Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Are you serious? This is BellA, people get away with sick shit all the time. Thorne shot Ridge and never did any time. Pam kidnapped Donna, covered her in honey and sicked a bear on her. Rick detonated a car bomb. Quinn doesn't need to hire an attorney just yet.

That was Thomas that blew up Rick's car, actually.

But this. This show has the worst continuity, and Baby Bell seems to think that a recast will whitewash all of a character's past sins. Rick is a good example of this; as Kyle Lauder, he routinely blasted Ridge for the same shit he just pulled with Caroline. NuRidge is the worst for obvious reasons. I half expact a recast Steffy to return as a nun and for Nick to be an environmental hippie.

• Love 3

Rick and Caroline had a very cute bonus scene yesterday that I wish was shown in the episode. They really are great together. I like that Rick wont tell Aly about the recording but him, Caroline and Oliver need to remember Myrna still has hers and I have a feeling she will be the one that plays it for Aly and all hell is gonna break loose. While I hope it'll mean the end of Myrna for good at Forrester I see some blow back coming towards Rick, Caroline and Oliver too cause they knew about it. So I pray those three find a way to destroy Myrna's recording before it's too late.

I most certainly hope they do but I just bet she's going to play it for Aly because she's so jealous!! I love Crick. They're one of my fav couples. IMO they really balance each other out.

As an unapologetic Quinn fan, even I have to say they're taking her too far too quickly. Will she ever be able to come back from this? But I agree with your lines of the day, RuntheTable. Quinn often has "the line of the day", IMO!

I kinda sorta believe Oliver. It's weird because they keep radically changing character's personalities overnight. Maya is the most recent example. One day she's sweetness and light, the next day she's the vixen. I don't mind taking characters in a different direction, but a little build-up would be nice just so maybe we can understand their motivations. Are they doing this on purpose just to keep us off balance?

The Oliver we've grown to know was no gold-digger. If he was so determined to entrench himself with the Forrester's, he had every opportunity when Steffy (named after the Forrester matriarch!) relentlessly threw herself at him. But, unlike Liam, he never gave in to her because he was in love with Hope. So I'm cautiously going to believe him when he says his feelings for Aly are genuine.

Of course, when Aly hears the recording, I hope she somehow ends up in Wyatt's arms! She could stand to get some of that evil smell on her.

I sure hope she doesn't because it's quite refreshing to have another innocent character. I totally believe Oliver, he was very sincere with Rick and Caroline today. I especially believed him when he called Aly and what he said to her. I love those two!!
  • Love 1

Maybe he didn't have any or I think he would have..

Has anybody stopped to think that because of the storm he didn't have electricity?? SMH!! Liam isn't a man child.

All I can go by is what I'm being shown. I didn't see the reference to the power being out due to a storm. It was windy but was it raining outside? Its not raining at Medieval Times, or at the Forrester mansion, Rick's house, or at the coco cabana club where Hope is with Wyatt tossing back beers. If the show intended us to believe the power was out, a simple shot of him flicking an inoperable light switch would have sufficed. I didnt see that and i could plug in those holes on my own, but i dont feel like taking on that job.

It makes more sense to me that the show wanted me to chuckle at a grown man nestling into bed with his ipad at like 8pm, getting super scared of noises, tripping over furniture, taking himself to urgent care, then getting harassed by a crazy lady after he returned home. Liam shivering at the sight of Quinn who immediately calls him a whiny little bitch is hilarious to me. She thinks that of him and I think the show wants me to think "hahaha hell...she's kind of got a point" about him too. Is that the totality of Liam's character? Not at all. But he's been acting like this for the last 3 episodes and its cracking me up.

Did anyone notice the smoking cauldron when Deacon was creeping around Quinn's lair? I bet some set designer had a blast with that. Lol

Oh and Quinn needs a good butt whupping. I'm not saying Liam should hit her, but I'd understand. ©C. Rock

• Love 4

Bill is right. They just need to go down to the courthouse and tie the knot. Brooke has been married a dozen times, but, oh no, she has to have another big ceremony. All the better to be called off or interrupted.

Looks as if nut job has made a large, deadly version of the Spencer sword pendant.

• Love 4

All I can go by is what I'm being shown. I didn't see the reference to the power being out due to a storm. It was windy but was it raining outside? Its not raining at Medieval Times, or at the Forrester mansion, Rick's house, or at the coco cabana club where Hope is with Wyatt tossing back beers. If the show intended us to believe the power was out, a simple shot of him flicking an inoperable light switch would have sufficed. I didnt see that and i could plug in those holes on my own, but i dont feel like taking on that job.

It makes more sense to me that the show wanted me to chuckle at a grown man nestling into bed with his ipad at like 8pm, getting super scared of noises, tripping over furniture, taking himself to urgent care, then getting harassed by a crazy lady after he returned home. Liam shivering at the sight of Quinn who immediately calls him a whiny little bitch is hilarious to me. She thinks that of him and I think the show wants me to think "hahaha hell...she's kind of got a point" about him too. Is that the totality of Liam's character? Not at all. But he's been acting like this for the last 3 episodes and its cracking me up.

Did anyone notice the smoking cauldron when Deacon was creeping around Quinn's lair? I bet some set designer had a blast with that. Lol

Oh and Quinn needs a good butt whupping. I'm not saying Liam should hit her, but I'd understand. ©C. Rock

IMO Liam should kick her stupid murdering ass but good, especially today when the bitch threatened him and Hopes lives!! The lights were obviously out last night or he would not have used a flashlight because they were on today. The wind was howling enough to take the power out and I believe it was raining because I'm pretty sure I heard and saw it. He has every right to be scared of her considering the sword she's making to kill him. He shouldn't be scared, seriously? SMH!!
  • Love 1

Bill is right. They just need to go down to the courthouse and tie the knot. Brooke has been married a dozen times, but, oh no, she has to have another big ceremony. All the better to be called off or interrupted.

This.

In fact Brooke's sham wedding to Whip is the only nuptials Ridge hasn't interrupted or attempt to stop in this show's entire history. Real people learn from these things.

Plus, didn't she and Ridge get married at City Hall the second to last time they got hitched? So what's the deal now?

I wish someone would give this advice to idiot Hope the next time she gets married. :/

• Love 3

This.

In fact Brooke's sham wedding to Whip is the only nuptials Ridge hasn't interrupted or attempt to stop in this show's entire history. Real people learn from these things.

Plus, didn't she and Ridge get married at City Hall the second to last time they got hitched? So what's the deal now?

I wish someone would give this advice to idiot Hope the next time she gets married. :/

I don't see Hope as an idiot. She's one of the smarter characters on this show. She makes bad choices like they all do but she's way better than most of them.

Boy, this show loves to do recent-history flashback montages, doesn't it??  

Qrazy Quinn is very entertaining, as is Deacon constantly lurking in that closet or whatever whenever someone comes by.  And yes, the fire and smoking cauldron in her "work-live space" are excellent touches.  And of course the weapon she's been making is a large-scale sword of the necklace-swords!!  That's just fun villainy.  

I liked Oliver's explanation to Rick and Caroline, and it had the benefit of being consistent with what we've been shown from him and Ally getting to know each other.  I sometimes appreciate character consistency on my soaps.    

• Love 2

[Liam] has every right to be scared of her considering the sword she's making to kill him. 

Awww, Quinn's just making a cool prop for her Medieval Times costume. No worries, Liam.

• Love 4

Boy, this show loves to do recent-history flashback montages, doesn't it??

Qrazy Quinn is very entertaining, as is Deacon constantly lurking in that closet or whatever whenever someone comes by. And yes, the fire and smoking cauldron in her "work-live space" are excellent touches. And of course the weapon she's been making is a large-scale sword of the necklace-swords!! That's just fun villainy.

I liked Oliver's explanation to Rick and Caroline, and it had the benefit of being consistent with what we've been shown from him and Ally getting to know each other. I sometimes appreciate character consistency on my soaps.

ITA, especially since Rick didn't think Oliver was sincere and IMO so was his explanation!!

Awww, Quinn's just making a cool prop for her Medieval Times costume. No worries, Liam.

LOL, right!! Her live by the sword and die by it proves she's trying to kill him. She's one crazy, lunatic bitch. The witch hunt will be badly needed!!
  • Love 1
(edited)

That sword was really nice, and parts of the blade looked serrated.  I can't wait to see how she uses it!

Did anyone notice the smoking cauldron when Deacon was creeping around Quinn's lair? I bet some set designer had a blast with that.

I noticed it today because you mentioned it, luvlee!  And "lair" is the perfect word to describe her studio.

I think today was the first time we've seen Bill and Brooke together since they were in Dubai.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 2
I could see Quinn and Cersei Lannister being BFFs!

Heh, I dunno, Cersei doesn't seem to be type who's able to regard other women as friends. I can however see Quinn and Lysa Arryn bonding over their sons. In fact, I'm now wondering how long it's been since Quinn breastfed Wyatt.

• Love 1

Heh, I dunno, Cersei doesn't seem to be type who's able to regard other women as friends. I can however see Quinn and Lysa Arryn bonding over their sons. In fact, I'm now wondering how long it's been since Quinn breastfed Wyatt.

LMFAO. IMO she's still doing it!!
  • Love 1

I think Cersei and Quinn could bond over their obsessions with their sons. Cersei would also admire Quinn's ruthlessness and vice versa.

Anyway, wonder if Quinn will end up wounding Wyatt instead of Liam?

• Love 2

Anyway, wonder if Quinn will end up wounding Wyatt instead of Liam?

Ohh, good call.  That would snap her back to reality.  Though I did love when she kicked Liam's sprained ankle.

How weird is it that I could barley tolerate Hope in her scenes with Liam and Wyatt today, but I really liked her in her scenes with Bill and Brooke?

• Love 1

So I haven't watched any of this week's episodes of The Hope Logan Show - should I? I'm tempted to have a look at the Bill vs Deacon scenes, and I've been waiting for Quinn to do something reckless and melodramatic ever since she came on the canvas, but... I'm just so uninspired. Nothing I've read this week has made me want to watch the show. How sad! I found a whole heap of episodes on YouTube from c1997 with German overdubs so I've been watching them instead (and making the story up as I go along because ich spreche kein Deutsch - much more fun!).

Anyway, here are some spoilers from SNS for 7/14:

With Bill and Brooke making wedding plans, Ridge pushes himself to remember the details of his accident. // Ridge finally remembers who caused his accident and reveals to Bill, Brooke and Katie what happened on the fateful day. // Bill's denial of involvement is countered by Ridge, who cites a piece of incriminating evidence. // Meanwhile, Justin covers up his role as pilot of the helicopter that Ridge fell out of. // Rick and Caroline are at odds over her uncle. // Carter receives unsettling news about Maya and Rick. // Oliver tells Aly what is on the recording before Maya can blurt it out. // Aly looks to Darla for advice. // Ivy is offered a job vacated by a disgraced employee. // Wyatt puts his new plan into action. // Hope walks in on Wyatt enjoying the company of another woman. // Donna is determined to seduce a confession out of Justin. // COMING: Brooke must choose which of two conflicting stories to believe.

By the way, Happy 4th July 'Murica!

• Love 3

Re: that "disgraced employee," dare I hope it is Maya? Since 7-14 is my birthday, that would be a nice gift! If it is Quinn, I will be pissed. She was not an employee, but, unfortunately, the writers aren't bright enough to know that.

• Love 1

Just think.  Last 4th of July we had all of the younger set at Rick's party.  Rick and Maya were together while Caroline and Rafael were scheming on that web series (blech) to break them apart.  Hope had just met Wyatt and was waiting for Liam to show up at the party while he was trying to figure out why Steffy wanted a divorce.  Thomas and Oliver were roommates and Oliver was getting sloppy drunk and couldn't get his 'Murica speech out (which cracked me up).  Marcus and Dayzee were...around.  I liked that vibe.  More people were around.

• Love 2

It appears that the writers have switched from "bat shit crazy Aly" to "bat shit crazy Quinn", and Im thinking, this will be an exiting plan for RS. Too bad, she is a good actress. I just know that right now, they are making Liam to be the weakest male character on this soap, even though I do like the actor a lot. Here's the thing I don't understand about this Brooke/Hope duo that have men fawning and drooling at the mouth over.

• Love 1

I don't understand why they had to make Quinn into a certifiable lunatic.  What a waste of Rena Sofer's talents.  She was fine as the weird, controlling, slightly menacing, S&M-loving jewelry designer.  Now she's too close to real-life stalkers and abusers to be any fun for me to watch.  Can she please be impaled on that ridiculous sword and thrown over a cliff?  And then be declared most sincerely dead?

Loved, loved, loved Aly and Oliver and Pam and Charlie this week.  One thing this show does extremely well is showing people having fun.  GH hasn't had that kind of sense of humor for years.

(edited)

I don't understand why they had to make Quinn into a certifiable lunatic. What a waste of Rena Sofer's talents. She was fine as the weird, controlling, slightly menacing, S&M-loving jewelry designer. Now she's too close to real-life stalkers and abusers to be any fun for me to watch. Can she please be impaled on that ridiculous sword and thrown over a cliff? And then be declared most sincerely dead?

Loved, loved, loved Aly and Oliver and Pam and Charlie this week. One thing this show does extremely well is showing people having fun. GH hasn't had that kind of sense of humor for years.

IKR? IMO that show is way too serious and they need to lighten up!! There r some funny moments but they're few and fae between. I totally adored the two couples double dating and the midevil stuff. I didn't think we'd actually get to see it.

ICAM regarding yr suggestion about Quinn. She should take her own suggestion about live by the sword, die by the sword although she's the one who should do it to herself like u said!! The witch hunt will be lots of fun but if they catch her they might as well write her off the show which would make me very, very happy!! At least Weanie will finally have to realize that yes, her mother is that dangerous and very capable of killing someone!!

It appears that the writers have switched from "bat shit crazy Aly" to "bat shit crazy Quinn", and Im thinking, this will be an exiting plan for RS. Too bad, she is a good actress. I just know that right now, they are making Liam to be the weakest male character on this soap, even though I do like the actor a lot. Here's the thing I don't understand about this Brooke/Hope duo that have men fawning and drooling at the mouth over.

People won't if they're not a fan. I don't see him as weak at all. I see him as a total victim because he is. Edited by meow
  • Love 1

What Bell should have done is have Quinn go after Bill romantically.  Brooke needs a strong female antagonist to play off of.  With Stephanie and Taylor gone, Quinn and Rena would have been perfect.  Heather Tom with her smirking and sneering isn't cutting it.

Plus we would have gotten the added bonus of Ridge, the unwashed, watching two women fight over a man who isn't him

• Love 3

Just think. Last 4th of July we had all of the younger set at Rick's party. Rick and Maya were together while Caroline and Rafael were scheming on that web series (blech) to break them apart. Hope had just met Wyatt and was waiting for Liam to show up at the party while he was trying to figure out why Steffy wanted a divorce. Thomas and Oliver were roommates and Oliver was getting sloppy drunk and couldn't get his 'Murica speech out (which cracked me up). Marcus and Dayzee were...around. I liked that vibe. More people were around.

Wyatt's only been around a year? God, did time drag its six inch heels this season.

Even with fewer younger characters around, this show has far more focus and balance on the next gen than it did ten years ago, when Bridget was with Nick and Rick was sleeping his way the Hayes branch of women.

• Love 2
I don't see [Liam] as weak at all. I see him as a total victim because he is.
I see him as weak.  Why doesn't he stand up to Quinn?  After she poked him with that stupid sword, why didn't he get a restraining order if he thought it was such a big deal?  He sees Quinn lit up in the dark looking all menacing, and then he's cowering like a baby.  Most recently, when she entered his apartment again, why does he tolerate it?  Surely he's strong enough to physically shove her out of his house?  He asked her to leave.  She refused.  Pick her up and physically remove her from the premises.  He looks scrawny and weak, but you don't need a lot of strength to do a fireman's carry (sling her over his shoulder) and then throw her out.

Now she has this sword at his neck.  Why'd he even let it get to that?  Does she look like she knows how to use it?  The minute she pulled that thing out, he should have used both of his hands and grabbed both of her wrists and pinned her to the floor?  Even though he is physically small and scrawny, surely even he could have overpowered this woman who has to be at least in her mid 40s.  He's what, 25, at most?  A 25 year old man can't best a 45 year old woman in a fight?

Based on what we have been shown, I'd say there's a strong case to be made for saying they are making him look pathetically weak.

• Love 5

I wonder what Quinn has boiling in that cauldron of hers? Eye of newt? Blood of a Spencer?

Definitely blood of Spencer!! That witches cauldron fit those scenes perfectly. All she needed was a witches costume with the pointed hat and blacked out teeth!!

I see him as weak. Why doesn't he stand up to Quinn? After she poked him with that stupid sword, why didn't he get a restraining order if he thought it was such a big deal? He sees Quinn lit up in the dark looking all menacing, and then he's cowering like a baby. Most recently, when she entered his apartment again, why does he tolerate it? Surely he's strong enough to physically shove her out of his house? He asked her to leave. She refused. Pick her up and physically remove her from the premises. He looks scrawny and weak, but you don't need a lot of strength to do a fireman's carry (sling her over his shoulder) and then throw her out.

Now she has this sword at his neck. Why'd he even let it get to that? Does she look like she knows how to use it? The minute she pulled that thing out, he should have used both of his hands and grabbed both of her wrists and pinned her to the floor? Even though he is physically small and scrawny, surely even he could have overpowered this woman who has to be at least in her mid 40s. He's what, 25, at most? A 25 year old man can't best a 45 year old woman in a fight?

Based on what we have been shown, I'd say there's a strong case to be made for saying they are making him look pathetically weak.

I totally disagree. I see the show portraying him a victim because he is one. I have absolutely no idea why he didn't take her down. I have no way of knowing, SMH. Maybe he doesn't manhandle women even when they're trying to kill him. I just don't know seeing as I don't write for the show. All I know is IMO he's not weak, he's a victim.
  • Love 1

I do see Liam as kind of weak but then I usually see the middle part of the triangle as weak.  Like Ridge when he was and like Hope currently is. Not physically weak but mentally. I get that people can change their mind but the back and forth and over and over comes off as weak, to me. Liam isn't the middle right now and he's come a long way but I don't totally buy that he'd stick with Hope if Steffy was to return.

I think that as soon as Liam raises a hand to Quinn he would be seen as in the wrong because who would believe a 25 year old man would be terrorized by a small 45 year old woman?  So I like that he doesn't or hasn't yet gotten physical with her. I think she's expecting him to and at that point she would cry victim. Someone not knowing the situation would totally believe her. Just saying.

• Love 2

I do see Liam as kind of weak but then I usually see the middle part of the triangle as weak.  Like Ridge when he was and like Hope currently is. Not physically weak but mentally. I get that people can change their mind but the back and forth and over and over comes off as weak, to me. Liam isn't the middle right now and he's come a long way but I don't totally buy that he'd stick with Hope if Steffy was to return.

I think that as soon as Liam raises a hand to Quinn he would be seen as in the wrong because who would believe a 25 year old man would be terrorized by a small 45 year old woman?  So I like that he doesn't or hasn't yet gotten physical with her. I think she's expecting him to and at that point she would cry victim. Someone not knowing the situation would totally believe her. Just saying.

I agree. If Liam had physically put her out of the house, Quinn would have cried "Assault!"

• Love 2

I do not believe in a man hitting a woman..period! But,Liam could have done other things to make her leave. What's wrong with calling the Cops?? Better yet, call Charlie! Isn't he some kind of security fella? Not much in my opinion, but never the less. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I do see Liam as kind of weak but then I usually see the middle part of the triangle as weak. Like Ridge when he was and like Hope currently is. Not physically weak but mentally. I get that people can change their mind but the back and forth and over and over comes off as weak, to me. Liam isn't the middle right now and he's come a long way but I don't totally buy that he'd stick with Hope if Steffy was to return.

I think that as soon as Liam raises a hand to Quinn he would be seen as in the wrong because who would believe a 25 year old man would be terrorized by a small 45 year old woman? So I like that he doesn't or hasn't yet gotten physical with her. I think she's expecting him to and at that point she would cry victim. Someone not knowing the situation would totally believe her. Just saying.

Liam would never, ever have sex with that psycho and there's absolutely no proof that he even would!! I just don't understand where this is coming from and it's so ridiculous!!

Liam probably doesn't manhandle women which IMO makes him a good man. There's absolutely no proof whatsoever that Liam would be with her if she was around. He had a chance at his last wedding but look what happened, he turned her down and chose Hope like he always has, good man. He's done with her!! :)

I agree. If Liam had physically put her out of the house, Quinn would have cried "Assault!"

Exactly, which is why he didn't manhandle her.

Edited by radishcake
language
  • Love 2

Guys please remember to use IN MY OPINION. Proof doesn't enter in to it. There is no proving, just your opinion on the writing.
Also note that I am moderating out misogynistic talk. I'm not even going to ask you to edit but if it continues I'll just start deleting posts.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think I may have started the notion of a Quinn/Liam hookup.  It's not a spoiler or anything, just wishful thinking on my part.  A few of us here have noticed a strong chemistry between the two actors and feel it would be a shame not to capitalize on it.  I've never seen any chemistry between Hope and Liam.  They've always given off more of a brother/sister vibe to me.

We need to keep in mind that B&B is fiction.  Clearly, since it's set in the fashion industry, in Los Angeles, California, yet has no gay characters except that dude who went to the Pride parade with Ridge.  And as with all fiction, anything can happen.  

Editing because I'd forgotten about Dani and Karen.  Easy enough to do because (a.) they're hardly ever on, and (2.) they're only mentioned whenever Bill wants to congratulate himself for being so magnanimous in accepting their relationship.  Also, their only connection to the fashion industry is Caroline.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 4
I just know that right now, they are making Liam to be the weakest male character on this soap, even though I do like the actor a lot.

Agreed.  They have him acting like an old fashioned damsel in distress at this point.  He doesn't have to physically manhandle Quinn by any means, but damn, Liam, grab a phone, call the cops.  Surreptitiously record her threats and rants on your phone.  Get a restraining order. Do something.  And it's bugging me, because I normally love SC.  I loved him on GH and OLTL, and I've even liked him, at times, here.  But, lately, Liam has sucked, and it's ruining my enjoyment of SC. 

I think I may have started the notion of a Quinn/Liam hookup.  It's not a spoiler or anything, just wishful thinking on my part.  A few of us here have noticed a strong chemistry between the two actors and feel it would be a shame not to capitalize on it.  I've never seen any chemistry between Hope and Liam.  They've always given off more of a brother/sister vibe to me.

I'm with you.  I think Hope and Liam have a kind of sweet vibe to them, but nothing "hot."  Quinn and Liam have some weird sort of crackling tension in their scenes, and it's going to end up leaving me disappointed if we don't get so much as a drunken "mistake" one time hook-up between them.  I could easily see a scenario where Quinn sets out to seduce him once, to break up Hope/Liam, and they end up really into each other for a brief time (for those who watch GH, I could see at least a short term version of Morgan/Ava between these two).  Nobody knows where the show is really going to go with it, but that's what I'd do, if I was in charge. It sucks when shows have unexpected chemistry like that crop up and don't take advantage of it.  

• Love 3

Guys please remember to use IN MY OPINION. Proof doesn't enter in to it. There is no proving, just your opinion on the writing.

Also note that I am moderating out misogynistic talk. I'm not even going to ask you to edit but if it continues I'll just start deleting posts.

IMO the proof is on the screen and that's what I go by when I talk about proof.

I think I may have started the notion of a Quinn/Liam hookup. It's not a spoiler or anything, just wishful thinking on my part. A few of us here have noticed a strong chemistry between the two actors and feel it would be a shame not to capitalize on it. I've never seen any chemistry between Hope and Liam. They've always given off more of a brother/sister vibe to me.

We need to keep in mind that B&B is fiction. Clearly, since it's set in the fashion industry, in Los Angeles, California, yet has no gay characters except that dude who went to the Pride parade with Ridge. As fiction, anything can happen.

OMG, I for one know it's fiction, RME!! Of course if someone isn't a Lope fan they won't see the chemistry but I sure do. They make an awesome team. It's Quinn and Liam that I totally can't see ever having sex, gross. Good thing he hates her!!

Agreed. They have him acting like an old fashioned damsel in distress at this point. He doesn't have to physically manhandle Quinn by any means, but damn, Liam, grab a phone, call the cops. Surreptitiously record her threats and rants on your phone. Get a restraining order. Do something. And it's bugging me, because I normally love SC. I loved him on GH and OLTL, and I've even liked him, at times, here. But, lately, Liam has sucked, and it's ruining my enjoyment of SC.

I'm with you. I think Hope and Liam have a kind of sweet vibe to them, but nothing "hot." Quinn and Liam have some weird sort of crackling tension in their scenes, and it's going to end up leaving me disappointed if we don't get so much as a drunken "mistake" one time hook-up between them. I could easily see a scenario where Quinn sets out to seduce him once, to break up Hope/Liam, and they end up really into each other for a brief time (for those who watch GH, I could see at least a short term version of Morgan/Ava between these two). Nobody knows where the show is really going to go with it, but that's what I'd do, if I was in charge. It sucks when shows have unexpected chemistry like that crop up and don't take advantage of it.

Thank gawd they don't!! I adored SC as Dillon on GH and wish he was still there, too bad. Liam is a victim in this case and I believe that's what is being portrayed in the show. Plus she always has him trapped so he can't get to the phone and I'm pretty sure I know what would happen if he even tried. That being said, he should have called the police after the steam room attack. IDK why he didn't, maybe because psycho witch is his brother's mother, there's just no way to know why.
  • Love 1

I think I may have started the notion of a Quinn/Liam hookup. It's not a spoiler or anything, just wishful thinking on my part. A few of us here have noticed a strong chemistry between the two actors and feel it would be a shame not to capitalize on it. I've never seen any chemistry between Hope and Liam. They've always given off more of a brother/sister vibe to me.

We need to keep in mind that B&B is fiction. Clearly, since it's set in the fashion industry, in Los Angeles, California, yet has no gay characters except that dude who went to the Pride parade with Ridge. And as with all fiction, anything can happen..

Wierder things have happened. Who would've ever thought Bill and Brooke would be a thing after the Dare fiasco? No pairing since Rick and Steffy has been shocking to me, just the ones that didn't happen (ie, Nick and Hope).

• Love 3

Liam could have called the cops on Quinn a few times now, the steam room, the sword poke, the death threats, the breaking and entering.  Aly also could have reported the threats Quinn made toward her on the rooftop/bridge.

At least if Liam had reported her, it would make it more difficult for her to just show and not have any consequences.  Plus, $Bill is is his father, he could just hire a security team.  The whole thing is kind of implausible, but I guess we need him to be wimpy/not want to report Wyatt's mother for whatever reason in order for Quinn to literally stalk and threaten him.

• Love 3
Nick and Hope

Oh my God. Does anyone know what Jack Wagner's doing right now? Nick, Ridge & Deacon could have a Battle of the Part Time Dads / Creepy Romantic Interests. If it was good enough for the Ancient Greeks, it should be good enough for us!

Brooke needs a strong female antagonist to play off of.  With Stephanie and Taylor gone, Quinn and Rena would have been perfect.  Heather Tom with her smirking and sneering isn't cutting it.

And the fact that Brooke & Katie are sisters doesn't help to fuel a longstanding animosity storyline-wise - I can't imagine Brooke saying that she would never want to see Katie again because they're family, whereas I'm sure she would have spat out those words while talking about mortal enemies Stephanie & Taylor (the latter in particular). Brooke and Quinn are chalk and cheese - a lover versus a fighter. And if Quinn is meant to be the Stephanie pseudo-recast, it makes little sense to have them in so few scenes to really flaunt that comparison in the "Ridge is a new man!!!!" style of writing we had ad nauseum for months after TK's arrival. 

Speaking of Stephanie, apparently Venice: The Series is doing a meet and greet and Susan Flannery is alleged to be there. Every now and then I forget that she's still alive. Is that horrible of me? Someone better go and take pictures. I bet it'd be like getting a photo of Bigfoot or a UFO. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I haven't heard anything about Rena Sofer or Scott Clifton leaving the show, so I doubt that Quinn is going to be successful in her bid to off Liam. So what was, and what has been the point (pun intended) of all this? For me, it appears they have ratcheted up Quinn's crazy in the last few weeks, and I am beginning to wonder if we are in for some type of redemption SL. I keep wondering why they have hooked Quinn and Deacon up. I can't think of anyone they could mutually scheme against given that Deacon wants to get back into Hope's good graces. If he goes after anyone in the Forrester, Logan or Spencer clans, then Hope is going to kick him to the curb. And they keep making him appear concerned for Quinn rather than attracted to her. Could we be heading for a dual redemption, with Deacon trying to help Quinn? At this point, anything would be better than watching a middle aged woman terrorize a grown man. I remain amazed that NO ONE has called the police to report Quinn's actions, and frankly, they have lost me with the ridiculousness of the SL, and I find myself actually rooting for Quinn to do something to bring it to an end.

And of course we don't know how Wyatt will play into this; will he dash in and save his brother? And if so, would that cement his relationship with Liam? Spoilers indicate something along those lines is going to happen, and maybe actually seeing his mom in action is what it will take for Wyatt to accept that she needs help.

It was so good to see Bill and Brooke again! And I am glad they are still together; I new Brooke wouldn't get all worked up about the ONS. Of course, once the word gets out about Bill's involvement in Ridge's accident?

Hopefully this week we will get back to some interesting SL's, because I am about sick of the Hope and Liam show. They are ok in small doses, but more than that causes me to pass out from over indulgence and boredom.

I think I may have started the notion of a Quinn/Liam hookup.  It's not a spoiler or anything, just wishful thinking on my part.  A few of us here have noticed a strong chemistry between the two actors and feel it would be a shame not to capitalize on it.  I've never seen any chemistry between Hope and Liam.  They've always given off more of a brother/sister vibe to me.

Keep wishing! Something definitely sparks between SC and RS; think how much more interesting this would have been if Liam was dealing with some type of feelings for Quinn. I would much rather have seen him wrestling with that type of dilemma, rather than watching him quake and shiver whenever he sees Quinn.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 3

[re: Quinn & Liam ]

Wierder things have happened. Who would've ever thought Bill and Brooke would be a thing after the Dare fiasco? No pairing since Rick and Steffy has been shocking to me, just the ones that didn't happen (ie, Nick and Hope).

Anna , I agree and I think this show is known for its crazy hook ups and unexpected pairings. Deacon and Brooke, Ridge and Bridget, Rick and Taylor are just some if the hookups I said "What?!" to. So if Liam and Quinn have drunken sex or love hate fling I wouldn't be shocked.
  • Love 2
I can't imagine Brooke saying that she would never want to see Katie again because they're family, whereas I'm sure she would have spat out those words while talking about mortal enemies Stephanie & Taylor (the latter in particular).

I'd be firmly with her in the never wanting to see Taylor again stance.  Jeebus, that woman is annoying.  

Could we be heading for a dual redemption, with Deacon trying to help Quinn?

That would be my guess.  It would be insanity to waste Rena's talent on a "she's crazy, now she's gone" arc.  I don't want to see her fully "good," because she's too good at what she's been doing, but reign it in some and give her some softness to round out the crazy/scheming.  And if Deacon is going to be here for any length of time, which I hope he is, then he needs to be something other than just the big bad wolf.  Both characters already have their soft side for their respective kids, but they need more to soften the edges than just a standard "I love my kid." 

• Love 3
I expect some kind of tussle today in which Quinn injures Wyatt instead of Liam.

What if she accidentally hurts Hope??  And then Wyatt and Liam bond over being furious with Quinn, and worrying about Hope, who will of course have some sort of amnesia and not remember her relationship with either of them, and so they'll both have to start dating her all over again, and we'll be treated to (subjected to) months and months of them trying to out-do each other with wildly escalating elaborate date scenarios.  

Can someone explain Deacon's mustache to me?  

• Love 3
What if she accidentally hurts Hope??  And then Wyatt and Liam bond over being furious with Quinn, and worrying about Hope, who will of course have some sort of amnesia and not remember her relationship with either of them, and so they'll both have to start dating her all over again, and we'll be treated to (subjected to) months and months of them trying to out-do each other with wildly escalating elaborate date scenarios.

Oh hell, I feel like I just read Bill Bell's vision for the next 18 months. 

• Love 4

I expect some kind of tussle today in which Quinn injures Wyatt instead of Liam. Since Liam is her target, he's probably safe by soap rules. If Charlie, Bill or Hope were on their way there, I would say they would be the ones to get injured. I've liked SC for many years. I think he does a good job with whatever the writers give him. B&B has given him a lot of lemons, but he usually does something good with them. I do wonder if RS or DB will be leaving the show soon. If the mom doesn't kill her son, then maybe someone will kill her, I'm thinking $Bill. Remember how mad he was at Amber?

Mad enough to push her off a cliff, LOL. She deserved or for trying to pass her baby off as Liam's to extort money. Isn't that a crime? I wonder about them leaving as well because I don't see longevity with those characters. That's fine by me because I hate both of them and they can't leave soon enough for me!!

What if she accidentally hurts Hope?? And then Wyatt and Liam bond over being furious with Quinn, and worrying about Hope, who will of course have some sort of amnesia and not remember her relationship with either of them, and so they'll both have to start dating her all over again, and we'll be treated to (subjected to) months and months of them trying to out-do each other with wildly escalating elaborate date scenarios.

Can someone explain Deacon's mustache to me?

Excellent question. IMO it looks awful. Am I allowed to say that?

I certainly hope we won't be subjected to months and months of that awful triangle again. A yr of that already was way too long!! I wouldn't be surprised at all if crazy hurts Hope because she has threatened to kill her if she stays with Weanie.

• Love 1

What if she accidentally hurts Hope??  And then Wyatt and Liam bond over being furious with Quinn, and worrying about Hope, who will of course have some sort of amnesia and not remember her relationship with either of them, and so they'll both have to start dating her all over again, and we'll be treated to (subjected to) months and months of them trying to out-do each other with wildly escalating elaborate date scenarios.  

Lawd, have mercy!  I just can't.  

I realize that in Brad Bell's mind that Hope is supposed to be the "new Brooke," but this woman-child has nothing that draws me in the way Brooke did back in the day.  I've had my fill of the "Perils of Pauline" storylines with Hope and could care less which of Bill Spencer's sons she actually chooses.  Not to mention that she is the hypotenuse in a triangle with two of the most unappealing twerps on daytime.

• Love 6

Good scenes today between Wyatt and Quinn and Wyatt and Liam. I actually felt sorry for Wyatt when he was talking about his childhood dealing with his crazy, obsessive mother. Of course, IRL the police would have been called , but this is B&B, not real life!

• Love 5