Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Green Arrow

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

Yeah, Quentin is officially never allowed to get all high and mighty on Ollie about how he used to kill people, and how he "brings Darkness" to the city. He is willingly working with a bunch of murderers who are wrecking the whole city! That is way worse than what Ollie did, out of PTSD and a misguided attempt to save people. 

• Love 4

You are a lovely person, but OMG.  He is working with someone who is murdering people left, right, and center.  There is no scenario in which he comes out of that as not a bastard.

Which is SO why he's going to have to die a redemptive death.....where Oliver will blame himself for Quentin even going dark to begin with....and cue the funeral scene....

• Love 1

Yeah, Quentin is officially never allowed to get all high and mighty on Ollie about how he used to kill people, and how he "brings Darkness" to the city. He is willingly working with a bunch of murderers who are wrecking the whole city! That is way worse than what Ollie did, out of PTSD and a misguided attempt to save people. 

What I don't get is WHY? Did DD threaten Laurel or something? Why would Quentin ever agree to work with him? Unless he's pulling an Oliver and trying to take them down from the inside, in which case he needs about a kafrillion more brain cells than he currently has, given the average IQ of an SCPD officer. 

• Love 4

Realistically, they are limited in who can actually for real be dead.  Not Felicity, not Thea, not baby Sara, not Lyla because Digg would be there, for whatever reason not Laurel.  Almost certainly not Digg.  So if it's a real death (and they have lied/dissembled before, so I think it's totally possibly they are lying now), it's Quentin.  Which will mean an Ollie-style party at my house, so who cares.

If it's not permanent, aka they're lying, it's Felicity.  If it's permanent, it's Quentin, so who cares.

• Love 4

Sorry, but the Laurel wink was so forced! I seriously burst out laughing. Plus her fight scenes was so obviously her stunt double, and then she stands there in full costume chatting with her Dad while other police are around? Is she even trying to hide her identity?

So yeah. Laurel still sucks.

Speedy was awesome and I loved her enthusiasm and potential crazy.

Happy to see funny Felicity back, but some of the quips did feel a little forced, like the show was trying to hard to prove they were over sad Felicity.

And my grave money is on Lance of Nyssa. He was not emotional enough for it to be Felicty or Diggle. I hope it's Laurel, but I doubt we will be that lucky.

• Love 5

Hey, Hal Jordan was in that bar in Coast City!  Too bad he's probably training on Oa right now, they could really use a Green Lantern.

Provided it's not Ryan Reynolds.

And Daddy Lance is now a bad guy.  It was only a matter of time.

I just want Roy back :(

• Love 2

And since the death and funeral probably happens after something big - I can see Barry popping in to check on Oliver despite not being close to Lance himself.  I honestly think Barry would be more emotional if it was Felicity. 

And there's no way he would be late to and miss Felicity's funeral.

Why the hell did the kid say she was strong? 

Because if he didn't, how else would we know?

• Love 14

Provided it's not Ryan Reynolds.

And Daddy Lance is now a bad guy.  It was only a matter of time.

I just want Roy back :(

Roy Harper is by far the best human being ever on this show.  Truly a good kid, and if he ever needs a place to stay, I have an extra bedroom.

• Love 10

Also, it really bothered me that Diggle ignored Oliver's concerns about Thea and also used them to take a dig at him. Like, he knows Thea went into the LP and that there are supposed to be repercussions of it. Shouldn't that concern him just...oh, say, a little?

• Love 8

Still flailing over how AMAZING Olicity were tonight. They were just written so perfectly and their 'argument' was just so mature and well done. Like the whole 'Felicity, let's play a game' thing. PRECIOUS OMG. Just goes to show how much better a couple is when they're finally allowed to be together.

Also loved all the Diggle/Lyla and cute baby Sara scenes. That's kind of how I see Olicity in the future too, tbh. Hopefully, anyway! 

Speedy the adrenaline junkie! I loved what they're setting up there. She's so enthusiastic and bouncy haha. But I'm looking forward to the darkness coming through more. 

Actually have no interest in Quentin anymore. Was not surprised at all when it revealed him working with DD. Snore. I'm over the Lances though so whatever. 

Also Diggle out in the field was EVERYTHING TO ME. And I love how he even had his own little musical score when he saved Oliver. It was all sprightly and heroic. LOVE.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 13

This is the same guy who couldn't take a couple hours to help save 500,000-ish people from dying horribly because he wanted to have a "pointed conversation" with a villain, with no actual time pressure.  So yeah, he'd be late to Felicity's funeral.

• Love 1

Also, it really bothered me that Diggle ignored Oliver's concerns about Thea and also used them to take a dig at him. Like, he knows Thea went into the LP and that there are supposed to be repercussions of it. Shouldn't that concern him just...oh, say, a little?

Yeah I didn't like how no one seemed to notice Thea being a bit out of control at times during these past 5 months.

• Love 3

This is the same guy who couldn't take a couple hours to help save 500,000-ish people from dying horribly because he wanted to have a "pointed conversation" with a villain, with no actual time pressure.  So yeah, he'd be late to Felicity's funeral.

Ha! I forgot about that. Nevertheless, I will ride the "It's not Felicity" train until it pulls into Star City station and blows up.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 7

Where was the line about everything else melting away but her?

Saw GG in the opening credits so wasn't surprised. I'm not really sure how I feel about the episode as a whole. Loved all the Olicity parts. Related so much to Felicity in those first parts. Props to SA. You could totally see Oliver chopping at the bit to get back to suburbia. That argument was one of my favorite Olicity scenes. It was weird. Relaxed Oliver totally works with Felicity but it felt a bit odd with the Team. Going to have to get used to it.

I'm interested in Thea. I want mentor/brotherly Oliver and I want unhinged Thea. Willa Holland is having so much fun. She was a happy little elf.

Diggle looked hot. Don't like the helmet. Excited about HIVE. I don't know what to think about him telling Oliver he can't love. It was so harsh. It didn't feel like Diggle. Love Lyla and I love that she is on the side on bromance.

If Felicity was helping them, why couldn't she find anything until she got there? EBR expression when they had the game talk was the funniest moment for me.

Lance made a deal. I somehow missed the explanation for this. Blackmail? Trying hard to care.

NM did a great job. I get the Mayor comparison. Still don't like the magic thing.

Laurel is an odd case for me. She wasn't really annoying (except for the wtf kid moment). She didn't cause any problems or do anything stupid. But she was just there. Boring. Like pretty cardboard. Window dressing.

As for the death, no idea. I'm all about it being Laurel but don't believe for a second it is. Felicity was a massive red herring but there is no way Barry would be so put together. I think Dig is a possiblity but I would so be out of here so it better not be. Quentin I could see but I don't see how that keeps Laurel on a positive path. I'm not really freaking out about it now. It's kind of just there.

• Love 10

I hate to say it but I think it's very possible that is  Diggle's grave.  He's the only person Oliver would cry over not named Moira, Thea, Robert or Felicity. It could be Laurel but I don't think they would go through all these hoops to kill her.

Barry would probably feel bad for missing his funeral as a compatriot but not because he was super invested in him personally.

• Love 2

I quit last season partway through because the Black Canary show that was more depressing than Six Feet Under was just too much to take. I heard a new executive producer who promised the show would be less depressing so I thought I'd give it a try.

Way, way too much Lance drama. Katie Cassidy still can't act and throws off the cast chemistry in every scene she's in. Her

father, Mumbles, is chewing scenery like crazy and really needs his role cut way back.

Man, do I hope they killed off one of the Lances. But, that is too much to expect. I think Katie has blackmail photos on the executives or something so we'll never be rid of her. We will probably lose Felicity.

All the scenes with Felicity and Oliver were adorable and we need more of them ASAP.

• Love 6

You are a lovely person, but OMG.  He is working with someone who is murdering people left, right, and center.  There is no scenario in which he comes out of that as not a bastard.

Except noble death but then where's the twist?  Or maybe they've figured out that a well told story doesn't always require a shocking twist. 

I would miss Lance but they might have a storyline lobbed and ready to be hit out of the park if a dying Quentin passed the responsibility of keeping the city safe into Oliver's hands.  (While still kind of blaming him, lol)  There's no scenario where I believe that Lance would turn evil for the greater good but I also don't believe that DD knows that Laurel is the BC otherwise DD would have not reacted that way to the bomb shipment problem running into a problem.  I suppose he could be threatening regular person LL rather than her alter ego but would Lance be so easily swayed?  He was in a very black and white kind of way of thinking last season.  He would not be in a place where he would compromise with DD so there is something deeper going on. 

Did anyone else catch the little Olicity flirty-flirt at the beginning regarding being all sweaty from his run? Felicity is the.best.ever.

Yup, Felicity thinks sweaty is "Amazing".  I'm loving that extra insight into her mindset in the season two opener when she pointed out to Oliver how sweaty he was.  :D  Hee!

• Love 5

Ha! I forgot about that. Nevertheless, I will ride the "It's not Felicity" train until it pulls into Star City station and blows up.

I'm positive they mean for everyone to think it's Felicity, but if it's permanent, it ain't her.  Because cancellation is not fun.  

Please let it be Quentin.  I live just east of Indianapolis, and I throw a heck of a party.  You are all invited.  (I'm also not watching until this is resolved, bc I cannot anymore with the bullshit angst.)

• Love 4

Diggle said it to Lyla while playing with Sara.

But, I thought Laurel "earned" Sara's death?! (You lobbed that to me underhanded and straight across the plate, right?) ;-)

Did anyone else catch the little Olicity flirty-flirt at the beginning regarding being all sweaty from his run? Felicity is the.best.ever.

As a Blue Jays fan, I appreciate the metaphor.

I was impressed with Felicity's attraction to sweaty Oliver more than breakfast.  Maybe they've been reading the road trip fanfic.

Yup, Felicity thinks sweaty is "Amazing".  I'm loving that extra insight into her mindset in the season two opener when she pointed out to Oliver how sweaty he was.  :D  Hee!

Nice catch!

What I don't get is WHY? Did DD threaten Laurel or something? Why would Quentin ever agree to work with him? Unless he's pulling an Oliver and trying to take them down from the inside, in which case he needs about a kafrillion more brain cells than he currently has, given the average IQ of an SCPD officer. 

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he got involved with DD thinking he was someone on the side of the angels and then was in too deep to get out now.

Although really, there's no excuse for working with someone who just killed the top 3 city officials and a bunch of cops at his precinct.

Diggle told Oliver that Thea has the same darkness that Oliver has.  Bad, Diggle.  She was your responsibility with Oliver gone.

Maybe she hid it during the summer and it is just getting worse now?

• Love 2

I do think some of the exposition lines were terrible. I'm supposed to believe that Felicity is just now asking Oliver why he had his back tat removed? No. Nice try. I mean, maybe I could believe all her questions are sexed out of her, or perhaps that's my head canon, but even then, I am unable to suspend my disbelief. 

• Love 17

Saw GG in the opening credits so wasn't surprised. I'm not really sure how I feel about the episode as a whole. Loved all the Olicity parts. Related so much to Felicity in those first parts. Props to SA. You could totally see Oliver chopping at the bit to get back to suburbia. That argument was one of my favorite Olicity scenes. It was weird. Relaxed Oliver totally works with Felicity but it felt a bit odd with the Team. Going to have to get used to it.

I'm interested in Thea. I want mentor/brotherly Oliver and I want unhinged Thea. Willa Holland is having so much fun. She was a happy little elf.

Diggle looked hot. Don't like the helmet. Excited about HIVE. I don't know what to think about him telling Oliver he can't love. It was so harsh. It didn't feel like Diggle. Love Lyla and I love that she is on the side on bromance.

If Felicity was helping them, why couldn't she find anything until she got there? EBR expression when they had the game talk was the funniest moment for me.

Lance made a deal. I somehow missed the explanation for this. Blackmail? Trying hard to care.

NM did a great job. I get the Mayor comparison. Still don't like the magic thing.

Laurel is an odd case for me. She wasn't really annoying (except for the wtf kid moment). She didn't cause any problems or do anything stupid. But she was just there. Boring. Like pretty cardboard. Window dressing.

As for the death, no idea. I'm all about it being Laurel but don't believe for a second it is. Felicity was a massive red herring but there is no way Barry would be so put together. I think Dig is a possiblity but I would so be out of here so it better not be. Quentin I could see but I don't see how that keeps Laurel on a positive path. I'm not really freaking out about it now. It's kind of just there.

That line about Everything melting away but her was said to Lyla by Diggle about Baby Sara

• Love 1

Lance and Buckles Canary just talking with all the cops around made me laugh too. She looks so much better without the wig, but she is probably in that building all the time. She didn't even change her voice. HOW DID NO ONE KNOW IT WAS HER?

I don't like the fact that we didn't get any Felicity and Diggle scenes. I know that she was helping the team, but I wanted a hug at least. I miss that friendship. I miss OTA.

The new Team really wasn't that great huh? They made it sound like the city was under siege. 

Olicity was the highlight for me. I'm biased. I don't care.

ETA: Diggle about Sara. I was right!

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 10

I hate to say it but I think it's very possible that is  Diggle's grave.  He's the only person Oliver would cry over not named Moira, Thea, Robert or Felicity. It could be Laurel but I don't think they would go through all these hoops to kill her.

Barry would probably feel bad for missing his funeral as a compatriot but not because he was super invested in him personally.

I would hold Diggle as a very distant second to Quentin, but I really do think Oliver needs Diggle like Lyla said.  So I'm still betting its Quentin - the whole made a deal with the devil so I have to die to make amends thing is just too big of a flashing neon sign to miss.  Plus, I honestly thought he was toast last season.

And you know, I almost think Oliver was too composed for it to be anyone but Quentin.  He would be nuts - like over the top crazy nutzo - if it was Felicity or Thea.   No way he would be composed looking hurt and angry at a fresh grave if it was one of those two.  Between Diggle having a toddler to raise and Oliver's history with Laurel, he would look way more guilt ridden if it was one of them.  That reaction was one of "so and so died because I didn't stop this, now I have to avenge him." 

Plus six months from now is March (about the time the new show is about to launch I think), not May.  Anyone else would die in May.  And really, it being Quentin is the BEST explanation why Oliver is alone at the grave - the others are all with Laurel.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 3

I don't think she's gonna die but for Barry CC and his family/friends in it take priority if a speedster is threatening it. 

I know it's Lance...but I'm gonna hate to lose Paul Blackthorne. Then the not so great actors will officially outweigh the good ones. (or make it equal I guess.)

I hate to say it but I think it's very possible that is  Diggle's grave.  He's the only person Oliver would cry over not named Moira, Thea, Robert or Felicity.

Also Tommy. 

The only thing that makes me think it might not be Diggle or Felicity in that grave is the fact that Oliver said that he wasn't blaming himself and I don't know, I feel like he would take on their deaths very personally and think it was all his fault. 

Or maybe I'm just clutching at all these straws. Haha.

I don't like the fact that we didn't get any Felicity and Diggle scenes. I know that she was helping the team, but I wanted a hug at least. I miss that friendship. I miss OTA.

Olicity was the highlight for me. I'm biased. I don't care.

I thought it was weird how Diggle and Felicity had no reaction/scenes with each other but when it was revealed she was working with the team, I wonder if they already speak a lot anyway? But yeah, I need me a hug between those two at some point.

Olicity were the absolute highlight for me too. They were everything. I'm actually surprised by how great they were.

• Love 3

I do think some of the exposition lines were terrible. I'm supposed to believe that Felicity is just now asking Oliver why he had his back tat removed? No. Nice try. I mean, maybe I could believe all her questions are sexed out of her, or perhaps that's my head canon, but even then, I am unable to suspend my disbelief. 

I just have to say, I graduated at the top of my class from a top 20-ish law school, and I promise that Oliver Queen could sex the IQ right out of me.

• Love 7

I think Dig is also safe partly because this show is terrible currently with diversity. DR is the only regular POC. (The disparity really was made clear in that fan art with all the white cast members on Digg's shoulders.) Don't kill off your only black dude, Show. 

Also, he's safe because he is John Diggle and goddamn awesome.

• Love 14

No, No, No. Don't put those thoughts in my head. I was euphoric all freaking day.

And now?

I'm truly terrified it could be Diggle.

Lyla mentioned that only the dead are done fighting (I'm paraphrasing, I hope). Although it's a common saying, ANVIL. Diggle said he needed to get home to his little girl multiple times. Also, a common thing for a dad to say, but ANVIL. The threatened bromance and those really weird things Digg said to Oliver about him not being capable of love?! I'm not faulting Digg for lashing out, but that was an odd statement, especially knowing that Oliver's deep LOVE for Thea is what forced his hand. I'm not sure what to make of it, so possible Anvil.

Ok, so I'm a horrible theorist. It just can't be Felicity or Diggle. I can't quit my favorite show, but I would. :-(

• Love 5

Barry's biggest character trait is always being late despite being the fastest man alive. He did tell Felicity that he wouldn't be late if she ever took him up on his date offer, but then he promptly got struck by lightening and put in a coma for months because he was late to the particle accelerator event (which totally wasn't his fault, but still, he would've been late to that hypothetical date). So yeah, Barry being late to the funeral doesn't rule out Felicity, IMO. 

However, a character trait of Oliver's is that he runs away after devastating deaths, like Tommy's and Moira's. I don't know if he'd show up for Felicity's funeral. 

• Love 1

That line was so so so terrible. Yikes. "I still can't believe you got that tatoo removed" gets the exact same "I don't need it anymore" answer.

• Love 5

Also Tommy.

I didn't mean to slight his best friend. We know how he felt about Tommy.  I loved Tommy. I want Tommy back all the time.I feel like I have to make a million mea culpas.  Please don't hurt me.

• Love 3

I found it weird they had basically no reaction to each other, even though they have not seen each other in awhile. Just a few words or a quick hug is all I ask for. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed watching this episode. DD with his Neo moves was great. Olicity was everything I hoped they would be in this episode. 

As for who died, it could also be Oliver's son or mother of his son. I mean they did say DD killed the person. 

I think it would be soo funny if they had SA play this emotional in the scene and it's doesn't match with the person that dies. LOL

I mean everyone not named Oliver could die in this show. Only ones that would make me stop watching the show is if Diggle or Felicity are the ones to die. However, I am not worried. CW doesn't kill off popular characters. They either keep them on the show or create a new spin-off for them. 

Edit: Correction made. Thanks, AyChihuahua.

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Love 1

To be clear, I am not one iota worried that Felicity is for real dead.  I can see Guggie loving the DRAAAAMMMMAAAAA of killing Felicity, but the CW/DC/whoever else more important than Guggie would flip out.  I am just really genuinely pissed that they are strongly implying it is Felicity, because I am so goddamn over the angst.  A lot of people theorized a flash-forward, and they did it in the most melodramatic way possible.  So for me they have preemptively ruined 4A just like they ruined all of 3 by killing Sara.  Fuck them.  (Again, y'all are awesome and I'll keep reading here for that reason.)  

• Love 8

I feel like they dropped anvils for a lot of characters. Felicity got the biggest one, but there was certainly one for the Lances. Thea with the crazy and Diggle with going dark.

And since there weren't any anvils for LL it's her. *wishful wishful wishful thinking because while I don't hate her, she's the most meh/expendable character*

• Love 12
I didn't mean to slight his best friend. We know how he felt about Tommy.  I loved Tommy. I want Tommy back all the time.I feel like I have to make a million mea culpas.  Please don't hurt me.

I meant to say that because he did actually cry at Tommy's death...so if Diggle died...I would expect nothing less than the same reaction. 

• Love 1

I meant to say that because he did actually cry at Tommy's death...so if Diggle died...I would expect nothing less than the same reaction. 

I know that's what you meant. Hence my mea culpa for leaving him out of my list.

To be clear, I am not one iota worried that Felicity is for real dead.  I can see Guggie loving the DRAAAAMMMMAAAAA of killing Felicity, but the CW/DC/whoever else more important than Guggie would flip out.  I am just really genuinely pissed that they are strongly implying it is Felicity, because I am so goddamn over the angst.  A lot of people theorized a flash-forward, and they did it in the most melodramatic way possible.  So for me they have preemptively ruined 4A just like they ruined all of 3 by killing Sara.  Fuck them.  (Again, y'all are awesome and I'll keep reading here for that reason.)  

I kind of agree. I feel like we're being played with. Not impressed tbh. That whole flash-forward tainted the episode, IMO.

• Love 6

I's sick and tired of the way people talk to Oliver on this show. They've said some harsh things to him.

Seriously this.  Like I love Diggle but that was some cold shit. Heh. I'm almost wondering if we don't find out that whatever is happening here with Oliver is like a weird timeline or some mind games that Darkh is playing.

• Love 1

And since there weren't any anvils for LL it's her. *wishful wishful wishful thinking because while I don't hate her, she's the most meh/expendable character*

See I thought there was one. Every time DD was talking loved ones to Lance I was like "Please be foreshadowing, please be foreshadowing." 

It's not Felicity because Barry didn't say Bye Felicity to the grave. That's proof right there.  

I just made myself sad with that image. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 10

LOL, they are so just trolling us.  They are publically hyping the heck out of the fact that they are bringing Sara back.  In this very episode, they reminded us several times that everyone thinks Ray is dead, but we know he isn't.  No way this show kills off anyone who could easily be moved to one of the other two shows and is popular.  It has to be someone like Quentin who would believably say in his dying breaths "oh and don't bring me back with any of that magic mumba jumbo crap" and dead.

• Love 10