Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I was pretty impressed with Darin Brooks today.  The lighting for those scenes was spot on, too.

I like Wyatt and Liam better as brothers who have each other's backs than as rivals for Hope's affection.  Both characters are so asexual.   

• Love 8

Kitty, word on seeing these two as real brothers instead of rivals. Wouldn't that be an interesting twist for B&B to take? I think it took Jack's birth (and KKL's unwillingness to have Brooke go back again to Nick) before Ridge and Nick buried the hatchet, but then their screen time together vanished overnight. Ridge and Throne have always fought for Steph's approval and Ridge and Rick....I see a pattern here ;)

So yeah, let these two be actually friends for a while, I say, and let Hope have some time to get to know Deacon.

Hamilton women. Hayes was Taylor's married name from her first husband Blake Hayes.

Lol, I knew that :]

Someone ought to remind the writers of this, though. ;)

• Love 1

It was a good show today, and even KM did a good job and seemed like a real person in her conversations with B/B.  I liked the scenes with DB/RS/SC.  However, there were a few troubling things.  If anyone has ever had a family member with mental illness, you would know it is probably not a good idea to let Quinn roam free after attempted murder etc.  I feel for Wyatt, and understand what he went through as a kid but his mother is a true danger to society and herself and needs to get treatment.  So Liam saying "let her go"--as much as that meant something else, they really should have had her reported and picked up.  They cannot know who she might hurt next.

I was surprised that Liam didn't at least try to punch Quinn or defend himself--not sure if that is because she is a woman, or he was just in shock.  But if Wyatt hadn't shown up, Liam would have been stabbed.  I don't find it too believable that he would just lay there and try to talk her out of it.

• Love 2

I didn't really believe the brotherly love scenes at all mostly because it felt like they were propping Liam and all I could do was roll my eyes. The good news is that it seems like the triangle is done for now. Wyatt saying Hope doesn't matter that much was a first good start but this is BB and I can smell them trying to get Wyatt with someone else and has Hope forget her wimpy boyfriend. Really good acting by all 3 actors especially Rena. Her eyes were extra blue.

Hope hating Bill seems to be the only consistent thing about her. When she finds out Bill is the real reason why Ridge nearly got killed will she break up with Liam also? Probably not.

Good show yesterday, but I have to agree that Liam and Wyatt should not have allowed Quinn to just leave like that. Clearly, Wyatt has seen this type of behavior before, and knows what his mother is capable of; the best thing he could do is get her some professional help. And Rena Sofer was so good in those scenes. The way she switched from crazy, I am gonna kill you mode, to this almost childlike demeanor when she was pleading with Wyatt. Darin Brooks was pretty good also, and had some great lines; "after living my life as your keeper", "Hope doesn't mean that much to me". No doubt Wyatt was speaking out of anger and frustration, but what he said to his mother gave the character some long overdue definition, and went a long way in explaining why he latched onto Hope as if she were a lifeline. Scott Clifton redeemed himself in the end, and I really bought his tears. Liam comes off that way to me, as sentimental, and someone with delicate feelings. He seemed more hurt that Quinn would actually want to hurt him than angry, and it worked for me. It would be nice if Liam and Wyatt could find a common ground that was absent of Hope, where they could build a relationship as brothers without the love of a woman dirtying up the waters. Spoilers say,

Wyatt keeps his word about moving on from Hope, and that he puts his new plan in place after Ivy Forrester is introduced.

So, it does appear that Wyatt will be taken back into the fold sans Quinn, and I am ok with that.

I also think Deacon and Quinn have a lot of possibilities. I would love to see them take these two in an unexpected direction. No scheming, or two timing, or wanting to get revenge; instead have them connect as two imperfect people who need to find their souls.

Once again Brooke shows why I love her; she has every right to hate Quinn. She has every right to want to see her lose everything, including Wyatt, but in keeping with the character, she instead expressed concern for Quinn's mental health; telling Hope that she is a troubled person who has lost her way, or something to that effect.

• Love 5
Hope hating Bill seems to be the only consistent thing about her. When she finds out Bill is the real reason why Ridge nearly got killed will she break up with Liam also? Probably not.

Why on earth should she break up with Liam over something Bill did?

Good show yesterday,

Word.  Darrin Brooks has been impressing me lately, that scene with Scott Clifton really worked.  I also have a soft spot for the actors and actresses on this show who aren't conventional beauties, I'm just really glad the central casting isn't going to modelling schools anymore.

• Love 2

Hope just as easily broke up with Wyatt over something Quinn did. Yes, Quinn is certifiable and Bill is just an asshole, but Hope is hopelessly wishy-washy about her life, her choices, etc. and it wouldn't be a great surprise if she decided that she didn't want Bill in her life for the same reasons she gave Wyatt about Quinn. Ridge before her often did the same, breaking up with Brooke over something Stephanie put into motion, regardless of whether or not Brooke was an active participant. And it's all complete and utter crap, of course.

I can't imagine Brooke saying that she would never want to see Katie again because they're family, whereas I'm sure she would have spat out those words while talking about mortal enemies Stephanie & Taylor (the latter in particular).

I'd be firmly with her in the never wanting to see Taylor again stance.  Jeebus, that woman is annoying.

Just for fun (read: torture) I fossicked around the Internets for some Eric/Taylor last week in honour of the 1-year anniversary of Taylor's pyjama walkout and I groaned in agony the entire time. That said, wouldn't it be fun (read: torture) to have Taylor be Quinn's court-appointed psychiatrist after Quinn's put through the ringer for attempted murder? Over time the two of them could develop some sort of complicit relationship and cook up some whackadoodle scheme to knock off Brooke once and for all, hahahaha! *lightning claps*

• Love 3
Hope just as easily broke up with Wyatt over something Quinn did.

That wasn't the entire reason, that was the proverbial straw.  Liam, her one twu wuv, was waiting in the wings.

Hope is hopelessly wishy-washy about her life, her choices, etc.

Indeed, I was applying logic to a character that doesn't know the meaning of it.

• Love 2

So I wouldn't call this 100% confirmed based on where I read it, but it does track with other things I've seen on the web

Based on, yet another huge misunderstanding, which probably happens during the Paris scenes, Wyatt and Hope are the ones who marry on the yacht in Monaco.

Kinda seems like poetic justice for Liam.

(edited)

Just finished yesterday's episode and want to cosign everyone's kudos for what good stuff that was.

I have to give the writers credit, they know when to pull the leash on people and keep things balanced. We knew Quinn wasn't going to kill Liam but this resolution was totally believable, imo. This basically went from hilarious to dark to a pretty realistic portrayal of a son dealing with a mom who obviously has some mental health issues. That's something I see people in the real world deal with every day. Heck I see it on tv *glancing over at Mama Joyce from RHOA*.

It does the duel purpose of making Wyatt much more sympathetic (man I could actually see little kid Wyatt wishing that Quinn wouldn't be around when he woke up each morning) while also not painting the Quinn character into a corner she couldn't get out of if she seriously injured someone.

The wonders competent writing can do.

Also loved Hope acknowledging how crummy it was of her to judge Brooke for her relationship missteps. She's shown some real self awareness lately that makes her much more likeable for me.

Edited by luvlee2003
  • Love 5
(edited)

Also loved Hope acknowledging how crummy it was of her to judge Brooke for her relationship missteps. She's shown some real self awareness lately that makes her much more likeable for me.

I'm with you.  Something that always makes me cringe is all of this talk about Hope's "values".  It reminds me of all of that "family values" crap we used to hear (and sometimes still do) in political conversations.  My values are my values and yours are yours, and as long as we aren't fucking people over, mine aren't better than yours and yours aren't better than mine.  

It's refreshing to watch Hope's epiphany that life sometimes throws things at you that may put you at odds with your own values, and that it's perfectly normal for these ideas to evolve.  I really feel like I've watched Hope grow up in the last few months in a different sort of "coming of age" story.  For me, KM really delivered those feelings of regret (and maybe a little embarrassment?) for her judgments in that talk with Brooke.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 5
(edited)

Imagine yourself in this situation... you are lying on your back after getting tripped.  You didn't hit your head and you are fully conscious.  A crazy psycho woman holds a dagger above you.  She clenches it with both hands and is about to plunge it into your heart as if she were an ancient Roman priestess performing a ritual animal sacrifice.  WHAT on earth do you do??????  Do you:

A)  FIGHT!  You have arms, right?  Get them up and grab her wrists!  You're taller than her and have a longer reach, and I would hope that even though you are scrawny for a healthy young man, that you are stronger than she is and can overpower her.

B)  Lay there like a weakling and placidly wait for it to be all over.

I just don't get it.  Liam is a wimp through and through.  Hope should check to see if he has any testicles.  Perhaps he doesn't believe in fighting a woman, but what was the alternative?  Being a gentleman won't win him any points when he's dead.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 3

Blackwing, I think it's a combo of both those things- I think Liam is probably the "never hit a woman under any circumstances" type and I'd also bet money he doesn't know how to fight/defend himself.

He wasn't raised by Bill. I doubt he had anyone teach him how to fight or disarm someone when in danger. It's not as simple as kicking, screaming and running away (which he couldn't do anyways thanks to his injured ankle) when someone has a knife (sword?! Lol) to my neck.

If it was me, i would have probably snapped and hit her weeks ago to nip this all in the bud lol. In that moment though, I probably would've been frozen with fear like he was.

• Love 3

Hi, first post, although I've been lurking and enjoying. I just caught up on a week or so of B&B and I have to give kudos to Darrin/Wyatt. He really rocked his scenes yesterday -- I think that is the best acting I have seen from him. I liked the reveal of the shame/embarassment he's felt all these years trying to take care of her, and Scott/Liam was doing great work in the background. You could see the reluctant dawning of sympathy and how that lead to his proclamation at the end that Wyatt is NOT alone.

But the best thing that happened -- certainly the best thing this year -- was when Quinn kicked Liam in the ankle. I laughed so hard I scared the cats.

• Love 3
(edited)

I almost choked on my sandwich laughing when Bill rightly assumed that Quinn had checked herself into the "looney bin."  The way he said that, with absolutely no compassion or sympathy had me dead.

So has Ridge lost the ability to design, like...conceptually?  Or has he lost the motor skills to draw?  Looks like he couldn't even hold that pencil, but you would have throught that he would have had to hold something like that in the time since he was found strolling along the beach.  Either way, I don't think my reaction was supposed to be howling with laughter, which is what I did.

I like how Maya wandered into Oliver's studio acting like she didn't know what was going on.  The day before, she busted him to Rick and Caroline on that recording and the next day, he doesn't want to talk to her, but she's wondering why he's avoiding her?  C'mon, son.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 3

So I wouldn't call this 100% confirmed based on where I read it, but it does track with other things I've seen on the web

Based on, yet another huge misunderstanding, which probably happens during the Paris scenes, Wyatt and Hope are the ones who marry on the yacht in Monaco.

Does that mean

really legit married? Please, please say yes, because then maybe Hope can be cured of her wedding rabies and we won't have sit through another one till 2016, at least.

• Love 1
But the best thing that happened -- certainly the best thing this year -- was when Quinn kicked Liam in the ankle. I laughed so hard I scared the cats.
I laughed hard too so I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.  I actually rewound and rewatched that part 10 times.  Obviously I'm not a Liam fan here, haha.

Does that mean

really legit married? Please, please say yes, because then maybe Hope can be cured of her wedding rabies and we won't have sit through another one till 2016, at least.

I think so, because Ivy is supposedly the new love interest for Liam.

This is for you radishcake :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Aw I'm feeling the love guys!

you guys are the best!

:)

I think so, because Ivy is supposedly the new love interest for Liam.

This is for you radishcake :)

I sure hope so because Lope need to be left alone and happy for at least a little while and make their fans very happy because they haven't had a fair chance to be in love and alone!! Edited by meow
  • Love 1

:)

I sure hope so because Lope need to be left alone and happy for at least a little while and make their fans very happy because they haven't had a fair chance to be in love and alone!!

Just to clarify, the original spoiler I posted was

After yet another big misunderstanding between Liam and Hope, probably during the Paris scenes, Wyatt and Hope get married in Monacco.

And that I've read elswhere that Ivy is to be Liam's new love interest.

I didn't really believe the brotherly love scenes at all mostly because it felt like they were propping Liam and all I could do was roll my eyes. The good news is that it seems like the triangle is done for now. Wyatt saying Hope doesn't matter that much was a first good start but this is BB and I can smell them trying to get Wyatt with someone else and has Hope forget her wimpy boyfriend. Really good acting by all 3 actors especially Rena. Her eyes were extra blue.

Bill wasn't the reason because he never gave Justin a direct order to dump him in the ocean, all he die was tell him to cool him off. Justin made that decision all on his own which was seen when Bill was appalled and mad at what Justin did. People often tell someone to go cool off but that's just a figure of speech and not meant to be taken literally. If everyone that was told that did take it literally, there would be a whole lot more deaths in this world for nothing because were stupid to take it literally.

I didn't see them propping Liam at all and I liked the brother bonding. It came off as very real to me but to each their own. I never, ever thought there was a possibility that they could actually have a relationship because they both loved Hope and Wyatt was so mean about taking her away from Liam. In the end she chose him anyway because he's always been the one for her and vice versa.

IMO Ivy is going to be for Wyatt but I could be wrong. Only time will tell.

• Love 1
(edited)

Good show yesterday, but I have to agree that Liam and Wyatt should not have allowed Quinn to just leave like that. Clearly, Wyatt has seen this type of behavior before, and knows what his mother is capable of; the best thing he could do is get her some professional help. And Rena Sofer was so good in those scenes. The way she switched from crazy, I am gonna kill you mode, to this almost childlike demeanor when she was pleading with Wyatt. Darin Brooks was pretty good also, and had some great lines; "after living my life as your keeper", "Hope doesn't mean that much to me". No doubt Wyatt was speaking out of anger and frustration, but what he said to his mother gave the character some long overdue definition, and went a long way in explaining why he latched onto Hope as if she were a lifeline. Scott Clifton redeemed himself in the end, and I really bought his tears. Liam comes off that way to me, as sentimental, and someone with delicate feelings. He seemed more hurt that Quinn would actually want to hurt him than angry, and it worked for me. It would be nice if Liam and Wyatt could find a common ground that was absent of Hope, where they could build a relationship as brothers without the love of a woman dirtying up the waters. Spoilers say,

Wyatt keeps his word about moving on from Hope, and that he puts his new plan in place after Ivy Forrester is introduced.

So, it does appear that Wyatt will be taken back into the fold sans Quinn, and I am ok with that.

I also think Deacon and Quinn have a lot of possibilities. I would love to see them take these two in an unexpected direction. No scheming, or two timing, or wanting to get revenge; instead have them connect as two imperfect people who need to find their souls.

Once again Brooke shows why I love her; she has every right to hate Quinn. She has every right to want to see her lose everything, including Wyatt, but in keeping with the character, she instead expressed concern for Quinn's mental health; telling Hope that she is a troubled person who has lost her way, or something to that effect.

ICAM about not having let Quinn go like that. If someone kept trying to kill me like that, I'd have called the police at least after the sauna incident and filed a restraining order but this is a soap. This is just a guess but I'm highly suspicious that Quinn didn't check herself in anywhere like she said because that would be way too easy. Also mentally ill people don't think they did anything wrong and they just don't do that. I think that she'll try to kill him again, hence [/the witch hunt spoiler]. I could be wrong but only time will tell.

I really don't think Wyatt knew what lengths Quinn was capable of going to until she tried to kill Liam. I feel so badly for him having a crazy mother like that and it would be great if the brothers could love and support each other now. I never, ever thought that they could have a relationship after having slept with the same woman and fighting over her for an entire yr, ugh, but it might be possible after all.

Did Wyatt really say that Hope didn't mean that much because if he did I missed it. Wow really, after all he went through to get her and he says that? I hope that cured Hope of ever going back to him again. It sure would do it for me!! What a terrible thing to say, and right to her face, unbelievable!! I think ivy will he for Wyatt but again it's just a guess.

Edited by meow
  • Love 1

Word. Darrin Brooks has been impressing me lately, that scene with Scott Clifton really worked. I also have a soft spot for the actors and actresses on this show who aren't conventional beauties, I'm just really glad the central casting isn't going to modelling schools anymore.

Excellent point. It's nice to see!!

I also don't understand why she would break up with Liam because of Bill. She never did before, even after she found out his part in the destruction of their Italy wedding. She only ever broke up with him because of Steffy. IMO she wouldn't have had to if she'd stayed and talked things out but she always ran and that's her own fault!!

• Love 1

I love how affectionate the Forresters are with each other. You don't normally see father and son (Eric and Ridge) hugging and kissing on TV. I don't know why I like this so much but it makes me so happy whenever I see it.

I really liked the scenes with Liam and Wyatt. I wish they could just be brothers. I am not keen about the spoilers mentioned above only because it seems like a merry-go-round and I think everyone deserves to catch their breath.

I am a pretty new viewer and don't understand why Hope hates $Bill, but I am totally on her side. His complete lack of concern when Hope told him about Quinn's threats and sudden shift to his wedding to Brooke ... I have no words. Oh, yes I do. What a gross pig.

• Love 8
(edited)

That wasn't the entire reason, that was the proverbial straw. Liam, her one twu wuv, was waiting in the wings.

Indeed, I was applying logic to a character that doesn't know the meaning of it.

LMAO at her one twu wuv and he most certainly is that!!

Some have been saying that but I just can't see her doing that at all, especially after his nasty parting shot to her today, YIKES!! Plus she flat out refused his proposal already. Can I say that without putting it in spoiler form? She refused to live with him as well.

Imagine yourself in this situation... you are lying on your back after getting tripped. You didn't hit your head and you are fully conscious. A crazy psycho woman holds a dagger above you. She clenches it with both hands and is about to plunge it into your heart as if she were an ancient Roman priestess performing a ritual animal sacrifice. WHAT on earth do you do?????? Do you:

A) FIGHT! You have arms, right? Get them up and grab her wrists! You're taller than her and have a longer reach, and I would hope that even though you are scrawny for a healthy young man, that you are stronger than she is and can overpower her.

B) Lay there like a weakling and placidly wait for it to be all over.

I just don't get it. Liam is a wimp through and through. Hope should check to see if he has any testicles. Perhaps he doesn't believe in fighting a woman, but what was the alternative? Being a gentleman won't win him any points when he's dead.

He wouldn't be able to get up fast because of his boot cast and injured foot thanks to that pyscho fast enough to overpower her. He also wouldn't have had enough strength to pull himself up. Plus maybe he won't manhandle women. I don't see him as a weakling at all hut a victim.

Blackwing, I think it's a combo of both those things- I think Liam is probably the "never hit a woman under any circumstances" type and I'd also bet money he doesn't know how to fight/defend himself.

He wasn't raised by Bill. I doubt he had anyone teach him how to fight or disarm someone when in danger. It's not as simple as kicking, screaming and running away (which he couldn't do anyways thanks to his injured ankle) when someone has a knife (sword?! Lol) to my neck.

If it was me, i would have probably snapped and hit her weeks ago to nip this all in the bud lol. In that moment though, I probably would've been frozen with fear like he was.

Oh u know it!! What person in his situation would even be able to think fast enough in a life and death situation? Plus he was down on the floor so fast he probably couldn't think at all because his adrenaline was pumping so fast!! Then there was his injury. Liam isn't super human but Quinn's rage and hate toward him made her much stronger than he was!! She wasn't injured her either and she had the element of surprise when she got in his house. I'm happy he'd finally going to change the locks but if she does have a lock pick like I think Bill suggested today, that won't even help and neither would a restraining order for that matter. He just needed to report all of the crazy things she's done to the police so it's documented.

Hi, first post, although I've been lurking and enjoying. I just caught up on a week or so of B&B and I have to give kudos to Darrin/Wyatt. He really rocked his scenes yesterday -- I think that is the best acting I have seen from him. I liked the reveal of the shame/embarassment he's felt all these years trying to take care of her, and Scott/Liam was doing great work in the background. You could see the reluctant dawning of sympathy and how that lead to his proclamation at the end that Wyatt is NOT alone.

I thought that was absolutely horrible!! She already injured him and now she's doing it again. She was cruel and talking about kicking a man when he's down!! I didn't laugh at all because I saw nothing funny about it, ugh.

I almost choked on my sandwich laughing when Bill rightly assumed that Quinn had checked herself into the "looney bin." The way he said that, with absolutely no compassion or sympathy had me dead.

So has Ridge lost the ability to design, like...conceptually? Or has he lost the motor skills to draw? Looks like he couldn't even hold that pencil, but you would have throught that he would have had to hold something like that in the time since he was found strolling along the beach. Either way, I don't think my reaction was supposed to be howling with laughter, which is what I did.

I like how Maya wandered into Oliver's studio acting like she didn't know what was going on. The day before, she busted him to Rick and Caroline on that recording and the next day, he doesn't want to talk to her, but she's wondering why he's avoiding her? C'mon, son.

That looney bin comment was hilarious, LOL!! He shouldn't have any sympathy for her at all after the selfie crap and what she's been doing to his son by attempting to murder him. She gets zero sympathy from me!!

Maya is sickly trying to break up Aliver because IMO she's jealous. I hate her and can't wait until that spoiler that happens tomorrow I believe. That will fry that bitch's jealous cookies, especially if Aly forgives him. I'll LMAO off if she does which I just bet she will!!

Just to clarify, the original spoiler I posted was

After yet another big misunderstanding between Liam and Hope, probably during the Paris scenes, Wyatt and Hope get married in Monacco.

And that I've read elswhere that Ivy is to be Liam's new love interest.

I just don't see it. There have been no signs of any of the things mentioned in the spoiler between Lope I still think Ivy is for Wyatt because he let Hope go today and made that snarky parting remark to her. Lope r one of Bell's supercouples and IMO they're end game. I'm not sure if they will be now or later but I think they'll be together for ajwhile. Edited by meow
  • Love 1

I am a pretty new viewer and don't understand why Hope hates $Bill, but I am totally on her side.

catalogrrr, the short version is that Bill never approved of Hope and tried relentlessly to break up her relationship with Liam.  He thought that Ridge's daughter Steffy was a better match for Liam (probably because he wanted her himself).  It's a little surprising to me that Brooke could put aside how awful Bill was to Hope.  

In addition to forgetting how to design (if that's what's going on), Ridge also looked like he was having trouble with his tie.  Did Katie tie it in the end?  His memories are confusing me, too.  First, a memory of Brooke, then a memory of poet laureate Katie.  Is he just saying what he thinks he should say to Katie, but he's actually conflicted about his feelings for Brooke?

• Love 3

I may be alone on the good ship Bill/Steffy, but by god I will go down with this ship! They had more heat and potential, I thought, than any other pairing for either character. I would love to see those two end up together.

My bloody recorder died and I missed the episodes where Ridge was found -- today's flashbacks made me glad. Oh my god, did Katie really recite poetry to him and he reply to her? Did that really happen? I mean, I watched Beauty & the Beast with Ron Perlman back in the day, I get the romantic poetry thing when it works. This, however, is not, I submit, one of those times.

And now I can't decide if the best thing to happen this year was Quinn kicking Liam in the ankle (which makes me cackle hysterically just to type) or Bill's lackey dumping Ridge out of a helicopter and into the gulf. That was truly epic, but I loved Quinn's complete insanity.

• Love 5
(edited)

catalogrrr, the short version is that Bill never approved of Hope and tried relentlessly to break up her relationship with Liam. He thought that Ridge's daughter Steffy was a better match for Liam (probably because he wanted her himself). It's a little surprising to me that Brooke could put aside how awful Bill was to Hope.

In addition to forgetting how to design (if that's what's going on), Ridge also looked like he was having trouble with his tie. Did Katie tie it in the end? His memories are confusing me, too. First, a memory of Brooke, then a memory of poet laureate Katie. Is he just saying what he thinks he should say to Katie, but he's actually conflicted about his feelings for Brooke?

Katie definitely tied his tie. I think something is going on neurologically because he couldn't tie it or hold a pencil but I could be wrong. I'm so happy that Bill isn't contesting Lope's relationship anymore and it's about time. It's too bad though that there's a mutual dislike between the too, especially on Hopes part but I totally get it. She deserves to hate him but is putting that aside for her mother's happiness which IMO is very commendable. IDK why she doesn't get a place of her own, then she wouldn't have to deal with him, it just baffles me because she can certainly afford it!!

I may be alone on the good ship Bill/Steffy, but by god I will go down with this ship! They had more heat and potential, I thought, than any other pairing for either character. I would love to see those two end up together.

My bloody recorder died and I missed the episodes where Ridge was found -- today's flashbacks made me glad. Oh my god, did Katie really recite poetry to him and he reply to her? Did that really happen? I mean, I watched Beauty & the Beast with Ron Perlman back in the day, I get the romantic poetry thing when it works. This, however, is not, I submit, one of those times.

And now I can't decide if the best thing to happen this year was Quinn kicking Liam in the ankle (which makes me cackle hysterically just to type) or Bill's lackey dumping Ridge out of a helicopter and into the gulf. That was truly epic, but I loved Quinn's complete insanity.

I hated Steffy because of the crap she pulled on Lope and how her dirty, skanky, underhanded tricks hurt her. She got hers in the end though when Liam divorced her nasty butt to be with Hope and begged for an annulment, again to be with Hope. All she did was use her body to get what she wanted but it never worked. She also tried to steal all of Hopes bf's but they were wise to her nastiness and tricks. Once Liam figured her out, he got rid of her stupid, lying ass. Too bad it took so long but he's finally done with her now, WOOHOOOOO!! :) Edited by meow
  • Love 3
(edited)

ITA about skanky Steffi, meow. I still can't stand her after all the crap she did to Hope.

I was hoping Ridge would draw a stick figure with a smiley face head!

Thank u about that skank but I love how she never could keep Liam no matter what she tried. LMAO!!

LOL at stick figure. That's probably about all he can manage. :). I don't have any sympathy for him because he dragged Brooke off cave man style and kidnapped her. He deserves what he gets!!

Edited by meow
  • Love 1
Once Liam figured her out, he got rid of her stupid, lying ass. Too bad it took so long but he's finally done with her now, WOOHOOOOO!! :)

As much as I don't particularly like Steffy, that's not how I saw it.  They split because she left after the miscarriage and after finding out she might not be able to have kids.  For whatever reason, I got the impression Liam never really minded that Steffy was manipulative.  The only time it seemed he really minded was when he thought she was in on Bill's scheme to fake her having a brain tumor.  Even after everything they'd been through, and when Steffy was gone and he was (theoretically) happily looking forward to a future with Hope, Liam still complied with Steffy's request that he make a video about their love for her like the one he made Hope.  

I'm not saying I think that he's pining for her right now, particularly (of course, she's off screen, so...), but I've never gotten the impression that he considers her stupid and lying.  If JMW was still around regularly for filming, I think we'd still be getting Waffle doing his waffle thing.  

Not to say I don't think what you're saying was ever the way things were.  When he was married to Steffy the first time, he pretty much seemed like he'd love an out that would get him freed up to be with Hope again (although then, when he had that out, he still pulled his wishy-washy shit, including asking both women to meet him at a specific time so he could announce his choice).  But, I think he was genuinely happy with Steffy when they were married and expecting, and he was confused and hurt when she left the country after losing the baby.  And, even earlier than that, when he was freaking over the idea of re-marrying Hope (after their Italy wedding was non-binding), it was Steffy he kept spending time with to get away from that stress. 

And, yeah, Steffy was manipulative, no two ways about it, but Liam knew the score there soon enough, and he still maintained a relationship with her (varying from friendship to more at different times in his waffling).  I think that, on some level, he was kind of charmed and flattered by the lengths she'd go to to be with him, as twisted as that sounds. 

One of the reasons I (and some others) liked when Wyatt came on the scene was because he was a guy who was one hundred percent into Hope.  No looking elsewhere, not waffling back and forth between women, he just wanted Hope.  

*Side note: "Skank" should probably go the way of words like "slut," "whore," and the like. 

As for the spoiler that a

misunderstanding in Paris leads to a Hope/Wyatt wedding, by "misunderstanding" do they mean that Hope takes a little too long in the powder room during dinner, and Liam angrily assumes she's left him and goes to track down Steffy for sex?"

Because that's how Liam generally rolls. 

• Love 6

Eric and Brooke and Eric and Ridge and Eric and Caroline and puppies and rainbows and sunshine! Nothing's going to rain on my parade today!!

I love how affectionate the Forresters are with each other. You don't normally see father and son (Eric and Ridge) hugging and kissing on TV. I don't know why I like this so much but it makes me so happy whenever I see it.

Me too. Being a relatively new viewer I can't confirm this, but it seems to me like JMC & TK are a lot more touchy-feely in their scenes together than when RM was Ridge. Is this a conscious acting choice or is it storyline/character driven? Ridge was often a thorn (sorry) in Eric's side for many reasons, mostly Brooke-related early on, despite being the favoured son. Maybe with NuRidge there's a rebirth of their relationship and Eric doesn't take anything for granted anymore, etc etc?? Perhaps I'm overthinking it but it's definitely something I have noticed since TK came into the role. Or perhaps it's just perverted old me enjoying a bit of manhandling.

*Side note: "Skank" should probably go the way of words like "slut," "whore," and the like.

Co-signing. Just because Queen Stephanie employed this vernacular on the regular does not condone its usage and in fact should serve as a reminder of how graceless and crude one becomes when saying it. You can't go around calling your CEO a whore in front of employees!

Speaking of Stephanie (again), B&B writer Adam Dusevoir tweeted a picture of him and Susan Flannery earlier today, the lucky duck.

• Love 3
(edited)

I see several scenarios that could explain Ridge's "problem":

1. He knows something bad happened on the helicopter, and just like writer's block, he won't be able to design until he figures it out.
  2. Too much pressure as the prodigal son returning.
  3. He really doesn't remember Katie, and is trying to figure out why he is not with Brooke.
  4. He can't design because he has no vision; Ridge and Eric have always needed a muse, and for Ridge that has always been Brooke.
  5. His memory loss is not limited to people, places and events; he has also forgotten how to design.

I found the scenes at Liam's house very odd. Probably because of the assembled characters, who have been generally antagonistic towards each other. As a whole though it worked for me; mostly due to Bill, who was keeping it real. I don't like when people who hate each other pal up to fight a common enemy. I feel like if you were going to be friends, then you would have been on the merits of who you are, not on who you mutually dislike. That is not to say that it never works; in most cases it does, and has led to some unexpected relationships, but I still see it as a plot contrivance. So Bill maintaining his "from the street" mentality in regards to Deacon rang true. I admit I wanted to be skeptical of Wyatt and Liam, but the actors did such a good job with that material that I bought it. Actually, and I know this sounds down right mean, but I would like to see them form such a strong bond that they both forget who Hope is, and when asked about there love lives answer with "Hope who?".

Katie was on camera for all of five minutes and still managed to irritate the piss out of me. Could she be any more obvious that she wants to keep Ridge all to herself, and far away from FC's? Ridge obviously wants to get back to the business of his life, but Katie is still going on about "you don't have to go you know, there is no rush". No rush for who? Physically Ridge is fine, he is dealing with memory loss;  sometimes getting back into your normal routine is very beneficial when you are dealing with mental issues. So Katie, STFU already.

First, a memory of Brooke, then a memory of poet laureate Katie.

My employer is annoyed with me because after reading this they had to buy me a new keyboard.

KerleyQ, I won't quote your entire post, but you absolutely nailed the dynamics between H/L/S.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4
(edited)
I see several scenarios that could explain Ridge's "problem":

He knows something bad happened on the helicopter, and just like writer's block, he won't be able to design until he figures it out.

Too much pressure as the prodigal son returning.

He really doesn't remember Katie, and is trying to figure out why he is not with Brooke.

He can't design because he has no vision; Ridge, and Eric, have always needed a muse and for Ridge that has always been Brooke.

His memory loss is not limited to people, places and events; he has also forgotten how to design.

Given that he had difficulty tying his tie (but could remember tying someone else's?) I put it down to loss of fine motor skills, but I like #1 as a plot contrivance as well, and I would rather that be the driving force of the character for the next however long it's going to take him to return to "normal" than anything resembling a Logan sister, simply for the sake of variety. So we all know that won't happen. 

ETA also, I keep seeing around the place people pointing out that Ridge is/was left-handed, so there's that too. 

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 2
Perhaps I'm overthinking it but it's definitely something I have noticed since TK came into the role.

I think it's a TK thing. I don't know about OLTL and PC but on AMC he was very "hands on". In fact, it's one of the reasons some of the more out there fans insisted he was having an affair with one of his co-stars (but he wasn't).

• Love 2
In addition to forgetting how to design (if that's what's going on), Ridge also looked like he was having trouble with his tie.  Did Katie tie it in the end?  His memories are confusing me, too.  First, a memory of Brooke, then a memory of poet laureate Katie.  Is he just saying what he thinks he should say to Katie, but he's actually conflicted about his feelings for Brooke?

Snaporaz, this comment was enough to strike terror in this young heart of mine!  Under no circumstances do I want Ridge--especially this version of him--pining for Brooke and doing his usual cock-blocking schtick to keep her from moving on.  It astounds me that no one in LaLa Land has yet to state the obvious.  Ridge is ultimately responsible for what happened to him.  Had he minded his business and kept his ass at home where it belonged, no one would have had to "cool him off."  At the very least, Katie should be beyond annoyed that her new fiance rushed off to another continent to stop his ex from marrying another man.  And, dare I hope that the writers actually pleasantly surprise me by having Brooke stay with Bill when she finds out what really happened?  Or, will I be treated to another scenario of her running off to her "destiny" and being used to prop up the duller-than-dishwater Kringe?

I also wonder if these motor skill problems are keeping Ridge from servicing the obviously insecure Katie in their bedroom.

• Love 2

Did Wyatt really say that Hope didn't mean that much because if he did I missed it. Wow really, after all he went through to get her and he says that? I hope that cured Hope of ever going back to him again. 

I took that to mean "Not worth his mother killing the competition," but that's just me. The comment was aimed at Quinnsane to get her to back down off Liam.

Besides, I honestly think he's better off taking a play outta Steffy's book and let them collapse on their own. It's kinda their thing to do at this point.

I am a pretty new viewer and don't understand why Hope hates $Bill, but I am totally on her side.

He's been the Stephanie to her Brooke, to put it simply, pulling some underhanded tactics to keep her and Liam apart (like setting up roadblocks to keep her from getting married in Italy) He's been Steffy ' s biggest cheerleader, and some speculate that could be becausr he nearly banged her himselg and is trying to live through Liam.

....and now, I'm wondering if he'll try pushing her on Wyatt if the powers that be were to recast the role, or maybe pimp Will out when he's SORASed to 25 ten years from now.

• Love 1

Snaporaz, this comment was enough to strike terror in this young heart of mine!  Under no circumstances do I want Ridge--especially this version of him--pining for Brooke...

I dunno, Mulletorhater!  I could be imagining things, but every time Ridge looks at Brooke, I see sadness and longing in his eyes.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the recap and background, snaporaz.

Re: Ridge and his designer's block. I also noticed that when he started drawing, he put the pencil in his left hand first and then switched to his right hand. Hmmm. Perhaps something neurological?

Edited by catalogrrr
  • Love 2
He really doesn't remember Katie, and is trying to figure out why he is not with Brooke.

He can't design because he has no vision; Ridge and Eric have always needed a muse, and for Ridge that has always been Brooke.

Well, you know, since the basis of their relationship seems to be talking about Brooke, maybe eventually Katie will talk about her so much, it'll help restore his muse in some form. 

• Love 1

Line of the episode: Rick suggesting to Caroline that maybe Ridge forgot that he wanted Rick's job.  Loud guffaw from this one right here.  To me, Rick is acting exactly like he did when Caroline was the one on the outs and he was with Maya; basically, just poo-pooing bad behavior even if it disrespects his relationship.

Oliver has been looking less attractive to me since he shaved off his scruff (one reason I'm not all gung ho for this relationship with Aly; he flat out said he was shaving to make himself look younger!), but he was back to dreamy status today when he was aruging with Maya.  The guy who plays Oliver really is a terrible actor and, IMO, this knight in shining armor stuff that he's playing with Aly makes him super boring.  But he had some actual reactions, some spark today.  Like I assumed, Maya was pissed that Oliver was trying to position Aly for her job and that's why she used the recording.  And Oliver stopped short when she said it, which makes me think that he was caught.  And now she's clearly paranoid, claiming that he's sabatoging her.

• Love 2
To me, Rick is acting exactly like he did when Caroline was the one on the outs and he was with Maya; basically, just poo-pooing bad behavior even if it disrespects his relationship.

All the guys on this show act that way. 

Loved Caroline's "he makes you call him 'My Lord'? We need to have a LONG talk."  It's entirely possible Caroline has gone from dull as dirt to becoming my favorite character.  More of these people need to take a header off a balcony. 

• Love 6

Loved Caroline's "he makes you call him 'My Lord'? We need to have a LONG talk." It's entirely possible Caroline has gone from dull as dirt to becoming my favorite character. More of these people need to take a header off a balcony.

She's one of my fave characters actually. I love her so witty and sassy and business minded unlike some of the other feather head characters. I like the actress hair too. The styling on B&B is terrif.
  • Love 2

I want to drop kick Maya and her cow eyes into the Pacific. Hey, dummy, your pics look bad because you were pouting the entire time Oliver was taking them! Oliver is right. She is so jealous that she doesn't have a Forrestor.

• Love 2