Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/19/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 10/19: Bill O'Reilly
Tu 10/20: Kevin Costner, Jon Baird, the latest castoffs from "Dancing With the Stars"
We 10/21: Aija Mayrock, Ree Drummond
Th 10/22: Sarah Ray, David Zinczenko
Fr 10/23: Barney Frank, Tony Bennett

Ree Drummond = Drinking game every time she wants to "high five" the co-hosts after every damn thing they say or do  :)

I'm not a fan, but it is nice to see an average-looking woman have a television show AND now a line of products in a major chain store.

I'm not a fan, but it is nice to see an average-looking woman have a television show AND now a line of products in a major chain store.

If only she could cook, since it is supposed to be a "cooking" show after all.

• Love 5

Bill O'Reilly?  Honestly?  I assume that Joy and Whoopi have the day off.

Since Babs proclaimed that BO'R was a "friend of the show" and now that Whoops has basically followed in Babs's footsteps, she will probably act the same toward him. Joy missed last Monday and may do so again tomorrow.

Whoopi is out sick and Joy has the day off. Pretty convenient with BOR on the show.

Ugh. I just can't with this show today. Not one of them is qualified to discuss issues with any intelligence.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9

Paula isn't that bad of a moderator. She did an ok job of nipping that religion argument in the bud. I thought my eyes were going to get stuck rolling them at Sherri and Candace though.

• Love 7

I'm thinking The Whoopster is taking "time in lieu" for the New York bit they did on today's show.  Also called "Work to Rule" -- she's not putting in any extra hours.  (Not breaking my heart because I didn't watch the tour & face stuffing, although I was listening.)

• Love 2

I want a trophy for calling both Whoopi and Joy out for the day.

For the bazillionth time, the servers are being investigated by the FBI not Hillary personally.  Of course that flew by all the dumbasses on the panel so that BOR could get in his talking points.

• Love 12

Paula isn't that bad of a moderator. She did an ok job of nipping that religion argument in the bud. I thought my eyes were going to get stuck rolling them at Sherri and Candace though.

OMG Yes. I felt my blood pressure changing so I had to ff through it.

Yeah, Sherri, Muslim kids have such an easy time of it in school as it is.. let's alienate them even more.

NO WORDS> My eyes rolled out of my head and down the hall.

Really BillO'R? A voluntary expression of YOUR faith is allowed with no repercussions. Get it right if you're going to open your yapper. ASS.

Let me shut my hole now.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

My blood pressure barely made it through the football prayer discussion. Then O'Reilly comes on. For health reasons I had to change channels. I am glad Whoopi and Joy weren't there. Anything they challenged him on would have been fodder for his show. So there are some positives.

I am usually meh on Paula but she did an okay job moderating. 

• Love 1

Maybe Whoopi really is leaving soon..so they are trying out joy and paula as moderators. Joy is better..but paula wouldn't be bad as back up if joy isn't there.

Sherri is set for 50 shows according to sources so let's burn that number off quickly.

• Love 1

Can someone explain this to me?  Or it is Sherri just being her idiot self?

I forgot how it was worded and I already deleted it. She implied that the other religions can go do whatever... just go over there... away from where people are talking about the real God. I am paraphrasing. Or maybe it was CCB with Sherri chiming it. They were all talking over each other.

And for the record it is the same God. Don't get me started . :)

Edited by ari333
  • Love 4

I want a trophy for calling both Whoopi and Joy out for the day.

For the bazillionth time, the servers are being investigated by the FBI not Hillary personally.  Of course that flew by all the dumbasses on the panel so that BOR could get in his talking points.

Exactly, there is a huge distinction between the 2.

I think Paula did a very good job as mod today.

Seems to me the "faulty intel" about an imminent attack was only faulty because Condi Rice and W did not read it.

Raven when one is assassinated they are dead....otherwise it is an attempted assassination. And what does "some people in the industry blame Katrina on W?" Your industry? How about most people of all walks of life, blame W for not reacting sooner and for his fly-over of NOLOA.

• Love 14

According to Sherri, she was dropping Jeffrey off at school this morning and received a call to be on the show today. I hope it still counts toward the 50 shows!! I wonder if they tried anyone else first?

• Love 4

I just love watching people stuff their faces on tv ......NOT

And Candace's intense, on-camera finger licking was disgusting to me.  It was more like finger sucking.  She practically went down to the knuckle.  You're dead to me CCB.

Seems to me the "faulty intel" about an imminent attack was only faulty because Condi Rice and W did not read it.

Raven when one is assassinated they are dead....otherwise it is an attempted assassination. And what does "some people in the industry blame Katrina on W?" Your industry? How about most people of all walks of life, blame W for not reacting sooner and for his fly-over of NOLOA.

Raven really is completely dumb and flakey.  Almost painful to watch her sometimes.  It's not only because she is uneducated---you don't need a Masters or PhD to be smart/bright/informed/interesting---she is just so…..none of those things….

• Love 12

My bold.  As I said before, she really isn't that smart & she shows us, day after day, there are huuuuuuuge holes in her education & general knowledge of history!!!

• Love 10

And Candace's intense, on-camera finger licking was disgusting to me.  It was more like finger sucking.  She practically went down to the knuckle.  You're dead to me CCB.

Raven really is completely dumb and flakey.  Almost painful to watch her sometimes.  It's not only because she is uneducated---you don't need a Masters or PhD to be smart/bright/informed/interesting---she is just so…..none of those things….

My bold.  Exactly & you said it so much better than I did!!  LOL.

Edited by Medicine Crow

I only caught a few minutes (so far, I do have it on DVR)  And I heard Raven  comment on how GWB was blamed for the 911 attack.  (not really, actually Trump was saying that in response to Jeb saying GWB ket the country safe)  Anyway - she made the INSANE comparison to a MOVIE -  because in the entertainment industry, if a MOVIE doesn't do well, often the STAR is blamed .  Yeah that's the same thing as when people are KILLED, the president is blamed?    

She actually compared a movie making less money than expected to a national tragedy. 

Sherri & Raven, OMG who actually has the least brain cells, really hard to tell...........

They have ONE - and they take turns using it. 

• Love 19

This is the second time she has said this.   And she needs to consider her words more carefully.   Yes, it is over -the-top ridiculous to blame the president for an actual hurricane.   But that's not what happened.   Bush was not blamed for KATRINA -  he was blamed for his "too little too late"  response to it. 

• Love 11

Im just watching now.... Did Raven just blame 9/11 on the Clinton Foundation??

Jeb Bush said America was kept safe under his brother's watch..... almost 3000 people died on 9/11..... thousands of soldiers dead.... 10s of thousands wounded..... 2 wars.... Im not sure how he defines safe.

O'Reilly on the show... both Whoopi and Joy not there today.... it is gonna be a Republican fest....... they are already defending Bush

• Love 10

There is no voluntary on a football team...... the coach is an employee of the government.... and government lead prayer is unconstitutional.

Prayer is not banned in school.... school lead prayer is banned.... lots of prayer goes on at test time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't it be interesting if this Coach was a Muslim and he said it was "voluntary" for the football team to pray Islamic Prayers...... I bet those Christian Hosts would have been just fine with that. (sarcasm)

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 18

My blood pressure barely made it through the football prayer discussion. Then O'Reilly comes on. For health reasons I had to change channels. I am glad Whoopi and Joy weren't there. Anything they challenged him on would have been fodder for his show. So there are some positives.

I am usually meh on Paula but she did an okay job moderating. 

I have no doubt that Billo the Clown will say Joy and Whoopi were afraid to be on the show with him today...... them not being there was just a big favor to him.

• Love 4

Who wants to bet that Raven doesn't play the "My mommy said if you don't have anything nice to say" card against O'Reilly?

The only way Raven will ever be able to play that card again is if she burps up the pieces and tapes them back together because Ann Coulter tore that card up and shoved it down her throat.

And what does "some people in the industry blame Katrina on W?" Your industry? How about most people of all walks of life, blame W for not reacting sooner and for his fly-over of NOLOA.

Raven's world is so small.  If she were fifteen years old, I could deal with it.  But she is almost thirty.  There is no excuse for her myopic perspective on ... everything.      

• Love 15

I had this discussion about prayer in school last night and I found this.

http://archive.adl.org/religion_ps_2004/prayer.html#.ViVEnitnH00

From the article
Can there be prayer before or after athletic events or activities?

A school district's policy of permitting student-led, student-initiated prayer before football games is unconstitutional. 13 It is also unconstitutional for a school official, including a coach, to initiate or lead a team in prayer. 14 Nor may a school official ask a team member or any other student to initiate or lead a prayer before, during or after a public or school-sponsored athletic activity or event. 15 It is also unconstitutional for a member of the clergy to offer prayers before or after public school athletic activities or events. 16 Voluntary prayer presented and led by students without official permission or sanction may be constitutional, provided that it is not coercive in any way.

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 4

There is no voluntary on a football team...... the coach is an employee of the government.... and government lead prayer is unconstitutional.

Prayer is not banned in school.... school lead prayer is banned.... lots of prayer goes on at test time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't it be interesting if this Coach was a Muslim and he said it was "voluntary" for the football team to pray Islamic Prayers...... I bet those Christian Hosts would have been just fine with that. (sarcasm)

BBM

Thank you! I did see the "sarcasm" but you made my point much better and more articulately than I did. YES!

• Love 4

I have no doubt that Billo the Clown will say Joy and Whoopi were afraid to be on the show with him today...... them not being there was just a big favor to him.

I guess Whoopi and Joy not being there today is their way of protesting Bill O's views.  Or a refusal to contribute to bringing any attention to Bill O in any way.  But it could also be characterized as, well ... kind of chicken shit.  There are all kinds of other guests on the show with whom Joy and Whoopi probably don't agree.  But they don't sit out the show over it.  They show up and express their opposing views and the world continues to spin on its axis.   No biggie.  How come they can't manage that when Bill O is on the show? 

It seems unprofessional to me. And it definitely does give Bill O something to brag about. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

As someone else said above.... Joy has been off most Mondays..... but Whoopi is "out sick"

Personally I think she is buddies with Billo..... and it would hurt her "persona" if she was friendly with her buddy.... and he wouldnt like her giving him a hard time.... so it is better is she was just "sick"

• Love 4

IMO Joy is there to mod on Fri's and fill in when needed...CCB was back today and she is a full-time host whereas Joy is a guest co-host.

I also read that WG said she will get Fri's off and 1 additional day a week. Perhaps she is well aware she will be let go in Dec and is burning up her time off, sick leave etc - or just doing whatever she wants.

Dec can't come soon enough and I sure hope the rumors are true.

• Love 6

Paula got on my nerves trying to say Bush "united this country" after 9/11. No, people were united in their ANGER, not because of anything Bush did or said. Bush took advantage of the human emotions to (among other things) start a war that is still going on with little to nothing accomplished. Trump is right that it's an oft-repeated lie that Bush kept this country safe so I'm glad it's being talked about even if he only said it to put down one of his opponents.

That said, Paula did a good job moderating, but I had a feeling she would. Keeping her and Joy for next season would guarantee that even with Joy having a day off, this show'll be moderated well.

• Love 13

I wish Joy were permanent and CCB was guest co host or not on at all.

Why are people assuming Joy is only a guest co-host?  To my knowledge, it has always been stated that she was returning as a permanent co-host, making it six at the table if they all are present, with Joy taking over the moderator duties on a Friday.  Am I missing an update that states Joy is only guesting?

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 2

Why are people assuming Joy is only a guest co-host?  To my knowledge, it has always been stated that she was returning as a permanent co-host, making it six at the table if they all are present, with Joy taking over the moderator duties on a Friday.  Am I missing an update that states Joy is only guesting?

IDK I just get my info from reading here.  And I ff through a lot of the show when I watch so I may have missed... a lot. :)

Thanks to everyone who took one for the team, watching and posting about today's show.  BillO + CCB + Sherri Shepherd is just too much for me, although of the three I probably can tolerate BillO the best; mostly because I don't think he really believes the crap he spews but it's made him a very good living and the Faux News viewers love it. 

Paula has an entire career composed of reading teleprompters so I'm not surprised she did okay moderating - I don't watch GMA Weekend (or any other day) but I'm guessing she's in a similar position.  Of course Whoopi has set the bar so low that almost any literate, mannered person would do better than she does.  

I'd like to think if this was an unscheduled day off for Joy she was saving herself the aggravation of dealing with CCB rather than skipping BillO.   Whoopi on the other hand probably just got some good weed yesterday and didn't feel like coming in.  I don't think she would let BillO scare her off now, she's been dealing with him for years. 

Remember that long ago Halloween show when  BillO said she was jealous about something (his book or his costume?)  and she shot back by telling him she's "been a Movie Stah for 25 years" LOL ?  Two delusional celebrities.   It was also the same episode where Bill bashed RO and in response Babs handed him his book and said, "Here, plug your own book."   Good times. 

Here is the video - it's about the 7:30  mark: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSpau3iwJ7g

Wait, I found the exchange on a blog, it was 2009.  I can't believe I can remember that but forget my pin number on a regular basis.  So yeah, she's been dealing with him for a long time. 

O'Reilly got in the Halloween spirit, too, by donning a cape. (The ABC photo is by Steve Fenn.) But O'Reilly was there to promote his book "A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity," which has been on the best-seller list 48 weeks.

"Look at Goldberg. She's so jealous," O'Reilly said, referring to Whoopi Goldberg."Excuse me, what would I be jealous of, Bill?" Goldberg snapped. "I've been a movie star for 25 years, baby."

And she added: "I've been Whoopi Goldberg for almost 25 years. You're the least of my problems." Goldberg earlier showed her disgust with O'Reilly by making faces, shaking her head and pointing her backside in his direction.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/tvguy/2009/10/30/whoopi-goldberg-tells-bill-oreilly-off-on-the-view/

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5