Type keyword(s) to search

Paranormal and Ghosthunting Shows: Ghosties, Ghoulies and Things That Go Bump in the Night

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Enfield Haunting pt 1

I was a little confused about the girl with the head injury on the slide at the playground . Was that the dude's dream or premonition or IDK what?

I think that was the guy's daughter, but whether it was a dream or a memory I'm not sure ('cause I'm unable to remember details from a whole week ago ...).

• Love 2

A&E's The Enfield Haunting aired on Sky Living in the UK in May 2015, but it's set in 1977: http://www.aetv.com/shows/the-enfield-haunting It's based on This House is Haunted, a book by Matthew Macfadyen's character, Guy Lyon Playfair, and was directed by Kristoffer Nyholm, who did the original (Danish) The Killing.

Maurice Grosse (Tim Spall) had a nightmare about his daughter, Janet, as a child on a playground—but she died a year ago on a motorbike. His wife Betty (Juliet Stevenson) made it seem as if he often dreams about Janet.

I haven't seen much paranormal stuff, but I'm a fan of all three stars.

• Love 2

I'm loving this show so far. I found some stuff on YouTube about it and they have an interview with the real Janet but I don't want to watch it until I see the third part of the story.

Did anyone else think the wife was having an affair? I was surprised to find out it was a medium she was seeing and giving personal items to.

• Love 2

hey all! ghost nerd reporting for duty!

so here are the shows i'm currently obsessing on that are currently airing: Alaska Haunting and the Demon Files (Sunday night), Paranormal Witness (Wednesday night) and My Haunted House (Friday nights). 

i have also heard the A Haunting and Paranormal Survivor will be starting back up again soon? anyone know more about when?

please remember to subscribe to these forums:

General episode discussion for My Haunted House

General episode discussion for Paranormal Witness

General episode discussion for A Haunting

Edited by msbeesknees

I have been obsessed with watching a show/channel on YouTube called livescifi. This guy goes ghost hunting all over and does live shows. John Zappos has been on. He deals with mostly demons and does a lot of provocation. He's a little nuts. He has a lot of videos on his channel.

• Love 2

I have been obsessed with watching a show/channel on YouTube called livescifi. This guy goes ghost hunting all over and does live shows. John Zappos has been on. He deals with mostly demons and does a lot of provocation. He's a little nuts. He has a lot of videos on his channel.

i love this guy! he does Ouija board live shows too, great stuff to listen too while working all day. :)

• Love 2

I kept falling asleep while watching Enfield. What happened at the end? One minute the "poltergeist" (which was really the spirit of a former inhabitant of the home?) was still talking through Janet, and the next, it was jaunty music and the end. I missed something.

• Love 2

this story has always intrigued me and so i was thrilled that the UK did a series on it. i thought it was really well done and i adore timothy spall.

bigistic basically Janet was proven to be faking and was institutionalized. her sister swore the ghost still existed. Janet came back home and Maurice and Guy performed an exorcism on her. the old dude who was possessing Janet refused to leave, tornadoed the house, made Janet levitate, yadda yadda, and then Maurice's dead daughter came through and cast out the old man, saving the day and Janet's sanity.

• Love 1

How did they explain what happened to everyone else if she was faking it? The writer was thrown across the bedroom.

The lead actor (investigator) was in a terrible/wonderful movie called Rockstar, starring Mark Wahlberg (and Jennifer Aniston, but she basically denies having been in it). He plays the band manager(?), and I've like him since.

• Love 1

from what i recall the heads of the society of psychical research came into the home, kicked everyone out and watched Janet like a hawk, she couldn't get the poltergeist to appear and they caught her throwing something (i think?) anyway once the papers got a hold of the possibility of a hoax, they ran with it and pretty much discounted everything else. Janet was institutionalized and the family begged for Guy and Maurice to get involved and help set the record straight.

• Love 1

Found one to avoid on Netflix -Paranormal Home Inspectors. Watched 2 episodes, have the 3rd one on & will be turning it off. Show schedule: introduction to the home, owners, what they experience, etc. home inspector comes in, looks into the problems home owners described, finds other explanations, and if he can't debunk it, the family pets are doing it. Then a spiritual healer comes in, finds there is definitely something there, next someone researches, finds something bad happened on the property, in the house, near the property. Host tells home owner, a few weeks later the home owner says everything is just hunky dory. Really boring show. Don't bother with it.

I like Ghost Hunters and I like Ancient Aliens and UFO stuff, but I'm removing this one from my list.

• Love 1

yeah i agree, i watched all the Paranormal Home Inspectors episodes (with the Canadian psychic who always cries right?) on youtube (episodes here) and was underwhelmed. i think any show that has a psychic is automatically discredited in my book. Although i love chip coffey. he can do no wrong in my eyes, hahaha.

I was thrilled to find that Yvette Fielding and her merry band of loonies in "Most Haunted" are airing in the US once again. Destination America, Mondays at 10pm Eastern. They aren't airing in any order I could discern, and last night's said it was Chillingham Castle on the guide, but really it was "Nottinghamshire Ghost House, which I believe was Hermeston Hall. It's good to see the always-wrong Derek Acorah again, him and his spirit guide. Or should that be "spirit" "guide."

I was thrilled to find that Yvette Fielding and her merry band of loonies in "Most Haunted" are airing in the US once again. Destination America, Mondays at 10pm Eastern.

No way!! I'm am so on this!!!

Also "A Haunting" season 8 is back on!! Just saw the first episode with the boy who has a deeeeeemon attached to him. LMAO. anyone else see it??

I used to love Paranormal State and I watched Ghost Hunters for a few years. My new favorite is Ghost Asylum which stars the Tennessee Wraith Chasers. And it's the same guys who were at the Roland Doe house for the Halloween Exorcism show. I admit that creeped me out quite a bit.

I'm liking the Demon Files and Ralph Sarchie scares me a little. He tolerates no BS and is completely unashamed about rifling through homeowners drawers and closets.

Hi all! If there is a ghost show, I am there. I haven't seen this one mentioned yet but Nick Groffe, formerly of Ghost Adventures, has a new show airing on Friday nights on Destination America channel entitled " Paranormal Lockdown".  it also stars Katrina from Paranormal State. Last weeks episode had Amy Bruni and Adam ??? both formerly of Ghost Hunters. it was pretty decent.

Edited because words spelled wrong are not nice.

Edited by Happy Belly

I was thrilled to find that Yvette Fielding and her merry band of loonies in "Most Haunted" are airing in the US once again. Destination America, Mondays at 10pm Eastern. They aren't airing in any order I could discern, and last night's said it was Chillingham Castle on the guide, but really it was "Nottinghamshire Ghost House, which I believe was Hermeston Hall. It's good to see the always-wrong Derek Acorah again, him and his spirit guide. Or should that be "spirit" "guide."

i'm having a hard time finding the new season of MH online, argh!! i also heard ghostly encounters have new episodes up but can't find them either!

I used to love Paranormal State and I watched Ghost Hunters for a few years. My new favorite is Ghost Asylum which stars the Tennessee Wraith Chasers. And it's the same guys who were at the Roland Doe house for the Halloween Exorcism show. I admit that creeped me out quite a bit.

I'm liking the Demon Files and Ralph Sarchie scares me a little. He tolerates no BS and is completely unashamed about rifling through homeowners drawers and closets.

i loved PS too, the main kid Ryan went through a lot of crazy health scares after that show ended. i've watches a few GA shows and need to download the rest, thanks for the reminder. DF is just too over the top for me. his provocation methods and super judgmental attitude (he yelled at some family for having halloween decorations up) turned me the fuck off.

Anybody remember a show called 'Paranormal Cops'? I think it was only on for one season and featured real police detectives who investigated the paranormal on the side. I thought it was really good.

Also, 'Ghost Lab'. What the heck happened to that show?

i assume they were both cancelled. i remember both shows and really liked them as well.

Hi all! If there is a ghost show, I am there. I haven't seen this one mentioned yet but Nick Groffe, formerly of Ghost Adventures, has a new show airing on Friday nights on Destination America channel entitled " Paranormal Lockdown".  it also stars Katrina from Paranormal State. Last weeks episode had Amy Bruni and Adam ??? both formerly of Ghost Hunters. it was pretty decent.

just watched the first ep of Paranormal Lockdown (PL)... and have to say i like a few things so far: they stay 3 days, they actually honor their word and will leave if the spirits do as they asked (ie. saying Katrina), they have a good energy together although i think Katrina's psychic-ness is BS and i like that they bring in other famous paranormal investigators. i did have an issue with their last piece of evidence and COULD NOT for the life of me see any dark shadow slithering behind them, was it just me? could any of you see it??

Ghost Nerds Unite!

Edited by msbeesknees
  • Love 1

i did have an issue with their last piece of evidence and COULD NOT for the life of me see any dark shadow slithering behind them, was it just me? could any of you see it??

I couldn't see it, but I have a crappy tv. Reddit to the rescue.

I don't know what to make of that. But I do know that I forgot it was on, and so didn't watch the second episode.

i also couldn't see the slithering entity but my sister, who was sitting next to me watching it, ,was yelling about how creepy that thing is. No matter how many times they showed it and no matter how many times i viewed it in slo-mo on mu TiVo, I could barely make out anything back there, let alone it was slithering! 

• Love 2

It's weird. it's obviously a human, but what was he doing there? Someone must have known, and if they were there for three days, why wasn't there other "evidence" to show, and just not show that at all? I know Destination America doesn't give a single solitary hoot about anything being genuine - Mountain Monsters, anyone? But Nick surely should.

• Love 1

honestly i stopped watching it two seasons ago. speaking of the Zak, his new show deadly possessions is fucking turrrrrrible. 

ETA: my haunted house is back on the air, i seriously love the hipster actors acting out the reenactments. the current episode with the girl who goes into a haunted house on a dare scared the piss outta me! 

Edited by msbeesknees

If you're not watching Ghost Brothers on Destination America, you should be. It's hilarious. One guy describes what his wife would do if a female ghost follows him home, another one's response to "will you be okay if something happens" is "duh, no, I'll be all alone in a creepy basement!" I honestly don't even remember if they got any evidence, but it sure was fun to watch.

I've given up on Paranormal Lockdown. It sounds bad, but there is such a thing as too much Nick, apparently.

• Love 2

ghost brothers? what is this that you speaketh of!? OK, going in search of it now, I can't believe i missed this!!

also, i as well gave up on paranormal lockdown, it just didn't dazzle me.

another heads up: has anyone else heard that a NEW celebrity paranormal project will be on tonight??? that show last aired 9 years ago. tvguide just sent me a reminder, does anyone else know about this??

eta: apparently CPP s01 is now available on hulu, i guess that's what the reminder was, i almost had a heart attack.

Edited by msbeesknees

Did anyone see that Ryan Buell from Paranormal State has been arrested? I know he took a lot of money under false pretenses but there was no mention in any of the articles I read that said what the exact charges are against him.

Yeah, that's him. Belial is after him, apparently. Paranormal State was an awful show, and I can't even watch Nick Groff's new show, because someone from PS is on it. None of the PS folks have any credibility whatsoever.

Is anyone else watching "Ghosts of Shepherdstown" on TLC? It's a six part series featuring three paranormal investigators. The only one I recognized was Nick Groff.

The show takes place in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. Apparently the town is really old and has always been haunted but paranormal activity has really picked up and this small town is being bombarded with 911 calls that end up being unexplained in nature. So, the Sheriff decided to let this paranormal team investigate these cases to see what's happening. In addition to the three researchers, there's also a local historian that I quite like, and a psychic medium.

Haha, it's a bit like Ghost Mine. I like that it's set in one specific town and we learn more about it every episode. There's some pretty good evidence, shutter closing on it's own, etc. I don't know, I like it. You can always try watching the first episode and seeing if it captures your attention. TLC is airing it all week at different times.

First episode takes place at the Sweet Shoppe. The evening baker is getting freaked out hearing strange sounds in the old building. She is also seeing stuff falling from the windows. When the paranormal investigators get there, they see the building was once a hospital that was used to care for soldiers during the Civil War.

TLC has a new show out called "Evil Things." People recount ghostly stories involving haunted objects. It reminds me a bit of "My Haunted House." It's interesting enough and I'll probably watch it, but I believe the people recounting their 'experiences' are just actors cuz everything sounds kind of fake. Like the tone they use, etc. It sounds like they're reading a script.

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/evil-things-on-tlc/about

• Love 1

Has anyone watched "Ghost Stalkers"?  It's not on regularly and I don't think they have many episodes but I caught it again last night.  The drama level is high.  The younger guy reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo.  The tiniest of unthreatening noises will send him clinging to the rafters.  In one episode, they are exploring an abandoned school.  To stimulate activity, he sits on a stage and pulls out a recorder and starts playing Hot Cross Buns while sitting Indian style.  Not only is it the most ridiculous thing ever, then he starts yelling at the unseen entities, "do you like my song...Hot Cross Buns?".  My husband and I routinely say this to each other.  It will never stop being hilarious. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 12:41 AM, bilgistic said:

Is it just following a bunch of people around while they go, "Did you hear that?!" or is it good?

I still maintain that the best ghost tv shows are the ones where the actors walk around in period costumes and the narrator explains the ghost story,

I have no idea why but it creeps me out.

Sunday night, 9/30, the Travel Channel show Haunted Places, I think, one of my best friends is making his tv acting debut! The show is about a Hotel in Eureka Springs Arkansas, there was a tb hotel/hospital that most of us who watch these kind of shows have seen on several other programs, the dead were taken out secretly in the night through some basement doors, I think, it's been a while since I've seen an episode on the hotel. I'm looking forward to seeing him, he's an older man (my age, 68, we went to high school together) with a grey beard. I have no idea how much he will be on or exactly what he will be doing, he's staying mum on the subject.

• Love 3