Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The last word on the bottom is “hoodies”.

C12700BD-1A32-4B72-B7B1-6CABB80D61A7.jpeg

She looked SO much better 10 years ago. She was actually quite cute and looked like someone you might want to associate with, 

• Love 17

She’s grateful for bushman eyebrows?  Look, I get her not doing anything with her brows and not wearing a lot of makeup anymore.  It goes along with the new, woke feminist persona she is trying to sell everyone and it certainly makes morning grooming routines less complicated.  However, keeping up with an ugly, unnatural looking dye job is a lot more trouble than just having your pretty blonde hair and letting it be naturally curly.  I guess with greasy, dirty hair it doesn’t make a difference what color it is, but she would get a much softer and younger look with her natural color.  Never mind, I just figured it out.  She doesn’t want to look soft and pretty.  COL, unwoke thinking here . . . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

She’s grateful for bushman eyebrows?  Look, I get her not doing anything with her brows and not wearing a lot of makeup anymore.  It goes along with the new, woke feminist persona she is trying to sell everyone and it certainly makes morning grooming routines less complicated.  However, keeping up with an ugly, unnatural looking dye job is a lot more trouble than just having your pretty blonde hair and letting it be naturally curly.  I guess with greasy, dirty hair it doesn’t make a difference what color it is, but she would get a much softer and younger look with her natural color.  Never mind, I just figured it out.  She doesn’t want to look soft and pretty.  COL, unwoke thinking here . . . 

Her dyed dark hair doesn’t complement her skin, it ages her. She could have done low-lights or something striking with her hair without going that dark. I don’t understand why she does it, it makes her look 40.

Maybe she just doesn’t want to look like her mother. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Her dyed dark hair doesn’t complement her skin, it ages her. She could have done low-lights or something striking with her hair without going that dark. I don’t understand why she does it, it makes her look 40.

Maybe she just doesn’t want to look like her mother. 

Or her sperm donor!

• LOL 10
On 11/26/2019 at 1:47 AM, ginger90 said:

The last word on the bottom is “hoodies”.

C12700BD-1A32-4B72-B7B1-6CABB80D61A7.jpeg

So in 10 short years she’s managed to morph from a cute and naturally attractive teenage girl, to a homeless 40 year old shrew and she’s grateful for that? Alrighty then. 

On 11/26/2019 at 4:52 AM, laurakaye said:

I'd like to take the "10-year challenge" and give it a good hose soaking.  Just saying.

Agree. Put the ‘10-year challenge’ trend in the bin. Nobody cares. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

So in 10 short years she’s managed to morph from a cute and naturally attractive teenage girl, to a homeless 40 year old shrew and she’s grateful for that? Alrighty then. 

Agree. Put the ‘10-year challenge’ trend in the bin. Nobody cares. 

What is a 10 year challenge anyway? COL here. I understand things like a 6 week challenge to raise money for a good cause, or lose weight or work out or something similar.  But this just seems to be posting 2 pictures from 10 years apart. What is the challenge in that? Granted, I am not on social media and it might be a challenge for me to figure out how to post 2 pictures. Mariah posts constantly though, so there should not be much of a challenge to it. Sorry if this is a stupid question,  but as I said I am a COL, without much social media savvy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Liddy52 said:

What is a 10 year challenge anyway? COL here. I understand things like a 6 week challenge to raise money for a good cause, or lose weight or work out or something similar.  But this just seems to be posting 2 pictures from 10 years apart. What is the challenge in that? Granted, I am not on social media and it might be a challenge for me to figure out how to post 2 pictures. Mariah posts constantly though, so there should not be much of a challenge to it. Sorry if this is a stupid question,  but as I said I am a COL, without much social media savvy.

My problem would be I do not have two pictures to post.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

a way to get a whole lot of people to post facial selfies so that facial recognition software algorithms can mass save them?

....removes foil hat an sets it on the shelf...

• Useful 4
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

What is a 10 year challenge anyway? 

You post a picture of yourself 10 years ago, and then put it side by side with a pic of yourself today.  There is no point to it except for people to "like" the photo or "heart" the photo and tell you that OMG you have barely changed in 10 years!!!  (eyeroll)

But it's nothing compared to what's coming next....the plethora of "elf on the shelf" posts.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

You post a picture of yourself 10 years ago, and then put it side by side with a pic of yourself today.  There is no point to it except for people to "like" the photo or "heart" the photo and tell you that OMG you have barely changed in 10 years!!!  (eyeroll)

But it's nothing compared to what's coming next....the plethora of "elf on the shelf" posts.

OOOOOOooooo Okay photoshop experts!! Mash up for the Holidays!  Mariah "posing" within the elf on the shelf madness 😁

• LOL 4

Silly me. I would have thought a 10-year challenge would be showing what you accomplished in 10 years. Like how you have become a better person or something. Talk about vain and shallow! I don't like pictures of me at any age and I certainly wouldn't post them for the world to see.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Thank you, Laura Kaye, but it still doesn't seem like much of a "challenge " to me. Maybe a 10 year comparison would be a more accurate term. But, I tend to nitpick,  being a COL, I guess. At any rate, I would say she lost that challenge if the challenge was to look the same or better! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 11/26/2019 at 5:31 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

My problem would be I do not have two pictures to post.

Me too.  I am not a part of the selfie-taking generation.  I have friends my age (48) who post endless pics of themselves in all these “cute” poses.  There’s something to be said for growing old gracefully and not trying to look like we are 20.  
I really am bugged by my generation.  All about being the “cool mom”, fillers, blinged out jeans, talking like an airhead.  Excluding you, my friends here....it just boggles my mind when I see woman after woman my age, trying too hard. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Me too.  I am not a part of the selfie-taking generation.  I have friends my age (48) who post endless pics of themselves in all these “cute” poses.  There’s something to be said for growing old gracefully and not trying to look like we are 20.  
I really am bugged by my generation.  All about being the “cool mom”, fillers, blinged out jeans, talking like an airhead.  Excluding you, my friends here....it just boggles my mind when I see woman after woman my age, trying too hard. 

Lol. I'm one of those women who's fighting aging but not to a ridiculous level (mid 40s). I do the skin treatments, the microderm abrasion, the micro needling, the serums, the masks and have considered botox but I stop at fillers and things of that nature. 

Bling jeans are my thing, I have several pair. I'm not ready to give in to aging yet--people assume in in my mid 30s so, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. I don't use filters in my photos, however. 

• Love 5

I can't help but wonder if Mariah will look back in 10, 20, 30 year challenges and cringe with embarrassment over her "causes".  She has tagged on to already well established fights for equality and is contributing nothing new or original.

Instead of concerning herself with issues that affect only her ME, ME, ME attitude, she could gain far more respect if she delved into something closer to her roots and championed the rights of women and children caught up in the snare of the FLDS extreme cults.  This would be a much more useful purpose and utilization of her Social Justice education.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I can't help but wonder if Mariah will look back in 10, 20, 30 year challenges and cringe with embarrassment over her "causes".  She has tagged on to already well established fights for equality and is contributing nothing new or original.

Instead of concerning herself with issues that affect only her ME, ME, ME attitude, she could gain far more respect if she delved into something closer to her roots and championed the rights of women and children caught up in the snare of the FLDS extreme cults.  This would be a much more useful purpose and utilization of her Social Justice education.

Totally agree. She loves to share these “causes” on social media but doesn’t appear to physically do anything to help. It’s pure laziness and fakery designed to make her look favorable without doing anything about it. She posts, shrugs her shoulders and runs off to brunch. And people praise her for this instead of calling her out on it. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mariah is completely phony.  Remember when she insisted she wanted sister wives?  

Mariah expressed a desire for sister wives back in the good old days when Meri was still HBIC and why wouldn't she?  She experienced nothing but a life of privilege being the only spawn of a self-absorbed woman who felt she was entitled to special considerations because she happened to be the first wife.  If life had turned out differently for Mariah and she had engaged with sister wives, it would be a sure bet that she would have only married as a first wife and would never relinquish that perceived benefit.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

She has tagged on to already well established fights for equality and is contributing nothing new or original.

So much this!  I don’t know why she doesn’t look at her own backyard as a social justice warrior. I actually answered her narcissistic little questionnaire a few months ago and wondered why she doesn’t talk more about the extremists and do good work within her culture. She knows the injustices of the polygamy lifestyle like no other (if not from the dysfunction of her own family, then from others in AUB sect she grew up in). Only 6 or so years ago she supposedly wanted to be a polygamist herself. She doesn’t have to denounce polygamy and go against her parents or old church, but as you’ve said, she is perfectly placed to campaign against the extremists in the FLDS and help woman and children there.  

But silly me! That would mean she actually did something worthwhile towards a cause and we all know she doesn’t actually care except to help her image and gain the almighty dollar. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Nothing says celebrate and honour Indigenous peoples like fake flowers.  What are those supposed to be - Rosa canina? Native to Europe, northwest Africa, and western Asia

More fucking fakery from princess pudge.   If she wanted to honor indigenous people, she’d become an archaeologist and help continue their stories. 

This is my area of study and my current job. Construction plans change based on what we find in the field and report to the state. Mariah doesn’t know shit about the cultures of this country, she just posts superficial shit and moves on. 

Join me in the field today, Mariah. 50 mph winds and cold. Come on, you “care”, right? 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

So let's see, she tagged Chicago, so she wasn't at the Brown bash at Robyn's yesterday.

Southwest Airlines has probably banned Sludge, Pudge and their dogs for life.

Why didn't they spend Thanksgiving handing out food at a dinner for homeless people?  Or would she have had to leave trendy "Uptown Chicago" for that?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

If she wanted to honor indigenous people, she’d become an archaeologist and help continue their stories. 

This is my area of study and my current job. Construction plans change based on what we find in the field and report to the state. Mariah doesn’t know shit about the cultures of this country, she just posts superficial shit and moves on. 

Join me in the field today, Mariah. 50 mph winds and cold

That is such a cool occupation! I love knowing this about you.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Fosca said:

So I finally decided to take a look at Mariah's paper from her website, since I don't want to grade the papers I have piled up.

https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/justice/2019/10/14/origins-and-principles-of-restorative-justice

Here are my impressions:

1.  THE BLANK SPACE!  My god, was there a length requirement?  I've never seen that amount of blank space in a college paper, much less a grad school one.  Which leads me to . . .

2.  WHAT STYLE IS THAT?  It's not APA style, that's for sure, and that's what Social Workers use, according to Professor Google.  The reference style is all wrong, and what's worse she has a direct quote in her paper with no citation (page number etc) to say where she got it from, which in my class would automatically earn her a zero for plagiarism.  I did run her paper through TurnItIn, which monitors plagiarism, and her papers shares parts of sentences with lots of other papers, but not enough for me to ding her for that. 

3.  HELLO, PUNCTUATION?  She is all over the map with this.  Lots of commas, even where they aren't needed, and many used when a colon or semicolon or other mark would work better. 

4.  PROOFREADING IS YOUR FRIEND.  Ye gods but there are poorly written sentences here!  I would recommend she read it out loud and see if it makes sense to someone who is not familiar with the paper (or the subject for that matter).  I am finding it difficult to get through a sentence without having to stop and review the sentence to see what the hell she's trying to say. 

I'm sure there's more, but I'm bailing.  She doesn't write as poorly as my first-year students often do, but it's not grad-level either.  If it didn't earn a zero for improper citation, I'd probably give it a low B for my first- and second-year students.  It'd get handed back with an "Are you effing kidding me?  Do it over correctly." for a grad student, if I was feeling generous.

And she never did post her grade

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 11/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, Roslyn said:

a way to get a whole lot of people to post facial selfies so that facial recognition software algorithms can mass save them?

....removes foil hat an sets it on the shelf...

I am a fellow tin hatter. No shame in questioning what we are fed. Anyhow, I think that is exactly what the challenge is for.

On to Mariah's pic, she was adorable with blonde hair! She should definitely try that again. 

• Love 5
On 12/6/2019 at 2:38 PM, Fosca said:

So I finally decided to take a look at Mariah's paper from her website, since I don't want to grade the papers I have piled up.

https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/justice/2019/10/14/origins-and-principles-of-restorative-justice

Here are my impressions:

1.  THE BLANK SPACE!  My god, was there a length requirement?  I've never seen that amount of blank space in a college paper, much less a grad school one.  Which leads me to . . .

2.  WHAT STYLE IS THAT?  It's not APA style, that's for sure, and that's what Social Workers use, according to Professor Google.  The reference style is all wrong, and what's worse she has a direct quote in her paper with no citation (page number etc) to say where she got it from, which in my class would automatically earn her a zero for plagiarism.  I did run her paper through TurnItIn, which monitors plagiarism, and her papers shares parts of sentences with lots of other papers, but not enough for me to ding her for that. 

3.  HELLO, PUNCTUATION?  She is all over the map with this.  Lots of commas, even where they aren't needed, and many used when a colon or semicolon or other mark would work better. 

4.  PROOFREADING IS YOUR FRIEND.  Ye gods but there are poorly written sentences here!  I would recommend she read it out loud and see if it makes sense to someone who is not familiar with the paper (or the subject for that matter).  I am finding it difficult to get through a sentence without having to stop and review the sentence to see what the hell she's trying to say. 

I'm sure there's more, but I'm bailing.  She doesn't write as poorly as my first-year students often do, but it's not grad-level either.  If it didn't earn a zero for improper citation, I'd probably give it a low B for my first- and second-year students.  It'd get handed back with an "Are you effing kidding me?  Do it over correctly." for a grad student, if I was feeling generous.

True.  I know several teachers who say grammarly is your friend.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  I know several teachers who say grammarly is your friend.

Try being Canadian or British and spelling colour, neighbour, jewellery or a myriad of other spellings we use. 🤣

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Nice props, Mariah, but that book on Queer Brown Voices looks to be untouched/unopened.  You cannot gain knowledge without reading the books you pose with.

Mariah may be working on a sequel, Queer Raised In A Polygamist Family Voice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Nice props, Mariah, but that book on Queer Brown Voices looks to be untouched/unopened.  You cannot gain knowledge without reading the books you pose with.

Maybe it's about her family! LOL bah dum bump chhh

• LOL 6
25 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Nice props, Mariah, but that book on Queer Brown Voices looks to be untouched/unopened

Most of her postings are with props that she immediately forgets about.  Remember the bees?  Bet she doesn't.  It's just to make herself look woke.  We COL's are onto her fakety-fake caring posts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Try being Canadian or British and spelling colour, neighbour, jewellery or a myriad of other spellings we use. 🤣

I spell cancelled with two L's, always have.  It just looks better that way, to me.

Does anyone here think that SludgePudge's weddingk will be part of the new season?  

• Love 4