Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

So, gamble and spend $6k without knowing what you’re getting.

Oh wait — we already know: a stay in a cold old house in cold ass Utah with a grating, conceited retreat organizer who serves stale Rice Krispie treats, cheap buffet food and hands out bags of leggings as “swag”.

Yeah that’s totally worth $6k 🙄 

Posted already!

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

Last time wasn't one of the activities a bike ride?  For many of us, we would need to know the activities in advance because a bike ride would not work for us.  

I'd never go to a Meri event, but considerations like that don't seem to occur to Meri or more likely don't matter to her.

I would like to know what accommodations she has should a disabled person want to join in the festivities.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 11
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Can you shove that bowl over to Tuxcat, please! 

Always looking out for my fellow posters 😋 You might need more “crap” if any of it starts to stick!      

Ok but seriously she wants people to sign up without knowing what activities she’s planning!?!?!… what if there’s activities that someone can’t participate in due to health or other reasons?

Wow she’s so bossy!… “Do this, Do that, STFU and send me money!!!.. I’ll tell you what you need to know when I decide you need to know it!!!! Be quiet!! Sit your ass down!! Eat what I give you!!” Don’t use more than 3 squares of toilet paper!!!! Shut the hell up!! Go to bed!!! Quit snoring before I stick a clothespin on your snout!!! GO HOME!!! Write me a positive review or I’ll come to your house and kick your ass!!!!  😳

I’m at the point where I’d pay not to be anywhere near her!                                          

She's unbearable.  I can't believe ANYONE wants to be in her lousy company!  

Still laughing at "clothespin on snout!"  🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

The hand towels are way up high on the top of the over-the-toilet cabinet unit.  Which is great if you're Wilt Chamberlain, I guess.  

I suppose this tiny bath has a small pedestal sink, so no room to put the towel holder there.  I hope there is a wall hook for a towel or something.  Or are people expected to climb up on the toilet to dry their hands?

I guess you could just use the bath towels, but then why bother with the hand towels at all?  Oh, that's right.  You're paying 6K so you deserve hand towels.  Not ones you can actually reach, though.

image.png.b71315e5b56e43121bad3982919abd7a.png

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • LOL 18
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The hand towels are way up high on the top of the over-the-toilet cabinet unit.  Which is great if you're Wilt Chamberlain, I guess.  

I suppose this tiny bath has a small pedestal sink, so no room to put the towel holder there.  I hope there is a wall hook for a towel or something.  Or are people expected to climb up on the toilet to dry their hands?

I guess you could just use the bath towels, but then why bother with the hand towels at all?  Oh, that's right.  You're paying 6K so you deserve hand towels.  Not ones you can actually reach, though.

The fuzzy toilet cover skeeves me out.  There is nothing sanitary about that.  Here, sit on this fluffy thing filled with fecal matter 🤮

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And the water on your hands would be running up to your armpits if you have to reach way up there for a towel. 

And do you have to back onto the toilet?

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It boggles my mind why she would think anyone in their right mind would pay this amount, now especially after posting the few pictures from the last failed attempt. The food she had catered (we saw the pictures) probably ran about 30.00 per person, the ice cream dump was probably less than 20.00 at the store. Her décor is old and reminds me of stuff you would buy at the thrift. The article Turtle posted above had a picture of this "luxurious" B&B bathroom which is a joke, heck a Motel 6 would be more grand and they would leave the light on for you

image.png.38da4eda453c30138ffd6ec33ddf29a1.png 

My first thought..my lord, its a johnny pole!

28 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The fuzzy toilet cover skeeves me out.  There is nothing sanitary about that.  Here, sit on this fluffy thing filled with fecal matter 🤮

Or boy pee.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

What is that white pipe thing on the right side of the toilet?

And what’s the black thing on the left side behind the toilet?? A stinky old black plunger?

I actually felt like barfing looking at that sea foam green fuzzy toilet seat cover, I don’t think I’ve seen that color since the 1980’s…. Doesn’t she know how gross those things are?? People rarely use them in their houses anymore because they’re so unsanitary but putting one in a B&B is so gross I can’t believe she did that!!  🤢🤮

FBFB1DF0-4C63-4724-A303-4DCC6F97C687.png

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

When I brought my house many moons ago (built in 59) there was a handmade cabinet over the toilet. At first didn't think too much of it. I had stuff in baskets like make up and I probably went broke with the amount of crap that fell into the toilet because I didn't close the lid. This almost looks like it was converted into a 1/2 bath from a closet. Yep kids, 6K will get you this and Meri. I would probably rather  be stuck in that tiny room for 2 days than with Meri anyway

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

What is that white pipe thing on the right side of the toilet?

FBFB1DF0-4C63-4724-A303-4DCC6F97C687.png

When I read "white pipe thing" I was hoping you'd spied a BONG because that's what I'd need, a few good hits off a bong to use that toilet!

I'd be tempted to shit in the waste basket rather than sit my ass on that green carpet cesspool of bacteria.

• LOL 10
44 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This almost looks like it was converted into a 1/2 bath from a closet. Yep kids, 6K will get you this and Meri. I would probably rather  be stuck in that tiny room for 2 days than with Meri anyway

It sure looks like 1/2 bath to me too. Which begs the question, why the bath towels? 

For that kind of money are guests expected to share the shower with someone lucky enough to have bathing facilities ensuite?  Or are they supposed to have a 3T bath (tummy,toes and tits) after a day of hiking or biking?

• LOL 9
38 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It sure looks like 1/2 bath to me too. Which begs the question, why the bath towels? 

For that kind of money are guests expected to share the shower with someone lucky enough to have bathing facilities ensuite?  Or are they supposed to have a 3T bath (tummy,toes and tits) after a day of hiking or biking?

Well I have it on good authority 😉 that this is the kitchen at Lizzies, so maybe you're supposed to haul your sweaty bike riding ass downstairs and bath while the cook reheats last nights leftover fried chicken.

<joking>

imageedit_1_8686532069.jpg

Edited by Munchkin
joke
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 15
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You're assuming this broom closet bathroom even has a sink.  🧼😬

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

My dear departed mother-in-law called it a PTA bath.  Pussy, tits and ass!  I still laugh when I think about it!  She was a hoot.

No private shower?  FTS!

• LOL 10
20 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Again with the objects beside the toilet. The black pipe on the left probably is a water supply for the tank but I can't figure the white item that looks like a cane.

I bet it's a toilet plunger like this one.  So tasteful to expect guests to do their own maintenance.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4

I assume the white cane thing is a toilet snake for clogs.  I would also be extremely icked out walking into that bathroom and seeing my towels hanging over the toilet.  I guess this means I am going to have to pass on ever going on a retreat at Lizzie's.  So bummed.  🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
19 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Does $6,000 mean I get my own room and bed? 

I think you do for the $6000, but not for the $4000 (I'm not sure about the $5000).  Considering I could stay in Waikiki for a month with my own place for $4000, I'll pass.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I can see Meri being annoyed with any noise (like snoring! as @Joan of Argh described her clothes-pinning their snout! 😀)  My guess on those stupid germ-riddled toilet lid covers is that they keep those pesky guests from slamming the lid down.  I remember snarking on those black washcloths to remove makeup, too.  No thanks!  

Meri probably counts the rolls of TP at checkout time, and tacks on an additional charge.  She's mean and stingy like that.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can see Meri being annoyed with any noise (like snoring! as @Joan of Argh described her clothes-pinning their snout! 😀)  My guess on those stupid germ-riddled toilet lid covers is that they keep those pesky guests from slamming the lid down.  I remember snarking on those black washcloths to remove makeup, too.  No thanks!  

Meri probably counts the rolls of TP at checkout time, and tacks on an additional charge.  She's mean and stingy like that.

For $250. - $300. a night regular rates for Lizzie's, you don't even seem to get little amenities like shampoo and conditioner as well as a nice bar of soap. Even $50. a night Econo Lodge provides that. No in room coffee/tea service either. You will enjoy those beverages when Meri deems it appropriate.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
36 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

For $250. - $300. a night regular rates for Lizzie's, you don't even seem to get little amenities like shampoo and conditioner as well as a nice bar of soap. Even $50. a night Econo Lodge provides that. No in room coffee/tea service either. You will enjoy those beverages when Meri deems it appropriate.

Smart marketing on Meri's part.  If I'm trapped at Lizzie's Heritage Inn and the only way I can get a cup of coffee is to purchase some LuLaRags from her, well then sign me up for a powder blue Carly shirt, a red and orange Sarah cardigan, and a pair of those limited edition demonic Minnie Mouse leggings, please.

• LOL 11
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Found a pic of another one of Meri’s bathrooms at Lizzie’s, she freaking loves these fuzzy green carpet toilet covers! 🤢🤮

47832C7F-4B0D-4897-816F-04B393E00AC6.png

She really needs to put some money into her money-maker. That bathroom is so drab and dated. Pink textured walls, ugh. The sconce over the mirror. The clam shell sink. The wall art (poster?) (in the mirror) and what looks like brick wallpaper (also in the mirror). Or is that a real brick wall? Anyway, it looks like a remodel from the 80s. I wonder if this is a sharing bathroom or the $6k one that you get all to yourself.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

A lot of the major hotels in the US are getting away from all the small toiletries like shampoo/conditioner in the showers and going with refillable dispensers to cut down on the waste. Whenever I travel and stay with family or friends I bring my own makeup wipes, she can easily buy the individually wrapped Neutrogena wipes and leave a few in the room. Amazon sells individually wrapped Q-tips as well. For 250 a night I would expect a little basket of these things, not some worn out black washcloth with specific instructions to use to wash my make up off with 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Did she pull this crap last time, when it was confirmed she had people attending who didn’t pay? Did she claim it was sold out?

Not that I saw, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

That bathroom is disgusting.  On top of all the unsanitary issues with the towel seat cover and towel placement, why the rose paper blue accent seat cover.  Nasty AND bad decor.  If I paid $6,000, I'd sue. Disgusting.  

I thought Wet Bar Meri prided herself on being the bougie one of the wives.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
On 1/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, Teri313 said:

Why in the world would she NOT give a description of what she's selling? How does that make any sense? What is she so afraid of?

Nobody giving her $4500 to $6000 for a weekend in bumfuck Utah??

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

“Private bed” as a selling point is too funny. 

Email from Costco travel today. I can go to Fiji, including flights and meals, for 7 days for around $4000. Who the hell is paying to stay at that sad B&B? 

Yeah, and isn't there a falling gown, needs to be condemned building across the road? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Yeah, and isn't there a falling gown, needs to be condemned building across the road? 

Sorry but I couldn’t resist… “a falling gown condemned building across the road”sounds like a strip joint from hell!!!  😂

Meanwhile I was looking at more pics of Lizzie’s and I’m wondering what this room costs and if you have to share the bed of nails with a ghost…. 😬

E658B5A8-7BEC-4B77-AEE8-00BBFA1D4DC5.png

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
8 hours ago, MrsKravitz said:

“Private bed” as a selling point is too funny. 

Email from Costco travel today. I can go to Fiji, including flights and meals, for 7 days for around $4000. Who the hell is paying to stay at that sad B&B? 

THIS. Also pretty much everything said to her on Instagram, except for a small percentage of blind followers (who also cannot afford it by their own admission). 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

There are comments on a recent post of Meri’s. So many praising her. You’re wonderful, blah blah. One that made me laugh, something like, you look beautiful, you should do a makeup tutorial, followed by a bunch of replies,  it’s a filter!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 12