Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Speaking of retreat redux, did we ever see any pics or proof that it even took place?  I thought Meri posted that a couple of "tiers" were sold out!

I was just thinking about this. Most people who host retreats share the photos of people having fun, doing activities, etc, for advertising purposes.

Crickets from Meri. I’m guessing it never happened. If it had and people were happy, she’d be bragging about it. 

• Like 11
27 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I was just thinking about this. Most people who host retreats share the photos of people having fun, doing activities, etc, for advertising purposes.

Crickets from Meri. I’m guessing it never happened. If it had and people were happy, she’d be bragging about it. 

I agree.  Last time she posted a picture of them biking or something but this time, nothing.  Is she going to keep advertising more until somebody falls for this scam?  I bet she didn't even get any obsequious downliners this time.

• Like 9

I still think despite her advertising it as a "Retreat" (maybe for tax purposes-a loss) it was an award for her high producing downline staff and nothing more. Thus the secrecy and not sharing anything about the "experience".

• Like 8
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

For the holidays you can get colored and flavored rice crispies.  My daughter makes them for school using half colored and half regular rice crispies.  Meri can't even be bothered doing that or adding the chocolate crispies.  Oddly my daughter considers them stale after a couple of days and there Meri is mailing with clothes!

I agree --mailing Rice Krispie treats is a weird choice as they get stale fast, but it was the tiniest treat - you would think Meri could send a bigger piece! What is up with the teeny tiny square? 

Perhaps they were left over from the "retreat"?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7

I’m not a fan generally but all this talk is making me want homemade rice crispy treats. Who thought Meri could have this affect on me????

I would think if Meri really wanted to expand her Airbnb she could partner with a local baker to provide sweets and breakfast treats to guests, mutual social media growth. But likely the MLM sales do more for her bank account than the Inn does. 

• Like 6

I'm guessing Meri sent along a Rice Krispies treat because of the show. Kind of like her signature treat.

Meri better be careful, because not all folks are good folks. They could claim food poisoning, or being drugged or something, after eating one of her homemade treats.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

A few days ago I had the misfortune of clicking on Meri's Friday With Friends video (I mean, I did it to myself but whatever).  She loves to start her videos pretending to be drunk on water while exclaiming that she's not drunk...and then she and Just Jen dissolve into semi-coherent babbling and giggling because you guys, they are having SO MUCH FUN.  Then Meri goes into reading the names of the poor folks who have joined in to watch and she repeats the phrase "Welcome Welcome!" in a voice that is so put on, I have to keep checking to see who is actually talking.  I have watched the intro to a few of these videos (because I can only handle a few seconds) and it's so cringe-worthy.  It gives "awkward middle-school girl who is desperately trying to seem happy and cool" vibes so hard.  And I'm not sure what her obsession is with pretending to be drunk but it's really weird...she plays the part but then seems offended when people call her out on it.  Fascinating stuff if you've got 15 seconds to kill on a Friday evening.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
32 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

A few days ago I had the misfortune of clicking on Meri's Friday With Friends video (I mean, I did it to myself but whatever).  She loves to start her videos pretending to be drunk on water while exclaiming that she's not drunk...and then she and Just Jen dissolve into semi-coherent babbling and giggling because you guys, they are having SO MUCH FUN.  Then Meri goes into reading the names of the poor folks who have joined in to watch and she repeats the phrase "Welcome Welcome!" in a voice that is so put on, I have to keep checking to see who is actually talking.  I have watched the intro to a few of these videos (because I can only handle a few seconds) and it's so cringe-worthy.  It gives "awkward middle-school girl who is desperately trying to seem happy and cool" vibes so hard.  And I'm not sure what her obsession is with pretending to be drunk but it's really weird...she plays the part but then seems offended when people call her out on it.  Fascinating stuff if you've got 15 seconds to kill on a Friday evening.

Omg like you whisper something and I’ll whisper something and we’ll both act like it’s really really funny and he’ll think we’re SO interesting. 

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Omg like you whisper something and I’ll whisper something and we’ll both act like it’s really really funny and he’ll think we’re SO interesting. 

Having flashbacks to 7th grade lol

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh I hate the “welcome welcome”, fake, grating, sing—songy beginnings to those videos. It’s like a dumpster fire you just can’t stop watching and feels so inauthentic it’s cringe-worthy. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I think I've watched Meri's Friday videos twice, for a few seconds each. I have a rule about the very few YT or personal videos I watch - if you fix you camera like you're new to this and you're not - I'm out. And yup Meri was fixing her phone for the correct angle.

I will never not be amazed at how many viewers she gets tuning in to that bullshit. Never.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Exactly - she's been at this for how long now?  Every video begins with Meri acting like she's never adjusted her camera before and then she pretends like she doesn't know how to connect Jen, and it's just all nonsense.  Plus I get "mean girl" vibes from her.  The people who enjoy those videos are fans of Meri, for better or worse.  They deserve something more than watching two grown women giggle for an hour over inside jokes and pretend booze in their Stanley tumblers.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
Just now, oliviabenson said:

I last 10 seconds lol. Her fake face sends me lol. 

That's about how long I lasted the first time I tried watching that garbage! I have tried a couple times more but didn't even make it 10 sec then. It is a big NOPE for me!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 3/15/2023 at 8:37 AM, laurakaye said:

I watched some other Lula Lives. She is patterning herself after other top LLR  sellers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
7 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I watched some other Lula Lives. She is patterning herself after other top LLR  sellers.

That's how the top sellers act??  Interesting.  I just feel so strongly that these videos and Lives are meant to target lonely people who are trying to participate in the virtual fun and games, but instead are being taken advantage of.  Maybe that's not a fair take because I've only seen Meri's shenanigans, but it's all just very culty.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2023 at 11:04 AM, zamp33 said:

I agree --mailing Rice Krispie treats is a weird choice as they get stale fast, but it was the tiniest treat - you would think Meri could send a bigger piece! What is up with the teeny tiny square? 

Perhaps they were left over from the "retreat"?

I agree, mailing any kind of baking or prepared food is a little sketchy and Meri’s krispie treats are made with blobs of cookie butter… not sure if that’s good or bad. 🫢

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri has had her hair coloured a red, coppery colour and it really suits her (a rare compliment from me to Meri but it looks good on her). Screen shot from her FWF Video:

93C737D7-8779-4CB7-AF23-592CB6EE2FD7.jpeg

Color is great but cut appears to be done with a weed whacker.  Odd plaçe to part her hair.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Ok guys — while I complimented Meri yesterday, there’s this — this b***h thinks she can be auctioned off as she needs a date to an event. First she overcharges for events she hosts and now she things people will pay tons of money for a date with her. 

Lets hope the date has never seen the show, FWF or her real face. They’ll show up and not know who she is. Then, they’ll have to sit and listen to LuLaRoe pitches all night while Meri talks about herself the whole time, probably setting rules of what the date can and cannot talk about. How appealing. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7667304/sister-wives-meri-brown-date-fans-kody-brown-split/amp/

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok guys — while I complimented Meri yesterday, there’s this — this b***h thinks she can be auctioned off as she needs a date to an event. First she overcharges for events she hosts and now she things people will pay tons of money for a date with her. 

Lets hope the date has never seen the show, FWF or her real face. They’ll show up and not know who she is. Then, they’ll have to sit and listen to LuLaRoe pitches all night while Meri talks about herself the whole time, probably setting rules of what the date can and cannot talk about. How appealing. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7667304/sister-wives-meri-brown-date-fans-kody-brown-split/amp/

From the link:

[Meri] revealed she will be attending a 1980s-themed prom, which will take place on the birthday of co-host Jenn Sullivan.

Meri said: "Last week, Jenn decided that she was going to auction me off for part of a fundraiser. I guess I need a date for the fundraiser."

Jenn then divulged the information on where followers can apply and gave out her email.

The TLC star laughed and added: "This is so funny! I might have a prom date!"

It doesn't seem bitchy to me. Like, at all.

I don't know that there will be much demand, I wouldn't submit my 50-something self to this, but from the above, it seems like she's doing it for a fundraiser, because Jenn asked her to.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, General Days said:

From the link:

It doesn't seem bitchy to me. Like, at all.

I don't know that there will be much demand, I wouldn't submit my 50-something self to this, but from the above, it seems like she's doing it for a fundraiser, because Jenn asked her to.

I’m simply predicting that it may well be painful for the unfortunate date based on Meri’s grumpy, grating personality (and the fact that she seems to think awfully highly of herself). 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I’m simply predicting that it may well be painful for the unfortunate date based on Meri’s grumpy, grating personality (and the fact that she seems to think awfully highly of herself). 

I get the impression that Meri can be a lot of fun, when she's not with The Fahmly. That always makes me wonder how much Kody played into it all -- like what tone he set as the so-called leader of family. I'd bet a dozen eggs and a gallon of gasoline that he always pitted the women against each other, and made everything worse, because that's his gift.

• Like 13

Polygamy is like the Game of Thrones. No one is their best self when they always have to be watching their back and plotting their next moves. Meri behaved more aggressively, Janelle more passively and Christine more passive-aggressively. But they were all playing the same game. I sure they're all different folks when they're not competing. IMO, that's why Christine is so grating (to me) now. Because she hasn't let Kody go yet and she's still competing, not to get him back, but to show him she was worth fighting for.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, General Days said:

I get the impression that Meri can be a lot of fun, when she's not with The Fahmly. That always makes me wonder how much Kody played into it all -- like what tone he set as the so-called leader of family. I'd bet a dozen eggs and a gallon of gasoline that he always pitted the women against each other, and made everything worse, because that's his gift.

I think she’s mean at her core and would need to work hard to rid herself of the tendency. When she’s being “nice”, I find it fake because she’s quick to revert to being a jerk  

She’s rude and snarky to her customers, she’s steamrolled Jenn on FWF and has had smartass remarks towards fans who had the misfortune to ask questions Meri deemed worthy of a cruel reply. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I think she’s mean at her core and would need to work hard to rid herself of the tendency. When she’s being “nice”, I find it fake because she’s quick to revert to being a jerk  

She’s rude and snarky to her customers, she’s steamrolled Jenn on FWF and has had smartass remarks towards fans who had the misfortune to ask questions Meri deemed worthy of a cruel reply. 

I fall somewhere in between. I think she actually does care about people and would probably be a fun person to go out on the town with. I sometimes find her direct and dry style pretty funny (especially in contrast to the other "adults"). I tend to give her a pass for some her responses to customers because it must be hard to go live and read statements like "go in a hole and die." That would trigger me too.

However, she is also extraordinarily sensitive and extremely reactive and unnecessarily snappy. She also centers herself in every situation and is a horrible active listener. That could be from years of living in a dysfunctional family. I still can't imagine my dad taking on five wives and a billion children. When did that happen? She was 12 right?

Still, she's freed herself from all of this and is old enough now to get some help. I'm not convinced she is though. I'm not convinced any of them are really working on themselves. Maybe Janelle.

• Like 8
16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I fall somewhere in between. I think she actually does care about people and would probably be a fun person to go out on the town with. I sometimes find her direct and dry style pretty funny (especially in contrast to the other "adults"). I tend to give her a pass for some her responses to customers because it must be hard to go live and read statements like "go in a hole and die." That would trigger me too.

However, she is also extraordinarily sensitive and extremely reactive and unnecessarily snappy. She also centers herself in every situation and is a horrible active listener. That could be from years of living in a dysfunctional family. I still can't imagine my dad taking on five wives and a billion children. When did that happen? She was 12 right?

Still, she's freed herself from all of this and is old enough now to get some help. I'm not convinced she is though. I'm not convinced any of them are really working on themselves. Maybe Janelle.

I genuinely hope the best for Meri. I hope she becomes nicer being away from the family, but so far all I’m seeing is a front.

This is coming from a reformed grump, having worked in public safety (one tends to be down when all one deals with is the dredges of society). It’s possible to become kinder and more gentle, but living on Long Island is testing my patience 😉. I’ve still got a bit of the Raphael attitude of my turtle avatar.  

When I say Meri is pretending, it’s because I truly see it. 

• Like 11
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Still, she's freed herself from all of this and is old enough now to get some help.

I'm not sure about this part. She is free, yes, but I don't think she freed herself. I 100% believe that if Kody snapped his fingers, she'd run right back to that marriage.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

I'm not sure about this part. She is free, yes, but I don't think she freed herself. I 100% believe that if Kody snapped his fingers, she'd run right back to that marriage.

Totally agree with this! But Robyn would never let that happen, unless it were to solidify another TV season...

• Like 10
On 2/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, LilyD said:

Just needed a little laugh and went through all your posts on Meri’s “luxurious” holiday. Quite funny to see how everything was dissected😁.

It also made me realise that no one commented on the big difference between the 4,000 and 6,000 package. (As far as I’m aware….) And that’s quite funny considering all the posts on the inn! So the 4,000 package entitles you to a stay near the inn, whereas the 6,000 package lets you stay at the inn itself. 

Based on all your reviews, I’d not hesitate to opt for the “cheaper” package as it very likely gives you better accomodation! (If I was forced to go of course😉)

Something I saw in the article someone linked re: the retreat/scam:

“At our second Real Life Retreat, the theme is all about SELF LOVE, and YOU deserve to be there. You are worthy of the love and care you so often give away. Let us give it back to you.” 

"The Elite Plus package for $6000 included bonus gifts and activities."

Someone here had posted that you'd get a goodie bag of Lularot. I am afraid of what kind of bonus gifts and activities would go along with the theme of "SELF LOVE". Maybe that's how those basement wives learn to cope with getting the cold shoulder from the husband?

• LOL 8
On 2/26/2023 at 11:22 AM, oliviabenson said:

Self love 

lol

i will see myself to the prayer closet haha 

With the Elite Plus pack you get "bonus gifts and activities".

*heads to the prayer closet

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, Lurk said:

Something I saw in the article someone linked re: the retreat/scam:

“At our second Real Life Retreat, the theme is all about SELF LOVE, and YOU deserve to be there. You are worthy of the love and care you so often give away. Let us give it back to you.” 

"The Elite Plus package for $6000 included bonus gifts and activities."

Someone here had posted that you'd get a goodie bag of Lularot. I am afraid of what kind of bonus gifts and activities would go along with the theme of "SELF LOVE". Maybe that's how those basement wives learn to cope with getting the cold shoulder from the husband?

This is what I dislike about Meri. I have no issues with her going ahead and becoming a retreat host, but in what realm is she qualified to charge such an insane amount? What training had she taken? Just because she *attended* a few retreats herself makes her a guru?

I’d have had respect for her bad she started out charging hundreds — not THOUSANDS — of dollars at her B&B for retreats. Then if she moved up to Bali in 5 years and charged thousands, I’d have understood 100%. But it’s not Bali it’s a fucking B&B !!! 

FFS Meri. This is where you lost respect even from your own fans. You don’t *start out* on top, you earn a following. Your reality tv status doesn’t equate such ridiculous prices. I don’t see a genuine business plan behind this, I see GREED. . With her retreat thing, I see someone who thinks she deserves to be on top without having climbed her way up. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Not a murmur about the activities at this 2nd retreat. No photos of them enjoying the amenities offered at the BnB. Lounging around the indoor pool, frolicking in the hot tub, enjoying a gourmet buffet...Oh wait..

• LOL 13

It’s not just the food though. The b&b itself isn’t very appealing either. Well, not to me but I’m sure there are a few that like the “vintage” style and probably rather musty smell….

• Like 13
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

It’s not just the food though. The b&b itself isn’t very appealing either. Well, not to me but I’m sure there are a few that like the “vintage” style and probably rather musty smell….

My home was built in the 1870's. No musty smells and plump inviting chairs and sofas to sit in. I love it when guests feel comfortable enough to put their feet up. The only modernization taken place has been to kitchen, laundry and bathrooms.

Nothing at all like the BnB with tables dripping in crochet and stiff little chairs lined up around the room. But then that's Meri for you, stiff and uninviting, possibly musty smelling too.

Edited by Sandy W
Corrected age of home. Not 1830's
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This is what I dislike about Meri. I have no issues with her going ahead and becoming a retreat host, but in what realm is she qualified to charge such an insane amount? What training had she taken? Just because she *attended* a few retreats herself makes her a guru?

She has zero qualifications. To be semi fair she's really just co-hosting with the company "real life retreats" which does these retreats at many locations. That company is owned by a "friend" - who also likely has no qualifications but oddly seems to have success at other venues - judging by many smiling happy social media posts. LOL so likely also not actually successful. And I'm guessing retreat #2 was canceled. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6