Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This song is expected to win.  This is my first time hearing it.  I think the dancing is impressive but the song is lacking.  Half of the song didn’t have any singing, it was all dancing.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Damn!  That was not only a great dance number, it was a great song--miles better than the other two.

Agree it was better than the first two songs, which were really boring.  But I’d prefer for Rihanna to win for “Lift Me Up”.  That song is powerful and moving. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I appreciate that there is this museum, but these interludes are why they had to "add that hour back" to this show.  Just get on with the awards, please!

Agreed. The show has mostly been flowing nicely but when they do this it drags the show down.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, dmeets said:

There’s a lot going on with these two dresses.

If I was the president of the academy or whatever she is, I’d totally be all out there in the shiny dress! I’d probably add a tiara of some sort!  I don’t want to have this taken the wrong way but did Eva Longoria’s boobs seem uneven in that dress?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Eureka said:

Especially when we saw how happy Stephanie Hsu looked for her costar, while not winning it herself.

Two completely different situations seeing as though they worked together and bound to root for each other.

I never really care how people react to losing as long as it's not actual outrage because it's not that important. These people are human beings, not perfect beings. We will always have moments where we can't hide the hurt or disappointment. I don't need them to pretend for my or anyone else's benefit either.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
2 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

If I was the president of the academy or whatever she is, I’d totally be all out there in the shiny dress! I’d probably add a tiara of some sort!  I don’t want to have this taken the wrong way but did Eva Longoria’s boobs seem uneven in that dress?

I, also, thought Eva's boobs looked lopsided. Did the tape slip?

3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I'm sure Daniel Bruhl is a lovely person in real life, but he always looks like he's plotting something sinister no matter the circumstance.

He should have been Oscar nominated for Rush.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I wasn't a fan of either dress, but did Eva take a look in the mirror? With that deep neckline, you want to look symmetrical. 

Ahhh…the Fabelmans.  Loved the movie, but didn’t like how they made both Seth Rogan and Michelle Williams look so…old…maybe it was just the period costume 

Just now, ShadowHunter said:

It really annoys me when we have multiple winners and they only let one of them speak. It just comes off rude.

Cut those stupid in-show commercials and let people talk!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1