Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

Interesting juxtaposition of dragonfly and key.  Could this be a subliminal representation of Kody flitting house to house?

Perhaps a spider and key would have been more fitting.

• Love 3

On Sunday there was a comment left by a jewelry company saying that Robyn steals designs and how it is not acceptable in the jewelry world.  Did anyone else see it?  It was left on a photo of Aurora.  I should have taken a screen shot as it is gone now.  The name started with an "S" and was posted by the companies instagram page.   

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She ripped off the name of their website from My Sister's Closet, now she's ripping off the iconic Tiffany Key necklace. 

https://instagram.com/p/BiN5NxBgddX/

15FD432A-6B5F-4B98-91EA-F6AB3E043D0C.jpeg

I wouldn't say the name was stolen, just a play on words. Also, if you go on Tiffany's website they have about a hundred different key necklaces. If they have an "original", they've certainly branched out from it. Walk in any jewelry store and you'll find tons of keys. I don't think they own the shape.

• Love 4

I am kicking myself for not taking a screen shot of the comment!  It was on her personal page, not the MySisterwife'sCloset page.   I assume that was what prompted Robyn's post about not taking things personally and then sharing the sketch of her new piece.   I have to give credit to Robyn because when she started this I thought it wouldn't last long but here she is 6 years later still living her dream.   

• Love 5

And with a hundred different key pendants out there, I'm not sure "designing it" is very accurate.  Using an idea she'd already seen a bunch of different places and slapping on a bug is hardly "amazing and surreal".  I bet she's mesmerized by shiny things.

• Love 5
On 5/1/2018 at 3:09 PM, Kohola3 said:

And with a hundred different key pendants out there, I'm not sure "designing it" is very accurate.  Using an idea she'd already seen a bunch of different places and slapping on a bug is hardly "amazing and surreal".  I bet she's mesmerized by shiny things.

Tiffany has several dragonfly keys as well. 

This proves she doesn't have an original idea in her head.

Also, based on actual conceptual drawings I've seen, this totally looks like a tracing to my eye. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She's so damned dense - she posts that crap online for the world to see without even thinking that anyone could possibly fail to believe that this was all her brilliant design.  

And if she glued some cheap blue glass "rhinestones" to them, she could sell them for $11,000.  LOL.

• Love 5

It just dawned on me that Meri could remodel the shed into a store which sold Robyn's jewelry, Kody's  green drink and Meri's  Luleroe fashions.  Christine could make a cookbook and Janelle could just be intimidated by the whole thing.

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, neh said:

It just dawned on me that Meri could remodel the shed into a store which sold Robyn's jewelry, Kody's  green drink and Meri's  Luleroe fashions.  Christine could make a cookbook and Janelle could just be intimidated by the whole thing.

Ha! Your mention of Christine's cooking made me flash on what Jodie said in the RealiTV podcast for the season opener. Christine and her lasagna on a "sweltering Las Vegas day". About 2 minutes in...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And if she glued some cheap blue glass "rhinestones" to them, she could sell them for $11,000.  LOL.

That's more a dig on Tiffany than Robyn though, lol. Eleven grand for a necklace? Wow, some people sure live different than I do!

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Tiffany has several dragonfly keys as well. 

This proves she doesn't have an original idea in her head.

Also, based on actual conceptual drawings I've seen, this totally looks like a tracing to my eye. 

The necklaces look very different from the Tiffany dragonfly keys, but I don't like the wings sticking out from the key like that - I'm not a fan of sharp edges on my jewelry, lol.

As far as jewelry design goes, there are many takes on many different themes out there - keys, bugs, hearts, Celtic designs, animals, infinity symbols, flowers, and the list goes on. Unless someone designs something completely abstract, it's difficult to come up with an original theme. It didn't seem to me that Robyn was claiming she invented the idea of a key with a dragonfly, just that she designed this iteration. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, lma said:

In her post, Robyn mentioned “sketching” and how she “designed” the piece. To the average person, that sounds like she came up with an original concept all in her own. I know it’s all semantics, but let’s be honest, Robyn wants people to think this is her all-original design. And many will. And they’ll buy it and tell her how gifted and talented she is, which is her goal. 

Many small businesses do this, unfortunately.

I just don't see it that way at all. She said she designed it, not that she invented the concept of key/dragonfly necklaces. If the average person thinks otherwise, that's on them.

I worked in jewelry for a few years, and I can't tell you how many different versions of hearts, crosses, keys, flowers, etc we sold. Many were similar, many were not - but they were all designed by someone.

Everything starts out as a "design" and/or a "sketch", from a piece of jewelry to the coffee cup I'm drinking from to the chair I'm sitting on to the toothbrush I used this morning.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lma said:

I know it’s all semantics, but let’s be honest, Robyn wants people to think this is her all-original design. And many will. And they’ll buy it and tell her how gifted and talented she is, which is her goal.

I totally agree.  I just think she's clueless enough to think people won't notice that it's a knockoff of someone else's idea.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, neh said:

Has she joined forces with Meri to pair "her" jewelry with Meri's fashions?  Apologies if she has and I didn't notice.

4 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

The necklaces look very different from the Tiffany dragonfly keys, but I don't like the wings sticking out from the key like that - I'm not a fan of sharp edges on my jewelry, lol.

As far as jewelry design goes, there are many takes on many different themes out there - keys, bugs, hearts, Celtic designs, animals, infinity symbols, flowers, and the list goes on. Unless someone designs something completely abstract, it's difficult to come up with an original theme. It didn't seem to me that Robyn was claiming she invented the idea of a key with a dragonfly, just that she designed this iteration. 

But why???  You get a twofer.  A self defense tool that also looks sparkly and fancy!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I totally agree.  I just think she's clueless enough to think people won't notice that it's a knockoff of someone else's idea.  

But then ALL dragonfly key necklaces are "knockoffs". Designing something does not mean you invented it, and Robyn has not claimed any such thing.

• Love 3

I have to respectfully disagree.  What Sobyn posted about "designing" the piece along with the sketch was meant to lead her followers into believing this was her brilliant idea.  It wasn't, pure and simple.  After all, she does love to rewrite history (see creepy portrait as evidence).

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I have to respectfully disagree.  What Sobyn posted about "designing" the piece along with the sketch was meant to lead her followers into believing this was her brilliant idea.  It wasn't, pure and simple.  After all, she does love to rewrite history (see creepy portrait as evidence).

Lmao, she's never going to live that portrait down! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Why does the name Audrey Rose ring a bell?

Ok, first of all, damn you for making me go look at the MSWC website ;) I thought it sounded familiar too. Audrey Belle is the name of the clothing collection designed by Robyn. Close. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have to wonder why this person would give a crap about Robyn?

I just had to see what the jewelry is, lol!

Sample:

1A3ACAC1-D350-4F26-8239-B8FB8829BE25.png

Looked at the website - some of it's nice,  some of it's gaudy, all of it is overpriced. Way overpriced.

• Love 3
On 5/3/2018 at 10:15 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Ha! Your mention of Christine's cooking made me flash on what Jodie said in the RealiTV podcast for the season opener. Christine and her lasagna on a "sweltering Las Vegas day". About 2 minutes in...

This podcast was hilarious!

• Love 2

Robyn’s Mother’s Day blog:

Mother’s Day is around the corner and it has me thinking about what it is to be a Mom. I have 5 biological children and 13 more that I also nurture, love and call mine. Being a Mom has been one of the most joyful experiences of my life. I absolutely love it. I have never loved another person more than I love my children... but to be absolutely real, being a Mom is also one of the hardest things I do. It challenges me every day. I mean every day.

My 2 year old, Ariella is so beautiful and brings me so much joy, but she is very determined, independent, and has to be watched every minute or my bathroom sink would clogged with lotion; food would be dumped out all over the pantry floor; and she would be found two blocks down the street in her plastic high heel dress up shoes, fluffy dress, sunglasses, and her purse containing a favorite small toy on her way to uh... somewhere. She has no idea how much effort went into caring for her that day! It is just my responsibility as her Mother, because I love her, more than life itself.

Being a Mom… Is staying up until midnight on a Friday cutting out pictures until your hands hurt for a school project so that your middle schooler can turn in her Google classroom assignment on time... Is breastfeeding your child until she is two because she needs the nurturing... Is sleeping sitting upright while your feverish six-year old sleeps in your arms and every time he makes a noise you jump to attention with the throw up bowl… Is carefully navigating that conversation with your college-aged daughter about finding the right person to share life with… Is letting your teen son have his independence and start making his own decisions, even though you have been protecting him his whole life and you are scared to death the world is going to eat him alive… Is waiting and respecting your adult child to ask for advice… Is listening to your teenage daughter express her feelings for two hours and being interested in everything she has to say… Is going to work, so you can financially care for your children… Is lying awake at night worrying about all the mistakes you have made that day raising your kids and making a new commitment to do better tomorrow… Is always making sure your kids are safe and taken care of no matter what sacrifices it takes.

It is just what we do, because we are completely amazing and because we absolutely love our children with everything in us. The New York Post mentioned that a Mom’s responsibility is the equivalent of 2.5 full time jobs. Um...yea. We are pretty hard core. Being a Mom is a 24/7, 365 days a year gig!

One of the things that my own Mother taught me is that you have to take care and love yourself. For me, other than the love that God gives me, I have to make sure I know how to fill up my own Love Tank (the little place inside myself that holds the reserve of love and energy I use to do all the amazing stuff I do)! There are people in our life that can love us, but honestly it is our responsibility to figure out, with Gods help, how to love our self. This is also our responsibility as a Mother.

When you are on a plane, the flight attendant says that in the event of an inflight emergency put on your oxygen mask BEFORE you put it on anyone else. Well, as a Mother this is our responsibility. We need to make sure to take care of our self, before we can take care of our children. We have to give our self the oxygen, so that we have the energy to give our children oxygen. It isn’t selfish. It is very important to do. Otherwise we won’t have what it takes to take care of them and give them what they need.

So this Mother’s Day enjoy the flowers, the cards, the Popsicle stick picture frames, and their l love you’s, but make sure you do something to love yourself. Embrace the amazing woman that you are and do something special for you! When you are feeling whole you can freely give love and care to your babies. It is how you will continue to be amazing! You are doing great Mom!

P.S. A special shout out to all those Mr. Moms out there who are making it happen! You rock!

• Love 2

Such a sacrifice...staying up til midnight on a Friday cutting out 'pitchers' for a middle schooler's project.  Did she not have all day Saturday and Sunday to work on her own assignment, or is Robyn so intent that her spawn should outshine classmates that she lets loose her own creative juices flow to give her own child an advantage.

While Mindy can't breastfeed Ari, nor should she be the one to sit up all night with a sick child, isn't it her job to monitor the activities of a busy 2 yr. old ... just why IS Mindy there?

While we're on the theme of responsibilities, isn't it Kody's job to keep her love tank full to the brim?

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

While we're on the theme of responsibilities, isn't it Kody's job to keep her love tank full to the brim?

Yup. No mention of him...then that weird high five to "Mr. Mom's"!!?? 

This reads like Mormon Propaganda.  All the joy of life is through Motherhood.  All the love and affection you need is for and from your children.  If you are feeling lonely and unloved or unappreciated then you need to be on your knees finding love from your God and thankful for your children.  While the brainwashing is more subtle...it's similar to the bullshit from the CO$.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is carefully navigating that conversation with your college-aged daughter about finding the right person to share life with… Is letting your teen son have his independence and start making his own decisions, even though you have been protecting him his whole life and you are scared to death the world is going to eat him alive… Is waiting and respecting your adult child to ask for advice…

20 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Which "college-aged" daughter is she claiming here? Aurora only just turned 16, and the older girls are pretty much partnered up already. 

So true! The way she wrote that she makes it look like there is a college daughter and a younger teenage son, then switching to "adult" child.  Dayton is the older child, so...is he considered a teen or an adult by his mother?  Aurora may be college bound...but not college aged at 16.

• Love 5
On 5/1/2018 at 3:07 PM, lettsjetts said:

I am kicking myself for not taking a screen shot of the comment!  It was on her personal page, not the MySisterwife'sCloset page.   I assume that was what prompted Robyn's post about not taking things personally and then sharing the sketch of her new piece.   I have to give credit to Robyn because when she started this I thought it wouldn't last long but here she is 6 years later still living her dream.   

Her why!  HA!

• Love 2
(edited)

I have my doubts she even wrote that - she is not verbally articulate and that was way too above her level.  The whole bit about the ages of the kids being out of sequence makes me think that she stole it from someone else.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Again with the hashtags.  What are those supposed to do, anyway?

I can’t stand hashtags. If you click them it will show others who have used them. Big deal!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Again with the hashtags.  What are those supposed to do, anyway?

On Instagram hashtags are how you get your posts seen by others who want to see that subject.  Lets say gardening (I use the #gardening on Instagram a lot)

If you make a post with no hashtags it will only show up in the home feed of those people who actively follow you and anyone who would go to your channel page directly to look at your channel.

However if you want to put your post out into the entire whole of Instagram you use the hashtags.  On Facebook you go to a page by a celebrity and put a "like" on it, and in theory (depending on FB algorithms) when that person puts up a post it comes into your feed to see.  In Instagram it's all hashtags.  I have set up that #gardening posts pop up in my home feed, so anyone using that hashtag has the potential to be seen by anyone interested in gardening posts.  If I'm in the mood to just look at pretty garden pictures I will click on the hashtag and just scroll pictures.  I have found interesting channels to follow this way as well.  I also will search Instagram looking for specific things like organicgardening or dogsinthegarden etc.

So when Robyn is using #autismawareness hashtag she is wanting her post to go beyond just her followers out to anyone following that tag or if anyone should search for that tag. It's a way of bringing in new followers as well.  They see her post, click her channel and then follow or not. Also, someone within her followers who is just a fan and not aware that autism exists or what it is...they can click on the hashtag (because they are all auto links) and then that will take them to the search for all posts with that hashtag so they can become aware and stuff. 

• Love 14

High school, whoa. How come he gets older but I don't? Congrats to Dayton! I'm impressed with his hard work and with the result.

Robyn looks matronly as hell. WTH is on her throat? It's on the side where she had that odd swelling for awhile. Is that an infusion device or a drain or ... ?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, suomi said:

High school, whoa. How come he gets older but I don't? Congrats to Dayton! I'm impressed with his hard work and with the result.

Robyn looks matronly as hell. WTH is on her throat? It's on the side where she had that odd swelling for awhile. Is that an infusion device or a drain or ... ?

All I see is the clasp to her necklace 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, toodles said:

What great young man.  

Yes he is.  I'm sure going into a large loud family had it's challenges for him and to graduate with advanced classes.  To me he is a lot like Christine's son, who wants to remain in the background when they are on the show.

• Love 2