Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri is one unhappy bitch, and I do not feel sorry for her one whit.  Fuck her and her crappy fake marriage, her Lizzie's B & B, and that LLR shit she sells.

"I believe in living this lifestyle.  It just makes each of us better."  Well, dear Meri, if you are now "better," I would have hated to see worse.

You're not hearing her right. She's actually saying, "It just makes each of us BITTER."  ;-)

• Love 13

From what was said on the show (and has been demonstrated in real life as she is still selling LLR from from Vegas house) she doesn't even intend to be there most of the time.  Christine's mom, who is probably thrilled to get out of the cul de sac, will be running it, supposedly.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, toodles said:

I don't get this B & B.  Was the house in the family?  Where did she get the $$$ from?

Yes, it was her great-grandmother's house. The one thing that she doesn't share with all of the other wives and Kody is that one great grandmother. 

• Love 2

Does this all mean Meri will be returning for another season?  If so this potential watcher of the series is sitting on the fence.  I said goodbye to the housewifes of NY and BH and I might just say goodbye to Sister Wives. 

Two, three seasons of Meri...enough.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yes, it was her great-grandmother's house. The one thing that she doesn't share with all of the other wives and Kody is that one great grandmother. 

Thanks.  Merry Christmas, friend.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, toodles said:

brealI don't get this B & B.  Was the house in the family?  Where did she get the $$$ from?

I don't know where the money came from, could it be LLR?  The home had passed out of the family after 4 generations, according to what I have read and was operating as Victoria's Bed & Breakfast (website still up) when Meri bought it.  Meri carried on about all the hard, hard work she had put into this effort, but the only changes I see comparing the two websites are new beds and bedding.  Same dated wallpapers, with faux wainscotting and ceiling borders.  No pictures I have seen of Meri's kitchen or bathrooms, so that may have been a renovation.   Possibly what she meant by hard work was flogging all those LLR leggings to make the downpayment.  I can't help but wonder if Kody is financially involved, he was front and center at the ribbon cutting. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I don't know where the money came from, could it be LLR?  The home had passed out of the family after 4 generations, according to what I have read and was operating as Victoria's Bed & Breakfast (website still up) when Meri bought it.  Meri carried on about all the hard, hard work she had put into this effort, but the only changes I see comparing the two websites are new beds and bedding.  Same dated wallpapers, with faux wainscotting and ceiling borders.  No pictures I have seen of Meri's kitchen or bathrooms, so that may have been a renovation.   Possibly what she meant by hard work was flogging all those LLR leggings to make the downpayment.  I can't help but wonder if Kody is financially involved, he was front and center at the ribbon cutting. 

I don’t understand how she could be approved to buy it.  With her huge mortgage on her credit.  She must be able to pass debt to income standards.  How, boggles my mind. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I don’t understand how she could be approved to buy it.  With her huge mortgage on her credit.  She must be able to pass debt to income standards.  How, boggles my mind. 

I wonder if because it was a viable business when she bought it would have any bearing on loan.  If she rented 8 rooms a week at $150. that would gross her about $1200. per week, all she would have to do would be to convince the lender that she would operate the business as diligently as previous owners.  Unless she has someone else manage the B&B and hire people for cleaning and laundry, her expenses should be minimal.  Just slam down some tater tots and mock tapioca puddin' at the guests for breakfast and send them on their Meri way.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, toodles said:

I don't get this B & B.  Was the house in the family?  Where did she get the $$$ from?

I watched the first hour of the 2 hour premier (it's up on TLC Go) and she talks about it some there - needing to talk to the family about $, etc.

Hour 1 doesn't show a family convo so no clue how that went, but I'm assuming from that it was going to take more than just LLR and whatever amount of the SW money she may get directly.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder if because it was a viable business when she bought it would have any bearing on loan.  If she rented 8 rooms a week at $150. that would gross her about $1200. per week, all she would have to do would be to convince the lender that she would operate the business as diligently as previous owners.  Unless she has someone else manage the B&B and hire people for cleaning and laundry, her expenses should be minimal.  Just slam down some tater tots and mock tapioca puddin' at the guests for breakfast and send them on their Meri way.

Christine's mom is going to run it. 

Hmmm...so on Policies page it says: "No Pets. Please call for help in making arrangements to board your pet." But then on the Shop page, she'll take your $150 Pet Deposit--although actually $50 of it is a non-refundable fee. And I've been unable to find a concierge service link mentioned in this awkward sentence:  "Should your travels be including a flight and purchasing pet food will be a challenge, please view our concierge service and our Inn's staff would be happy to assist!"  

That's one terrifying welcome when she opens the front door and shouts at us in her Vlog post. Also, so professionally done. [yeah, sarcasm.] 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I found this (see below) in reference to that tweet Meri put out a few days ago that made us--and apparently many others--think she was having trouble with Kody or the other wives. Well, she's denying this and in fact tweeted out a snarky response to concerned followers: "That moment you just have to roll your eyes at the silliness of people who think they know you. Maybe a quote I tweet just means let people who have issues with you have their issues. Their issue isn't your problem, don't let it ruin your day." #NotGoingAnywhere #Relax #YourIssue

Seriously? Given all the crap Kody has said to her about their relationship (and how he's just not that into her any more)? And then there was the tweet about how faith is supposed to hurt. She posts cryptic "poor me" shit and then responds with "I'm ok, it's THEIR problem." What are people supposed to think when she posts that kind of stuff? And then for her to get mad at them? Freakin' rude! Those people expressed concern, and she responds by "rolling her eyes".

http://www.ibtimes.com/sister-wives-meri-brown-denies-marriage-trouble-kody-after-cryptic-tweet-2629731

I'm sorry, but this really shows just how much of a "C U Next Tuesday" Meri really is. She can't even manage to fake being gracious to all of her supporters and fans  sycophants, and instead can't resist the opportunity to shit on them whenever possible. I'm with all of you: I'm done having any sympathy for this piece-of-shit bitch.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri is one unhappy bitch, and I do not feel sorry for her one whit.  Fuck her and her crappy fake marriage, her Lizzie's B & B, and that LLR shit she sells.

"I believe in living this lifestyle.  It just makes each of us better."  Well, dear Meri, if you are now "better," I would have hated to see worse.

Meri is an asshole. Always was. Always will be. End of story.

How's that for a quote? 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I'm sorry, but this really shows just how much of a "C U Next Tuesday" Meri really is. She can't even manage to fake being gracious to all of her supporters and fans  sycophants, and instead can't resist the opportunity to shit on them whenever possible. I'm with all of you: I'm done having any sympathy for this piece-of-shit bitch.

I held on for a while but she really is rude. Only thing keeping her afloat are her stupid zombie fans who would stand by her if she robbed a bank.

5 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

Hmmm...so on Policies page it says: "No Pets. Please call for help in making arrangements to board your pet." But then on the Shop page, she'll take your $150 Pet Deposit--although actually $50 of it is a non-refundable fee. And I've been unable to find a concierge service link mentioned in this awkward sentence:  "Should your travels be including a flight and purchasing pet food will be a challenge, please view our concierge service and our Inn's staff would be happy to assist!"  

That's one terrifying welcome when she opens the front door and shouts at us in her Vlog post. Also, so professionally done. [yeah, sarcasm.] 

In the real world, regarding her business, she better get her policies straight. Pets or no pets? Which is it? For a B&B of this type, I'd have a no pets policy. Just takes one time to wreck property, plus many people are allergic. 

Inconsistencies in policies can make for a confusing or bad experience. There's a thing called TripAdvisor and if a guest has a bad experience, they're gonna write a review and if guests keep giving poor reviews, the business may not thrive. I also see her as one who will blame the guest for any issues, not HER, and of course people will write about that, too. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle is in charge of breakfast menu planning.........and she's thinking about it.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

"Here's your bowl of Cheerios.  Oh, you wanted a HOT breakfast?  Let me get you a book of matches to toss on top."

I'm picturing a Peanut Butter Fritos breakfast buffet with a giant vat of the so loved "Mock Tapioca" or whatever that white mooshy stuff Christine makes that they all go gaga over.

• Love 5

OK, I just broke down and read some of the website. On the Home page, "Meri's Heritage" starts off in the third person voice then changes to first person. On the "Rooms" page, it says the rooms are decorated with 18th century art (from what I could see it was the appropriate 19th century style). The descriptions of the rooms sound so boring and expected. And each page has the bare minimum information on it. The destination page alone should be loaded information on more than two sites, have directions and photographs.

Like @Turtlepower said, people will review her place on TripAdvisor. Since Meri is a "celebrity", they may be especially brutal. I can't wait to read her responses to them. Based on how she responds to her Tweety followers, it will be spectacular.  

• Love 8

Oy, that website. 

Written by some teenager as a school project?  Pale blue background with white lettering - not exactly an easy read.  And she can't seem to decide on a focus with emphasizing multiple things as in: "As you’ll see, with our country retreat, the emphasis is on individual style. Guests can stay in 4 different accommodations with an emphasis experiencing the past. "  And they seem to forgotten to add a preposition in the latter part of the second sentence.

Home schooling at its finest.

• Love 5

That website is HORRIBLE!   I wouldn’t even take the owners seriously.  Professional looking websites are not expensive nowadays. Meri seems all over the place with these careers.  Does anyone know her age? I also watched the first part if the premiere episode.  I really dislike pretty much all the housewives, but Meri is especially intolerable.  I’ve only seen this show the past couple of season, but was Meri ever likeable?  Kody looks visibly irritated every time he looks at her. OTH, Kody is a complete mess, and it really irritates me that he has my dog’s name! My dog’s too good to be associated with this bum.  

• Love 6
On 12/23/2017 at 10:42 AM, ginger90 said:

When there was a spot for a blog on the site for the inn, I thought perhaps it was just part of a template.  Nope, this is what she put there

https://lizziesheritageinn.com/blogs/news/welcome-to-lizzies

Wow she really knocked herself out with that website. Good to see they have learned nothing about nice design since launching My Sister Wife’s Closet. I really like the section with the light gray background and white text. Anyone with visual impairments will certainly appreciate that. 

• Love 4

That site is bad. She needs to pick a tense to write in, and decide if she’s promoting a comfortable place to visit with a good location, or her freaking grandmother. I get she’s excited, but who else will be so interested in Lizzie?

Again, where’s the food!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That site is bad. She needs to pick a tense to write in, and decide if she’s promoting a comfortable place to visit with a good location, or her freaking grandmother. I get she’s excited, but who else will be so interested in Lizzie?

Again, where’s the food!

Agreed. She could honor her grandmother's legacy on the property with one page of the website called "History" or "Learn About Lizzie" or something, and keep the bulk of it focused on what will bring in dollars: selling the benefits of staying at the property.

• Love 5

Inquiring minds want to know.  Did this branch of the family practice polygamy?  We see the marriage certificate, so safe to assume that if they did, Lizzie would have been a first/legal wife.  We see a Sarah room, Bee room, East room and Grandma room but why not name all the rooms for each of the anxious occupants if that was the case.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

OK, I just broke down and read some of the website. On the Home page, "Meri's Heritage" starts off in the third person voice then changes to first person. On the "Rooms" page, it says the rooms are decorated with 18th century art (from what I could see it was the appropriate 19th century style). The descriptions of the rooms sound so boring and expected. And each page has the bare minimum information on it. The destination page alone should be loaded information on more than two sites, have directions and photographs.

Like @Turtlepower said, people will review her place on TripAdvisor. Since Meri is a "celebrity", they may be especially brutal. I can't wait to read her responses to them. Based on how she responds to her Tweety followers, it will be spectacular.  

Most bad reviews are met with a response from the property manager and goes something like this: "we're sorry you had a bad experience, we'll try to improve on (insert complaint). I can imagine Meri's response (insert eye roll).

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

That website is HORRIBLE!   I wouldn’t even take the owners seriously.  Professional looking websites are not expensive nowadays. Meri seems all over the place with these careers.  Does anyone know her age? I also watched the first part if the premiere episode.  I really dislike pretty much all the housewives, but Meri is especially intolerable.  I’ve only seen this show the past couple of season, but was Meri ever likeable?  Kody looks visibly irritated every time he looks at her. OTH, Kody is a complete mess, and it really irritates me that he has my dog’s name! My dog’s too good to be associated with this bum.  

Meri has always been a bitch, IMO.  Selfish and completely self-centered.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri has always been a bitch, IMO.  Selfish and completely self-centered.

Absolutely.  That's why it was a bit surprising to me when people pitied her with the whole catfishing and then the divorce episodes.  She deserved every nasty thing, in my opinion.  Karma is a btich.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Absolutely.  That's why it was a bit surprising to me when people pitied her with the whole catfishing and then the divorce episodes.  She deserved every nasty thing, in my opinion.  Karma is a btich.

I'm starting to come to that conclusion. I admittedly felt bad for her with the divorce and catfish situation but I'm starting to see that she's ALWAYS unhappy, no matter what. The way she whines and cries to Kody makes me dislike her even more; it's pathetic. I now understand his disinterest in her.  She expects him to cater to her unhappiness, yet she appears to show little interest in how he feels (and minimizes what she's done). I can only imagine what goes through his head when she wants to "talk": aka poor-me crying jag. 

Not defending Kody, but anyone who has to deal with this sobbing, sad sack of excuses. 

• Love 7

I feel bad for her with the catfishing insofar as I think it's harsh for anyone to have their worst humiliation played out on the national stage, regardless of what a jackass they are. But I certainly don't "pity" her in the classic sense...as in feel affectionate sympathy for her.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, auntiemel said:

I feel bad for her with the catfishing insofar as I think it's harsh for anyone to have their worst humiliation played out on the national stage, regardless of what a jackass they are. But I certainly don't "pity" her in the classic sense...as in feel affectionate sympathy for her.

I sort of felt bad for her. Then they had the episode where she met up with the woman who was also catfished (is that a word?), and her dopey tweets about it, that was it for me. Meri just isn’t very likable, to me.

• Love 5

JO's use, abuse, and trickery of Meri had me ready and willing to sympathize with her. She never knew if she was coming or going, was constantly walking on eggshells because "Sam" was emotionally abusive, and JO played Meri like a fiddle. That level of cruelty to another human always makes me sympathize. 

Then, Meri decided to rewrite the story and proclaim that JO was just trying to tear their family apart because they were polygamists and she was never going to leave her family. Ridicule it is, Meri, you chose wisely.

I've never felt sorry for her about the divorce because she is the one who wanted Robyn in the family to be her BFF and ostracize the others, and she ended up getting bit by the snake she brought home to play. She is a generally unpleasant person and will remain so until she finds something tangible that makes her happy, and that won't be a 6'4 vegan beefcake. Her happiness is also not going to be found in her family or a pyramid scheme that requires her to interact with people, something she doesn't seem to enjoy. 

Meri and the rest of the Brown parents are just going to keep muddling on in misery because not one of them will do something to lift themselves up if it happens to lift the others up, too. They're television stars now (in their minds) and the rest of us are just haters.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Christina said:

JO's use, abuse, and trickery of Meri had me ready and willing to sympathize with her. She never knew if she was coming or going, was constantly walking on eggshells because "Sam" was emotionally abusive, and JO played Meri like a fiddle. That level of cruelty to another human always makes me sympathize. 

Then, Meri decided to rewrite the story and proclaim that JO was just trying to tear their family apart because they were polygamists and she was never going to leave her family. Ridicule it is, Meri, you chose wisely.

I've never felt sorry for her about the divorce because she is the one who wanted Robyn in the family to be her BFF and ostracize the others, and she ended up getting bit by the snake she brought home to play. She is a generally unpleasant person and will remain so until she finds something tangible that makes her happy, and that won't be a 6'4 vegan beefcake. Her happiness is also not going to be found in her family or a pyramid scheme that requires her to interact with people, something she doesn't seem to enjoy. 

Meri and the rest of the Brown parents are just going to keep muddling on in misery because not one of them will do something to lift themselves up if it happens to lift the others up, too. They're television stars now (in their minds) and the rest of us are just haters.

This. She totally lied about how much she was into "Sam". In order to begin true healing, she needs to acknowledge her role in all this. She needs to do some major introspection and admittance of wrong-doing before she can move forward with her life. This will hurt and is hard to do, which is why I don't see her doing it. It's always someone else's fault. 

And, just saw the trailer for the new season where she's crying something like, "I need to take care of myself because no one else will." Here we go again. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And, just saw the trailer for the new season where she's crying something like, "I need to take care of myself because no one else will." Here we go again. 

I know she's saying this in a self-pitying way, but if she could really embrace that philosophy as the truth, she'd be so much happier. Yes, Meri. You are a grown-ass adult. You need to take care of yourself. It's not Kody's job, or Mariah's, or anyone else's. Your happiness is no one's responsibility but your own.

Now, of course, people do owe each other basic human decency, and love. She owes that to her family just like they owe it to her. But just like she's not responsible for their ultimate happiness, they aren't responsible for hers, and if she could really drive that point home to herself, I think they'd ALL be a lot happier!

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, auntiemel said:

Yes, Meri. You are a grown-ass adult. You need to take care of yourself.

Just like the millions of the rest of us out in the non-"reality" show universe do.  Get a clue, you whiny baby.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, auntiemel said:

Wait...is that directed at me or her? :)

Hee - her, of course!  She needs to stop waiting for things to be handed over on a silver tray, get out there and do something fulfilling.  Lots of us don't have families and we have happy and fulfilling lives but it takes some effort.  If I sat home waiting for someone to "make me happy" I'd be in the dark for the rest of my life.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Not sure this will paste here correctly. Meri’s latest blog on the site for her inn:

https://lizziesheritageinn.com/blogs/news/ringing-in-the-new-year-in-1870

Hmmm.  I watched the little video of "welcome" she posted and was linked a little while ago and Meri gave a little tour and said that the home was built by a different couple in 1870s and then her family bought it in the 1920s ish.

But in that post she states:

In 1870 the same year Lizzie’s Heritage Inn was built by my great-great-grandparents, families would have had a slightly different take on ringing in the New Year…

So. Which is it?  Or is it another case of the Browns just making up history as they want it to be stated on that day.  It will be something else tomorrow....

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Or is it another case of the Browns just making up history as they want it to be stated on that day.

That would be my vote.  Like someone else in the news a lot, they cannot keep their lies straight.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, auntiemel said:

I know she's saying this in a self-pitying way, but if she could really embrace that philosophy as the truth, she'd be so much happier. Yes, Meri. You are a grown-ass adult. You need to take care of yourself. It's not Kody's job, or Mariah's, or anyone else's. Your happiness is no one's responsibility but your own.

Now, of course, people do owe each other basic human decency, and love. She owes that to her family just like they owe it to her. But just like she's not responsible for their ultimate happiness, they aren't responsible for hers, and if she could really drive that point home to herself, I think they'd ALL be a lot happier!

I think they're tired of dealing with the one-way relationship. They give, she complains and cries that they don't care, eventually they give up. Meri seems narcissistic and expects everyone else to try and accommodate her and make her happy. When Mariah came out as gay, Meri was more worried about how it would affect HER. So she lacks empathy, yet she demands it from others and the slightest criticism or questioning of her sends her into a fit (the name of this thread is so perfect).

When the divorce fiasco began, I don't think Meri was being forthcoming about her reasons, but she sure made it appear that she was making a huge sacrifice. In the end, I feel like it was about what would benefit her and how she could use it to her advantage (including emotional manipulation). Meri the Miserable and how can people cater to her and make her happy? 

• Love 11

Yes, exactly! It's like she's got such a huge love deficit that no amount of kindness or gestures will ever be enough to bring the balance up to even. It's impossible to be in a relationship, any kind of relationship, with people like that. No matter what you do, it's not enough. If you REALLY loved them, you would have done more, or done it sooner or better or differently. They're like emotional black holes. It's exhausting.

• Love 13

Just think what she could accomplish if she redirected all of the energy she uses to be miserable (and tell everyone about it) to doing something positive to help other people.  There are tons of volunteer activities that help others and can help you to feel fulfilled while you are making a difference in this (often too dark) world.  Work at hospice, a hospital, a soup kitchen, Meals on Wheels, a teen shelter or some other service organization.

That's one of the things that makes me want to vomit when they purport to be "religious".  They do nothing for others, just look for every angle in the world to make money even when it screws their customers.  Church of the Almighty Dollar Brown style.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Just think what she could accomplish if she redirected all of the energy she uses to be miserable (and tell everyone about it) to doing something positive to help other people.  There are tons of volunteer activities that help others and can help you to feel fulfilled while you are making a difference in this (often too dark) world.  Work at hospice, a hospital, a soup kitchen, Meals on Wheels, a teen shelter or some other service organization.

That's one of the things that makes me want to vomit when they purport to be "religious".  They do nothing for others, just look for every angle in the world to make money even when it screws their customers.  Church of the Almighty Dollar Brown style.

you're right, they don't do jack shit for anyone else.  The closest I've seen is the Brown kids a few years back helping to paint the polygamy kids' halfway house.  And no, I don't count offering a bracelet for suicide prevention awareness, tweeting that they're wearing purple for bullying awareness, or appearing on a local TV news show to promote some local breast walk or whatever.  To me that's effortless and doesn't count, in fact it gives them publicity and we all know Kody enjoys seeing himself on TV.

• Love 9