Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm annoyed that stuff like Morgan finding out Michael is having a baby is off-screen. And Michael impregnated some chick less than a year after he dumps Kiki hard and she doesn't give a fuck? What the hell?

Why not, she doesn't give a fuck that Morgan slept with her mom. No, she only blames Ava for that. Her "boyfriend" was totally innocent.

I am not sure how Hells is responsible for Jason's amnesia. If I remember correctly, He knew who he was and where he was going when Robin was driving him home to PC. I thought that he lose his memory when Ava ran him over and let Jordan take the fall for that.

Jordan told her to do it, she was had called 911 to get help for Jason, she had checked on him. But Jordan insisted on taking the blame, not the other way around. Besides, dumbass Jason stepped into the middle of the road out of nowhere. Moron.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

I am not sure how Hells is responsible for Jason's amnesia. If I remember correctly, He knew who he was and where he was going when Robin was driving him home to PC. I thought that he lose his memory when Ava ran him over and let Jordan take the fall for that.

Yes, it was implied that he knew who he was when he was with Robin and then the accident caused the amnesia. So this new crap is a retcon or the writers forgot.

• Love 3

Yes, it was implied that he knew who he was when he was with Robin and then the accident caused the amnesia. So this new crap is a retcon or the writers forgot.

Helena did something to him as well though. 

I'm not caught up on my Helena history, but do her curses actually mean anything?

It took time but it destroyed Luke and Laura's life together, sent Laura into a madhouse for years and sent Luke into a spiral one can argue he never totally escaped from. I say yes.

• Love 6

Anyone else annoyed that they retconned Hayden's shooting, making Shawn innocent?  I'm waiting for Carlos to show up alive, now.  He can take a drink and have water come out the half-dozen bulletholes that Anna put in him.

• Love 3

Anyone else annoyed that they retconned Hayden's shooting, making Shawn innocent?  I'm waiting for Carlos to show up alive, now.  He can take a drink and have water come out the half-dozen bulletholes that Anna put in him.

That's not a retcon, it was always known to the audience the shooter was on Nikolas' payroll.

And I don't know why these idiots think they are going to get any straight answers from someone as psychotic as Helena.  I am not even sure the writers are retconning Jason remembering before he was hit, Helena could just be entirely full of shit.  But Jason WAS on his way to Sonny's, even made it to his door.  And if he didn't remember Robin, I doubt he would have gone with her so easily.  Even if he couldn't talk.  So yeah, he definitely knew who he was before he was hit.

And yeah, she is so not dying. 

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 5

Oh, I don't think it's a retcon, I think Helena's totally lying.  And I don't think the mention of what she did to Lucky was an accident.  She'll spin some tale that she did something similar to Jason, that his memories of and love for Sam have been totally and permanently erased, letting Nikolas and Liz live to lie another day.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

That's not a retcon, it was always known to the audience the shooter was on Nikolas' payroll.

And it doesn't change anything. Sean was convicted of attempted murder and he fired into a room full of people intending to murder one of them. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

It took time but it destroyed Luke and Laura's life together, sent Laura into a madhouse for years and sent Luke into a spiral one can argue he never totally escaped from. I say yes.

Also, in the history thread, there's a clip of Helena cursing the Quartermaines and what happened to them kinda speaks for itself.

• Love 7

Sam should have told Helena she's been stabbed, shot, lost a baby, thought to have lost a baby, assaulted, made to think she was carrying her rapists baby, made to think her husband was dead, her son had cancer, she was stuck with Silas for months....what the hell else could happen?

• Love 18

Oh, I don't think it's a retcon, I think Helena's totally lying. And I don't think the mention of what she did to Lucky was an accident. She'll spin some tale that she did something similar to Jason, that his memories of and love for Sam have been totally and permanently erased, letting Nikolas and Liz live to lie another day.

I just...who goes to a crazy psycho liar for answers!? Jason!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Helena: You were involved with that odious, greasy Jolas McClay?  Oh dear, you've suffered enough.  Curse removed!

I just...who goes to a crazy psycho liar for answers!? Jason!

Oh, Jason and Sam believing a word she says - especially with Nikolas doting on her, given his clear involvement - is ridic.  I was just saying, I don't think they're retconning the amnesia being caused by Ava's accident.

• Love 4

You're right mybabyaiden.  I forgot about Nik's shooter.  TJ gets to blast Jordan for Shawn's "mistreatment", even though he was there to kill Jakeson.

Sean was convicted of attempted murder and he fired into a room full of people intending to murder one of them.

Yes, but now he doesn't have to feel guilty, poor baby.  He probably gets a get out of jail free card.

Edited by ciarra

I don't think so. If he'd give to jail for murder he might've been able to get his sentence reduced to the penalty for an attempted murder charge but he's in jail for attempted murder so the fact that he was incompetent (again!) doesn't really change his charges

If Keeks can't get Morgan to calm down, she is in a lot of danger. Morgan is acting more and more manic, and could hurt himself or someone else so easily. Ugh maybe the Show wants to redeem Franco by having him save or help Kiki.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Finally caught up.

Wow. So, Morgan has a gun? Clearly, this will end hilariously.

Did laugh at Ava/Carly having a "Who sucks at parenting " fight. Ladies, chill. You're both shit parents.

I can't even with this Sonny story. I do like that Epiphany threw his boxing mittens at him when he barked at her to place them on his hands. I can't wait till he asks her for towels.

• Love 7

Sean was convicted of attempted murder and he fired into a room full of people intending to murder one of them.
Yes, but now he doesn't have to feel guilty, poor baby.  He probably gets a get out of jail free card.

But he does have to live with the shame of being the worst. hitman. ever. 

I read some of the comments and just deleted Friday's show from my dvr unwatched. Thanks everyone! Although I'm intrigued by the possibility that Morgan will do something stupid and dangerous that will ruin his life, adding strength to Ava's argument that Carly and Sonny are terrible parents.

I nearly injured myself eyerolling from Thursday's show, when Morgan asked why Kiki would come forward about the hit and run and Keeks replied "Basic human decency" Where was that decency when she was bouncing between brothers, and coming up with the plot to drug Michael. 

• Love 4

I will love Morgan forever if he shoots and kills himself. Double points if somehow the bullet/s exit his own body and strike Kiki. Win win.

If this were to happen? I'd believe in God. 

i don't think he has enough sense to be ashamed. It's not his fault the target won't stay still! 

• Love 7

It's bullshit that Carly hasn't ever snarled at Kiki. Aside from bouncing back and forth between her sons, Kiki intentionally participated in a plan to drug Michael. Between Monica, Alan and AJ - Michael has a genetic predisposition towards addiction and Kiki/Morgan drugged him. Carly has to love Morgan but Kiki? Carly would have set her hair on fire. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11

I had to laugh at Sonny giving Patrick advice when Sonny himself whines constantly about how he's in a wheelchair and rehab is hard, darn it! It's so typically Sonny and GH to have that total unself-awareness. It always cracks me up.

• Love 3

Y'all I'm just so afraid that the Show is reabilitating Neens and Franks as upstanding citizens with jobs and empathy, who wuv with a wuv that is pure and sincere. Franks is gonna find a way to get through to Keeks, who will be saved as a hard-working upstanding waitress. She's already been showing glimpses of a conscience when squatting with crazy Morgan in the log cabin. Will Morgan accidentally shoot Kiki, causing Ava's head to explode?

I'm not caught up on my Helena history, but do her curses actually mean anything?

Very true and cool story, and my apologies to those not sports fans.

Helena's last curse was against Emily and Nik (who should know that his grandma's curses work) back in October 2004.  Storyline was that Nik and Em kiss in the Temple of Aphrodite on a nearby island and the curse would be broken. An earthquake destroyed the island before Em and Nik can get there, except for one patch of ground, which they kiss, music swelled, lights came from above, and the curse is broken.

Reason why I started with an apology to the sports fans was that we watched that taped Friday episode on a Sunday, before Game 4 of the American League Championship Series, with the Yankees leading the Red Sox 3 games to none. That Sunday game resulted in a comeback win for the Red Sox (and that's an understatement, but sums up for purposes here).

Monday episode had the recap of the curse-breaking kiss and another game. Result of that game was another comeback win for the Red Sox.

Here's the interesting part of the story: Game 6 the next day, and I rewind back to the Friday/Monday episode where they kiss. I have it cued and I watch it. Red Sox go ahead. Later that game, Yankees rally, and I recue and watch the kiss again. Next thing I know, a critical call goes against the Yankees, and the rally dies. Red Sox win again.

Game 7, repeat again. Watch the kiss, watch the game, Red Sox win game and series, after being on the verge of losing the Series.

Nik & Em's kiss broke Helena's curse and the Curse of the Bambino. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh, and Helena's curses are spot on. Look at what happened when she cursed Luke & Laura. Guza, Frons, RC, and 20-plus years of Sonnyness.

• Love 10

It's worked on the viewers, we are the real victims.  Helena was at the center of a lot of shitty, shitty storylines...because Helena.  And reasons.  Lots of...reasons.

Even though we usually never really saw her part of the story, or her motivations for her doing what she did.  She would arrive in the last few beats of the story to muah-ha-ha and tie up and/or gloss over loose ends, and here she is again - like some ancient deus ex machina going in for one more gloat and sneer.  Throw in a curse, and we've come around to full circle.  Haven't we all been feeling cursed by this show in some way?  Thanks for renewing it, Hels!  I suspect the true curse for us will be her handing down her big bad position to Dikolas, who has been practicing his gloat and sneer for a while.  He's got it down, too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing CT.  She's nailed the batshit crazy while dressed to the nines over the years, a great job by the actress who has had little to work with script wise.  She's shown us a textbook case of NPD  - absolute entitlement, not a trace of empathy, elaborate manipulation to get her own way, just for the fun of it.  But you know, for all of the story she's driven, and obvious mental problems she's still a cartoon character.  I think the most interesting thing about Helena is what made her the monster she is, and that's a story the show will never tell.

• Love 9

Meanwhile - two DOCTORS (patrick's brother Matt and Stephen Larrs) are languishing in prison.  Hmm - I wonder who will be getting out of jail first -  violent thug or a doctor?

• Love 6

Nik & Em's kiss broke Helena's curse and the Curse of the Bambino. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

There was no curse. The Red Sox just sucked for 86 years. :) 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 3
she's still a cartoon character

She was created for Elizabeth Taylor as stunt casting. I don't really mind, since I think every soap needs a BSC villain. The problem is that she's used as a deus ex machina—"because Helena...reasons" is a crutch all the writers have fallen back on too often when they don't want to think out a story thoroughly. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I had to laugh at Sonny giving Patrick advice when Sonny himself whines constantly about how he's in a wheelchair and rehab is hard, darn it! It's so typically Sonny and GH to have that total unself-awareness. It always cracks me up.

I still can't believe that scene happened. Can GH give me Patrick IN CHARACTER for this last month, please?

• Love 5

Very true and cool story, and my apologies to those not sports fans.

Helena's last curse was against Emily and Nik (who should know that his grandma's curses work) back in October 2004.  Storyline was that Nik and Em kiss in the Temple of Aphrodite on a nearby island and the curse would be broken. An earthquake destroyed the island before Em and Nik can get there, except for one patch of ground, which they kiss, music swelled, lights came from above, and the curse is broken.

Reason why I started with an apology to the sports fans was that we watched that taped Friday episode on a Sunday, before Game 4 of the American League Championship Series, with the Yankees leading the Red Sox 3 games to none. That Sunday game resulted in a comeback win for the Red Sox (and that's an understatement, but sums up for purposes here).

Monday episode had the recap of the curse-breaking kiss and another game. Result of that game was another comeback win for the Red Sox.

Here's the interesting part of the story: Game 6 the next day, and I rewind back to the Friday/Monday episode where they kiss. I have it cued and I watch it. Red Sox go ahead. Later that game, Yankees rally, and I recue and watch the kiss again. Next thing I know, a critical call goes against the Yankees, and the rally dies. Red Sox win again.

Game 7, repeat again. Watch the kiss, watch the game, Red Sox win game and series, after being on the verge of losing the Series.

Oh, and Helena's curses are spot on. Look at what happened when she cursed Luke & Laura. Guza, Frons, RC, and 20-plus years of Sonnyness.

As a huge baseball fan, this story makes me smile. Nem was the worst, but if they help break the curse of the bambino, then I will like them for a few minutes.

• Love 2

Meanwhile - two DOCTORS (patrick's brother Matt and Stephen Larrs) are languishing in prison.  Hmm - I wonder who will be getting out of jail first -  violent thug or a doctor?

I assume that's a rhetorical question? 

• Love 3

I still can't believe that scene happened. Can GH give me Patrick IN CHARACTER for this last month, please?

Why don't you just ask for a flying Pegasus unicorn? You'd have a better chance of actually getting that.

• Love 2

What?  She did go off on her over the drugging.  Morgan got the brunt of it, yes, since it was his idea, but Carly definitely saved some for Kiki, too.

I wish, but I'm pretty sure she didn't. :( I probably would have saved that episode on DVR if she had. Maybe she badmouthed Kiki behind her back though.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Although I'm intrigued by the possibility that Morgan will do something stupid and dangerous that will ruin his life, 

Wow. So, Morgan has a gun? Clearly, this will end hilariously.

Again, that is....It actually was LOL funny when Morgan showed up at a cabin with a gun to kill Julian (he bullied TJ to find out the location) and instead Julian charged at Morgan, causing the gun to misfire and Julian to hit his head on the floor. Michael then showed up, and talked Morgan into putting the gun down by saying dad doesn't want you to ruin your life and it's dad's decision, not yours, how to deal with Julian.

• Love 1

As a huge baseball fan, this story makes me smile. Nem was the worst, but if they help break the curse of the bambino, then I will like them for a few minutes.

I am with you , I am still smiling at those three games.

• Love 1

I didn't watch so, can you sum up why he has a shotgun? And save me having to watch? 

He's currently in a manic stage and he broke into somebody's cabin in the woods with Kiki and he thought he heard the cops coming for her so he grabbed a shotgun. He hasn't actually done anything with it yet though.

Not sure what thread this belongs in, but I was setting my dvr for the week and my provider and updated their 'show info' pages that you use to set a show to record to show cast pictures.  

Every show I watch seems to using a current picture, except GH which has a picture of Tony, Genie, Julie, Greg, and Tyler, and now lists those actors in the 'starrng' field, with "and Maurice Bernard" after them because of course.  I think is a publicity shot from Genie's '06 or '08 return because she looks heavier than she does now and Julie looks really young.

And its weird becase other shows have clearly been updated for real curren cast.  For example, Steven Yeun was removed from Walking Dead's cast list, while Jenifer Lewis has been added to Black-ish's.  

Edited by Tiger

He's currently in a manic stage and he broke into somebody's cabin in the woods with Kiki and he thought he heard the cops coming for her so he grabbed a shotgun. He hasn't actually done anything with it yet though.

The cabin actually belongs to his parents. Morgan decided to hide out on his parents' property not realizing that the cops would be able to figure that out eventually where they are hiding.

• Love 1

Actually, at one point he couldn't find something and Kiki wonders how he wouldn't know where the stuff was if he'd been there and then she says, "this isn't your parents' cabin is it?" And Morgan tells her what difference does it make. So I think we're supposed to believe that it is some random person's cabin. 

• Love 4