Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 6/23/2023 at 5:21 PM, SweePea59 said:

But I still can't understand Hope kissing Thomas like that after all that he has done to her.

Hope has a big heart and genuinely believes he has changed. They have (brief-ish?) romantic history. She feels gratitude for his contribution in saving HFTF. She has admitted that she finds him attractive, funny, etc. I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility for her to act on this underlying impulse and just give in. There are a lot of parallels to the Wyatt/Paris storyline (Side note: It was kind of icky for $Cupid to offer Lope to take the same yacht Hott used for their honeymoon for a romantic getaway.😐)

19 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Why didn’t Hope have more of a reaction to making this choice? It just seemed so out of character for her to not even question or apologize for kissing Thomas. 

I think we're going to see that on Monday. What I got from the scenes and lack of dialogue is that they (Hope) decided to just enjoy the day and revel in their shared happiness. I don't think she's made a choice. She acted on her desires and just decided to indulge her desires for a moment. She's not going to upend her entire life. The internal conflict will come later after the moment ends.

4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

As for Liam, I will fully support him getting some custody of Beth

I don't see how he has any right to take Beth. One, he asked Thomas to look after her when he was in prison, which (I would hope) means that Liam believes that Thomas has the capacity to be a good person. Plus, I don't know how he could specifically take Beth without impacting Douglas or even Kelly, who presumably spends time with her uncle. It would be kind of weird to "protect" one kid and not the others.

7 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Once the news gets out about Hope and Thomas, I say we will see Bridge starting to implode in a matter of weeks.

Totally agree. I think the fallout is going to play out super quickly. It's annoying that they imploded Braylor for this and then fast-tracked Bridge in Rome just for this angst. I feel like the conflict with their kids could be played out just as well without a romantic connection. They really need to settle the older generation. It's exhausting.

On another note, now that there's an "avenue" for Sally to return to LA, I think it would be cool to reintroduce the Spectra clan and have her and Thomas start their own fashion house. The show is in desperate need of some more characters and dynamics. Fingers crossed that that's what's happening with this story. It has the potential to blow up everyone's lives if handled the right way and doesn't even necessarily require a Thope pairing to do it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
6 hours ago, MajesticMariposa said:

They have (brief-ish?) romantic history.

Their previous relationship prior to MA's casting could be measured in days. Thomas was a rebound when Liam married Steffy in Aspen and Steffy pushed it to keep her out of Liam's way. They had one weekend in Cabo and by the time Caroline Spencer hit the scene three months later, they both had seemingly forgotten about it.

6 hours ago, MajesticMariposa said:

One, he asked Thomas to look after her when he was in prison

Which was stupid, lazy, hamfisted, in-the-moment writing that is par for the course for modern B&B. That was also before Thomas decided to use his child yet again to wreck havoc on Brooke's life and try pushing his way back into Hope's life romantically.

Honestly, if B&B can't be bothered to respect even bigger, more substantial plot points in canon--up to and including tanking all the development of the previous Thomas when they managed to salvage him after his "misunderstanding" with Caroline--then I don't see why I have to be beholdened to respect one stupid throwaway line that the writers themselves decided to go back on when they made him crazy again. I am no fan of Liam's but having THAT guy near THAT specific daughter is a step too far.

And before anyone says it, yes, he should've cut off Wyatt for sticking with Flo too. If I never see that heifer again it'll be too soon but since TIIC haven't been shoving her redemption down my throat for the last two years, I don't feel the need to rail on her these days.

7 hours ago, MajesticMariposa said:

On another note, now that there's an "avenue" for Sally to return to LA, I think it would be cool to reintroduce the Spectra clan and have her and Thomas start their own fashion house.

That I do agree with. It's the route they should've continued with in spite of Pierson Fodé's suddenly departure from the show. They could've taken a few weeks to recast rather than reset the clock and do....all of this. And if they had to have him and Hope together down the road, to at least find a way of doing this that didn't involving him abusing his own child.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

While I am not happy that Hope chose to betray her own integrity by kissing Thomas (and the choice of partners in that betrayal just makes it worse), IDGAF about Liam's man-pain. Especially when his recourse was to lay one on Steffy.

I don't even consider them even at this point. For that to happen, Hope would have to actually fuck Thomas, learn she's pregnant, and not know who the father is, necessitating a paternity test.

THEN they'd be even.

I will be very curious to see how Steffy responds. To her credit, she did look very taken aback.

I, too, am also seeing something circling with Taylor and Finn. Their chat at the beach house was just a little too cozy and it's about damn time Steffy has to eat a dish of the applesauce she's been serving Hope all these years because of her issues with Brooke. Let those chickens come home to roost. 

Also, possibly UO, I didn't find the Thope kiss hot at all. Setting aside their problematic history and just looking at purely through a chemistry lens, it was a case of try-too-hard. Not even the swoony music and the beautiful surroundings could save the awkward "we must kiss now" moment.

3qA6.gif

main-qimg-b159d009d2685c9e4987b29e3d8b7d

Seeplusalso: Bridge reunion #8675309.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Also, possibly UO, I didn't find the Thope kiss hot at all. Setting aside their problematic history and just looking at purely through a chemistry lens, it was a case of try-too-hard. Not even the swoony music and the beautiful surroundings could save the awkward "we must kiss now" moment.

I agree. Everything about it felt awkward to me. The conversation and physical lead up to it, and the aftermath. The Liam and Steffy kiss was super awkward, too, and just seemed so weird in the scene. It would have probably been a lot less "off" if Liam had just done it as soon as he saw her, like it was some kind of "sign" to him that he ran into her right after witnessing the Thope kiss. Or even after her initial response to the news, when she told him something like "you're such a great man who doesn't deserve this."  (Side note: Steffy, he so very much deserved it, just not with Thomas being the other man. It would have been so much more interesting if, after the line did poorly with Eric and Zende designing, FC brought in some new designer who was a "bad boy" type, and Hope had the same fighting her attraction trajectory with that guy. Liam would have deserved the shit out of that.) 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

VWS, @KerleyQ.

Honestly, Hope kissing Thomas doesn't even register because of Liam's response. It shows that even though Liam is 100% right that Thomas hasn't changed one iota, neither has LIAM.

He is still the same, spoiled, insecure, needy, waffling man-child who seeks comfort elsewhere the second his relationship hits a snag. 

He has as checkered a past as Thomas, though for very different reasons:

- Proposes to Hope yet isn't sure he's ready for marriage so he fools around with Steffy at his own engagement party, gets busted, and then immediately puts the still-warm-from-Hope's-finger-ring on Steffy

- Marries Steffy in Aspen when Hope doesn't show because Steffy & Co have her trapped in a gondola

- He cheated on Ivy with a returned-to-town Steffy and was a prize shit for dumping Ivy at Aly's funeral

More recently, he cheated on Hope with Steffy because he thought Thomas kissed her only it was Hopequin.

I'm sure I'm leaving out several things but those are what come to mind in literally 30 seconds.

When Finn, the dull unless he's being held prisoner by his psycho bio-mom, Sheila doctor, is the only decent man seen on any kind of regular basis on canvas, this show has serious issues.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Steffy`s hair was much better today. Than that mess in Rome. Looked like a birds nest.

Hideous shirt Thomas. 

It took Liam how may eps to get to Rome and then no eps for him to be at home already. 

They didn't even show how Steffy reacted to Liam's kiss. 

Still dont feel bad for Liam. 

Tuned out all the Brooke/Ridge scenes. 😴 How rude of them to keep a flight waiting. 

• Like 8
(edited)

Ugh. What a complete waste. How could they completely kill all of that momentum that was built from Thurs/Friday? The editing was awful. Not looking forward to this week like I expected. 

-JMW looked really pretty in pink, and LSV looked handsome in his blue. Whoever picked out Thomas' jacket/shirt obviously ran out of inspiration.💀

-How odd to skip straight to the plane. Also, how odd to not show any conversation between Thope. I guess I'm supposed to believe that brief exchange on the plane was the only discussion? We've barely seen Thomas' POV throughout this whole storyline, which is fine, but it would be kind of nice to know what's going on. What'd they do after they left the cafe? Just lazy. Hope has blown up everyone's lives with her impulsiveness. Would've liked to have seen some immediate followup.

-What happened with Steam? Steffy didn't know he went home until she randomly texted him on the plane? They just parted and went their separate ways after all of that? 🙄

-Andrea Bocelli is legendary. Awesome. Bridge is reunited for life. Great. There was no need to spend 80% of the episode on them, especially when it was obvious all those scenes were filmed in LA. That should have been cut with an extended scene released. Also, how incredibly selfish to have everyone waiting on you. 

-Liam must be exhausted. Still don't care about his tears.

-I'm going to assume all the Lope fallout will happen in one day. Otherwise, I don't see how Liam could keep his trip secret. Also kind of sad that Hope apparently has no idea who is taking care of her kids (or Thomas for that matter). You'd think she would check in.

-I hope a pap snapped a pic of Steam and Thope and of Liam crying.

Edited by MajesticMariposa
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2

Oh FFS, why didn’t Liam have a conversation with his wife instead of kissing Steffy and then flying back home? How did he get a commercial flight so fast when he couldn’t get one to get there? Now we have to watch him sit home and cry? No thanks.

I’m happy Brooke won over Taylor. I mean I know the prize kind of sucks but at least Brooke won over that giggling, lying, wig wearing jerk.

Shut up Carter! Its not cute that Brooke and Ridge are holding up the plane. These 2 have sexed each other every which way but loose. They can be romantic when they get back to L.A.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

There is a LOT to unpack today. 

How in the bluedilly hell can you build all of that momentum on Thursday & Friday ~ Thope kissing, Liam spotting it, Thope holding hands & grabbing lunch, like a couple, in Rome, Steam kissing ~ & then totally, totally ignore it?? How is Liam already back in BelLA, & Thope haven’t discussed the kiss, while Steffy didn’t even know Liam had left? This is ridiculous. Assuming that Thope didn’t have sex, but how did they end the day? Details are what makes soaps, soaps.  

Every time I see Andrea Bocelli, I’m reminded that he performed at both TomKat’s (Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes) wedding, as well as Kimye’s (Kim Kardashian & Kanye West). I’m as into celebrity stalking, as I am over Bridge, so do your thing, Bocelli! 

It doesn’t seem like Steffy & Liam are working back towards each other, which is a relief. It also seems like Hope is seeing the kiss as a momentary lapse, totally wasn’t, but that’s how she’s seeing it, & she thinks she’ll just waltz back into Liam’s shockingly ample arms. 

I’m on Liam’s side in that Thomas is a horrid person, & Hope should avoid him at all costs, but what did I hear him say? That Thomas is the one person Hope knows could blow up their marriage? What.The.Hell? Liam has blown up his marriage multiple, multiple times, with Steffy, & the minute he sees Hope kissing Thomas, he immediately grabs Steffy & kisses her. I’m not a Thope fan, but, damn, Liam needs a mirror. 

JMW looked fantastic in that dress, that’s actually what I picture Hope for the Future couture to look like. Soft, feminine, wispy, it was a great look. 

Carter sure is pretty, that’s all I got on him. However, not a fan of him making excuses for Bridge, while those asshats drink coffee, get a serenade, & make out on every balcony in Rome, knowing that the jet is waiting on them, & their grandkids’ parents are on that jet, anxious to get home to them. They deserve each other, but I feel like if Lope break up, & Thope happens for real, Bridge will be done for a while. 

I’m not sure if I’ll word this in a way that makes sense outside of my head, but knowing that SC recently separated from his wife, IRL, & Hope’s portrayer recently split with her fiancé, again, IRL, I’m thinking their upcoming breakup scenes (I assume they’ll at least separate, no spoilers), will be super emotional. I thought SC seemed genuinely pained today, in a good way, probably pulling from real life. 

**I didn’t realize how many name mashups are on this show until I was typing. But, I’d like to add, instead of Tann, for Taylor/Finn, I think it should be Faylor, or Filor, kinda sounds like failure, or filler, both of which would be true.**

• Like 9
  • Love 1

We were gone last week on vacation. When I turned the show on today, I unfortunately saw Brooke and Ridge kissing. It really made me sick. I just cannot watch these two anymore. And then there’s Liam and Hope and Steffy. Yet again.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Honestly, Hope kissing Thomas doesn't even register because of Liam's response. It shows that even though Liam is 100% right that Thomas hasn't changed one iota, neither has LIAM.

He is still the same, spoiled, insecure, needy, waffling man-child who seeks comfort elsewhere the second his relationship hits a snag. 

All of this. My God, would it have killed him to at least confront Hope first before slinking off to Steffy's arms? I mean, let's be real here: the reason Thomas was able to get into Hope's head all those years ago was because of his pattern of dipping out the minute anything gets too hard for him to handle. It was the reason Hope pushed him onto Steffy when she thought Beth died, even if TIIC refused to explicitly acknowledge that.

I'm here for him getting custody of Beth but as a husband, he's always sucked and TIIC propping Thomas doesn't change that.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

It was especially rude of Brooke and Ridge to hold up the plane when, clearly, Thomas has to get directly to the set of an a-ha video in the 80's when they land. I mean, he's already cutting the timing so close that he had to get into wardrobe and have his hair done before they left Rome. 

Today felt like they skipped airing an episode. At the end of Friday's show, Liam kisses Steffy in Rome, and at the start of Monday, he's back in L.A., and she's on the plane in Rome, not even aware of Liam having left.  And Hope was traipsing around Rome, hand in hand, with Thomas, and now she's on the plane, trotting out the Vegas tourism tagline without us ever seeing her have even a single moment to herself where she expresses any confusion or remorse about kissing another man. 

Other than his relationship with Flo, I've always liked Wyatt, and I love scenes wth any combination of Liam, Wyatt, and Bill. But, Wyatt/DB deserves more than just being Liam's talk-to. Let him explain to everyone that Flo left him at some point, and then give him some storyline. Let Liam be Wyatt's support system for a change. 

7 hours ago, MajesticMariposa said:

We've barely seen Thomas' POV throughout this whole storyline, which is fine, but it would be kind of nice to know what's going on.

I feel like there's two possible reasons for this. 1) Because Thomas's POV will show us that, once again, he's somehow been manipulating and orchestrating. And they somehow think that it will be a huge surprise to viewers when that's revealed. (Spoiler alert, writers, it will not be a shock.) 2) This isn't really about him, beyond the tongue baths the character has been getting for everyone. It's just about dirtying Hope up and trying to take away her moral high ground over Steffy (and Liam, but mostly Steffy's the one the writers are concerned about positioning as the show's moral center). 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I know there is a writers strike, but who have they hired as replacements? Yesterday's episode was so out of joint it was painful to watch. 

For me, two lines stand out:

Hope saying what happens in Rome stays in Rome? Really? They really went there? 

Steffy, daring to fix those magnificently jinormous lips to call Hope out about knowing about love and devotion. Yeah, Hope was naughty. Hope kissed a man not her husband. What is your record in that department Steffy? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
On 6/26/2023 at 10:57 AM, CountryGirl said:

VWS, @KerleyQ.

He has as checkered a past as Thomas, though for very different reasons:

- Proposes to Hope yet isn't sure he's ready for marriage so he fools around with Steffy at his own engagement party, gets busted, and then immediately puts the still-warm-from-Hope's-finger-ring on Steffy

- Marries Steffy in Aspen when Hope doesn't show because Steffy & Co have her trapped in a gondola

- He cheated on Ivy with a returned-to-town Steffy and was a prize shit for dumping Ivy at Aly's funeral

More recently, he cheated on Hope with Steffy because he thought Thomas kissed her only it was Hopequin.

I'm sure I'm leaving out several things but those are what come to mind in literally 30 seconds.

When Finn, the dull unless he's being held prisoner by his psycho bio-mom, Sheila doctor, is the only decent man seen on any kind of regular basis on canvas, this show has serious issues.

20 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Oh FFS, why didn’t Liam have a conversation with his wife instead of kissing Steffy and then flying back home? How did he get a commercial flight so fast when he couldn’t get one to get there? Now we have to watch him sit home and cry? No thanks.

15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

All of this. My God, would it have killed him to at least confront Hope first before slinking off to Steffy's arms? I mean, let's be real here: the reason Thomas was able to get into Hope's head all those years ago was because of his pattern of dipping out the minute anything gets too hard for him to handle. It was the reason Hope pushed him onto Steffy when she thought Beth died, even if TIIC refused to explicitly acknowledge that.

I'm here for him getting custody of Beth but as a husband, he's always sucked and TIIC propping Thomas doesn't change that.

I loathe Liam, and all of these posts are spot on.  It's always the same pattern with him.  He's with someone, but then there's some kind of misunderstanding, he refuses to simply ASK the person to clear up the misunderstanding, makes enormous ASSumptions, and goes running off to his ex to repeat the cycle all over again.  There's a reason why he's 35ish and been married like seven or eight times to only two (maybe three?  I think he married Ivy for a few minutes) women.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

So Hope kissing Thomas is the end of your marriage, Liam?

Not your fucking Steffy after Hopequin night? 

Not your kissing Steffy literally minutes after seeing Hope kiss Thomas?

His sitting there, all sad lion, makes me want to punch this waffling, hypocritical waste of space in the face. Or the nutsack. Probably both.

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

His sitting there, all sad lion, makes me want to punch this waffling, hypocritical waste of space in the face. Or the nutsack. Probably both.

Yes.  He ALWAYS has that look, it's his patented look.  I don't understand how this actor has won so many Emmys (then again, Jackie Wood is a crappy actor with multiple Emmys and might win again this year if they ever have the ceremony).  It's always this look of angst.

I'm right there with you, I usually abhor violence, but this guy deserves a strong kick in the nuts.

• Like 10
(edited)

Its too bad because I actually didn't mind single Brooke. It showed growth, for once. Now she is back to being intolerable. 

Why are RJ/Eric/Donna acting like Bridge haven't already reunited 447941654564163 times before. Nothing is special about it. Nothing is different about it Ridge.

Speaking of will they survive the inevitable Thomas/Hope kiss fallout. 

Thomas is getting no POV in this story. Being used for Lope angst.

Stfu Liam.

I am very confused about the kiss Liam gave Steffy. Did it happen or not. They didn't show an immediate reaction to it. Plus Steffy is acting like nothing happened. No guilty looks with Finn. Btw he remains the best partner on the show. And Liam the worst as usual. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

It's just about dirtying Hope up and trying to take away her moral high ground over Steffy (and Liam, but mostly Steffy's the one the writers are concerned about positioning as the show's moral center). 

Intresting method as they appear to be half-assing it so far. Hope is still several affairs(not that kissing Thomas wasn't fucked up but a far cry from sleeping/possibly getting pregnant by him)behind Liam & several affairs and two paternity tests behind Steffy in the morally comprised competition. So even though Lope imploded this shit was still a waste of time. Oh well figured as much... 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I love how the whole "one thing that can end our marriage" is only from Liam's point of view. Does he ever stop to think that, to Hope, Steffy is just as much of a no-go? How convenient for him that the only person who is an actual threat to their marriage is someone he wouldn't ever be involved with. Meanwhile, Steffy is "always right" and his BFF. 

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

Yes.  He ALWAYS has that look, it's his patented look.  I don't understand how this actor has won so many Emmys (then again, Jackie Wood is a crappy actor with multiple Emmys and might win again this year if they ever have the ceremony).  It's always this look of angst.

I'm right there with you, I usually abhor violence, but this guy deserves a strong kick in the nuts.

I think he's good when he gets good material, but with Liam in same old same old mode, he just goes into autopilot. (I thought he was really good in the Beth stories, both when they thought she died and when they were getting her back.) 

1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

Intresting method as they appear to be half-assing it so far. Hope is still several affairs(not that kissing Thomas wasn't fucked up but a far cry from sleeping/possibly getting pregnant by him)behind Liam & several affairs and two paternity tests behind Steffy in the morally comprised competition. So even though Lope imploded this shit was still a waste of time. Oh well figured as much... 

In this show, especially with the slanted writing now, every bad thing a Logan does is exponentially worse than any bad thing a Forrester does. I feel like that's why we're getting Liam constantly spouting that Hope doing anything with Thomas is the only thing that can break their marriage. They're hammering away at us to find two kisses (in one incident) to be the worst thing anyone has ever done to their spouse. 

• Like 6

And Steffy, for now, is keeping the kiss with Liam (and she did kiss him back a little vs immediately pulling away) from Finn.

People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. 

Is it because she thinks Finn will kick Liam's ass?

Or is she protecting herself?

Me thinks it's more the latter than the former.

Because Finn obviously knows about Hopequin night and her affair with Bill. Which he has hand-waved as the men's fault because it cannot be that your wife is a faithless ho. 

Elsewhere, Liam and his passive-aggressive BS is essentially gaslighting Hope right now after what he has done and what he literally just did? Him immediately running to Steffy after seeing the Thope kiss shows he hasn't learned one darn thing.

I'd love for her to go bang some strange like a screen door in a hurricane and take a page from big sister Bridget's book when she slept with Owen while married to Nick and tell Liam "You OWE me."

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I couldn’t figure out what Liam was doing with his crazy eyes today. He’s a grown man, allegedly, but acting like a love sick 14 year old kid. Stand up, tell your wife that you saw her kiss another man. Own it, big boy. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I can kind of get the initial impulse to kind of wait and see if your spouse comes into that conversation intending to admit what happened or not. Because that could play into whether it ends up being something you can get past - if your spouse confesses and is really upset and remorseful vs. if they just cover it all up and pretend everything is fine.  But, once it was clear that Hope was going to just put on a happy face and focus on the HFTF stuff and how much she missed her family, that's when Liam should have grown up and told her what he knows instead of playing word games with her. This whole story really illustrates that Liam has not matured a single bit in all this time. And, when all is said and done, Hope is going to have just as much to be angry with him about as he does with her. 

Taylor, shut up. Please. Just shut up. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6

For a minute there I thought we were going to be saddled with weeks of Liam moping and talking in riddles, but it seems not since Hope discovered the luggage. Was that left there for a reason? Is Liam that incapable of communicating? By the time Hope made the discovery, most spouses would have already moved onto the next round of questions and would be asking if the kiss progressed to anything else. Of course Liam will wail and point his finger at his wife, but he will never tell her he did the same thing just moments later. 

Steffy also conveniently left that piece of information out of her dialog to Finn. 

For fucks sake! Why not have a friggin parade to announce the reunion of Bridge. These people act like this is something new and fresh; something rootable. And Brooke, as much as I love her, is acting like a sixteen year old who got her boyfriend back, instead of a middle aged grandmother. It is so off putting. 

And speaking of no growth.......Taylor. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I can kind of get the initial impulse to kind of wait and see if your spouse comes into that conversation intending to admit what happened or not. Because that could play into whether it ends up being something you can get past - if your spouse confesses and is really upset and remorseful vs. if they just cover it all up and pretend everything is fine.  But, once it was clear that Hope was going to just put on a happy face and focus on the HFTF stuff and how much she missed her family, that's when Liam should have grown up and told her what he knows instead of playing word games with her. This whole story really illustrates that Liam has not matured a single bit in all this time. And, when all is said and done, Hope is going to have just as much to be angry with him about as he does with her. 

I agree that it'd be nice if your spouse would bring it up.  However, these two have played this game SO MANY TIMES before.  There's a reason why they play it so many times.  It's because Liam sucks donkey ass.  I get that this is a soap opera, but Bradley is writing Liam the same way he wrote Ronnnnnn Mosssss Ridge for years, ping ponging back and forth between two women for years.  It's insulting to the viewer that Bradley has presented the same tired storyline over and over.

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

For a minute there I thought we were going to be saddled with weeks of Liam moping and talking in riddles, but it seems not since Hope discovered the luggage. Was that left there for a reason? Is Liam that incapable of communicating? By the time Hope made the discovery, most spouses would have already moved onto the next round of questions and would be asking if the kiss progressed to anything else. Of course Liam will wail and point his finger at his wife, but he will never tell her he did the same thing just moments later. 

Of course he left it there on purpose, he's passive aggressive Liam, is there anything you need to tell me because you don't know that I know that you don't know that I know THE SECRETZ.

Liam truly doesn't deserve to be with anybody.  They should force him to take a permanent impotence pill and move out to a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

RJ needs a hair cut.

Imagine finding out your parents got back together because of a whole in the wall. 

Oh, joy Taylor&Brooke are back to tongue bathing Ridge. 🙄 

Just like Hope/Steffy always have to praise Liam.

Liam is such a tool. Just spit it out. I cant stand this man. 

Are we supposed to feel bad for him??? I dont even really like Hope and I am on her side. 

Hope, you weren't exactly discreet what do you think he saw. Use your brain. 

Steffy, just tell Finn the loser kissed you. Why is she so loyal to the asswipe. He didn't give a damn about her marriage or Finn. 😒

For a show that is only 30 mins long why prolong everything and show a million flashbacks from just last week. This really frustrates me about BB.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Not that I'm in his corner, but acting-wise, I give props to waffle-boy for letting Hope twist sloooowly in the wind.  That death glare he gave her at the end was hilarious.

RJ needs some new clothes.  I still think he's weird.

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

For a minute there I thought we were going to be saddled with weeks of Liam moping and talking in riddles, but it seems not since Hope discovered the luggage. Was that left there for a reason? Is Liam that incapable of communicating?

I feel like this pathetically inept writing is intentional at this point and I have no idea why anyone things this is compelling at all. At least with early B&B Ridge, you could see his motivations for the things he does: he cared about his father's happiness, and for this reason he was willing to marry Taylor and make that work, as one example.

I have no idea what, if anything, makes the guy tick or why he behaves like this. It made some sense when he was a young, dumb, horny 20 something who wanted a warm hole to stick his dick in, but for a man this close to forty? Who is supposedly happy in his relationship and who understandably believes Thomas is an actual danger to their children?

Why does NOTHING seems capable of putting a fire under this guy's ass?!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I kind of feel sorry for Hope, she does one bad thing and gets busted. I guess you shouldn't live your life as a parakeet of virtue.

This story would be much more compelling if it hadn't been so rushed. I still have whiplash from the Friday to Monday episodes. All those people kissing the wrong people on the Friday episode - Hope kissing Thomas, Liam kissing Steffy, Brooke kissing Sludge. What happened in Rome sure didn't stay in Rome, except for Steffy and Liam, and I sure hope there is an avalanche of fallout from that.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Steffy couldn't hold back that smile when she told Finn that it was Hope who kissed Liam. Then, it was like she remembered that she's supposed to be Saint Steffy, and she went back to her serious face and spouted that bullshit about how she had hoped she was wrong about Hope's feelings for Thomas. Bitch, please. Since Steffy has had her chance to tell Finn about Liam kissing her, and she didn't, I really want Hope to find out first and be the one to tell Finn. 

Then there are those Taylor/Ridge scenes. First, Taylor keeps saying that Brooke broke their pact and is acting like she's the one who was betrayed. Um, Taylor, you were in Ridge's office throwing yourself at him, begging him for another chance before Brooke decided to go for it with him. Taylor is so far up her own "saintly" ass that she has to lie to herself about Brooke being the one who broke it, because she's incapable of admitting she did it.

But then, at the end, there, she said that at least she didn't sleep with her daughter's husband.  Yeah, Faylor is happening. My guess: She's all heartbroken over Ridge, and Finn will likely soon find out about the Steam kiss. Taylor comes across him drowning his sorrows, probably at Deacon's restaurant. He doesn't want to go home, so she takes him back to her place to sober him up. The two of them vent about their respective heartbreaks, and they end up hooking up. 

Hope is really bad at this. The near hysterical "I don't want to talk about Rome anymore. I'm home, I want to focus on our family."  Did you really think that was going to work, Hope? And she was doing that thing that cheaters/liars do where it's clear the person knows what they did, but they still refuse to admit to anything until the other person spells out exactly what they know. It just makes you look like there is more shit out there for them to know, so you want to make sure you don't accidentally admit to something they didn't know about already. It was clear, when he was asking "who'd you go sightseeing with?" that Liam knew. But then, Liam, after he did the whole "repeat after me, I...kissed..." after it finally came out, my immediate reaction was "OK, now it's your turn, Liam. Repeat after me, I... kissed... Steffy." 

Are there substitute writers, and was this their first week?  That might explain the oddness of it all. Like how we went from Liam kissing Steffy and Hope and Thomas basically out on a date to Liam back home and the rest of them on the plane, with Hope telling Thomas that what happens in Rome is staying in Rome. That could have been the sub writers kind of clearing the decks to allow themselves to decide where everything is going. With the way everything is up in the air, they can reveal just about anything about both Steam and Thope. Steffy could have pushed Liam away and told him off for trying to ruin her marriage, or the two of them could have gone back to her room and hooked up. Thomas and Hope could have stuck to their sightseeing date and gone their separate ways to pack, or they could have gone back to one of their rooms and hooked up. 

I'd like to think that JMW is too far along in her pregnancy for them to start a WTD storyline for her again. But I don't have complete faith that we won't see a reveal that they hooked up in Rome and she's pregnant with her third WTD in five years. (Which would be hilarious, given all the dirt she slings at Brooke, but it would also be completely tedious.) 

My son has watched on and off for a few years, and he got all caught up today with what's been going on. He said "so, basically, they're writing fan service for absolutely nobody?" 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Steffy couldn't hold back that smile when she told Finn that it was Hope who kissed Liam. Then, it was like she remembered that she's supposed to be Saint Steffy, and she went back to her serious face and spouted that bullshit about how she had hoped she was wrong about Hope's feelings for Thomas. Bitch, please. Since Steffy has had her chance to tell Finn about Liam kissing her, and she didn't, I really want Hope to find out first and be the one to tell Finn. 

Then there are those Taylor/Ridge scenes. First, Taylor keeps saying that Brooke broke their pact and is acting like she's the one who was betrayed. Um, Taylor, you were in Ridge's office throwing yourself at him, begging him for another chance before Brooke decided to go for it with him. Taylor is so far up her own "saintly" ass that she has to lie to herself about Brooke being the one who broke it, because she's incapable of admitting she did it.

But then, at the end, there, she said that at least she didn't sleep with her daughter's husband.  Yeah, Faylor is happening. My guess: She's all heartbroken over Ridge, and Finn will likely soon find out about the Steam kiss. Taylor comes across him drowning his sorrows, probably at Deacon's restaurant. He doesn't want to go home, so she takes him back to her place to sober him up. The two of them vent about their respective heartbreaks, and they end up hooking up. 

Hope is really bad at this. The near hysterical "I don't want to talk about Rome anymore. I'm home, I want to focus on our family."  Did you really think that was going to work, Hope? And she was doing that thing that cheaters/liars do where it's clear the person knows what they did, but they still refuse to admit to anything until the other person spells out exactly what they know. It just makes you look like there is more shit out there for them to know, so you want to make sure you don't accidentally admit to something they didn't know about already. It was clear, when he was asking "who'd you go sightseeing with?" that Liam knew. But then, Liam, after he did the whole "repeat after me, I...kissed..." after it finally came out, my immediate reaction was "OK, now it's your turn, Liam. Repeat after me, I... kissed... Steffy." 

Are there substitute writers, and was this their first week?  That might explain the oddness of it all. Like how we went from Liam kissing Steffy and Hope and Thomas basically out on a date to Liam back home and the rest of them on the plane, with Hope telling Thomas that what happens in Rome is staying in Rome. That could have been the sub writers kind of clearing the decks to allow themselves to decide where everything is going. With the way everything is up in the air, they can reveal just about anything about both Steam and Thope. Steffy could have pushed Liam away and told him off for trying to ruin her marriage, or the two of them could have gone back to her room and hooked up. Thomas and Hope could have stuck to their sightseeing date and gone their separate ways to pack, or they could have gone back to one of their rooms and hooked up. 

I'd like to think that JMW is too far along in her pregnancy for them to start a WTD storyline for her again. But I don't have complete faith that we won't see a reveal that they hooked up in Rome and she's pregnant with her third WTD in five years. (Which would be hilarious, given all the dirt she slings at Brooke, but it would also be completely tedious.) 

My son has watched on and off for a few years, and he got all caught up today with what's been going on. He said "so, basically, they're writing fan service for absolutely nobody?" 

Oh,please let Faylor happen. I would be willing to forgive just about all of the shows current awfulness if the writer's finally destroy the myth of Saint Taylor in a way she couldn't possibly gaslight her way out of.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I still don’t understand why Liam returned home without talking to Hope. It’s one thing if he didn’t want to confront them in the moment and needed a minute to collect his thoughts, but to not go to her hotel and wait for her. (I get they were only in Italy 3 days for filming, but the hotel scene could have been shot in L.A.) After mannequin night he should have learned how important it is to talk to Hope and at least make sure he has his facts straight. For me, it’s the epitome of passive aggression to go home and wait for her to confess.  

• Like 15
  • Love 2
(edited)

Taylor is full of crap. How dare she insult Brooke to Ridge? She’s the one who turned on Brooke and tried to get Ridge back. Had she kept the pact, I don’t think Brooke would have gone back with him. 
How many days are we going to be tortured with Liam and Hope crying in the cabin? She kissed Thomas and that was wrong but he retaliated and kissed Steffy which was also wrong. Had he not kissed Steffy I might feel for him ever so slightly.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
(edited)

Agree, I don't see why the Liam/Hope conversation needed three episodes. Literally today was all about him getting her to admit she kissed Thomas and tomorrow we will have begging Hope.  After the Liam/Steffy kiss comes out I would love a scene where Hope lets loose on Liam for the YEARS of crap he has put her through, keeping Steffy in their lives and constant cheating.

Brooke told Hope that Liam is her destiny when she was 18 years old but Hope has outgrown Liam but thinks she should be with him.  Maybe Thomas isn't the one (and I love Thope) but it sure as heck ain't Liam the whiny man-child.

Lope is done, stick a fork in it...time to move on..

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 12
  • Applause 3

I'm already sick of the Rome Bridge flashbacks. 😒

Was it a single kiss Hope? you went back for seconds. 

Liam yelling in her face was eye rolling. I wish she would speak up more on his many betrayals. 

Steffy is annoying me. Just tell Finn Liam kissed you. Its just gonna blow up in your face eventually. IDK if she is lying to save more drama with Kelly's father figures or just plain old protecting douche face. 🙄

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I doubt Taylor and a brooks truce will last as everyone finds out about Hope kissing Thomas.

How dare that goofy waffle berate his wife??? After all the shit he’s put her through, she deserves a one time pass at the least.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1

I would drop a C-note, if Hope would wipe her tears, look Liam dead in the eye, & say “kissing really is a mortal, marital sin. As Thomas & I were strolling through Rome, hand-in-hand, I saw a couple, also on a balcony, in a passionate kiss. He could barely reach her, while his arms are shockingly muscular. she had an odd bag in front of her the whole time, & there was something hideous planted on her hair, but it was definitely a passionate kiss. They looked vaguely familiar, any idea who they were? Now, go unpack that bag, & fire up the grill, tit for tat, we’re staying put, because that’s what I want, & you owe me more than I owe you.”

However, I also wish she’d just toss his bag out the front door & say “this is my mom’s property, see yourself out.”

Taylor & Brooke, I just can’t.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Hope needs to remind Liam of his actual affair with Steffy that almost resulted in a baby.  Hope should have dumped him then, but she forgave in and he gets to take a high ground against her? 

Steffy keep lying to your hubby isn't making her any better than Hope. 

Good for Taylor for having the self respect she also should tell Ridge she deserves better. 

• Like 11
On 6/28/2023 at 3:32 PM, KerleyQ said:

But then, at the end, there, she said that at least she didn't sleep with her daughter's husband.

So I guess we're all supposed to forget that she his her fling with Rick for months, knowing Phoebe still had feelings for him, huh?

Interesting. And probably a set up for Tann, but TBH I'll take anything that isn't her pining for Ridge and Steffy is owed some karmic payback for everything she's done to people since 2010 so I'll take it.

4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Steffy keep lying to your hubby isn't making her any better than Hope. 

I remember when Liam, in one of the few instances where he took the initiative to speak up rather than let life force him into an action, told Steffy about his kiss with Sally. There was no hiding and I don't even remember him making too many excuses about it. Nor was he having flashback to said kiss over and over again.

When even the faithless wonder himself has more examples of personal integrity than your "heroine," you've got a huge problem.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 6/27/2023 at 7:36 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Petulant, passive-aggressive, gaslighting, spoiled Waffle-boy. So now, he is making Hope play "20 Questions" until she figures out what he's so upset about. Typical. What a loser ... 

The overacting was overdone today. 😄

Things I've learned on Bold..

Kissing someone is the same as having sex with them.

Removing your wedding band means you're one day away from divorce - AND - you're going to kiss someone else that day or the next day.

ORidge-inal Ridge had the qualities for two women to have eternal love for him and Ogre Ridge (I call him Shrek) has piggy backed on that since he arrived because I'll be gosh darned if I know what they see in him.

Donna is always curled around Eric or is never more than a whisper away from him, looking up at him.  She's the Michele Duggar of the soaps!

And don't forget that Finn is a handsome and hot husband.

I'd still like to speak to the hair and wig dept on that show.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

All I can say is I am glad Hope attempted to remind Liam about his indiscretions. Last time I checked you couldn't make a baby by kissing someone. 

Liam was so over the top; he can't trust Hope anymore, she doesn't have morals or integrity anymore. Liam should have just come out and told her that in his eyes she is now damaged goods. And in all honesty, I have to wonder how much of his vitriol is really because it was Thomas. I sort of think this is because Hope stepped out in general, and Liam's ego and pride are hurt because he didn't think Hope could ever desire another man since she has pledged herself to him and forgiven him all his transgressions. In Liam's mind, Hope was a lock, unlike Steffy, who got her panties in a pinch and screwed his father. When Liam was ranting and raving about how horrible Hope is, I was secretly hoping she would grab that suitcase and show his ass the door. 

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I hate when the cheater asks "can you forgive me?" when they are exposed. Like give the other person a chance to breathe before asking for stuff. I mean in general not just BB.

Liam sure is quick to want a divorce. 

I would throw a party if I was Hope. 👀 Free at last.

Liam, Hope has lived with for years of you having feelings for your ex. 🙄 Like clockwork he goes to Steffy. He is POS he didn't even wait like an hour before going to kiss her again. Is he supposed to be the victim here and or at all routable????? 😑 

The absurdity of Hope telling her brother that she kissed his brother. 🤣

I'm not here for Finn being disrespected by Liam and Steffy. She really is an idiot when it comes to Liam. She has a great and LOYAL guy with Finn. Why even think of ruining it for a guy who never respects anyone women he is with. 😒

• Like 13

I was actually on Liam's side up until the moment he decided to kiss Steffy. I'll give Steffy the benefit of the doubt for now. She was being a friend and Liam definitely took her by surprise with that kiss (same as in Rome).

I know you're mad at your wife, Liam, but that doesn't mean you get to go and mess with Steffy's marriage. She's happy with Finn, sorry!

That said, let's see what Steffy does on Monday...😏

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1