Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

This made me laugh!   Lung blood clots.  She did muse about becoming a Supreme. 

8 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

It was a pulmonary embolism.

Brain aneurysm/pulmonary embolism yeah same/same! 😆 I knew it was one of those ‘isms’! 

(kidding obviously thanks for the correction - late night writing when you should be asleep and medical terminology do not mix 😜)

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yeah. having spent 12 years running a Neuro ICU, I can tell you they are vastly different.  But I understand late night writing.....

No no I know, they are vastly different!  was just kidding. I did just genuinely forget what it was he suffered and took an ‘ism’ guess 😆 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Don't recall that Maddie had Axel in daycare while she was play-acting about nursing school, but they better start saving for the orthodontist now.

Hopefully her husband keeps his real job and has dental coverage for teeth misaligned by excessive pacifier use.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/21/2019 at 8:43 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

This trend of imposing big stupid bows on little baby girl’s heads needs to die already. They look ridiculous, annoying for the child, unnecessary and are probably a safety hazard, just let her be a fricken baby! Babies are cute just as they are. She’s a not a doll or a damn Christmas tree. - Signed a COL who’s completely over this millennial trend bullcrap. 

Then you DEFINITELY do not want to linger for very long on Jinger Duggar's page over on the Counting On threads! 🙂

• LOL 8
15 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Then you DEFINITELY do not want to linger for very long on Jinger Duggar's page over on the Counting On threads! 🙂

Yeeeesss! I’ve posted a similar rant in her thread in the past 😆 she’s the absolute WORST offender for it, to the point I can’t visit their thread anymore as all I want to do is this...

4ACA9406-F94A-4643-91D5-97092445AE0C.jpeg

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

You are a young mother with two kids (your choice) not a concentration camp or cancer survivor.  Get over yourself.

Exactly.  It’s no secret, that a common side effect of children is sleep deprivation. Yes it’s hard, but it’s also hard for millions of women in the world (and millions before you). You won’t die. It’s also your own decision and a privilege to have them, no one wants to hear you whine on social media. She could always phone a friend or (one of her 19 hundred) family members privately to chat and garner sympathy and support, as no one else cares quite frankly. 

• Love 9
On 9/24/2019 at 11:03 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Maddie is starting to rival Mariah for insufferability.  I tell you, those Brown women with an M for their first initial are the worst.  Robyn's name should have been Morticia, or something like that.  She's the worst, too.

I was just ruminating and thought hmmmm Meri's house and Rodent's/Robins's houses sold...so where are they going? ... Oh yeah Rodent got her mansion of course, Meri who knows???

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

777BE167-510B-48D9-81F3-C6B714955111.jpeg

Yes, a newborn and a toddler are hard work, but it is work that ALL parents somehow muddle through...you’re not special, Maddie! And looking back, that is the EASIEST part of being a parent - your only job is to make sure they are warm, dry and fed. Being tired isn’t the end of the world...just wait until those  kids get a serious or life threatening illness, or start growing up and get their own ideas, friends (both regular and romantic) you don’t like, licenses, options to drink or not, use drugs or not, etc, etc...I know it isn’t helpful to new parents, but if only they knew that after those first few years they will swap exhaustion for non-stop challenges with real world consequences! Again this COL says get over yourself, Maddie.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Welcome to the world, Maddie.  Jeez, the minutia that she posts.  Is this typical of social media now?  Yawn.

I think it is typical (I actually think all the Brown girls are pretty typical with posting trivial crap).  While I long for the day when NO ONE posts a picture of their latest meal (unless it is a food/recipe site) I think we're doomed to this kind of drivel on social media.  As a COL I wish I could use my hose on all of them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it is typical (I actually think all the Brown girls are pretty typical with posting trivial crap).  While I long for the day when NO ONE posts a picture of their latest meal (unless it is a food/recipe site) I think we're doomed to this kind of drivel on social media.  As a COL I wish I could use my hose on all of them.

Me too, Daphne.  It's just boring, and like you said, trivial to go to all that trouble.  Hose job for all these yawn-inducing posters!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Perhaps she was expecting a full grown adult to pop out of her uterus this time, since babies require too much care.

Or maybe she thought the emotionless big brother to just suck it up and head off to boarding school.

• LOL 7

Get off social media if you don't want to be judged.  Also, a double negative (not … shouldn't) is a positive; did the Dr. really tell you that you should be stressing out about it?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15

"No serious red flags."

Is she saying that red flags were noted but they are not considered to be of import? Then why call them red flags? Does she know that a red flag indicates a warning?

Yay, home schooling. 

I am shocked to learn that social media isn't all glitter and rainbows and people blowing smoke up your ass.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Using those things becomes more firmly imprinted the longer they are used. That's how a young brain works. The longer the use, the harder the wean. You can make a small hole in them in the beginning to minimize the effect the child starts with and then gets used to having. It's much easier to quit a 5-cigs-a-day habit than a one-pack-a-day habit. Raging for three hours until he vomits was traumatic. Trashing the house - at his age? - illustrates his rage. He doesn't yet have an accurate sense of time - those three hours probably felt like forever to him.

It's incredibly easy to educate yourself these days instead of relying on poor advice (old wives tales) that perhaps is well-meaning but ultimately the wrong road to travel. He wasn't getting something he needed when he was younger and she used the paci as an easy out and now he is paying the price.

He is the firstborn and was an only child for two years and she did not work outside the home. He had her undivided attention and this is how she rolled? Wow. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

How old is Axel that he is in school?   He seems really young to me.   

Either she uses the term "teacher" loosely or I smell BS. He was born in May 20, 2017 so he's about two months shy of being 2.5 years old. 

8 minutes ago, suomi said:

Using those things becomes more firmly imprinted the longer they are used. That's how a young brain works. The longer the use, the harder the wean. You can make a small hole in them in the beginning to minimize the effect the child starts with and then gets used to having. It's much easier to quit a 5-cigs-a-day habit than a one-pack-a-day habit. Raging for three hours until he vomits was traumatic. Trashing the house - at his age? - illustrates his rage. He doesn't yet have an accurate sense of time - those three hours probably felt like forever to him.

It's incredibly easy to educate yourself these days instead of relying on poor advice (old wives tales) that perhaps is well-meaning but ultimately the wrong road to travel. He wasn't getting something he needed when he was younger and she used the paci as an easy out and now he is paying the price.

He is the firstborn and was an only child for two years and she did not work outside the home. He had her undivided attention and this is how she rolled? Wow. 

I have yet to see a pacifier in middle school. He's only two. It's not a big deal.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

I have yet to see a pacifier in middle school. He's only two. It's not a big deal.

Three hours of rage followed by vomiting is a big deal, to him. 

He's closer to 2.5 than 2. In baby years, when tracking the length of time his brain has been addicted, that's a big difference. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, suomi said:

Three hours of rage followed by vomiting is a big deal, to him. 

He's closer to 2.5 than 2. In baby years, when tracking the length of time his brain has been addicted, that's a big difference. 

I think he will be fine. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Higgins said:

I think he will be fine. 

Eventually, yes. Now, not so much. I'm not clear on how that isn't obvious. I'm not aware of rage-induced vomiting being a laudable concept in child-rearing. 

• Love 6

I remember how my mom and grandma weaned my younger sisters from their nuks. 

It was a stormy night and they just...vanished.

The next morning grandma informed my sisters that "Mr. Lightning" took their nuks away and they were gone forever.

Yeah there were tears but then grandpa took us all out for ice cream.

I'm not a parent but don't just HIDE it - throw the damn thing out.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Sorry Dakota I've got a glitch here and my tablet wants to quote you.... I guess I'll have to reboot.

Anyways who would have thought that this pasty faced little twerp that rarely cracks a smile or shows any emotion turns into the INCREDIBLE HULK and tears houses apart when he can't find a baby paci to shove in his pie hole.

They need to get him one that looks like big teeth or something less babyish if they plan on letting him choose when to stop.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I am a mom of two adults and a grandma of 2 toddler boys.  I dont understand the hiding of the pacifier either especially since he was allegedly weaned from it already.  Think his reaction was more from usually being given the paci when he cried.   

Exactly. When they hide it and then give it back they're teaching him that they will hide it, tell him he can't have it/they can't find it and then they will give it back. Duh. 

So, what, Maddie has no experience with children? She was an only child who never did any babysitting, she lived in a little house on the prairie and the neighbors who had kids lived far, far away? I don't get it. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, suomi said:

When they hide it and then give it back they're teaching him that they will hide it, tell him he can't have it/they can't find it and then they will give it back.

Lazy parenting.  Give in when the kids makes too much of a fuss.  Wait til he starts throwing his tantrums when he's old enough to do some serious harm. 

Plus kids over 6 months using a pacifier have higher incidences of ear infections so when Maddie starts bitching about being kept up all night with him screaming she'll have no one to blame but herself.  And don't even think about the orthodontist bills....

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I'm sure it's a preschool/daycare.  He will give the pacifier up soon enough.  

Just now, Gramto6 said:

I think so too. It is just a stressful time for him adjusting to the new baby. It will pass as everyone in the family adjusts to the changes in the family.

Edited by Gramto6
Ack don't know what happened here!
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, suomi said:

Yes!! It will be no different if she tries to remove it again in a few months or a year. He’ll still tantrum for it. One of my boys loved his paci and would have had it in 24/7 if I had let him. But as I’m a parent, it’s my job to set boundaries. I taught him it was for sleep and home only and we always removed it for photos. We then weaned off it at 13 months, he was very upset like Axel and he cried on and off, but again, as a responsible parent, I knew that it would be best long term to do it before he formed even more attachment. We comforted him actively through the separation and explained and cuddled him repeatedly until he was calm. Guess what? It was a distant memory in less than a day.

Is she just going to cave everytime he has a tantrum about something he isn’t happy about in life and give it back? Sorry but lazy parenting. Yeah good luck with raising a healthy independent adult that way.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 11