having flirty lunches with her, allowing her to think they still had a chance together, and smiling fondly whenever she oversteps.  And he certainly didn't care whether it was "appropriate" or what kind of message it was sending to Steffy when he happily filled her request to make her a romantic video just like the one he made Hope.  But, now that his "other option" is across an ocean and Hope has another interested player in town, he's all about what's appropriate and sends the proper message.  I guess, if you're going to be a waffler who leads people on, it's better to be the first waffler who leads people on in your relationship, so that when your significant other starts doing it later, you can be all "hey, that was then, this is now, my hands are clean right this minute"? 

And I've just figured out the solution to this whole diamond mess.  Hope can keep the diamond and just say it's her special diamond with Liam now.  I mean, if Liam can give the engagement ring to Steffy when it's still warm from Hope's finger... 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 5

I really, really hope that Hope tells Liam to fuck right off tomorrow. Bonus points if she snarkily tells him, "well, I'll think about it.  Give me a week or so, both of you can wait it out, and I'll summon you to a meeting where I announce my decision like I'm announcing the Power Ball numbers to the only two ticket holders."  

• Love 4

I have a hard time believing that this effing magic diamond is the key to boosting HFTF sales.  Jessica Simpson has a billion dollar industry built on only her name and product.  Hope needs to start doing tie ins with Fashion Star or do a reality show or something.  No one would actually give a crap about that ugly, tacky diamond that everyone is running their greasy paws all over, putting in their pockets/messenger bags, and swinging around on that super thin chain.  I hope someone drops it at the perfect angle and breaks it.

• Love 3

I have a hard time believing that this effing magic diamond is the key to boosting HFTF sales.  Jessica Simpson has a million dollar industry built on only her name and product.  Hope needs to start doing tie ins with Fashion Star or do a reality show or something.  No one would actually give a crap about that ugly, tacky diamond that everyone is running their greasy paws all over, putting in their pockets/messenger bags, and swinging around on that super thin chain.  I hope someone drops it at the perfect angle and breaks it.

Fixed it for you...

• Love 1

Ha.  No, I meant to put the b in there.  $750 million dollars is close enough to a billion for me.  She's not a billionaire, but her company brings in close to that.

• Love 1
(edited)

From the beginning I believed Wyatt, just like his parents, was a self-centered egotistical snake in the grass and I just can't bring myself to root for him.  That being said, I also feel Hope is an immature, entitled self-centered witch that can't make up her mind about anything.  I was predisposed to like Liam because I like the actor and like characters he has played on other soaps.  However, on B&B, he appears to be a naïve milquetoast. 

IMHO, Wyatt is a bad guy along the lines of his old man and will do anything to win.  He is too manipulative for me to want him to be with Hope or other "good girl," and think he should be paired with someone like himself to stir up trouble without going over the top with crazy. 

I don't see anything of the "heroine" in Hope or in Brooke (although I give Brooke the benefit of the doubt since I've only been watching the show for a short time).  Hope's fickle and dumb as a box of rocks.  They need to smarten her up if she's going to be the new "Brooke."  If she had the brains God gave a pea, she would kick both Wyatt and Liam to the curb.  To be the "lead" she needs to not only be a smart business woman but not be so gullible and easily manipulated by men.  Let her stay alone for a while and find happiness being in charge of her own life instead of going from man to man.  Then they could introduce someone who has chemistry with her to help her realize her potential and truly be a partner instead of a follower.

Liam needs to grow a pair and stand pat on his ultimatum and move on from Hope if she doesn't return the diamond.  Heck, if it's for the company, Wyatt could have just presented it to HFTF instead of Hope individually.  At least Liam could see what Wyatt was really doing and since he himself isn't a candidate for Mensa, that makes Hope look like an even bigger moron, greedy or both.  Give Liam a few more brains and pair him with someone who appreciates him.

While I'm wishing for things.  How about a couple like Cass and Felicia (and Wallingford) on Another World.  Men and Women can be friends without sexual undertones.  They should stay that way no matter who each is dating or married to.  Got a problem, call your best friend.  Need to investigate someone or catch them up to no good, get your best friend to help.  GFs, BFs and spouses should be included.

Edited by apbr
  • Love 5

Why doesn't Liam just, I don't know, trust Hope?  If their connection and love is as strong as he believes it is, then he has nothing to worry about.  I can't believe the Waffler has the nerve to make all sorts of demands.  Liam is coming across as a hypocrite, controlling, and a whiner.

I root for anything that leads to Liam and Hope breaking up.  They're at their most obnoxious levels when they're coupled.  (In full disclosure, I haven't liked Liam since he got with Steffy 30 seconds after Hope took off the engagement ring.)

• Love 6

Why doesn't Liam just, I don't know, trust Hope?  If their connection and love is as strong as he believes it is, then he has nothing to worry about.  I can't believe the Waffler has the nerve to make all sorts of demands.  Liam is coming across as a hypocrite, controlling, and a whiner.

I root for anything that leads to Liam and Hope breaking up.  They're at their most obnoxious levels when they're coupled.  (In full disclosure, I haven't liked Liam since he got with Steffy 30 seconds after Hope took off the engagement ring.)

Here, here!  As my daddy told me years ago when I was dating a jealous, possessive and controlling jerk:  "Baby, anytime somebody has to keep questioning you about who you're talking to or who you're seeing, you need to check him out because 9 times out of 10, it's something he's doing himself!"  My daddy was the smartest man I've known and he was 100% correct about that creep.  

I was done with Lame when he started whining because he basically had blue balls and Hope wouldn't put out.  Not only did he get with Stuffy barely seconds after Hope took off her engagement ring, he gave the same ring to Stuffy, who happily lapped up the leftovers.  Who does that?  This also caused me to give Stuffy the side eye especially since she had been around her parents and Brooke long enough to know better than to hook up with a weak waffler whose loyalties are always divided.

How Hope sees some kind of grand romance out of this dysfunction is beyond comprehension.

• Love 2

I have no doubt whatsoever that Hope is fully aware of Wyatt's motivations. What I think is that on some level, whether consciously or subconsciously, Hope wants Liam to know, to understand, to feel the pain of betrayal. To experience the sting of feelings that don't matter. To wrestle with the helplessness of watching someone you love fall under the spell of another's manipulations. Hope could write novels about those things. I am not a believer in two wrongs making a right, but I am a  believer in just desserts. How many times did Hope beg Liam to see Steffy for what she was? How many times did she ask him to steer clear of her all together? And Liam would respond with his condoning smile and head twitch, and be all like "shucks Hope, Steffy is harmless. We are just friends". No matter how strong the argument Hope presented; it always ended the same; Hope is wrong and is being unreasonable. Well, maybe Hope has decided to draw a line in the sand and stand firm on what she wants this time. I like that. That is how Red Suit Brooke got started; when enough was enough already. It is also a show of strength and growth, something the Hope character desperately needs if she is to be the face of the show.

I am really concerned now. It looks like Deacon and Bill will be going at it over Brooke; I am ok with that. My fear is that it is going to be the new excuse to crucify Brooke as the bad Logan with all the degenerates sniffing at her heels. While across town, the local hero and his fiance/wife, are living a life of unquestionable dignity. Of course that is the same scenario we had with Taylor for decades, but Taylor wasn't Katie. As much as I loved Brooke, I was still able to sympathize with Taylor. That will never happen with Katie, because as soon as she opens her mouth and starts spewing her venom any softness I feel for her flies right out the window. Taylor also genuinely loved Ridge, something I will never believe applies to Katie, who saw her shot at the big prize and siezed it. And no doubt Ridge was on board; Logan had to pay for not waiting for his return. How dare Brooke give up on their destiny, and deny him his stewardship of her life. Then again, Ridge is going to exercise that right whether Brooke wants his interference or not.

• Love 4

I'd be curious to know if there are any fans of B&B who still think of John McCook as Lance Prentiss from 100 years ago on Y&R (said fans are probably themselves 100 years old by now).

Another centenarian here, I remember when Victor Newman was the new guy, and still call Peter Bregman "New Jack".

Liam is coming across as a hypocrite

The biggest problem with this show is this is true about almost everyone, as I've said before they should call this show The Pots and the Kettles.

• Love 5