Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

So, not hasten anyone in their moment but um, did this alternate format mean no time limit? Because these people so far have BEEN talking.

eta: Oh, I was wondering why Laura wasn't giving Supporting Actor per tradition, since she won Supporting Actress last year. 

I was wondering that too, but is there even an orchestra to play them off with?

• Useful 2

Is it me or are the speeches extra long this year? Did the get rid of the "get off the stage" music? It's been 30 minutes and they only have there winners.

This may be an unpopular opinion and I know this has been a serious year but I miss the little joke skits.

• Love 3

No surprise over Daniel's win.  Still think it's strange he's considered supporting, but good for him.  At least Lakeith looked happy for him and will in no way team up with Jesse Plemons and betray him down the road!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Basically the director's daughter was killed by a driver texting on his phone during the shooting. It was difficult but he decided to complete the filming.

Thank you. And how horrible. :(

1 minute ago, Snow Apple said:

Is it me or are the speeches extra long this year? Did the get rid of the "get off the stage" music? It's been 30 minutes and they only have there winners.

This may be an unpopular opinion and I know this has been a serious year but I miss the little joke skits.

The skits usually sucked though lol.

• Love 6

It's kind of a shame because of the year it's been these Oscar's will have an asterisk next to them because I really did love a lot of the films and performances.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

Yeah, I'm about to give up on this show. These never ending speeches are just not doing it for me.

I’m one more award away from checking the cable guide to see what else is on.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I was wondering that too, but is there even an orchestra to play them off with?

Well they are at Union Station, perhaps they're waiting for the arrival of the 5:50 from Fresno to blow it's horn as the wrap up cue...

• LOL 13
9 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Wait, did Daniel just say he's going to celebrate that his parents had sex?

Yeah... why actors are actors and not writers or diplomats.

• LOL 11
Just now, kib said:

I wonder if because it seems a rather intimate setting, the nominees feel less inhibited to ramble on? 

Or maybe they told them to go ahead and talk however long since we don't have a host or musical numbers??

• Love 2
Just now, superdeluxe said:

Did we really need a remake of West Side Story?  That teaser did not interest me.

Hey man, once you're a Jet you're always a Jet...

• LOL 4
  • Love 2