Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

1C5FE61F-3975-41FB-B957-7DD7EF68F6FD.jpeg

Why do I hope that since they will have a boy and a girl, they will stop reproducing?  And Maddie will silence all those naysayers and get back to school, and finish her degree in whatever?  

Oh, that's right.  Kootie moved the fam to Flag, M & C moved to the east coast, and thus she has no built-in babysitter.  Keep riding that LuLaNo train, Maddie!  Just like sis Mykelti and Mother Meri are betting their bottom dollars,  LLN will have a huge comeback!  Hey, at least you got a cruise out of the dill!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Is there different types of ultrasound....Wtf is a 4D ultrasound?

Is it just a normal ultrasound pic or is it something extra special??

I believe 4D includes movement.  I can’t see doing a commercial sonogram, personally. If it’s medically indicated, that’s different.

• Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Sounds like she's going the "midwife" home birth route again.  

Oh please!  Let's hope that Robyn or Meri don't offer up one of their luxury, spa-like bathrooms for the event, I doubt that TLC would consider it worthy of a trip to NC to film.

• LOL 4
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe 4D includes movement.  I can’t see doing a commercial sonogram, personally. If it’s medically indicated, that’s different.

Well I learn something new every day....hopefully the baby flips the bird at her soon to be fambly 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why do I hope that since they will have a boy and a girl, they will stop reproducing?  And Maddie will silence all those naysayers and get back to school, and finish her degree in whatever?  

Oh, that's right.  Kootie moved the fam to Flag, M & C moved to the east coast, and thus she has no built-in babysitter.  Keep riding that LuLaNo train, Maddie!  Just like sis Mykelti and Mother Meri are betting their bottom dollars,  LLN will have a huge comeback!  Hey, at least you got a cruise out of the dill!

You hope this because two children are a nice sized family, and a girl and a boy are a nice balance.  It isn't exactly easy, but it is possible to take college courses and earn a degree with two young children, particularly if you have a husband who earns enough to support the family while you study.  With each additional child, the odds of Maddie getting that degree go down, as do the odds of Caleb earning enough to support the family while she goes to school.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the Brown clan gets some special consideration from LLN because of the publicity they bring to the company.  As far as I've seen, the gushing social media posts from the Brown's is the best, most positive publicity that LLN gets these days, and that has to be worth something - like maybe a cruise?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Hmmmmm Greenville, NC has 4d ultrasounds, even a boutique clinic like the one she went to...except she drove over an hour away to the Raleigh area. I wonder why. The Raleigh area has birth centers, whereas Greenville doesn’t.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

You hope this because two children are a nice sized family, and a girl and a boy are a nice balance.  It isn't exactly easy, but it is possible to take college courses and earn a degree with two young children, particularly if you have a husband who earns enough to support the family while you study.  With each additional child, the odds of Maddie getting that degree go down, as do the odds of Caleb earning enough to support the family while she goes to school.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the Brown clan gets some special consideration from LLN because of the publicity they bring to the company.  As far as I've seen, the gushing social media posts from the Brown's is the best, most positive publicity that LLN gets these days, and that has to be worth something - like maybe a cruise?  

You may be on to something there.  Is it odd to anyone else that an (apparently) mainstream Mormon business, should openly embrace an outed Polygamist bunch like Kootie & the Gang?  I suppose the bottom line is the main reason.  It usually all comes down to money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, VedaPierce said:

Is this old news? I didn’t see this covered....

17A1A5F6-2A4C-47BF-B405-31046B96D646.jpeg

She posted it, then deleted ...pretty juicy. 

Am i the only one who thinks that she was speaking about Mariah?!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kijod1 said:

It could easily be Mariah because I'm sure that during the reign of Queen Meri, Mariah flexed her Princess designation over the other kids.

Somehow though, I feel this relates to the convoluted web of LuLaHellNo.  The tweets came about shortly after Mykelti "quite" her job and threw her energies into the wonderful, wacky world of MLM.  I'm not well versed in the building of pyramids, but I wonder if this relates to Christine and Mykelti joining up under the auspices of Maddie, rather than directly under Meri.  Meri would indirectly benefit if Maddie was part of her downline, but not to the extent she would if Mykelti and Christine had joined directly under Meri.  Possibly Meri was raising a little hell over this and we know that money is the big motivator in the family Brown.

Edit for second thoughts:  Another factor that came into play at this time were Meri's tweets about a "hobby business", I wonder if Meri had been pointing fingers at Maddie for not working hard enough at LLR and Maddie, with new pregnancy hormones raging, took justifiable offense to this type of "motivation".

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 4/16/2019 at 6:33 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Hmmmmm Greenville, NC has 4d ultrasounds, even a boutique clinic like the one she went to...except she drove over an hour away to the Raleigh area. I wonder why. The Raleigh area has birth centers, whereas Greenville doesn’t.

Wake Med is in Raleigh. This is a highly rated hospital with a great maternity department. Maybe insurance is playing into this move.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It could easily be Mariah because I'm sure that during the reign of Queen Meri, Mariah flexed her Princess designation over the other kids.

Somehow though, I feel this relates to the convoluted web of LuLaHellNo.  The tweets came about shortly after Mykelti "quite" her job and threw her energies into the wonderful, wacky world of MLM.  I'm not well versed in the building of pyramids, but I wonder if this relates to Christine and Mykelti joining up under the auspices of Maddie, rather than directly under Meri.  Meri would indirectly benefit if Maddie was part of her downline, but not to the extent she would if Mykelti and Christine had joined directly under Meri.  Possibly Meri was raising a little hell over this and we know that money is the big motivator in the family Brown.

Edit for second thoughts:  Another factor that came into play at this time were Meri's tweets about a "hobby business", I wonder if Meri had been pointing fingers at Maddie for not working hard enough at LLR and Maddie, with new pregnancy hormones raging, took justifiable offense to this type of "motivation".

I've wracked my brain trying to figure out who Maddie was referring to and couldn't come up with anything other than its probably Meri..... Your theory makes sense.

Good work Sherlock 👍

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

For me, if you are fighting with people on social media, especially by being passive aggressive, I am unlikely to take you seriously and will likely side with your nemesis. It just reflect immaturity. If someone is so upset, either confront the person who upset them or just ignore them. What adult has time to fight on social media, I would prefer to use that time to read but I am not stuck at 15. 

• Love 10

Oh for fuck’s sake - her hair! She’s got Bozo orange roots. Always flattering. 

Funny that most of the older girls are so desperately fighting the natural blonde that some people would kill for. What’s up with that? 

• Love 13
22 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

For me, if you are fighting with people on social media, especially by being passive aggressive, I am unlikely to take you seriously and will likely side with your nemesis. It just reflect immaturity. If someone is so upset, either confront the person who upset them or just ignore them. What adult has time to fight on social media, I would prefer to use that time to read but I am not stuck at 15. 

All this, plus readers make assumptions while trying to puzzle this out, and possibly get a bad impression of someone who doesn’t deserve it. 

• Love 7

I’m watching some old seasons, and Maddie and Mariah are quite chummy. In fact Maddie was the first to worry about where Mariah was going to go to school when they left Utah. 

I think this has Meri the Bitch written all over it. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

What religion are Maddie and Gabe?

I noticed they posted a "He has risen" Happy Easter greeting on instagram.

Did you mean Maddie & Caleb?  I think they are some branch of Christian, because his dad is or was a pastor. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Did you mean Maddie & Caleb?  I think they are some branch of Christian, because his dad is or was a pastor. 

When they were doing the rally in Utah Caleb actually said that polygamy was against his religion.  He supposedly only went to support the family (they were probably really just supporting getting a paycheck for appearing in that episode.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

17B538E1-0AA0-4B37-A584-F2EC6E0B2745.jpeg

That doesn't appear to be LLR garb. is she still selling it?

ETA: I checked and she closed down her Lularoe IG in December. I'm not on Facebook so I don't know if she's still selling it. Did I miss something?

Edited by DakotaJustice
On 4/22/2019 at 9:48 AM, EmeraldGirl said:

Oh for fuck’s sake - her hair! She’s got Bozo orange roots. Always flattering. 

Funny that most of the older girls are so desperately fighting the natural blonde that some people would kill for. What’s up with that? 

So much this! It’s so sad, as they have the most glorious natural colouring and the dark severe hair ages them and doesn’t flatter their skin tone. Maddie and Mykelti’s orange roots truly hurt my heart to look at knowing they have such beautiful natural blonde underneath. 

Just look at nice she looks with a flattering tone more close to her natural colour. 

(Posted a flashback/side by side in the Mariah thread too of her pre bad box dye, but can’t find any of Mykelti pre the bozo look)

44614FD5-EBDD-442B-BB95-8D9BE637F6E0.jpeg

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

So much this! It’s so sad, as they have the most glorious natural colouring and the dark severe hair ages them and doesn’t flatter their skin tone. Maddie and Mykelti’s orange roots truly hurt my heart to look at knowing they have such beautiful natural blonde underneath. 

Just look at nice she looks with a flattering tone more close to her natural colour. 

I totally agree with you.  I don't understand the compulsion to go counter to what "the good Lord gave you" in that regard, especially when it makes you look worse, but I guess when you come from a family of 20-something kids you feel compelled to do something different to make yourself stand out from the crowd.  And that's pretty sad.  I guess where they're from darker hair is considered "exotic" because lighter hair is probably more the norm.  Where I'm from a woman is practically considered insane if she darkens naturally lighter hair, LOL.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

44614FD5-EBDD-442B-BB95-8D9BE637F6E0.jpeg

Someone probably told her she looked like Janelle.  Janelle was pretty/cute when she was this age.  The dark, unnaturally highlight-free hair sucks the life and warmth out of Maddie's skintone.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Someone probably told her she looked like Janelle.  Janelle was pretty/cute when she was this age.  The dark, unnaturally highlight-free hair sucks the life and warmth out of Maddie's skintone.

Let's face it, Maddie inherited the same Brown genes that Mariah did. Neither one of these women are going to light up the sky with their awesome beauty.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, neh said:

Let's face it, Maddie inherited the same Brown genes that Mariah did. Neither one of these women are going to light up the sky with their awesome beauty.

No, but they all can be reasonably cute.  They don't have to try so hard to be unattractive.

• Love 8
On 3/15/2019 at 9:09 AM, VedaPierce said:

Is this old news? I didn’t see this covered....

17A1A5F6-2A4C-47BF-B405-31046B96D646.jpeg

She posted it, then deleted ...pretty juicy. 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, Kohola3 said:

Yes, that is old news. Consensus was that she's talking about Meri.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:37 PM, Kijod1 said:

On 4/21/2019 at 12:41 AM, Sandy W said:

It could easily be Mariah because I'm sure that during the reign of Queen Meri, Mariah flexed her Princess designation over the other kids

Sorry to rehash the old news again and I’m sorry if it’s been covered before, but my sleuthing skills uncovered that Maddie doesn’t follow Meri on Instagram nor does she follow Lizzie’s heritage inn. Meri in return doesn’t follow Maddie. This is suss as literally all other the Browns follow each other, they are the only two not too. 

My moneys on it being about Meri for sure. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

Maybe they just don’t care for blond hair, not everyone does.  Perhaps they don’t wan to look like their mothers or Kody, perhaps they’re just at an age where some people generally dye their hair a lot as a form of self expression.  My only issue with it, is that they seem to purchase the dye from the expired bin at the dollar store and have a random child in the family dump it on theirs heads. Maddie and Mykelti I can give somewhat a pass because they appear to work and pay their own bills, but Mariah has seemingly unlimited funds.  I don’t understand why she doesn’t go to a professional and if she doesn’t “care” about her appearance why bother coloring it all? Well I’ve beat the hair coloring mess enough. I mean none of them are especially good looking.  As a whole the male Browns are more attractive, most of the females look a mess and the in-laws are nothing to write home about, so Viva La Mediocrity! #UglyPeopleGottaLiveToo #DyeingToLookBad #FeedBabiesWholeCansOfCabbage #ExplosiveDiapersEnsue

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Sorry to rehash the old news again and I’m sorry if it’s been covered before, but my sleuthing skills uncovered that Maddie doesn’t follow Meri on Instagram nor does she follow Lizzie’s heritage inn. Meri in return doesn’t follow Maddie. This is suss as literally all other the Browns follow each other, they are the only two not too. 

My moneys on it being about Meri for sure. 

I also think it's Meri 

We know that Meri was a tyrant to Janelle and Maddie seems to love her mom so that probably didn't help.

IIRC I think Sandy made a good point about Maddie signing up for lulunooo under Christine instead of Meri...  If that's the case I'm sure that would set her off.

Meri is always so mean tempered and sour to her followers on instagram if they dare to comment or say anything she doesn't like...no matter how slight.

I think Meri is one of those people that cause others to walk on egg shells.

You can only be around someone like that for a while without losing your shit from time to time.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I also think it's Meri 

We know that Meri was a tyrant to Janelle and Maddie seems to love her mom so that probably didn't help.

IIRC I think Sandy made a good point about Maddie signing up for lulunooo under Christine instead of Meri...  If that's the case I'm sure that would set her off.

Meri is always so mean tempered and sour to her followers on instagram if they dare to comment or say anything she doesn't like...no matter how slight.

You can only be around someone like that for a while without losing your shit from time to time.

I think Maddie was doing LLR before Christine started.  At any rate based on her Instagram it looks like she's stopped it altogether.  She's shut down her LLR insta page and she's not wearing LLR in her more current pix on her regular Insta page.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She's shut down her LLR insta page and she's not wearing LLR in her more current pix on her regular Insta page.

Probably smart enough to bail early and cut her losses.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I also think it's Meri 

I totally agree on it’s because probably she signed under Christine.

‘Loyalty goes to those that were always kind’ points to Christine being her second mother figure and maybe she chose her Lula downline based on that. We all know Meri most likely keeps her profits whereby Christine is more likely to distribute to family pot so maybe that played a factor?

‘Abusive human’, ‘being scared her whole life’  and ‘monster’ = Meri ✔️  We know the shoe fits there.

’freedom to have nothing to do with’ unfollowed on social media. 

Its Meri, case closed 👩🏼‍⚖️ haha.

• Love 11

A question from the MLM ignorant: I always assumed that Christine signed up under Meri. If that was the case, and if Maddie then signed up under Christine, wouldn't some benefit still go back up to Meri?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

A question from the MLM ignorant: I always assumed that Christine signed up under Meri. If that was the case, and if Maddie then signed up under Christine, wouldn't some benefit still go back up to Meri?

True, not sure about that either. 

I have a theory maybe Meri was on her own with Lula (then Maddie joined just as an ‘employee’ to help her maybe not as selling her herself yet), when she moved back home pregnant as she was shown ‘working’ with Meri on her clothing business while in labour.  

Not sure on who sold next in family, but I believe whoever it was, they saw how well Meri did and maybe signed up in direct competition and created their own downline (as Meri doesn’t share her profits) and then the others followed that person.  (hence Meri’s rage and Maddie’s response above) Just my opinion as Meri also doesn’t follow lularoe with Christine or Mykelti lularoe either which I find odd. That may have also contributed to the awkwardness and Meri being left out in the birth episode but I’m not sure of timeline?  

Audrey, I’d bet is in Meri’s downline. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Spellingk
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

True, not sure about that either. 

I have a theory maybe Meri was on her own with Lula (then Maddie joined just as an ‘employee’ to help her maybe not as selling her herself yet), when she moved back home pregnant as she was shown ‘working’ with Meri on her clothing business while in labour.  

Not sure on who sold next in family, but I believe whoever it was, they saw how well Meri did and maybe signed up in direct competition and created their own downline (as Meri doesn’t share her profits) and then the others followed that person.  (hence Meri’s rage and Maddie’s response above) Just my opinion as Meri also doesn’t follow lularoe with Christine or Mykelti lularoe either which I find odd. That may have also contributed to the awkwardness and Meri being left out in the birth episode but I’m not sure of timeline?  

Audrey, I’d bet is in Meri’s downline. 

I remember watching Meri's Lives and seeing Maddie in the background pushing around racks of clothes and so on.  Meri said Maddie was working for her.  A short time later - i think it was just after she had Axel - Meri and Maddie announced on her page that Maddie had onboard with LLR.  So Maddie was the second Brown to sign up.  Then Audrey.  Then Christine.  Then Mykelti and Aspyn.  I'm guessing that Maddie initially signed up under Meri and then after their falling out she split ways.  I'm also guessing that Christine is actually signed up under Maddie (if maddie is in fact still in the biz) and Christine's girls signed up under her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm guessing that Maddie initially signed up under Meri and then after their falling out she split ways.  

I think so too.  Maddie probably didn't read the fine print explaining that LLN is a pyramid scheme and that Meri and each of the tiers above Meri would get a cut of her sales.  Or thought Meri wouldn't take her cut because she was part of the fambly.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I remember watching Meri's Lives and seeing Maddie in the background pushing around racks of clothes and so on.  Meri said Maddie was working for her.  A short time later - i think it was just after she had Axel - Meri and Maddie announced on her page that Maddie had onboard with LLR.  So Maddie was the second Brown to sign up.  Then Audrey.  Then Christine.  Then Mykelti and Aspyn.  I'm guessing that Maddie initially signed up under Meri and then after their falling out she split ways.  I'm also guessing that Christine is actually signed up under Maddie (if maddie is in fact still in the biz) and Christine's girls signed up under her.

7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I think so too.  Maddie probably didn't read the fine print explaining that LLN is a pyramid scheme and that Meri and each of the tiers above Meri would get a cut of her sales.  Or thought Meri wouldn't take her cut because she was part of the fambly.

Yes good point this makes total sense. 

Smart girl, She’s obviously out of it now anyway as her Instagram sales page was abandoned start of Jan 18 and we’ve been spared the gazillion stupid #Lula’insertgenericgirlnamehere’ hashtags lately 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Yes good point this makes total sense. 

Smart girl, She’s obviously out of it now anyway as her Instagram sales page was abandoned start of Jan 18 and we’ve been spared the gazillion stupid #Lula’insertgenericgirlnamehere’ hashtags lately 

I'm guessing Caleb also had something to do with getting out of LLR. 

He was helping Maddie out, appearing on most of her lives. But now they've moved back East for his new job and I'm guessing he just got tired of having to work all day at his regular job then go home and help her out without them having any real quiet family time together. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm guessing Caleb also had something to do with getting out of LLR. 

He was helping Maddie out, appearing on most of her lives. But now they've moved back East for his new job and I'm guessing he just got tired of having to work all day at his regular job then go home and help her out without them having any real quiet family time together. 

And not to mention with a new baby on the way Maddie is going to be really busy with the kids.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I'm not positive of who signed under who...  Sandy explained it all but apparently the order they sign wasn't the best for Meri, she would have made more $$$$ another way.

And the twitter fight came right after that

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm not positive of who signed under who...  Sandy explained it all but apparently the order they sign wasn't the best for Meri, she would have made more $$$$ another way.

And the twitter fight came right after that

I can't remember what I thought I had figured out earlier but as someone else pointed out, Maddie was selling before Christine joined, so I assume Maddie did join under Meri.  Maybe Christine, Mykelti, and Aspyn all joined under Maddie.  If Maddie did join under Meri, everyone she enlists would indirectly benefit Meri, just not to the same extent Meri would benefit if she had recruited them herself.  For sure Audge would have joined directly under Meri.

I could be way off on this, but I think Meri's "hobby business" comment was directed at Maddie and is what triggered Maddie's twitter outburst, presumably directed at Meri.  I'm sure there are a lot of petty resentments that go on behind the scenes that they don't expose on social media.  It does seem as though Maddie has tossed in the LLR polyester towel.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I can't remember what I thought I had figured out earlier but as someone else pointed out, Maddie was selling before Christine joined, so I assume Maddie did join under Meri.  Maybe Christine, Mykelti, and Aspyn all joined under Maddie.  If Maddie did join under Meri, everyone she enlists would indirectly benefit Meri, just not to the same extent Meri would benefit if she had recruited them herself.  For sure Audge would have joined directly under Meri.

I could be way off on this, but I think Meri's "hobby business" comment was directed at Maddie and is what triggered Maddie's twitter outburst, presumably directed at Meri.  I'm sure there are a lot of petty resentments that go on behind the scenes that they don't expose on social media.  It does seem as though Maddie has tossed in the LLR polyester towel.

I can't quite remember either but it fit perfectly.

I remember reading it and it was like a lightbulb turned on in my brain  👍

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t know Aspyn was selling LuLaNo?

I don’t think she is?  She is doing the sticker nails with Mykelti it appears and is also available if the price is right, as an ‘influencer’ like Mariah 🙄

1B486352-E8D7-4726-9B9C-A74DC8B409E6.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2