Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Polygamous Cul-de-Sac

Message added by Scarlett45

I  understand the fear, concern, heartbreak, and stress in this current situation. I ask that we please remember the politics policy. Keep politics, political references, and political figures (past and present) out of the discussion.

Stay safe and healthy. 

• Start Topic

On January 12, 2017 at 11:30 AM, laurakaye said:

I miss the really old days of Trading Places.  Is that show even on anymore?

I haven't watched the Roloffs in years - I didn't realize that they were becoming so smackable, LOL.  I think I fulfill my smackable quota with the Browns and a few Real Housewives now and then.  

Kate Gosselin needs to go away faster than the Browns, IMO.  I cannot even bear watching old reruns anymore.

LOVED trading spaces! Doug from that show had one called 'moving up' which I also really loved! I think I was the only one that watched. Also was the only one that watched 4 Houses, and Dinner Party Wars which was really an awesome show and the hosts were a riot. All of those shows are better quality with better quality people than the Brown Clowns. :(

• Love 3
On January 12, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Kohola3 said:

Wasn't it called Trading Spaces?  And wouldn't that be a good combo show - each wife redecorates a portion of another's house.  Hilarity ensues.

I would watch the hell out of that!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Nope.  I watched both, too.  

Omg! I LOVED LOVED LOVED moving up! At the time it was on, we were selling our house and 'moving up' to another house. My husband was OBSESSED with what the new owners were doing/going to do to our old house. Lol lol. He would drive by every now and then to check on the landscaping and see if he could see anything from the street. Real stalkery sounding, I know, but it was really a drive by, he never stopped. :) He loved that house so, it was our first and we did a whole reno so it was very personal. :)

• Love 3

And actually, right around the corner from our old house was the winner of 4 Houses Christmas Edition. He had the CRAZIEST most beautiful Christmas display EVER! He also won the first episode of a similar Ultimate Christmas Lights show on ABC. So cool. I still have that episode saved on my DVr. Lol. From 2012! Nicest guy. He does the lights every year and collects donations for children's charity. The neighborhood street is packed! We still go back every year to look at his lights. It's a nice tradition.  

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2
On January 12, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Nowhere said:

A quote from the commercial- "There are the country boys, and then there's us." No, honey. There are several of us in between and we don't appreciate you at all. Good job selling out for TLC.

Infuriating. 

On January 12, 2017 at 5:43 PM, ginger90 said:

Try being born and raised in Staten Island. Bam, Mob Wives becomes a show!! Not a glowing representation.

Try dealing with Long Island Princesses. YUCK! Although that never took off, mercifully...

2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

She said it's because David's family is royalty they swept everything under the rug

So is he actually as bad as Robyn makes him out to be? He may be a sinner or a saint, who knows. She just never seems to present the truth, and I can't imagine how an innocent guy would want the world to think he's a bad father and a rapist. I get not caring what your crazy ex does, but I'd personally want to clear by own name.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

So is he actually as bad as Robyn makes him out to be? He may be a sinner or a saint, who knows. She just never seems to present the truth, and I can't imagine how an innocent guy would want the world to think he's a bad father and a rapist. I get not caring what your crazy ex does, but I'd personally want to clear by own name.

OR...you can look at this from another direction.  He has never come forward in any way because he knows the whole show is a bunch of crapola and lies and could care less.  I'm still leaning towards my thoughts from a very long time ago that he is somehow getting money from the Browns to keep his big mouth shut. He files for divorce...Robyn takes on the debt from the marriage to "keep the peace" and then forgives all the back child support  to get him to sign the "adoption" (or legal guardianship or whatever) papers.  He isn't talking at all for a reason.  Either because he knows its a whole lot of lies, or he is paid to keep quiet. Robyn is a weird one.  She portrays him as a virtue thief and abuser, yet she married him and went on to have three children with him.  She stated that her parents were there for her children's births.  If he were such an evil guy why didn't her parents get her out of that situation?  HE files for divorce, yet she says how she was "trapped" within her marriage.  Yet her kids are happy to see/be with their Dad and after the "adoption" by their savior Kody they all pile in and spend weeks with him.  There is a whole lot more to the whole thing, even past the "his family sweeps it under the rug". 

• Love 13

They should see the pro-David Preston comments (or at least the comments wondering why he is allowing the smear campaign by the Browns). No matter how much they want to sweep under the rug, it is out there that their relative is a rapist/molester/monster. I understand not wanting to get into a he-said/she(ra)-said situation too, but fer cripes sake, man, ball up and let something nice be said about you!

• Love 2

I know marriage is always a 2 way street and very very rarely are problems all one sided, but I really want her Ex to say 'things didn't work out, and we have regrets, but we're both consenting with the Cookie Stealing, and I do love and pay attention to my children.'

• Love 5

Back on the old Sister Wives Blog someone posted that she knew David and Robyn when they were married. She said that David suffered from extreme depression and that was probably why he was staying out of the Sister Wives mess. She said some things that the blogger on the polygamy site (Principals?) who detailed the family trees/wreath confirmed were true, so I do think she knew them. She also said their marriage was falling apart because of his depression and her being a spend thrift, but wasn't aware of serious abuse. 

It seems logical that David had to sign permission for the kids to be on the show. Since it was a new thing and not something they had done during the marriage, he probably had the right to say yes or no. It's unlikely that he would have not kept some rights to decision making. That tends to only happen when one parent is incapable of exercising good judgment. Otherwise, the courts try and make it 50/50 physical and legal custody. So, David probably had to sign permission for his kids to be on the show, and Robyn may have waived her child support in order to get it. I do wonder if he signed away his right to talk about them, too. 

For him to not defend himself from her accusations make him sound guilty. If it was anyone other than a Brown, I would believe it was true because he doesn't defend himself, but the Browns lie and obfuscate so much I automatically disbelieve every thing they say.

• Love 5
On 2/10/2017 at 7:25 PM, Roslyn said:

OR...you can look at this from another direction.  He has never come forward in any way because he knows the whole show is a bunch of crapola and lies and could care less.  I'm still leaning towards my thoughts from a very long time ago that he is somehow getting money from the Browns to keep his big mouth shut. He files for divorce...Robyn takes on the debt from the marriage to "keep the peace" and then forgives all the back child support  to get him to sign the "adoption" (or legal guardianship or whatever) papers.  He isn't talking at all for a reason.  Either because he knows its a whole lot of lies, or he is paid to keep quiet. Robyn is a weird one.  She portrays him as a virtue thief and abuser, yet she married him and went on to have three children with him.  She stated that her parents were there for her children's births.  If he were such an evil guy why didn't her parents get her out of that situation?  HE files for divorce, yet she says how she was "trapped" within her marriage.  Yet her kids are happy to see/be with their Dad and after the "adoption" by their savior Kody they all pile in and spend weeks with him.  There is a whole lot more to the whole thing, even past the "his family sweeps it under the rug". 

A tangled web that must be...

They claimed "bio Dad" was an abusive threat & as soon as they are "free & safe" the children are sent to Montana to spend a few weeks with him. Upon their return...Aurora said they had an amazing time...& Kody makes sure to tell the audience that this is the first time the kids didn't return from a visit...with "thousand yard stares" 

Robyn stated that Paul (Robyn's stepdad) didn't approve of the marriage between Robyn & Kody. So he was around the disasterous marriage of Robyn & her first husband...Robyn wants to move forward & "live polygamy" as a divorced woman with 3 children living in an unheated trailer...& Kody still  didn't get a seal of approval.

Alice (Robyn's mother)  is also on the long  list of MILs that don't  have faith in Kody. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2
On 2/13/2017 at 4:10 PM, Christina said:

For him to not defend himself from her accusations make him sound guilty. If it was anyone other than a Brown, I would believe it was true because he doesn't defend himself, but the Browns lie and obfuscate so much I automatically disbelieve every thing they say.

++++1.

The fact that he didn't speak out at all when Robyn played the "stolen-cookie" card, or when she placed Kody's smarmy mug in a portrait of her children to re-enact her revisionist history is just amazing to me.  He either has remarkable self-restraint, knows that the Browns are a family of lying clowns, or he was bought off by Robyn...and the last one doesn't really sit with me, considering his family is "royalty."  I can't see a well-known plyg family allowing a family member to be dragged through the mud by the likes of Robyn.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

++++1.

The fact that he didn't speak out at all when Robyn played the "stolen-cookie" card, or when she placed Kody's smarmy mug in a portrait of her children to re-enact her revisionist history is just amazing to me.  He either has remarkable self-restraint, knows that the Browns are a family of lying clowns, or he was bought off by Robyn...and the last one doesn't really sit with me, considering his family is "royalty."  I can't see a well-known plyg family allowing a family member to be dragged through the mud by the likes of Robyn.

Or maybe he doesn't watch the show.

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We know Kody is a narcissistic buffoon, but do we know that about Robyn's first husband (which is who I thought MischaMouse was referring to)?

Thanks. That's exactly to whom I was referring. 

• Love 1

@Galloway Cave WOW! That was an awesome find. Very interesting read. I posted it on Facebook in a private post so my wife could easily find it and read it. I know she'll eventually share it with her mother, at least. (I'm posting from work and have work friends on Facebook. So, didn't want it to be shared with everyone who can see my profile.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Interesting affidavit posted by The Principle Tumblr by an ex-AUB member about his years in the AUB, leaving the group and his involvement in Tapestry against Polygamy.

That about sums it all up in a plainly spoken and articulate way.  What we all have been talking about for many years now.  Freedom of Religion isn't freedom for all.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

That about sums it all up in a plainly spoken and articulate way. 

That's the way I felt about it too. It was interesting to me because he started out as LDS, then switched to AUB, saw the errors of his ways and got out. He then helped plygs get out too. Plus he was a deputy sheriff. I had a friend in the plyg town I lived in who had three wives then got out of polygamy, staying married to one wife. He said something similar to what this guy said. He saw that polygamy was not equal and the women suffered. He couldn't treat the women that way and needed to end the marriages.

• Love 2

Got a lot to tell but here is just one thing as I can't text good on bus. The whole adoption was a piece of shit. No adopton is filmed for tv only the father and mother and kids are in the courtro m not the whole clan. In other words David is still the dad and he sees his kids regularly. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Got a lot to tell but here is just one thing as I can't text good on bus. The whole adoption was a piece of shit. No adopton is filmed for tv only the father and mother and kids are in the courtro m not the whole clan. In other words David is still the dad and he sees his kids regularly. 

I KNEW IT!

This also explains why the judge was actually never shown or identified. 

(From what I've heard - I didn't watch.)

• Love 1

I will call this a rumor but the person who told my coworker is very credible that Sobbyn told Douche either you divorce Meri and marry me or I will leave you and the show. David is still the legal dad and the kids see him as much as possible .

• Love 6

I will call this a rumor but the person who told my coworker is very credible that Sobbyn told Douche either you divorce Meri and marry me or I will leave you and the show.

It may be a rumor but it is something that most people on these forums hypothesized was the scenario.  It's just too Sobbyn for words.

1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

So that makes me wonder how much her kids (and the rest of the kids) know is true and what is made up for the show. Hell, makes me wonder how much the ADULTS know is true.

Whatever they say do and think it's all true to them they don't but no we able to put them in the ass

(edited)
On 2017-02-28 at 7:20 PM, Rabbittron said:

I will call this a rumor but the person who told my coworker is very credible that Sobbyn told Douche either you divorce Meri and marry me or I will leave you and the show. David is still the legal dad and the kids see him as much as possible .

Oh wow!! No wonder Meri went off the deep end.  They will do anything to keep the gravy train going.  

Edited by Mya
mis spelling
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2017 at 5:05 PM, Kohola3 said:

It may be a rumor but it is something that most people on these forums hypothesized was the scenario.  It's just too Sobbyn for words.

I read that the whole thing was fake in one of the rag mags during the divorce story line.  It made way more sense than the line of crap TLC was feeding on the show.  If I recall correctly, the story said that Sobbin was pissed off because Meri wanted to go back to school and couldn't be her MSWC slave anymore.  It also said she moved out for a few days and made it a her or me situation.  Meri was tossed aside for the younger model.  

Have we ever found a court filing of the adoption proceeding?  As far as I know (and I could be wrong) this should be public record.  Since I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, here is another question:  I have been to the Clark County courthouse several times on legal matters and that was a real courtroom.  I don't understand how the courthouse could be used for a fake proceeding.  

This is interesting.  Maybe a super-sluth PTV poster knows how to do some more digging?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, toodles said:

I read that the whole thing was fake in one of the rag mags during the divorce story line.  It made way more sense than the line of crap TLC was feeding on the show.  If I recall correctly, the story said that Sobbin was pissed off because Meri wanted to go back to school and couldn't be her MSWC slave anymore.  It also said she moved out for a few days and made it a her or me situation.  Meri was tossed aside for the younger model.  

Have we ever found a court filing of the adoption proceeding?  As far as I know (and I could be wrong) this should be public record.  Since I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, here is another question:  I have been to the Clark County courthouse several times on legal matters and that was a real courtroom.  I don't understand how the courthouse could be used for a fake proceeding.  

This is interesting.  Maybe a super-sluth PTV poster knows how to do some more digging?

I don't know, but also don't know how it concerns us. Even though there are things that are public record, I suspect we'll probably be discouraged from digging further about this (kinda like the question about where they live, that was shut down very quickly). Feels awkward to me anyways. I only dig on people I'm officially investigating.

• Love 1