Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm just so p.o.'ed with Sheila saying Quinn was all about Eric's money. Even the most rabid Quinn haters would have to admit that she's never been about the Beverly Hills lifestyle (well, unless it's for Wyatt).  

And honestly, FU to Eric. He knows how Ridge is. He knows that Quinn was insecure and how Ridge operates. Maybe he should remember how Quinn stood at his bedside, doing everything in her power to get him well, to keep the control of his company his, how they suffered the humiliation of a wedding where none of their families showed up, where she was attacked nonstop as a psychopath and a gold digger without retaliating. You can see what all that earned her. Not even a fair hearing without the smug, first gen psychopathic ex gloating in the same room. Sheila being in that discussion just makes me even more #TeamQuinn.  (And I was prepared to be on-board for Quinn getting her comeuppance.)   

If Eric and Sheila hook up, I'm taking a really long break. 

And now that I have that out of my system, can I say how class-ist it is for Eric to order Quinn out of "their" home, which obviously when the chips are down, isn't.  Maybe that is what really irked me when I watched today's episode. Yeah, JMc was bringing it but between the writing and Sheila, all it did was make me hate him. And yet, if he had been hurting and hadn't gone on the attack, I probably would have been on his side. Sigh...  

• Love 9

OMG the past two episodes were amazing! Eric was perfect, just how I thought he'd react to all of this. I knew he wouldn't just be forgiving, he was clearly shaken but strong, and I loved it when he raised his voice. Quinn looked downright terrified that she's going to lose him and everything she's built. The thing is at first it looked like Quinn and Ridge would just downplay things but when Ridge said this all started in San Francisco, it all started coming out. Wow! Finally, the reveal happened. This is going to shake things up. Eric just won't forgive Quinn so easily. And Sheila! Wow! I am a fan. 

I love Bill being such a gentleman. What a guy! And Brooke having that premonition when RJ was hurt, I liked that. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Yesterday's show was great on some levels and in others, meh.  Small quibble about Sludge's dialogue.  As a day one viewer, I don't ever recall Sludge referring to Stephanie as "Mom."  In fact, none of her children did.  Eric was "Dad," and Stephanie was "Motheerrrrr."  I was always struck by how formal her children--even her favorite--were with Stephanie when addressing her.  However, anyone who saw Susan Flannery's unveiling as matriarch Stephanie Forrester on day two would probably understand why.

Now having dispensed with that, there is still a lot that isn't making sense to me.  Why did Eric feel he needed Sheila as a witness because at least, according to him, she was someone who wouldn't lie to him.  Is he kidding me?!  Did he forget that two people were shot in that very house by this same woman--two people he actually cared about and loved?  Having Sheila speak about Quinn and Sludge's motivations for debasing themselves, like how would she know?  And, way to go, Quinn!  The more she talked, the worse she sounded.  In between admitting that she and her stepson kissed, she also acknowledged that she flirted with him; that they exchanged looks; and that they were saying "goodbye" to one another in Australia.  That would indicate that she and Sludge had to have something going if they were ending things.  What really made me laugh was her panic stricken yelp when Sludge abruptly announced that he had to go after he received Brooke's text about Slouchy's accident.  "Too cheap to be tragic," indeed.  You got that right, girl.  

And, the more Sludge talked, the worse he sounded.  Could someone explain to me the absurdity of a man pushing 60 actually blaming his parents for his vile and stank behavior?  Boy, bye.  That several women were desperate to have this man's (a term I use very loosely) children is simply astounding.  Two words come to mind when I look at Sludge's demon spawn:  "natural selection."  Between those recessive Douglas genes, and the Marone stock as well as Eric's input (nature versus nurture)--did they ever really have a chance?  How cool would it have been if Thorne suddenly walked into the living room (like everybody else does) and co-signed, "Dad, is right, Big Brother.  You have to have all the women, don't you, and can't seem to do right by any of them.  Every time I go to the kitchen to make a sandwich, I break out into a cold sweat because I'm still traumatized!"  

But, yesterday belonged to John McCook.  Some of the things Eric said were cruel, as he lashed out, hurling every insult but the proverbial kitchen sink at Quinn and the son he loved, raised, nurtured and trained to one day take over his business (if only said son would act right).  His hurt was palpable.  He gave up so much to be with Quinn especially his family's respect.  But, one little thing seemed to be missing.  Eric mentioned the ways that Sludge betrayed him with the women, but he failed to mention the numerous ways he was betrayed professionally.  As recently as a few months ago, Sludge along with his extension-wearing daughter were trying to oust him from the company under the guise of being concerned about his mental health.  It seems one of the writers actually read the show's Tenth Anniversary Book.  One thing Eric said that made me nod knowingly was how he worked such long hours while married to Stephanie because there were times when he simply didn't want to come home.  From the show's inception, it was clear that the Forresters' marriage had long been troubled and that they were practically leading separate lives.  When Stephanie was introduced on the second show, she and Eric had a row about the state of their marriage.  Eric asked her point blank if she got anything out of their marriage and mentioned a feeling of malaise.  They also alluded to their lack of a sex life.   I'm not sure if Eric and Quinn are supposed to be the end game or not because the writers have muddied the waters by abruptly changing direction to accommodate bringing Sheila back.  There were even indications that Quinn and Sludge would eventually fall into bed since she was already "sprung" by his male awesomeness.  Now, I simply don't know especially with Quinn's vow that she's not giving up and Sheila's creepy smile.

Slouchy's accident was practically a non-event.  True, he had a concussion, and I'm aware of how horrific internal damage can be, but the kid looked as if he just woke up from a nap.  Unlike, Caroline, who fell off the balcony after an argument with her Uncle Bill.  I'm really surprised that Sludge didn't use it as an opportunity to lift up his leg and pee on Brooke in front of Bill.  Although, I don't get the pissiness toward Bill for his suggestion.  At least, Sludge managed to mumble an apology after Brooke told him that Bill was only trying to help.

So, um, Coco, what are you gonna do, heifer?  Now that you made it known that it was actually you who was driving Sludge's vintage vehicle, are you going to fess up that you were texting while driving?  Or, will you make the ultimate sacrifice to be okay with Slouchy's parents and donate a kidney or some other organ?

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 13

That show just got on my nerves. Sheila and her smirk did not need to be there. In fact, I wish she would depart the show, but no such luck it seems. And Eric is such an old fool for "love" that he's probably going to let the crazy bitch stay in the house to comfort and protect him from evil Quinn. In the end, Quinn may have to rescue him from fucking Sheila. I can't even stand looking her. 

It was also super wrong of Eric to kick Quinn out of the house. I know it's his house and the Forrester family home, but they don't have to sleep in the same bedroom, and they still have some talking they need to do. She sure did dig the hole deeper and deeper by spilling too much information. WTF, girl?

It was uber fucked up of Eric to play the Marone card and he needs to stop doing that. It's cruel and beneath him and his pussy hound ass is the one who raised Ridge.

FF through anything having to do with that kid.

• Love 12

Excellent post, @MulletorHater!  You raised so many great points.  Eric's speech about 'Camelot' was pathetic but I couldn't help feeling a twinge of sympathy for him.  He was a terrible husband to Stephanie but can anyone believe that life with Queen Stephanie was all sunshine, lollipops and roses?  He must have been reminded every day that he was bought and paid for with his father-in-law's money.  He was in love with Beth but he didn't have the money to make his dreams come true.   And even if he had wanted to get out, he was trapped into marriage by a pregnancy.   I can understand him not wanting to go home at night.

2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

So, um, Coco, what are you gonna do, heifer?  Now that you made it known that it was actually you who was driving Sludge's vintage vehicle, are you going to fess up that you were texting while driving?  Or, will you make the ultimate sacrifice to be okay with Slouchy's parents and donate a kidney or some other organ?

Comment of the day!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, politichick said:

It was also super wrong of Eric to kick Quinn out of the house. I know it's his house and the Forrester family home, but they don't have to sleep in the same bedroom, and they still have some talking they need to do. She sure did dig the hole deeper and deeper by spilling too much information. WTF, girl?

Eh, I'll allow it because had it been the reverse, the wife is expected to be totally entitled to kick the cheating husband out of the house and his ass find a hotel or couch to crash on for a cooling off period before approaching the betrayed spouse for an attempt at reconciliation.

Had they had kids (Shudder) then I could see Eric telling her to take the bedroom as far away from the master as possible. Quinn is far from destitute or financially reliant on Eric so it's not like all she has available to her are the clothes on her back.

It is contrivance of plot that Sheila was anywhere near that living room to witness the scene and be the last one standing to be embraced by Eric. This was the one time that the messenger should've been booted out with the betrayers. It's completely transparent what Sheila is doing and Eric is so far appearing to fall for it. A let down of plotting and writing.

• Love 11

Was Katie talking about herself or Quinn about mis trust in a marriage?  

This might be an unpopular opinion but, for me, kissing is not cheating. Quinn might have said she loves Ridge but not that she's in love with him.  With that said, I do feel that they achieved a mutual respect for each other.  In my estimation, Eric flew off the handle and over reacted because of his underlining lack of respect for Ridge and his and Quinn's past history. My spouse has many friends and a great deal of admiration in her field of endeavor and is constantly surrounded by them whether or not I'm there.  I know that my spouse has expressed love for some of them. I've never been visited by the green eyed monster for I feel that jealousy is not a sign of love but a sign of ownership plus the trust and faith I have in my marriage.

Why is Coco OK with RJ technically lying about the accident and covering her ass but she's condemned Sally's actions?  

• Love 13
(edited)

Quite possibly the strangest scene to ever grace our show: 7/7/17, Katie HUGS & COMFORTS one Quinn Forrester, after Eric finds out about the Quinn/Ridge affair/kissy-face-moments, which Katie has been holding over Quinn's head for roughly 4 months, give or take. She did give some good advice, in that this is Quinn's & Ridge's fault, not Sheila's, but the hug was just weird, considering that Katie was spying on Quinn like 3 weeks ago, with a giant gold-plated telescope she had placed in her living room, for the sole purpose of catching Quinn being naughty. At least this kumbayah reconciliation will be helpful when Katie starts sleeping with Quinn's son. Hey, maybe Quinn could be her new roomie!

Edited by nkotb
  • Love 11

I swear the only continuity that is sacred on this damn show is Pam's lemon bars, and even then I wouldn't be surprised if she started peddingly raspberry tarts one day. :/

Katie was just waving a gun in Quinn's face not even a month ago. She can barely stand to be in the same room as Brooke, but can give hugs to Quinn? 

And after Sheila busted their asses, she should've been shown the damn door. God knows I did not want Katie anywhere near this, but Sheila is an a class of evil all by herself and deserved to insert herself into that mess even less. And assuming this is a setup for a Sheric reunion....goddamn, WHY? This is the Titanic of bad rebounds, even by the low bar that Eric Forrester has set, and she makes Quinn's previous behavior look stable in comparison. Could they have just gotten JG to return for a few months? He and Donna are still kinda close and she hasn't killed any of his family or raped his son-in-law.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Katie was just waving a gun in Quinn's face not even a month ago. She can barely stand to be in the same room as Brooke, but can give hugs to Quinn? 

Just setting up for when Watie goes full throttle.

And after Sheila busted their asses, she should've been shown the damn door. God knows I did not want Katie anywhere near this, but Sheila is an a class of evil all by herself and deserved to insert herself into that mess even less. And assuming this is a setup for a Sheric reunion....goddamn, WHY? This is the Titanic of bad rebounds, even by the low bar that Eric Forrester has set, and she makes Quinn's previous behavior look stable in comparison. Could they have just gotten JG to return for a few months? He and Donna are still kinda close and she hasn't killed any of his family or raped his son-in-law.

Donna offers no drama in her hook up with Eric (same with Ivy for Wyatt) so they're left to languish and pine offscreen.

Quinn has been good for so far a year and counting of Forrester drama for Eric and Steffy and Eric and Ridge once they directed her out of Wyatt and Liam's orbit. Donna was only as good as her being yet another Logan for Eric to rub in Stephanie's face even though I agree that I believed they loved each other and that Donna still does. Sheila offers the same kind of friction for Eric with his family but it's contrived that he's willing to overlook her reign of terror over his family especially the shootings, kidnapoings, and how she was the reason why he lost out of much of Bridget's early years as her father.

If they wanted Sheila back in the fold where she couldn't be denied then someone in the family should've needed a kidney, say RJ after his car accident. Sheila donates her kidney initially 'trying to stay anonymous' but Rideg, Eric, Brooke are determined to find and thank the donor and then Bam! It's Sheila. Brooke and Ridge are grateful but wary, Eric is warmer and upon learning she's fallen on hard times, takes Sheila in to Quinn's dismay. As Sheila recovers and is hanging around the house THAT's  when she learns about Ridge and Quinn and busts them. Then when Eric embraces Sheila it makes a bit more sense.

• Love 5

Just wow. That kid who plays RJ just gets more and more boring to watch. I cannot believe that they couldn't find one actor in LA who has more talent than this kid. He's even boring waking up in the hospital after being unconscious after being in a car accident! Please, just move along from him and Coco. They're painful to watch when they're trying to act. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Things have come to a pretty pass when Katie is the voice of reason.  I don't care for Katie but Quinn had no business storming over to Katie's house to give Katie what for.  And I can't believe I'm saying this but Katie was right (ugh!); it's not Sheila's fault that Quinn's marriage has come to a crashing halt.  Quinn might want to think back to all those times she had her tongue down her son-in-law's throat.  Or to that evening they were rolling on his bed.  Both Quinn and Ridge keep saying that their affair was nothing more than a few kisses but they (and we) know it was MUCH more than that.  Saying 'I love you' is more than a few 'childish' kisses.

The good news is that Eric wasn't in bed with Sheila.  At least he wasn't in HIS bed with Sheila.  Who knows where that psycho has lured Eric? 

As for Miss Congeniality aka Coco, she doesn't seem to be all for truth, justice and the American way, when it's her ass on the line.  They said that there wasn't another car involved but that's a lie.  I wonder why Lt. Hotdog isn't there getting a statement from both Coco and Slouchy.  What's the penalty for making a false statement to the police?

That heavy sigh that came out of Brooke when Ridge told her Eric knew was 75% relief at the inter-continental ballistic missile she dodged by kicking Sludge's grimy ass to the curb.  Bill might be a bit of an asshole, but he's devoted to his wife and Brooke deserves that after all the years of running after Ridge.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 9

Quinoline must had been dropped several times on the head as a baby, I swear. Katie hugging Quinn was OOC, but I preferred for them to be friendly in the first place instead of whatever that was they had.

I haven't been watching for a bit, but it sounds like I have some catching up to do. The last few episodes must've been good.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Why did Eric feel he needed Sheila as a witness because at least, according to him, she was someone who wouldn't lie to him.  Is he kidding me?!  Did he forget that two people were shot in that very house by this same woman--two people he actually cared about and loved?

Well, she may have shot people, but she didn't lie to him.  On a soap, you can cheat, you can steal, you can even murder, but LIE???  OH HELL NO!  Telling a lie is the VERY worst!!!  Like for those of you who watch Y&R...Cane cheated on Lily, supposedly got the other woman pregnant, but what does Lily bitch about?  He LIED to her about it!

How many more days are we going to have to see someone talk about that damn car accident followed by the guilty look on Coco's face?  Can't any of these other people who give the same freaking look when they're feeling guilty recognize it?  But of course it's ok that the car is wrecked & that Coco behaved like an idiot while driving...the worst thing she did is that she LIED about it!!!

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Was Katie talking about herself or Quinn about mis trust in a marriage?  

This might be an unpopular opinion but, for me, kissing is not cheating. Quinn might have said she loves Ridge but not that she's in love with him.  

Not unpopular with me. 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Quinn might have said she loves Ridge but not that she's in love with him

Considering all the hiding and sneaking as though they did the horizontal mambo and the circular conversations about the first kiss that became as tiresome as Hope and Liam's "WE WUZ WOBBED!" nonsense,  it feels like a distinction without a difference at this point.

As others have said, all of this could have been avoided had Quinn just been straight with Eric as soon as the jet landed from San Francisco. This is a man who considers Brooke one of his dearest friends after the woman broke their daughter's heart by conceiving a baby with Deacon, to say nothing of the shit he overlooked from Stephanie in later years,  so it's not like he isn't capable of forgiveness. 

16 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

As for Miss Congeniality aka Coco, she doesn't seem to be all for truth, justice and the American way, when it's her ass on the line. 

So, she's basically Nicole but played by an actress and not a human-shaped Galaxy Note 7.

Yeah, this shit sucked in 2015 when she first arrived, but given who Nicole's father is and the dirt she had on Maya's perfect lie, it makes some damn sense. I'm not sure why Coco thinks all is forgiven and forgotten about Spectra. I mean, the Forresters gladly eat their own for breakfast, like starving mother hamsters. She's no one: not a Forrester scion like Zende or Ivy, not born to a woman who has married into the family more times than America Idol changed judges like Hope, not the sister in law to a Forrester son like Nicole was (that may change in the future, granted :3 ). Nothing. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Dipping my toe back into the show slowly, and while I can't say for sure I'll be back to watching full time, I have to admit, the show seems much much better than it has been over the last few years. I like some of the new additions to the cast, Shiela is back (yay!), and I like how some balance seems to have returned to the show. It doesn't seem to be one triangle/quadrangle dominating the show anymore like we had a few years ago when Hope/Liam/Steffy/Wyatt was all that was happening and all anyone talked about. It seems we're back to having multiple characters involved in multiple stories again, which is always a good thing.

Also, the old style credits are back, which, yay! Love some of the call backs, like Eric standing in front of the skyscraper, Steffy at the gate, Brooke in the blue dress, Rick with the fabric, that ne new guy at the pool...it does help the show feel like the good old times.

One thing I did notice, sadly, were the budget cuts on the some of the sets. When did the Forrester guesthouse become a one room studio type?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, BBHN said:

I like how some balance seems to have returned to the show. It doesn't seem to be one triangle/quadrangle dominating the show anymore like we had a few years ago when Hope/Liam/Steffy/Wyatt was all that was happening and all anyone talked about.

This is very true. I don't think any story or character on any show, with the possible exception of Victor Newman's omnipresence on Y&R in the early 2010s, was so all-encompassing as that shit was. I swear if Kim Matula had been hospitalized for exhaustion, I would've believed it was actually exhaustion and not code for "coked up" for the months on end she was onscreen.

Zencole objectively is a far more boring, tedious pairing to sit through than any combination of the above quad, but at least we get breaks from those human Ambien pills

• Love 7

Oh, and to add to the previous post, you wanna know something truly bizarre? 

For all the time dedicated to that horrendous Triangle of Doom, it's damn near impossible to find any clips of either Hope/Liam or the early days of Steffy/ Liam on Youtube that aren't in a music video. I've no bullshit have seen more unedited clips of Jessica Forrester, April Knight, Kimberly Fairchild, Rick with both Phoebe and Steffy, and the abomination that was Ridge and Bridget--none of those characters/pairings were liked, and none of them dominated the whole of B&B for nearly two full seasons. I can't even find the Aspen wedding, and I've only come across one of Hope and Liam's weddings. Kinda says everything.

May the person who lurks here for B&B show this to Bradley Bell and let him know to never, ever revisit that triangle ever again, or to let one story just take over the show so completely.

• Love 9
On 7/6/2017 at 8:50 PM, grisgris said:

John McCook was hitting it on all cylinders.

He's been incredible! He's proved that he can carry the show. So glad Eric has been front and center. These past couple days have been rich.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:45 PM, Anna Yolei said:

And assuming this is a setup for a Sheric reunion....goddamn, WHY? This is the Titanic of bad rebounds

And that's exactly why dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks Eric might do it.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

May the person who lurks here for B&B show this to Bradley Bell and let him know to never, ever revisit that triangle ever again,

Ain't THIS the truth?!?!?  I for one would love to have Hope back, but I fear the triangle of doom is the only thing they know to do with her.

• Love 10
On 7/7/2017 at 6:56 PM, Gam2 said:

Just wow. That kid who plays RJ just gets more and more boring to watch. I cannot believe that they couldn't find one actor in LA who has more talent than this kid. He's even boring waking up in the hospital after being unconscious after being in a car accident! Please, just move along from him and Coco. They're painful to watch when they're trying to act. 

Also, he should be the best looking kid in the world, considering Brooke/Ridge are his parents. LA is full of pretty faces that can/can't act, so what the hell!

Why won't they let us have nice things?

• Love 8

Well, (to me) there is living proof out there that having drop-dead gorgeous parents doesn't guarantee good-looking kids. I'm sorry to throw shade but I don't think those bio kids of Brangelina are very attractive. (Ducks!)  Oddly enough, I see a resemblance in Slouchy to the late great actor who played Mossimo Sr. (I am not being disrespectful but can never remember his name) but to RM and KKL -- no!  OTOH, I think that JWM and PF (and AG before him) can actually pass as the spawn of HTy and RM. And JMW is even following along the plastic surgery path of her onscreen mom. She's just a few eye lifts, lip injections and breast implants away from being an exact match -- and decades ahead of schedule.

Yes. I am being surly and cranky today. It's already pushing 90 before 9 am with gazillion percent humidity to it feels well over 100! I need to get over it and send prayers to the poor sweltering folks in Phoenix!

• Love 13

Friday’s show left me a little confused. How old is Quinn supposed to be? All this shrieking and carrying on—“You TOLD HIM!!!”—like a high schooler thoroughly pissed off because another girl in her class snitched to the teacher. Granted, she had every reason to believe that Miss Run ‘n Tell That would do exactly what she threatened to do. But, what sense did that make now that Katie has what she wanted? It made even less sense to wonder if Brooke did it.  Granted, Brooke thinks Quinn is pond scum, but she has even less reason to tattle, as does Ivy.  I hate to agree with Katie, but she was laying some nuggets of truth on Quinn.  It’s time for this 40-something woman to put her big girl panties on and learn how to sleep in the bed that she made.  I have to also wonder if Katie was projecting her own feelings about Brill into this situation.

Another source of confusion.  I get it that Slouchy’s rather uneventful medical crisis was over, but would it have killed Sludge to act as if the kid wasn’t in the hospital for nothing more serious than a mosquito bite?  His timing just sucks monkey butt.  Couldn’t his mewling and mumbling about “Dad knows” have waited?  Yes, he was responding to Brooke’s observation that he was leaving the hospital when his son needed him, but still. How Brooke managed to express any concern for him at all is simply remarkable.  I get that she feels bad for Eric, but Sludge and the relationship that he has willfully thrown away more times than I can count?  I guess it does make sense that she told him to leave given that he was so obviously distracted.

And, what was he distracted about?  Wanting to fix the colossal mess, which he and Quinn really need to stop calling a “mistake.” I can’t help but notice the contrast in how Ridge/Sludge has historically treated Brooke’s numerous “mistakes” over the years. They were so egregious that he dumped her, proposed to other women, banished her from his presence, or had their marriage annulled with that “Get Out of Marriage Free” card he always had in his back pocket.  So, if it’s going to take Eric a little longer to process, forgive and forget, then so be it.   I also wonder if Sludge has enough self-awareness to pack his bags and vacate that guesthouse and get a condo or house of his own. 

Another real source of confusion was Katie’s plot-driven embracing of a woman she reviled for weeks on end. Does this mean that Quinn will be receptive to a Katie-Wyatt hookup now?

• Love 8

RJ in the hospital bed--looks like he is 12. Coco is as slouchy as he is. So tired of them. How many more scenes do we need of Sally and Thomas in the office, standing chest to chest, having a big talk. Not interesting or fun to watch. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

RJ in the hospital bed--looks like he is 12. Coco is as slouchy as he is. So tired of them. How many more scenes do we need of Sally and Thomas in the office, standing chest to chest, having a big talk. Not interesting or fun to watch. 

Both are still more interesting than either Zencole or Steam(less)...but I agree it's time for Tally to start pushing a bit beyond the "us against the world" talk and start actually doing something. As a reviewer once told me on a very, very old fanfic of mine, someone needs to *do* something.

• Love 3
(edited)

So I just got back from vacation so I'll resume full recaps with today's episode (Mon. 7/10/17) and just post some brief thoughts for last week below - enjoy!

Mon. 7/3/17:

What I liked:

Thomas and Sally crashing the FC fashion shoot - Sally rocked the hell out of that cobalt blue bikini.

Watching Fauxdi's face crack when Thomas laid down the gauntlet for the showdown in Monte Carlo.

Sheila putting the pieces together because I'm sorry, anyone with a dozen or so brain cells, could have put this together, what with Ridge and Quinn's insta-180 of hating each other with the fire of a thousand suns, not to mention all the eye-fucking between the two of them.

Sheila cutting to the chase and telling Eric what's been going on, right under his nose.

Nicole sporting what looked like her natural hair. Praise Jesus!

What I could have done without:

Sheila in the car with Charlie - he was a pretty darn useless prop given Sheila was already twenty steps ahead of him and DC is so far out of his league with KB, it's laughable to see him try and match her. 

Ridge and Quinn realizing the sand was about to run out of their little hourglass and deciding to come clean. I would have thought much more (okay, a little more) of them had they confessed because it was the right thing to do, not because they were about to be outed.

The CEO of FC participating in a  swimshoot photo shoot, much less anyone who is NOT a FC model, participating. Call me old-school, but it's just not professional to me. JMW may have a smoking body but her face, good Lord, it's like drag queen gone way way way wrong. 

WTF of the day:

Coco making noises about Thomas and Sally crashing the shoot. Sit down and shut up. You consciously coupling with Slouchey for all of social media does not a Forrester make.

I would include Maya, Rick, and Nicole acting like the previous week's Lizzie drama never happened, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Exchange of the day:

Steffy, screeching, her claws out the moment the cameras are turned off, "What the hell was that?"

Thomas: "I am all about taking risks these days." He clearly has no fucks to give and I love it.

Steffy: "You have turned into a Spectra overnight."

Thomas: "I'm gonna take that as a compliment." Hee!

Steffy, to Sally: "I mean, you realize that we're showcasing swimwear, right, not clown costumes?" This heifer...and she shouldn't be throwing stones about looking like a clown because...

Sally doesn't even dignify this with a reply, classy as ever.

Thomas: "Cute, Steff. Real cute."

Steffy: "You're gonna regret this, Thomas." He just laughs in her face. Yeah, I doubt that, hon.

Tues. 7/4/17: 

What I liked

Tally celebrating the 4th, with Thomas sporting an Uncle Sam beard and hat. Very cute. I do agree with others who said, give these two more to do. I'm hoping we'll see some serious fireworks as we approach the Spencer Summit.

And I don't mean fireworks of the Carowhine variety. I do not need to see her slinking around Thomas and stirring up trouble for Tally and using Douglas as part of her scheme to win her babydaddy back.

Sheila telling Eric her suspicions without histronics and Eric all but showing her the door, in defense of his wife.

Coco immediately vetoing RJ's skeevy idea of her sporting a patriotic string bikini. 

Ridge and Quinn hemming and hawwing in the guest house about how to tell Eric. I'm so over these two, if I was ever under them in the first place. All of Quinn's whining about her fears of losing Eric. All of this right here? Is exactly what you should have thought about before you cheated.

Coco making more than noises about Thomas/Sally. Seriously, shut up and go back to making out with the slouchey little boy you've tied yourself to.

WTF of the day:

RJ/bikini - fucking gross, kid. 

Exchange of the day:

Ridge and Quinn enter as Eric is practically shoving Sheila out the door.

Quinn: "What is she doing here?"

Eric: "She's leaving. She's leaving the house right now."

Ridge: "Good. Dad, we need to talk."

Quinn screeching: "Sheila, get out!"

Sheila, as cool as a cucumber: "Oh, no. I wouldn't miss this for anything in the world."

Sheila.thumb.jpg.903788632e971972923defbdfe78a3a5.jpg

Wed. 7/5/17:

What I liked:

Brill lounging and chilling by the pool. KKL was just stunning in that royal blue one-piece and Bill looked mighty fine in his trunks. Just enjoying each other's company, no drama, no waiting for the other shoe to drop, just an in-love couple spending the day together and I would watch this all day.

Ridge and Quinn finally fucking confess. FINALLY. And not to throw either of these cheats a bone, but at least they seem to be avoiding any trickle truth but taking Eric all the way back to where things started in San Francisco.

Sheila watching the confession go down. Yes, it's ridiculous to think that she would be allowed to be a spectator but this is B&B and camp is what they do and quite well, typically. This was no exception. All that was missing was Sheila munching on some freshly-buttered popcorn. 

Coco and RJ crashed Ridge's classic car. Could we be so lucky that neither survive? ;-P

What I didn't like:

Coco texting and driving. Damn stupid kids. And damn stupid, idiotic adults. Just this morning, I went for a run and nearly got mowed down by a suited up dude who barely looked up to notice me in the cross-walk or the big red stop sign. Asshole!

WTF of the day:

Ridge attempting to take full responsibility for the affair. It takes two, Ridge, but that in, and of itself, shows how much there is between him and his stepmother. Don't think that went unnoticed by everyone else in the room.  Much less me.

Exchanges of the day:

I couldn't decide so I'm putting them both here. One is decidedly more light-hearted than the other.

#1: Brill, discussing whether RJ and Coco are going to join them later. 

Bill: "Did you text RJ? About Coco joining us? I was serious about that." I love how he's wanting to bond with his new stepson the way he did years ago. He's certainly more attentive to RJ than his own father has been.

Brooke scoffs: "I don't want to embarrass him. On a date, getting a text from his mom."

Bill: "Well, maybe you think I'm the one who will embarrass him if he invites her."

Brooke teases: "Well, you do have a way about you, a kind of directness that's endearing to those of us who love you. But..."

Bill pretends to be wounded: "Stop." Then he breaks into laughter and they share a loving smile.

Brooke: "Thank you for spending the afternoon with me."

Bill: "Thank you for tolerating it." LOL. I just love these two so much. 

Brill.thumb.jpg.070775b8dab2875cfeb22ac4e2f9223d.jpg

#2: Eric thinks, or perhaps, wants to believe, it was just one kiss and Ridge, initially doesn't do anything to persuade him. Because of course he doesn't, but at least Quinn finally has enough sense to know they have to tell all.

Quinn: "He needs to know everything. Please. There were more moments."

Eric's eyebrows raise: "More moments?"

Quinn: "Inappropriate glances, a few more kisses. It was all meaningless." That's not for her to decide. I think Eric, as the betrayed spouse, will find them quite meaningful.

Ridge tries to explain aka make excuses: "It was an adrenaline rush because we hated each other so much. And then when we didn't, it was because she was off-limits, because we both have this self-destructive streak in us." Eric looks bored to tears because he's heard Ridge's song about how he's never gonna dance again because guilty feet ain't got no rhythm too many times to count.

Quinn: "Yeah, it was self-destructive. It was falling back on old patterns, doing what's wrong. I mean, risking the one thing I care about most in this world...you." So why did you keep doing it?

Eric is eerily calm here: "And you did."

Quinn: "I know, that's why we're telling you now because I cannot lose you over a few innocent kisses. They were moments that ended before they ever began." Don't even get me started at how fucked up her calling the kisses she shared with Ridge "innocent" is.

Eric: "Moments? Moments that decent people never would have allowed to happen."

Quinn, growing very quiet: "Right."

Eric: "Moments that end marriages." Indeed.

Thurs. 7/6/17:

What I liked:

Brooke's mother's intuition, sensing something is wrong but not knowing what before she got Coco's call regarding RJ.

Bill, protective, ensuring all was secure on the mansion grounds, and supportively offering to soothe his wife's nerves. Now that's a husband. He shows this nurturing side even more so when they get Coco's call about RJ being hurt and at the hospital. He's right by Brooke's side, her rock, and, when Ridge arrives, he keeps the focus where it should be...RJ.

The moment when Eric says "I want you to leave" and a triumphant Quinn crows to Sheila "You heard my husband." And Eric quickly corrects her that she's the one he wants gone. I rewound that little gem about 10 times because it was made of awesome. A special nod to JMc as he knocked it out of the park with his acting today. Not that that's a surprise, he's always been great, but it's so refreshing to see a true vet front and center.

Eric playing the Marone card. It's hitting below the belt and Eric is better than that. Plus, with this latest stunt of his son, he doesn't need to go there. He has enough ammo without insulting Ridge for something he had no control over (his paternity). But everything else he said about Ridge, spot-on, and totally deserved. I call BS that since Eric cheated in his past, he can't take Ridge to task for his actions now. Of course he can. Just as Katie, at the time in question, could take Brooke and Bill to task for their actions. Where I draw the line is the continued calling on the carpet after either (a) the relationship is over or (b) the relationship survives because that definitely smacks of hypocritical, not truly forgiving and moving on, but expecting it and being given such quarter in one's own past.

WTF of the day:

Slouchey and Coco survived. Dammit!!!

One ticket to the Stagecoach to Hell please.

Runner-up is Sheila immediately pouncing on a vulnerable Eric, creeping coming up behind him and putting her head on his shoulder.

tumblr_n3dknkSdn11qfmzxdo1_r1_250.gif

Second runner up is Ridge trying - and failing - to blame Eric and his dead mother (and yes, it's mother, WTF to him continuing to call Stephanie "mom") for him being the way he is. Own your shit, Ridge. Own. Your. Shit.

Exchange of the day:

Eric, stone-faced: "You and Ridge wanting to have these little meetings together, pretending that it was never gonna happen again, and then knowing it would make it more thrilling? One kiss worth more than our whole marriage."

Quinn, pleading, "You're right. You're right, It's... it's too cheap to be tragic. It's just sad." (Can't argue with her there). "And I can't...I can't explain myself. And there are people out there who would say that I have done so much worse than this, but I have never felt more..." She's sobbing here. "I've never felt more scared or more alone in my entire life." And you brought this on yourself, Quinn. "But I know we can get through this. I know we can. If we...if we just have time alone." She turns to look at Sheila. "And you know what, you have done what you came here to do, so why don't you just get out now and leave us alone?" Sheila ignores her. Hilariously.

Eric: "I want you to leave."

Quinn: sniffs back her sobs and stares haughtily at Sheila: "You heard my husband."

Eric looks at Sheila for a moment, then back at his wife. "Not her." The realization dawns in Quinn's eyes, which have never looked so blue. Did she really think it would be that easy? That she could just boo-hoo and all would be forgiven? And not once did she - or Ridge - ever utter the words "I'm sorry." Because they're not. They're only sorry they got caught.

Eric, to Quinn: "Go. I can't... I can't bear to look at you here. And I'm...I'm sure Ridge is out there someplace (OOOHHHH!), so go. Go on."

She is summarily kicked to the curb as she should be.

Eric.thumb.jpg.347b5d63c35d58331fc00a7139a4fbb4.jpg

Fri. 7/7/17:

What I liked:

Katie actually being the voice of reason (see below, in the Exchange of the Day) and telling Quinn like it is without the usual HT histrionics aka Emmy bait scenery chewing. Her quiet, restrained tears as she thinks about her friend, Eric, hurting, her own memories of being hurt by Bill and Brooke, and perhaps, just perhaps, and I know I'm likely reaching here, but maybe a moment of clarity about the pain she unleashed on Bridget years ago with Nick. I think it was the latter that led her to take pity on Quinn and embrace her.

Brooke's equally understated reaction to Ridge revealing Eric knows everything and the sad resignation in her eyes, visibly hurting for her ex. Let the record show she is the only one - thus far - to have actually said how sorry she is.

Bill stepping away to give Ridge and Brooke time with their son.

RJ taking the blame for Coco, but I'm sure the sainted, virtuous, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth Coco will 'fess up. Let's hope it's soon since she's undoubtedly got altitude sickness from being on her high horse where Sally is concerned.

RJ and Coco canoodling on his hospital bed. Much as I liked Coco initially and Lord knows, the actress deserves better, but she and RJ are FF material for me now.

WTF of the day:

Ridge leaving his son's side to go back and check on his stepmommy (okay, and his father). No parent in the world would leave their child's side, especially considering he wasn't deemed 100% ready to go home yet. But ol' Ridge, he couldn't get out of there fast enough. Brooke didn't even waste her breath, trying to persuade him to be a fucking parent for once. Pathetic.

Runner up - his comforting Quinn, despite the chair between them. He just couldn't resist reaching out to touch her bare arm. Puke... 

Exchange of the day:

Katie.thumb.jpg.5e971cf27af36899abefbea3a567fd2f.jpg

Quinn, looking for someone, anyone, else to blame for her actions - as usual - yammering about how Sheila could have found out. Her focus is so fucking misplaced here.

Quinn: "Then who? Then who? What about...what about Brooke?"

Katie: "No, that doesn't make any sense. Quinn, you weren't here. You didn't see what Sheila did to Eric and his family. Brooke witnessed it and she will never forget that. What you're saying is ridiculous."

Quinn: "Well, the only other person who knew was Ivy."

Katie: "And Ivy has never even met Sheila."

Quinn: "Somebody told her something. Because she wasn't guessing. She had to be damn sure to take this to Eric." At this, I am yelling at the TV: What difference does it make?????

Katie takes the words right out of my mouth: "Quinn, what difference does it make?" Oh damn! "Eric knows. And the only way you have any chance of fixing it is you have to stand up and take responsibility for what you did. Listen, you hurt him. You and Ridge, you hurt him so badly. And Sheila is...she's a terrible person. She's done horrible things. But this is not her fault. And it doesn't really matter how she found out. You can't blame her for what you did." 

A-fucking-men and preach it, sister!

As I said to Ridge, I'll repeat for Quinn. Own your shit, Quinn. Own. Your. Shit.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13

CountryGirl, it's great to have you back!  I hope you enjoyed your vacation!

I agree with every word of your post.  I'm also shouting, "Yaaaasss!" at your last WTF observation about Sludge practically breaking his neck to leave the hospital despite his trophy son not being given 100% medical clearance to go home.  The cynical part of me has to wonder if Sludge is thinking, what good is the kid now that his "Logan" has gone and done the unthinkable in spite of his and Slouchy's manipulations.  

I wholeheartedly agree with the observation upthread about this show's lack of continuity.   Does it strike anyone else how odd it is that Sludge has spent more time, energy and effort shielding Quinn from first, Deacon, and then Sheila, than he has spent (zero, nada, zip!) in informing his adult children that the woman who shot their mother is not only alive, but she is also back in Los Angeles.  I've yet to see one scene, or even seen anyone alluding to Sludge discussing this development with either Stuffy or Thomas.  Those should have been the first series of phone calls Sludge made--Taylor and their kids.  But, what is he consumed with?  When he isn't doodling on his bed or supposedly designing, it's been all about rescuing his father's wife from the baddies, endless discussions with his father's wife about "TSUKED" and now trying to make things right with his father.

• Love 8

I echo your comments about the lack of continuity. This show makes my head hurt trying to keep up. Where is Eric? Where is Shelia? Where is Quinn? They've been the huge story line and now....nothing? This show does this all the time. As I've said a thousand times, who's writing this crap?

• Love 1

Big round of applause to CountryGirl and welcome back.

I was so bored today and even though I thought the big Quidge reveal was anti-climatic, it still was a jarring let-down for the dreck that aired today.

I am disappointed in the way Sally is turning out. As It has already been so beautifully pointed out, this daily dance about who rescued who is getting monotonous. Between that and the in-office make-out sessions, those two are working my last nerve. I wanted to see the spunk and fire from Sally that we saw in her great-aunt. This needy insecure dishrag ain't cutting it. I want to see Sally get up in Steffy's face. Maybe the writers have purposely restrained the character so all hell will break loose with Caroline.* I'm not holding my breath.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if Coco is the secret daughter of Taylor and Prince Omar. Today's little drama in the hospital room took me back to the time right after Taylor mowed down Darla and wasn't forthcoming about driving under the influence when it happened.  There were completely different sets of circumstances but still ... The outcome for Coco and Slouchy could have been much worse.  I hope today was the end of that SL. We don't need another PSA on texting and driving and those two can exit my screen any time now.  I really don't care what kind of punishment is doled out to Coco. I'm sure that the Forrester influence will lessen the severity.  Was it my imagination or were there some glimmers of misgiving in Slouchy's eyes? It made me wonder if: A) The seriousness of what happened -- and what didn't happen actually sunk in; B) Coco's display of lack of integrity and lying cast doubt in his mind or C) He's being a pouty spoiled teenager because Mommy told him he couldn't drive for a long time. (I tend to choose C coupled with bad acting, but you never know.)

*I wasn't happy to see Caroline back. I see she still has that unflattering choppy haircut but I did like the new color. It looks so much better than when it was blonde and her smoky eye makeup really rocked the whole look.

• Love 8

Why do you need a policeman to investigate a single car accident especially  Lt Hotdog?  Isn't that below his pay grade. I'm sorry but the whole 3rd degree of RJ and Coco is a little much.  Don't get me wrong, texting and driving is a major no no and it should be made into a PSA.  Coco confessed but it wasn't volunteered until she was confronted. Boo on Coco.  

Caroline with dark hair wow. By that phone call, it sounds like they are going to turn her into another Steffy.  

• Love 4

Coming off the high of John McCook's gloriousness and falling into the tear inducing dullness of Coco sulking and Sludge Jr. promising that he's OK. Texting and driving is a no-no but is it written in the contracts of the starlets that someone must spend a week sulking and staring off into space and blaming herself for whatever?

Thomas and Sally...oh joy. Not. Can we move past the one note you saved me and you're my hero spiel? Five months of the same rubbish. "Oh Rhett (Thomas). You saved my life, and I, sir, am eternally grateful. Now, kiss me you poet." Make-out sessions, open shirts, and flirting. What a productive work day. And how much do you guys want to bet that Caroline is going to want to slide back in after being gone almost a year like, "Daddy's home?" She ran off Sasha and killed the potential budding friendship for a whole lot of nothing. Welp, Caroline looks good. And Sally's muted style is...different. You can standout and not wear 500 colours and patterns at the same time!

Lt. Baker wasn't eating a hot dog. Bravo. Where's my favourite recurring star, P.O.D. (Partially Open Door)?

• Love 6

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when I was HAPPY to see Lt. Hotdog.  For a second, it looked like Little Miss Coco was going to lie to the Sheriff of LA but then she took a look at Brooke's face and realized she stood a better chance of survival with the coppers. 

Watching Sally and Thomas is like watching outtakes from 'Groundhog Day'; the same thing happens day after day after day....

Looks like Caroline is going to give Sally the same 'Lady of the Manor' treatment she gave Maya.  And we all know how well that worked out.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, grisgris said:

the late great actor who played Mossimo Sr. (I am not being disrespectful but can never remember his name)

Joe Mascolo (aka Stefano DiMera on Days)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, grisgris said:

Big round of applause to CountryGirl and welcome back.

I was so bored today and even though I thought the big Quidge reveal was anti-climatic, it still was a jarring let-down for the dreck that aired today.

I am disappointed in the way Sally is turning out. As It has already been so beautifully pointed out, this daily dance about who rescued who is getting monotonous. Between that and the in-office make-out sessions, those two are working my last nerve. I wanted to see the spunk and fire from Sally that we saw in her great-aunt. This needy insecure dishrag ain't cutting it. I want to see Sally get up in Steffy's face. Maybe the writers have purposely restrained the character so all hell will break loose with Caroline.* I'm not holding my breath.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if Coco is the secret daughter of Taylor and Prince Omar. Today's little drama in the hospital room took me back to the time right after Taylor mowed down Darla and wasn't forthcoming about driving under the influence when it happened.  There were completely different sets of circumstances but still ... The outcome for Coco and Slouchy could have been much worse.  I hope today was the end of that SL. We don't need another PSA on texting and driving and those two can exit my screen any time now.  I really don't care what kind of punishment is doled out to Coco. I'm sure that the Forrester influence will lessen the severity.  Was it my imagination or were there some glimmers of misgiving in Slouchy's eyes? It made me wonder if: A) The seriousness of what happened -- and what didn't happen actually sunk in; B) Coco's display of lack of integrity and lying cast doubt in his mind or C) He's being a pouty spoiled teenager because Mommy told him he couldn't drive for a long time. (I tend to choose C coupled with bad acting, but you never know.)

*I wasn't happy to see Caroline back. I see she still has that unflattering choppy haircut but I did like the new color. It looks so much better than when it was blonde and her smoky eye makeup really rocked the whole look.

Sadly, Sally 2.0 has none of her namesake's strength and fire. Sally 2.0 is willing to follow the lead of anyone who tells her what to do, be it her grandma or her boyfriend. As usual in Bell's world, being in love makes the female characters weak. Yes, Original Sally DID have a weakness for Clarke and allowed herself to be used by him, but she learned her lesson. Maybe that is where they will be going eventually with Thomas and Sally, if he ever gets tired of Sally's adoration.

Another strange thing about Sally 2.0 is her alleged closeness with her sister. She keeps talking about how she always looked out for Coco, and how it was just the two of them and demon grandma, and how she was both mother and sister to her, and so on, and so on. Yet the two characters have only shared a handful scenes since they came on the show almost 6 months ago. Everything we know about this supposedly close sister relationship we know because they told their respective boyfriends about it - but we haven't really seen that relationship develop on screen.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, grisgris said:

Well, (to me) there is living proof out there that having drop-dead gorgeous parents doesn't guarantee good-looking kids. I'm sorry to throw shade but I don't think those bio kids of Brangelina are very attractive. (Ducks!)  Oddly enough, I see a resemblance in Slouchy to the late great actor who played Mossimo Sr. (I am not being disrespectful but can never remember his name) but to RM and KKL -- no!  OTOH, I think that JWM and PF (and AG before him) can actually pass as the spawn of HTy and RM. And JMW is even following along the plastic surgery path of her onscreen mom. She's just a few eye lifts, lip injections and breast implants away from being an exact match -- and decades ahead of schedule.

Yes. I am being surly and cranky today. It's already pushing 90 before 9 am with gazillion percent humidity to it feels well over 100! I need to get over it and send prayers to the poor sweltering folks in Phoenix!

I'm not talking bout real life. I'm talking about the fictional fantasy world of escapism aka Soaps. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Lt Hotdog?  Isn't that below his pay grade.

I'm pretty sure Lt Hotdog's official title is "Officer of any and all things Forrester", so unfortunately he was stuck with this lame "investigation." :(

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Nancypants said:

I'm not talking bout real life. I'm talking about the fictional fantasy world of escapism aka Soaps. 

Um .... yes ... I realize that. I was speaking in a broader manner. Sometimes art imitates life and all of that!

(edited)

Recap for Mon. 7/10/17:

Seriously a huge letdown after last week's fireworks.

We open in Slouchey's hospital room where a doctor reports he has only a mild concussion and indicates he'll be fine. Brooke's relief is palpable. Ridge is nowhere to be seen. I'm sure he's still holding Quinn's hand or something.

The doctor leaves after telling RJ he'll be able to leave later that day.

Brooke is no dummy and knows that there's more to the story than what her son and his girlfriend have been telling her, especially since another car wasn't involved (unless you count the car Coco swerved to miss because she had gone left of center) and asks Coco to step out so she can speak to RJ alone.

Brooke: "How did Coco crash your father's car?" 

RJ spins it that he wanted to impress Coco and knew she'd never driven a car like that. Okay, probably not, but it wasn't like all she'd ever driven was something like this either:

5791638353_3546316d61_b.jpg

Outside in the hallway, Coco flashes back to the accident and then gets a call from Sally, asking why she was a no-show at Grams' barbecue. Coco hesitates and dodges at first, but finally admits there was an accident and that she and RJ are at the hospital.

Sally is concerned but Coco reassures her that she's fine and RJ will be, too. Thomas immediately senses something's wrong and puts the call on speaker.

Coco: "I was driving, but it never should've happened." 

Sally wants to go to the hospital but Coco says that they're fine and she doesn't need to come.

While they are still talking, Lt. Hot Dog arrives and seriously? He doesn't have anything better to do than keep tabs on the Forresters? Why am I asking why? But if he wants to stalk the Forresters, why not keep a bead on Sheila and her whereabouts?

Lt. HD, to RJ: "Were you driving?"

Before he can answer, Coco appears and finally admits what Brooke has already suspected: "I was driving. It was my fault."

Lt. HD senses an opening and grills Coco for more information about what, exactly, happened.

Coco: "I lost control."

Lt. HD: "Were you drinking?"

Coco assures him she hadn't been drinking.

Lt. HD: "You're keeping something from me."

Brooke agrees, nodding, and eyeing Coco closely: "You just don't drive down the street and hit a tree."

Coco becomes decidedly twitchy as Slouchey just lays there and...slouches. 

Brooke: "Were you texting?"

Coco cracks, sobbing: "Yes...I was texting."

Lt. HD gives her - and RJ - a well-deserved lecture about how dangerous it was, not to mention illegal.

Brooke, probably flashing back to Amber and Rick's accident, has zero patience or tolerance for such shenanigans: "You could've killed my son!"

Lt. HD: "There will be consequences for your actions. I'll be in touch." He saunters out. Coco is probably pissing down her leg right now. RJ looks about as concerned as Ridge did earlier.

Coco2.thumb.jpg.4a91eb7845d2710a017ff1d12eec5184.jpg

Brooke isn't finished with these two: "Next time you're driving, which isn't going to be for a very LONG time, you're NOT going to be on your phone..." She stares them both down. "Either of you."

It's not "I friggin forbid it" but it's pretty close with finger wagging and everything.

Brooke.thumb.jpg.164864c56f609fa07ec6c9f501eedffe.jpg

She leaves, probably to keep from slapping both of them silly, but we can see through the blinds that Lt. HD is still onsite and she's talking to him. 

Coco apologizes profusely and talks about how she deserves the consequences: "It's not over...and maybe it shouldn't be. Maybe there's something more I need to learn." Part of me is, that's exactly right, kid, but the other part is, put down the cross already, Coco.

RJ assures her that whatever "consequences" Lt. HD has in store for her, she won't go through it alone. He'll be there for her. Well, that's helpful. I guess.

She tells him how much he means to her (really?) and they embrace on his hospital bed.

Yawn...

Coco.thumb.jpg.bea6c3334c69004b308522737ec08815.jpg

We cut back to SF where a relieved Thomas tells Sally he just got off the phone with RJ's doctor, who confirms he's okay and will be released later that day. I love Sally's ruffled top and half-up/half-down do.

Sally is relieved but plans to give Coco a scolding. Wait til she learns her little sister was texting while driving...

Tally2.thumb.jpg.6878465bfde093cac22ce214d438c92e.jpg

Sally shares that all her life, she's had to be both a sister and a mother to Coco.

Thomas: "What about Shirley?"

What about her? It's clear she doesn't have a maternal bone in her body. Sally tries to cover, saying Grams was busy with the bakery, so she took care of Coco

She says this as if it was no big deal, but Thomas sees through it and is clearly touched at her care and concern for her little sister.

Tally.thumb.jpg.ae51d7f71be8a1b347b235f1d772c192.jpg

Thomas: "You...are going to be an amazing mother someday." It's a kind of out of left field comment, considering they are just starting out, but the end of the episode tells me TPTB felt it necessary to shoehorn that in. Some real "subtle" foreshadowing there.

Sally doesn't know what she'd do if anything happened to her sister or Thomas.

Later, they both try to focus on work, but Sally can't stop thinking about what could have happened to Coco. She crumples up a design she's been working on. 

At Thomas' look: "Their lives could have changed...in an instant." She's spot-on here as it just takes a moment, a heartbeat, for someone's life to be altered...forever.

He reminds her how she's changed his life and he never wants them to end, but Sally is worried their happiness (and she's the happiest she's ever been) won't last. It's what she's used to in life thus far. 

She leans against Thomas as they sit on the desk and he holds her close, sensing that's what she needs more than anything else right now.

Thomas: "That's not going to happen to us." Sally looks at him, questioning how he can be so sure.

Tally3.thumb.jpg.c3e246bcaa1611eba187b0db672afcac.jpg

He kisses her to reassure her further and it's a sweet moment.

tally4.thumb.jpg.30f860da73c2f74c9eb46473ceca0536.jpg

The phone rings and it's Saul with an apparent crisis down in the cutting room. Sure, Saul...

Thomas: "I swear he knows every time we're making out." He's probably got one of his little cameras planted in Sally's office.

He leaves to deal with whatever trumped-up issue Saul has now.

Sally goes back to sketching but it's not a minute later that the phone rings again. Sally lets it ring, but realizes Darlita isn't going to answer.

She sighs and picks up.

It's Carowhine Spencer, looking for Thomas. Ugh...

I guess this is my unpopular opinion for the day because I think her hair looks like crap. While the color is better (anything would have been an improvement over the tacky ash blond with dark brown roots), the cut is that same awful disaster it always was. 

Carowhine.jpg.30968bdbfa2adc836152c9e93ec15681.jpg

Sally is surprised: "Caroline Spencer, the mother of Thomas' son?" Kind of an awkward greeting but whatever. Caroline seems surprised that Sally knows about Douglas. 

Sally tells her he's not there at the moment but tells Caroline to try his cell.

Caroline sighs: "I have." My sense is Thomas is avoiding any calls that have nothing to do with his son and this spoiled heifer bloody well knows it.

Sally offers to take a message and Caroline pounces on that like the haughty little bitch she is, tossing out, "Look, I know that you two are in a relationship (DO YOU?) but he and I DO have a son to think about."

And her point would be?

It's the same shit she pulled on Sasha to the detriment of Tasha, although it was a hollow victory since it was pretty clear Thomas' interest in her romantically had long since waned at that point.

Also, petty, but the Sharpie eyebrows are still around although not as "Sharpie" with the haircolor change.

Carowhine2.jpg.c58c019c94fb79df2b58470e181a1d01.jpg

Sally restrains from rolling her eyes: "Ohhkay."

Caroline: "So, please have Thomas call me and I'll take it from there." You wish... Seeing her again makes me realize I didn't miss her. AT ALL. And what do you want to bet she teams up with Original Heifer to cause trouble for Tally for the few weeks she's around. Caroline hangs up with nary a "thank you" or even a "goodbye," a self-satisfied smirk on her face.

200.gif

Sally hangs up, a pissed off - and worried - expression on her face.

Sally.jpg.e862d7d380a3deee0ab73b0bf47213e2.jpg

Well, we were clamoring for some more drama where Tally is concerned, but I would much rather have seen a showdown in the making action between Sally and Fauxdi and the Spencer Summit festivities vs trotting out the long since wore out her welcome Caroline II. Because the actress is a lovely gal and has been through a lot in her personal life, but sorry, other than some moments with CaRidge, girl can't act for shit.

The return is contrived and pointless and I'm already over it.

Tally deserve more meaty storylines but this ain't it.

While I'm in a venting mood, I want to take a moment to say I'm also over the Sally 1.0 and 2.0 comparisons. They are not the same person and Sally 2.0 shouldn't be a cheap knockoff (pun intended) of her incomparable, irreplaceable aunt. For her to be some younger version would be an insult to the character and the late, great. much-missed DC. It would come off as hokey and ridiculous and it would be unfair for any actress to try and fill those platform cheetah stilettos.

They are two entirely different women and while Sally 1.0 was an influence in Sally 2.0's life, my sense is she wasn't around all that much. It was Grams, between baking jobs, and that was it. Plus, Sally 1.0 was introduced to us in her 40s vs Sally 2.0 in her 20s - they were at vastly different points in their lives. To compare and expect a Sally clone just doesn't make sense IMVHO. Even TPTB recognized this and dialed down from their initial portrayal of Sally 2.0 as a cartoonish caricature (although CH's natural charisma shone through) and just let Sally 2.0 be her own person.

I love this Sally - just as she is.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8

How did we go from several days of intensity from the Quidge reveal to this snoozefest? I don’t get it.  I actually had to watch it twice to figure out exactly what happened.

Yesterday was an exercise in what happens when you have to clean your toilet and that activity is actually more exciting than what’s being offered up onscreen. How many times are Sally 2.0 and Thomas going to regurgitate their “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me” conversations?   Just once, I would like to see them flip the script and have Thomas do a J.J. Evans (Good Times) and respond, “I knowwwwww...!”  Anything would be better than this broken record with the worn needle.   And, if Sally was so dang concerned about Coco, how much energy would it have taken to get over to the hospital to check things out for herself?  Hell, I got the Acela Express from DC to NYC last year to check on my baby sister, who was admitted to the emergency room after a diabetic episode because I was that worried.

And, speaking of walking sleep aids, I actually wondered if Slouchy and Coco are the human embodiment of Ambien’s side effects: daytime drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, feeling “drugged” or lightheaded; nausea; constipation; diarrhea; upset stomach; headache or muscle pain.  I swear that I felt most of those side effects by the time their storyline arc limped to what I hope is its pitiful conclusion.   I was also disturbed by the Taylor/Hector vibe I got from those two when Slouchy (a frigging minor) took control—speaking for Coco; telling her to come and sit by him when he didn't want her to answer Lt. Baker and Brooke's questions; and minimizing her actions.  When she was allowed to finally fess up, it was only after being repeatedly questioned.  And, she can lose me with the self-flagellation.  The girl is a serious drip and I also have to wonder about that look RJ gave at the end when she all but called him the greatest thing that’s ever happened to her. Gee—is there a theme here with these Spectra wimmen?

And, last but not least, is the return of Caroline and the baby-mama drama that undoubtedly came to Los Angeles with her.  Her commentary to Sally was totally bizarre.  The Sally of old would have put Miss Thing on blast quick, fast and in a hurry.  Like, why can’t Thomas be a father to Douglas and still be in a relationship with somebody whose name isn't Caroline Spencer Forrester? Maybe I slept through it, but were Thomas and Caroline really “a thing?”   The last thing I vaguely remember is that he was none too thrilled about Caroline hanging around while he was trying to get something going with Sasha.

I called it before and I’m calling it again. If this mess doesn’t get off the ground and Caroline’s baby-mama drama proves to have diminishing returns, these writers will do a quick switcheroo, and we will find out that little Douglas was Sludge’s kid after all—especially since he can’t be without a woman for long.

• Love 5
(edited)

@ CountryGirl: Yes, it's true that Sally 2.0 is a different character from her great-aunt, but it's hard not to make comparisons when TPTB recycle all the old Spectra scripts, right down to the names and the goofy nicknames. Not to mention when they do the exact same storylines, the exact same relationships between the characters, the exact same hand gestures...

I have actually amused myself trying to catch and write down a list of plot points, scenes or character traits in the Spectra 2.0 storyline that were lifted more or less straight from old episodes. I am currently at number 32.

It's true, the outright copying has decreased over time as the characters become more their own people, but it's still very much there and I think it's a deliberate and continuing nod to Spectra 1.0. I think of it as an in-joke aimed at long time viewers.

Edited by Videnbas
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Videnbas said:

I think of it as an in-joke aimed at long time viewers.

Same here.  And I appreciate that.

17 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I echo your comments about the lack of continuity. This show makes my head hurt trying to keep up. Where is Eric? Where is Shelia? Where is Quinn? They've been the huge story line and now....nothing? This show does this all the time. As I've said a thousand times, who's writing this crap?

The huge storyline came to the end of a chapter, now the focus is on the B-stories (however awful they may be).  It's not a writing issue, it's a production issue.  They can't be on everyday!  John McCook needs some days off.

Back in the day of the Stephanie/Brooke fued it seemed there wasn't a day where either one of them was absent.  It was like Steph and Brooke on Monday, Wednesday and Friday eps, Steph only on Tuesday and Brooke only on Thursday.  Production knew who drew viewers.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Looks like Caroline is going to give Sally the same 'Lady of the Manor' treatment she gave Maya.  And we all know how well that worked out.

Oh God...

Misunderstanding aside, Caroline needs to learn how to shit or get off the damn pot. They dated once when AG was Thomas, he still wanted her after she and Ridge broke up but she went back to NYC to her parents instead. Just no.

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

The huge storyline came to the end of a chapter, now the focus is on the B-stories (however awful they may be).  It's not a writing issue, it's a production issue.  They can't be on everyday!

And thank God for that. As someone upthread pointed out, there is finally balance to the Force on the show, where we don't have one never ending story eating up the entire series. It's just been so long that we've seen this that I think we've forgotten what that looks like.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

That's it for texting in LA while driving and causing an accident? No charge, no fine? 

I've come to learn that California is one of the very few states that actually enforces their texting laws, so there absolutely would be some fine at least, even if Brooke and Ridge won't  press any charges against Coco.

• Love 5

I really like Caroline, & I really, really like LG, however, just yuck at today's episode. It just grosses me out that Caroline wants so much to be in a relationship with Thomas, considering how the last night they spent together went down. I know that subject is off-limits on these boards, but it still just creeps me out, & when LG isn't on-screen, I don't have to think about it & I can enjoy Tally, which I do. Also, Caroline, according to those who know parenting laws on my Mommy boards, typically, when one parent (who has primary custody) moves across the country, it is the primary responsibility of the moving parent to facilitate travel between the child &/or the other parent. Thomas didn't up & move across the country, you did,  & not for a job, or anything like that, just to be close to your moms, while taking your infant son across the country from his father. If Douglas "needs his Daddy", it is on you to fix that, not Thomas, he's exactly where he always was & shouldn't have to chase you, or end a relationship with Sally, to be near his child. Thomas has a job & responsibilities, you moved across the country, you have no job, you can do a little more of the traveling. 

Having said that, Douglas was born a few weeks after my son, & my son isn't nearly as verbal as Douglas. I know it's an actor, & he's likely twice the age he's playing, but thanks for bringing the Mommy-guilt today, B&B. 

As I reread this, I wondered if someone pi$$ed in my salad at lunch (Cheerios are so breakfast-food for me), I'm not quite as bitter in life as this sounds!

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I really like Caroline, & I really, really like LG, however, just yuck at today's episode. It just grosses me out that Caroline wants so much to be in a relationship with Thomas, considering how the last night they spent together went down. I know that subject is off-limits on these boards,

Since when?

5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

It's the same shit she pulled on Sasha to the detriment of Tasha, although it was a hollow victory since it was pretty clear Thomas' interest in her romantically had long since waned at that point.

Eh, Thomas wanted Caroline to the point of invading her personal space repeatedly, not respecting her marriage to his dad to the point of cuckolding his father and fathering Douglas. He wanted her and he's now got her for life due to Douglas.  He was burnt that Caroline didn't immediately come running into his arms after CaRidge imploded. He was so lost in his vision of 'destiny' and wanting to one up daddy that he didn't care and wanted to prove his love and devotion. Well now that love and devotion is named Douglas and he's gonna keep you and Caroline linked forever now.

Sure, he seems a better fit for Sally and has matured, but I don't mind Caroline being a pain in his ass after the crap he pulled on her and Ridge.

And really, Sally and Thomas are going to have to deal with the fact that he does have other obligations. If he really wants to be a hands on father to his son (and be better than Ridge was to him) he cannot allow Caroline to be the excuse why he isn't.  Not that I'm pushing for a custody battle, but I'd expect some friction.

The better way to reintroduce Caroline would simply make her a designer at Spectra and she begins an affair with Saul.  It keeps her in play, allows her and Thomas to co-parent, but keeps them as colleagues and she can bring the estrogen back to the Spencer clan.

• Love 8

Am I bad person because the first thing that popped into my mind when Sheila opened the door for Charlie was, "I hope she chokes him to death"?

The only thing worse than Stuffy's attitude was that thing that died on her head.

• Love 13