Type keyword(s) to search

Paranormal and Ghosthunting Shows: Ghosties, Ghoulies and Things That Go Bump in the Night

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 1/7/2021 at 11:25 PM, Happy Belly said:

History Channel has a new show called “The Truth Is Out There.” They have experts review videos of supposed paranormal activity and if it’s faked, they say it’s faked. The show airs on Tuesdays IIRC.

I saw it last week by accident but forgot to mention it. I was leery when they discussed levitation and showed the debunked little girl flying in Siberia footage but thankfully,  they dismissed it as a hoax later. It's great to see a skeptical paranormal show.

Edited by Ubiquit0us
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

I saw it last week by accident but forgot to mention it. I was leery when they discussed levitation and showed the debunked little girl flying in Siberia footage but thankfully,  they dismissed it as a hoax later. It's great to see a skeptical paranormal show.

I liked it too, and I liked it for the same reason. They explained how it was hoaxed even. I have been side-eyeing that clip forever. I mean, a Russian guy, walking in Russia, with his dog, presumably also Russian and therefore trained to understand commands in Russian, is speaking English in the video? Girl, no. I would buy you wanted to film your cute dog frolicking in the forest, but I won't buy that. Do we know it was actually even filmed in Russia, and not in any random US forest by some guy doing a Russian accent? 

• Love 3
On 7/16/2020 at 12:52 PM, Ananayel said:

I'm okay with GA Quarantine, because it either helps them fill their contractually specified number of episodes, or gives them brownie points from Travel Channel for providing new content during this period of filming difficulties. What I'm not cool with is what's going on with taking shows, just renaming them, and calling them "new." Killing Bigfoot from another channel (I think Destination America) is now Bigfoot is Real on TRVL, same thing with Terror in the Woods now being These Woods are Haunted. For no reason, they changed the name of Mysteries at the Museum to Beyond the Unknown, and I think reedited some of it so that old clips go in "new" shows. And don't get me started on Paranormal Caught on Camera: it just had a "season finale" immediately followed by a "season premiere," they recut them so that all the clips on a show have the same theme (UFOs, haunted prisons, whatever) and call them "new," they reuse the footage for Unexplained Caught on Camera, just with some Ripley's Believe It or Not type stuff thrown in and some skeptical talking heads, and now those very same clips will form the basis of the new Osbournes Want to Believe show (I think it's called that) where Sharon, Ozzy and Jack watch and talk about them. Talk about getting your money's worth! They also do this with GA - two or three "prison" eps (for example) get put into a programming block as "Prison Haunts" or something and they call it "new." Zak has even mentioned this.

To be fair, some other channels/shows do it to, like Unearthed, Strange Evidence, Forbidden History. It's frustrating to like a show and think there is a new one, and it's one you've seen already just renamed.

And are there any non-paranormal shows on Travel Channel anymore? They should rename.

What really pisses me off is when they block 3-4 eps together, and say you've already seen, and just want 1 of those.  You've got all that other crap taking up your space.  Its very annoying.  2 eps i can handle.  More than that gets an automatic delete from me

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ForumLou said:

So has anyone signed up for that pisser Dest+ ?  It makes me mad, they are basically holding my favorite shows as hostage when ive already paid for them once through my cable bill.   grrrrrrrererrr

Are you me?! I feel the exact same way - if they want to have exclusive specials or programming that isn't part of an existing network show, fine I guess. If they want to premiere new content of existing shows there, and then show it on the network some specific, consistent time later, that's fine. What they're doing now is not fine. I saw their Twitter - tons of technical difficulties and pissed off people trying to cancel before the free trial is even up. The content creators are surely thrilled they will have substantially fewer viewers, but can't do anything about it. I hope there is a loud screamy boardroom meeting soon, where they rethink this and fix the error of their ways.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ananayel said:

Are you me?! I feel the exact same way - if they want to have exclusive specials or programming that isn't part of an existing network show, fine I guess. If they want to premiere new content of existing shows there, and then show it on the network some specific, consistent time later, that's fine. What they're doing now is not fine. I saw their Twitter - tons of technical difficulties and pissed off people trying to cancel before the free trial is even up. The content creators are surely thrilled they will have substantially fewer viewers, but can't do anything about it. I hope there is a loud screamy boardroom meeting soon, where they rethink this and fix the error of their ways.

Me three. I was annoyed they put the new Joe Kenda show on discovery+. However it is a brand new show and they are trying to get subscribers. Then they started snatching shows that were already airing to only being available streaming. That is when they became way too greedy in my eyes. My husband brought up another reason this frames them in a bad light. He loves his they are doing this when people are losing their jobs or experiencing a lower income due to COVID restrictions. A lot of people can't afford another streaming service. Not a good look and definitely not a great start. What the hell are they going to air on the Travel Channel now?

Edited by badhaggis
Another thought
  • Love 4

I watched some new-ish paranormal shows over the weekend:

• Conspiracies Decoded: This one is refreshingly skeptical, not necessarily paranormal.
  • The UFO Phenomenon: Dubious, but I want to read up on the school visited by aliens story.
  • Helltown: A Travel Channel documentary about Boston "Helltown" Ohio that ended up being someone's lame attempt at ripping of the Blair Witch project.
  • The Proof Is Out There: Another skeptical show. Wow, is this part of a trend?

On 1/9/2021 at 11:16 PM, jewel21 said:

Oooh, my mom and I both wondered about that clip. How did they do it?

Flying Girl Caught on Video in Russian Wood: Fact Check

• Love 1

So last night on Travel they actually showed the premiere of a new show, but one that's "only on" D+ starting next week. Fright Club with Jack Osbourne and the Ghost Brothers. I was so excited when I read about this, because I love them all. And it was fine, it's basically The Osbournes Want to Believe, but with the Ghost Brothers instead of Ozzy and Sharon. At least they watch viewer submitted clips, talk about them as investigators, and sometimes have the submitters come in via video to talk about them. It was fine - I would watch it, but it wasn't enough to get me to replace my tv and computer, get a router and a wifi cable addon, and then pony up to get channels I'm already paying for. I mean, if Mountain Monsters, Ghost Adventures, and Brian Cano's voice can't make me do it, this certainly won't. Kind of sad, because I do love the Ghost Brothers and want them to succeed, so there's that.

• Useful 1
On 2/12/2021 at 10:46 AM, Nicmar said:

I watched a couple of episodes of Terror in the Woods they were ok. But does anyone remember " A haunting on  Discovery?  I loved that show!

Is that the one where people described their encounter with ghosts? 

I think there was a celebrity version too.

One of my favorites was Kim Russo. If i remember her name correctly. That might not be it.  Anyway she would meet an actor at some location that had traumatized them as a kid, and Kim goes thru and reads the place and solves the mystery.  I havent seen her in a long time though

I haven't seen anything new for awhile now. Have all the new shows and eps been moved to D+? 😠

18 hours ago, ForumLou said:

One of my favorites was Kim Russo. If i remember her name correctly. That might not be it.  Anyway she would meet an actor at some location that had traumatized them as a kid, and Kim goes thru and reads the place and solves the mystery.  I haven't seen her in a long time though

I vaguely remember it, but am leery of anyone who claims to be a medium or psychic. If memory serves, those were followups to an previous show, sort of a repackaging the show as a new one. The one ep from the original that I remember most involved a famous married couple who somehow ended up in a town full of zombies(?) in England.

18 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Does anyone know how to stream it to the television?  I'm tired of tablet viewing

Do you have a Smart TV with an Internet connection?

On 1/18/2021 at 2:49 PM, Ubiquit0us said:

I watched some new-ish paranormal shows over the weekend:

• Conspiracies Decoded: This one is refreshingly skeptical, not necessarily paranormal.
  • The UFO Phenomenon: Dubious, but I want to read up on the school visited by aliens story.
  • Helltown: A Travel Channel documentary about Boston "Helltown" Ohio that ended up being someone's lame attempt at ripping of the Blair Witch project.
  • The Proof Is Out There: Another skeptical show. Wow, is this part of a trend?

Watched this one back in October, somewhere around Halloween.  That was about as you described, a Blair Witch-esque ripoff, only more about secret government experiments gone wrong than the actual paranormal.

Watching a P; CoT marathon on Trvl (for like the millionth time), and I've realized for the first time after seeing it hundreds of times.... the clip of the apartment in Russia that is getting trashed by the supposed shadow figure.  It goes around both the kitchen and bedroom, trashing both rooms, yet never disturbs the camera/recording equipment - aside from some shaking of the surface their on - despite going right by both.  That seems highly unlikely that neither video recorder wasn't at the very least knocked over if not pushed off/trashed by supposed supernatural entity.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Ubiquit0us said:

I haven't seen anything new for awhile now. Have all the new shows and eps been moved to D+? 😠

I vaguely remember it, but am leery of anyone who claims to be a medium or psychic. If memory serves, those were followups to an previous show, sort of a repackaging the show as a new one. The one ep from the original that I remember most involved a famous married couple who somehow ended up in a town full of zombies(?) in England.

Do you have a Smart TV with an Internet connection?

I dont think so.  I would have noticed that

(edited)

Can't even get away from P;CoC clips when watching another channel.

Watching a Strange Evidence marathon on SCI Channel and at least 1 P;CoC clip per episode has been debated and attempted to provide a scientific explanation for what happened.

This could be very old news, but for the big Brian Cano fans (one of the P:CoC 'experts'), he's one of the investigators on a show called The Haunted Collector Files.  A mini "marathon" is airing now on Travl, and my guide is saying these are brand new episodes (at least in terms of being aired by the network).  Can't tell by seeing him here if its in the present time or actually from a few years ago.

Turned THCF on just for the heck of it to see what it was like, and was thrown when he showed up as one of the investigators and in infrared lighting.  The immediate reaction was hey, I recognize that face and voice, but it can't be him.  It is him.  He was labeled so on the show.

This run of episodes I'm watching runs up to 11a CST, this morning.  All from season 1 (if there's more).

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

This could be very old news, but for the big Brian Cano fans (one of the P:CoC 'experts'), he's one of the investigators on a show called The Haunted Collector Files.  A mini "marathon" is airing now on Travl, and my guide is saying these are brand new episodes (at least in terms of being aired by the network).  Can't tell by seeing him here if its in the present time or actually from a few years ago.

Turned THCF on just for the heck of it to see what it was like, and was thrown when he showed up as one of the investigators and in infrared lighting.  The immediate reaction was hey, I recognize that face and voice, but it can't be him.  It is him.  He was labeled so on the show.

This run of episodes I'm watching runs up to 11a CST, this morning.  All from season 1 (if there's more).

So, after watching 2.5 episodes, I conclude that THCF is just like every other ghost/paranormal investigation show - only with someone recognized from another program.  I've watched enough ghost hunting shows to classify them all as "seen one, seen them all".  The only difference about this show and something like Ghost Adventures is that the reactions are very toned down and not over-acted.

Brian Cano is the tech expert on the show.  Is involved in investigations, and is a person who leans skeptical but is very open to encountering & interacting with the paranormal.

• Love 1

If anyone's interested to at least check it out.....  Don't know when it started, just turned the channel on, but a block of THCF is on again on Travl.  (running to 3p CST today)  Episodes are all in order.  1.08 on now and runs through 1.11.

ETA:  Episodes 12-15 of s1 will be airing at 11a-2p CST tomorrow (4/25).

On 4/24/2021 at 3:39 PM, Ananayel said:

Thanks - I had seen the show mentioned in places but had never bothered to watch it. I think I was confusing it with another show with the Zaffis dude. I will check it out!

Yeah.  Uh.  About all the previous "seems kinda new-ish" stuff I was thinking it might have been.....

After some research, it turns out Trvl got the rights to air it and 're-branded' it into their own form.  Which makes sense now, because I was kinda confused how it was labeled as The Haunted Collector Files on my D*tv guide, when the show labeled itself Haunted Collector.

Come to find out, the show (when it started) is literally just about a decade old.  It originally aired, over 3 seasons, between 2011 and 2013 on Syfy

Will say this for Brian Cano, he aged well.  Can barely tell there was a time gap between HC and P;CoC, even the latest aired ones.

Some info about HC, if people are curious....
'Haunted Collector' Wiki page

• Useful 1

Yeah, TRVL sucks. I realized as soon as I saw Zaffis dude something like that happened. I don't really like Zaffis dude, but I'll watch for Brian. They did the same thing with Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files formerly of SyFy. Now it's True Paranormal: Fact or Faked or something like that. They think giving us this "new" crap will make up for the fact that all of their actual new stuff is only available to people willing to cough up more money for that damn app they advertise 600 times in one evening. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Yeah, TRVL sucks. I realized as soon as I saw Zaffis dude something like that happened. I don't really like Zaffis dude, but I'll watch for Brian. They did the same thing with Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files formerly of SyFy. Now it's True Paranormal: Fact or Faked or something like that. They think giving us this "new" crap will make up for the fact that all of their actual new stuff is only available to people willing to cough up more money for that damn app they advertise 600 times in one evening. 

I agree that the re-branding does suck, at least in mistaking it for being recent or not, but in this case I [likely] never would have known that Brian Cano was on that show, or that show even had existed.  I can now watch BC comment on ghost/spirit/poltergeist clips (on P;CoC) and not think he does a good job at sounding like he knows what he's talking about, when in fact, he does know a bit about it.  I should look into the rest of the 'experts', see what practical experience they had previously.  Moran (guy who always wears a hat, and has the bit of hair under his lip) was someone that Zaffis talked to when researching a property they were investigating, in NJ.

And only 600 times?  I think you might be underselling it.  Between SCI and Trvl, seems more like its 1000 times every few hours.

• Love 2
(edited)

Regarding P;CoC (like always), do you ever see a clip and think "wow, that's creepy!" believing what you saw might have been a real paranormal event, but then you see something that immediately makes you go "... wait a minute ....."?

One of the most recently aired new episodes (on Trvl) - airing now, ahead the newest one in about 45 minutes - the first clip set includes a supposed shadow figure caught standing then moving on the floor above the video takers at the abandoned care home.  It seems quite authentic at first, but then they show a zoomed in view and it seems to catch a light shine off the "shadow figure"s footwear as its moving.

Is it possible the light was caught glinting off the railing?, yeah, but its weird how it isn't seen until, or any other time before or after, the figure seems to step back a bit before moving out of view.

Clips like this prove to me that (at least some of) the 'experts' only see what they want.  I am not a person who can easily pick out visible things in clips or TV shows or movies.  So if I can notice something like that, just about anyone can.  Yet, all the commentary is about how its such a spooky supernatural event and not even a hint of a debunking or questioning opinion.

I also wonder if some people call in to question the validity of the clips to be reviewed, and they are edited out of the show.  Like Cano hasn't been one of the commenters on either of the first two sets of clips  [the care home & the UFO only visible through the piece of glass].

• Love 1

Watched the 'O.M.G.; Caught on Camera' episode of P;CoC last night - or at least one of them.

Screw all the ghosts/poltergeists, aliens, and sounds/screams they usually cover - that shit was scary!  Getting hit by a car while sitting in a restaurant, one plane hitting another in mid-air while trying to skydive, a boat speeding at you and running over your boat while your fishing, a tree falling directly on the chair you were just sitting in & barely got out of the way in time, or skiing off the side of a fairly steep cliff and walking away pretty much unscathed.  

F* those real life threatening events, give me the haunted locations and all the other paranormal scares every day!   lol

(edited)

I know this thread is more about the ghosts/hauntings definition of 'paranormal', but I didn't see an "outer space/UFOs" thread to put this is in.........

Watching UFOs Declassified LIVE, and its interesting in the sense that its live and I like seeing people get excited about non-definitive subjects that are open to interpretation and debate, but......  5 commercial breaks in the first hour (63 minutes) alone, when they supposedly have so much evidence to share and discussion with experts to get to.

Ugh.

• Love 1
On 6/30/2021 at 9:05 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I know this thread is more about the ghosts/hauntings definition of 'paranormal', but I didn't see an "outer space/UFOs" thread to put this is in.........

A couple weeks ago, Travel Channel was playing The Phenomenon, which was about UFO's, along with a bunch of other similar shows and more than usual (I know, right?) promos for UFO shows on D+, which was weird because I've never seen UFO shows on this channel before. In retrospect, I guess that was the weekend the government released their report on UFOs, but this show (which I inferred played previously on D+) left me skeptical because they included Betty and Barney Hill, the car that was claimed to have collided with an UFO, and Roswell.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

A couple weeks ago, Travel Channel was playing The Phenomenon, which was about UFO's, along with a bunch of other similar shows and more than usual (I know, right?) promos for UFO shows on D+, which was weird because I've never seen UFO shows on this channel before. In retrospect, I guess that was the weekend the government released their report on UFOs, but this show (which I inferred played previously on D+) left me skeptical because they included Betty and Barney Hill, the car that was claimed to have collided with an UFO, and Roswell.

I'm as skeptical about UFOs [true aliens from another world UFOs, that is] as I am about ghosts, etc.  Its not that I don't want to believe, but its most likely going to take a personal up-close experience to truly change my mind and outlook on the whole phenomena.

• Useful 1

I hate that most of the documentary/informational/scientific,etc stuff I can tolerate watching is mostly on the channels in the Discovery network, because that pop-up bug advertising Discovery+ - on every effing segment of a program - is driving me totally bonkers.

Because of its placement, it almost always pops up when english translations/closed captioning of the person speaking are provided or something very interesting is occurring on screen.  So frustrating.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Because of its placement, it almost always pops up when English translations/closed captioning of the person speaking are provided or something very interesting is occurring on screen.  So frustrating.

I hate when it pops up during Scoobie Douche's show and I briefly think there's a ghostly hand manifesting during their investigation.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/20/2021 at 8:28 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Regarding P;CoC (like always), do you ever see a clip and think "wow, that's creepy!" believing what you saw might have been a real paranormal event, but then you see something that immediately makes you go "... wait a minute ....."?

I watched Paranormal; Caught on Camera last night and got annoyed and changed the channel when all the "experts" seriously thought some strange disk-shaped clouds were UFO's trying to disguise themselves as clouds and the footage of a cloud in a parking lot (which was explained several years ago) was preternatural. 🙄

Edited by Gharlane
Added clip of "parking lot cloud".
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I watched Paranormal; Caught on Camera last night and got annoyed and changed the channel when all the "experts" seriously thought some strange disk-shaped clouds were UFO's trying to disguise themselves as clouds and the footage of a cloud in a parking lot (which was explained several years ago) was preternatural. 🙄

Yeah, that was a laugher.  I also get a kick from how a lot of them are very sure to point that certain clips are not faked, no way they can be.  Ok, sure, cause you're all obviously the foremost experts in detecting electronic fakes and forgery, not to mention people's reactions being the real deal and not just a put-upon act to sell a fake.

The more I watch P;CoC, the more I think those 'experts' are paid to just spew BS.  The producers are probably constantly reminding them;  "These videos & clips are probably fake/d, but talk it up anyways.  Act astounded and make it believable.".  Either that, or the 'experts' are such hardcore believers that they can't allow themselves to see the "evidence" & "evidence gather(s)" testimony as anything more than 1000% genuine paranormal activity caught on camera.

• Love 2

I was unable to find the explanation for those parking lot clouds, but I remember someone saying it was bubbles/foam coming out of parking lot sewer drains and being buoyant because of the hot air or methane from decomposing matter inside. Here's another one with a better view of the cloud.

• Useful 2
(edited)
On 7/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, BookWitch said:

Cameras can pretty much see the hairs on a fleas ass at this point so there's  no excuse for some of this "footage" being so blurry.  

The same reason that quite a few of the evidence presenters are repeat offenders, IE have shared evidence quite a few times on the series over its 4 seasons.

A lot of the show's 'experts' like to say that with the invention and everyday usage of security cameras that evidence is being gathered more and more all the time... yet, its always the same repeat presenters that have the 'best' and the supposedly more unexplainable captures.

Just like with a majority of the ghost hunting shows;  I'm not saying its all faked, but I'd be willing to bet that at least half of it is. 

• Love 1

Last night's PCoC was particularly bad. 

"Ghost Handprint, Poltergeist Attack And More". Tiny handprints appear out of
nowhere on a bathroom mirror. A man is attacked by a knife-wielding
poltergeist. A mermaid pops up in a Tennessee lake. Paranormal investigators
encounter a howling ghost in a cemetery.

Once again, they show us dubious paranormal home video and the credulous reaction of so-called paranormal experts who declare it "authentic". I just can't...

• I missed the ghostly handprints segment but assume it happened after getting steamed up by someone taking a hot shower, not "out of nowhere".
  • I had to laugh at the declaration that a UFO was "obviously" guided by intelligence b/c it was "interacting" with a "spiritual" woman recording it who just happened to be a hippy selling new age snake oil and thought it had specifically sought her out for those qualities.
  • I also laughed at the ghost investigators employing the "Estes method", meaning you put on a blindfold and headphones playing white noise to block outside sounds in order to help the ghost talk to you, but she was clearly answering the questions her partner was asking her. Oh yeah, she also claimed the ghost was twisting her head to the side.
  • A man retroactively saw a head peeking thru a window while he was recording inside a building he was renovating. I didn't understand why it couldn't have been a person, but I think he said the window was ten feet off the ground or too high for a person to peek into. 
  • A man claimed to have surveyence camera footage of ghost children playing with a dog. I am no digital camera expert, but I found it odd that they appeared after a car with its high beams on drove by and the blobs seemed to move the same direction as the car.
  • I have no idea what the mermaid footage was b/c it was  recorded at a landlocked lake  which makes no sense; I'm going to be charitable and say it was someone practicing for a job with Wiki Wauchi show...
  • Oh yeah, the "howling ghost" in the cemetery was obviously a stray cat.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Last night's PCoC was particularly bad. 

Once again, they show us dubious paranormal home video and the credulous reaction of so-called paranormal experts who declare it "authentic". I just can't...

• I missed the ghostly handprints segment but assume it happened after getting steamed up by someone taking a hot shower, not "out of nowhere".
  • I had to laugh at the declaration that a UFO was "obviously" guided by intelligence b/c it was "interacting" with a "spiritual" woman recording it who just happened to be a hippy selling new age snake oil and thought it had specifically sought her out for those qualities.
  • I also laughed at the ghost investigators employing the "Estes method", meaning you put on a blindfold and headphones playing white noise to block outside sounds in order to help the ghost talk to you, but she was clearly answering the questions her partner was asking her. Oh yeah, she also claimed the ghost was twisting her head to the side.
  • A man retroactively saw a head peeking thru a window while he was recording inside a building he was renovating. I didn't understand why it couldn't have been a person, but I think he said the window was ten feet off the ground or too high for a person to peek into. 
  • A man claimed to have surveyence camera footage of ghost children playing with a dog. I am no digital camera expert, but I found it odd that they appeared after a car with its high beams on drove by and the blobs seemed to move the same direction as the car.
  • I have no idea what the mermaid footage was b/c it was  recorded at a landlocked lake  which makes no sense; I'm going to be charitable and say it was someone practicing for a job with Wiki Wauchi show...
  • Oh yeah, the "howling ghost" in the cemetery was obviously a stray cat.

• Ghost handprint is so easily debunkable.  I bet one of the couple's young kids was told to put their hand on the mirror before the steam of the shower fogged up the glass, thus creating the "ghost handprint" appearing out of nowhere.
  • UFO people are straight up cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  Like the one guy that 'talks to them' or the guy that draws them to him with his music, etc.  Wacky weirdos.
  • I actually hate those kinds of clips because there's just absolutely no way to know if she was faking her head being turned or not, but I'm guessing it was faked.
  • I've seen this clip a few times, and especially after watching last night, it looks like a young boy's face was superimposed into the video, to make the 'face in a place it couldn't be'.  Also, the "something put their arm around me while I was taking a leak" part sounds quite hard to believe too.  WhyTF would a ghost bro hug you while you're urinating??
  • Most likely, but it was cool seeing the dogs jumping around for no reason.  Could have been trained to do that for faking evidence.
  • "Nobody else reacted or acted like they saw it.", the lady explained about the supposed mermaid in a landlocked lake.  There's a reason for that... it wasn't a "f*ing mermaid!!" like you kept screaming it is.  It was just someone wearing a fish tail and practicing swimming with it on.  The end of the tail was so limp and obviously something manufactured and not natural, but all the experts ignored that fact staring them straight in the face.
  • The same for the "musical repeating sound" coming from the sewers in that one set of clips about unexplained sounds heard and recorded.  Its a cat loudly meowing, as well as echoing due to the location.
  • Love 1

Last night seemed to be mostly made up of previously aired clips re-edited into a two hour show so they can call it "new." I know I've seen the mermaid and the pixellated ghost do segments before. Tonight's is allegedly actually "new." We shall see. I'm so tired of them doing this - they do it with everything - Ghost Adventures, this, whatever they're calling the various Don Wildman shows, other channels in this family do it too. Tricksy!

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually kinda like this Paranormal: Fact or Faked series. 

They are willing to believe in the existence of the paranormal, but they work their asses off to disprove/debunk/prove-its-hoaxed evidence.  So when they can't prove its faked/misidentified as natural things, it raises an eyebrow.  Maybe they just didn't do the right test/experiment to find out what natural cause was caught on camera, but for someone open to the possibility that not every single thing is disprovable its intriguing.

The only problem I can see somebody having with the show is when they do their own "nighttime investigations", nobody else - the other team, etc - is trying to disprove/debunk their own findings.

• Love 1

There really needs to be a Paranormal: Caught on Camera - Fact or Faked.

Where a group of people get together and try to debunk all the clips shown on P: CoC, or try to prove they are hoaxes.   Some of these P: CoC 'experts' seem like they are struggling to act even interested enough to fake their intrigue about a certain clip or provided 'evidence' sometimes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Last night seemed to be mostly made up of previously aired clips re-edited into a two hour show so they can call it "new." I know I've seen the mermaid and the pixellated ghost do segments before. Tonight's is allegedly actually "new." We shall see. I'm so tired of them doing this - they do it with everything - Ghost Adventures, this, whatever they're calling the various Don Wildman shows, other channels in this family do it too. Tricksy!

I think they're doing this b/c they couldn't make new ones during the epidemic and they moved all the new material to their streaming service whose name I cannot recall now. It's like they never ever mention it! 

3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I actually kinda like this Paranormal: Fact or Faked series. 

They are willing to believe in the existence of the paranormal, but they work their asses off to disprove/debunk/prove-its-hoaxed evidence.  So when they can't prove its faked/misidentified as natural things, it raises an eyebrow.  Maybe they just didn't do the right test/experiment to find out what natural cause was caught on camera, but for someone open to the possibility that not every single thing is disprovable its intriguing.

I enjoyed it when it originally aired on the SciFi Channel under a different name, but got annoyed by them wasting half of their 30 minutes on half-assed debunking attempts before doing the first thing I would have tried or dismissing it because they hadn't perfectly duplicated the clip.

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I enjoyed it when it originally aired on the SciFi Channel under a different name, but got annoyed by them wasting half of their 30 minutes on half-assed debunking attempts before doing the first thing I would have tried or dismissing it because they hadn't perfectly duplicated the clip.

I'm pretty sure it was just called Fact or Faked. I could be wrong though. I also can't remember if it's Strange Evidence on Science Channel or Unexlained: Caught on Camera that tries to debunk stuff. Probably Strange Evidence.  There was one night that a clip was on CoC and Strange Evidence within an hour of each other, with one saying it was totes genuine and the other showing how it was debunked. I still watch though....

Edited by Ananayel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I think they're doing this b/c they couldn't make new ones during the epidemic and they moved all the new material to their streaming service whose name I cannot recall now. It's like they never ever mention it!

The "new" episode every Thursday night at 9p EST/8p CST is technically brand new - to just the Travel Channel viewers, like myself - but they've been available on Discovery+ (the streaming service) for almost 3 months now.