Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Green Arrow

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

Oliver and Felicity’s blissful getaway is cut short when Thea and Laurel pay them a visit and tell Oliver they need his help back in Star City. The city has been attacked by “Ghosts,” assassins led by a dangerous man named Damien Darhk. However, when Oliver returns, Diggle makes it very clear that he doesn’t want Oliver on the team.

What the hell Lance?  What the hell?

Thea having fun was pretty entertaining.  Oliver and Felicity were great, Laurel wasn't bad, Diggle still being mad at Oliver was understandable, Cisco mentions are always welcome, and we got surprise Barry.  Not a bad way to come back.

That said, we now know that either Felicity or Diggle dies this season, that's not awesome.

• Love 4

Watched live.  Haven't been watching sneak peeks, reading interviews, or following spoilers too closely.  Had zero expectations going in, and it seemed to work best that way.  If the rest of the season continues this way, I'll be happy enough.

Love the addition of Thea to the team.  She's adorable!

KC's stunt double flings her hair around too much when she's fighting...hope someone tells her to stop doing that.

So, Thea and Laurel ask Oliver for help, and then stand around looking pissed off when he starts to tell them what they need to be doing.  That's a bit asshole-ish of them.

Oliver's "happy voice" is awfully high-pitched.

Diggle's helmet looks really stupid, and I hate the Arrow's new costume.  The short sleeves are terrible!

Damien Darhk seems more like a single episode villain than an entire season villain.  Yeah, I'm gonna get tired of him quickly.

The "I am the Green Arrow" moment was cheesy as hell and would have sounded so much better if we heard it through the voice modulator instead.

Wow, what a terrible hiding spot for the ring, Oliver.

If that is Felicity's grave, I think I will have to rage-quit this show forever.  Damn it, Arrow, you were doing so well.  This actually makes me reconsider watching because I don't feel like worrying about who is in the grave for an entire effing season.

• Love 14

No! No no no! 

Man, Quentin has officially lost the moral high ground. Damn it, writers, was last years character assassination not enough?

Glad they are officially acknowledging the fact that being the Mayor is a worst gig than being the drummer for Spinal Tap. 

• Love 6

they kill off Felicity....I'm out.

But I did love the fact that it was Cisco who made the Green Arrow suit.

Man 6 months later and Laurel's still getting beat up? Sarah would've had the Darke lackeys for breakfast. I like Thea as Red Arrow but I miss Arsenal.

• Love 7

They set it up to look like Felicity died, but I doubt it.

Oliver wasn't spiraling enough for Felicity.  Barry isn't going to be all 'sorry...missed the funeral...Zoom' if it was Felicity.

I tend to think this is a fake out entirely and someone is only presumed dead.  I also think its Legends related.

• Love 14

It's Lance's. Felicity will be teased but they don't have the balls to do that. Either him or Diggle...or Thea even

Ok..so why did they need Oliver at first? All of his advice/instructions were things that they could have figured out on their own. 

LBR, it's Felicity.  If it were anyone else Oliver cared about Felicity would be with him.  Plus it also hit Barry hard.  The EPs are such obvious manipulative assholes.

So, I'm out until this is resolved, because I hate obvious bullshit emotional manipulation (Exhibit A, acting as if 4/5ths of the cast would be killed by the "hero."

Not out of HERE, but out of the show.  

• Love 2

This show would be insane to kill off Diggle or Felicity. INSANE. The episode was great untill then. Loved Olicity being all coupley. Loving Thea/Speedy. Figures Quentin is working for DD. And FU writers for the last scene it dampened my mood and now I'm worried.

• Love 7

I don't think they'll kill off Felicity but I think we're supposed to assume that grave is Felicity's, especially the way they cut to the scene from a really happy Olicity scene. *cries*

It was the engagement ring in the bowl that was the biggest Felicity dies anvil.  Classic misdirection.

As for Barry, they have six months to introduce him via crossover to someone to have it make sense that he visits their grave.

• Love 4

I can't believe that WM actually said that they don't know whose grave it is right now, that they're still figuring it out.

With this show, I totally can. They probably have a list of 3 or 4 people and will make a decision when the time comes
  • Love 8

I can't believe that WM actually said that they don't know whose grave it is right now, that they're still figuring it out. 

WHAT.

Seriously. WHAT?!

I'm guessing Quentin 'sees the light' and then dies to protect Oliver which is why he's emotional?

I'd be totally okay with that. 

• Love 8

Also, I forgot how much I love happy, non angsty, communicating Olicity. Its all I dreamed of and more! 

Thea is adorable. And between Thea and the Arrow becoming Green Arrow, this show has finally gotten rid of its fear of colors!

• Love 3

Had season 3 never happened, I could probably take the Who's dead??? six month flash forward, but that one little scene just destroyed all the positive feelings that I had for the rest of the season.  I don't want to spend another season pissed off!

ETA: Oh, they don't know who is in the grave yet?  Wow, that just makes things so much better.  These assholes.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 6

I hate that. It's Once Upon a Time way of storytelling, let's do something dramatic and then figure out what is going on.

I don't think it could be Thea. You can't murder this guy's entire family and let the story end on a happy note.

• Love 2

Had season 3 never happened, I could probably take the Who's dead??? six month flash forward, but that one little scene just destroyed all the positive feelings that I had for the rest of the season.  I don't want to spend another season pissed off!

[Deleted by mod.]  

Please don't discuss fandoms. 

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Love 1

I hate that. It's Once Upon a Time way of storytelling, let's do something dramatic and then figure out what is going on.

I don't think it could be Thea. You can't murder this guy's entire family and let the story end on a happy note.

Or the love of his life!

• Love 2

Here I was getting all excited the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique and they threw that ending at us.  If it's her, I won't miss Emily Bett Rickards' marble mouth, but I will miss the light Felicity brings to the show.

Also hate Diggle's helmet, but more scenes with his adorable baby!

Anyone think that they won't keep this mystery actually going for 6 months and that Rip Hunter will pop up in time for the crossover and help them figure out how to prevent it?

I really hope it means Barry will run fast enough to reverse time ala Superman.  They already have Lazaraus Pits - are we really supposed to believe a major character will die?

Oliver's "happy voice" is awfully high-pitched.

Thought it was just me - let's hope we never hear that voice again.

ETA:

Ray Palmer died?  Did I blink and miss this?

Edited by Lila82

Here it is: 

http://www.etonline.com/tv/173462_arrow_season_4_premiere_who_is_dying/

“It’s not a fake-out. That’s not how we roll,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says of the season opener’s dramatic reveal.

“They will stay dead,” executive producer Wendy Mericle confirms, adding that the glimpse ahead is a way “to bring stakes back to the show.”

Even so, Guggenheim assures that the death will be handled with care.

“It’ll feel organic and very earned,” he promises. “It’s actually very elegant.”

If Guggenheim and Mericle know which Arrow character will eventually find themselves buried six feet under, they aren’t letting on.

“We don’t necessarily know who it is right now,” Mericle claims. “We’re still figuring the plan out for the season, but we want it, obviously, to have resonance. If it doesn’t mean something to the characters, it won’t mean anything to the audience either.”

Fortunately, there will be time for the characters and audiences to grieve, though Guggenheim was mum on when in the season the death will occur – only to say that “there will be time afterwards” to deal with the aftermath.
Edited by apinknightmare

Well it was fun unail the last minute again. Fucking this show

Although we don't know who it is.

Still better than last year final minute.

He was in the opening credits, so not really.

He was? what did I miss? - watched it live from the start

for the episode:

My money is on Felicity but... it's gonna get resolved cause while the EP's can kill off say Laurel and not face any problems in terms of viewership and general fandom rage, they will have a massive problem if they kill off Felicity (plus as I said in the spoilers thread the other day: I would wager that Stephen himself would throw a massive fit if Felicity were to die. Boy is a bigger shipper than we are).

Maybe that's how Rip comes into the picture.. he goes back to save her?

Also I am back on the board of maybe DD being her dad.

Still don't like Laurel, as someone said she had extra 6 months of training and she still suck.. it may be a good idea to rethink your night time job Buckles.

Lance working with DD, I think we speculated on that when PB pics of NM came out back in July. i'm... okay with it. I think Lance is soo jaded that Buckles lie over Sara's second death officially helped to push him over the edge. he'll come around, I have no doubt of that.

This is actually a theme on the show: everyone at some point in their lives has a brush or surrender to the darkness inside of them.

Sooo if the season openers is usually a mirror or crystal ball of sorts for what will happen by the end of the season.. are we to guess that O/F will be married and possibly pregnant by the end of the season?

Also.. DD little weird bowl and cutting is hand was creepy.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 4

Overall it was a good episode. My biggest qualms with it is that things moved WAY to fast. We had DD making his entrance cut to Olicity cut to Team Digg holding off the ghosts again cut to Laurel/Thea showing crashing Olivers proposal to Felicity cut to Olicity coming back to Star City. All of this happening in the same day it seemed.

I enjoyed everyone tonight. Olicity was disgustingly cute, seeing happy Oliver is weird as hell. Laurel/Thea/Digg worked great together, shame we only got 1 scene of them as a 3some.

Black Canary was kicking ass with those tonfas!, Speedy was just pure fun, and Diggle with his new toys was cool though the girls took home the award with best action for me tonight. 

Loved the revelation that Laurel/Thea are roommates! Hopefully we get to see them in a casual setting.

I did find it weird that Black Canary and Speedy don't have voice modulators.

Really enjoyed seeing Diggles little home life scene and of course Lyla is the more even headed of the two. But I am enjoying Diggle/Oliver being at odds, it made Diggle saving Green Arrow so much sweeter to me. Which I liked that they let Green Arrow not be an instant badass against DD and needing help.

Totally laughed when Oliver went into leader mode and dished out orders and everyone just staring at him. Yes they asked him for help, I think they would've been receptive to what he was saying if they felt like he wasn't trying to be boss. Everyone is on mutual ground now and they aren't willing to go backwards.

Oh and Felicity secretly working with Team Digg was great, though they totally missed out on a great opportunity at showing us these scenes where Felicity had to fake something to go help them out.

The flashbacks should've been left out as they didn't do anything imo and they needed as much time in the present as they could get.

Those 2 cliff hangers with Q working with DD was mindblowing, I thought he would be but my reason for it seems like it will be different then what they are doing.

Don't even try to play us Thea or Felicity dying in that flashfoward, just don't waste our time cause this show has exhausted fake deaths.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 6

I want to agree but like pointed out Felicity wasn't there with him. See I wanna believe it's not Felicity cause I think Oliver would have been more distraught

I don't think FS not being there is indicative of anything. They left out every other member of the Arrow cast and brought Barry in - So it could be ANYONE. FS is too critical to the story for it to her, unless its just a fake-out death. Also OQ seemed sad but pretty ok with the death, which makes me thinks its someone he is close to, but NOT someone he considers family, which is why I think FS & TQ are off the list. Dig is off the list because I think he's busy with HIVE in 4b (and sadly but realistically he's a POC, so not being cut off show). If it was FS, TQ, or Dig I think he would be too distraught to be hanging out at gravesites. He couldn't even make it to his mother's funeral, I doubt he would be that calm if it was another family members gravesite.

Also after reading this article below from (Dtissagirl post in the live thread), it seems like they are still working out who it is (which is kinda disconcerting). But I think it could be anyone that was close to Oliver, it could even be someone connected to LoT, 6 mos is the perfect time for the death to impact that launch.

• Love 3

I tend to think this is a fake out entirely and someone is only presumed dead.  I also think its Legends related.

Me too, or maybe it is Thea with all this talk about her acting odd.

PLEASE, PLEASE let it be Laurel (I can dream!)

• Love 6

Okay, I caught the tail end of this having decided to watch the Homeland episode I couldn't watch on Sunday. All I saw was Oliver being the worst at hiding things, happy Olicity then a grave. 

I would think if it was Felicity, Oliver would've had a bigger reaction. I'm thinking Dig or Quentin. Also the above article, they really haven't decided who's dead? Really? Do they really need to do another not thought out shock? Think before you act Arrow writers! If you're going to kill someone, know who it is!

• Love 2