Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Of course I'm talking about the never-ending saga of Jake Doe.

I'm certainly tired of all these other characters keeping this infernal and endless secret but I'm bugged more about Jake himself. I mean the writing is just so terrible. The character doesn't seem to have the least bit of interest or curiosity about his real identity.

Rebecca Budig shows up as his alleged wife and he just goes 'okay.' Then finds out she isn't his wife and basically is a bit mad about that but leaves it at 'okay.' And then? Nothing. He hasn't investigated, he hasn't gone to a hypnotherapist to help with memories, he hasn't asked questions. I mean it's just stupid - like most of RC's writing.

I'm enjoying Laura. That's about it.

• Love 8

I do hope that the new writers decide to focus less on Nina and Franco, They are very annoying and focus more on our core characters.

I do wonder what they are going to do with TC's pregnancy. I hope that they ignore it.

• Love 3

I don't know if it was Jason* learning that Hayden knows who he really is or if it was Laura, gently urging him to find out who he is, but at least he is finally wanting to know who he is, if his conversation with Sam is anything to go by.

*Sorry, I detest the name smooshies, and since we know Miller is Jason, that's what I am going to continue calling him. Even if everyone else knows him as "Jake Doe."

• Love 2

I just got around to watching Friday's show last night, and I realized something - knowing that Ron's gone and his shit is on its way off my screen has made it easy for me to just smile and nod my way through an episode, enjoying whatever good acting I get (Genie and Becky) and not getting remotely rage-y about the awful of the plots.  Liz getting further shoved under the bus?  Don't care.  Denise is still a thing?  Don't care.  Whatever the fuck Franco and Nina are?  Don't care.  Who killed Silas?  Don't care.  No, wait, I do care.  I'm hoping it's one (or more) of Kiki, Morgan, and that horrific thing that's been hanging out on Maura's head.  I could totally see Morgan and Wig teaming up to do this, with Wig calling the shots while dumb, dumb Morgan carries out Wig's orders.  

But, seriously, Genie and Becky were so damn good.  

• Love 11

I just got around to watching Friday's show last night, and I realized something - knowing that Ron's gone and his shit is on its way off my screen has made it easy for me to just smile and nod my way through an episode, enjoying whatever good acting I get (Genie and Becky) and not getting remotely rage-y about the awful of the plots.  Liz getting further shoved under the bus?  Don't care.  Denise is still a thing?  Don't care.  Whatever the fuck Franco and Nina are?  Don't care.  Who killed Silas?  Don't care.  No, wait, I do care.  I'm hoping it's one (or more) of Kiki, Morgan, and that horrific thing that's been hanging out on Maura's head.  I could totally see Morgan and Wig teaming up to do this, with Wig calling the shots while dumb, dumb Morgan carries out Wig's orders.  

But, seriously, Genie and Becky were so damn good.  

They always are! That's what keeps me watching.

• Love 4
I just got around to watching Friday's show last night, and I realized something - knowing that Ron's gone and his shit is on its way off my screen has made it easy for me to just smile and nod my way through an episode, enjoying whatever good acting I get (Genie and Becky) and not getting remotely rage-y about the awful of the plots.

That's definitely the way to watch the next few weeks.

• Love 1

Jake and Sam are so entitled.  Hayden's eyes aren't even open before they barge into her hospital demanding answers.  Girl just woke up from 2.5 months in a coma.  Give her a couple of minutes!

I really don't know how or when Sam became the most self righteous character on the show

Edited by aw86
  • Love 8

How eye-rolling was Nina's goodbye to Silas.  "I wuved you so much Silas, especially that time I drugged you and was setting out to rape you."

LOL at Sonny being more concerned about Morgan mistreating Kiki than anything else.  His disappointment was more than a little ridiculous given Sonny banged Morgan's last girlfriend IN A CRYPT.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Could they at least have a scene where Julian says something like, "okay, whatever you say, Ava" under his breath so we know for sure he did not fall for this stupid crap.

Also, can someone tell WdV that Julian does not have to throw an arm around Alexis' shoulder and suck her face like he's the quarterback of a winning game every time Alexis and Julian kiss? It was a door greeting, for goodness' sake.

Nina and Franco kiss. Camera pans to Silas' dead face. End scene. What am I supposed to be feeling here?

Sonny to Morgan: You don't think, that's the problem.

Also, I don't believe for one moment Sonny's upset about Morgan sleeping with Denise for freaking Kiki's sake.

Franco covering up all evidence to Silas' murder. Suck it, Kiki. He's as good a friend as Kiki deserves.

• Love 3

Jake and Sam are so entitled.  Hayden's eyes aren't even open before they barge into her hospital demanding answers.  Girl just woke up from 2.5 months in a coma.  Give her a couple of minutes!

Wait, don't you remember when she got in Patrick's face to do Jason's surgery, minutes after Robin was supposedly blown up? And had the ashes of the explosion still on him? Remember, time was ticking away, and the surgery needed to be done STAT! Robin would have understood--that's what she was working on! Never mind the fact that it wasn't really Robin who got blowed up.

• Love 7

Could they at least have a scene where Julian says something like, "okay, whatever you say, Ava" under his breath so we know for sure he did not fall for this stupid crap.

something in his tone of voice today, made me think that he knows.  At least, to me, that's how WdV was playing it.  

Hayden looks pretty good for someone who was shot in the head 2 minutes ago.  Hair nicely styled.  No bandaid on her wound.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3

This show sucks! Why do I have the feeling that Genie is not coming back to this crap fest?

Because we haven't heard about GF getting a contract but don't worry, Greenlee did get a contract. #priorities

Taking response to Media thread.

I hope that Patrick isn't stupid to allow Liz with her terrible nursing skills to be around Hayden.

Other than the one time where she screwed up with Shiobhan, when has Liz been an incompetent nurse?

That said, she shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Hayden due to her relationship with Jason. But that's stupid, because, when has this show ever cared about that?

• Love 1

WTF is Laura talking about saying revealing the truth about Jason may cause problems outweighing the good it would do? Says who? Why does she think she gets to decided that Sam and Monica don't need to know that he's alive? What a bunch of bullshit. 

• Love 4

WTF is Laura talking about saying revealing the truth about Jason may cause problems outweighing the good it would do? Says who? Why does she think she gets to decided that Sam and Monica don't need to know that he's alive? What a bunch of bullshit.

The show decided that they need to trash another vet. Gotta fill some quota.

she was just saying that to Nikolas as a reason for why she's keeping quiet. The real reason she's doing it is she's afraid to find out if Nik tried to kill Greenlee.

• Love 5

And even though it was in there to allow Genie Francis' break, I liked what Laura said about not being able to face people like Sam and Monica and that she had to get out of town and take time to wrap her head around this whole thing.

Unlike Liz, who took about ten seconds after finding out who Jake(son) really was to decide she was totes cool lying for the rest of her life.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 18

she was just saying that to Nikolas as a reason for why she's keeping quiet. The real reason she's doing it is she's afraid to find out if Nik tried to kill Greenlee.

So a son will never know his father because Laura is covering for Nik "possibly" trying to kill an innocent woman. Laura has no defense here, IMO.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

So a son will never know his father because Laura is covering for Nik "possibly" trying to kill an innocent woman. Laura has no defense here, IMO.

I'm not saying that it is a defense - just saying that's the actual reason.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

You know, I can't get really upset over this, because despite being told that Jason will probably never, ever, ever, ever remember his past and that's all gone for good! For GOOD, y'all! We, at least I've seen him having flashbacks, that he told Sam that when he learned Hayden knew who he was, his body, like seized up, and he's having Deja Vu moments...I know that he'll remember who he is.  I mean, even if Laura* told him, that doesn't mean that all of his memories will come crashing back and he'll be like "What am I doing here with Liz?" Sure, he'll think that, but not as if he has no idea why he's there. What I'm trying to say in my normal, convoluted, long-winded way is, that regaining his memory won't erase his new memories.

And if Genie wasn't leaving, no way she wouldn't find a way to let Sam and Monica know.

*Yes, I am also a proud Laura apologist. Sue me.

• Love 10

Hayden absolutely remembers everything and is faking it. She's going to play everyone while she properly assesses her options, and then make her move. At least that's how RB seemed to be playing it today when she told Patrick that she'll be just fine. Or whatever she said to him.

• Love 3

Dear GH Writers:

Monica has four children.  Four.  Dawn, Emily, A.J. and Jason.  All of whom, to the best of her knowledge,have been murdered.  Not just the precious boys.  The precious girls, too.

Please to be remembering this.

Thanks, ever so...

Everyone knows girl children don't count. 

Relief for Silas that he doesn't have to see that?

Envy that he doesn't have to see that?  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 8

The show decided that they need to trash another vet. Gotta fill some quota.

"Hey, at least they didn't make her a stone cold-blooded killer."

~ Ava, Sonny, Anna, Luke, Julian, Madeline, Leisl

"Or a would-be murderer who didn't get the job done only because we fucked up."

~ Carly, Nikolas, Sean, Duke

"Or a wannabe baby killer."

~ Sabrina

"Or someone who gruesomely tortures a woman giving birth and then leaves her to die. Leaves her to die. TO. DIE!"

~Nina

"I'm looking pretty moral right now."

~Jason

"I'm still the worst, by far."

~Franco

Edited by Francie
  • Love 22

Wait! Did I catch Franco's tumor, or did I hear Sonny actually tell someone they need to own up to doing something wrong. 

Yes which coming from anybody else would have been great, but coming from Sonny, I laughed.

• Love 2

I REALLY REALLY don't understand the damn pacing of this friggin show.  Patrick was an asshole for allowing Sam and Jake to even be in the room when Hayden woke up and Sam and Jake were assholes for badgering her the second she woke up.  My god, let her get some ice chips or something after being tubed for months.  Fucking Jake man...he is content to not know who he is for 8-9 months, and now all of a sudden he has to KNOW.RIGHT.NOW.   The stupid, it burns.

I ff'ed Nina crawling on the floor with deadSilas. 

Oh Laura.  At least you know you wouldn't be able to look Sam and Monica in the eyes if you stayed in PC, but UGH to another person keeping this damn secret.  And fuck you Liz, now Jason has the family he always wanted?  No you delusional piece of shit, that would be with HIS WIFE and THEIR CHILD. 

Are the new writers here soon?  Someone please tell me a definite date so I can at least have some hope.  Did we ever confirm if their start date is the 10th or if that's when their stuff airs?

• Love 9

No, that's when they start writing officially.

This doesn't make any sense.  So they officially fire on Jul 24th, announce the new writers but then they're not working for two full weeks.  Are they still shooting Ron scripts?  Is the studio dark until Aug 10th?  Either way, why wouldn't they get to work immediately?   

• Love 1

Didn't Liez flat out tell her that Nik had Greenlee shot?

And fuck you Liz, now Jason has the family he always wanted?  No you delusional piece of shit, that would be with HIS WIFE and THEIR CHILD. 

I'm hoping against hope that the new writers don't pull a I'm-crazy-because-my-child-died with Liez and ship her off to Shadybrook for a few weeks. I'm not here to see her skate. She needs to stick around and be lambasted by everyone who cares about Jason and then she can call a psychiatrist. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Apparently, all of my local news stations decided that flooding in the Bay Area, in which I don't even live, was more important than soaps, so I missed the show today.  Entirely.

Based on what I'm reading here, though, that's probably a good thing.

• Love 1

Ooookay....I turned on DVR and started GH, and imagine my surprise when I saw that Phyllis Newman from Genoa City had stabbed John McBain from Llanview to death and Todd Manning from the same city discovered them.

Now I wonder what happened to General Hospital today.....

• Love 19
I'm hoping against hope that the new writers don't pull a I'm-crazy-because-my-child-died with Liez and ship her off to Shadybrook for a few weeks. I'm not here to see her skate. She needs to stick around and be lambasted by everyone who cares about Jason and then she can call a psychiatrist.

@LeftPhalange, I appoint you my official mouthpiece for all things Liz. Excuse me, Liez.

• Love 9
In other news, what was with the random blurb about the Mayor and her e-mails regarding the election being hacked?  Will Felicia finally be vindicated?

I hope so. I'd like to see Felicia before 2017. It might also be the start of Nik's downfall, as he was involved with the election, right?

LOL at Sonny lecturing Morgan about his bad choices regarding women. 

• Love 5

In other news, what was with the random blurb about the Mayor and her e-mails regarding the election being hacked?  Will Felicia finally be vindicated?

The rigged election plot is actually a good idea, I think the Lomax actress is fantastic, and you all know how I feel about Felicia and Kristina.  So i don't understand 99.5% of the story and 100% of the key characters are totally off-screen, yet every single beat of anything and everything RAPIST SERIAL KILLER & WE (-2) NEVER CARED is played out on screen.  

• Love 7

I marathoned last week today. I liked it. I especially loved McBain telling off Morgan. Finally, someone calls Morgan a brat and they get killed. Boo. I enjoyed Laura fucking with Liz in front of His Holy Jasus and Pat Pod. But my fav scene.... might be Carly goimg on about Jake (that Laura knows is Jason) and saying how he's Teh Bestest, and omg How Dare Lucky leave Jason's Zombie Son he didn't want. ....and Laura is just like um yeah, fuck this I'm out lawlz. GF's face was so perfect too.

• Love 4