Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Whoah, that's a big upset, right?  Michael Keaton not winning?

Sort of.  Keaton was ahead at first but when Eddie won the SAG, it was all over.  Whoever won the SAG for Best Actor won the Oscar for 11 years straight.  

Blew the last note.  That song was so much better when the nun did it.

Oh, and no one can sing like Julie Andrews could.

This truth.

I don't care for Eddie Redmayne but it was cute when he spazzed out for a second in unscripted excitement. 

• Love 1

I'd really like to see Marion Cotillard's dress up close, it seems to have some really fine beadwork going on.  

Very happy for Julianne, she's great.  Of course I would have loved to have seen her get an Oscar for Far From Heaven.  She's just so consistently good, and is a real working actor, small roles, big roles, comedy, drama, she can do it all, and so well.    

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 3

Redmayne had won the BAFTA and SAG awards, usually good indicators because of the overlap in voters between those bodies and Oscar voters.  He also campaigned very aggressively, inviting comparisons to Anne Hathaway and Melissa Leo.  He has another very Oscar baity role in The Danish Girl as of the first known men to under sex reassignment surgery.

thank you NPH for pointing out that Meryl Streep chearing for equal pay for women is a bit hypocritical.   Meryl commands millions.   Does she make sure all the women working on her pictures make the same as the men?   I doubt it.

• Love 1