Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

"I must have missed the memo" that it's Spring.  And I don't get the "only been 6 months" thing.  What's that supposed to mean?  She is still in the same McMansion, isn't she?

Maybe since the last time she organised the drawer?

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, Gothish520 said:

Good news - it's actually a myth that you should not end a sentence in a preposition. I was thrilled when I learned this, as it always seemed so natural, and finding ways to not do it made sentences sound so stilted!

So....Where are you going at? (is proper?)

24 minutes ago, Higgins said:

So....Where are you going at? (is proper?)

"Where are you going?" is a complete sentence.The "at" is unnecessary.

An example of ending a sentence with a preposition: "Whose house are you going to?" vs "To whose house are you going?" 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Higgins said:

I don't like it. Just say, Where are you going? 

I hear you. But for sentences that require a preposition, it is not necessary to perform linguistic gymnastics to make sure that it isn't at the end. See example above - it's perfectly acceptable to say "Whose house are you going to?" as opposed to "To whose house are you going?" The former sounds more natural; the latter is formal - I don't know anyone who speaks that way IRL.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I hear you. But for sentences that require a preposition, it is not necessary to perform linguistic gymnastics to make sure that it isn't at the end. See example above - it's perfectly acceptable to say "Whose house are you going to?" as opposed to "To whose house are you going?" The former sounds more natural; the latter is formal - I don't know anyone who speaks that way IRL.

Enough.  This is something up with which I will not put!!!!

(Channeling Winston Churchill, with tongue firmly implanted in cheek.)

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

"We shall nevaaah surrender"

Just saw "Darkest Hour" last week.  Who could have guessed that the same actor who played Sirius Black in the Harry Potter movies would be able to play Winston Churchill.  In this movie, he WAS Churchill.

OK . . . back on topic!!!

• Love 7

I rather liked "up with this bullshit, I vill not put!" from the movie She-Devil.

I'm guessing that Janelle thought of her sister-wife in those terms, once upon a time.  Why they think their precious Doofus is worth it, is way beyond me.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why they think their precious Doofus is worth it, is way beyond me.

I really don't get this at all.   Their theory belief is that they will be called to his planet in the afterlife.   But why would you want to be on the asshole's planet with the sister wives  you cannot stand now while you are here on earth??

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I really don't get this at all.   Their theory belief is that they will be called to his planet in the afterlife.   But why would you want to be on the asshole's planet with the sister wives  you cannot stand now while you are here on earth??

Makes zero sense to me.  Eternity with people who hate one another?  Not my idea of heaven, no thanks.

• Love 5
On 1/29/2018 at 7:03 AM, tabloidlover said:

They didn't hate each other when they signed up, lol. They were happy and in love and optimistic when they got married and the idea of eternity together on a planet wasn't so bad. They probably thought they would be able to work out whatever kinks they had in their relationships, but turns out it just got worse. 

Now they can't stand each other, but the wives (at least Meri, Janelle, and Christine) probably see themselves as too old to re-enter the marriage market in search of a new spiritual headship (or whatever the hell they consider Kody) so they are basically stuck together if they want to make it through that blasted veil (and not spend eternity sipping decaf in some celestial coffee shop). There's also the pull of this huge group of kids they raised together that will end up on somebody's planet someplace ... maybe Kody's planet or their own planets ...

... that's the part that doesn't make any sense to me (well actually one of several parts that doesn't make sense to me). Which kid goes to which planet? Sons should theoretically take three wives and  have their own planets and then the daughters would be married to men who have three wives and they'd be off on their own planets.  I don't see how everybody is supposed to be together on one planet like they say will happen.

Maybe it will be like on the show and I'll have a cul-de-sac with a bunch of adjoining planets or something.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't see how everybody is supposed to be together on one planet like they say will happen

Nobody can explain it - ask any Mormon and they hem and haw.  Then throw in divorces, widows who remarry, widowers who remarry, LGBT family members, stillborn babies, unmarried children, etc. and they just melt down.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Nobody can explain it - ask any Mormon and they hem and haw.  Then throw in divorces, widows who remarry, widowers who remarry, LGBT family members, stillborn babies, unmarried children, etc. and they just melt down.

Where are these planets? In another dimension? What if they get plunked down on an inhabitable planet, or a planet already occupied? Are they magically prepped for human occupation? 

6 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

They didn't hate each other when they signed up, lol. They were happy and in love and optimistic when they got married and the idea of eternity together on a planet wasn't so bad. They probably thought they would be able to work out whatever kinks they had in their relationships, but turns out it just got worse. 

Now they can't stand each other, but the wives (at least Meri, Janelle, and Christine) probably see themselves as too old to re-enter the marriage market in search of a new spiritual headship (or whatever the hell they consider Kody) so they are basically stuck together if they want to make it through that blasted veil (and not spend eternity sipping decaf in some celestial coffee shop). There's also the pull of this huge group of kids they raised together that will end up on somebody's planet someplace ... maybe Kody's planet or their own planets ...

... that's the part that doesn't make any sense to me (well actually one of several parts that doesn't make sense to me). Which kid goes to which planet? Sons should theoretically take three wives and  have their own planets and then the daughters would be married to men who have three wives and they'd be off on their own planets.  I don't see how everybody is supposed to be together on one planet like they say will happen.

Maybe it will be like on the show and I'll have a cul-de-sac with a bunch of adjoining planets or something.

Well, they can all live on different ends of their planet:). 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Where are these planets? In another dimension? What if they get plunked down on an inhabitable planet, or a planet already occupied? Are they magically prepped for human occupation? 

Not trying to make your head explode or anything but ... you are on someone's planet. A man became exalted (became a god) and was given a planet and here we all are. Voila! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, suomi said:

A man became exalted (became a god) and was given a planet and here we all are. Voila! 

Good thing I'm not one of them because no way in hell I'm going to any planet where some asshole like Kadoofus is a "god".  Not happening.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Good thing I'm not one of them because no way in hell I'm going to any planet where some asshole like Kadoofus is a "god".  Not happening.

I wouldn't want to be a god. I would be a tyrant or a benevolent dictator by turns. It would be hell for my minions.

• Love 9
On 2/1/2018 at 11:10 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I really don't want to be disrespectful of the Mormon Temple in case anyone here is LDS.  When we used to watch Big Love and they showed inside the temple (with Barb in her white temple clothes with her mom (?) bless his heart, Mr. Natalie said soooo the afterlife looks like a Hampton Inn waiting room?

18 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

^^^As long as there are lots of kitchens! 

Except Robyn is too pretty to cook!

• Love 5

@Natalie68, I remember Doofus saying that about dear Robyn.  Wasn't it when they were moving into the McMansions?  No wonder poor Christine was beside herself with jealousy.  

I have never gotten a jealousy vibe from Janelle, but can Meri's bitchiness be the only reason she's gained major poundage?  Was it because she had to work to support Meri's out-of-town trips with Doofus?  I would bet that any of Meri's LulaNo $ does NOT go into the "family" money pot.  

There is no man on earth I would have wanted so badly, that I would devalue my own self-worth, and agreed to him boinking another woman, or women.  FTS.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She probably lies about how much she makes, donates a small percentage so that she appears to be contributing, and then keeps the rest for herself.

17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Natalie68

I would bet that any of Meri's LulaNo $ does NOT go into the "family" money pot. 

I would bet money out of MY family pot that the only money divided among them is the TLC money.  Their own "business" ventures are their own things and that is their money.  When Meri was whining to Kody about Mariah going to the way more expensive Westminster uni Kody told her that she would have to come up with the money herself.  I'm sure that is why Christine always is on the low end of the money stick because she doesn't do anything that either brings in cash for her household OR provides her with tax write offs (which...in my opinion is all Janelle's Strive venture is meant to do).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those plygs lead way too complicated lives.  HOW can this lifestyle make them "better?"  Bitter is the truth.  

It doesn't. I gave SSW a try and there's nothing but tension, jealousy and tending to spot fires. There is nothing appealing about it, unless a woman is there solely to bear children and doesn't have emotions. 

• Love 6

If they watched their own show, they must put the recognizing reality feelings in the wayback of their minds, because they all look so miserable and that misery comes across to the rest of us.  Well the ones of us that post here.  Not the "Fans" who by the LLR stuff, etc.

• Love 5
On 2/2/2018 at 8:20 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I would bet that any of Meri's LulaNo $ does NOT go into the "family" money pot.  

*There is no man on earth I would have wanted so badly, that I would devalue my own self-worth, and agreed to him boinking another woman, or women.  FTS.*

I was wondering about the LulaNo money too. From the way they were talking at Meri's house, it sounds like the family has no idea how she's doing moneywise - if she was putting it into the family coffers, then at least Kody or Janelle (does she keep the family books?) would know.

*A big ol' HELL YES to this!

And props to whoever came up with LulaNo - so simple, yet so accurate!

• Love 2

janellebrown117Group exercise classes. It took me forever to be brave enough to go to one. I seriously think they are so empowering. I work out harder than I ever would on my own and you begin to develop a little community with your classmates. I did find that every gym/every class has its own culture. Some proved to not be a fit for me and then some were perfect. Don’t waste your time with those that aren’t welcoming - find your tribe! #strivewithjanelle

• Love 3

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I'm glad she's figuring this stuff out and, assuming she is actually going, I'm glad she's doing it. This makes me want to clap for her. Honestly and sincerely. On the other hand, I [still] feel like she should have made her "fitness journey" on her own, document it as she's going, and then start charging for her assistance after she's done it and can prove that she's got a model worth replicating.

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

janellebrown117Group exercise classes. It took me forever to be brave enough to go to one. I seriously think they are so empowering. I work out harder than I ever would on my own and you begin to develop a little community with your classmates. I did find that every gym/every class has its own culture. Some proved to not be a fit for me and then some were perfect. Don’t waste your time with those that aren’t welcoming - find your tribe! #strivewithjanelle

Seriously Janelle.  Pull the covers over your head and stay in bed all day.  Or is that too scary? 

We get it.  Life is just one big frightening experience after another.  But wait.  Aren't you a life style coach or something like that?  Or was that too scary?  Maybe if you weren't on TeeVee, people wouldn't know you from Adam and as it is, I doubt anyone gives two shits who you are.  A group exercise class is not a life changing event for most people. 

Gahhh,  grow up and stop being such a baby.  If you can't do that, then stop whining on social media.

• Love 8
On 1/28/2018 at 2:41 PM, AZChristian said:

Just saw "Darkest Hour" last week.  Who could have guessed that the same actor who played Sirius Black in the Harry Potter movies would be able to play Winston Churchill.  In this movie, he WAS Churchill.

OK . . . back on topic!!!

And Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols in Sid & Nancy! Talk about career bookends! 

On 2/2/2018 at 2:31 AM, suomi said:

Not trying to make your head explode or anything but ... you are on someone's planet. A man became exalted (became a god) and was given a planet and here we all are. Voila! 

One of the lesser known LDS (of the plyg variety, I suppose) tenets is that Jesus/God was indeed such an exalted man, and here we are on his planet. According to Smith, "God the Father himself once passed through mortality as Jesus did, but how, when, or where that took place is unclear. The prevailing view among Mormons is that God once lived on a planet with his own higher god." Earth is considered one of many inhabited worlds with one of many gods. 

That said, can you imagine a world organized according to the "Kody Brown" method? YIKES

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

And Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols in Sid & Nancy! Talk about career bookends! 

One of the lesser known LDS (of the plyg variety, I suppose) tenets is that Jesus/God was indeed such an exalted man, and here we are on his planet. According to Smith, "God the Father himself once passed through mortality as Jesus did, but how, when, or where that took place is unclear. The prevailing view among Mormons is that God once lived on a planet with his own higher god." Earth is considered one of many inhabited worlds with one of many gods. 

That said, can you imagine a world organized according to the "Kody Brown" method? YIKES

But wouldn't he have to CREATE life for the planet?  Maybe the most he could muster up would be a race of slugs.  He really does seem a bit lazy.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But wouldn't he have to CREATE life for the planet?  Maybe the most he could muster up would be a race of slugs.  He really does seem a bit lazy.

I had a horrible thought.  An entire world with his horrific hair.  Shudders.  Runs for the wet bar.

• Love 5
On 2/6/2018 at 11:38 AM, MrSmith said:

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I'm glad she's figuring this stuff out and, assuming she is actually going, I'm glad she's doing it. This makes me want to clap for her. Honestly and sincerely. On the other hand, I [still] feel like she should have made her "fitness journey" on her own, document it as she's going, and then start charging for her assistance after she's done it and can prove that she's got a model worth replicating.

This is my issue with her. I wouldn't be laughing at her if she'd just done what you suggested--shared her journey, for free, with others on a similar journey towards fitness. But when I first learned she was going to open a "business" and start CHARGING? SMH. That's laughable. You don't open a business to cut and style hair your first week in cosmetology school. You don't take students and charge them for piano lessons in your first week of piano lessons. You don't open a restaurant your first week in culinary school. So what the hell was she thinking when she did this? 

First, Janelle has nothing to sell us as she hasn't succeeded yet. Second, she's got zero confidence. This wouldn't be an issue but she's trying to sell herself to others for what? She's afraid of everything! I know chickens less scared of things than she is! I swear if she wasn't a Brown, her business endeavor would never have happened. She'd have been shown the door. Idiot. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Maybe she found our comments................

Somehow I think they concentrate on reading their ass-kissing fan comments on Twatter or Facebook.  Especially since they cannot block anything here.  That would make their heads explode.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Somehow I think they concentrate on reading their ass-kissing fan comments on Twatter or Facebook.  Especially since they cannot block anything here.  That would make their heads explode.

I always wonder if any of the Browns read the comments on here.  I'd be curious, if I were them.  Maybe the kids do.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You know, I have to say that she is not wrong in her blog post. Whether that came from her or she is restating someone else's thoughts, I agree completely about trying to learn to be in the here and now. I'm not much for mediation (or prayer) but if it works for Janelle and is helping her to live more in the moment and appreciate time spent with family, then good for her.

• Love 6