Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Has Meri posted the results of the week-long 150 year celebrations at the Inn? 

I'm waiting to learn who the lucky participants are that won a spin at the inn, who baked the best banana bread and how much product purchase was involved in the bingo winners lines.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Has Meri posted the results of the week-long 150 year celebrations at the Inn? 

I'm waiting to learn who the lucky participants are that won a spin at the inn, who baked the best banana bread and how much product purchase was involved in the bingo winners lines.

Ha I forgot all about that contest!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

It's been more than 3 weeks since the madcap merriment of Lizzie's 150 year celebration and still no results posted as to the lucky winners of the Bake-a-long and Bogus Bingo???

Pretty poor optics for her devoted followers.  There seems to be 4 adults presently there, Meri, Bonnie, Mariah and Audge, surely they could have tallied and announced the winners by now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It's been more than 3 weeks since the madcap merriment of Lizzie's 150 year celebration and still no results posted as to the lucky winners of the Bake-a-long and Bogus Bingo???

Pretty poor optics for her devoted followers.  There seems to be 4 adults presently there, Meri, Bonnie, Mariah and Audge, surely they could have tallied and announced the winners by now.

They are probably scrambling to figure out what to do because there were no players. It's hard to announce a winner when no one participated!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They are probably scrambling to figure out what to do because there were no players. It's hard to announce a winner when no one participated!

Make up a name.  "And the winner IS......:::::Drum roll::::::   SANDY CLAUS!  She wins a two night stay at Lizzie's, a new 2020 fully loaded BMW and a package of Twizzlers!"

"The first runner-up is Sam Sung!  He will receive two handmade POT HOLDERS!"

No one is the wiser.  ::snort::

• LOL 18
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

11F73918-085D-4281-A5E3-ACAC48C40C04.jpeg

Hello? Health department?  Dogs are helping prepare/serve food at Lizzies Inn, you might want to check that out.🤮No way in hell do I want to eat food that has been that close to a dog's feet!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
On 9/22/2020 at 7:50 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Hmm, a young-ish lesbian.  Is it cynical of me to think that there were no entrants so they just gave the prize to a friend of Mariah's?

Maybe Mariah is looking to pick up a sister-wife.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Monte Cristo? It's not fried and I don't see ham, cheese, or egg. I see cinnamon toast with powdered sugar, and powdered sugar is the only thing about it that resembles a Monte Cristo sandwich. Mrs Pretentious strikes again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, suomi said:

Monte Cristo? It's not fried and I don't see ham, cheese, or egg. I see cinnamon toast with powdered sugar, and powdered sugar is the only thing about it that resembles a Monte Cristo sandwich. Mrs Pretentious strikes again. 

And don't they only do breakfast?  I don't think of a Monte Cristo as breakfast food but I may be wrong.  I doubt I would ever put maple syrup on it and that's is what I believe is in that jug.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

And don't they only do breakfast?  I don't think of a Monte Cristo as breakfast food but I may be wrong.  I doubt I would ever put maple syrup on it and that's is what I believe is in that jug.

The little bowl looks like some sort of preserve or jam, maybe strawberry/rhubarb?  Where would that be applied?.

Where are the fresh fruits they claim to serve with breakfast?  They would make a more appetizing garnish than flowers and mint leaves.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The little bowl looks like some sort of preserve or jam, maybe strawberry/rhubarb?  Where would that be applied?.

Where are the fresh fruits they claim to serve with breakfast?  They would make a more appetizing garnish than flowers and mint leaves.

That isn't mint...it reminds me of cilantro, but I haven't seen cilantro blooms in real life (when I grow it I only harvest the leaves), but it had darned better be something 1.) edible, and 2.) NOT peed on by visiting dogs...

I learned the classic Monte Cristo in Culinary School.  We never put powdered sugar on it, or served it with jam...but it was considered an acceptable sandwich for a brunch menu.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

The only time in my life I've had a Monte Cristo was at Disneyland.  I'm wondering if that's where Meri became acquainted with them, too. 

I'd bet money on it.  

I love animals, but those doggy paws near food?  Ugh.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I love animals, but those doggy paws near food?  Ugh.

Could be worse, the small tan dog, Mosby(?) isn't house trained.  But I'd never eat there, with the dog and human hair (no hairnets) everywhere.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
On 9/24/2020 at 10:13 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

The only time in my life I've had a Monte Cristo was at Disneyland.  I'm wondering if that's where Meri became acquainted with them, too. 

This just brought back memories for me! I went to Disneyland for my birthday 50 years ago and had a Monte Christo in a restaurant there.  🙂.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:
On 9/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

This just brought back memories for me! I went to Disneyland for my birthday 50 years ago and had a Monte Christo in a restaurant there.  🙂.  

It wasn't a Monte Christo..... but I have to say that the last time my kids and I went to Disneyland (which was YEARS ago) the food was pricey but REALLY GOOD!  I didn't expect the food to be as delicious as it was, coming from a Theme Park.

• Useful 5

I couldn't have identified that mess if my life depended on it.  THese people have GOT to stop taking pictures of food.  Not one of them understands that it's not just a matter of "whip out camera and click".  There is an art to making food look good in pictures.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

What is that white goop on top?  Aren't you supposed to mix the marshmallow into the cereal?

I think it is supposed to be whipped cream. Who puts whipped cream on something like that?

Edited by Kohola3
should never use voice recognition on phone
  • Love 6

If it ain't oily or loaded with sugar they won't take its photo or recommend it. I just about gagged over the sweets covering the table for Truely's back-to-school celebration tea (or whatever the occasion was). 

• Love 5

In the comments, someone asked for the recipe.  Meri's response was "sorry friend, we can't share our secrets, maybe one day". BUT, in this post, she steered anyone interested to the rice crispy treats available for purchase at Lizzie's.

I find it symbolic that she built "walls" of rice crispy squares to contain all that ooey, gooey, sweetness.  Perhaps a simile for how she feels about herself.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

In the comments, someone asked for the recipe.  Meri's response was "sorry friend, we can't share our secrets, maybe one day". BUT, in this post, she steered anyone interested to the rice crispy treats available for purchase at Lizzie's.

I find it symbolic that she built "walls" of rice crispy squares to contain all that ooey, gooey, sweetness.  Perhaps a simile for how she feels about herself.

Like anyone is going to steal her recipe and serve it at their B&B. Also I feel like recipe-sharing during a pandemic--when we're all supposed to be staying home when possible and cannot travel to said B&B to get the stupid treat----would be the kind and thoughtful thing to do.

Meri, despite how she might try and paint herself, is really just...........a jerk. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Like anyone is going to steal her recipe and serve it at their B&B. Also I feel like recipe-sharing during a pandemic--when we're all supposed to be staying home when possible and cannot travel to said B&B to get the stupid treat----would be the kind and thoughtful thing to do.

"Kind and thoughtful" and Meri are mutually exclusive.

• Love 10

What is with her rice-krispie treat obsession?  It seems like a strange thing to sell to try and draw people in - it's like, let me send you a rice-krispie treat that was made in the kitchen of a 150-year old faux-plyg home that belonged to my relatives and may contain the dust of several antique knick-knacks, traces of ghost and possibly a stray dog hair or two!

No thanks.  I can make them at home and they won't have to pass through a stranger's hands and several days at the post office.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

What is that white goop on top?  Aren't you supposed to mix the marshmallow into the cereal?

It's supposed to be a mashup of cheese cake and rice krispies treats - use puffed rice cereal and marshmallow as a crust for cheesecake filling? I guess that might work.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

A quick visit with Mr. Google reveals she's likely been spending time on Pinterest again and is reluctant to tell us the recipe because she got it from someone else on Pinterest.

This one could be a starting point for anyone dying for rice crispy treat cheesecake mashup.  I will firmly pass.   These even look nice.

https://foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/crispy-treat-cheesecake-bars/

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8

I get nauseous just thinkingk about all the sugar in that crap.  Yuck!

3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

"Kind and thoughtful" and Meri are mutually exclusive.

That is a true statement.  Meri's picture should be in the dictionary under SELFISH.  

• Love 7

I doubt the Inn is getting any business, so is Pudge and Sludge and Meri eating all the goodies ( if you want to call it that) .... And I find it funny that she claims this is a top secret recipe - its just as guarded and its walls are up like Meri. And why are Audrey and snowflake STILL in Parawan ?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I went to Pinterest and found a recipe for it right away. Not so much a  secret there, Meri🙄 She's such a snob...Oh and the cookie butter rice crispy treats are on Pinterest too. No need to pay 45 dollars for Meri's. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

$29.95 for 8, plus shipping and taxes, according to the site. They do not give the size, or weight.

What planet does she inhabit?  There are over 13 million people unemployed in the US and she thinks she can get people ot pay $30 for something anybody can make for pennies?  Good lord, that woman.

• Love 10

If "Grandma Bonnie is a mathematician who loves ALL things math" perhaps she can help me solve a perplexing polygamist problem.

One narcissistic male + one arrogant 1st wife + one defeatist 2nd wife + one delusional 3rd wife + one conniving 4th wife = ???

• LOL 20
  • Love 3

Things like crispy rice treats are going to be stale by the time they get to their destinations, and they are the kinds of things kids can make - so let them make them at their own homes!

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

If "Grandma Bonnie is a mathematician who loves ALL things math" perhaps she can help me solve a perplexing polygamist problem.

One narcissistic male + one arrogant 1st wife + one defeatist 2nd wife + one delusional 3rd wife + one conniving 4th wife = ???

5 miserable people.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

Things like crispy rice treats are going to be stale by the time they get to their destinations, and they are the kinds of things kids can make - so let them make them at their own homes!

5 miserable people.

You forgot to add in all of the kids by any wife other than Robyn that Kody doesn't give two poops about.  They're probably miserable at times, too.

• Love 4

I wonder if she has the proper permits to sell her baked goods from home? Also, I wonder what the health inspector would say when he sees dog hair all over the kitchen. Plus the fact it does not look like they wear hair nets and we have seen skank Mariah cook and touch her face and hair.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder if she has the proper permits to sell her baked goods from home? Also, I wonder what the health inspector would say when he sees dog hair all over the kitchen. Plus the fact it does not look like they wear hair nets and we have seen skank Mariah cook and touch her face and hair.

When Mariah and Meri were demonstrating baking banana bread (of all things!) for Lizzie's 150 year celebrations, they had jerry-rigged barricades to the kitchen with random chairs from all over the house.

The look on Koda's face when the dog encountered these gates said it all....Wot's dis mom?  Pretty obvious it wasn't the norm, do they really expect people to believe that every time they cook, they race around the house gathering furniture to create walls?

• Love 7