Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, CocoaGoddess said:

That scene might have been one of the hottest in daytime history, I had my mouth covered a few times because I couldn't believe how scandalous they were! 

The recent ratings bump is well deserved. I hope they keep exploring Thomas and Hope, I think it's the start of a true soapy relationship that's been missing on this show for a long time. 

I don’t know what took them so long!

the fallout from this will be Epic.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 10

I am so sick of Wyatt/Liam having the same convo over and over. Can Liam just go away, forever. 

RJ being cringe and asking Liam to take Hope back. Meanwhile she getting her back broke by Thomas. 😉

I hate these nosy relatives getting involved in romantic relationships. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 5
30 minutes ago, backhometome said:

I hate these nosy relatives getting involved in romantic relationships. 

Me too.  These are grown-ass people.  Let them work out their problems without interference from others.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

If they lazily retcon Hope's behavior as some chemically-/hypnotically-/bullshittingly-induced nonsense, I'm going to be pissed.  That would be some of the weakest sauce this show has ever produced.  But it'd be just like TPTB to ruin some of the hotter chemistry (almost Carter-Quinn levels) for . . . reasons.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 6/30/2023 at 2:24 AM, TessHarding2 said:

Things I've learned on Bold..

Removing your wedding band means you're one day away from divorce - AND - you're going to kiss someone else that day or the next day.

May I please be tacky and quote my own post? ☺️

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Like 14

The look on Hope’s face playing hide the pickle, with Lurch, is more of discus than desire.  Is there a pregnant Hope in the future?  Will a paternity test be required?  Wash, rinse, repeat?  

So we now have If Loving You is Wrong I Don’t Want To be Right.  If Right Means Being Without You.  What a load of 🐂💩.  Lurch just makes me 🤢🤮. Taking off her ring Lurch, doesn’t mean Hope is not married anymore. So you got what you wanted all along with only faking to change. 

Hope you are so disingenuous.  Runny to Stuffy is really no excuse for jumping into bed with Lurch. It’s just a rationalization. Technically you are committing adultery because there is no legal separation. 

• Like 5

RJ telling Liam how devastated Hope is while she told Thomas that was better than her dreams was funny.  She's better than fine RJ.

Good for Hope for wanting to be with someone where she's the only one. 

Really don't care to see Sheila.  She didn't mess up, that's not even close to killing people. 

So tired of this fighting for his marriage convincing of Liam.  She forgave him for cheating and he divorcing over a kiss without a talk and not to mention all the kissing of Steffy. Divorce him Hope! Tell him no if he comes waffling back. 

• Like 18

On the one hand, I hope that these two convince Liam to go "magnanimously" offer to take Hope back, and she says "no, we're good. By the way, I fucked Thomas," and walks away, leaving him in tears.

On the other hand, while Annika was selling the hell out of her scenes, I just have this visceral creeped out reaction to MA. I don't even think it's exclusively just Thomas as a character, but something about the way he plays him, or something. And their pillow talk scenes were largely about her clearly being on the rebound/reacting to Liam being a complete tool, and her feeling like she stepped out of her shell. But there's also a bit of an element of her trying too hard here. It's like since kissing Thomas blew up her family, she thinks she needs to make it worth it, so she's over-investing in this right now. I appreciate that Hope is driving her own story, because she rarely gets to do that. It's pretty much constantly shit happening to her, not her taking action. 

Sheila can go away any day now, and Deacon can have literally any other storyline. I'll even grit my teeth and deal with him and Taylor as long as he can be done having "dates" with Sheila in the prison waiting room. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I know Thomas is persona non grata but I truly enjoyed Hope and Thomas today.  Really wish they hadn't made him into a pyscho when he first returned.

Loved the intimacy and conversation and general comfort level, they were in their own little world.

I also totally got what Hope was saying and I think she is in-love with Thomas. He is now the best version of himself and it worked.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

On the other hand, while Annika was selling the hell out of her scenes, I just have this visceral creeped out reaction to MA. I don't even think it's exclusively just Thomas as a character, but something about the way he plays him, or something.

I recently fell down a youtube rabbit hole and was watching the storyline where Thomas was leveraging Douglas's adoption with Hope sleeping with him. He was gross and creepy but I came away thinking that he's a pretty good actor. When being a bastard. Now they've got him as a good guy and they've hand waived every bad thing he ever did and we're just meant to accept that he's changed. Now the actor offends me. He's boring as a good guy. The whole thing gives me flashbacks to Ford on One Life to Live. I hate unearned redemptions on soaps.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I think Hope's statement to Thomas about when she began having feelings for him sums it up for me. It tells me this has been building for a while, and she has been fighting it, not because Thomas is bad, but because she is good. As someone who outgrew a relationship, I totally understand how that can happen. It doesn't mean you don't love that person anymore; you just can't see yourself having a future with them. And I grew out of a relationship without having a third person in it like Hope has had to deal with. 

I also think that having the ability to have that type of candid conversation says something about their comfort/trust levels. Hope, not shying away from discussing Liam says she is secure in her choice to pursue Thomas. It may have come across as desperation to some, but for me it was pent up tension and desire. I truly believe Hope is tired of being the "good" one, who always does the right thing. She has watched Steffy fuck up her own life, not to mention countless other people's lives, and is still loved and admired, and considered someone to look up to; a strong, independent woman, who has never been judged by her actions. 

I think MA is a really good actor, and as the elder son of the Show's original leading man, he deserves something better than he has ever been given. If hooking up with Hope can do that, I will be ok with it. I have had to forgive other villains in soap history. 

Having said that, I can say there is one I will never forgive; Sheila. This character's rap sheet is far too long. It is time she paid for her "mistakes", and I wish that Deacon would stay the hell away from her. I don't buy this star crossed lovers crap. Deacon has always loved one woman, and Sheila doesn't hold a candle to her on any level. 

Now that they have actually given us something to watch outside of the same cyclical conversations every friggin day, how about we add some more fuel to the fire? Let's get it out in the open about Liam kissing Steffy so Hope can drag him for it. Let the fact that Steffy was not honest with Finn cause some issues with them, and Finn starts talking to Taylor trying to air out his feelings. In the meantime, Taylor has started going to lunch at Il Giardino's, and is getting closer to Deacon, which starts to annoy Finn. Oh, and bring back Li so she can comfort Bill in is loss of Katie. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, FancyRhubarb said:

I recently fell down a youtube rabbit hole and was watching the storyline where Thomas was leveraging Douglas's adoption with Hope sleeping with him. He was gross and creepy but I came away thinking that he's a pretty good actor. When being a bastard. Now they've got him as a good guy and they've hand waived every bad thing he ever did and we're just meant to accept that he's changed. Now the actor offends me. He's boring as a good guy. The whole thing gives me flashbacks to Ford on One Life to Live. I hate unearned redemptions on soaps.

This is where I am with him. He's great at playing a bad guy. But, sometimes playing "good" can be a lot more challenging to make interesting, and he just does not do it for me when he's playing "good." He's this weird combination of being way too earnest and "golly gee" dorky, while still looking sinister. And, yeah, I can totally see the Ford comparison. Don't tell us someone is all good now, show us them earning that. 

4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Now that they have actually given us something to watch outside of the same cyclical conversations every friggin day, how about we add some more fuel to the fire? Let's get it out in the open about Liam kissing Steffy so Hope can drag him for it. Let the fact that Steffy was not honest with Finn cause some issues with them, and Finn starts talking to Taylor trying to air out his feelings. In the meantime, Taylor has started going to lunch at Il Giardino's, and is getting closer to Deacon, which starts to annoy Finn. Oh, and bring back Li so she can comfort Bill in is loss of Katie. 

God, I need those kisses to come to light ASAP. If that doesn't blow up Steffy's life, I'm going to be so pissed. She's had multiple chances to tell Finn. And now that he had that line about how Thomas was just as responsible for those kisses as Hope was, he's not going to just let Steffy off the hook. And given the history, he won't buy that Steffy pushed Liam away. Of course, the obvious progression there would be for Steffy to go running to Liam, but it's way more interesting if she still holds onto that "nope, I'm not an option for you" stance with him, as she tries to fight for Finn. And then Finn ends up in bed with Taylor. And this is all definitely the time to bring Li back. The only downside to this whole story for Finn will be if, after leaving Steffy, he decides to open the door even a sliver to any kind of relationship with Sheila. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Can Liam just go whine himself off a cliff.

RJ, people still go to work when their marriage is ending. He came back to town not wanting to get involved in his family's drama but here he is involved in Hopes marriage. A marriage she isnt even fighting for. 🙄 STFU.

TK looks good in those glasses. 

Hope is acting like Thomas gave her, her first orgasm. 😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 13
17 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

I know Thomas is persona non grata but I truly enjoyed Hope and Thomas today.  Really wish they hadn't made him into a pyscho when he first returned.

Loved the intimacy and conversation and general comfort level, they were in their own little world.

I also totally got what Hope was saying and I think she is in-love with Thomas. He is now the best version of himself and it worked.

But one of those versions ran a woman off the road leading to her death and he’s never been punished nor accepted responsibility for that. One of those versions attempted to gaslight his own child in order to cover up his complicity in a scheme to break up Ridge and Brooke. That kinda makes me not give a damn about any subsequent version of Thomas. He’s a POS and anyone who wants to be with that POS is not looking so good themselves.

The whole “Whataboutism” over Steffy by Hope seems like a poorly disguised attempt to assuage her own guilt about kissing/having feelings for Thomas. I’d have no problem with her bringing those things up when they happened. Sorry, but that didn’t have anything to do with why she kissed Thomas or was attracted to him. And it sure as heck can’t be used as a cudgel to beat forgiveness or understanding out of Liam.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Hope has only really been with Liam over the years with a short detour to Wyatt.

What DA HELL has Liam been doing in the bedroom  all these years to the point that Thomas (who hasn't been laid in YEARS) is ringing Hope's bell in a way it has NEVER been rung before (her words).. Girl is positively GLOWING..in post-coital bliss..

😂 Hope hasn't left that bed or isn't even trying to leave that bed...

Good show today - still loving Hope and Thomas

RJ - give it a rest! Hope is doing a-ok..

Ridge looked good..

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 12
  • LOL 1

I have to agree with those saying that Hope is trying to convince herself of having deeper feelings for Thomas and that he is a good guy to make all of this worth it. I think that she sees how Thomas is singularly about her and has been doing this whole triangle with Liam and Steffy for long that she thinks Thomas’ feelings for her are special. She doesn’t realize that this is the least she should expect for a partner/husband because she has put up with Liam’s wavering for so long. 

Also I don’t think that she is using Liam going to Steffy as justification or a whataboutism. I think it showed that Liam would always look for a reason to go to Steffy.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, nasir jones said:

But one of those versions ran a woman off the road leading to her death and he’s never been punished nor accepted responsibility for that. One of those versions attempted to gaslight his own child in order to cover up his complicity in a scheme to break up Ridge and Brooke. That kinda makes me not give a damn about any subsequent version of Thomas. He’s a POS and anyone who wants to be with that POS is not looking so good themselves.

Yep. I've said over and over that if they took some time on redeeming him, I could maybe buy it down the road, but he was on the outs with everyone for like five minutes, Taylor browbeat Steffy into accepting him back into the fold, and then Steffy decided he was all fine since mommy said so. We got one session with a therapist, which mommy attended and ran roughshod over. The last time we saw him before Taylor started dragging him over to Steffy's house to force a reconciliation, he was still being sinister and plotting. We haven't actually seen him do anything that shows he's better now. I liked Todd Manning for crying out loud. You can make a previously bad character root-able, even if they remain gray, but you've got to put some work into it. 

2 hours ago, nasir jones said:

The whole “Whataboutism” over Steffy by Hope seems like a poorly disguised attempt to assuage her own guilt about kissing/having feelings for Thomas. I’d have no problem with her bringing those things up when they happened. Sorry, but that didn’t have anything to do with why she kissed Thomas or was attracted to him. And it sure as heck can’t be used as a cudgel to beat forgiveness or understanding out of Liam.

I don't think she's necessarily using it as an excuse for kissing Thomas, or even a weapon to force Liam to get over it. She's just pointing out what a giant hypocrite he is to act like this is the single worst thing that has ever happened in the history of their relationship when she's been forgiving way more with Steffy over and over and over again. And she's also using it as a point of reference for herself as to what a shitty partner it turns out her husband is, because he expects forgiveness no matter how many times he betrayed her with Steffy, but one kiss and he's immediately saying divorce. 

28 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

So Hope has only really been with Liam over the years with a short detour to Wyatt.

What DA HELL has Liam been doing in the bedroom  all these years to the point that Thomas (who hasn't been laid in YEARS) is ringing Hope's bell in a way it has NEVER been rung before (her words).. Girl is positively GLOWING..in post-coital bliss..

They way they both keep falling all over Liam for all this time, you'd think he must be doing something right in bed, but it turns out he isn't. But, Hope, honey, I saw those scenes with Wyatt back in the day.  You were pretty freaking happy with what he was bringing to the table. That was one of the reasons I wanted her with Wyatt instead of Liam back then. She was still having issues being comfortable in bed with Liam, but she had no such hang-ups with Wyatt. She was clearly enjoying sex and letting loose then in a way she never did with Liam. I wonder if her entire relationship with him has been like that - never fully letting go in the bedroom because some part of her never fully trusted him enough to just let go and enjoy it. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Does anyone realize that Hope and Lurch are not in the office?  There are definitely not with Douglas and Beth. It’s been my experience when two people who showed affection for each other are not in the office, there is a good chance that that are “together”.  

Ridge you sure CAN blame Lurch for this you POS. Did Lurch keep his distance?  Did Lurch push Hope away?  The answer is a big fat NO. 

We get it, Hope wants Lurch and Lurch wants Hope.  Enough is enough already. I’m sick and tired of them and that fact that I have been loosing my Lucy for the past 3 days 🤢🤮.  

There is one slight difference in the Liam/Hope/Lurch saga. Liam hated Lurch with the heat of a thousand suns and Hope doesn’t hate Stuffy.  Hope is not a big fan of Stuffy but Stuffy is just an annoyance to Hope.  

I’m sorry but I cannot believe Lurch has changed.  He’s the same guy who tried to seduce  Ivy and the same guy who raped Caroline. He actually is using the same technique that he used on them to seduce Hope. Lurch is a predator, nothing more nothing less. He’s also is a child abuser, which, to me, is the most egregious.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I appreciate that Hope is driving her own story, because she rarely gets to do that. It's pretty much constantly shit happening to her, not her taking action. 

I'll give the writers some marginal credit on that point. While KM!Hope was more often than not an active participant in her own misery, AN has been written in the other extreme so it's nice that she's making her own decisions.

Regardless of what TIIC do w Thope down the road, I hope Lope is done for good. They were a toxic pairing that never would've happened if Oliver Jones or Brooke had a single brain cell between the two of them as Liam happened to be at the right place at the right time. They were lousy for each other years before Tom-Ass exploited that past and they'll be toxic when TIIC decide the last five years no longer happened when a new Thomas is recast and decides to steal RJ's girlfriend or whatever.

Ugh.

5 hours ago, backhometome said:

RJ, people still go to work when their marriage is ending. He came back to town not wanting to get involved in his family's drama but here he is involved in Hopes marriage. A marriage she isnt even fighting for. 🙄 STFU.

I'm reminded of the very first divorce attempt of Stephanie & Eric. Ridge called his sibling to let them know and it lasted all of one episode that ended with Ridge saying they still had a line to produce and an upcoming fashion show to worry about. They shook it off and everyone got back to work and absolutely didn't go into parent trap mode.

I miss that. :(

37 minutes ago, ybrik said:

Also I don’t think that she is using Liam going to Steffy as justification or a whataboutism. I think it showed that Liam would always look for a reason to go to Steffy.

It really is. And Liam proved this years ago when he walked away from Ivy, who he once praised for not bringing chaos and drama in his life while (I assume) also putting out . And IIRC, that too was out of the blue and with no explanation into why he'd be into Steffy after such a solid seeming relationship. And it would've been the same deal too if TIIC had him going after Sally.

• Like 12
33 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I liked Todd Manning for crying out loud. You can make a previously bad character root-able, even if they remain gray, but you've

It's taken the better part of two DECADES to get Adam Newman anywhere near *good guy* territory for comparatively less. His target of shittiness is usually Victor and has collateral damage as a result of that. Faith is a teenager now and Delia has been dead overa decade (RIP) but people have not forgotten what he's done....yet he's moved from blaming every problem of his on his daddy issues with Victor and started being a decent person for the sake of it--including keeping his mouth shut about Christian when he effectively abandoned him to cover his own ass with Chelsea.

Likewise, Michael Baldwin was every bit as dark and menacing and evil as Thomas is but he did legit jail time and it was years before he ad Christine were in the same room together.

We know TIIC could convincingly redeem Thomas because they already did it and it worked well enough that when his rape victim turned into a psycho to ruin his life we were all on HIS side!

29 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

He’s the same guy who tried to seduce  Ivy

???

I remember she and Thomas had a thing but I definitely remember that one kinda being more on Ivy. Quinn peeped that too and narced to Wyatt about it, who she was seeing at the time.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

What is Katie talking about the press and relationship at work messy? Huh, this entire show is relationships at work and messy. Hello, her sister Brooke?

RJ has nothing else to do why is he even talking to waffling Liam who hurt both his sisters? Hope is enjoying her so much better. Smiling at Thomas ending scene was great. 

Liam's not a quitter? Lol what Liam does RH know? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

When KM left, Hope went to live in Europe for a while. At one point, Brooke went to comfort her because she had broken up with an unnamed boyfriend. It would be interesting if that guy showed up to rekindle things.

• Like 7
  • Useful 4

I decided to be a fan of Hope moving on to Thomas. This is not so much because I think they are a great fit but because I AM SICK OF LIAM.  This guy has eaten up our screen time for THIRTEEN years. I googled it and it said his debut was in July of 2010. I don’t get why Hopes family is rallying for her marriage. This jerk has waffled between her and Steffy for years and is ready to get back in the waffle iron and mess up Steffys marriage. I hate him. I am glad they didn’t waste time having Hope jump into bed with Thomas. 
The only thing I’m dreading is Liam and his tortured looking self running to Steffys weak ass to cry like baby. I hope Finn gives him a beat down. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I remember she and Thomas had a thing but I definitely remember that one kinda being more on Ivy. Quinn peeped that too and narced to Wyatt about it, who she was seeing at the time.

If memory serves, it was Lurch who was the aggressor. It wasn’t until Lurch saved Ivy from the spot light falling on her head that she gave Lurch the time of day.  They both were living at Eric’s house and he was all over her when she was in her PJ’s.  I don’t remember if Ivy and Lurch had a “misunderstanding night”. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

So much to unpack in today's episode.

I wish RJ had thrown Sad Sack Waffle Boy through the window of Bill's office.  Liam is the whiniest mopier whinest that ever whined. I can't take another day of his furrowed brow and downcast eyes. 

WHY in the fresh hell is the Rome Thope kiss suddenly the subject of office gossip and WHY do they need a PR strategy about it? AFAIK, nobody outside of Lope knew about this than Brooke, Steffy, and now, Ridge. What business is it of Katie and Carter's?

The pillow talk innuendos were writing themselves today. "You're as beautiful inside as you are on the outside." There were a couple more in a similar vein. ☺️Not crazy about Hope acting like a virgin whose wanton insatiable passions have suddenly been awakened. It's just a bit too Harlequin Romance to me, but whatever. MA and AN have TONS more chemistry than she does with SC. 

Let the games begin!

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 15

Finally, a Liam free day!

Hope, there is nothing technically about you still being married. Taking your rings off doesn't  you aren't anymore.

Not the keyhole flashback. 😴

Those bangs on Steffy are a no. 

How many rounds have Thope done. 😂

I mean does she even know where her kids are.

Brooke just walking into the house and to the bedroom. 🙄 But her reaction was priceless.  😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh My God - I was laughing so much...I had to rewind

Brooke looks horrified - she caught them mid-act..🤣

Thomas ain't been laid in YEARS - he has a lot of sexual frustrations to work out..

Hope has certainly been riding the stallion..

I can't even IMAGINE the sex funk in that room..

🤣🤣

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 5
  • LOL 10

Yes Hope, you should get going. Out the door not another round of hide the pickle.  How many times in a row?  I guess “clearing the deck” is not required. 

Stuffy has a new wig. This one has bangs. Has Stuffy’s cheeks been augmented or is she holding nuts in them for Finn to find with his tongue?  Normally I would say that a pregnant woman has a glow about her but Stuffy looks like crap. 

Blanket and a fire in the fireplace. Hey Stuffy, save energy and turn the AC down. 

Liam has managed to have a baby with two different women and has seemed to satisfy Quinn, so there must be something about his sexual prowess other than having an excellent body.  Liam must be a boring lover though but other than mind blowing sex, Hope and Lurch are just a bore.  

There is a new character introduced today. It’s the partially open door’s brother, the unlocked door.  

Brooke, wants to know what Hope is doing?  I guess it’s been a while since Brooke doesn’t recognize sex when she sees it. 

Now I’m wondering since Brooke let Oliver sample the golden cooter is she going to do the same for Lurch to get him to stay away from Hope. 

One last thing because I have to give Lurch credit for being able to give Hope multiple “afternoons delights” in just a few hours. Skyrockets 🚀 in Flight 🛩️.  Hope more than “gushed” over Lurch and Lurch was up to the challenge.  I actually thing Lurch would be a better porn star than designer.  Nah, he’s really neither. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I still can’t stand to look at Thomas because when I do, I see a combination of Rasputin and Charles Manson... but I know mileage varies

🧔🏻🧔🏻

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

This is the hottest I've ever seen this version of Hope. But I'm still having too much trouble accepting this coupling because of all of the things Thom-ass has done. And quite frankly, they don't hold a candle to Quinn and Carter. 

Oh that Stuffy, besides withholding the truth from her husband, partner and best friend, I couldn't stand it when she said that Hope really was a "Logan". Hope's father is Deacon freaking Sharpe, who's done jail time at least twice, and has had many questionable relationships and is having one now! But no, Hope does one thing that Stuffy (the cousin-killer and attempted-other-cousin-killer) doesn't approve of, and Stuffy pronounces her a "Logan"? At least compare her to her father, while you are being dishonest your to husband about being in the receiving end of the same situation.

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Blanket and a fire in the fireplace. Hey Stuffy, save energy and turn the AC down. 

LOL! Best laugh I've had this week!

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Finn's "I'm not going anywhere" he's so going when he finds out about Liam or whatever Steffy does next with Liam. 

Not the stupid keyhole and Finn/Steffy flashbacks.  

Omg Ridge thinks the woman who hates his son to drop by and have a chat with him. Then she goes inside his home when nobody answers and walks into his bedroom and asks Hope what she's doing? Lol 

"Liam needs to get over it and put her family first." I love Finn feeling no care for Liam.

• Like 5

All of the dopey Sinn flashbacks today make me wonder if something is going to happen to Finn. I am thinking beyond him leaving Steffy over kissing-gate.

If the writers kill Finn off, that would leave Steffy free and clear for Liam. Then, we'd also have to deal with a psychotic, vengeful reign of terror from Sheila, who will miraculously spring from jail.

Eh ... hope not. But I don't want another round of ToD 2.0. However, I do think once the sex haze has worn off, Hope will grow tired of Thomas. That's how it kind of ended up with Breacon after Hope was born, even on top of all the outside interference.

• Like 8

Liam and Hope together are boring because they’re both goody-goodies (with flaws - Liam can’t help himself from falling into vaginas other than his wife’s and Hope has her head buried firmly up her own ass believing she’s always right despite mountains of evidence to the contrary), and they are frequently just passengers in their own lives.  They don’t really drive stories.  They always have things just happen to them.  But here, Hope has made an actual affirmative decision to be with Thomas.  Gotta say I appreciate this much-needed added dimension to her character.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 4

So, we went from the same damn dialogue every day in Liam's months long Thomas tour, where he had to talk about Thomas to at least one person per day, every day to our new repetitive dialogue of Hope and Thomas. "You're a shmoopy." "No, you are." Then some fucking. Then back to the "You're a shmoopy." "No, you are." Lather, rinse repeat. I'm not even sure who's trying too hard her now, Hope, Thomas, or the writers. And, of course, the repetitive Finn/Steffy scenes where she marvels over their love, compares it to Lope, and keeps hiding what happened with Liam from Finn. "I would never take what we have for granted." Um, aren't you doing just that when you withhold something like that from him? 

Brooke, what did you expect to see when you burst into Thomas's bedroom after seeing Hope's ring on the desk? Have some boundaries, woman.  I know you like to be way too involved in Hope's love life, but knowingly interrupting mid-thrust is a few bridges too far. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/12/2023 at 7:46 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I wish RJ had thrown Sad Sack Waffle Boy through the window of Bill's office. 

I know RJ has largely been MIA for most of the decades-long conflict between his sisters for this cockwomble's attention,  but Liam kvetching to the brother of both women he's cheated on is definitely a life choice. :[

15 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

However, I do think once the sex haze has worn off, Hope will grow tired of Thomas. That's how it kind of ended up with Breacon after Hope was born, even on top of all the outside interference.

From what I remember of that, the only thing that really changed is Ridge became available and Brooke couldn't put distance between her and Deacon fast enough to get back with him. Or maybe that's when she started blocking custody of Hope, I'm not sure cuz it's been a while.

13 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

They always have things just happen to them.  But here, Hope has made an actual affirmative decision to be with Thomas.  Gotta say I appreciate this much-needed added dimension to her character.  

The thing about Hope is she didn't used to be this passive. If anything she was very, very quick to make snap judgements (albeit understandable ones, given how lousy Liam and Steffy are as people) and fight for what was right. If Kim Matula was in the role when all the recent Douglas shit was happening with Thomas keeping him away from her, she would've driven her Mercedes C300 into Thomas' house, tell Thomas age was taking her son home and dare him to say a damn thing about it..

I feel like TPTB were trying for a more mature approach w the character, which I didn't necessarily hate all the time, but there's a middle ground the size of Texas between the petulant brat who married a guy's brother for being late to his wedding and the woman who meekly accepts working with an abuser to keep her line.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 9
4 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

From what I remember of that, the only thing that really changed is Ridge became available and Brooke couldn't put distance between her and Deacon fast enough to get back with him. Or maybe that's when she started blocking custody of Hope, I'm not sure cuz it's been a while.

1 hour ago, Cool Breeze said:

I always thought that the speedy end of Brooke and Deacon was due to Bell finally realizing the damage it was doing to his lead female. How could the audience be expected to get over how fucked up it was after that confrontation between Brooke and Bridget at the cabin? Her fight with Deacon was great as well- "You reek! Kissing you was like licking an ashtray!" Ending it was for Brooke's longevity but like everything Bell does it was done in one episode and then we were expected to mind wipe everything that came before it. Brooke and Deacon were hot but back then Sean Kanan was on fire with everyone. I liked him with Brooke. I liked him with Bridget. I liked him with Amber. I think he could have pulled it off if they tried to pair him with Rick. He was just chef's kiss.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So am I the only one who thinks that was some soft porn with Thomas/Hope 😂  did you see her biting his shoulder ??

Not saying I didn’t like it but da hell lol ??

ETA: one of my favorite parts of watching this Soap is reading peoples comments on various sites.  My favorites are viewers who left the show or just watch it here and there who just happened to tune in and go “Oh, Thomas and Hope are kissing/fucking, lemme tune back in for this mess”. 😂 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4

Apparently, it's been so long since Brooke has had hot ass sex she has forgotten what it looks like. 

Your girl, my lovely, is getting her bell rung. And yes, she has firmly turned to the dark side and is experiencing what you experienced with Deacon. So you can shut it, because you know how that felt. 

A blanket and a fire? In California? 

And those bangs gotta go. 

Where is Douglas when you need him? That boy would out that Steffy/Liam kiss in a Cliff House minute. 

15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Has Stuffy’s cheeks been augmented or is she holding nuts in them for Finn to find with his tongue?

OMG! Steffy uses nuts and her dad uses pinecones. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
10 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

The thing about Hope is she didn't used to be this passive. If anything she was very, very quick to make snap judgements (albeit understandable ones, given how lousy Liam and Steffy are as people) and fight for what was right. If Kim Matula was in the role when all the recent Douglas shit was happening with him keeping him, she would've driven her Mercedes C300 into Thomas' house, tell Thomas age was taking her son home and dare him to say a damn thing about it..

I feel like TPTB were trying for a more mature approach w the character, which I didn't necessarily hate all the time, but there's a middle ground the size of Texas between the petulant brat who married a guys brother for being late to his wedding and the woman who meekly accepts working with an abuser to keep her line.

This has been my problem with AN's Hope so far, her "peacekeeping" borders/crosses the line of cowardly quite often, and TPTB keep trying to sell it as maturity. What's mature about allowing Steffy to crap on Brooke to her face almost 24/7? Or not serving Liam papers after mannequingate? Or acting helpless when Thomas kept Douglas away from home, instead of just dragging his sorry manipulative ass to court?

My guess is that, she was written this way so that Annika Noelle could avoid getting sent an ass ton of death threats the way Kim Matula did. So ergo we have a version of Hope that "avoids conflict" not necessarily because it's the right thing to do, but because it's easier for her personally. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Steffy needs to stop saying that Hope really is a Logan. She’s keeping a certain kiss from her husband. Her and Taylor are no better than Brooke and Hope. Taylor has laid with the same men as Brooke. Steffy has constantly gone after Hopes lovers. It’s about time Hope moved on from Waffles. Oh and Steffy, that wig is ass ugly.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

My guess is that, she was written this way so that Annika Noelle could avoid getting sent an ass ton of death threats the way Kim Matula did. So

*Snort* have they LOOKED at Twitter? If that was a reason, they need not bother because unless the Logan DNA is extracted outta her Star Trek style, the fanbase is never going to stop hating her, no matter the writing or the actress.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Steffy needs to stop saying that Hope really is a Logan. She’s keeping a certain kiss from her husband.

Yeah, I snorted at that line. I really cannot wait for Finn to find out about those kisses. If she had just told him right away, saying she put a stop to it, she would have been fine. But not telling him and continuing to talk with him about all that has happened between Liam/Hope/Thomas without saying "oh, and you won't believe what Liam had the nerve to do..." just makes her look guilty as fuck. He'll have no reason to believe that she wasn't an active and happy participant in those kisses when he eventually does find out. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3
On 7/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, Crashcourse said:

Brooke:  Hope!  What are you doing? 🫢

Hope:  Fixin' to ride that other Stallion.  🤪

I was thinking that ol' Brookie might want to give Tommy a try... 

21 hours ago, SiouxB said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I still can’t stand to look at Thomas because when I do, I see a combination of Rasputin and Charles Manson... but I know mileage varies

🧔🏻🧔🏻

Excellent description!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sludge said to Tay Tay that he saw all the work Thom-ass had done to get to where he is. Well, Sludge was off to parts unknown waiting for another pine cone to hit him in the head while he was finding himself. So that was a lie. And Sludge may not know it, but whatever this "work" was that Thom-ass did - look at where he is now! Obviously that work worked. Perhaps Thom-ass took a course in manifesting.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TessHarding2 said:
On 7/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, Crashcourse said:

Brooke:  Hope!  What are you doing? 🫢

Hope:  Fixin' to ride that other Stallion.  🤪

I was thinking that ol' Brookie might want to give Tommy a try... 

Thom-ass: Hey, Brooke, Come join us! I've got some boink-berries!

Brooke (shaking her head and muttering as she leaves the room): Been there, done that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5