Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Oh, those Scamps!  Someone should call security for the fake smiles and forced joviality.

Not to mention she's at least a decade older than the rest of them.  Nice of them to hang out with Grandma LulaNo...

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Janc said:

Not to mention she's at least a decade older than the rest of them.  Nice of them to hang out with Grandma LulaNo...

Well, her so-called "bonus" daughter Maddie is a mom, so Meri is then by definition, Grandma LuLaNo! ;)

Such madcap doings, those crazy gals get up to.  What will they amuse us with, next?!

• Love 3

Once again, the artful use of knots in a vain attempt to give style, substance and body to a flimsy garment.

I am glad for her that she has found the people of her tribe, I guess family doesn't count when enumerating those that she loves.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That pink schmatta and those shoes are a hard NO.

I love this so much! I understood from context what you meant, but had to look up the translation out of curiosity - I can’t imagine a better word to describe the whole LulaNo oeuvre!

Schmatta: A rag (from Yiddish שמאַטע shmate, from Polish szmata) (OED); also means junk or low-quality merchandise: "Don't buy from Silverman; all he sells is schmatta."

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Shieldmaiden said:

I love this so much! I understood from context what you meant, but had to look up the translation out of curiosity - I can’t imagine a better word to describe the whole LulaNo oeuvre!

Schmatta: A rag (from Yiddish שמאַטע shmate, from Polish szmata) (OED); also means junk or low-quality merchandise: "Don't buy from Silverman; all he sells is schmatta."

Lol, thanks! It's honestly the first word that came to mind when I saw that get-up.

53 minutes ago, suomi said:

Yiddish is da bomb. Gets the point across masterfully while pleasing the speaker's tongue. In my best USMC DI voice: Sounds good. Tastes good. 

I agree, I love Yiddish too!

A little personal story to show how much I love my husband: One of my favorite Yiddish words is schmutz, which means dirt. When Mr. Gothish and I first started dating, I used the word and he recoiled in horror - apparently to him it is one of those words (like moist or pus, etc)  that is too descriptive and just completely squicks him out. So I had to remove that wonderful word from my lexicon, lol. The things we do for love!

• Love 13

Many years ago, I had a boyfriend who one evening asked me why I was wearing "that schmatta." I had never heard the word before, and I'm sure I dumped the offensive garment as soon as I found out. Later, I dumped him, but that's another story. 

• Love 13

Those stupid knots and those dumb dusters make me batty.

The color combination is bad, too.  Think some young hot millionaire is going to lust after Meri, looking like that?  Uh-uh.  She has a better chance of winning tonight's Lotto.

• Love 6
On 10/22/2018 at 8:34 AM, ginger90 said:

Meri’s definition of shenanigans, must be different than mine! Of course, she thinks she’s IN the escalator, shenanigans indeed!

LLR made all of their consultants make some crazy fucking videos. They were all so cringeworthy. Maybe that’s what she was referring to. 

Also, most of the mentors and top 100 LLR consultants have quit. LLR hasn’t come out with any new product in months and they’ve let go (or he quit) their head designer and stylist. Word on the proverbial street is that that bankruptcy is on the horizon for LLR. Tons of top 100’s are starting their own boutiques. 

• Love 6
Just now, Galloway Cave said:

PERFECT time for Christine to jump on the LLR bandwagon!

Yeah, the people who are on boarding to LLR is waaaaay down. Everything in their onboarding boxes have been returns from consultants who have GOOB. LLR didn’t make any new Halloween leggings and aren’t doing Christmas either. They owe consultants millions of dollars and people have been waiting almost a year for their refund. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

They owe consultants millions of dollars and people have been waiting almost a year for their refund. 

So are these conventions and big events that Meri goes to all the time sponsored by the company or other LLR wingnuts? Can't wait for the riots to begin when the die-hard fans realize they aren't getting their creepy seasonal leggings!

So are we taking bets on Meri's next financial adventure? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

So are these conventions and big events that Meri goes to all the time sponsored by the company or other LLR wingnuts? Can't wait for the riots to begin when the die-hard fans realize they aren't getting their creepy seasonal leggings!

So are we taking bets on Meri's next financial adventure? 

Full on speculation here, but I wonder if the warehouse/industrial space they rented in Flagstaff may be used for filming and also as a division of MSW Closet.  They could store and ship the Lularags from there and give the garments catchy names like, Be Meri, Be Christine and Be Mad (for Maddie's inventory). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sandy, don't give them ideas, or they may want you to work for them!  LuLaRags, what an apt name.

If the LLR company is in financial trouble, how can they still be sponsoring these trips?  Makes no sense to me.

I can't remember where I read this, it was one of the many sites for disgruntled MLM's.  

A husband attended one of the LLR cruises and gave his account of the trip.  He said he was embarrassed by the rah-rah performances by the LLR reps. particularly as they were exiting one of their mandatory pep rallies.  I think he said the split of regular vacationers to LLR was about 50/50 and he overheard a lot of negative comments regarding the enjoyment of the cruise by people that were there just to have a relaxing trip.  He said that because the LLR reps wanted to take their meals together, the line-ups for buffet or dining rooms were horrific.

As I recall, the only thing LLR paid for was the cost of the cruise itself for the rep.  Meals and transportation to the port of embarkment were on the rep.  He didn't expect that his way should be paid, but he felt that for the $1000++ that he and his wife had spent, it simply wasn't worth it.  

• Love 6

Well...things weren't so idyllic tonight in LLR land according to Meri who blamed all 151 people who joined her broadcast for all having internet issues at the same time. Amazing how that can happen. #whowouldwanttowatchanyway #thatshardlyliving #arepeoplestillbuyingthisstuff

5bd2a2e198915_ScreenShot2018-10-25at9_56_54PM.thumb.jpg.0a795f30569bc2b3d4f9ced01d0e454d.jpg

• Love 11

I've been reading some LLR horror stories in threads at Reddit from 7-14 days ago, mostly about what was learned at the woke LLR FB site where they were posting about Meri being a bitch. It's a closed group called LuLaRoe Defective/Ripped /Torn Leggings And Clothes where former sellers gripe and snark together (current sellers ban their members when they catch them belonging to the gripe group - I guess the mods float the member list for the right incentive? I didn't get that part). So, you got your uplines, your sponsors and your mentors. And your Top 100 consultants, who appear to have immunity from the compliance codes that the lessers must follow. Such as offering items at discount and promoting the offering of the discounts. I read a long tiff about it between a consultant and her sponsor, which was tossed to a mentor. IIRC there were some posts here about static in LLR because Meri was using her D-list status to promote her items illegally. Sales are now so slow that at the last conference (Meri was there, right?), 30 sellers exited the Top 100. Near the bottom of the totem pole are those who will unload 1000s (!) of pieces at a huge loss. At the very bottom of the totem pole, scorn or sympathy is directed at those who signed on within the last year because they are assured of losing everything they invested - Maddie, Christine, Mariah (?). Sellers who cancel out before returning their merch are better off than those who return their merch with their cancellation because refunds are slow in coming and much less than anticipated. Aaaand the topper is that LLR is nearing bankruptcy and about to change its refund policy from cash to credit. Meri will come the fuck unglued when LLR goes under. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 14

Wait, she's saying 151 people all had a problem at once?  Man, she is a master at passing the blame to anyone but herself.  Grow a pair, Meri, and acknowledge your own failings for once.  This witch has not one redeeming feature....

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I don't understand how she is one of their top sellers with an attitude like that.

And there it is, making an appearance: Actual, blame-it-on-everyone-else, Meri. 

I'm surprised she is a top seller, too, with that attitude. Instead of saying something like, "Hey guys, I'm really sorry, not sure what's going on here. Give me some time to work the problem and we'll reschedule. Thanks for being patient with me!", she blames their internet.

I suspect she knows it IS on her end because she she said she needs to "move to a different location". Whoops, you slipped there, Meri. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

How snotty can she be?  In Meri's mind, she's still HBIC, and therefore entitled to be nasty as she wants to be.  The wonder of it is that her followers don't call her out on her shit.  

If they do, she replies with a snide comment and blocks them.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I'm surprised she is a top seller, too, with that attitude. Instead of saying something like, "Hey guys, I'm really sorry, not sure what's going on here. Give me some time to work the problem and we'll reschedule. Thanks for being patient with me!", she blames their internet.

Exactly!  It wouldn't have taken any more time or energy to type a message like that.  Even if she was still grumbling on the inside, sometimes in customer service you just have to suck it up and put on a happy face.

6 hours ago, suomi said:

Meri will come the fuck unglued when LLR goes under. 

And, frankly, now that she's shown her true colors I am HERE FOR IT!  

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Exactly!  It wouldn't have taken any more time or energy to type a message like that.  Even if she was still grumbling on the inside, sometimes in customer service you just have to suck it up and put on a happy face.

And, frankly, now that she's shown her true colors I am HERE FOR IT!  

Me too.  I feel sorry for the sellers recruited into what seems like a doomed business.  I won't feel the tiniest bit sorry to see Meri's "business" go under, and it would serve Ms. Bitchy right to be stuck with entire roomfuls of the most horrendous printed ugly crap clothes ever dreamed up, by a woman-hating so-called "designer."

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

The wonder of it is that her followers don't call her out on her shit.  

The wonder of it is that she HAS followers.  As well as those who defend her behavior.  It's a mystery to me.

• Love 14

There were also comments on Reddit re problems with black garments, especially those from the all-black Noir collection in 2017. Those in the know claim that returned merch was dyed black after being bleached to remove (some of) the original colors, resulting in complaints about black dye bleeding badly onto skin even if washed before wearing. Woe to those who didn't wash the garments with like colors! And with enough washing the original pattern would "show" under the black. Residual bleach would repel the dye, right? 'cause you just know they weren't doing enough rinses to thoroughly remove the bleach. Meri's apparent success thus far dumbfounds me, given her shitty personality in addition to a shitty product. 

• Love 14
On 10/19/2018 at 11:49 AM, ginger90 said:

Perhaps the pictures she posts of her posing in front of a wall actually mean something . Hmmmm. 

Flashbacks:

6B13E39A-C667-4F73-9320-2966632E7703.jpeg

AD408B43-8DAF-410A-A48A-7445E1729CA9.jpeg

10B5BA9C-69FC-4F8D-AE20-4A6B70EC0611.jpeg

Would someone get her a jacket that fits?  Man, this looks WAY too small.  Less said about that hat the better.  Her jeans look like there are fraying at the hip seam area.

• Love 4
On 10/22/2018 at 9:16 PM, BradandJanet said:

Many years ago, I had a boyfriend who one evening asked me why I was wearing "that schmatta." I had never heard the word before, and I'm sure I dumped the offensive garment as soon as I found out. Later, I dumped him, but that's another story. 

First time I heard that word was from Shattered by Rolling Stones when I was a kid.

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta, I can't give it away on 7th Avenue
This town's been wearing tatters (shattered, sha ooobie shattered)

Love the word.  That schmatta she is wearing might make an ok robe.  A robe that won't last and is overpriced but certainly not how she is wearing it.

• Love 4

That posing is the LLR principle called Shopping The Body. Wear that shit everywhere, all the time, every day, talk it up and post lots of photos because every pair of eyeballs is a potential sale. The other big, basic principle is called Fake It Til You Make It. The fur is gonna fly when Christine, Maddie and Mariah end up losing what they invested.  ($4-6K each). 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

Wear that shit everywhere, all the time, every day, talk it up and post lots of photos because every pair of eyeballs is a potential sale.

They can count out my eyeballs as a potential sale.  Just looking at that crap gives me a migraine.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

They can count out my eyeballs as a potential sale.  Just looking at that crap gives me a migraine.

Ditto!

Shop that body, Meri!  

If there's anything I can't stand, it's a blouse or jacket that's three sizes too small, and no way in hell it can be buttoned or zipped.  Why bother?  Fashion, my ass.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Does anyone know what "Living my why" actually means? I get "Because I can", but that one has me stumped. 

A while ago I clicked on that hashtag. Many of the results were LuLaNo related. Perhaps it’s suggested by them? 

To me, it comes across as them saying they were called to sell, and it’s their purpose in life.

• Love 4

Every seller is told to figure out her own Why because it's personal and different for everyone. After you figure out what your Why is you follow through by Living it. One example:

Becoming a LuLaRoe consultant has changed my and my family’s lives forever. So, what is my WHY? I am doing this so that I can provide for my family. I want my kids to understand that hard work, dedication, passion and believing in yourself will lead to success. I especially want my little girl to know that women can be strong, confident, passionate and successful. I hope to one day be able to support my parents financially and be able to provide them with a comfortable life. Last but not least, I want to be able to empower women to love themselves for who they are, no matter what size, shape or color they are. Everyone deserves to feel loved and beautiful and LuLaRoe has given me and my team the opportunity to spread this message!

Thank you, LuLaRoe!!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-i-became-lularoe-consultant-whats-your-sunny-lee

• Love 4

That whole "Why" just made me cringe. So saccharine and ridiculous. No way can this woman support her family and parents on LuLaNo. Watching Mommy struggle to sell ugly clothes online is not going to teach kids about confidence, success or believing in yourself. It may show that you are willing to do a lot of hard work for so little.  And seriously, empowering women to love themselves by wearing crotch-grabbing Santa leggings and migraine-inspiring dresses? But I'm sure she had 1/5 of a cruise paid for by that lovely little comment.

• Love 17

Wow, that woman really drank the Koolaid, didn't she. How could anyone with access to the Internet buy the  load of baloney that they sell?  One look at the crappy construction, cheap materials, and heinous patterns should have clued her that this is not the road to Paradise.  Maybe she's figuring that when it all tanks and she's stuck with several thousand dollars worth of rags it will teach her children how to handle adversity.  Or bankruptcy.

And what does shape, size, or color have to do with selling sub-par merchandise?  Could that drivel be any more saccharine?

• Love 8

Also, anyone paying in the mid 600's in LV would expect more than builders basic in the trim.  Those homes all have the narrowest baseboards made, no window casements, carpeting that shows wear after 7 years and no crown mouldings.  They did upgrade to granite over arborite,  but that seemed to be their only concession to upgrades.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Also, anyone paying in the mid 600's in LV would expect more than builders basic in the trim.  Those homes all have the narrowest baseboards made, no window casements, carpeting that shows wear after 7 years and no crown mouldings.  They did upgrade to granite over arborite,  but that seemed to be their only concession to upgrades.

But...but...the WET BAR! Just think, for a piddly $650,000 or so of pocket change...YOU could be the proud owner of THE WET BAR!!  The one and only!  The iconic and truly famous wet bar!!

• Love 11
On 10/26/2018 at 12:32 AM, Galloway Cave said:

I don't understand how she is one of their top sellers with an attitude like that.

Because really it's not about how much you actually sell.... LLR only cares how much you buy from them. That's how they figure out their 'top sellers'.  It really should be 'top buyers' 

• Love 15