Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I think it is safe to say that anything written (or most likely ghost-written) by Meri will be cover to cover lies. She can't even post a single accurate photo of herself whilst blathering vapid platitudes. Anyone who spends money on that Tome of Untruths is nuts.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri has posted what would be called cryptic messages for years. On occasions when someone would assume they were Kody related, she would say they weren’t in reference to him. LuLaNo and her travels to inspirational retreats, are the basis of these messages she posts, in my opinion.

As she said recently, Kody didn’t want the information related to their status made public. So, that’s the way it was, even though it was mentioned by both of them, and obvious to viewers.

I think she thinks she’s making herself interesting or intriguing, but really they just make her look desperate and thirsty.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

According to my issue of People:  Sister Wives stars Kody, 54, and Meri Brown, 51 have parted ways after 32 years of marriage.  The pair divorced in 2014 to allow Kody to legally marry his fourth wife, Robyn, 43.  Kody also split from third wife Christine, 50 in 2021 and recently separated from second wife Janelle, 53.

Looks like Robyn has Kody all to herself now!

Edited by Mahsati
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
13 minutes ago, Mahsati said:

According to my issue of People:  Sister Wives stars Kody, 54, and Meri Brown, 51 have parted ways after 32 years of marriage.  The pair divorced in 2014 to allow Kody to legally marry his fourth wife, Robyn, 43.  Kody also split from third wife Christine, 50 in 2021 and recently separated from second wife Janelle, 53.

Looks like Robyn has Kody all to herself now!

Just like Sobbyn planned "from day one."

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Meri's time in MLM workshops are all about building self-confidence including positive self-talk/affirmations. I think many, if not all, of her affirmations reflect what she's feeling in relationship to whatever is going on, much like folks do on FB. A good portion of her life has nothing to do with Kody, TLC, Robyn, Janelle and Christine.

With that said, I do think she posts cryptically after shows have aired. But what else is she supposed to do? Write lengthy posts defending herself? And I'm not sure she can even do that because Christine has said they're not supposed to post about anything being filmed. Plus there's that nagging hope of Kody - Meri doesn't want to say anything to alienate him any more than his is.

I hope Meri does write a book, if for nothing else, to feel heard. Meri is Meri, she is cold and bitchy so that will still be apparent in the book, but even bitches have their own side to the story. 

If she’s actually working in a book, I’d definitely give it a read. I also like audio books, but if she were to narrate it herself, count me out. It hard enough to hear her grating, mumble-mouth voice once a week let alone hours of it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Meri's latest IG post is her holding up a book and saying, "there's more to the story."  People think she's teasing that she is writing a book.  If she is, it's probably nonsense about how to become your own #BossBabe.  If she's just teasing to stay relevant, it's cringe-worthy and embarrassing on her part.

Not that it matters, that post is from September.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 2

I don't really see Meri as a liar who lies. I see her the same as Janelle and Christine. To me Kody and Robyn are the liars who lie.

IMO, the OG3 more polish up their side of history and I think Christine is the guiltiest with that.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Respectfully, she completely rewrote the entire catfish saga.  I think that qualifies for a whopper award.

For sure, that lie was a whopper! But to me a liar that lies is someone who does it repeatedly. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

For sure, that lie was a whopper! But to me a liar that lies is someone who does it repeatedly. 

Filtering her facial features beyond recognition qualifies as repeated lies IMO.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Isn't it lying to promise her downliners that they will be rolling in dough if they just "work hard enough"?  Grifters lie every minute of every day. MLMs are the best example of grifting.

• Like 8
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Isn't it lying to promise her downliners that they will be rolling in dough if they just "work hard enough"?  Grifters lie every minute of every day. MLMs are the best example of grifting.

I suppose you're right. I guess the same can be said for Janelle and Christine.  Like I said in my original post, IMO, Meri is in the same category as them. Robyn and Kody are horses of a different color.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Respectfully, she completely rewrote the entire catfish saga.  I think that qualifies for a whopper award.

I think the whole family rewrote the catfish saga (well the parents did; Leon did not). 

The Browns have never revealed much about themselves, not really, except for whatever they were willing to put forth on the show at a given time. For such an undisciplined crew, picking and choosing what they put on the show is one place where they've practiced a lot of discipline. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

The Browns have never revealed much about themselves, not really, except for whatever they were willing to put forth on the show at a given time. For such an undisciplined crew, picking and choosing what they put on the show is one place where they've practiced a lot of discipline. 

They had help picking and choosing what went on the show.  TLC is complicit in that one.  Although the Browns have at times been surprising in what they would and would not put on the show.

• Like 13
6 hours ago, General Days said:

I think the whole family rewrote the catfish saga (well the parents did; Leon did not). 

Yes, I was always under the impression that they all weighed in on what to reveal, of course with TLC involved as well, but I often wonder if Mr. Patriarch himself has the final word on what the family reveals about itself.  For years it was his personal mission to push polygamy as this wonderful lifestyle that he wanted the world to know about and respect, and all of them went along with it as well as TLC.  But after it became impossible to keep pushing that lie and ratings were falling, TLC must have convinced him/them to go with a more typical reality show format with all the usual conflict and drama and to hell with how "wonderful" polygamy supposedly is.  So little by little the show has been more about that at the expense of the sanitized BS version of polygamy that they had originally pushed on us.  And let's face it, they've had plenty of genuine conflict and drama to put on the show.  They haven't had to resort to manufactured BS for that!

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Filtering her facial features beyond recognition qualifies as repeated lies IMO.

I was about to mention that, you beat me to it. Even her face shape is different in the filtered images, it’s like she’s trying to achieve an alien shaped face. 👽 Culturally appropriating alien features is insensitive and unkind (sarcasm warning 😜 ); it’s also what catfish do (not sarcasm).

The cryptic stuff is maddening, too. I have a cousin who does this and had to “snooze” her for a while because she rarely said anything that could be deciphered. All with angry exclamation points, too. So no one could respond because we had no idea who the intended audience was (does she even know she can change the audience so we aren’t all confused by her nonsense?). 

• Like 8
On 12/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, TurtlePower said:

If she’s actually working in a book, I’d definitely give it a read. I also like audio books, but if she were to narrate it herself, count me out. It hard enough to hear her grating, mumble-mouth voice once a week let alone hours of it. 

Awesome, if she does, I'll let you do the reading and wait for the recap! 😁

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

She says during the video (or Jenn says) that she won't be in Parowan for Christmas, but she refuses to say where she will be. I'm guessing back in Flagstaff or with other family elsewhere. If she was going to Colorado, I would think she would have gone already. 

Thank you for watching for the group. I couldn't make it more than a few minutes.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've been doing some rewatching during the holidays and it is just so sad to see what Meri has turned into.  I mean, pretty much nobody likes a bitch and lord knows Meri used to be one on wheels.  But she is so beaten down and ...  cowed now.  The things that are being said around her that she doesn't react to - like about how it's not okay for Christine to dump Kody, and the obvious thing is he did exactly that to Meri.  But she sits there silently just staring.  And the scene where Kody is whining how everyone else gets to pick and choose who they hang out with, but he doesn't.  And they show Meri just sitting there, all hang dog, to emphasize the way Kody chooses every day to not hang out with her. There are so many examples.  When Kody asks her and Robyn to back him up, you just know in the old days she would have told him he was full of shit.  But nope.  Hunkered down.  Silence.  It's sad to see. 

That scene where she says to the camera she is finally going to say something about her relationship to Kody and then ... doesn't?  Did I blink and miss it?  Because I don't think she was shown saying anything.  Not a peep.   

It is starting to get hard to watch.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

- like about how it's not okay for Christine to dump Kody, and the obvious thing is he did exactly that to Meri.  

[...]

That scene where she says to the camera she is finally going to say something about her relationship to Kody and then ... doesn't?  Did I blink and miss it?  Because I don't think she was shown saying anything.  Not a peep.   

I am rewatching old stuff too, so I haven't rewatched the latest episode, but I think the thing Meri was referring to, when she said she would say something about her relationship with Kody, was the thing about how she finds it notable that Kody is pissed about Christine doing to him, exactly what he's been doing to Meri.

The editing and constant pre-commercial teases of upcoming scenes, often makes teased revelations like that hard to track, so I could be wrong.

• Like 9
28 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And the scene where Kody is whining how everyone else gets to pick and choose who they hang out with, but he doesn't.

I still can't believe he said that.

(Well...actually, I can.)

As if he hasn't been choosing to hang out solely with Robyn and the Robyns for years.

He's just pissed someone had the audacity to call him on his blatant favoritism and neglect.

30 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But she is so beaten down and ...  cowed now.  The things that are being said around her that she doesn't react to - like about how it's not okay for Christine to dump Kody, and the obvious thing is he did exactly that to Meri.  But she sits there silently just staring. 

I think she's so relieved to be invited to sit in someone's backyard that she doesn't want to rock the boat by saying anything that might result in shunning.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I think she's so relieved to be invited to sit in someone's backyard that she doesn't want to rock the boat by saying anything that might result in shunning.

That's exactly what would happen.  Kody is just barely tolerating her presence at this point.  And Robyn is just using her.   If she steps out of line even once, she will no longer be worth the effort to them.   Meri is basically sitting on a bubble that could burst in a flash if she even looks askance at either of them. 

But they need her for the show, don't they?  Surely she must know that.  It gives her some measure of power.   Doesn't it? 

What I wouldn't give to see Meri put Kody on blast!   Let him roar at her demanding she back him up about how he is being "betrayed" (spare me), and instead of sitting there like a cowpatty drying in the pasture, tell him he's being a freakin' crybaby and to stop blaming everyone else for his messed up relationships.  Like she would have in the old days!  Jeez, if she doesn't want to do it to his face, at least play the Greek chorus and tell it to the camera in a talking head.  He wouldn't see it for like a year and by then it would be too late to effectively punish her (hopefully).

Regarding Kody demanding back up from Meri in that one scene, she did finally chime in a bit ...  but I think her intention was to undermine Janelle more than anything (suck up to Kody, basically).  But I am not sure that is what she actually accomplished, though.  Because what Meri said was that during the conversation at her house a couple of weeks earlier, Kody had made it clear that "it wasn't 'you just have to apologize and then we're good' " .... which actually sounds as if Kody was demanding more than than a mere apology, to me.  And Janelle is hanging her hat on the idea that Kody demanded an apology, he ain't gonna get it, and that is why Christmas at the Air B& B.  But Kody keeps insisting he withdrew his apology demand.  So ... what did he want?  According to Meri, sounds to me like he wanted more than an apology.  Which makes Janelle's case.  Doesn't it? 

These people are stupid and I am thinking about this way too much. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4

I've been doing some rewatching during the holidays and it is just so sad to see what Meri has turned into.  I mean, pretty much nobody likes a bitch and lord knows Meri used to be one on wheels.  But she is so beaten down and ...  cowed now.

I hope she didn't spend Christmas with Kody and Robyn. I hope she spent it with her sister in Utah or something. And I really hope that Leon sees that their father is a toad, and that while their mother has certainly made mistakes, Kody is worse. A few seasons ago, it seemed like Leon was laying all the blame on Meri, and it bothered me even back then.

• Like 14

I was watching all the seasons and seeing for myself, the dynamic between the wives.  I was really 

mad when maddie had her baby and all the wives went to therapy and bashed Meri for not being there.  WTF she came back and even for me the house was so silent and Maddie made it very when the time came it was going to be her caleb and the mid-wife.  So Meri left.  Get off Meri ladies she didn't do anything wrong. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Not much new info, but there is one bit where the article states “Despite holding it together for the cameras, a source later told In Touch exclusively that Kody’s words were ‘like a slap in the face’ to Meri.”

Which doesn’t make sense because as we’ve discussed, Kody HAS told Meri he doesn’t consider them married. She flat out lied about that (or was in complete denial), because on one of their anniversaries she called him and he asked her why she was even bothering. Then she goes on and says Kody’s “never said that” to her in the one on one.

I think it’s denial. She didn’t want to believe he wants nothing to do with her. As much as i dislike Meri, I hope she truly accepts it and moves on. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-meri-seemingly-breaks-silence-amid-kody-split/amp/

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Not much new info, but there is one bit where the article states “Despite holding it together for the cameras, a source later told In Touch exclusively that Kody’s words were ‘like a slap in the face’ to Meri.”

Which doesn’t make sense because as we’ve discussed, Kody HAS told Meri he doesn’t consider them married. She flat out lied about that (or was in complete denial), because on one of their anniversaries she called him and he asked her why she was even bothering. Then she goes on and says Kody’s “never said that” to her in the one on one.

I think it’s denial. She didn’t want to believe he wants nothing to do with her. As much as i dislike Meri, I hope she truly accepts it and moves on. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-meri-seemingly-breaks-silence-amid-kody-split/amp/

Just how much more explicit can he be?

In a talking head he said she was free to engage in a new relationship. His body language when she leaned in for an anniversary kiss. He doesn't even look her way when she speaks.

Meri claims that her mother had asked her to stick it out with Kody before she passed away.  As a mother, and thinking of what  my own mother's attitude would be, this would be contrary to values that should have been instilled.

But then, the polygamist mindset where a portion of a spouse is acceptable is something I will never understand either.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

“I am not for everyone. I know my truth. I know who I am. I know what I bring to the table. I'm not easy to deal with but I do bring tons of value. I bring love and strength, but I am not perfect, and if I don't fit in with a person or group that is okay with me." 

I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I. In one short paragraph she used “I” — in a very self-centered, childish style of writing — 11 times. 

Speaking of eyes, this made me 🙄. Love and strength? Strength from what, all the walls she builds? 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-meri-brown-shares-cryptic-not-for-everyone-post-after-kody-brown-split/

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

“I am not for everyone. I know my truth. I know who I am. I know what I bring to the table. I'm not easy to deal with but I do bring tons of value. I bring love and strength, but I am not perfect, and if I don't fit in with a person or group that is okay with me." 

I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I. In one short paragraph she used “I” — in a very self-centered, childish style of writing — 11 times. 

Speaking of eyes, this made me 🙄. Love and strength? Strength from what, all the walls she builds? 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-meri-brown-shares-cryptic-not-for-everyone-post-after-kody-brown-split/

I disagree. I mean, it is dumb, but it is a self-affirmation thing — so it would be "I" statements. Also, anaphora is a rhetorical technique.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I disagree. I mean, it is dumb, but it is a self-affirmation thing — so it would be "I" statements. Also, anaphora is a rhetorical technique.

All Meri ever does is cryptic self-affirmation. Me me me, I I I. After years of seeing it, it continues to annoy. 

In school we were always taught to avoid the overuse of “I” so as not to appear like a 4 year old or a narcissist (unless writing a first person narrative and even then be skilled enough to avoid I I I I I I all the time). 

• Like 8
21 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

All Meri ever does is cryptic self-affirmation. Me me me, I I I. After years of seeing it, it continues to annoy. 

In school we were always taught to avoid the overuse of “I” so as not to appear like a 4 year old or a narcissist (unless writing a first person narrative and even then be skilled enough to avoid I I I I I I all the time). 

By it's very nature, wouldn't a self affirmation statement be directed to "self"?

If her self proclaimed attributes are there, let others recognize them, there should be no need to publically address this.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

By it's very nature, wouldn't a self affirmation statement be directed to "self"?

If her self proclaimed attributes are there, let others recognize them, there should be no need to publically address this.

It’s annoying? After years and years of her BS, it’s annoying. It’s difficult for me to like or believe anything she says. 

I’m picking on yet another of her cryptic, self serving platitudes.  That’s all there is to this. 

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It’s annoying? After years and years of her BS, it’s annoying. It’s difficult for me to like or believe anything she says. 

I’m picking on yet another of her cryptic, self serving platitudes.  That’s all there is to this. 

100% agree with you.

My point was that Meri need not provide a public inventory of her gifts to humanity, if they are there.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

She didn't write that affirmation post. It's kind of dumb one. Stephen McNutt of mindset greatness should be called out. "I bring tons of value." Dumb. But I don't have a problem if she's truly trying to change her mindset. It's annoying to post about it all the time but instagram is about 50% of this stuff these days.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

But I don't have a problem if she's truly trying to change her mindset.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......oh, you're serious?

Meri sees herself as all-wise, all-perfect and he's had the same mememememe mindset since she started posting crap from a Platitudes for Prigs book.  After all she's a strong, boss babe business guru, high value, loyal sister wife. What could she possible need to change?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Meri sees herself as all-wise, all-perfect and he's had the same mememememe mindset since she started posting crap from a Platitudes for Prigs book.  After all she's a strong, boss babe business guru, high value, loyal sister wife. What could she possible need to change?

LOL, let's call it semi-serious?

I know that's what she puts out there but I don't think she actually buys it anymore than we do. She covers the actual feelings of hurt and insecurity with affirmation posts.  People change their mindsets by speaking, affirming and acting first.  Believing it yourself is the hardest part. I think if she actually believed it, she wouldn't have any need to keep saying it.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Positive self-talk and affirmations are truly helpful, and most aren't believed in the beginning, so that's the point of doing them. They help with increasing self-esteem, creating hope and manifesting/moving toward future goals. I believe in them, I've taught hundreds if not thousands of groups about them, I use them in therapy sessions, I've used them with my kids and my kids' friends and I use them myself.

With that said Meri's feel a little robotic, a little MLM cult-like.

I always recommend tweaking an existing saying, meme, phrase, whatever, to make it more personal and kind of narrow down what it is about a certain saying that speaks to them.

Like Meri's latest quote ⬇️, if she was my client I'd ask her about it and then suggest she pick one or two of these I statements or summarize the feeling she's looking for. Something like - Me, my flaws and I rock and matter. Or if you're Oprah, something like - I will strive to honor myself by being authentic. Or if your me - Being me is what I do best, so I'll stick with it.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Positive self-talk and affirmations are truly helpful, and most aren't believed in the beginning, so that's the point of doing them.

How long until it starts kicking in? Cause she's been doing this for a long time now. I don't think it's working.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Positive self-talk and affirmations are truly helpful, and most aren't believed in the beginning, so that's the point of doing them. They help with increasing self-esteem, creating hope and manifesting/moving toward future goals. 

I thought self affirming statements were something you said to yourself.  You know, at home, maybe looking in the mirror or something.  To accomplish just what you said - build self esteem, create hope, etc.

I never thought it was about posting your stuff online for others to read.  When Meri does that, it comes across like an advertisement for her non-existent awesomeness.  Or a sad attempt to defend herself from a-holes like me who point out that she sucks all the time. 

And when she turns on the "you GOT this, boss babes, just do it!" it really does start to feel like a creepy MLM sales gimmick.  She just doesn't have the charisma to carry it off at all. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I don't think she sees herself as all-wise or all-perfect, @Cetacean. Over the course of the show, it seems to me that Meri has been more forthcoming about and apologetic for her faults than any of the other Brown parents (although to be fair, Janelle has been pretty candid about herself and her part in her early-marriage friction with Meri, too). Janelle and Meri  did some good work on their relationship. I hope the divorce/separations doesn't undo it.

3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

LOL, let's call it semi-serious?

I know that's what she puts out there but I don't think she actually buys it anymore than we do. She covers the actual feelings of hurt and insecurity with affirmation posts.  People change their mindsets by speaking, affirming and acting first.  Believing it yourself is the hardest part. I think if she actually believed it, she wouldn't have any need to keep saying it.

I agree, @Tuxcat

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Positive self-talk and affirmations are truly helpful, and most aren't believed in the beginning, so that's the point of doing them. They help with increasing self-esteem, creating hope and manifesting/moving toward future goals. I believe in them, I've taught hundreds if not thousands of groups about them, I use them in therapy sessions, I've used them with my kids and my kids' friends and I use them myself.

I agree, @GeeGolly I think Meri is doing what AA expresses as: "Fake it 'til you make it."

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think Meri is doing what AA expresses as: "Fake it 'til you make it."

As evidenced by her Barbie Doll filtered pictures.  Sadly we see her as she really is so I don't know why she bothers.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought self affirming statements were something you said to yourself.  You know, at home, maybe looking in the mirror or something.  To accomplish just what you said - build self esteem, create hope, etc.

I never thought it was about posting your stuff online for others to read.  When Meri does that, it comes across like an advertisement for her non-existent awesomeness.  Or a sad attempt to defend herself from a-holes like me who point out that she sucks all the time. 

And when she turns on the "you GOT this, boss babes, just do it!" it really does start to feel like a creepy MLM sales gimmick.  She just doesn't have the charisma to carry it off at all. 

I recommend post-it notes, journaling and art as a way to use affirmations, but as evidenced by my FB feed many do it differently, lol. So in my world Meri's public, personal statements are the norm.

And it seems Hobby Lobby thinks we should hang them in every room, but they also think we needs signs identifying the room we're in, so there's that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 12
9 hours ago, Cetacean said:

As evidenced by her Barbie Doll filtered pictures.  Sadly we see her as she really is so I don't know why she bothers.

Those pics worry me.  I understand folks using filters somewhat, maybe to erase a mole or some such other  nonsense, but Meri has taken it to where her pics looks almost NOTHING like her.  For me, that denotes a tenuous grip on reality.  I honestly believe  Meri has concocted some sort of fantasy world and I wonder if that world and reality are beginning to merge in her head?  It's beginning to come off as a little ooky, to be honest.

• Like 6
  • Love 3