Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I have to say that I have been WWing since May and I have never been hungry.  One does need to get used to eating until you are satisfied without getting full.  If you are full you have eaten too much.  What works for ME is I eat 3 meals plus 3 snack times per day.  I was also taught that if you are feeling hungry you may just be dehydrated and to try water 1st.  If after your meal you feel like you could eat more, wait 20 minutes.  If you are still hungry you need to eat a bit more.  I am ALMOST at my goal.  It could be 1 more pound to 6, not quite sure where I want to stop yet.  So down 29lbs and 3 pant sizes.  I am not sure this plan will work for everyone but it easy for me.  There are no gimmicky foods either (JANELLE!).  

My mother swears by WW.  She started in the early 70's, got off track in her 30-48 age range and.  Sky high blood pressure and high cholesterol, made her go back to WW.  She now stays within 5 pounds of her goal weight.  It's a lifestyle change, not a diet.  Congrats on your weight loss.  I'm still struggling with mine.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My mother swears by WW.  She started in the early 70's, got off track in her 30-48 age range and.  Sky high blood pressure and high cholesterol, made her go back to WW.  She now stays within 5 pounds of her goal weight.  It's a lifestyle change, not a diet.  Congrats on your weight loss.  I'm still struggling with mine.

Thank you!  It's the only thing that really clicked with me.  You will get there!  Good luck!!!

• Love 5

So Hunter's at the Air Force Academy, Logan finished his Bach. and is working on his Masters at UNLV, Mariah got her Bach and now is working on her Masters, Aspyn graduated I think? Dayton is starting college, Garrison was doing something with the military but I don't remember what, and then Mykelti managed to catch herself Fat Tony.  Ouch.

Man when I look at how the Brown kids are turning out vs the Duggars, the Browns are winning by a mile - at least in the education and job arenas.  I wonder how Jim Boob would feel if one of his sons entered the military?  Or heaven's forbid a daughter?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

So Hunter's at the Air Force Academy, Logan finished his Bach. and is working on his Masters at UNLV, Mariah got her Bach and now is working on her Masters, Aspyn graduated I think? Dayton is starting college, Garrison was doing something with the military but I don't remember what, and then Mykelti managed to catch herself Fat Tony.  Ouch.

Man when I look at how the Brown kids are turning out vs the Duggars, the Browns are winning by a mile - at least in the education and job arenas.  I wonder how Jim Boob would feel if one of his sons entered the military?  Or heaven's forbid a daughter?

We may think FT was a terrible choice, but at least Mykelti was free to make that choice.  There is very little to admire about the Brown adults in general, but it is gratifying that to see their children go out into the world, free to make decisions, and educated well enough to have a variety of options.  

JB doesn't need to worry about any of his offspring joining the military.  They're so poorly educated they probably couldn't fill out the application forms.  Even if a Duggar somehow managed to officially join, can you imagine any of them surviving boot camp?  

• Love 14
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B1677D6D-505F-496C-9F0E-A5867ABD9D04.jpeg

E4F456F5-3A0E-4749-A145-FA35DA35ED0F.jpeg

She's traveling? Wonderful. Next, we'll get to see how much she complicates her food choices because its "so hard" finding healthful choices while traveling (insert eyeroll). Unless she's in the wilderness somewhere, there's usually something nearby. Even gas stations are carrying a health-conscious section these days. 

And when's the last time this woman announced doing any cardio, even medium intensity? I tried searching and if I'm wrong, please correct me. Off to do my own cardio before work (it'll be needed, it's a holiday weekend and people are stupid).

• Love 7

I've thought of making a smoothie with Unsweetened Almond milk ( 1 cup is 30 calories) and some frozen strawberries, but, that's really low calorie and it's just for my treat. I don't want to get caught up in that being a meal though or putting too many calories into it. 

Ref. the cashier asking Janelle if she qualified for senior discount.  Some places offer that for people age 50 and up.  I do think Janelle could be 50. She's a very attractive lady, but, I do think she has that appearance. Plus, she's almost 50 anyway.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

I'm trying to imagine Janelle traveling and going to various yoga classes across the country. Isn't that was she is saying in her post above about yoga?  From what we know of Janelle....that's awfully difficult to imagine. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

919E9152-A95E-44A6-8C90-8AD7ECEEB214.jpeg

I hope she was wearing a freaking mask on that flight.  If not she is a giant asshole.  I would be the one giving her a giant death stare while pulling out my own gd mask since she most likely wasn't wearing one.  I get sick at the drop of a hat due to my meds/MS and it can be very bad.  The fact it made her lol when commenting on the death stare comment makes me seethe.  

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I hope she was wearing a freaking mask on that flight.  If not she is a giant asshole.  I would be the one giving her a giant death stare while pulling out my own gd mask since she most likely wasn't wearing one.  I get sick at the drop of a hat due to my meds/MS and it can be very bad.  The fact it made her lol when commenting on the death stare comment makes me seethe.  

I will not fly without a mask.  And I wipe down everything I might touch with a Clorox wipe.  I am not a germophobe . . . I've just come home from too many vacations with a cold or the flu.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I will not fly without a mask.  And I wipe down everything I might touch with a Clorox wipe.  I am not a germophobe . . . I've just come home from too many vacations with a cold or the flu.

My coworkers mom always came home with pneumonia when she traveled so she started wearing masks on flights.  It did help her.  That is super smart to wipe everything down.  I don't fly often but I will do that as well next time.  Once I moved out of our main office that had multiple people in it I got sick less often.  

• Love 4

"Not so much if it's in your chest".............What? Everyone's different but, unless you have asthma or other lung complication, cardio can actually help clear things out. I always run when I feel a chest cold coming on--only rule is no fever. Seems to scare it away. 

• Love 2

I just happened to see an ad on TV for one of those monthly box subscription thingies. Not sure if its the same one Janelle posted about. I found myself thinking that it would just completely annoy me- getting a box of random junk every month, and knowing myself, I would probably hate most of the items. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I just happened to see an ad on TV for one of those monthly box subscription thingies. Not sure if its the same one Janelle posted about. I found myself thinking that it would just completely annoy me- getting a box of random junk every month, and knowing myself, I would probably hate most of the items. 

The only subscription box I’ve ever been tempted to order is one that sends you junk food from other countries — at least we haven’t seen Janelle trying to sell that one!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

Not going to lie - I get the FabFitFun box. It comes once a quarter and you can customize it. I've never gotten anything I disliked. It's a nice gift to myself every few months. 

And Janelle has plenty of people to share with if she doesn’t like items. 

• Love 1

Janelle is taking random pics of her kitchen in LV because she is back having another open house for Christine's home there. Still listed at $675,000. She also says in her IG post she is the realtor on their homes (plural) but she only has Christine's listed.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 4

On the Instagram of the wonky pantry, one of the fans posted......... "May I ask...Why did you leave Vegas?  I ask because I am considering a move to Summerlin"

DING! DING! DING! Janelle!!!...you have 4 houses for sale in Summerlin, conveniently located on one cul-de-sac, so you don't even have to drive all over LV showing houses.

Needless to say, no response from Janelle, I guess she was busy stocking the pantry.

• Love 7

The only response by Janelle on that post was:

janellebrown117@momma_bear_k We moved to Flagstaff, AZ. Stay tuned to TLC for announcements about the new season. All of the story about the move, Aspyn’s wedding and so much more in the upcoming season.

In the comments, someone suggested she write a cookbook ?

• Love 7

"someone suggested she write a cookbook" 

A few years back, there was a groundswell of fans demanding that the Brown family culinary delights be shared with the hungry masses and they did post recipes on a website.  Some of the more memorable delights that I recall were Christine's Mock Ravioli and Mock Tapioca Pudding, Janelle's Peanut Butter Fritos and Meri's Soda Cracker Toffee Surprise.

This was when the Brown wimmen folk were at their lumpiest and it surprised me that so many people aspired to look just like them.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

We're on the tail end of a complete kitchen remodel.  I could not wait to get rid of those dark cabinets, especially.  

I think Janelle's kitchen looks depressing, like she doesn't want or plan to spend a lot of time there.

Here's where design preferences can vary greatly depending on the person--I like how the kitchen looks (and that's one of the first places I checked when looking at homes to buy). Can't stand bright, light kitchens and prefer a darker, more subdued atmosphere for an everyday work space. That kitchen has the right amount of dark to offset the light countertops and flooring yet still has a modern, polished look. 

The home we bought was already great but the lichen sealed the deal. Black granite countertops, blue/gray backsplash and stainless appliances? Yes, please. Only need to replace the ugly porcelain sink. 

• Love 7

"We need to empower ourselves to judge and monitor our own bodies"  So you are able to monitor your bone density?  Do you take your own blood pressure and check your blood sugar every time you drink caffeine to see how it affects you?  Dark chocolate is good for you but that's not to say you can eat a whole bag of it because you are "monitoring your own body" and nothing obvious is happening.

Yes, we all have different responses to chemicals and additives but unless there is some definitive sign to let you know how you are doing it might bode well to read some of the scientific, peer-reviewed studies (not "I am Joes's Liver" in the Readers Digest) and practice moderation. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She only has 1 active listing. I wonder what the actual plan is regarding the other 3.

That is what I was wondering. Are the three other houses sitting there empty, with the A/Cs running (along with the mortgages)? Might as well have all of them listed, so if someone doesn't like one house, they can run across the street (Kodouche-style) and look at another one. I guess that kind of realtor thinking isn't in Janelle's wheelhouse. Or it might take too much work for her. She would have to navel-gave for a while, research weird websites and blog about her anxiety over it, then not workout. Living in Flag doesn't help either.

• Love 8

About ten years ago I went crunchy for a variety of health issues. In fact, I went in a little too deep. After a year or two I came to my senses and realized all I had to do was eat the right food, cut out processed and boxed food, make my own favorite jarred/mixed stuff (I am retired, have the time to do so and have the freezer to keep it in!) and forget about all the fads and expensive weird stuff. A little bit of sugar and caffeine is OK, occasional treats are OK and enjoying a blow-out dinner with the fam is definitely OK. Life is too short to agonize about food or whether I lifted a dumbbell today. I'll walk a little farther with the dog tomorrow if I missed walking today!

• Love 12

I gained weight during menopause and have not been able to lose that much for years now no matter what diet I follow.  I have great difficulty losing weight and have to go down lower in calories than most people to lose anything.  The only thing that has really worked for me is what I call "the gallbladder diet", which consists of only those things I can eat after a gallbladder attack.  That includes, fresh fruit, vegetables (including potatoes and starchy vegetables), whole grains, including oatmeal and oat bars, bread in moderation, lean fish and poultry.  I can also have the occasional fat free treat like yogurt or frozen yogurt and fig bars.  I CAN'T have any processed, fatty meats other than the "real turkey breast" from the supermarket, any meat with fat on it, pork, beef, oils (except for a tiny amount to line a pan), butter, cheese (except for fat free), cream (fat free milk is OK), mayonnaise, or just about anything else with more than a few grams of fat per serving.  I usually stick to green tea.  I can't go over about 1200 calories a day, which isn't hard when my gallbladder acts up because my appetite goes down.  The weight comes off.  I think Janelle should go on this kind of diet.  Whatever she's doing isn't working but I think my diet would work for her even if she has a hard time losing weight.  Although it's not an easy diet, the one thing that's made it easier to stay on is that if I go off it I get a sharp pain in my side, LOL.  That'll keep anyone good!

BTW, I'm having my gallbladder removed this coming Tuesday.  I've had one attack too many, I'm done.  But at least I learned what I have to do to lose weight!  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, outtahere said:

Good luck with your surgery.  Heal quickly.

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Had mine out four years ago. Don't miss it a bit.

4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Ditto.  No more problems.  Wish I had done it sooner.

Thanks all of you!  I hear this from so many people!  The surgeon says it's not even going to require an overnight stay.  Wow!  Even my father (who had his out 16 years ago) has been encouraging me to do it.  I'm pathologically afraid of surgery even though I had it once before on my arm, but I'm trying to be a big girl about it.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Thanks all of you!  I hear this from so many people!  The surgeon says it's not even going to require an overnight stay.  Wow!  Even my father (who had his out 16 years ago) has been encouraging me to do it.  I'm pathologically afraid of surgery even though I had it once before on my arm, but I'm trying to be a big girl about it.

Mine was done on an outpatient basis, and kind of came up fast.  I had a horrible gall bladder attack (sent me to the ER) on a Thursday, was told it was GB and advised to see a surgeon.  Went home, called a doctor who had done a minor surgery on me.  They said they could see me on Monday.  I told him that I was leaving on a cruise in 10 days, and had to be in good shape.  He did the surgery on Tuesday, and by the time I left on the cruise, I had forgotten all about the surgery.  They do it laproscopically, so there isn't a big incision and lots of stitches.  I was a little careful with what I ate the first couple of weeks, but now I eat whatever I want.

Good luck . . . keep us posted!

• Love 8