Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Liam simply spins on a dime; now he is back in love with Hope? Or could it be that he needs to keep both sides buttered since Steffy shut him down? 

I am disheartened that it seems Hope is backtracking. I don't want to see her with Thomas; in reality I see Thomas as a springboard to better things, but I really don't want to see her reconcile with Liam. 

My prediction:

I think Steffy's terrified persona is due to her realizing on some level that she has feelings for Liam and wants to rekindle their life together. Hope and Liam will reunite, which will send a confused and distressed Steffy running back to Finn. At some point, Hope will find out how Liam had been telling everyone, including Steffy, about his great love for her, and how much he wanted her back because he should have never left her. Hope will see that as him clearly saying he chose liver over fillet mignon. Additionally, she and Finn will find out about the kiss in Paris and in LA, this will coincide with Liam finding out Hope shagged Thomas before they even signed the divorce papers. It will all explode like Mt. St. Helens, and will leave all four of them broken and angry and hurt. Hope will realize her mistake too late but tells Liam to go to his true love. Finn is devasted that Steffy kept stuff from him again and moves out of Cliff House, opening the door for Liam to move back in. This is when Sheila's dark genes will manifest in Finn, and he will start a campaign to ruin, hurt, or kill Liam. Sheila will see her son following her path in life and will be the one to stop him from doing anything horrible, effectively redeeming her, or partially redeeming her, and leading her to genuinely want to "get better." 

A stretch I know, but if they are going to keep her as a permanent cast member, they have to do something different with the character. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 5

I can't believe I am actually saying this, but yesterday, I actually agreed with Liam. I still think he's a colossal a-hole, but I would also like answers from Hope as to why she became so fixated on Thomas. But I don't want her to go back to Liam, nor do I want her to get into a relationship with Thomas.

BTW, where has Thomas been lately?

Brooke should listen to herself. Her constant "f-i-g-h-t for your marriage," sounds like a broken record. And anyway, look how well that has worked out for Brooke most of her life. I have zero confidence that this next Bridge-go-round will last either.

JMW's natural hair looked soooo much better than those horrible wigs. And along with the toned-down makeup, she actually looked younger and fresher than with the heavy makeup and weird wigs. She looks like a real person, not a Barbarella wannabe.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Brooke should listen to herself. Her constant "f-i-g-h-t for your marriage,"

Not only that, but the constant mantra from EVERY.DAMN.BODY telling Hope and ugh, Liam that they should stay together FORTHEFAMILEEEEE” You’d think they were some mob/mafia family.

Deacon in a tiara was THE BEST!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 10

I thought all the women at the mermaid party intentionally had bad hair to show that they all had been in the pool, except Hope. They all looked bad, but overdressed Hope was the worst. Hope's hair was hideous. I hope she does something, (anything!), with it when the party's over. Those party scenes made me miss Stuffy's abominable wigs.

• LOL 4
On 8/19/2023 at 12:23 PM, backhometome said:

Does anyone know why JMW wear wigs? is it a personal preference. Her natural hair is cute. 

It's not uncommon for actors to wear wigs because the set lights can get so hot that it can do damage to real hair over time, but ye gods....the wigs they put on JMW range from okay to absolutely terrible. Like, I've seen home stylists on YouTube and TikTok do better.

On 8/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not only that, but the constant mantra from EVERY.DAMN.BODY telling Hope and ugh, Liam that they should stay together FORTHEFAMILEEEEE” You’d think they were some mob/mafia family.

Which is so ridiculous given everyone gets married and annulled at the drop of a hat on this show. I certainly don't remember Brooke fighting too hard to get married to Nick when she thought RJ was his kid, nor was she trying to keep her relationship with Deacon going for Hope's sake once Ridge became available. This last week has reminded me exactly why Brooke gets the hate that she does because her swings into hypocrisy are truly frustrating.

• Like 13
On 8/18/2023 at 7:34 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Another day of Liam but at least this one made some sense. Do I still want a break from him? Yes. However, for once he sounded like a reasonable man with valid points. Todays flashbacks for once were valid and a good reminder of evil Thomas. Do I want Hope to reconcile with Liam? Not really. But she sho shouldn’t go running to Thomas.

My deal w this is: why does it only working on Hope NOW? Liam has been banging this drum pretty consistently for the last four years about Thomas...hell, he didn't even want Hope to adopt Douglas  because of this and he was JUST using that boy for his own schemes last year.

At this point, I couldn't care less how or why Thope ends but this show has had pacing problems with this pairing from the jump and once again, the math ain't mathing. 

Of course, this break up may possibly be serving the set up for a WTD story (God help us), but as of now, it all just feels like a huge waste of time: Hope looks stupid AF, Liam looks even more stupid and ridiculous than he usually does, and neither the actual Thope fans or the anti-Thopers are particularly happy as their time was wasted.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
On 8/18/2023 at 7:34 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Another day of Liam but at least this one made some sense. Do I still want a break from him? Yes. However, for once he sounded like a reasonable man with valid points. Todays flashbacks for once were valid and a good reminder of evil Thomas. Do I want Hope to reconcile with Liam? Not really. But she sho shouldn’t go running to Thomas.

My deal w this is: why does it only working on Hope NOW? Liam has been banging this drum pretty consistently for the last four years about Thomas...hell, he didn't even want Hope to adopt Douglas  because of this and he was JUST using that boy for his own schemes last year.

At this point, I couldn't care less how or why Thope ends but this show has had pacing problems with this pairing from the jump and once again, the math ain't mathing. 

Of course, this break up may possibly be serving the set up for a WTD story (God help us), but as of now, it all just feels like a huge waste of time: Hope looks stupid AF, Liam looks even more stupid and ridiculous than he usually does, and neither the actual Thope fans or the anti-Thopers are particularly happy as their time was wasted.

• Like 5

At what point does Hope get to tell Liam and Brooke and RJ and anyone else ..."Hey, I'm getting my rocks off with Thomas, it's sexy and fun to bang a guy I know only has eyes for me" Everyone's acting like Thoope is planning a living room wedding (then annulment a month later followed by six months of vocal angst. Then another wedding after a three hour engagement)  I'm pretty sure even in Thomas' warped mind he knows Hope is working some stuff out using him as the Springboard. And only if they move to Mongolia will anyone EVER leave them alone about their "relationship".

Liam can take a long walk off a short pier or get dumped out of a helicopter any time now.i wonder if he'd be giving Steff the full court press if he didn't have information about Finn softening on Sheila. Would she still be the one great love of his life and be sworn to protect her and her offspring...if she was still happily living with Finn? 

Liam can fuck right off

Edited by smartyshorts
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

Is Liam giving this speech to anyone who has anything to do with Flo or Zoe? Attacking her that she's lost her mind.  Yet he takes no accountability for his choices and behavior.  

She's lost herself for wanting someone who doesn't love someone else. 

Ridge needs to be done with someone who hates and blames his son so much.  

• Like 8

I guess Liam has forgotten, or has chosen not to remember, all of Steffy's machinations. No, she didn't intentionally keep your child from you, but she sure as hell pitched a fit when you and Hope dared to claim her. Also, there is gondolas, and still warm wedding rings, and collaborating with your dad to break you and Hope up. So, Steffy isn't squeaky clean, and most of her attacks have been against your wife, but you expect your wife to be just fucking ok with you keeping Steffy in your life and in the middle of your marriage. 

It took all of a week for Bridge to begin imploding. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Artsda said:

Ridge needs to be done with someone who hates and blames his son so much.  

I could say the same for Brooke, seeing that Ridge has no love for Rick when he's onscreen.

I'm just overall tired of their brats being the thing they fight about now that Stephanie's no longer around to meddle in their lives. Brooke and Ridge have earned the right to side eye the Taytots and Rick respectively but if they can't move past that, then they need to go separate ways.

That said, Hope is grown AF and if you don't go through adolescence as a teenager, you will as an adult. She spent her teens and 20s always trying to live down Brooke's legacy by trying to get married as soon as possible that she never got to just have fun in her relationships, save for the first few weeks she was married to Wyatt. No wonder she's snapped. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

This whole contemplation of Hope and Liam possibly reuniting is a waste of time for viewers because Liam doesn’t know that Hope and Thomas did the deed. I can see them deciding to work it out and then Liam overhearing Ridge telling Thomas not to sleep with Hope again and then it’s round 2 of Liams shocked and sad lamenting faces while he hightails it to Steffy.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Brooke you hit the nail on the head. Hope is justifying her actions by criticizing Liam. It’s not that he doesn’t deserve them but it did make it easier to play hide the salami with Lurch. It seems like it was more than just that one time. Hope keeps mentioning that she is in love with Liam but has Hope say anything about being in love with Lurch. Only that Lurch loves Hope and nobody else.  To this I say Lurch loves himself more than anyone else. 

What’s wrong with this picture. Lurch wasn’t sure that he would see Hope because they didn’t communicate but then why did he set out a bottle of wine with two wine glasses and have candles lit?  Didn’t Lurch promise that all he wanted was Hope to be happy and he was not going to be the one to hurt Hope, but that was Lurch being disingenuous at best. 

Yes Lurch, there is only one thing you can do. Get the fuck out of Hope’s life even if it means the undeserving Liam wins.  The term is usually being stuck between a rock and a hard place, but Hope is stuck between a psychopath and a schmuck. 

• Like 6

I'm almost as sick of Pop Up RJ as I am sick of Brooke constantly meddling and interjecting their unwanted opinions into everyone's relationships. 

Can we get a murder mystery? At least Hope took off that distracting  conch shell necklace.

Edited by smartyshorts
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

To this I say Lurch loves himself more than anyone else. 

I agree with this. I don't know that he actually loves Hope. He's obsessed with her because he wanted her and couldn't have her. If I go back and analyze things, he was never that into Hope before he came back to town after Caroline's death. He dated Hope to help his sister, basically, and he liked her well enough, but he was later far more into Caroline and Sally than he had been into Hope. (And even Caroline was largely a situation where he wanted her because he had to compete with first Rick and then Ridge for her, and he is someone who wants what he can't have. I think Sally has been his only genuine love connection.) 

Then, he came back home with Douglas, and he saw Hope and Douglas bond right off the bat, and he decided that she was going to be the perfect replacement for Caroline for the two of them. So, he kind of imprinted on her the same way Steffy imprinted on Liam when he saved her after Bill rejected her. And, I think he's become obsessed and thinks he's owed Hope, because of everything he's done to get her, up to and including abusing his own child and killing a woman. 

Now, I'm a bit behind, because I got home from a week's vacation earlier today, so I haven't seen anything since last Monday's show, but from what I've seen on line, it seems like they're actually going to have Hope dump Thomas and try to fix things with Liam. Like others here, I predict will just implode once she finds out about all of his bullshit with Steffy and he finds out she's banged Thomas multiple times (although he really should have figured that some banging was going on once she whipped those divorce papers out and was free to do so, so it shouldn't be a huge shock to Liam). 

While I think that implosion will happen, I do also think that her and Liam talking about all Thomas did re: Beth on Beth's birthday will still stir up some "what the fuck was I doing?" kind of issue in Hope that won't see her running right back to Thomas. Thomas is just going to end up being the vehicle that helped get her out of being stuck in the same lifetime of shit her mother's been in. I also think her eventually finding out about Deacon and Sheila will be another wake up call that she doesn't want to repeat her father's mistakes, either. (I know Thomas isn't, to Hope's knowledge, as bad as Sheila, but it will still be the whole "but this person has caused so much pain, how could you be with them?" kind of realization.) At that point, it will be interesting to see what Thomas does. I could kind of see him resenting the fuck out of Hope, because, from his viewpoint, he's done so much to get her, to show her how he is devoted to only her, and then she's finally free of Liam, and she still rejects him? It could turn into a whole new rivalry in business and on a personal level, since they share a fashion line and a child. 

I swear, though, if all they're doing is just reuniting Lope, what was the fucking point of anything that has happened in the past few months? They would have to do a metric shit ton of repair to that pairing to get anyone to be remotely invested in them again. And the last thing we need is a WTD storyline here. A Thope baby would have very poor future prospects on a show where being single means being off camera, since that kid would be genetically related to every single other member of its generation and genetically related to every adult on canvas (so no hope of any of them producing a future romantic prospect) except for Carter, Sheila, Finn, and Li. (I guess you could add Paris and Zende to that list, except they only marginally, at best, exist here). 

Having said all of that, if they did want to redeem Lope as a couple (again, I'm not sure what the point of all of this would have been, then, other than dirtying Hope up), then the WTD might, ironically, be the way to go. Liam coming to the realization that all of the pain he's feeling as he worries his wife could be having a baby with another man is exactly the kind of pain he's inflicted on Hope over the years, and him honestly feeling and expressing remorse, maybe even getting some therapy and telling Hope, before the paternity is revealed, that he doesn't give a single fuck who the father is, he loves her and wants to raise their family together, full stop, might be the way to do it. Sticking a knife in the waffle thing and having him own up to and work his ass off to correct all of his waffling bullshit is pretty much the only way to rebuild that relationship. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Hope says she doesn't divided love with Steffy and Brooke tells her she's making excuses. I hate to see you suffer but I'm relieved. 

So real Hope is coming back? I hate real Hope. Stepford waffling loving Liam Hope who just following Brooke and Liam. 

Hope is being gaslit by her mother, Liam and throw in creepy RJ. 

Steffy asking Liam is he going to forgive and keep his family in tact and of course he looks lost and confused. 

Congratulations Brooke it may not be over for her and Liam. Let's forget he was declaring love to Steffy and saying he shouldn't have let her go. 

I felt bad for Thomas after he kissed Hope and knew something shifted. The when he call out Liam getting in her head she said everything he said was true.  So his declaration of love to Steffy was too. 

I'd like to see Thomas just get with someone else and try to move on. 

• Like 11
On 8/19/2023 at 11:49 AM, CharlizeCat said:

JMW's natural hair looked soooo much better than those horrible wigs. And along with the toned-down makeup, she actually looked younger and fresher than with the heavy makeup and weird wigs. She looks like a real person, not a Barbarella wannabe.

This is when I think the stylists read here or on other forums.  I didn't even think that was her real hair but I guess it is.  Classic style in proportion to her face and body. Just keep her sitting down if they don't want people to see her but for heaven's sake don't make the big hair match the belly.  The stylists did that to Debra Messing on Will and Grace. They made her natural hair gigantic and her clothes sparkly and layered.  She looked ridiculous.  How could they not know JMW looked bizarre?

45 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I'd like to see Thomas just get with someone else and try to move on. 

I figured creepy Thomas would forever be the creepy guy without a girl. Major characters always have lovers. So now that he's got the girl so to speak, will he be the nice guy but always in a fight with Liam?  She's mine! Nnah nnah.

Knowing many blended families, there would be a lot more divorces if they expressed their dislike for their spouses children the way Brooke and Ridge do. Your daughter! My son!  They really write Ridge as a judgmental prick who is never wrong about anything ever.  How attractive!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Under no circumstances should Brooke push Hope towards Liam even if she doesn’t want her with Thomas. Liam and Hope just don’t work, Hope cheated on him when she had him 100%. There is a reason she turned to Thomas. Personally I think she was bored. Steffy was happily married and Thomas wasn’t coming on to her so she needed the drama. She’s going to get egg on her face, Liam wants to get her away from Thomas but it doesn’t look like he wants to reconcile.  Also while not seen it looks like Hope and Thomas have been continuing their bedroom romps.  I think  there will be a WTD. 

Poor Steffy - she has her own ish going on and this schmuck is constantly in her ear. After hearing him talk about Hope I hope she realizes the bullet she missed taking herself out of that toxic trio. 

Brooke is a hypocrite if the highest degree - she never gave a damn about the “children” when she was breaking up  relationships.

All that being said, they couldn’t brush over the Beth situation with Thomas. I do wish they would stop making it seem like he was the mastermind.  He wasn’t even in town when it all went down and was the last to find out.  He’s getting more than his due of blame and it’s irritating.  I believe he has changed and it’s nice to see MA and his dimples again 😂 although Thomas won’t be smiling much I think.

To end, RJ is useless and I’m tired of him already and this version of Bridge have NO chemistry- zero zilch nada - they are  a cure for insomnia honestly!!

• Like 7

Thomas wasn't the instigator, but in terms of how awful what he did is, I rank him right up there with Reese. First, the two mothers hurt in this were people who he claims to love - his sister and Hope. Second, Thomas was manipulating people into keeping it quiet just as much as Reese was. Maybe even more. Thomas killed a woman who was going to tell Hope the truth. He abused his son and manipulated him to manipulate Hope into marrying him and staying with him. He slipped Liam a date rape drug. He was going to use the same drug to rape Hope. Once the truth did start coming out, he didn't let it go. He tried to kidnap Hope and assaulted Liam. He didn't mastermind the baby plot, but once he discovered it, he took it over as his own and made it worse. 

And, last year, he showed he hasn't learned a single thing, because when he found out that Sheila slipped Brooke alcohol, he didn't come forward. He kept that secret, because it lined up with what he wanted, and then he went a step farther and faked a CPS call to frame Brooke, which led to him, once again, manipulating the son he claims to love more than anything, so he could get what he wanted. 

I would be legitimately stunned if Hope ends things, and he just walks away as this "new and all better" Thomas, wishing her well. Someone, somehow, will suffer because he didn't get what he wants. And his family will blame Hope instead of acknowledging that he needs more serious, more long term help. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 12
  • Love 1

Wow!  Did you know that Lurch is a changed man?  If you say it over and over again, a lie doesn’t become the truth. 

What a fucking manipulator.  I love you but I’m willing to let you go, is Hope’s ultimate guilt trip. 

Big question:  Does Lurch walking away from Hope also mean he’s walking away from HFTF?  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I think Thomas knew they were going to end up here so he was prepared.  On the upside he finally got some regular nookie 😂 I’m glad they’re allowing him to evolve. Now if Steffy will kick Liam to the curb permanently- I will be happy. 

Let’s be real here, Hope got manipulated back into a reunion. I can’t even blame her since she’s doing it for Beth who’s birthday conveniently moved  

Steffy should start charging a counseling fee 😂 

Thope isn’t done by a long shot. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Liam torpedo Hope but still wants Steffy back. This is the man Brooke and her sidekick son want to push someone they claim to love to be with. 

Thomas aside nobody related to Hope should want her with Liam.

• Like 10

I suppose we will have three full weeks of everyone discussing Hope and Liam's marriage. 

I am disappointed in Hope. She can break it off with Thomas, but that doesn't mean she has to reconcile with Liam. She is obviously conflicted about her life, so instead of making another decision while in this state, she should tell everyone to fuck the hell off and then take a much needed time out. Let the kids stay with their dads for a few weeks and take a vacation to some sunny beach and think about stuff without everyone pressuring you and telling you what you should do. 

And while Hope is away pondering her next steps, can we get some new SL's? Let's see, we have Wyatt who hasn't had a SL outside of counseling Liam in over a year. Then we have RJ, who was apparently brought back to also be a counselor and family advisor. Isn't he supposed to be an influencer? Why can't he get something started with Spencer? And we still have Li, who has no SL, but would be all kinds of awesome with Bill, who is also languishing. How about you have Taylor rekindle her friendship with Deacon? I don't like Taylor, but I dislike Sheila even more and maybe starting a relationship with someone who is not a psycho will help Deacon step away and forget all about that nonsense. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/15/2023 at 3:09 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Scott Clifton has had exactly one story plot since July of 2011, he absolutely should be done. I know stable acting work is hard to come by, especially in the streaming age where you may be working for peanuts, but if SC goes full diva mode over this horrendously boring writing, who could blame him?

He learned his lesson after leaving GH and getting fired from OLTL. He's gonna ride the Titanic of Liam until B&B is done with him. Where else can he go? GH has too many people and DOOL is on its last legs with no real love interest for him there. Y&R is a thought but Adam and Chance fill that age group of men so...Waffle Liam it is. At least he's getting a regular paycheck.

On 8/15/2023 at 8:12 PM, Waldo13 said:

Finn, yes Liam is an ass hole, but stop blaming him for you not being sincere enough for Stuffy to believe that you can’t stay away from Shiela.  Finn, Liam is not the one who is interfering with your marriage unless Stuffy wants to go back to Liam. It’s actually Shiela who is breaking up your marriage. 

Pretty much covers it for me!

Beth's party was cute but didn't like that they made her 'return date' as her new birthday. We know she was born after Christmas/around New Year's. It was a big deal. And to age her up?!  This show.

Ain't mad at Liam reminding Hope why he hates Thomas. Has every right to. And she is better than Thomas but if she wants him then let her have him and either be happy or hoe the tough road ahead.

So now we're back to 'we need to be together for the children' when Douglas is Team Thope and Beth seems to be okay without Liam in her daily life at the moment.  They're contriving a situation for Lope to reunite when neither wants it and Thomas is making a 'sacrifice' so he can be the suffering hero in this when he's anything but. Given the Thope sex olypmics we all know this woman is pregnant with Thomas's child. There is literally no reason why they shouldn't be together at this point but they want to manufacture drama so that Thomas can be the one wronged by Liam in Liam keeping his child from him. Watch. Thope and their baby are the story and end game.  What' apparent on this show is that your past mistakes don't count if you're treating me right today; today Thomas is the golden boy and Liam is slinking towards being the full on bad guy complete with baby napping which will make Liam the worst thing EVER and 'vindicate' Thomas when he's been as big or worse jackass. 

Bring me back Rick, Maya, Amber, Lil Deacon, a resurrected Aly, Sasha, and Nicole so we can have an alt scene/storyline than this current mess.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I got caught up on the past week over the past two nights. So, did they switch writers last week between Wednesday and Thursday?  

I appreciate that Steffy seems pretty intent on boxing Liam into the friend zone. I like that she was making clear during their conversation this week that she does not want him single and available to her. Talking about her marriage to Finn, redirecting his "we" about the two of them and Kelly to the greater blanket blended family they're all a part of, and repeatedly telling him she does not want his marriage with Hope to be in the same turmoil her own marriage is currently in.  It's like she wanted to subtly reinforce the boundary she created when she told him he needed to leave the previous night. After everything she and Finn have been through over the past year or so, she would look pretty terrible, in my opinion, if she was even thinking of looking at Liam as a romantic prospect. 

Ridge was really being kind of an asshole to Taylor during the Ridge/Taylor/Steffy scenes last week. And he was also a dismissive asshole to Eric when Eric was trying to have a serious conversation about his company with him. 

I feel for the actor who plays RJ. Here this guy landed the role of the only child of the show's "Destiny" couple, and all he does is run around town repeating the exact same lines over and over again about his sister's marriage, with occasional detours to talk about his other sister's marriage. Although if the current state of B&B is any indication, then wandering around town having the exact same conversation over and over again makes you the romantic lead of the show. 

I hate 99 percent of what Liam has become, but he was not wrong talking to Hope last week. Regardless of whether their marriage was working or not, after everything Thomas did, he is the last person she should ever have any kind of intimate relationship with. He didn't just hurt her. He actively worked to keep her from her daughter for a long time. Like Liam said, if Thomas had had his way, they wouldn't have even been having a birthday party for Beth, because she would still be "Phoebe," and Liam and Hope would still believe Beth was dead. And he has, more than once, abused her son. This isn't just about her being able to look past him hurting her. This is about her kids. That would make all the difference to me, if I was in her shoes. And while I could do without having to hear Liam or Brooke talking about Thomas so often, I'm never going to hold it against them if they want to hate him and not trust him forever. He's given them more than ample reason. 

Instead of worrying about keeping sleeping with Thomas a secret, Hope should lay it all on the line. If she really wants to know if their marriage can work, and they can work through tough times together, she needs to spill those beans. "OK, if we're going to try to fix this marriage, then I need to be completely honest with you. When I thought things were over, I slept with Thomas. It didn't happen until after you told me you wanted a divorce, but it happened. If you can't get past that, then we need to go ahead and file those papers. If you need some time to deal with it, some marital counseling to work through it, we can do that. But, I won't recommit to our marriage if that is going to be a wedge between us that you can't get past." 

When Thomas was alone after Hope left, it kind of looked like his facial expression was leaning into plotting territory. But, it may just be that he has resting evil face, and not a specific direction for the scene. 

On a similar note, I wonder if it was direction or a choice by SC that, when Hope started walking towards him to tell him she wanted to work on their marriage, he took steps towards her, as well. 

Finally, for fuck's sake, give Wyatt some damn story. Not Flo. Let's just keep pretending she doesn't exist. Also on my FFS list, give Bill a real story (not an obsession with some building), and free Deacon. All I could think during Deacon's adorable scene with Beth was "and you want to give this up for that psycho, Deacon? The family you wanted, gone, so you can keep boning the crazy?" 

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 observations today:

1. If Eric is looking for his desk stapler, perhaps he should check Steffy’s place-of-business, Eric’s chaise. Girlfriend hasn’t moved off of it in weeks, she just parades her guests right to her, they plop down on the opposite end, declare their undying love for her, & leave. Surely she’s leaving on maternity leave soon.

2. The actress playing Hope, AN, I think, is a very pretty cryer. When I cry, it’s all red eyes, crimson nose, pink lips, & smeared makeup. Hope just stands there, looking perfect. I’m kinda jealous. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

I was very careful not to get swept up in the Lope history and the TPTB tugging on my heartstrings with the flashbacks to Liam holding Beth for the first time as father and daughter and Hope doing the same.

This asshole doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. He got Hope asking him for another chance, seizing on her being emotional and vulnerable during and after Beth's birthday party (don't get me started on the fact that she was born in January of 2019, not even close to August, and should be all of 4 years old). It also didn't help that Brooke was in her ear, aiding and abetting the weasly waffle that is her former son-in-law.

For him to pulls this shit with Hope, after everything he has done, after the fact that he has done far worse as they were very married when he fucked Steffy on Mannequin night and he told Hope it was over BEFORE she fucked Thomas, someone, anyone needs to put him in a dumpster.

Her pouring her heart out to him and admittng she messed up and knows she cannot take it back. Meanwhile, he still hasn't come clean about him kissing Steffy - twice - once within five minutes of seeing her and Thomas kiss. 

Him snotting, “No, I suppose you can’t. I love you and I loved our life together, but I’m supposed to be honest with myself right now, right? I’m not going to be able to do it. I’m not going to be able to forget and I’m not going to be able to forgive… not you and Thomas."

He was willing to forgive Steffy for fucking his father and raising the specter of Kelly being Bill's (show owes us this happening) and yet he can't forgive Hope for a kiss??? He also seemed to forgive Flo, who also helped keep him and Hope from their daughter, took money for doing so, and lied about it for the better part of a year. This is not to say he should forgive Thomas but WTAF to his hypocrisy.

I sincerely hope Finn reconciles and Hope's eyes are opened - wide - that she was right to put some of the blame for her involvement with Thomas as Liam's feet. I hope she takes her time before getting involved with another man (I'm still hoping for a Hott reunion) and let Liam be alone, which is what this manipulative, gaslighting motherfucker deserves. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

(I'm still hoping for a Hott reunion)

This is what I'm holding out for. She should have stuck with Wyatt years ago. DB and KM had great chemistry, and he was the man who was only into her without being an obsessive stalker. I'd love to see AN's Hope with him, to see if they have the same chemistry. And I'd rather see Wyatt in a leading romantic storyline than either Liam or Thomas. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2

Lurch is a schmuck but he inherited this from his father. Ridge is trying to put Eric out to pasture but doesn’t consider that designing keeps Eric young and enthusiastic. 

Speaking of schmucks, Liam is the ultimate schmuck. Does he realize that if he’s out of the picture, Hope will definitely turn to Lurch. Liam is perfectly fine that he won’t be living with either Kelly or Beth and Lurch will be a constant in Beth’s life.  

Hope you should have kicked Liam in the balls on his way out. That’s assuming he has balls.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1

The more I think about it, the more I think Liam pulled this nostalgia shit to twist the knife even further. File those papers, Hope, so this ass knows he is DONE punishing you. She owes him nothing at this point. Less than that as he’s done nothing but lie and cheat their entire relationship. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Liam pulled this nostalgia shit to twist the knife even further. File those papers, Hope, so this ass knows he is DONE punishing you. She owes him nothing at this point. Less than that as he’s done nothing but lie and cheat their entire relationship. 

I agree, he just wanted to hurt her more by twisting the knife.  He was so giddy telling Steffy that he may have gotten through to Hope.  I think he's angry and is punishing her for kissing Thomas.  He implied that they had a chance, let her relive one of the most horrible moments of her life and then pulled the rug out. That's some psychological violence right there.

re: Thomas, I think tptb realized that they took the Thomas  character too far with his past evil deeds and now they redeeming him in a clunky way.   Thomas needs some of his edge back.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Liam is such a tool bag. Even if we're to buy that he didn't honestly think that his talk with Hope would give the impression that he was open to moving forward, after his talk with Steffy, he had to know that the idea was likely in Hope's head. 

I really hope JMW's maternity leave exit is her and Finn taking the kids somewhere to get away from it all. 

Are we going to get a good old fashioned corporate fight storyline? Maybe Ridge/RJ vs. Eric/Thomas? I'd say Ridge/Steffy, but since she's going to be off screen soon, RJ will likely take her spot. Then how does that play into Hope working with Thomas?  Does she side with him, even if they are not together romantically, or does she side with her mother's (soon to be) husband? 

Man, they made quite a long journey to make that Eric/broken stapler analogy. That was painful. 

• Like 11

As I've been wishing ... maybe a very, very, extremely watered-down daytime version of "Succession" is coming. 😝 Good for Eric. He needs to get his mojo back and if it means slapping Sludge down a peg or two, so be it!

I'd love nothing more than to see Ridge, Steffy, and Thomas all fight it out for Eric's spot. Comedy gold!

I am starting to pick up just the faintest hint of creepy obsessiveness edging in with Finn.

I can't add more vitriol to what has already been (very deservedly) heaped on Liam. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

Of all the possible scenarios or SLs I could have imagined, I would never have considered one with Eric. The character has been so watered down, only appearing to echo everyone else's thoughts on this or that marriage, or the fact that Sheila is loose and "not behind bars." And with Show's soul focus being love triangles, I would just have never considered Eric for any front burner SL. 

So, let me say how encouraged I am with his and Ridge's conversation. Ridge was rude, insulting, and dismissive and completely clueless to that fact. 

Also troubling, is how Ridge reacted to Eric wanting to do a couture line. Isn't that what the house of Forrester is known for? Do they only do HFTF now? Ridge was acting like Eric wanting to design a couture line was the most far fetched thing he had ever heard. And really, why does fucking Eric Forrester need permission to do his life's work for the company he founded?

But for heaven's sake, we are so overdue for something besides partner swapping and love triangles. 

My fellow posters have done more than a sufficient job of taking Liam's worthless ass to task, so I won't add on. 

I also hope that Finn reunites and disappear for a bit, leaving Liam twisting in the wind. I would imagine it would take him all of five minutes to change his mind about Hope, but if things go right she will be involved with Wyatt by then. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

A fashion showdown between Eric and Ridge would be a welcome change from the lather-rinse-repeat of the last several weeks. 

With Jacquie's maternity leave in the very near future, I see Steffy and Finn taking the kids overseas for a while to reconnect and come up with a gameplan for Sheila, who, apparently, hasn't come up for air since visiting Deacon. Which, can't blame her there but I am always going to SMH about Deacon choosing to pair up with her. 

Elsewhere, I'd like Hope to give Brooke another huge piece of her mind over browbeating her into taking Liam back only for him to reveal he does not and never had any real intentions of reconciling. If Brooke thinks he's such a damn catch, let her be with him. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Steffy's hair looked great yesterday.  If that is the actress' real hair I say brava and keep it that way. Banish those horrible wigs forever. And... I actually liked that lavender leopard jacket on Steffy.

6 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Ridge was rude, insulting, and dismissive and completely clueless* to that fact. 

This x1000!!   I want a Ridge/ Eric smack down.  I want Eric to win. I want Eric's designs to humiliate Ridge.  I want Brooke to side with Eric, and it would be great if Hope did.

If this SL is in the works, Bring. It. On. Rumble in Bell A.

* I think this Ridge is always completely clueless.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

I'm glad that everyone is thinking that this storyline with Eric isn't kicking off a dementia/potential Alzheimer's story and is just more of Ridge's ego vs Eric as the OG.

Sheila's blathering today is why I'm Team Steffy and feel Finn can kick rocks. The woman is back to saying she wishes everyone would forget that whole alley incident and wouldn't things be different if Steffy weren't in the picture. She hasn't changed, she's blameshifting, and already itching to do away with Steffy. Admittedly, Sheila would be plotting this whether Steffy took Finn back or not as she's gone past making Finn happy and thinking he'd be better off without Steffy so she's no longer trying to play nice with Steffy or trying to save his marriage to make him happy. Mother knows best afterall...

Wyatt and Flo need to be getting married with all the Logan women planning the event and Hope having issues and then reconciling with Flo for Buckingham to get revenge on Flo and kill her off so Wyatt's a grieving widower and falls back in with Katie. Or as Flo dies she admits she gave up their kid years ago for adoption and it sends Wyatt on a journey to find the kid with Katie assisting.  Give the man SOMETHING to do and help wrap up the Flo story once and for all.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

The looking for an old stapler did make me think dementia.  However he was spot on about the revolving door of people always in the office. 

"Paris for God's sake." Lol

Foreshadowing of Sheila is going to do something to Steffy. 

Deacon is an idiot for being anywhere near a psychopath like Sheila. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I know how Eric feels.  A stapler is not just a stapler when it has more importance than anyone could understand.  

Shiela must “have hidden” talents that prove you can teach a dog new tricks.  But the image of those “hidden talents” 🤢🤮 

• LOL 9

A good stapler is damn hard to find; they are either too heavy, or too bulky, or too sharp, or too long. I have one that is light, fits perfectly in the palm of my hand, with nice smooth edges. I have had it for over 20 years, and I would cut the hand off that tried to pilfer it! 

As glad as I am they are giving us something new with Eric and Ridge, I wish there had been some kind of lead up to Eric feeling this way, some type of build up showing him growing discontented with the current status quo. We could have seen him discussing it with Donna, or Brooke, or even himself. It just feels like it came out of left field, but I will take it all the same. Eric's dismissive "you can go now" to Ridge nearly had me peeing my pants. 

Finn said he would stay at Eric's and Steffy didn't take him up on it, that has me hella worried. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 5
  • Love 1