Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

What is this history you speak of? What writing regime has honored the history of this show or its characters? Certainly not this one, or Carlivati.

Oh, I don't even expect them to do it at this point. They've shown that they don't actually care about this show's history - but that doesn't change the fact that they should

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

I still don't understand why - outside it being the story - Nikolas told Liz that Jake was Jason.

That decision was one of the few character motivations that actually made sense to me.

Nik believed that Jason would get his memory back at some point and Liz would get hurt. He was trying to prevent that. He also offered, on several occasions, to tell the truth or to find a way for the truth to come out without implicating her and Liz turned him down

• Love 1

And why is Liez moping around like she is the victim in this. 

The Patrick/Anna/Robert scenes were Im sorry to say yawn worthy. They went by so quick that I didnt really care about it.

In general? She's mad that she got caught, and is being immature in that she's pouting that Jason got angry with her and only her (from her perspective). Right now, specifically? She's drunk and having a self-pity party.

Man Elizabeth is pathetic. Laura points out she has no idea where Sam went to and her little batshit crazy ears and eyes perk up immediately going, "and Jason's missing too..." I assume tomorrow when Carly corners her is because she was on her way to hunt them down. I guess her plan is to never let them have a private conversation to ensure they never get together?

Well if it helps, sure seems like that was the writers' intent until this episode. And color me shocked to see that Billy and Kelly actually have chemistry. In fact they seem to have really good chemistry because here I started to think the writers were avoiding Sam and Jason moments like the plague because the two actors didn't work well together. 

eta: I forgot to add that I did crack up at the way Sam just walked away as soon as Laura turned to speak to Maxie. It was a sort of, "yeah I'm not doing this..."

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 14

When did Jason find out that Laura was helping Lizard Liez?

It's generally frowned upon to emotionally manipulate/play on someone's sympathies in order to get them to keep a secret for you, then sell them out once your lies have been exposed. Also, Laura is a grown woman but so is Lizard Liez, but that's not stopping her from throwing tantrums like a spoiled stupid brat and blaming everyone in the vicinity, including one of her victims, for why her life is a mess. 

Sam told him.

Also, Liz and NIK, who seems to be skating in all of this, might have manipulated Laura, but at the end of the day, Laura chose to keep this secret. The only person responsible for Laura not saying anything is Laura. 

• Love 1

I'd love to see Carly try to confront Laura, and for Laura to say "it wasn't my secret to tell" and just walk away.

I still need someone to drop that line on that hypocritical beast before this story line is over.  

• Love 8

Also, Liz and NIK, who seems to be skating in all of this, might have manipulated Laura, but at the end of the day, Laura chose to keep this secret. The only person responsible for Laura not saying anything is Laura. 

I agree with that.  But a bit of Liz's attitude seems to be, "Don't yell at me, so and so lied too!".  And while she's not wrong, that doesn't let her off the hook.

• Love 8

I agree with that.  But a bit of Liz's attitude seems to be, "Don't yell at me, so and so lied too!".  And while she's not wrong, that doesn't let her off the hook.

Of course it doesn't, but Liz was drunk today, and like she told Laura, she's hurting and wants others to hurt too. Its not right, but that's a pretty typical reaction. I think she feels like everyone else who lied is just skating, while she's taking all the blame, and so far that's true.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 4
The Patrick/Anna/Robert scenes were Im sorry to say yawn worthy. They went by so quick that I didnt really care about it.

The scenes were horribly clunky. The dialogue was strained. And the way that it was completely incoherent as to what was going on was bizarre. They were blink-and-you'll-miss-it and messy at the same time. How is that even possible?

I've already forgotten everything about Laura except her Dynasty hair.  Did anyone notice if she had 80s shoulder pads to match? Please say she did.

And if anyone wants to photoshop Genie into the cast of Dynasty, may I recommend she replace Helmut Berger, and go between Deborah Adair and Michael Nader.

https://youtu.be/cF2Opqt-iKU

BTW, I had no clue about all the phallic imagery in that opening.  Champagne bottles bursting. Oil derricks bursting. And then I'm not so sure that I wasn't reading too much into the rest of them (fountain flowing; jet flying erectly; tennis ball aloft in midair). Well played, Aaron Spelling, well played.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

I think she feels like everyone else who lied is just skating, while she's taking all the blame, and so far that's true.

Well I mean she was the one living and sleeping with Jason. Telling him she loved him all the while lying to him. Nik/Laura never claimed to love him. Thats why she is taking most of the blame.

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 8

Speaking of people who need to get read, Monica casually chatting with Carly - the woman who aided and abetted her son's murderer and is now married to said murderer - disgusts me.  I get that Monica's not gonna declare war with Michael's mother, but if she's not going to verbally eviscerate her, there's really no reason for them to speak.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17

Well I mean she was the one living and sleeping with Jason. Telling him she loved him all the while lying to him. Nik/Laura never claimed to love him. Thats why she is taking most of the blame.

Nik should at least be taking the same amount of blame as her. Sam is his family, and he's the one who started this lie to begin with. Its going to be ridiculous if Liz is the only one that takes the blame here while Nik just skates on by. Of course the woman taking the blame, while the man skates, is par for the course for this show.

• Love 6

LOL at Serial Killer coming to save Lizard Liez from Jason. What the fuck ever.

Lizard Liez is nasty, petty piece of trash. I hope Laura learns her lesson about trying to cover for that beast. I wish she would walk away and let that drunk hyena continue making a fool of herself. 

Was Ava sending Paul her panties and hotel key in an envelope supposed to be sexy? It wasn't. It was nasty and unhygienic. 

The Drake-Scorpio scenes were...something. Mostly trash. 

• Love 8

Monica singing Carly's praises was the low point of the episode today. There's no way Monica would ever be anything but contemptuous of her.

There was way too much clapping at the gala, and Paul's "speech" was nonexistent.

I know. Not even the presence of RF!S could make that crap work. 

• Love 6

I do think Sam should be angry at Nikolas. But *shrugs* Liez is the person who I blame the most for this mess. Its so gross that she would have sex with someone elses  husband and tell them ILY while lying to them for months on end. I still think what she did was border line rape.

• Love 11

The problem is that the petulant pity-party tantrums just reinforce the impression that this is a shallow loss. Even Laura's response - asking if she at least felt better is in the tone you'd use with a cranky toddler who has lost a toy.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

I do think Sam should be angry at Nikolas. But *shrugs* Liez is the person who I blame the most for this mess. Its so gross that she would have sex with someone elses  husband and tell them ILY while lying to them for months on end. I still think what she did was border line rape.

Yeah, I'm going to step out of this conversation because the rape accusation is ridiculous.

• Love 4

Carlos as Santa Claus was my everything today. Those wire-rimmed glasses slayed me.

Sonny and Liz need to have a joint pity party. Both were wallowing.

Ava sending Paul her panties and hotel key

So klassy, just like Ava. "Don't be long; I won't wait." Yes, you will, Ava. You're pathetic. I was kind of hoping Paul would go into the room where the toys were by mistake. Heh.

• Love 4

So klassy, just like Ava. "Don't be long; I won't wait." Yes, you will, Ava. You're pathetic. I was kind of hoping Paul would go into the room where the toys were by mistake. Heh.

Isn't it the same room decorated differently depending on the scene? ;)

Members of the "hey I apologized over and over (and by that I mean about three times tops), why u still mad bro?" club:

President: Sonny forever!
Liz: vice-president
Dante: secretary
Valerie: treasurer (she's always wanted to do something in finance if she couldn't be a policewoman)

I loved Tracy's gold jacket

Ava and Paul are almost tied with Julian and Alexis for most awkward love scenes.

Carlos as Santa Claus was my everything today. Those wire-rimmed glasses slayed me.

He needs to wear them all the time.

I have to admit I laughed at O. telling Liz she was hogging the spotlight and then her husky "Obrecht chief of General Hospital" spiel.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

Please tell me pun intended!

Carlos is now my second favorite character on GH. I have to take enjoyment where I can find it.

• Love 2

This episode was awful. The Robert/Patrick/Anna/Jerry scenes were a waste of time and way too short to even matter, the proposal was puke worthy, the Ava/Paul stuff *yawn*, Monica kissing Carly's ass *whatthefuckever*, Liz acting like a 12 year old *more yawning*, and I couldn't hear the Jason/Sam scenes near the end thanks to Mumbles McMumbleson and Barely Talks Above a Whisper. 

Christ. Why do I watch this fukakta show? 

• Love 3

Yeah, I'm going to step out of this conversation because the rape accusation is ridiculous.

The way I see it is, if the genders were reversed, I don't think anyone would even second guess Liz was being raped again, because she would not have all the information available to make an informed choice. Ergo, rape.

So I just don't see how the topic is so "out there" because it was a guy as a victim.

• Love 18

I just can't with Alexis and Julian.

Please, Robert, shut Jerry up. Lackluster scenes with truly terrible dialogue.

Carly and Monica, please make it stop.

This episode was awful. The Robert/Patrick/Anna/Jerry scenes were a waste of time and way too short to even matter, the proposal was puke worthy, the Ava/Paul stuff *yawn*, Monica kissing Carly's ass *whatthefuckever*, Liz acting like a 12 year old *more yawning*, and I couldn't hear the Jason/Sam scenes near the end thanks to Mumbles McMumbleson and Barely Talks Above a Whisper. 

Christ. Why do I watch this fukakta show? 

I want to marry either both of you or both of your posts.  I know this is presumptuous, but how do you feel about living in Utah?

• Love 4

Speaking of people who need to get read, Monica casually chatting with Carly - the woman who aided and abetted her son's murderer and is now married to said murderer - disgusts me.  I get that Monica's not gonna declare war with Michael's mother, but if she's not going to verbally eviscerate her, there's really no reason for them to speak.

So is finding out the identity of a person believed to be dead the same as raising them from the dead?  Because that's the only way I can see Monica giving Carly the time of day.

Although, AJ who?  The golden boy is back so screw the fat murdered guy.

This is why I don't care about Monica getting Jason back.  Its so gross how they are having her gloss over what Sonny and Carly did. 

• Love 5

Could someone tell me what happened in the previews - specifically Scrubs/Scorpio? I saw the episode but no previews.

The scenes may have been short but at least Patrick is finally realizing that he was an idiot to think Robin would willingly leave him and Emma, especially for work.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

I want to marry either both of you or both of your posts.  I know this is presumptuous, but how do you feel about living in Utah?

As long as we're close to Lagoon amusement park and I can ride Cannibal to my heart's content, I'm all for it. 

• Love 1

I don't consider it rape, either. Gross and inappropriate and deceitful, but not rape. It's my understanding that if both parties are willing participants..which Jakeson was....no crime was committed in the bedroom.

• Love 1

The way I see it is, if the genders were reversed, I don't think anyone would even second guess Liz was being raped again, because she would not have all the information available to make an informed choice. Ergo, rape.

So I just don't see how the topic is so "out there" because it was a guy as a victim.

Because I consider Jake a consenting adult. Just because he had amnesia doesn't mean he can't make his  own choices. Not to mention that even after he knew he was Jason, he still chose to sleep with Liz. 

• Love 2

Whether it was rape or not, I dunno.  But I definitely think the moral heinousness of it wouldn't even be in question if the sexes were reversed.

• Love 15

Maybe Casey the Alien took Lucas to Lumina for some company.

Maybe Lucas and Brad traveled to a small town in Pennsylvania for a Christmas party thrown by a doctor Lucas knows and his police officer husband.  And Lucas is confused when he meets a ditzy blonde woman who looks a lot like his aunt Ava's mom. #showinmyhead

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Could someone tell me what happened in the previews - specifically Scrubs/Scorpio? I saw the episode but no previews.

The scenes may have been short but at least Patrick is finally realizing that he was an idiot to think Robin would willingly leave him and Emma, especially for work.

Previews showed Anna telling Jerry that he'll pay for what he did to Robin and Patrick opening the door to the crypt.

And...yep, I enjoyed the scenes of Patrick learning the truth, tbh. I loved how he whipped his head around when he heard that Helena threatened him and Emma to control Robin. Like, "Oh, shit, while I was playing house, Robin was in hell!"

• Love 3

TeVee, describes exactly what I meant by the rape issue. If say Ric did to Liz what she did to Jason then I think It would be an issue for peopl. 

I can only speak for myself,  but  I wouldn't consider that rape either. Now  I would hate Ric doing that to Liz, but if Liz was mentally capable of making her own choices, then I wouldn't consider it rape.

Now, am I a hypocrite that I enjoyed Liz and Jake together, and adored that first love scene (Mainly because Becky and Billy are my two favorite soap actors, and I have wanted to see them paired together for a long time.) Yes, I am, but If Liz was going to be thrown under the bus, then I had to find something to enjoy out this awful story, and that was Billy and Becky's chemistry, and me choosing to ignore the lie during most of this story.

• Love 1

Members of the "hey I apologized over and over (and by that I mean about three times tops), why u still mad bro?" club:

President: Sonny forever!

Liz: vice-president

Dante: secretary

Valerie: treasurer (she's always wanted to do something in finance if she couldn't be a policewoman)

You forgot new members Kiki and Morgan.  "Sorry we drugged you, Michael, can't you just get over it?"  Did Morgan even apologize for shooting Max?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4

I know. Not even the presence of RF!S could make that crap work. 

What in the bluedilly FUCK did they do to my RobertFucking!Scorpio? Having him just stand there and stare at Jerry? Please. When those two minions showed up, Robert and Anna could have each *tapped-tapped* them, and then turn their guns on Jerry. And if not then, then Robert could have shot the one still conscious while Anna emptied her gun into Jerry.

The fucking fact that they bought Jerry's lie that Helena had Robin all this time, whatever. It was Jerry, as far as I'm concerned.

I can't even muster up ire over Patrick's lines because it's such bullshit and retcon City.

So tomorrow will be declarations and confessions of love, regret, begging for forgiveness, then the 'With this kiss, I awake thee from death's slumber' I guess?

Today should have been November 2013 RobertFucking!Scorpio and Anna Devane!

Fuck this show.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

You forgot new members Kiki and Morgan.  "Sorry we drugged you, Michael, can't you just get over it?"  Did Morgan even apologize for shooting Max?

Eh, Max.

Kiki's was more like "I drugged you! I'm sorry! But it was mostly Morgan's idea!" and then she gets forgiven right away by everyone for some bizarre reason. Well, I mean, Michael would never take her back but that's less anger and more they moved on.

What a fabulous gala! There must have been 16 -- maybe even 17 -- guests.

Who also started to leave really quickly as well! (Same thing happened at the Nurses Ball)

• Love 4