Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

While I loved the Brooke/Eric scenes, flashbacks included, it is truly ridiculous to see Brooke back to self-flagellating and spouting the same revisionist history her haters have crowed about for years.

You need to figure out who you ARE, Brooke? Well, take a seat and let me tell you.

You are a loving, giving, supporting mother, aunt, sister, and friend. You are a sexy, inventive, romantic lover. You are an intelligent, savvy business woman with the education and experience to helm any business anywhere on the planet. You are wonderfully flawed and relate-able unlike a certain Plastic quack and SourPuss sister.

For her to think otherwise is just downright BS.Of course, I'm an unabashedly Brookie and my bias clearly shows. ;-P

WTF was Katie thinking, letting Will play with a coin and laughing about it?

I was shaking my head at that as well as Katie cozying up to Bill, telling herself that he's so much better and different AWAY from Brooke. No, you stupid, deluded little twit, he's different BECAUSE of Brooke. He can co-parent with Katie and co-exist and be comfortable not because he's still in wuv with Katie but because Brooke has allowed him to see how it's better for Will if they get along. But ego-kibble-addict Katie is just lapping up the change in him and thinking it's because of her.

Guess her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard?

Puh-lease.

Bill is playing nice because of Will and I think we can all agree that Katie is much more pleasant in the presence of her son and when she's trolling for more attention.

Plus, when she's with Bill, like this, she sees how very clearly she threw the best thing to ever happen to her away though she would never admit that. She could have a strong, confident, takes no prisoners man who is yes, brash and ballsy and sometimes an asshole. Bill vs the waffling, mama's boy who can't draw who is daily putting his hands on a girl young enough to be his daughter yet can only be bothered to put a string on it where their engagement is concerned.

But in that pea-brain of hers, she is still trying to convince herself Smidge is so perfect and if she can have both men panting after her, that's fine and dandy. I'm sure if she knew Deacon were sniffing around Brooke, she'd be after him as well.

Because it honestly doesn't matter who Katie is with, in her eyes, so long as Brooke is alone and miserable.

Dare I say it, I kinda like Quinncon.

I don't want them messing with Brooke and Bill but Bill can easily squash that noise.

But they do have chemistry and it sure beats the kiddie pool, Bambi Doe Eyes, and Smidge and his sad tale of "I can't drawwww" woes.

• Love 6

Just not feeling the love for TK as Ridge.  I've tried, but  -- and I thought I'd never say this -- He's no RM (ducking).  I keep imaging how RM would play the 'can't draw' SL. Real anger -- not just pencil snapping, but maybe trashing his office, acting out, etc --. coupled with frustration and despair.

Because what and who is Ridge really if he can't draw and design? It's defined him for his entire career at FC -- personally and professionally.  What if it was gone? Who is Ridge if he isn't a designer?

That's the SL I'd like to see -- Ridge figuring out who he really is and who he can become.  Not this creepy hand-holding drawing he's doing with Caroline. It's just so..... skeevy/ pervy/ icky.  He looks downright lecherous when doing it. He's getting off on Caroline's worship of him/ his talent because it convinces him he's still got it. 

And TK is playing it as if he's perfectly willing to let Caroline design (once he's taught her what she needs to know) and then take the complete credit. And Caroline is acting as if she'd let him because the "great international fashion designer" Ridge has deigned to be interested in her talent.

Imagine that SL -- "Ridge's" new collection is revealed to be all Caroline's work by??? -- Maya? Katie? Rick?. Think of the ramifications within FC and the fashion world. Soapy goodness all around

• Love 6

Ha!  I think it's interesting to read everyone's different takes because I usually come away with a different feeling after I watch a scene with Katie.

At no point did I think that Katie was suggesting that Bill being in her orbit is making him more agreeable.  She already told him that it still tugged at her a little to know that he was with her sister and that there is less tension between them when he's not with her.  Which, again, still makes sense to me because everything between those three people is messy and it's been messy for well over a year.

And Katie didn't let him play with a coin.  He picked it up without her knowledge, when she saw what it was, she took it from him and she laughed at the fact that he didn't want to let money go, just like his dad.  But she also clearly said that it wasn't a toy.

• Love 3

RJ is certainly not a toddler, and I think it would be harder for him, because he isn't too young to understand. But who cares about him right? That is Brooke's son, and not worth worrying about.

Really?  I don't think I've heard anyone mention an RJ in the last 2 months.  Where is he?

I did dip a little into Wikipedia but stopped when I read about Brooke being married to Eric and then Ridge. Ick.  And yet, it didn't seem that bad with the flashbacks.  Sister/brother-swapping is gross enough, I probably would have not watched if I'd known in advance about Brooke/Eric.

ETA: Katie had ten times more chemistry with Bill than I've ever seen with Ridge. (And I didn't even know they had a kid together.)

Edited by tessaray

All through the Wyatt/Hope scenes, I was thinking that the one question Wyatt really wants to refrain from asking here is "oh, honey, are you crying because you're as happy as I am about this baby, or because this baby means you can't divorce me to be with my brother?"  

• Love 4

I think I might prefer watching a half hour of the little guy playing basketball than what they usually give us. 

Or maybe a half hour of Bill slapping that ventriloquist dummy on the back.

Chickenhead was so pleased to have an anchor baby.

I recently watched Blue Mountain State and i'm happy to say that I genuinely enjoyed Darrin Brooks in his role there, so now I know for sure it's just the Wyatt character I dislike. 

Does anyone else think Quinn is somehow going to accidentally cause Hope to tock?

• Love 2

I recently watched Blue Mountain State and i'm happy to say that I genuinely enjoyed Darrin Brooks in his role there, so now I know for sure it's just the Wyatt character I dislike.

Did he whistle his dialogue in that film like he does on B&B? Inquiring minds want to know...

Tock?

Miscarry - or something similar.  Soaps rarely have 2 live births in a row. They often alternate - tick, tock...  

Does anyone else think Quinn is somehow going to accidentally cause Hope to tock?

I could see hate overcoming her obsessive need to arrange Wyatt's life if Quinn found out it's Liam's.  But accidents happen, too.

Edited by tessaray

I found yesterday's show annoying. I was annoyed as I watched Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum discussing H/L/W. Enough already. I was annoyed as I watched Katie scream and grab her face as her son was choking, instead of grabbing the closest phone and calling 911 herself. Why wait for Brooke to arrive? I was annoyed as I watched Liam call Hope for no other reason but to remind her how unhappy she is. I was annoyed as I listened to Brooke talking to Katie, and was particularly annoyed when she used the dreaded "S" word. How is it possible to steal a person? I don't recall Brooke dragging Bill off in chains and shackles. I guess Bill wasn't involved in the decision making process at all. I was annoyed as I watched Brooke telling Katie she was "removing" herself from the equation. Really? I'm sorry, but if Katie and Bill are going to work, and can find their way back to each other, then that should be able to happen based on their feelings; their love for each other. Brooke's presence should not even come into play. I am annoyed that all the focus is on Will, and nobody is giving RJ a first thought, much less a second. Will is an infant, and won't remember any of this. RJ, OTOH, is old enough to understand, and has just come back to the states after spending a year in Paris, and was promptly shunted off to private school. Now after just getting his feet under him, his mom is leaving? 

Ivy looked really beautiful yesterday; dark colors suit her well. And I loved the necklace she was wearing. 

I couldn't help myself.....I found myself smiling as Hope broke the news to Wyatt. Poor besotted Fooler.

Little Will is a scene stealer; such a cutie!

• Love 8

RJ, OTOH, is old enough to understand, and has just come back to the states after spending a year in Paris, and was promptly shunted off to private school. Now after just getting his feet under him, his mom is leaving? 

Hopefully there's at least a throw-away line where Brooke says she'll be taking RJ with her.  But then again it would mean the poor kid would be stuck going to yet another school.  No matter what, he can't win :(

I think she'll do it deliberately if she somehow finds out it's Liam's kid. Then the next tragedy will be that Hope supposedly can't ever have children because of the "accident". Frankly, I was surprised Hope told Wyatt because I figured she wait to see if she might have an early miscarriage. Then she'd be free to get her marriage annulled and return to her one twu luv.

• Love 3

Yesterday was the first time in a very long time that I actually liked Brooke. It was good to hear her take some responsibility for sleeping with her sick sister's husband and have a clue that marrying the type of man who would sleep with his sick wife's sister might not be a great plan. Yeah, yeah it was all Katie's fault they had to bang, blah blah. Katie encouraged them to spend time together but I doubt she was thinking they'd be spending that time together naked. I do think Brooke encouraging Katie to give it a shot with Bill and taking herself out of the equation was all kinds of bad advice tied up in conceit but that's Brooke to a tee. IMO

I got nothing on the Dope Mess but I liked seeing Ivy.

• Love 3

Brooke's self-analysis has been off these last couple episodes.  First, she said she's always craved attention, which is not at all accurate.  When she was the model for Brooke's Bedroom, sure, she enjoyed that attention but her pathological craving has always been for love.  She desperately needed Ridge's and Stephanie's love and, to a lesser, extent, the love of the other men in her life.  That's where her problems truly lie.

And, yesterday, the whole "removing myself from the equation"?  As RunTheTable said, that should have no effect on the feelings, such as they are, that Bill and Katie might have for one another.  And I'm far from a Brooke apologist but she didn't steal Bill.  You can't steal another person.  She did, however, take advantage of a situation that should have been left to resolve on its own.  

On of the only in-character moments Brooke's had recently was going to her Number One Enabler Eric so he could tell her how wonderful she is and that she should always follow her heart.  The idea that Eric can still see Brooke with rose-colored glasses after she cheated on him with his son and broke their daughter's heart by sleeping with her husban is truly beyond me.

• Love 5

Did he whistle his dialogue in that film like he does on B&B? Inquiring minds want to know...

Ha!  The whistling thing is less noticeable there.  He actually seems toned down even though this is a raunchy comedy show, some of the bird faces do make an appearance however.

FRED WILLARD !

Fred Willard vs Charlie !

Fred Willard likes Pam !

Sorry, I kind of enjoy Fred Willard.

If I were Liam there would be no waffling between Ivy and Dope. (Even if Ivy's father wasn't Fred F'n Willard.)

• Love 4

What cracked me up was the information that Ivy has apparently been writing to her father about Liam.  Oh, Ivy, honey, you've been on one pseudo-date with the guy and you know he's in love with someone else.  That is not something you write home to Daddy about.  

• Love 5
FRED WILLARD !

I KNOW RIGHT HOW COOL WAS FRED WILLARD AND JOHN MCCOOK AND ALLEY MILLS AND DICK CHRISTIE BUT WHAT WAS WITH ALL THE YELLING??? Is Fred Willard deaf? I don't remember him yelling quite as much on Modern Family as he was today. Maybe John is just a yeller? I don't know. 

I'm glad it has now been cleared up in-show that John is Eric's older brother; the press releases all said he was his younger brother, which is just impossible.

Before they started SORASing characters timelines were sacred.  There were many years of Stephanie saying "For seven (or whatever number was applicable) years you've been ...."  No other show did that, it added a sense of credibility to an incredible medium.

I watched an old scene the other day between Stephanie & Eric and Stephanie actually said "Brooke's been trying to marry Ridge for seven years now, if it was meant to be it would've happened by now," etc., and I was like, "Wow. Someone's been paying attention!" I guess it's easier to keep track when the numbers are single digits...

I think I might prefer watching a half hour of the little guy playing basketball than what they usually give us.

Me too. Today when he was playing with toys on the coffee table while Katie was stuck in a Batie flashback, singing his own song to himself, I melted. I'm so clucky these days it's driving me bonkers.

The idea that Eric can still see Brooke with rose-colored glasses after she cheated on him with his son and broke their daughter's heart by sleeping with her husband is truly beyond me.

But didn't you hear him say the other day about following one's heart, and if you don't fulfill your heart's desires you die a little bit inside?!? Consequences be damned!!! I can get with Eric forgiving Brooke for the Ridge thing because they've always had this "bond", and getting involved with her at the time was a "mistake", blah blah, but betraying their daughter, when Eric is a character focused strongly on "family", should be a big deal, and I too am miffed that it's not. Eric's not hot on Bill (shame!) - why? Instead of just saying to her, "Well you love him so I guess that's cool", he should have listed all the reasons why people don't like Bill and why people would think marrying him is a bad idea, and then if that doesn't talk Brooke out of it then he can give her his blessing, such as it was. But anyway, I guess it's a moot point now. He forgave Stephanie for a lot of heinous stuff, too. 

Ha!  I think it's interesting to read everyone's different takes because I usually come away with a different feeling after I watch a scene with Katie.

One time when he got involved in a Twitter argument, Scott Clifton said that soap operas are like Rorschach tests; everyone takes something different out of the same show. It's so true. Everyone has their favourite characters and the biases that come with that, different life experiences, different expectations of what the show should be against what it is, etc. And I love that. I especially love that this forum, against all other fan-run forums, gives everyone the space to give their opinion, and we are all mature enough to respond to those opinions respectfully. You want to call Eric a dirty old man? Go ahead, I don't mind; that's your opinion. Well okay, it's actually true, but you get what I'm saying.

P.S.: If anyone is interested, here's an interview with JMC and Hunter Tylo on Dutch television talking about the show, what's like to work on a soap these days, storylines, etc. It's not all in Dutch, either, they do ask them questions in English.

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 8

Brooke's self-analysis has been off these last couple episodes.  First, she said she's always craved attention, which is not at all accurate.  When she was the model for Brooke's Bedroom, sure, she enjoyed that attention but her pathological craving has always been for love.  She desperately needed Ridge's and Stephanie's love and, to a lesser, extent, the love of the other men in her life.  That's where her problems truly lie.

And, yesterday, the whole "removing myself from the equation"?  As RunTheTable said, that should have no effect on the feelings, such as they are, that Bill and Katie might have for one another.  And I'm far from a Brooke apologist but she didn't steal Bill.  You can't steal another person.  She did, however, take advantage of a situation that should have been left to resolve on its own.  

It's the equivalent of implanting false memories in a child or adult undergoing hypnosis.  I think it's perfectly sane for Brooke to wonder why she would want to be with a man who would bed his wife's sister.  However, that bit of logic is quite faulty when one considers that she has spent two decades trying to be with a man who (a) "plowed" his brothers' and father's heifers; (b) who stuck his tongue down her daughter's throat when he realized that they didn't share DNA; © who physically attacked her son more than once; (d) who betrayed her numerous times with other women; (e) who betrayed her more than once in business; (f) who shamelessly used one sister to sabotage her marriage to someone else; (e) is currently engaged to and bedding the other one despite knowing that she faked a heart attack to stop his nuptials; (f) who wore an invisible umbilical cord that only disappeared after his mother died; and (g) who sexually assaulted her while she was zonked out on Xanax and then gloated to her fiance that she loved it.  

Dare I hope that Brooke will never allow Ridge near her again?  Or, is the thrill gone now that Stephanie isn't alive to scream that Brooke "stole" her precious son from her?  I've always wondered why those words alone didn't cause the women in Ridge's life to run screaming into the night as far away from that incestuous duo as possible.  But, I digress.

One time when he got involved in a Twitter argument, Scott Clifton said that soap operas are like Rorschach tests; everyone takes something different out of the same show. It's so true. Everyone has their favourite characters and the biases that come with that, different life experiences, different expectations of what the show should be against what it is, etc. And I love that. I especially love that this forum, against all other fan-run forums, gives everyone the space to give their opinion, and we are all mature enough to respond to those opinions respectfully. You want to call Eric a dirty old man? Go ahead, I don't mind; that's your opinion. Well okay, it's actually true, but you get what I'm saying.

So much WORD to this, St3phForrester!  Next to The New York Times site, this forum is one of the best moderated sites that I have been able to post on.  It's a relief to be able to say something positive about a polarizing character like Brooke and admit that I loved her from day one and not be attacked for it.  Even when people disagree, they do so in a respectful manner.  Even if I disagree with another viewer's take on something, their opposing opinion is rendered in such a thought-provoking way that it makes me step back and recognize the validity of the points that are being made.  When I'm mistaken, I'm corrected in a way that doesn't belittle me.  It's a relief to post somewhere without being driven off by trolls with an agenda or being besieged by petitions to get rid of someone.  How refreshing!  One of the worst experiences I had was on a site a few years ago where the administrator censored all discussion about Ridge's aggravated sexual assault of Brooke.  

Before closing, I just want to give a shout out to everyone here.  You all have been great and your snark keeps me laughing for hours!

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 16
It's a relief to post somewhere without being driven off by trolls with an agenda or being besieged by petitions to get rid of someone.  How refreshing!

I agree but one huge difference between Previously TV and TWOP is that TWOP had disabled its "ignore" function. I think that function is probably being used here a lot more than people may realize and its use may be affecting the tenor of some discussions.

who sexually assaulted her while she was zonked out on Xanax and then gloated to her fiance that she loved it.

Ugh, that's beyond disgusting. How did this character Ridge ever develop to being considered a romantic lead?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

I agree but one huge difference between Previously TV and TWOP is that TWOP had disabled its "ignore" function. I think that function is probably being used here a lot more than people may realize and its use may be affecting the tenor of some conversations

I don't think that's it, either, since a majority of the posters here came over from TWoP, which had far stricter rules.

I have noticed it's gotten calmer in recent weeks, though, and for that I am grateful for.

Back to the topic: that shit Ridge pulled on Brooke wasn't even the first time he had done that, IIRC. Didn't he slerp with Caroline when she thought he was Thorne? Liam is just as big of a waffle as he, but at least he's not a sexual predator.

Back to the topic: that shit Ridge pulled on Brooke wasn't even the first time he had done that, IIRC. Didn't he slerp with Caroline when she thought he was Thorne? Liam is just as big of a waffle as he, but at least he's not a sexual predator.

An emphatic YES!  IIRC, when Ridge revealed what he had done to Brooke, Stephanie alluded to the incident with Caroline to remind him that taking advantage of impaired women was not a one-time event for him.  The foursome of Ridge, Brooke, Caroline and Thorne had some kind of celebration for Caroline's new magazine, Eye on Fashion and the party ended up back at the Forrester mansion by the pool.  Ridge and Caroline had quite a bit to drink that night, but Brooke was sober enough to drive home.  Later that evening, Ridge crawled into bed with Caroline as a "prank" while poor Thorne was downstairs fixing himself a sandwich.  We joked for years that had to have been some sandwich if Ridge could jump into bed with Caroline and have his way with her before Thorne found his way back upstairs.  Ridge claimed that he thought he and Caroline would have a laugh about it "as they always did" and that he would slip out with Thorne none the wiser.  Except Caroline thought she was in bed with Thorne and ended up having sex with Ridge instead.  I remember Caroline was so devastated by what happened that packed a bag and was determined to move out of the Forrester mansion.  When Thorne overheard his parents talking about it, he got a hold of Stephanie's gun and shot Ridge in the head.

The writers prettied it up later by having Caroline claim that she "knew" it was Ridge all along.

• Love 1

I have to echo everybody's sentiments about how COOL this site is! I feel relaxed when I post and not that I have to sweat blood and tears over every word as not to offend somebody or risk getting kicked off.

A few comments about this week's events:

Hasn't Brooke gone through an "epiphany" several times in the past? I know that she did after Hope was born and also after the Boink-Berry debacle. Let's see how long this one lasts...

If Katie had taken a child CPR class, then why did she stand there screaming hysterically for Bill to "make him breathe" and for Brooke to call 911? I'm surprised she didn't keel over with cardiac arrest! Good grief, woman. Calm down. If I were Bill, I'd be looking sideways and wondering if Katie is capable of being alone with anything that breathes. Watch the plants and hopefully there won't be any little Fidos in Will's future.

Is Fred Willard's background in live theatre? I wondered because he surely can project his voice. I thought it was either poor sound management or he's hard of hearing. I'm all for a Charlie/Pam/John triangle. That would certainly be more interesting then the junior varsity league.

It's touching that Ivy has been confiding in her father about Sad Waffles. About what, exactly?

Loved Hope telling Quinn, "Huff, puff and I'll blow your house down." Yeah, right.

Lastly, as I watch the older episodes, I've noticed (and appreciated) the dearth of montages and flashbacks. Yes, there were a few, but not the daily saturation like we're getting. Makes me lament how much this show has headed down hill.

• Love 1

I especially love that this forum, against all other fan-run forums, gives everyone the space to give their opinion, and we are all mature enough to respond to those opinions respectfully.

Yep! This is the only place I feel comfortable embracing my Wyatt love, even though I know a lot of people don't like him.

Liam is just as big of a waffle as he, but at least he's not a sexual predator.

True. I like Liam when he is being funny or lighthearted or snarky. Put him with Hope and he becomes a morose mope.

• Love 1

Is Fred Willard's background in live theatre? I wondered because he surely can project his voice. I thought it was either poor sound management or he's hard of hearing.

My vote goes to "hard of hearing" from that Spinal Tap concert on the Air Force base :)

• Love 4

Is Quinn really surprised that Hope is saying she wants her out of their baby's life?  Did she really think that she was going to come over and they'd bond over her pregnancy and all would be forgotten?  

I so badly want Ivy to want more for herself than cajoling Liam into a date and all, but, I realize there are only 3 guys in her age range in town and two are already taken.  If only L.A. wasn't such a small town...

• Love 7

Is Quinn really surprised that Hope is saying she wants her out of their baby's life?  Did she really think that she was going to come over and they'd bond over her pregnancy and all would be forgotten?

Of course she is surprised.  None of her actions have had any consequences, why should this be any different?  

• Love 9

Hasn't Brooke gone through an "epiphany" several times in the past? I know that she did after Hope was born and also after the Boink-Berry debacle. Let's see how long this one lasts...

But, wait...didn't she also have a Batie-related and life-altering epiphany during a spectacularly drunken crying jag when she found out that Kringe were a  couple?  It started with the realization that she had been played, to Ridge telling her "Katie and I are together now," to consuming copious amounts of booze, to ending up at Eric's mansion and her brilliant soliloquy with Stephanie's portrait.  That's the overall problem I've had with these epiphanies.  They're usually redundant and usually involve no reciprocation from the other parties who have done their own fair share of fucking people over.

Unless Brooke owns stock in Visine or Clear Eyes, I don't get it.

Is Quinn really surprised that Hope is saying she wants her out of their baby's life?  Did she really think that she was going to come over and they'd bond over her pregnancy and all would be forgotten?  

Oh, Hope, you silly child!  Ask your mother how easy it is to rid one's self of a batshit crazy grandmother's influence--especially when the husband doesn't fully cooperate with that edict because his mother is "misunderstood" and is "really a good person who made a mistake."  Or, better yet, get in touch with some of your counterparts in Genoa City and ask them how they managed to allow Grambo to be in their children's lives.  

All Hope did was tip her hand way too soon and poke the crazy.  If Quinn doesn't try to get rid of the baby in utero, then she will try to get custody of little Tick later so that she and Wynutt can raise the kid together--like a couple.  Again, Hope.  Ask your mother about that last custody battle with her mother-in-law, who decided she wanted to raise you and RJ with Ridge--as if they were a couple.

• Love 4

is currently engaged to and bedding the other one despite knowing that she faked a heart attack to stop his nuptials

Thanks for reminding me...I (as well as the other characters, apparently) completely forgot little miss righteous pulled that stunt.

• Love 1
Joi, as a Mod I don't ignore anyone and for this thread, at least for now it's true. We haven't had a recent problem with trolls or disrespect. It's refreshing.

To clarify, by "here" I wasn't referring to this specific thread but to the forum in general.

The thing that amazes me about Brooke is how fcuking huge her ego is. She actually seems to believe that whatever she chooses to do or not do should determine the path of other people's lives.

Now it's one thing if people do indeed react to her behavior in the way she wants them to, for their own reasons. However, for her to think that either "removing myself from the equation" or pigheadedly pursuing her "destiny"--often to the detriment of people she purports to love--should somehow be recognized as her painful duty (because she's of course a superior being compared to her puny family members and potential lovers) is mind-boggling to me. How does she fit through doors with that massive head of hers?

• Love 1

To be fair to Brooke, she's really just pulling a more upfront version of how Katie threw them together in the first place - leave town and let them bond over Will.  All she needs to do now is arrange a hot air balloon ride for Bill and Katie in her absence. 

• Love 3

We joked for years that had to have been some sandwich if Ridge could jump into bed with Caroline and have his way with her before Thorne found his way back upstairs.

He was making a "Dagwood" Did I just show my age?

I agree with everyone on the civility of this forum, however I will fight anyone who doesn't like Fred Willard. ;)  

Was Bill's hair more unnaturally black than usual today ? It was almost Ron Moss black.

To paraphrase the great Kathy Bates.. "The chickens are coming home to roost Hope. You gonna reap the fruit of your selfish ways."

• Love 2

I am surprised that Brooke is leaving town when her young, immature daughter is having her first child. Not that I wouldn't want to get away from Hope, mind you...

I'll say this, Rena Sofer is good at giving off the crazy vibes. Quinn was practically radioactive with insanity as Hope pretended to be an assertive woman with her.

The reaction shots of a jealous Charlie were comedy gold. Nice to see some smiling faces on this show!

• Love 3

I found Quinn calmly explaining that Hope was upsetting her was scary and awesome.  Rena Sofer is selling the crazy in such an entertaining way.  So, I'm guessing Quinn's mission will now be how to break up Hope and Wyatt while giving her son full custody of her grandchild.  Hope is being naive if she thinks just telling Quinn to stay away will be enough. 

Hope really should have looked up dirt on Quinn or something to gain leverage over her because anything else will just send Quinn gunning for her.  Hope should just quietly go along with Quinn while secretly coming up with a plan to force her to keep her distance.  You don't poke the scary tiger with a stick.  Hope should avoid taking Quinn on directly and use more underhanded tactics.

I just started watching the show over the summer and so a lot of the history is unknown to me.  It's been entertaining and helpful lurking in this thread.

I like Ivy and hate that she's just an appendage to Liam.  I don't know why Ivy/Liam can't be a nice slow burn.  I wish Aly and Ivy would have conversations that weren't Liamcentric occasionally.    I like Ivy/Liam but I just want a more laid back friends who slowly fall for each other story.  Why can't Ivy be the free single girl going on dates who eventually falls for Liam instead of her insta crush to the point where he's her only topic of conversation?   I don't like how one sided it is, although Liam does seem attracted to her she's the one making all the effort to get them together.

I think the actress who plays Ivy has a nice quality and her friendship with Aly could be fun to watch if they were allowed to have more interests than Liam.

• Love 2

I like Ivy and hate that she's just an appendage to Liam.  I don't know why Ivy/Liam can't be a nice slow burn.

I don't know why nothing can't be a slow burn anymore. This shit with Dope's spawn has played out over what, three weeks? Brooke and Taylor both had similar stories that played out over months or even years and weren't so completely telegraphed. This is beyond ludicrous speed....it's ATWT six months out from cancelation speed, where whole arcs went from beginning to end in the eight weeks I was in basic traning and had no lasting effect to the overall story. Bradley Bell may be a hack, but he's certainly better than Jean Passanante or JFP.

• Love 3

My vote goes to "hard of hearing" from that Spinal Tap concert on the Air Force base :)

LOL! That statement and the fact that it's the 30th anniversary of ST, compelled me watch that movie this evening! Plus, it was $1.99 on TimeWarner. It's even funnier after all of this time.

I'll say this, Rena Sofer is good at giving off the crazy vibes. Quinn was practically radioactive with insanity as Hope pretended to be an assertive woman with her.

The reaction shots of a jealous Charlie were comedy gold. Nice to see some smiling faces on this show!

Hope is about as menacing as a toothless chihuahua. I dare say that Quinn is starting to catch up to Sheila Carter. Mama Quinn is going to shred precious princess like newspaper.

I'm going to piss some people off, but I'm not liking John Forrester too well. He comes across as a smarmy, snake-oil-salesman type. I was particularly irritated when he intimated to Eric that Pam should realize that he's a married man and not flirt with him. EXCUSE ME???? Pot meet kettle.

BTW, why doesn't he speak with an Aussie accent, but his daughter does?  At least they threw a nod to Maggie.

• Love 1
I'm going to piss some people off, but I'm not liking John Forrester too well. He comes across as a smarmy, snake-oil-salesman type.

I think that's the idea. 

BTW, why doesn't he speak with an Aussie accent, but his daughter does?  At least they threw a nod to Maggie.

John's not Australian, he's American; he would have grown up with Eric and their parents before leaving the States and travelling around the world selling his dud inventions. I imagine he wouldn't stay anywhere too long to pick up the local inflection. Ivy would be born-and-bred Australian, living with her Aussie mother while Dad's off to parts unknown. It's possible that Ivy was conceived and born while John was still married to Maggie - they divorce around 1994-1995; Ashleigh Brewer was 4 years old. Not that timelines matter anymore on this show, but it's an interesting thought. Maybe that was the trouble John & Maggie were having when Jessica came to stay?

• Love 2
To be fair to Brooke, she's really just pulling a more upfront version of how Katie threw them together in the first place - leave town and let them bond over Will.  All she needs to do now is arrange a hot air balloon ride for Bill and Katie in her absence.

True but Katie's behavior could at least be explained by postpartum depression. What's Brooke's excuse?

• Love 3

True but Katie's behavior could at least be explained by postpartum depression. What's Brooke's excuse?

As someone said earlier, Brooke, and most other characters to a lesser extent, always has some big aha moment that ultimately leads nowhere. Hope's birth was supposed to be one on those times, but the writers have her panting behind Nick less than three years later after he moved on to Bridget. Then she finally get Ridge to stop waffling, only to take the first excuse to drop him to chase after a still unavailable Nick. No doubt she'll start sniffing behind Bill again if he were to reunite with SourPuss.

• Love 2

You are a loving, giving, supporting mother, aunt, sister, and friend. You are a sexy, inventive, romantic lover. You are an intelligent, savvy business woman with the education and experience to helm any business anywhere on the planet. You are wonderfully flawed and relate-able unlike a certain Plastic quack and SourPuss sister.

Yes to all of this!

I have to say thanks to this wonderful forum and you fabulous posters, for keeping me abreast of what's happening on B&B, I had a temporary change in my work schedule and haven't been able to watch. I used to watch on my lunch every day, so I've missed out for the last month. I'll be able to pick things up again the week after next. To be honest, reading the posts here are more entertaining than watching the show most of the times, the humor and insight from the posters here are highly entertaining.

Since there has been a lot of Brook/KKL discussion here due to her hiatus, I wanted to chime in by saying that when I first started watching this show over 20(!) years ago as a teen, I was all about Team Moral, and adored Hunter Tylo's character Taylor. I had such a girl crush on her, and I definitely thought of Brook and the devil ho of the show. Man, I had strong feelings about that, you could tell me nothing bad about Taylor, and I couldn't understand why Ridge had such a hard time choosing when the obvious choice was beautiful, virtuous Dr. Hayes!

And when Brook and Deacon had the affair that produced Hope, Brook definitely became a unredeemable trollop! I could see no redemption for this character, despite all of her wonderful accomplishments.

Now that I am older and wiser and have had a few hard knocks and have made my own mistakes, I can appreciate the character of Brook now. I pick on KKL from time to time but I do think she has done a great job with this role. The me of 2014 would roll my eyes at Taylor and Stephanie Sr.'s claims of virtue and respectability. Time certainly does put things in a a different perspective!

Sorry for any typos, I been drinkin', I been drinkin!

• Love 10

I saw Friday's epi after about a month of not watching. Boy, was I disappointed to see Brooke trying to push Bill back to Sourpuss. I'm glad Bill said he wasn't stolen property. I did enjoy Quinn directing her wrath towards Dope. Hey, Dope, ever heard the old saying "Marry in haste, repent at leisure"?

• Love 4

P-Fat, I concur about Brooke...I started watching the same time you did, and loathed her when she went after Thorne. Her whole "follow my heart/destiny" routine has long since past its shelf life but hearing Taylor throw Breacon and slerping through the Forresters in Brooke's face as her own daughter lays in the ground indirectly because of her fling with Rick and dating/sleeping with the Forrester AND Logan men grates even more.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

I saw Friday's epi after about a month of not watching. Boy, was I disappointed to see Brooke trying to push Bill back to Sourpuss. I'm glad Bill said he wasn't stolen property. I did enjoy Quinn directing her wrath towards Dope. Hey, Dope, ever heard the old saying "Marry in haste, repent at leisure"?

That whole Bill and Katie thing has come out of the blue but I guess they had to come up with something to get Brooke off screen while leaving the door open for her return.  She didn't say she doesn't love Bill or want to be with him (just not right now), she just wants to give Bill and Katie another chance without her in the way, thanks so much you conceited twit. I guess she just shrugs off Katie's engagement to Ridge, like everyone else.

Dope may have heard that old saying but she would not know what the words meant. lol  Till now.

• Love 4

That whole Bill and Katie thing has come out of the blue but I guess they had to come up with something to get Brooke off screen while leaving the door open for her return.  She didn't say she doesn't love Bill or want to be with him (just not right now), she just wants to give Bill and Katie another chance without her in the way, thanks so much you conceited twit. I guess she just shrugs off Katie's engagement to Ridge, like everyone else.

Dope may have heard that old saying but she would not know what the words meant. lol  Till now.

LOL!  This is the funniest thing I've read so far today!  It just occurred to me that Ridge also shrugs off his engagement to Katie.  And, if the spoilers are to believed, 

Ridge encourages Caroline not to settle for a future with Rick, knowing she has feelings for him.

Now, that's what I call the definition of conceit.  Ridgie-poo, don't ever change, lover man!

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 7

And, if the spoilers are to believed,

Now, that's what I call the definition of conceit.  Ridgie-poo, don't ever change, lover man!

OFFS. He and Brooke really are made for each other. I wonder how they managed to sleep in the same bed with those gigantic heads of theirs. I also wonder whether Maya starts whispering in Ridge's ear or whether he comes to that assessment all on his own.

• Love 3

Wow, finally watched Friday's show.  I can't believe Hope...she came off as a petulant little girl in her confrontation with Quinn.  As much as I don't care for Quinn, I'll be rooting for her over that little twit.

• Love 2

I find Mulletor's spoiler intriguing. I must have caught Quinn's insanity (quinnsanity?) through the teevee screen.

Well put out a W.H.O alert for Quinnsanity because I'm coming down with a bit of

CarRidge fever too. We all know Ridge is a charmer, but I'm more interested in seeing how Linsey Godfrey plays it - from the spoilers and the CBS sneak peeks, I get the impression that Caroline will be honest about her feelings for Ridge to Ridge (though I suspect they're not so much romantic feelings as they are admiration and awe mistaken for romantic feelings), but also honest about them to Rick as well, and that's what gets Rick confronting Ridge about his inability to draw, plus him going to Eric with this information and Eric making some big announcement (as usual). I'd rather see Ridge & Caroline talk through their UST rather than shoot first and ask questions later.

Is anyone else following the Bold Live show happenings in Amsterdam? David Gregg said it was being filmed, maybe they'll put it on YouTube or something.