Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

B2C8AF49-8CF3-4990-9ED7-022FAEFBA1FA.jpeg

5468C608-BA50-424E-B7D9-80AA9F032DF2.jpeg

I would never eat this.  Yuck!  Props to Janelle for her adventurous gut, I guess?

I was in Paris and London last month and stuck to chicken breasts and steak.  I didn't even eat the fish and chips in London!  (seafood is a non-starter for me)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Perhaps Janelle is bad at photographing food.

There is a skill to photographing food that goes way beyond a snap of the phone camera.  I had a friend that did it for a living.  He had tons of equipment!

And what is her obsession with posting food pictures anyway?  Who care?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

There is a skill to photographing food that goes way beyond a snap of the phone camera.  I had a friend that did it for a living.  He had tons of equipment!

And what is her obsession with posting food pictures anyway?  Who care?

Agree.  One of the people I watch on YouTube showed her set up for her videos and stills.  People who do this for a living have thousands of dollars in equipment.  They also invest a lot of time into their channel and social media accounts.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

deleted my smart ass comment on Janelle’s coffee. Didn’t read far enough to realise Janelle was actually on vacation. 

I still don't understand why she called the coffee "European".  It looked Americano to me.

I enjoyed some fresh fish in Portugal, but must admit that most of the meals I had there looked similar - various shades of beige, grey & brown. And in the old parts of cities the restaurants & bars didn't have bathrooms. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

My mother went to Portugal and sent me lots of pictures and I have to agree most the food pictures she sent looked not all that appetizing just like @deirdra said.   What I learned is the sardines served  during the spring are most likely from frozen.  June thru Oct have HUGE fresh sardines which is when my mom went.  My mom tries everything while traveling but did not like the codfish cakes at all.  :).   

i am wondering just how much Janelle ate tho. She usually posts half eaten food.  There also seems to be other food just out of the picture. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

I went to Mexico and ordered fish, came with the head on, used my napkin to cover it. Sardines certainly would not be my pick for anything. Is her sister a polygamous? Lisbon is a nice city, but there is so many beautiful other spots to see like Madeira or The Algarve region. 

• Love 4

Just read the article on the Emerald Level with Plexus (very helpful!) and I think I am finally getting it: We often talk about why people buy in this crap and how they find such ridiculous numbers to fill their downline so here's my theory:

I don't think we should underestimate the power of their social media network. The huge A-listers have stellar numbers that literally go into the hundreds of millions of followers (Christiano Ronaldo tops it with 415 million) That means that a very minor D-lister like our dear Sister Wives could still easily reach tens of thousands. (Which is not much compared to the top, but a lot more than most of us could dream of) When you start counting in percentages, 300-400 idiots from said network really isn't that much.

Add to that that those idiots are quite possibly lured in because they crave the attention from their idols. They'd do anything to interact, even if that means buying and shilling their shit. At least you can brag about "working" for them and about regularly interacting with them. True fans will do anything for that.

Lastly, there's the magical power of such fantastic drinks like Plexus. Imagine a "nice" pink drink that makes your problems instantly disappear... Losing all those pounds , fixing the blotched skin, no more tummy aches etc. So much easier than hitting the gym, eating healthy food or live healthier in general. If only fairtales were true.....

• Love 8

Well Lulurot better step it up a notch, they only get Disneyland and a Royal Caribbean cruise to their top sellers comped. Let me know when Hulu releases their expose on this junk. I read they had the FDA on their case several years ago with their bogus claims.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Losing all those pounds , fixing the blotched skin, no more tummy aches etc. So much easier than hitting the gym, eating healthy food or live healthier in general. If only fairtales were true.....

What I don't get is that people continue to buy this swill even when none of the above comes true?  I gues you can't cure stupid.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Add to that that those idiots are quite possibly lured in because they crave the attention from their idols. They'd do anything to interact, even if that means buying and shilling their shit. 

I think this is their biggest selling point, the opportunity to interact one-on-one with Janelle and Christine. They were smart to start those semi-private groups for Plexus drinkers to play games and interact. Some people crave that interaction and are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money to get it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Normally, everything is blamed on trips she takes, eating too much, not getting to exercise……..

Aaannnd the jetlag. Don't forget the Jetlag. Janelle and Maddie still whine and complain about the daylight saving time, how in the world will Janelle handle 9 hrs of time difference? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Folks, I'm genuinely gobsmacked at this.  😕  Times are hard, and the world's facing an upcoming food shortage like we've not recently seen and yet there are morons still buying this?  We're facing 1980s inflation and they're buying this garbage!

Janelle's a top seller but look at her! Not fat-shaming but really, has she lost AN OUNCE since she began selling this junk?  Not what I'd call a sterling endorsement for their products.  She does however, have beautiful skin but Janelle always had great skin and so I don't think Plexus had anything to do with that. 🙄

Do they REALLY, as D-LIST celebs, have this kind of pull?  People are dumber than I give them credit, then.  I need to get in on this, and stop truckin, putting up with the fools on the road.   Forget 401K, real estate, and stocks, sell a crappy pink drink, instead.  Go on Disney vacation, overseas trips, and not have to put up with coworkers getting up in my grill.  🤫

Rant over.

This. The only time Janelle has successfully dropped weight is when she had a trainer pushing her. On her own, she has been unsuccessful. 

And yeah, people are dumb. Even though Janelle doesn’t appear to have lost weight, idiotic dolts are buying this shit. That’s like taking piano lessons from someone who can’t even identify where “C” is on the keyboard. Buying a diet/wellness drink from someone it doesn’t seem to have worked on is mind-blowingly moronic. 

Ok guys, who wants to bet that after her trip Janelle will be talking about getting her gut back to normal or getting back into a “routine”? Ironically, it looks like she’s eating more real food on her vacation than she does at home! 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Some people crave that interaction and are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money to get it. 

A sad commentary on our current society.  No independent thought, no critcal thinking, no attempt at research.  Just follow the advice of some nobody who has been desperate enough to welcome cameras into their home to record each embarrassing moment.  I weep for future generations.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

A sad commentary on our current society.  No independent thought, no critcal thinking, no attempt at research.  Just follow the advice of some nobody who has been desperate enough to welcome cameras into their home to record each embarrassing moment.  I weep for future generations.

The historian in me does also. Social media — despite some of its benefits — has made the stupidity of people much, much worse. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

The historian in me does also. Social media — despite some of its benefits — has made the stupidity of people much, much worse. 

I totally agree.  People don't even bother to do any research, they just believe every bit of "news" posted on social media.  It's sickening.

I'm kind of glad I don't have too many more years to watch the US slide into a morass of stupidity.  Whilst drinking quarts of Plexus Poison.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Absolom said:

Perhaps Janelle is bad at photographing food.  That looks as bad as what she normally prepares and posts.  

Am I the only one who checked to see if the plate was chipped? 

• LOL 14
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

Aaannnd the jetlag. Don't forget the Jetlag. Janelle and Maddie still whine and complain about the daylight saving time, how in the world will Janelle handle 9 hrs of time difference? 

I picture Janelle laying half on/half off her pleather chair, a partially empty Plexus cylinder clutched in her hand with most of the pink poison spreading slowly across her lap as she snores and belches sardine fumes strong enough to make the dogs run away.

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I picture Janelle laying half on/half off her pleather chair, a partially empty Plexus cylinder clutched in her hand with most of the pink poison spreading slowly across her lap as she snores and belches sardine fumes strong enough to make the dogs run away.

And farts from the cruciferous canned cabbage!  🤮

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This. The only time Janelle has successfully dropped weight is when she had a trainer pushing her. On her own, she has been unsuccessful. 

And yeah, people are dumb. Even though Janelle doesn’t appear to have lost weight, idiotic dolts are buying this shit. That’s like taking piano lessons from someone who can’t even identify where “C” is on the keyboard. Buying a diet/wellness drink from someone it doesn’t seem to have worked on is mind-blowingly moronic. 

Ok guys, who wants to bet that after her trip Janelle will be talking about getting her gut back to normal or getting back into a “routine”? Ironically, it looks like she’s eating more real food on her vacation than she does at home! 

This! 
It’s shocking to see people blindly following these people when they continue to complain about the same old shit!

Janelle will probably go on about her gut, brain fog etc when she returns home and how she needs to swill gallons of plexus to get herself back on track and meanwhile Maddie is whining about daylight savings time and how she’s a wreck that can’t sleep and has no energy…. I thought plexus was supposed to cure all these problems.

Janelle looks as fat as ever and Maddie often looks bug eyed, stressed out and her hair usually looks like straw not a great advertisement for the pink poison.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

And farts from the cruciferous canned cabbage!  🤮

😂😂😂 too funny!

Janelle always looks bloated and flushed like she has high blood pressure… I’m surprised she’s not diabetic

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂😂😂 too funny!

Janelle always looks bloated and flushed like she has high blood pressure… I’m surprised she’s not diabetic

It wouldn't surprise me if she is diabetic. With their aversion to going to the dr I suspect she hasn't been tested.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if she is diabetic. With their aversion to going to the dr I suspect she hasn't been tested.

I was thinking the same thing, she could very well be diabetic or pre-diabetic and not even know because she blames all her problems... brain fog, fatigue, bad gut, sugar cravings, no energy etc. on digestive issues.

She didn't even know she had a tumor the size of a chicken mcNugget on her lip until she read about it online!

I think they avoid doctors like the plague because they have no health insurance.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I totally agree.  People don't even bother to do any research, they just believe every bit of "news" posted on social media.  It's sickening.

I'm kind of glad I don't have too many more years to watch the US slide into a morass of stupidity.  Whilst drinking quarts of Plexus Poison.

I will now get spam ads from plexus because I bit the bullet and googled "plexus" just to see what the masses might see. The first ten hits from google are all websites created by Plexus of course. There is one outlier from "health line" that says "does it work?" but you have to scroll all the way down down down to read the answer which is --"maybe." And of course all the plexus ads and websites feature the wonderful before and after images with all the splashy headlines. It's non- information overload and purely meant to motivate the reader through heuristics. But alas it works. So if they happen to see it with Janelle - they might "google" - and then go back and click on Janelle's link to purchase. In their minds, that's probably "research." It's baffling for sure. But I can see why people fall for it - easily in fact.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I will now get spam ads from plexus because I bit the bullet and googled "plexus" just to see what the masses might see. The first ten hits from google are all websites created by Plexus of course. There is one outlier from "health line" that says "does it work?" but you have to scroll all the way down down down to read the answer which is --"maybe." And of course all the plexus ads and websites feature the wonderful before and after images with all the splashy headlines. It's non- information overload and purely meant to motivate the reader through heuristics. But alas it works. So if they happen to see it with Janelle - they might "google" - and then go back and click on Janelle's link to purchase. In their minds, that's probably "research." It's baffling for sure. But I can see why people fall for it - easily in fact.

Thanks for taking the hit for the rest of us! It is scary how people can fall for this  carp  so easily...

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I was thinking the same thing, she could very well be diabetic or pre-diabetic and not even know because she blames all her problems... brain fog, fatigue, bad gut, sugar cravings, no energy etc. on digestive issues.

She didn't even know she had a tumor the size of a chicken mcNugget on her lip until she read about it online!

I think they avoid doctors like the plague because they have no health insurance.

I'm sure when she had that removed they tested her for that.  

13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This! 
It’s shocking to see people blindly following these people when they continue to complain about the same old shit!

Janelle will probably go on about her gut, brain fog etc when she returns home and how she needs to swill gallons of plexus to get herself back on track and meanwhile Maddie is whining about daylight savings time and how she’s a wreck that can’t sleep and has no energy…. I thought plexus was supposed to cure all these problems.

Janelle looks as fat as ever and Maddie often looks bug eyed, stressed out and her hair usually looks like straw not a great advertisement for the pink poison.

This! These ignoramuses seem to forget their magic potion is “supposed” to fix all this. Terrible sales tactics (and we just had the discussion on stupid people buying stuff that doesn’t work). What works is whole foods, mostly plants, drink water, exercise. 

Tip for Maddie — Maddie could use some Olaplex treatments for her hair. It really is miraculous at rebuilding the bonds within the hair shaft. It’s great for people going through multiple lightening processes.

And I hate the seasonal time change too! We need to stop this madness. Nowadays, it makes zero sense. Technically, the days aren’t any longer — one could easily change their schedule to achieve the same result instead of forcing everyone (except Arizona) to comply. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Elodia said:

Are those supposed to be before and after pics? And if so: Which is which? 

IMG-20220428-WA0000.jpg

They used a picture with someone cut out of it. 🤦‍♀️ Allowing for the fact that she’s wearing two different tops, and the fact that the second one isn’t a full shot, this is a marketing fail.

She used to say there is no magic pill, now apparently there’s a magic powder. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8

She is probably not gaining weight because she's walking more on the Portugal tour than the distance between the recliner and the fridge at home.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t want to fat shame… but homegirl hasn’t lost any weight whatsoever. J is still morbidly obese in my opinion.

It's less fat shaming than calling her out on her scams.  Fitness coach, lifestyle coach, Poison Potion Queen - all total fails despite her blathering on how wonderful they all are and charging money for them.  She's a fakety fake faker and deserves all the snark she gets.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Cetacean said:

It's less fat shaming than calling her out on her scams.  Fitness coach, lifestyle coach, Poison Potion Queen - all total fails despite her blathering on how wonderful they all are and charging money for them.  She's a fakety fake faker and deserves all the snark she gets.

This. I’d pick on her a lot less if she’d stop pretending she knows *anything* about wellness (besides what she googles). If she wasn’t a “celebrity”, she’d be a complete failure (how it should be when one cannot demonstrate success). 

• Love 10

Janelle says that no one wants to gain weight on vacation...I suppose so, but if I am somewhere I've never been eating food I've never had, I don't care if I gain some weight.  Janelle's problem is that she gains weight, her digestion goes haywire, her body can't handle the time changes, and her "routine" goes out of whack and she tries to fix it with a quart of pink liquid and then tells us how Plexus just solved all her problems.

I think it's far more likely that she feels like crap, she eats crap because that's how she feels, it compounds her digestive issues, and she comfort eats because she feels so bad, lather rinse repeat - but yet, Plexus cures all of this...so based on her own words, she shouldn't ever be in that awful situation in the first place, right? 

• Love 16

I have a friend who sells Isagenix and she posts about 10 times a day how it saved her marriage and how her life is so fantastic. I tried it and it made me constantly nauseated. These companies insist you constantly post and tell people every part of your life is improved by taking a bunch of chemicals. Janelle looks happy though so I give her that but I hate these companies that fool people into spending a fortune on useless and possible dangerous supplements.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I think it's far more likely that she feels like crap, she eats crap because that's how she feels, it compounds her digestive issues, and she comfort eats because she feels so bad, lather rinse repea

Agree.  I've had digestive issues for years.  I know it's the garbage we like to call food, that I am eating.  I watch a lady on YouTube who is vegan.  But she has had digestive issues for years.  I think her doctor told her to try the low FODMAP diet to see if it would help her problems any.  She said that she has been doing it over a month now and feels better than she has in years.  My doctor told me years ago to try it, but it was so restrictive that I didn't stick with it.  I think maybe I need to try and give it a chance again.  It basically removes things that can cause gastro discomfort.  Mainly you are eating real foods.  I know I would probably feel 100% better than I have in years.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 4/28/2022 at 10:00 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I'm sure when she had that removed they tested her for that.  

Why? Testing your glucose levels is a pretty simple, but specific test. Removing a “whatever it was”- growth is no reason to test for diabetes.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I've had digestive issues for years.  I know it's the garbage we like to call food, that I am eating.  I watch a lady on YouTube who is vegan.  But she has had digestive issues for years.  I think her doctor told her to try the low FODMAP diet to see if it would help her problems any.  She said that she has been doing it over a month now and feels better than she has in years.  My doctor told me years ago to try it, but it was so restrictive that I didn't stick with it.  I think maybe I need to try and give it a chance again.  It basically removes things that can cause gastro discomfort.  Mainly you are eating real foods.  I know I would probably feel 100% better than I have in years.

That is a decision.  Mr lookeyloo suffered from debilitating migraines years ago.  No drugs/therapies/treatments helped him and he ended up in the ER more than once.  He found a doctor who told him she believed his issues were related to food and that he had to go on a very restrictive diet at first and then add things back slowly.  It was very hard for both of us, but, we did it.  He ended up having an "intolerance" to mostly everything he loved, but, he said it was not worth eating them to feel that bad all the time.  FF another long time, and somehow his system has sort of recovered to where we don't have to read every label, cook mostly at home, and be careful in a restaurant.  But, that is not something everyone is willing to do.  I'm going bet my last nickel that Janelle wouldn't.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13