Type keyword(s) to search

Paranormal and Ghosthunting Shows: Ghosties, Ghoulies and Things That Go Bump in the Night

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Quite frankly, I think the ghost investigation genre hit its peak about a decade ago and is just coasting on fumes.

Can't disagree.  As I've said before;  "seen one, seen 'em all".

But some of the personalities are a lot easier to watch than others.  Same stuff, just some are more fun to watch.  For me, its the ones who go overboard with their egos and 'reactions' that turns me off of a series.

Bagans & GA?  Staring right at you.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Quite frankly, I think the ghost investigation genre hit its peak about a decade ago and is just coasting on fumes.

You mean, it's a dead genre that refuses to go away?

• LOL 4
On 7/17/2023 at 6:45 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Can't disagree.  As I've said before;  "seen one, seen 'em all".

But some of the personalities are a lot easier to watch than others.  Same stuff, just some are more fun to watch.  For me, its the ones who go overboard with their egos and 'reactions' that turns me off of a series.

Bagans & GA?  Staring right at you.

Which is why Ghost Brothers, Destination Fear, and anything with an Osbourne were much more enjoyable for me. Even the Tennessee Wraith Chasers show(s). I've missed the past few episodes of GA, because I'm not used to looking for it on Discovery, and I haven't missed it. I'll wait till the reruns turn up somewhere, and then only if there's nothing else on.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/22/2023 at 10:17 AM, Ananayel said:

Which is why Ghost Brothers, Destination Fear, and anything with an Osbourne were much more enjoyable for me. Even the Tennessee Wraith Chasers show(s). I've missed the past few episodes of GA, because I'm not used to looking for it on Discovery, and I haven't missed it. I'll wait till the reruns turn up somewhere, and then only if there's nothing else on.

I haven't even tried to bother making time to watch any of the new GA season either.

Just seeing the preview commercials for each new episode shows me that absolutely nothing has changed.  Its still same the ol' BS with that group.

I am actually dreading never wanting to watch future seasons of P:CoC - for humorously guessing "how the 'proof' was hoaxed" purposes, mostly - because they will likely get Bagans on as a commenter at some point.  I can already imagine the know-it-all ego bleeding through the TV screen as he tells us about all his own personal experiences with whatever the clip is about.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Like 2
(edited)

I've been a fan of ghost hunting shows for years and I'm so disappointed that my three favs (Ghost Brothers, Kindred Spirits and Destination Fear) are all being killed off. This is after losing another fav (the Holzer Files) last year.

I lean to the sceptical, so I miss shows that 

a) were at least open to the possibility that the place wasn't really haunted.

b) caught things that were more impressive than dancing stick figures and mumbly radio signals "Did you hear that? It said 'Zack is the best ever and we're going to kill him through this very cursed demonic portal energy vortex'?" Me "I heard ssssssssssssh pshhhhh meep moop."

c) Did not portray all (alleged) ghosts as super evil and probably demonic things that are likely to either possess the hosts (GA) or kill the homeowners (Dead files, glaring at you).

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I mean, some of them are so stinkin' obvious. I have an old analog tv (30+ years old and still works fine) so if I can tell it's fake, even on my decidedly non-HiDef tv, how can they not? I do like that they've got the Ghost Brothers on as commentators now. Love those guys.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 7/22/2023 at 5:37 PM, satrunrose said:

I've been a fan of ghost hunting shows for years and I'm so disappointed that my three favs (Ghost Brothers, Kindred Spirits and Destination Fear) are all being killed off. This is after losing another fav (the Holzer Files) last year.

I lean to the sceptical, so I miss shows that 

a) were at least open to the possibility that the place wasn't really haunted.

b) caught things that were more impressive than dancing stick figures and mumbly radio signals "Did you hear that? It said 'Zack is the best ever and we're going to kill him through this very cursed demonic portal energy vortex'?" Me "I heard ssssssssssssh pshhhhh meep moop."

c) Did not portray all (alleged) ghosts as super evil and probably demonic things that are likely to either possess the hosts (GA) or kill the homeowners (Dead files, glaring at you).

Yes, especially the Dead Files. I stopped watching that when what's her face ( cannot remember her name to save my live) was at the Lizzy Borden house and said Lizzy and her sister were intimate with each other. And as you said the home owners were always in danger of losing their lives or their sanity usually from native American ghosts.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes, especially the Dead Files. I stopped watching that when what's her face ( cannot remember her name to save my live) was at the Lizzy Borden house and said Lizzy and her sister were intimate with each other. And as you said the home owners were always in danger of losing their lives or their sanity usually from native American ghosts.

Oh I missed that! Good lord. Amy Allan is her name, and her incessant mugging drove me away. I liked Steve at first, but not anymore. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes, there's an undertone of something I don't quite like in the repeated stories of evil Native American spirits coming to kill the settlers (sometimes they add a dash of voodoo for variety). 

• Like 2
On 9/15/2023 at 11:29 AM, Ananayel said:

Oh I missed that! Good lord. Amy Allan is her name, and her incessant mugging drove me away. I liked Steve at first, but not anymore. 

Oh same here.  I couldn't stand how each week was exactly the same 'yes that is what I saw' to the sketch artist of the week.  How about a 'oh that's perfect! ' or 'that is very good, you captured it.  Shake it up a little! The other thing that always bugged me was when Steve would introduce her to the family, no hi or hello. Let alone a simple smile! Is it so hard to maybe give them some ease.  Gahhh. Stone face bitch. Hehe sorry. On the plus side I think she is gone.  Cindy Kaza did the last 2 eps with Steve and she's is the credits.  I dunno what happened but wahoo is all I can say 

On 9/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I love watching a clip get dissected on P:CoC as "soo supernatural!".

..... knowing it was already debunked as a CGI-generated hoax on The Proof Is Out There a few weeks ago.

I take TPioT with a grain of salt as well. His 'experts' that do the debunk are the same psychics etc as are on the other shows.  The only real one I tend to believe is the guy who examines graphics to see if they've been doctored

• Like 3
7 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I take TPioT with a grain of salt as well. His 'experts' that do the debunk are the same psychics etc as are on the other shows.  The only real one I tend to believe is the guy who examines graphics to see if they've been doctored

Yep, agreed. 

And that was the one who debunked the mentioned footage as CGI doctored.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, ForumLou said:

The other thing that always bugged me was when Steve would introduce her to the family, no hi or hello. Let alone a simple smile! Is it so hard to maybe give them some ease.  

I don't think she/the show are out to ease anyone, though. I mean, has she ever found that the ghost is friendly Uncle Bob the joker who likes to pop in and startle you from time to time, or nice Mrs Smith who built the house and just likes to check in once in a while?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I don't think she/the show are out to ease anyone, though. I mean, has she ever found that the ghost is friendly Uncle Bob the joker who likes to pop in and startle you from time to time, or nice Mrs Smith who built the house and just likes to check in once in a while?

She could at least say hello.  Sorry my dam keyboard 

• LOL 1

Anybody watch the premiere of Jack Osbourne's Night of Terror this past Sunday night?  It's basically about him taking a different family member and/or celeb friend to go ghost hunting with him.

He took his mother, Sharon, to the Glen Tavern Inn to investigate its paranormal claims for this one.

I'll always be a fan of Jack's wit, but other than what happened towards the end, it was pretty boring honestly.  Also still can't stand Chip Coffey.  Don't think I ever will be able to.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Like 1

I adore all the Osbournes, so I watched. What happened to Sharon was quite scary, but I'm glad she's okay. I've made my peace with Chip Coffey - I mean, he's on so many of these shows now I'd never be able to watch anything if that was a deal-breaker. I just try to revel in his ridiculousness. I actually felt the same way about Katrina Weidman at first, solely due to their association with Ryan Buell and Paranormal State. 

• Like 1