Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Its return of the mushroom hair for Maya!

OMG. Her hair hasn't looked this whacked since her first appearance onShow...but shed just gotten out of prison back then, so I could overlook it.

"Mushroom" hair?!? What's wrong with her wearing her hair in its natural state? It looks like it's pinned back in the front. You must not be black.

• Love 5

It seems as though Brooke was mad as hell at both. Much of her outrage at Quinn is on Eric's behalf and she had very few words to say to her fiance. Maybe none at all (can't recall). I bet she won't tell Eric because it will hurt him too deeply and ruin the family. We'll see.

Maya's hair does look awful! It's probably her real hair non-flat ironed. It's bad but not fucking ridiculous like the shit Nicole wraps around her head.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ladybugnine said:

"Mushroom" hair?!? What's wrong with her wearing her hair in its natural state? It looks like it's pinned back in the front. You must not be black.

I am, actually. ;) and my hair has been natural for going on eight years. Best decision I ever made to save myself $120 dollars a month in upkeep.

I guess my joke didn't land very well, but I don't find it a flattering style on her regardless. But I agree with politichick that it looks better than Nicole's hair does on any given day.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I am, actually. ;) and my hair has been natural for going on eight years. Best decision I ever made to save myself $120 dollars a month in upkeep.

I guess my joke didn't land very well, but I don't find it a flattering style on her regardless. But I agree with politichick that it looks better than Nicole's hair does on any given day.

I don't know what happened to my response to you, but I said that I shouldn't have assumed you weren't black -- we all know what happens when one assumes, so my apologies. Her hair did look a little frizzy, or "old". Maybe she should have put some product in it to freshen it up. It looks healthy otherwise. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, politichick said:

It seems as though Brooke was mad as hell at both. Much of her outrage at Quinn is on Eric's behalf and she had very few words to say to her fiance. Maybe none at all (can't recall). I bet she won't tell Eric because it will hurt him too deeply and ruin the family. We'll see.

Maya's hair does look awful! It's probably her real hair non-flat ironed. It's bad but not fucking ridiculous like the shit Nicole wraps around her head.

She shrieked at him as she was running to get the cab:  why did you have to me me fall in love with you again!  It was kind of awesome.

Brooke said a couple of times to Quinn that she couldn't believe she would cheat with Eric's son.  Back in the day, didn't Brooke ever do that to Eric?

Back to yesterday's show, I found it very strange that $Bill was shirtless, and his son was not.  How bad can SC's bod be that won't go shirtless?

• Love 7

Recap for Fri. 3/24/17:

Eric and Brooke are still sitting on the beach together. Brooke acknowledges to him that Quinn really does love him.

About that, Brooke...

They talk about her marrying Ridge and finally getting their happily ever after and really, after 30 years, you think Brooke would have moved on long ago.

Eric: "I hope you'll have all the trust and love Quinn and I share." Well, if Brooke does remarry Ridge, she's going to get the short ends of both of those sticks.

bb-03-24-17-1.jpg

On a different part of the beach, Quinn and Ridge chitchat about Liam and Steffy's wedding and then Quinn brings up his impending wedding to Ridge.

Ridge: "It will be an end to our foolishness." Hmm...would that be his foolishness with Brooke and stringing her along and making up and breaking up cycle? Or the foolishness with him and Quinn?

bb-03-24-17-2.jpg

He tells her that Eric is a lucky guy and Quinn just laps that up like a cat with cream.

Back at the almost empty-reception area, Liam checks on Bill, who tells Liam he's all about being the father of the groom. What a weird reception, where everyone just comes and go as if there wasn't a wedding at all. Oh well, it's just another Steam wedding. You miss one, another one will be right behind it.

On the dock, Sally is being confronted by a practically foaming at the mouth Fauxdiloks.

She tries to assure Steffy that she comes in peace and Steffy, who should be so gloriously happy on this day of all days that Sally shouldn't be a blip on her bubble of bliss, snarks that she wonders why she came at all. But this is Steffy, who is never, ever happy unless someone else, particularly someone she considers beneath her, is miserable. 

Sally, who is probably thinking the same thing I am, is that, "Bitch, are you EVER happy?" has had enough: "I didn't crash this joint, and I'm not out for a publicity stunt. Although, I do see why you would be suspicious. I came as your brother's plus-one, so before you get riding too high in your saddle, I traveled a great distance to be here, would really appreciate not being treated like a second-class citizen. I came to wish you the best. So what do you say, Princess? You want to start over?" So Sally is taking the high road here and sounds sincere enough to me. The fact that she deleted the wedding photos speaks volumes (at least for now). But I think we both know how this will end. 

In a truly head-scratching moment, Ivy, looking fetching in her bikini, is giving Thomas what-for for inviting Sally to the wedding. Ok, no matter what either of them say, I'm not buying them as besties. What with the whole Steffy electrocuting Ivy and all.

Thomas-Ivy-talk-to-BB-JJ1.jpg

We cut back to the reception venue (essentially an outdoor tiki bar) and Bill is (cue the sad violins) drinking all by himselllllf.

The bartender walks over with another drink. And aw...this is cute. He tries to cheer Bill up.

Bartender: "There you go. So, what's got you down? Aren't weddings a happy occasion?"

Bill: "Yeah, well, normally they are, but this-"He catches himself.  "You know? We're not doing this." The bartender, knowing how to pick his battles, scurries away.

Katie wanders by then and I just realized I have her exact bikini. 

Katie: "Where is everyone? Where are Ridge and Quinn?" And can I just say that usually $ Bill is not this clueless. He should have picked up what Katie is trying so desperately to put down about a hundred times over by now. 

We cut back to the beach where Quinn is oh-so-nobly-and-bravely wishing Ridge all the very best with Ridge. She turns to walk away but then turns back. She just cannot quit while she's ahead, ever.

Quinn: "You know... something powerful happened between us. Whatever happened or didn't happen, we'll always have the memory. So, when you see me at the office or at the house, and you see a little glint in my eye... just know that I'm remembering this time, this really strange but special secret we share. And I think it's something that we should treasure." And there is it. I don't think she's in love with Ridge (lust, perhaps) or truly wants him. She just wants him to want her. And my, my, isn't that the catbird's seat usually occupied by Ridge? Where he just keeps every woman who has ever crossed his path keeping the torch aflame?

As predictable as ever, Steffy snobbily scoffs at Sally's offer to start over and Thomas shows up just as things are getting really ugly. And by ugly, I mean Steffy.

Steffy: "You have no intentions of being friends with me. All you want from me, or from Thomas, is just to use us!" 

Thomas: "Stef, calm down!"

Steffy, out-screeching her screech fest at Quinn in Monte Carlo at this point: "No! Where are the cameras? Where are the cameras, Sally?" 

Sally: "There aren't any!" Um, she's wearing a bikini, Steffy. Where, exactly, is she supposed to stash a camera?

Steffy: "You're just trying to leech off of my success, like you always do!" The success that was given to you on a silver platter that matches the silver spoon you were born with, perfectly.

Sally, her jaw clenched, her pride wounded: "Okay, I didn't come all the way to Australia to be treated like this."

Steffy, sputtering and out of control: "No, you came to Australia to throw more cake on me, to toss another drink on me, all so you could just post it online to try to gain more followers. Well, it's not happening this time, Sally. You're leaving." She's a nanosecond away from holding Sally under the water and if you think she's not contemplating that, well...I have no words for you.

Sally: "You want me to leave your reception?"

Steffy: "Yeah, I want you to leave my reception. Actually, I want you to leave Australia." So now Steffy owns the entire continent? Entitled heifer.

Having backed Sally to the edge of the dock, she grabs Sally's hand. Sally tries to get Steffy to let go but she ends up falling into the harbor (and really, show, again with the Spectra in the drink? It was old back in the 80s and it's old now). 

Steffy: "Bon voyage!," laughing like the evil bitch she is and again, shouldn't she busy honeymooning with true wuv Waffles?

But her plan to make Sally look stupid enough for Thomas to change his mind about her backfires spectacularly as he jumps in the water after her and they swim back to the dock.

Sally, who knows how to take heifers like Steffy on the chin, shares a laugh with Thomas, and says: "I kind of thought she was gonna come around."

And you can see a tiny part of her had some hope. Thomas knows better, but soothes her with a sweet kiss.

bb-03-24-17-3.jpg

Brooke finds Bill still sitting all by his lonesome and asks if he's seen Ridge. She looks gorgeous in that cobalt blue bathing suit.

They have a cute moment when she asks if he's seen Ridge.

Bill, deadpan: "Never heard of him."

Brooke: "How about the no-good dressmaker? Have you seen him?"

Bill: "Oh, that -- the poser! Yeah, yeah, yeah!  I think he wandered off that way." The lighthearted moment quickly fades and his face saddens once more: "Brooke. I really was sure he was going to screw you over again, that you would never marry him. And yet, here we are, and here I am. Wondering 'what do I do now?' Because I really did believe that all of this was ultimately about our destiny. And who knows? Maybe it still is. Just know that I'll be thinking about you. And I'll be here for you. Always. Even if you're not mine."

Please let this trip to Aussieland include a Brill wedding that sticks, but so long as it doesn't include yet another Bridge wedding, I will take what I can get.

Quinn: "I'm sorry."

Ridge: "No. Don't do that. Don't apologize. We both know what could have happened. As much as we hate each other." What could have happened? Excuse me. No. What did happen. Just because they didn't fuck doesn't mean they didn't cheat, lie, betray. Because they most assuredly did.

Quinn: "And we always will."

Ridge: "Always will. But you're right, there was a connection. A spark. It was very strange and... very special. And 100% over." Raise your hand if you think it's over? Oh, no one, I see.

Quinn: "Can I tell you something?"

Ridge: "Do I want to hear it?" Of course your fragile little ego wants to hear this.

Quinn-Ridge-smile-BB-CBS-300x175.jpg

Quinn: "I don't know, but I really want to say it. I fell hard for your father. He was the first healthy relationship I've ever had. Something so honest and pure, and he gave me everything I've ever wanted." And you just had to piss all over it. "See, I spent my whole life believing what everyone always said about me, that I was awful and that I was a witch, that I didn't deserve anyone or anything. Until your father. He said, 'it's not true.' He made me realize that I was decent, and that I deserved happiness. I spent my entire life waiting to feel this way. But look at me now. I found love. Not once, but twice." Oh my Lord, woman. You did not find love with Ridge so stop humming Rhianna's "We Found Love in a Hopeless Place" in your head. Love is not simply an emotion. It's a behavior. It's a choice, every day. No matter what. It is most certainly not lying, cheating, deceiving, betraying. Eric did give her "everything" but she, like Ridge, is a barrel with a hole in it. She will never be satisfied or filled. She will always be broken and broken attracts broken. 

She will never have a truly healthy relationship until she figures out her "why." Why she would have such a good, caring man who loves her, flaws and all, and choose to have her cake and eat it, too, by fucking around with his son. And Ridge, it's clear, has never, ever figured out his "why" and it's equally clear that he doesn't give two shits. Because for every woman who is hurt by him and shuns him, there's at least one more out there, waiting in the wings, willing to accept the paltry crumbs he has to offer.

They are emotional vampires. Perhaps that's why they work. 

Katie finds Eric sitting alone. She's surprised to find that Quinn isn't with him. Or is she?

She tells him she's going to take a stroll down the beach. To see what she can see (aka spy on), I'm sure.

Steffy finally meets up with her groom and they roll around in the water and kiss.

Sadly, this does not happen.

kd1XE_s-200x150.gif

Quinn doesn’t need Ridge to say anything.

Quinn: "I don't need anything from you at all. I just wanted you to know. This part of me that I was never able to access before, until I met your father, the ability to love a man. It's there for you, too.  I don't want you to leave Brooke. (Big of you - telling him to stay with Brooke while pining for her?) You're marrying her tomorrow, and I think that's wonderful.  I think this is something we just need to acknowledge. Your father...he opened up my heart, and I was able to appreciate you. (Wait - so it's somehow Eric's fault that she's cheating on him with his own son????) I was able to let the great Ridge Forrester (gag!) actually look at me and see what I was hiding. Nobody's ever gonna know about us. (Except Ivy also knows about the kissing and Charlie and Katie are on to you.) The kisses we shared. It's just - there's too much at stake. But we're gonna know. And we're gonna carry it with us. And for that, I am so grateful. Goodbye, Ridge." She looks longingly at him.

And what do we have here?

Not Katie, spying on them for once, but Brooke.

Brooke-trees-BB-CBS-300x175.jpg

My face?

giphy.gif

She's at first a teensy bit confused, but you can see the moment she starts to get it. Her eyes get all squinty as she sees Quinn stroking Ridge's arms.

Quinn: "I wish you and Brooke nothing but the best." Sure you do.

She leans in to give him a peck on the cheek as the music begins to build.

But Ridge doesn't let it go at that and pulls her close, kissing her more passionately.

bb-03-24-17-4.jpg

And the practiced way he does it, the easy way she melts into his arms, tells Brooke that this kiss? Not the first one they've shared. Not even close.

Brooke is shocked and angry and hurt.

Ridge, having no idea the damage he's caused (not that he'd care) strolls away, one cool cucumber of a motherfucker, and Quinn just stands there, until he's gone, her fingers on her lips.

She turns, her blissful smile shattered as she sees Brooke standing in front of her. Dun-dun-dun!!!!!!!

And I would be all for cheering on for Brooke to burn shit down Angela Bassett-style but we all know Quinn is going to to be the scapegoat when Ridge is equally to blame. And we have to see Katie gloat...

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Ladybugnine said:

don't know what happened to my response to you, but I said that I shouldn't have assumed you weren't black -- we all know what happens when one assumes, so my apologies.

Lol, no worries. Given the world we live in, I would be said the same thing :p

1 hour ago, Ladybugnine said:

Her hair did look a little frizzy, or "old". Maybe she should have put some product in it to freshen it up. It looks healthy otherwise. 

Despite not caring for the style, I'm glad to see KM and other black women on TV sporting more natural hairstyles beyond the afro these days. I went natural out of financial necessity when I was stationed in Japan and it made no financial sense to pay the equivalent of $120 a month for a relaxer that would stay straight for a week if I were lucky with that horrendous humidity in Yokosuka; and after one bad experience that resulted in hair coming out at the roots I didn't trust anyone else on my ship to do it for me.

To keep a long story short, I got a lot of criticism for that decision...followed by a lot of praised from those same people once the trend took off it grew out and folks saw it could look good. 

59 minutes ago, bannana said:

Brooke said a couple of times to Quinn that she couldn't believe she would cheat with Eric's son.  Back in the day, didn't Brooke ever do that to Eric?

Brooke "My Lack of Irony is Pasted on Yay" Logan, everyone.

Just...?

• Love 12

I'm hoping Brad Bell was being funny with Brooke about cheating on a husband with the son. He had to be giggling about the hypocrisy as he was writing it.

I must say that Australia really emptied out for the big reveal. There was an empty tiki bar, an empty beach for Quinn, Brooke, Eric & Ridge and an empty parking lot with a bus. They didn't really show that much of Australia except for The Opera House, the beach & the marina which Sally was pushed into. It was kind of a letdown. They didn't seem to film that much. Weren't they there for a whole week?

• Love 9

Even before I read the discussion, I was going to post that I liked Maya's new hairstyle.  I saw it the other evening when I was watching Monday's spoiler video. I like it better than when it was long and straight.

Yeah. I hope that when all hell finally breaks loose that Quinn will throw that little barb back in Brooke's face about "cheating with Eric's son."  Brooke had better hold Ridge's feet to the fire and not make Quinn the scapegoat for the whole scenario.

It makes me mad that Ivy's been relegated to being Steffy's wedding planner.  It makes no sense that Ivy would settle for friendship/"cousinship" with that heifer. She's suffered severe injury at Steffy's hand twice and there is no way in hell that I'd let that hell-bound steamroller within a city block of me. Really, if the writers can't find anything more suitable for the character, then I say write her out. I really didn't pay much attention but is Ivy even in the new into? I see that Zzzzendcole is, so that seems like we're going to be stuck with them at least in the foreseeable future.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I'm hoping Brad Bell was being funny with Brooke about cheating on a husband with the son. He had to be giggling about the hypocrisy as he was writing it.

I must say that Australia really emptied out for the big reveal. There was an empty tiki bar, an empty beach for Quinn, Brooke, Eric & Ridge and an empty parking lot with a bus. They didn't really show that much of Australia except for The Opera House, the beach & the marina which Sally was pushed into. It was kind of a letdown. They didn't seem to film that much. Weren't they there for a whole week?

To be fair, it seemed like the B&B cast were also doing a  lot of fan events, more so than they usually seem to do during on-location shoots. Plus I'm sure the first and last days were mostly travel days. I'm glad I hit port in Sydney on the Navy's dime years ago because 24 hours on a plane ain't for me. :p

It just hit me as I typed this that this could've been a good place to plug Liam the crunchy bleeding heart into giving a shout out to the bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef going on right now.  I realize he only cares about good causes when his waffles are dry, but I think it would've worked here.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6

Ridge really didn't look too distraught when Brooke ran off in her taxi with Quinn coming up saying she saw us before running off as well. He seemed annoyed that he was expected to follow them.

Brooke spent way too much time talking to Quinn. Points to Quinn for not grabbing the nearest hard object and cracking Brooke upside the head to stop her from leaving. She used her words. Words combined into a load of B.S. but no threats and no lethal actions. When you're still trying to pull the whole 'who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes' angle, you ain't up to no good. If there is one thing Brooke Logan knows when she sees it, it's longing, lustful, loving glances and kisses. She's the Queen of that shit. Quinn and Ridge? Ya busted.

There was a moment when Bill's face deflated as he and Katie were talking that he did look like an older, wearier dark haired Liam and Wyatt. DD, DB, and SC do mimic each other and match as a father and son. Good casting.

Still, really, Bill? Really Katie? Brooke and Ridge are not topics you need to discuss. HT and DD have great exes chemistry but the characters really can't go there. The last year of unstable Katie and long suffering Bill was brutal. This sad sack Bill needed to be paired with Ivy who becomes determined to cheer him up and offended that he's ignoring the splendors of her home nation and makes it her personal mission to show him all that Australia has to offer and he's so distracted he doesn't even think to gripe about Brooke or Ridge.

• Love 12

Once again I find myself interjecting personal experiences into soap opera characters, but I'm sick and tired of low lives, such as Brooke and Katie, sleep their way to the top and condemn someone else who they think have done the same. How many men did Brooke have to sleep with to get her mansion and how many men did Katie sleep with before she got to Bill?  Quinn has only one love and that is Eric. Quinn it's lust not love you feel for Ridge. 

I still feel Eric will forgive Quinn but Brooke won't forgive Ridge. I'm not condoning the kisses but Brooke should seriously take a good look at herself in the mirror. 

Small rant:  Why on gods green earth do millionaires have to take a shuttle?  They can't afford a cab?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

how many men did Katie sleep with before she got to Bill

On Show? Just Nick. Unless teenage Katie ever got a boyfriend. But that's hardly a point in her favor, because Bridget. 

32 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Quinn has only one love and that is Eric.

I hope that this sticks. I really do. Besides not wanting to sit through another round of Ridge breaking Eric's heart, it's beyond time for Quinn to move past her crazy bullshit to be a viable character. There's no one else to pair her up with, so she could at least get a story of working out her issues, like Steph got when they realized she was getting way to vile even for her  (Or maybe Susan Flannery pushed for one. That wouldn't surprise me).

• Love 9
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I doubt that any of those scenes were really shot in Australia. The bar looked suspiciously like Il Giardino/Sky Lounge, and the beach/parking lot may just as well have been shot in LA.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Videnbas said:

I doubt that any of those scenes were really shot in Australia. The bar looked suspiciously like Il Giardino/Sky Lounge, and the beach/parking lot may just as well have been shot in LA.

I forgot to add...LOL!! I knew it was LA by how private everything was. I'm assuming they did that so their would be spoilers and 100's of people watching them tape the Brooke & Quinn scenes.....I'm guessing. I was still let down by the "big reveal". I thought both Eric & Brooke would see and hear everything. There has been so much buildup that I thought it would have been more earth shattering. It doesn't even look like Ridge cares if Brooke knows. Maybe, it's a relief for him and now he can kiss Quinn in public. LOL!!

• Love 5

I think somewhere deep inside Ridge and Quinn wanted to get caught. Regardless of the consequences, the weight of whatever it is that hangs between them is bigger than the fear of being outed (and I ain't talking about Ridge's male appendage there). I don't think either of them understand, or know how to handle their feelings, and have been wanting someone else to blow the whistle so all the cards could be thrown on the table and they could both figure out who and what they want. I agree with CountryGirl about them being broken; Quinn more so than Ridge. Quinn is like a little kid who has never had a toy, and has been turned loose in FAO Schwartz; she wants it all, and doesn't understand that she already has that. OTOH, I think Ridge is truly befuddled by his feelings, or desire, or whatever it is he feels for Quinn. Outside of his relationship with Katie, Ridge has never allowed himself to stray. No matter how much pressure Brooke or Taylor applied, Ridge would not budge, not even a kiss. With Quinn, it is as if he cannot help or stop himself. 

I felt like I was watching Stephanie and Quinn. Brooke telling Quinn she was like a disease that had infected "all of us", clearly saying "her family." Brooke telling Quinn she couldn't believe she would betray Eric with his own son however, was the height of hypocrisy. I don't think Brooke will tell Eric. I don't think she would be able to handle his hurt and pain and confusion. No doubt Ridge and Quinn will arrive in the nick of time and he will somehow get Brooke out of there and try to convince her to stay with him and not tell Eric. I really hope Show has more surprises up it's sleeves. 

That was indeed an odd reception that faded very quickly into unhappiness and grouchiness for all. Bill, too much sun and booze. Katie, too much time for nosiness. Sally, getting pushed into the drink. Eric, alone at the bar, looking for his wife. The two newlyweds off somewhere leaving their guests to fend for themselves. And Brooke, getting her Destiny blown up once again. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13

I would love it if this Ridge/Quinn storyline turns out to be a karma storyline for Brooke.  She's been running around for 30 years stealing people's boyfriends & husbands and it didn't matter if it was Stephanie's husband, Taylor's husband, Bridget's husband, Katie's husband or Hope's boyfriend.  It didn't matter to Brooke that it would hurt Eric to cheat on his with his own son.  It was all about Brooke and her needs and her destiny and her desires and everyone else? Sorry your feelings are hurt, but this is Destiny!

This is where Stephanie is sorely missed, because Stephanie would've read Brooke for filth about boundaries (and then addressed Quinn later).  Like, you're seriously going off on Quinn about cheating on Eric with his son and you did the same thing yourself? Girl bye.

• Love 12

I can't believe people are rooting for an Ivy and Bill pairing. Certainly she deserves better than to be passed through the family of Spencer men. Eww. Time to move past that incestuous crap.

As someone noted, Maya definitely needs to style that mess on her head. I am black and I think it looks like a rat's nest. There's no shape, it looks dry. I have no problem with her going natural, but put some care into it.

Can't wait to hear what Brooke has to say about how upset she is because like several of you I don't think she's prepared to break Eric's heart. Love how Brooke said "Do you think I'd marry a man you have to explain to me?" Maybe Quinn and Ridge are soul mates. Either way, I don't think he should marry Brooke because he clearly isn't into it or her. He's just fulfilling an obligation and stupid Brooke doesn't even see the difference between the way Bill wants her and the way Ridge wants her. She needed to see that kiss.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I would love it if this Ridge/Quinn storyline turns out to be a karma storyline for Brooke.  She's been running around for 30 years stealing people's boyfriends & husbands and it didn't matter if it was Stephanie's husband, Taylor's husband, Bridget's husband, Katie's husband or Hope's boyfriend

In defense of the last on, that was just absolute stupidity on her part along with the contrived set-up to get Brooke and Oliver to bang by mistake and not notice...which is ridiculous on her part, but far from being in the same category as what happened with Deacon.

But Brooke's had plenty of karma stories that don't stick because it's Brooke. While outright affairs have not been much in Ridge's history, throw Brooke under the bus for his own needs certainly is and she's a fool to take him back.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

In defense of the last on, that was just absolute stupidity on her part along with the contrived set-up to get Brooke and Oliver to bang by mistake and not notice...which is ridiculous on her part, but far from being in the same category as what happened with Deacon.

But Brooke's had plenty of karma stories that don't stick because it's Brooke. While outright affairs have not been much in Ridge's history, throw Brooke under the bus for his own needs certainly is and she's a fool to take him back.

To be honest, nothing sticks on this show, which is why we get insane dialogue like Brooke berating Quinn about sleeping with father and son, when she did it herself, or Katie going off about family betrayal with Brooke when she did the same thing to Bridget. Hell, Stephanie helped orchestrate Brooke's rape and the two ended up bosom buddies. 

Edited by Dream Boy
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Steffy now has strong competition in the worst hair category. What is that on Maya's head?

Rick-Maya-worried-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

Actually, I thought her hair was fine (better than some of those things they put on her head in days gone by) but the dress isn't very flattering.

• Love 2

Recap for Mon. 3/27/17:

We open at FC and Maya tells Rick how nice it is to see him behind the desk. He tells her not to get used to it because Steffy and Ridge will be back soon.

Rick is dressed as sharp as always (Ridge and Thomas should take notes). I think Maya's hair is cute and sassy.

Rick-Maya-worried-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

Apparently there's not much going on at FC at the moment because talk quickly turns to the wedding.

Rick: "I haven't heard from mom, but no news is good news." Well, that's about to change. Eric calls to check in and reveals Fauxdilok's "look at me, look at me, I'm the biggest attention whore of all time" zipline entrance. Maya seems impressed by that and what I wouldn't give to have her snark on Steffy a little bit.

Knowing there's another wedding looming on the horizon, Maya asks Rick how he feels about Brooke marrying Ridge.

Rick: "I'm trying to be positive about it but I'm still worried." As you should be.

He remarks on how good his father sounded and as much as it pains him to admit it, he thinks maybe he's been wrong about Quinn.

We cut to the action we all really care about - the showdown on the beach between Quinn and Brooke.

Quinn, feebly protesting, "That moment between me and Ridge...it wasn't what it looked like." Oh come on, Quinn. Even if Ridge hadn't conveniently exited, he would be telling you, "The gig is up, baby."

Brooke: "SHUT UP!" Her voice lowers to an outright hiss: "You’re like a disease that’s come over us, one by one, but that.is.it. Your time is done.” 

bb-brooke-quinn.jpg?crop=faces,top&fit=c

In the still embarrassingly-empty reception area, Eric and Katie chat with the bartender.  And lookie who walks up, as nonchalant as ever...Ridge. He doesn't see Brooke or Quinn but doesn't appear bothered by the fact at all.

Eric-Katie-Ridge-reception-BB-JJ.jpg

Hot on his heels is Bill, who is decidedly salty, with too much sun and booze, and is definitely not pleased to see Ridge.

Bill: “Don’t you have a wedding to rehearse for, and a loving, trusting woman’s heart to break? Again?”

After that parting shot, Bill leaves with Katie trailing behind him. Interesting that she didn't stay behind to see what was going on with Ridge.

Back in Katie's hotel room (with a little bit of awkwardness and Katie formally invites him in), he declines another drink. She listens as he tells her he was so sure it would be over with Ridge and Brooke by now. Then he has the (mostly empty I'm guessing) threat of starting over in Sydney.

Katie-Bill-consider-move-BB-JJ-300x175.j

Katie once again drops some Reese's Pieces and sighs, wondering about the strange coincidence of Quinn and Brooke disappearing at the EXACT SAME TIME but Bill is not ET and continues to ignore her.

Katie, still trying, "Maybe they had something to talk about." 

We cut back to said "talking," well, right now, Brooke is yelling at Quinn for daring to cheat on Eric with his own son.

At first, I'm all, back the truck up, Brooke. You cheated on Eric, too, with the very same son and I do think that part is very hypocritical. But the rest of her past is none of Quinn's business and I'm going to go against the grain for the moment and argue that while yes, Brooke has about zero leg to stand on where cheating on Eric is concerned, I think as Ridge's current fiancee, with her marriage to him mere hours away, that when she saw Quinn and Ridge kissing, hell yeah she had a right to say something about it and not nicely either.

I don't think she has any right to pontificate about fidelity or go on some witch hunt against Quinn, but I do think she has an absolute right as an immediate wronged party to call Quinn out on her bullshit, especially with "this wasn't what it looked like" out and out lying. Adding obvious insult to injury. And yes, Brooke has the right, in fact, I'd say, the duty to tell Eric, the other wronged part. Or, ensure he's told. What he does with the information is up to him at that point.

Quinn: "There was no cheating!" Girl, you've been flat-out busted, so please. Stop.

Brooke: "That will be for ERIC to decide!" And she is 100% right about that as I just stated.

A clearly desperate, twitchy Quinn pleads with Brooke: "I can explain things." Brooke just stares at her like, "Go ahead, cray-cray. Try and explain why your lips were on my soon-to-be-husband."

Quinn does the whole San Francisco dog and pony show, calling what happened "a gift" and Brooke, looking like she is about to vomit, isn't buying it.

She tries to sell her on as a good thing as it brought the family back together. Under the falsest of pretenses.

She begs Brooke not to cancel her wedding and that statement was like pouring kerosene on a fire.

Brooke, aghast, "Do you really think I would marry a man you have to EXPLAIN to me?" Quinn gulps. "After what I saw today, I won't have a husband...and neither will YOU!"

Eric learns the hotel shuttle is in route and indicates he's going to look for Quinn. Ridge realizing something is most definitely up and none of it good persuades Eric to hop on the shuttle and he'll find Quinn and Brooke and make sure they get back to the hotel okay.

Still on the beach, Brooke again rails at Quinn for betraying Eric and all of Quinn's pleading and protesting won't change that fact. Nor will her groveling move a stone-faced Brooke.

She asks the question I've been waiting for her to ask since she saw the kiss: “That wasn’t the first time, was it?”

Quinn doesn't try to deny it this time, but asserts she'll do anything to make things right.

Brooke doesn't give a good god damn and insists she's telling Eric and trudges off across the sand and towards the parking lot. She just misses Eric but she doesn't miss Ridge.

One look at her angry, hurt face and he knows...

She screams at him: "How could you make me fall in love with you again?" She jumps into a cab, which quickly speeds away, leaving Ridge standing there.

While part of me is thinking, look, woman,  you knew what you were getting when you agreed to marry this asshole again. But hurt is hurt...and what hurts the most is that she hurt Bill, absolutely gut-punched him for NOTHING. Because Bill was right. Past is prologue and she should have known this better than anyone.

Quinn races up, breathless, telling Ridge what is certainly not brand-new information: "She SAW us!"

They jump into a cab together and Quinn is freaking out about what the news will do to Eric. She should have thought about that long before now. In the words of the lovely Halle Berry to Eddie Murphy in Boomerang: "Love should've brought your ass home."

At the hotel, Eric leaves Quinn a message that all is well. Ohhhh, Eric.

He looks up in surprise at the pounding on his door and opens it to find a clearly upset Brooke on the other side. He is immediately concerned.

Eric: "Are you okay?"

Brooke: "I'm not okay!" Duh. "Something HORRIBLE is going on and you need to know about it."

Will Ridge and Quinn arrive and interrupt her? 

I think Eric is going to be kept in the dark...for a while.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Doesnt' have to be a bad bod, it could be scars, an embarrassing tattoo or anything else.

I wondered this too, I think there must be something else, and not a lack of a sixpack.  I believe he even wore the t-shirt in the ocean.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I think somewhere deep inside Ridge and Quinn wanted to get caught. Regardless of the consequences, the weight of whatever it is that hangs between them is bigger than the fear of being outed (and I ain't talking about Ridge's male appendage there). I don't think either of them understand, or know how to handle their feelings, and have been wanting someone else to blow the whistle so all the cards could be thrown on the table and they could both figure out who and what they want. I agree with CountryGirl about them being broken; Quinn more so than Ridge. Quinn is like a little kid who has never had a toy, and has been turned loose in FAO Schwartz; she wants it all, and doesn't understand that she already has that. OTOH, I think Ridge is truly befuddled by his feelings, or desire, or whatever it is he feels for Quinn. Outside of his relationship with Katie, Ridge has never allowed himself to stray. No matter how much pressure Brooke or Taylor applied, Ridge would not budge, not even a kiss. With Quinn, it is as if he cannot help or stop himself. 

I don't see Ridge quite that way. I think he strayed, if only emotionally, many a time. Yes, when he was committed to Brooke, he remained faithful, physically speaking, but his mind was on Taylor. Vice versa when he was committed to Taylor.

And while I don't recall him ever physically straying while married (well, except for that pesky email/hall pass with Morgan), he had no problem being the affair partner with how many married women at this point? After all, Brooke couldn't have cheated on Eric without his help.

He physically cheated with Caroline I while she was married to Thorne (as well as emotionally cheating on Brooke with Caroline I).

His physical and emotional cheating with Brooke while she was married to Eric. 

Even more recently, he cheated on Brooke with Katie (whom he was engaged to at the time) and now, Quinn. He cheated on then-fiancee Katie with Caroline II. That's just in the past few years. 

He'll cheat with married women and he'll cheat on those whose left ring finger is adorned with his engagement ring and he'll openly (or not so openly) flirt, eyefuck, share confidences with other women not his wife. He is as broken as they come and this seems like just another chapter in Ridge's playbook.

The difference with Quinn is he's never before hated someone with a passion and they hated him right back and had those feelings turn on a dime. That's something new for him, anyway, and that's what he's drawn to. I can guarantee that once the shiny newness wears off, this thing with Quinn (as intriguing as it is to watch) will be a mere notch on his filled with holes belt.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13

First thing that comes to mind is that Maya has some nerve sitting on the CEO desk. I find it very disrespectful.  

Just two other comments. First, Quinn and Ivy are the only ones who constantly dress like they belong to a major fashion house.  IMO Sally has more fashion sense than Steffy. Sally dresses like a Spectra should but Steffy dresses like a counter girl for H&M. Second, Brooke is suddenly a born again virgin. The Golden Cooter has regained its adolescents.  Brooke's glass house has become a screened in porch but in Brooke's defense, she's right about Ridge.  

Zende is the most boring husband and since Liam is now married, he's the second most boring husband. The biggest difference is that Zende is willing to take his shirt off.  There are pictures of SC shirtless on the web which are complimentary so I wouldn't know why he wouldn't go shirtless. 

• Love 7

I have figured out that I don't care much for Quinn. I can't put my finger on why though.

Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I've always liked Eric and I don't like seeing him conned. Meh.

Edited by Ryan Chamberlain
  • Love 2

Nicole and Zzzzende are as boring as they've always been. Rick and Maya were barely alive in their scenes. Even the scenes with Brooke, Ridge and Quinn seemed half hearted. Why wasn't Brooke screaming at the top of her lungs at Ridge? His reactions and responses to her were like "Ok, you say a line and then I'll say a line", etc, etc. There was no heat, no passion, no angst. Even Quinn seemed subdued compared to her other interactions in the past. Hell, people. Your lives are imploding and this is the most emotion you can muster?! Give me a freaking break.

• Love 5

I think part of the problem is that there is just no chemistry at all between KKL and TK.  I think that earlier on KKL tried very hard to generate something but now it's clear that she's given up entirely. Yes. It was just like they were reading lines today. 

KKL was good today in conveying her anger and I'm glad she chewed Ridge out and didn't let him use R.J. as an excuse (again.)  But when Ridge was just standing there sheepishly reciting, "I won't do it again," it rang with lack of conviction.  It kind of reminded me of a little kid who ate the chocolate chip cookie dough before Mom got a chance to bake it. The action had potential to cause "harm" to others but the offender didn't really GAF and by all means will try/do it again after a requisite amount of time and "good behavior" has passed.

Why can't it just be enough to tell Eric (and others) that Brooke and Ridge are having some issues and have decided to call the wedding off for now and leave it at that? That will give Quinn and Ridge license then to sneak around to meet and discuss how "they're never going to ... again ... " as well as their close call. Then Katie and Ivy can skulk around and eavesdrop and eventually figure things out.

I just can't believe that Brooke will let Ridge and Quinn talk her into going through with the wedding. Part of me really doesn't feel a bit sorry for her.  She's like another child; this one who repeatedly sticks pointed objects into the electrical outlet and has blind faith that the next time won't give her another nasty shock. (I know that's really Ivy's area, but what the hell?!) Speaking of, Ivy IS in the new opening credits, but I believe for just one frame.

• Love 12

Bill: “Don’t you have a wedding to rehearse for, and a loving, trusting woman’s heart to break? Again?”

Oh shut up Bill. As if you haven't done the same damn thing. So tired of his whining.

I think part of the problem is that there is just no chemistry at all between KKL and TK.

Nope not a bit and this is why I cannot believe this show broke up Ridge and Caroline II for this. Because TK actually had chemistry there.

She's been running around for 30 years stealing people's boyfriends & husbands and it didn't matter if it was Stephanie's husband, Taylor's husband, Bridget's husband, Katie's husband or Hope's boyfriend.  It didn't matter to Brooke that it would hurt Eric to cheat on his with his own son.  It was all about Brooke and her needs and her destiny and her desires and everyone else? Sorry your feelings are hurt, but this is Destiny!

Word. And her hypocritical crap about the father and son stuff with Quinn? Please. Just stop.

• Love 12

If Aly were alive, I'd like Aly for Saul.  Unless they bring in a new guy or go down the Spencer road, Ivy is limited because she's related to everyone else.

I did have to laugh when Eric was like "Well, I don't want to talk bad about my son, BUT..."

This show is set in L.A.  How come none of the Forresters have hooked up with a movie star?  If not a movie star, there could be a character who's a waiter at Cafe Russe who's a struggling actor/actress or a character who's on a hit TV show.  Or a character who's on a hit reality show?  I know the show has mixed Hollywood in a storyline before (the Stephanie calls Charlton Heston for a function but Brooke tries to shut it down storyline).  Since the show is emphasizing Sally and Steffy and Wyatt and Nicole being concerned about likes, retweets & hashtags, there could be a fashion blogger character stirring up trouble.  Why not have a fashion director character that works at Spencer Publications or a shady stylist stirring up trouble? Or maybe Forrester could've had their own version of Project Runway?

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, grisgris said:

Why can't it just be enough to tell Eric (and others) that Brooke and Ridge are having some issues and have decided to call the wedding off for now and leave it at that? That will give Quinn and Ridge license then to sneak around to meet and discuss how "they're never going to ... again ... " as well as their close call. Then Katie and Ivy can skulk around and eavesdrop and eventually figure things out.

As much as nosy Katie annoys me, she shouldn't have to skulk around to find out the truth.   Brooke needs to confess to Katie and give her a big ol' apology!  

FINALLY something is happening. I might start watching again.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

It's obvious that tptb have been reading the message boards.  The words that Brooke said to Ridge could be lifted off any B&B message board on the internet.  I agree with all those who say that there's no connection between TK and KKL.  She's giving it her best shot but he seems to be going through the motions.  I'm surprised that Eric didn't ask Quinn if she was ill because she looked like she was going to have a stroke.  I thought it was hysterical when Eric said 'I don't want to say anything bad about my son, BUT...'  It's been a long time coming.

It made me sick to hear Ridge try to wheedle Brooke into marrying him when he so obviously wants someone else.  Whether or not he has an affair with Quinn is less important than the fact that he was sneaking around with another woman while he was planning to marry Brooke.  Even if Brooke doesn't tell Eric, she has to realize that she can't marry Ridge. If Brooke has any self-respect (and that's a good question) she has no business marrying Ridge.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I agree with all those who say that there's no connection between TK and KKL.  She's giving it her best shot but he seems to be going through the motions. 

Chemistry is a weird thing, sometimes it has nothing to do with the acting ability of the couple involved.  KKL and TK are both able actors, they can try and pull it off, but if the chemistry isn't there, it isn't there. Only the best of the best, under the best conditions can manufacture it.  I didn't think they had any chemistry when TK first came on, and the case has not altered.  TK and RS on the other hand, whether they intended to or not, the chemistry's there.

• Love 10

I'm so proud of Brooke.  I've loved the character since the very beginning, even when I haven't loved what she's done.  I think she FINALLY grew up today.   I hope she has. 

Who ever thought that Brooke would finally demand more than 'destiny'?  That she would actually demand RESPECT.  Not just from Ridge but from herself as well. 

I pray that Brooke keeps her word.  She deserves it.  And RJ can pound sand.  If his mother is supposed to be miserable to make him happy, then he really is Ridge's son.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

I'm so proud of Brooke.  I've loved the character since the very beginning, even when I haven't loved what she's done.  I think she FINALLY grew up today.   I hope she has. 

Who ever thought that Brooke would finally demand more than 'destiny'?  That she would actually demand RESPECT.  Not just from Ridge but from herself as well. 

I pray that Brooke keeps her word.  She deserves it.  And RJ can pound sand.  If his mother is supposed to be miserable to make him happy, then he really is Ridge's son.

BROOKE IS BACK! I knew she had a spine!

• Love 4

Recap for Tues. 3/28/17:

We open in Eric's hotel suite and he is urging a visibly upset Brooke to tell him what's going on. Please, Brooke, spill every last drop of tea.

Brooke-holding-head-Eric-BB-HW-300x175.j

Brooke tells him it's about Ridge and starts to set the stage of seeing something on the beach when, as many of us predicted, Ridge and Quinn burst into the room. 

brooke-eric-quinn-ridge-bold-beautiful.j

Ridge: "Whatever you're saying, you got to stop." You've got some balls, Ridge. 

Quinn asks Eric if he's all right. Oh, NOW she cares?

Eric shoos her concern away, saying that it's Brooke he's worried about and wants to know what's going on.

Ridge, daring to speak for Brooke, snots, "Nothing. I got to talk to Brooke alone."

Eric wants to know if they are still getting married the next day. I sure as hell hope not.

Ridge: "Everything is fine. We just need to talk this through right now."

Brooke, finally remembering she has a voice, "HOW?"

Eric, growing more concerned by the moment, "Brooke, tell me what's going on. I need to know."

Brooke, disgusted at Ridge's tactics: "Yeah. Tell him. Eric needs to know."

Ridge: "Let's just go to our room and talk about it. Hear me out. Please." I wish she'd tell him to go piss up a rope. Against her better judgment, Brooke follows him out.

Eric: "What the hell is going on here? Do you know?" Quinn looks guilty as hell.

And let the lies begin (well, today's lies anyway):

Quinn: "I'm not entirely sure."

She dodges question after question, telling Eric she thinks they just need "a little bit of time."

Eric clearly doesn't buy this at all. "No, the way Brooke was upset, I don't think time's gonna heal this at all. I think a trust has been broken. She was so hurt. Whatever this is, this is something big. This is bad. I wonder if there's another woman involved." How well he knows Brooke...and his son.

Quinn, clearly shaken, "Another woman? Why would you think that?" How can she lie so easily to Eric's face, I will never know.

Eric: "I don't necessarily, but it's Ridge, you know. It's easy to assume." So newsflash, Quinn, you are NOT special. 

Quinn: "But he's committed to Brooke." His actions - namely his locking lips with you - say otherwise.

Eric: "Until he's not. Look, I don't want to say anything bad about my son, but... when a woman looks at him, he has a very difficult time. He... I mean, my God. Even my own wife. You know about that. When I was married to Brooke. I mean, I know firsthand his weakness for an attractive woman. And I think maybe that's what's bothering Brooke. I hope it's not, but maybe it is. He doesn't mean to, but Ridge hurts the people he loves." I couldn't agree more with Eric's assessment except the line about him not meaning to hurt anyone. I call quadruple bullshit on that.

Quinn: "Hey. Whatever is going on between Brooke and Ridge, I'm sure they're gonna work it out." Oh what do you know, Quinn?

Eric: "Is he cheating on her?" Quinn, you can tell me. What did you see out there on the beach? Did you see another woman? When you saw Ridge and Brooke, were they fighting?"

Quinn, continuing to dodge and lie her ass off: "No. No, no, they weren't fighting. (Ok, that part was true). I saw Ridge, and he was alone, and we talked. And then later, I ran into Brooke."

Eric: "Was she upset?"

Quinn, deciding that peppering in a few truths couldn't hurt: "Well, um... come to think of it, yeah, um, at that point, she looked upset. I guess whatever was going on between them had already happened. But I could hear in her voice how she feels about Ridge and -- and -- and how -- how excited she was to marry him. I mean, this -- this -- this final, lasting marriage. They're going to get married. A relationship like this just... can't be thrown away." Ridge threw it away and you were his accomplice.

Eric hopes that Quinn is right and that whatever is bothering Brooke isn't enough to break them up. Quinn assures him that Ridge will get through to her. He has to. Yes, to keep your affair a secret, of course. Eric tells her then how much it means, her caring for Ridge, and I think I'm going to throw up.

At FC, Nicole tells Rick and Maya that Steffy’s attention-whore photos from Australia were a huge hit on social media and speaking of vomit-inducing, they rave about the sexy CEO. Talk turns to all the newlyweds and Brooke remarrying Ridge.

Rick is pensive and reveals he's still concerned Ridge will let Brooke down. Zende, helpful and self-serving as always, says at least they're trying again after all these years. Shut up, Zende!

In Ridge and Brooke's suite, the ghost of Red Power Suit Brooke is on the warpath.

Brooke: "You better start talking."

Ridge: "What can I say?" Who does he think he is, Urkel with his "did I do that?" schtick?

Brooke: "Tell me that I'm wrong, that I didn't see what I saw. How could you, Ridge? Have you no respect, no boundaries? Not only were you kissing another woman! It was Quinn, your father's wife!" How could he? He did because he could. He has never had respect or boundaries for anyone's marriage or commitments, not even his own.

Ridge tries to put a spin on what you saw and how dumb does he think she is? Don't answer that.

Brooke warns him not to deny that he was kissing Quinn.

Ridge, changing course, "I'm not trying to deny anything. I did kiss Quinn and you have every right to be angry." Look at the backpedaling and how nice of him to give her permission to be pissed.

Brooke asks if he wants her and he lies that he doesn't.

Brooke: "You used to DESPISE that woman!"

Ridge says he still despises her and what she saw was flirting, nothing more.

giphy.gif

Brooke calls him out on the "flirting" and tells him there's more to it than that and he knows. She asks if he's really that determined to hurt her and Eric.

Ridge says he didn't want to hurt anyone and that this started because he wanted to protect Dad.

Brooke: "Oh, BULL!" Get him, girl!

Ridge, who looks pissed that she's pissed, "I wanted Quinn gone!"

Brooke: "Until you wanted her in your bed!" Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner winner chicken dinner!

Ridge: "I don't that!" Raise your hand if you believe him. 

Brooke asks how he could do this to her - again - and tells him she really thought he was committed this time. Don't get me started on how she should have known better and that's where I think the majority of her anger is coming from. That she could be Charlie Brown to his Lucy and get sucked into kicking the football again when there were better, proven footballs (Bill) elsewhere.

Ridge feebly says that he's committed and wants to spend his life with you.

Brooke: "No, no, you don't want to spend your life with me. You want me in the sidelines waiting for you, Ridge, while you go out and you get any woman that you want just to prove that you can! And the more inappropriate for you, the better." YAAASSSSS - read this fucker for filth! It's been 30 years coming!

Ridge insists that's not it. Oh yes it is because you keep doing it over and over and over again, the consequences be damned.

Brooke: "There is something wrong with you. There's some deep-seated anger with your father, with women, with me. It's not normal, Ridge. The way you behave, that is just not acceptable, and I don't want to be a part of it! Not anymore!" So she does admit she's been a part of it and it's about 29 years past the time she should have given this speech and stuck to it, but at least she's saying it.

Ridge, still thinking he can turn things around, apparently, wants to know what she's saying.

Brooke: "I want a decent life for me, for RJ. And I really thought that was with you. But obviously it isn't because you're still the same. You are in the same place that you were 30 years ago! Well, I'm not! (And I think $ Bill and his loving her because of, not in spite of, had a lot to do with her mindset.) I deserve something better for me, and so does RJ. Better than you." Her eyes could burn a hole through him right now and you just know she is thinking how he used RJ, his own child, to manipulate her into giving him another chance,he played on her desire to be the "good girl" and do the "right thing" for once and used her fucked-up memories and desire for love from his hag of a mother to manipulate her even further, offering her hag's ring at her graveside FFS, that he went after her again because he was between women and she's always been his fall back (and part of that is on her) and that she was thisclose to marrying his rival. Not because he truly wanted her. 

Because a man that truly loved her and wanted her and wanted to be committed to her for always wouldn't have given another woman, much less one he hated with the fire of a thousand suns, a second glance.

Quinn or no Quinn though, he didn't truly want her.

Ridge tells her she can't walk away from us. There is no "us" anymore.

Brooke snaps back, "Why not? You did!"

He protests that he didn't and that he understands that she's angry but (the implication but you'll just forgive me and be a doormat like you always are).

She tells him that he betrayed her and he chalks it up to being "reckless" and that he "took a walk on the wild side." Are you for real with this shit, Ridge?

Ridge-Brooke-confront-BB-HW.jpg

And look how he just stands there, calmly, not a bit sorry at all. He should be down on his knees, begging for forgiveness. Oh, but silly me, this is Ridge.  He's never sorry for anything, ever. Not even that he got caught.

Brooke: "My God! You are not 20 years old anymore! You don't have oats to sow! You've been there, done that countless times! But it's never enough for you , is it? I'm never enough for you." Yep - he's the broken barrel with a hole in it.

Ridge protests it isn't true.

Brooke: "Then how else do you explain kissing another woman before the day you're supposed to get married?!"

Ridge: "I can't explain that. If I knew how to do that, if I knew how to explain half the stupid stuff I've done in my life, we wouldn't be here right now. I lost my way for a second, you know? I made a wrong turn, and I was driven by desire and-" This has got to be one of the most pitiful mansplaining ever.

Brooke busts him on desiring Quinn and here comes some more backpedaling.

Ridge: "But maybe I desire the chase. Like you said, maybe I'm still trying to prove that I can, you know? And you understand that 'cause that's part of you, too. Maybe that's why we're attracted to each other." Oh don't you dare put this shit on her. 

Brooke: "I don't find anything attractive about you kissing Quinn. I think it's quite disgusting."

Ridge: "Yes, okay. I kissed Quinn. I betrayed you. I betrayed my dad. I'm not denying that. I'm not denying that at all. It was awful. It was horrible. Temptation was standing right in front of me, and I couldn't sidestep it." And I suppose if he had fucked her (and trust, it's a matter of time), he'd tell Brooke he tripped and his dick fell into her vagina.

Brooke: "So what am I supposed to do? I'm just supposed to understand this and accept it?" Of course that what he expects.

Ridge: "Just understand it's not gonna happen again, not with Quinn, not with anyone. It can't. I promise you. Please, whatever you do, just don't pull away from me." He is saying whatever he has to cover his own ass and keep co-CEO.

Brooke tells him he can't do it.

Ridge pulls out the full-court manipulation here: "You have to do it. You have to stay and fight. Smack me around if you want. You can destroy this whole room. You can take a baseball bat to my car. But don't walk away from us, not now. We've worked too hard. We've worked too hard to get here. We're this close. We can have our family back. And this is not just for us. This is for RJ. I know what I want. I want to marry you tomorrow. Tell me that's what you want, too." I just want to fuck him in the ear without any lube.

Ridge tells her they can still get married and that she should tell him she wants that as much as he does. Puke!

Brooke: "I want to marry the man you were this morning, the man I pretend you are."

Ridge: "You know exactly who I am." He does have a point there.

Brooke: "Yes. You're someone who hurts me over and over again, who reels me in with false promises and makes me feel secure."

Ridge: "You are secure. This relationship is secure. Just trust in us. We're meant to be together. Just let's get married tomorrow." And don't let Daddy know what I did with Stepmommy.

Brooke, just spent and shattered here, "Ridge, how could i possibly say vows to you? How could I look in your eyes and say those vows after this? How could you?"

Ridge: "Same way I'm looking you in the eyes right now and asking you to forgive me saying whatever I have to do to save my own ass. 'Cause there's no way I can live my life without you. Forgive me and let's just start over tomorrow."

Brooke: "No. We are not getting married." Please, please, please let her be right.

Ridge lays down what he hopes is his trump card, asking "You don't want to put our family back together?" Emotional blackmail at its finest, ladies and gentlemen.

Eric takes a call from Rick and advises him not tease the press about Brooke and Ridge's remarriage. He reassures a concerned Rick that he thinks the wedding will still happen.  It better not.

Quinn decides that now is the perfect time to slip across the hall to Ridge and Brooke's suite and I'm so furious right now. She has no business - NONE! - going over there. 

Quinn knocks and enters, asking the dumbest question of all time to Brooke - "Are you all right?" As if she gives a damn.

brooke-quinn-ridge-bold-beautiful.jpg

Brooke, eyeing her with pure hate, "What do you think?"

Quinn: "I'm with Eric. You're with Ridge. There is nothing going on between me and Ridge. What was happening, what we were - I don't even know! We hate each other!" Love and hate are two sides of the same coin.

Brooke: "It's funny how passionate hate can be."

Quinn: "No! There's only one person on this planet that I am passionate about. That is my husband. He's my life. He is my whole world! I don't know what's gonna happen between the two of you, whether you're gonna kiss and make up and follow your destiny, or you're gonna go your separate ways, but the only person that matters to me is Eric!" I believe that about as much as I believe Ridge right now. Notice neither one of them even has the good grace to acknowledge what was really going on - the affair - or even apologize.

Brooke: "I think Eric deserves to know what his wife's been up to." I agree. He has the right to make an informed decision about his very own life and future.

Quinn: "I'm never gonna kiss Ridge again. (Until the next time). I'm never gonna kiss any other man ever again. Ridge was right to call it foolish. (And hurtful and cruel and destructive and selfish.) We weren't thinking! But we are now! (Because you got caught). We don't even want each other! (Oh yes you do). We know who we want! It isn't each other! It's... there's no reason -- there's no reason to break Eric's heart. He loves me. He wants to spend the rest of his life with me. Please, please don't hurt him, Brooke. Please. Don't tell Eric. Don't tell anyone."

And I am so mad, I could spit nails. You broke Eric's heart, you needy, broken, bottomless pit, as did Ridge. You hurt him. You did this. Don't you fucking DARE to put this at Brooke's feet. You reap what you fucking sow!

Don't protect these two lying, cheating assholes, Brooke. Lay their shit bare!

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 11

I know Brooke has said variations on this theme before but it's always satisfying.  The biggest difference here is that Brooke can't lie to herself this time; there is no Stephanie running interference, no holy saint in the way of Taylor or Caroline I. Its all Ridge and whatever part of the black seed that passes for his soul that drove the bus. I'm glad she stuck up for Eric, too.

Quinn at least has the excuse of being legitimately batshit, but she can go play in traffic, too. And I just realized that were gonna be in for another round of Wyatt whining about her ruining his and Steffy's Carlos Mencia-level joke of a marriage when this all comes out and fuck no.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

You can take a baseball bat to my car.

Brooke getting her Beyoncé on would be epic.

Today sounds like KKL's 2017-18 Emmy submission. It also sounds like the show is putting Bridge in the ground. With all the insights Brooke is dropping on Ridge she seems to have turned the corner where her destiny no longer lays with Ridge and she is crystal clear about it.

Wyatt whining about her ruining his and Steffy's Carlos Mencia-level joke of a marriage when this all comes out and fuck no.

Not only ruining it but it all being for nothing since she blew up the marriage she defied him and Steffy over to get with Ridge!

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Brooke getting her Beyoncé on would be epic.

Today sounds like KKL's 2017-18 Emmy submission. It also sounds like the show is putting Bridge in the ground. With all the insights Brooke is dropping on Ridge she seems to have turned the corner where her destiny no longer lays with Ridge and she is crystal clear about it.

If it isn't her Emmy submission, it SHOULD be.  KKL was truly amazing.  There were so many layers to her performance.  Of course there was was anger, hurt and betrayal.  But there was also a realization that she has been fooling herself all these years.  And weariness.  I got the feeling that Brooke was just plain fed up and sick and tired of being sick and tired.  But the best part was that underneath all of it was RESOLUTION.  She's finally let go of her 'destiny' and she's okay with that.  Brooke realizes that she doesn't NEED Ridge and she won't fall apart without him.  She said that she would still love him but she wouldn't be his wife.  It was so beautiful.

If Bell puts Brooke back with Ridge after this tour de force performance by KKL, then he doesn't deserve to run the show anymore.

• Love 11