Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

image.png.421caab82bf2dd1a11fdf26eced77c56.pngI do wonder whether those fundamentalist mormons are allowed to have a mirror 🤔

If she's allowed to have one, she obviously doesn't use it. How can someone as vain as Meri fail to see that her choice of clothing only emphasises what she is desperately trying to hide? The bright, tucked in shirt with the short and too small jacket both strongly emphasize her ever expanding waist. The skirt is very unfortunate in itself making her look like a sausage in its skin....

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

I do wonder whether those fundamentalist mormons are allowed to have a mirror

I bet she is absolutely furious that someone posted an honest and revealing picture that makes her look absolutely enormous in that truly hideous outfit.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 5/15/2022 at 6:23 AM, TurtlePower said:

Wow, that’s inspiring. Makes me wanna join right up. Let’s all look like wobblebottoms in unflattering clothes designed by people who clearly hate women.   🙄

This is really at the heart of the LLR thing that I have never understood.  Now I am all for wearing whatever the heck you want to wear if it makes you feel GOOD.  But these clothes?  They are tight, polyester, clingy, sweat-inducing, hideous collections of cheap flimsy fabric that sticks to your skin and highlights bulges and bumps, in psychedelic colors never before known to mankind.  The clothes are 100% designed to draw attention, and not necessarily positive attention due to the purposefully clashing patterns.  This is completely at odds with empowering women to feel good about themselves, IMO, and the powers that be at LLR are doing that on purpose.  I do think that some of the clothes are more forgiving but then I look at the ensemble Meri chose to speak in front of a group of people and she cannot possibly be comfortable in that getup, either physically (since we know she can't lift her arms in her toddler-sized jacket nor take a normal human stride in that skirt), but mentally too - it just does not look good, period.  She could've put on a sheath dress and one of those duster cardigans, still worn her LLR but looked 100% better.

So I think there has to be some kind of bizarre mindbending going on here where LLR consultants actually think these outfits look fantastic on them when many times, they look like they literally grabbed three items out of the bottom of the laundry basket and got dressed in the dark.  It's like, the more bizarre the outfit, the more they are lauded.  When I look at Meri, all I can think of is, how can she even take a deep breath wearing that getup?

ALSO: Meri's new BFF calls herself an "entertrainer?"  Please, do NOT let this word become part of our lexicon.  Please.  I cannot.  Just NO.

/rant - need more coffee

• Love 23
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This is really at the heart of the LLR thing that I have never understood.  Now I am all for wearing whatever the heck you want to wear if it makes you feel GOOD.  But these clothes?  They are tight, polyester, clingy, sweat-inducing, hideous collections of cheap flimsy fabric that sticks to your skin and highlights bulges and bumps, in psychedelic colors never before known to mankind.  The clothes are 100% designed to draw attention, and not necessarily positive attention due to the purposefully clashing patterns.  This is completely at odds with empowering women to feel good about themselves, IMO, and the powers that be at LLR are doing that on purpose.  I do think that some of the clothes are more forgiving but then I look at the ensemble Meri chose to speak in front of a group of people and she cannot possibly be comfortable in that getup, either physically (since we know she can't lift her arms in her toddler-sized jacket nor take a normal human stride in that skirt), but mentally too - it just does not look good, period.  She could've put on a sheath dress and one of those duster cardigans, still worn her LLR but looked 100% better.

So I think there has to be some kind of bizarre mindbending going on here where LLR consultants actually think these outfits look fantastic on them when many times, they look like they literally grabbed three items out of the bottom of the laundry basket and got dressed in the dark.  It's like, the more bizarre the outfit, the more they are lauded.  When I look at Meri, all I can think of is, how can she even take a deep breath wearing that getup?

ALSO: Meri's new BFF calls herself an "entertrainer?"  Please, do NOT let this word become part of our lexicon.  Please.  I cannot.  Just NO.

/rant - need more coffee

I think the odd patterns are an extreme version of " You can't tell ME what to do" plus a group of people with no fashion sense.  I understand this because I have negative fashion sense and wear what is comfortable. I do not care what other people think. People fuss about Janelle about what she wears....it is not fashionable..I understand her in that regard.  Would I wear what Mari sells? No it looks tight, hot and just uncomfortable. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I'm not a fashionista and prefer comfortable natural fibers, but I do know and avoid wearing things that look horrible on me.  I have pale legs like Meri and never wear clodhoppers with ankle straps and 3/4 length tight skirts that only show the widest parts of my calves or blocky clothes that "chop" me up into short pieces. So it's long pants with no skin showing or occasionally long skirts with either riding boots in cool weather or light sandals in summer.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13

Comfort is number one for me. I just don’t see LuLaNo as being comfortable. Of course I could be wrong. I can normally tell just by looking at a piece of clothing though, in person. I don’t think I’ve seen a picture of a piece of LuLaNo that I thought, boy does that look comfortable. 👀

• Love 11

All that 100% "pure" polyester clinging to the curves looks uncomfortable as well as an eyesore.  The garments may hang better if the polyester was combined with cotton. 

The only piece that saves some of the outfits is layering with those mid-thigh cardigans they sell.  Still uncomfortable, but visually more appealing.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Look, Imma trucker's wife and I LIVE on the road.  I've no fashion sense to speak of so I've no room to talk. I dream of clearance racks filled with workaday clothes that can stand up to my lifestyle that also look a little feminine at the same time. Just because  I'm a trucker doesn't mean I don't wanna smell and look presentable!  

There are days that I reek of diesel fumes, city driving, and truckstop food.  I bet that I STILL look better than Meri does in those God-awful lulano rags.

It's not that the clothes are torn or dirty, they are just HORRIBLE.  PERIOD.  What grown woman wants to run around like that? What woman wants her fat rolls on display through a viciously thin fabric covered in Eiffel Tower penises? 

That outfit she's wearing is hideous! On top of that, she's TOO BIG for it!

Sheesh!

How dare you! You take that back! Those were LEANING TOWER OF PISA penises!

For real though I'm certain you look better on your worst day than any lulano shiller wears on their best. The fabric is thin and cheap, the prints clash with literally everything, and the cuts are universally unflattering. I have a question for you about trucking but I'll send it to small talk.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 5/18/2022 at 9:50 AM, laurakaye said:

/rant - need more coffee

This is wearing clothes that are at least 2-4 sizes too small for a person.  Agree that some people think they look really good.  I have always been very self conscious about how i look in my clothes.  I would never wear that outfit that she has on.  Mainly because it doesn't fit.  Also very much no on the shoes.  I have to wear heavy safety shoes at work.  Don't want to wear them on my days off.  Those shoes she has on look very heavy.  

• Love 11
On 5/18/2022 at 9:50 AM, laurakaye said:

/rant - need more coffee

I think it's called something like Serial dependence. It's where you think you're thinner than you are, and you see yourself that way in the mirror. It's like the brain hasn't caught your past self up to your present self.  

It's really interesting, and I know I have moments where I've caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window or something, and I didn't recognize me for a few beats. (I know there is body dysmorphia, but I feel the serial dependence comes without the self-loathing and obsessing about flaws)

In honor of LulaNo, I've started calling it Fashion Dysmorphia, because no matter how you accessorize that crap it never, ever looks good, but they all seem to think of themselves as fashion plates.

I'm really not one to talk as I'm surprised I haven't made it to People of Walmart over the years. 😂 I'm a jeans and tees gal. Or tees and shorts in the summer. I even sometimes commit the cardinal sin of wearing no-show socks with sandals! (Well, actually I often wear my husband's slides because shoes hurt)

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I watched an old episode of
"Guilty or Innocent" last night and the man had a public defender who is a large blonde lady and she was gorgeous, her clothing, her make-up, her hair everything was so nicely done that I really didn't pay any attention to her size.

Meri could look so much better if she'd ditch the LuLaNOOO and wear clothing that actually fits her and doesn't emphasize her worst features.

• Love 12

I barely finished one paragraph before my eyes glazed over. I see at the end she kisses Diane’s rear end 🙄

Did Meri thank all the women who bought Lularot from her? Aka made he bank account nice and full? 

• Love 13

I was surprised when Meri walked on set during the S16 Tell All. Meri looked and walked like a swamp moose. Then this hideous picture. Omgosh. 

I'm not rail thin, never have been, but I can pull together ensembles from Cato clearance racks, TJ Maxx sales, Goodwill even, and look better than this. She's bigger than Janelle. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I was surprised when Meri walked on set during the S16 Tell All. Meri looked and walked like a swamp moose. Then this hideous picture. Omgosh. 

I'm not rail thin, never have been, but I can pull together ensembles from Cato clearance racks, TJ Maxx sales, Goodwill even, and look better than this. She's bigger than Janelle. 

Both Janelle and Meri have the talent to pick outfits that emphasize the wrong parts of your body. Take Meri’s pep talk pictures for example. Sorry, Meri but you look like a sausage over there. It’s all too tight and the waistline and black jacket puts all the emphasis on your hips, which is perhaps not what you intended…

At leasr Janelle owns her body. She knows she’s overweight and doesn’t try to cover it up with lies and filters.

• Love 7

There must be very small, sneaky incremental steps of brainwashing these women to get them to believe they look good in LLR clothes.  Imagine you decide to go to the store in a fuzzy pink and purple striped floor length cardigan, lime green Crocs with a neon blue scarf around your head - the first time you wear it out, you must feel ridiculous and wonder if everyone is looking at you (they are).  But then all of your new 500 best Instagram friends tell you how amazing you look!  And you should add in those demonic Chihuahua-print leggings to the ensemble to really pull it together!  So you do because your "friends" told you to and why would they lie?  But what's the tipping point where you think you actually look like a rockstar in that outfit?  When do you go sashaying out to pick up milk and eggs and truly believe that everyone staring at you hates you because they ain't you?  That's what I would love to know.  That's why this cult fascinates me.  It seems to prey on women who want a self-esteem boost from wearing clothes designed to do just the opposite.

Even Meri seems uncomfortable in that conference outfit.  Just based on her posture, she seems to know that she can't carry off a tight pencil skirt and a size XS jacket, but she stuffs herself into it anyway, when we've seen her in looser LLR clothes that actually work for her.  Is there a LuLaRule that you have to size down two sizes?  It wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

THIS. I was thinking lumbering grizzly bear ready for winter. Her hunched-over posture combine with her clothing choices do her no favours.

I’m not rail thin either (size 8/10) and know what does — and doesn’t — look good on me. I would not have gone onstage at an event in clothes that made me look like a grizzly sow walking on her hind legs in search of her next pre-hibernation meal. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But then all of your new 500 best Instagram friends tell you how amazing you look!  And you should add in those demonic Chihuahua-print leggings to the ensemble to really pull it together!  So you do because your "friends" told you to and why would they lie?

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

It takes some kind of guts to go on stage wearing that costume.  I'm not sure if it is bravery or total unawareness, though.  That is just sad.

May I recommend reading Anderson’s fairytale  of The Emperor’s New Clothes?

Meri’d latest ‘fashion statement’ reminded me of this story. There are some interesting psychological aspects to fairytales.😉

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I see plenty of women squeezing into too small clothes. It’s very unflattering. One should dress to the body they have not the body they think they have.

No man is gonna stalk Meri when she is dressed like that. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I see plenty of women squeezing into too small clothes. It’s very unflattering. One should dress to the body they have not the body they think they have.

No man is gonna stalk Meri when she is dressed like that. 

Fit and proportion are so important when choosing clothes—especially if one is not model-thin. It doesn’t matter what style one prefers as much as it matters how the cut and fabric fall on your body. Color obviously matters, too, but if you like color, go for it, I say.

Meri’s outfit is wrong on all levels. Her jacket is too dark, too small and too short. Her skirt is too long, clingy, and the wrong color print for her. And the shoes! No.

Now, I’m no fashionista. I go for comfort ( preferably cotton casual) most days. But if I have to dress up, I keep those pointers in mind— particularly if I were to have a public speaking engagement that is going to be posted online.

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

It takes some kind of guts to go on stage wearing that costume.  I'm not sure if it is bravery or total unawareness, though.  That is just sad.

She may have one of those carnival mirrors that makes her look taller than thinner than she really is.

I've seen many swamp moose and grizzly bears and all were very well muscled and the perfect weight for their height, even the moose that had just given birth to twins.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

And what's worse; they'll then file a complaint because the model is all wrong or the sizing is incorrect...

Nearly half of the fashion disasters that are published for fun in newspapers or on bored panda are not real disasters, just people getting the size wrong. The rest is about people who order "ball gowns" or "wedding dresses" for less than $100 from China and are then shocked to find it looks like a curtain...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

And the thing about LLR type clothes are that they're all stretchy fabrics so they can convince themselves they're 1 or 2 sizes smaller than they are.

And don't they come in just two or three sizes anyway?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

And what's worse; they'll then file a complaint because the model is all wrong or the sizing is incorrect...

Nearly half of the fashion disasters that are published for fun in newspapers or on bored panda are not real disasters, just people getting the size wrong. The rest is about people who order "ball gowns" or "wedding dresses" for less than $100 from China and are then shocked to find it looks like a curtain...

I made the mistake of ordering a black dress from Amazon.  I usually wear a size 12, and this one was so tight in the bust, I couldn't zip it.  Bummer!

Meri squeezes herself into clothes that are at least a size too small.  Those tiny little jackets she wears look ridiculous.  Too tight skirts and pants just emphasize what she needs to minimize.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 5/23/2022 at 6:06 AM, LilyD said:

Both Janelle and Meri have the talent to pick outfits that emphasize the wrong parts of your body. Take Meri’s pep talk pictures for example. Sorry, Meri but you look like a sausage over there. It’s all too tight and the waistline and black jacket puts all the emphasis on your hips, which is perhaps not what you intended…

At leasr Janelle owns her body. She knows she’s overweight and doesn’t try to cover it up with lies and filters.

Sausage. OMgoshh. Southerner that i am, when I read that, I thought 

BOUDAIN!!

• Love 9

And no masks!  Given that we heard Kody and Robyn aren't vaccinated and we know Sol had a childhood disease and Aurora has anxiety, do we think that Meri is their new nanny?  🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Way to suck up to Kootie and the Chyn!

No such post for Savanah...or does she have another year til graduation?

Exactly and maybe Brianna constantly showed Meri kindness and greeted her with a smile because Meri was never allowed to be a nasty old bitch to her like she was to Janelle or Christine’s kids.

It makes me sick the way Meri fawns all over Robyn’s kids.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly and maybe Brianna constantly showed Meri kindness and greeted her with a smile because Meri was never allowed to be a nasty old bitch to her like she was to Janelle or Christine’s kids.

I think she stayed close to Ysabel for a while too though. On rewatch Ysabel was always in Meri's lap for a good many years. Then I think after the major "wall building" the kids split from Meri too. Definitely think Meri favored Robyn's kids.

Did Savannah already graduate? I don't recall seeing any posts about her graduation. I thought Savannah was older or the same year as Breanna.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Way to suck up to Kootie and the Chyn!

No such post for Savanah...or does she have another year til graduation?

Hmmm.  Savanah is ~7 mos older than Breanna, who turns 17 in July whereas Savanah will be 1 in December.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same — it always appears like it’s a performance for Meri in order to gain approval from Kody. The thing is, people see right through it;  Meri plays these games with very poorly constructed camouflage.

The way Meri does this reminds me of a kid at the pool trying to impress their parent: “Look! Look at me! Mom WATCH me!” And then on when attention is on them, they do the thing. That’s what Meri is doing, she’s very publicly over-acting and showing off. It drives me bonkers when she does this. No one in her inner circle calls her out on it, either.

I don’t know why she tries. She’ll never get Kody back in her life as anything other than an unwilling acquaintance. Meri has wholly been rejected and replaced by Robyn — who was her idea— and for that Robyn must be feeling a bit of a power trip over Meri’s desperate actions.

Additionally, Meri’s sucking up won’t repair the years of abuse she doled out onto the other wives’ kids. I really wish the other wives/kids would let her have it and when Meri cries “walls”, they attack her even harder. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CherryBelly said:

It's what Meri does when talking about anyone. She has a lot of narcissistic traits so she always focuses on what this person does for her. This is what they do for ME . This is how they make ME feel. She does it even with little kids and dogs, it's always all about how they make Meri feel.

I would like to think is she had more children of her own, she would have been a happier person.  Not that she is not happy.  But it had to hurt with the other wives having child after child.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Wow, Breanna's really pretty! She does look a lot like Robyn, but a much better version. 
..and look at those eyebrows! The other women in that family need to take note.

She probably had them professionally done, along with her hair. Both are lighter than her natural colour.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5