Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Christina said:

She's probably not a Brown, just younger and obviously not a homeowner. 

Yeah, but it's more interesting to assume she's part of the family.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Christina said:

Mykelti would know there were mortgages because her husband was telling her how they could take out a line of credit on the homes to fund their wedding. I think that poster just didn't know what a Deed of Trust was and though the Deed itself would say the name of the mortgage company which is why the "many people" who were looking on Clark County's website couldn't find anything and thought the website wouldn't list such a thing. 

She's probably not a Brown, just younger and obviously not a homeowner. 

I think the "many people" the poster is referring to was only one person, which is, of course, her/himself. As a rule of thumb, generalizing and pontificating is not a good idea.

You don't need mortgage to get a home equity line of credit.  So Tony wouldn't necessarily know if they have a mortgage or not.  Just sayin'.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 4

The white car, i believe, is Kody's old Acura which if memory serves was gifted to Logan.  It's probably around 15 years old now.

That LIVMobile probably wasn't "free" - it was "free" the same way Mary Kay Cadillacs are "free".  It was based on how many people the Browns signed up under their downline and was a lease paid by LIV, as long as the Browns kept their sales numbers.  Since the car is now over 5 years old, I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that Kody purchased the car at the end of the lease period.  And that they are no longer involved with LIV to any great extent.

• Love 6

"You don't need mortgage to get a home equity line of credit.  So Tony wouldn't necessarily know if they have a mortgage or not.  Just sayin'."

Yup. I doubt any of them have any equity. In my experience you can get a loan on 80% of the equity. 80% of nothing is still nothing. 2nd grade math.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Kody and Ko. may make act all humble about their religion, but all plygs feel they are special snowflakes because of their religion. They are very.special.people who should be allowed to life their life the way they want, Bleed the Beast in order to live their life, abuse their people in the name of their religion, seek glory in media for how they live their life (saw that in the town I lived in) and the rest of the world be damned. We have seen several versions of plyg sects on TV in the past few years- Centennial Park, FLDS, Kingston Clan, AUB and two Independents (Browns and Williams) Each has a slightly different way of going about the religion and varying degrees of bleeding beast/abuse/famewhoring but the end result is the same.

This bleed the beast thing really rankles me. It's not enough to get taxpayers to pay for you, you gotta insult them while they're doing it?

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I hope Michelle starts a blog, one that pays. No mumbo jumbo, presentation, and the inclusion of the recipe. Imagine the concept?

https://mobile.twitter.com/_michellecp/status/852708129254948864?p=v

Yeah, she is who Janelle should have had making the official meals for the challenge. Looks tasty, well-balanced, low fat, relatively low calorie, and not like you'd spend hours slaving away making it.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I hope Michelle starts a blog, one that pays. No mumbo jumbo, presentation, and the inclusion of the recipe. Imagine the concept?

https://mobile.twitter.com/_michellecp/status/852708129254948864?p=v

Is that supposed to be a diet meal?  That is a very high calorie plate of food.  A full days worth of carbs if doing low carb, too.   This may be just showing home cooked meals, I don't know the deal on this. 

@wings707 Oh, well, failure on my part to properly evaluate what was on the plate. DOH!

ETA: OK. I took a closer look. There doesn't seem to be that many carbs on the plate, really. There are sauteed vegetables, cottage cheese, avocado slices, tomatoes, beans, a little rice, the salmon, and the lime slices. There's a lot of protein on the plate (I eat cottage cheese for breakfast every day), and that'll slow the digestion of the carbohydrates, lessening their impact on blood sugar and the insulin response. Avocado has omega-3 fatty acids and is good for you.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

@wings707 Oh, well, failure on my part to properly evaluate what was on the plate. DOH!

ETA: OK. I took a closer look. There doesn't seem to be that many carbs on the plate, really. There are sauteed vegetables, cottage cheese, avocado slices, tomatoes, beans, a little rice, the salmon, and the lime slices. There's a lot of protein on the plate (I eat cottage cheese for breakfast every day), and that'll slow the digestion of the carbohydrates, lessening their impact on blood sugar and the insulin response. Avocado has omega-3 fatty acids and is good for you.

Sure, avocado is good for you but the calories it contains must be counted when dieting. You can gain weight on healthy food! 

In that plate there are about 381 calories in avocado, cottage cheese, rice and beans alone. And 32 carbs. That would be a good meal right there even though rice has zero nutrition. 

Add 236 for 4oz salmon not counting the oil in marinade to lime butter sauce.  Toss in 100 (conservative) for that and the meal is about  661 calories.  That leaves about 340 calories for the rest of the day.  It can be done but most prefer calories spread more evenly throughout the day. 

Sorry, the topic of nutrition, health and all that comes with that is a passion of mine!   LOL!

• Love 3

That critique, of course, applies to Janelle if she were seriously dieting.  For Michelle and Logan who obviously move a ton more than Janelle, it's a perfectly fine meal. 

It wouldn't be allowed as is on my diet plan, but then that isn't what Michelle is aiming to serve.  It's a vast improvement over Janelle's stir fry in multiple, multiple ways. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That critique, of course, applies to Janelle if she were seriously dieting.  For Michelle and Logan who obviously move a ton more than Janelle, it's a perfectly fine meal. 

It wouldn't be allowed as is on my diet plan, but then that isn't what Micelle is aiming to serve.  It's a vast improvement over Janelle's stir fry in multiple, multiple ways. 

Ok, got it. That is Logan's wife showing a good nutritious meal. They are both young and slender.  It looks delicious.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Is that supposed to be a diet meal?  That is a very high calorie plate of food.  A full days worth of carbs if doing low carb, too.   This may be just showing home cooked meals, I don't know the deal on this. 

That's the kind of plate I would've had while training for a race. Maybe they're very active and need some carbs-I know I did when I was young. But for someone who doesn't move and on a low carb/calorie plan, probably not the best option. 

22 hours ago, Christina said:

Yes it is on the website. I don't know where those many people are looking, but in every county of every State this is public record and is publically available. 

Start here. When you get to the result for the person you are wanting, you have to click the blue items to open the documents. I cannot link directly to one because of the way the search works, it won't take you to my finding. Liens are on a different search than the ownership records, which may be why those many people can't find them, but they are recorded. All liens on property have to be published and recorded to be valid. All four homes have mortgages. 

I have been all over the Clark County website & there is a section for liens, but all it shows is their 'garbage situation'. I live in a large city that encompasses 6 counties and I've looked at many county tax appraiser websites & I've never seen mortgage information on any of them. But you were right about the LIV car. I got the color confused with the sports car Kody had when the show started.  Believe me, I want to see that mortgage info as much as anybody. If someone has it, please post it.  072114+1.PNG

8 hours ago, cinles said:

I have been all over the Clark County website & there is a section for liens, but all it shows is their 'garbage situation'. I live in a large city that encompasses 6 counties and I've looked at many county tax appraiser websites & I've never seen mortgage information on any of them. But you were right about the LIV car. I got the color confused with the sports car Kody had when the show started.  Believe me, I want to see that mortgage info as much as anybody. If someone has it, please post it.072114+1.PNG

I'm only doing this once.  Although it did give me a good laugh as I did not know that Meri also had a lien for her trash/recycle pickup.  Oh, but they're rolling in the dough!

Edited to add:  RMS is a mortgage company in Clark County.  You can google it and find their website. 

Sister Wives.jpg

Edited by JenMcSnark
Added RMS info
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, jellywager said:

Am I the only one confused as to why the cottage cheese is on the plate?

Also, besides the Lexis....remember Kody also had a motorcycle?

No, I don't understand about the cottage cheese. Odd. 

14 hours ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm only doing this once.  Although it did give me a good laugh as I did not know that Meri also had a lien for her trash/recycle pickup.  Oh, but they're rolling in the dough!

Edited to add:  RMS is a mortgage company in Clark County.  You can google it and find their website. 

Sister Wives.jpg

You don't know how much it excites me to see that mortgage company. Now someone please post the financials. Is RMS listed as the second party on all the houses?  I want to see what their house payments are soooo bad.  

48 minutes ago, cinles said:

You don't know how much it excites me to see that mortgage company. Now someone please post the financials. Is RMS listed as the second party on all the houses?  I want to see what their house payments are soooo bad.  

Specific financial records are probably NOT available online.  And interest rates (and payments) can change if they have adjustable rate mortgages.  There has been a lot of speculation as to whether they might have had "interest-only" payments for the first several years.  In that case, if they have to start paying on principal AND interest and TLC cancels the show, they are unlikely to be able to keep the houses.  None of them appears to have a real job.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Specific financial records are probably NOT available online.  And interest rates (and payments) can change if they have adjustable rate mortgages.  There has been a lot of speculation as to whether they might have had "interest-only" payments for the first several years.  In that case, if they have to start paying on principal AND interest and TLC cancels the show, they are unlikely to be able to keep the houses.  None of them appears to have a real job.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to unload Meri and Janelle's houses already.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I'm surprised they haven't tried to unload Meri and Janelle's houses already.

It's not like they could have moved them both into one house, given that they won't even travel in the same car.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CofCinci said:

The cottage cheese is a filler. She doesn't have much food on her plate to satisfy her hunger. So; many supplement their meals with cottage cheese because it will fill your stomach. 

Cottage cheese makes a great breakfast. This is what I eat every morning during the week. Protein to get the metabolism started and it keeps me full for a while. And lower in sugar than yogurt.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Cottage cheese makes a great breakfast. This is what I eat every morning during the week. Protein to get the metabolism started and it keeps me full for a while. And lower in sugar than yogurt.

Agreed. Good protein source. I love cottage cheese and fresh tomatoes for breakfast or lunch. Or anytime ;). 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Agreed. Good protein source. I love cottage cheese and fresh tomatoes for breakfast or lunch. Or anytime ;). 

Yummmmm I love cottage cheese (Old Home brand only) and sliced radishes, with salt, on a piece of bread. 

Back to the topic: I find it interesting that many of you think Mykelti is posting?  Maybe it's Christine?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Yummmmm I love cottage cheese (Old Home brand only) and sliced radishes, with salt, on a piece of bread. 

Back to the topic: I find it interesting that many of you think Mykelti is posting?  Maybe it's Christine?

Christine is afraid of toasters -- can you imagine her beliefs about the Internet? 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Well, I just picked one of the kids more or less at random. It could be Christine. It could be Kody. It could be any of them or their friends. I don't care. I've now "named" the poster "cinles" as "Mykelti". And I'm going to stick with it. Everyone else is free to do whatever they want in that regard. I'm just having too much fun. :D

• Love 1
On 4/16/2017 at 5:13 PM, TurtlePower said:

I was just going to say this!  I LOVE cottage cheese with tomatoes.  Grape tomatoes preferred.  Just don't give it to me with a sweet fruit (blech!).

We in Phoenix have been deluged with commercials for this weekend's upcoming Women's Expo . . . and Janelle will be there.

Strangely, though, the commercials have said, "Be inspired by Carson Kressley, Bo Derek, Viveca J. Fox, and Mariel Hemingway."  Not a word about the possibility of being inspired by Janelle Brown.

• Love 4

I just don't see how Janelle thinks people--other than diehard fans--will buy into "gee, I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm trying to figure it out." Seems more like a support group and less like a business--which is a great idea but people don't want to pay for support, Janelle. 

• Love 5

Or pay to support her journey not theirs. If she was doing this for free and encouraging others to join her that would be one thing but why would anyone want to pay for what they are currently offering? There are a ton of free websites, youtube clips etc that provide much better education on nutrition and exercise than STRIVE and much cheaper options if you want to pay for advice/meal plans etc.

• Love 6
On 4/20/2017 at 6:49 PM, Featherhat said:

Or pay to support her journey not theirs. If she was doing this for free and encouraging others to join her that would be one thing but why would anyone want to pay for what they are currently offering? There are a ton of free websites, youtube clips etc that provide much better education on nutrition and exercise than STRIVE and much cheaper options if you want to pay for advice/meal plans etc.

I so want to ask her this, but don't want to get attacked by her army of followers: "Given the number of free websites available for folks on a journey to better health, why should any of them PAY to go along with you on yours?" 

Seriously. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I so want to ask her this, but don't want to get attacked by her army of followers: "Given the number of free websites available for folks on a journey to better health, why should any of them PAY to go along with you on yours?" 

Seriously. 

I double dog dare you to ask.  Take one for the team.  :)

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I've seen more interesting booths at grade school science fairs.

It's way more than they did for the STRIVE thing.  A couple of sad looking balloons, some brochures and a table of overpriced crap.  Nothing else at all.  I wouldn't call empty chairs as far at the eye could see festive either.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

cough*but that's what fake accounts are for*cough

Anyhoo, she would probably just immediately block you and forget your name, without any comment. Damn those haterz! 

Yeah, I thought of the idea of a fake account but am not sure it's worth one question. Just for that one question feels troll-ey, that's a boundary I don't want to cross. Janelle would then block me, not address the question and her loyal zombie followers would lose their shit. 

If I didn't have a job where the public is in my face all day or if I were retired, I might be brave enough to ask that question. Really, it would be easier in person. I wish her well in her journey to better health, I just don't see how it's a viable business for her. I guess that's what free markets decide. We'll see, won't we?

Edited by TurtlePower
clarification
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

DID ANYONE ELSE ZOOM IN ON THE SIGN?!? 

It's as if Janelle or whoever intentionally tried to make as many grammatical errors as she possibly could. 

All those old "Schoolhouse Rock" songs are going through my brain right now. 

@MrSmith you must look and comment here once you stop laughing. 

• Love 1