Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't think that Robin knows that Jason is currently alive. She knows he took off from Crighton and that's the last she heard of him before she was shipped off to parts unknown.

besides, other than Patrick, Sam and Carly, does anyone else know that Robin unfroze (thawed out) Jason?

Robin and Jason escaped the clinic together. She dropped him off at Sonny's, while she went to Anna's. Helena was already at Anna's, though, and threatened the life of Robin's family (who she had cameras on) unless Robin kept her mouth shut and became a captive. So Robin told Anna and Douchebag via Skype that she was going to Paris because she was broken and Emma needed stability and she made the wrong decision to bring Jason back who "died." All the while, Robin was telling Helena that Jason was strong and would save her. Poor girl.

Anyway, later, Helena told Nik that Robin unfroze her and Jason. So Nik knows. And if Liz and Nik are so concerned about the secret they're keeping, they should be worried that Robin would pop up.

Unless Nik knows Robin is a captive and is OK with it. I wouldn't be shocked if Ron went there.

• Love 2
(edited)

When I think "need", the character must serve a purpose no one else currently on the canvas does, or fill a need no one else does, and I don't think Lucky does that. There are two male characters who are cops around his age to be "hero". Lulu, if she needs brotherly advice, has Nikolas. Liz's kids don't "need" an onscreen dad, lots of characters survive without one.

I can get with "want" him on the show, but need? I don't agree that there is a need.

Especially not when pretty much everyone, including myself, complains about the overblown cast.

Yeah, I'd trade the Tree and his entire stupid family for Lucky in a heartbeat - especially since Laura is going to be around and Nik is currently eeeeeeevil Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Wait. Liz said that besides Rebecca Budig, Helena is the only person who knows Jake is Jason. So are we to believe that Liz and Nik don't think Robin has any idea Jason is alive? When OH YEAH, she unfroze him. It's cute that Ron tries to pretend Jason's story started from the Ava car crash.

Do they know that Robin unfroze him?  This shit has gotten so convoluted that I have no idea who knows what any more.  But, if Nik and/or Liz knew that Robin knows Jason is alive, then they'd have to wonder why the hell she hasn't told anyone, like, say, his wife, or his mother.  The only way either of them knowing would make sense is if Nik knows that Helena has Robin stashed somewhere.  And that would make Nik the absolute worst human being on this show.  

Really?  I thought Jason and Liz were "victims" of the defective condoms made by Quartermaine pharm.

I believe it was them and Lulu/Dillon for sure.  I think Robin's pregnancy was also a result of them, but I could be wrong there.  But I seem to remember that there were a lot of "oops!" pregnancies thanks to the Q's defective condoms, not just the one.  

• Love 4

Do they know that Robin unfroze him? This shit has gotten so convoluted that I have no idea who knows what any more. But, if Nik and/or Liz knew that Robin knows Jason is alive, then they'd have to wonder why the hell she hasn't told anyone, like, say, his wife, or his mother. The only way either of them knowing would make sense is if Nik knows that Helena has Robin stashed somewhere. And that would make Nik the absolute worst human being on this show.

Nik 100% knows Robin unfroze Jason. I specifically remember Helena telling him and him not asking follow up questions like...."Where is Robin now?"

Liz hasn't had such a scene with anyone, but it makes me laugh/it's unbelievable that her BFF Patrick the Snitch or Nik wouldn't tell her. For example, why does Liz think Patrick and Robin divorced? Is Patrick just telling people Robin left his poor self for no reason and he just HAD to fuck someone else?

• Love 3
Is Patrick just telling people Robin left his poor self for no reason and he just HAD to fuck someone else?

Pretty much. (Would it be surprising?) 

So Nik knows?  Yeah, if he's not wondering why Robin hasn't told anyone yet, he's a dumbass.  If he was wondering, but realizes (or at least thinks it's possible) that his grandmother has Robin locked away somewhere, then he's the biggest ass ever.  I could see him not telling Liz, because no way in hell he wants Liz to know that he knows Robin is being held by his grandmother, and he's doing nothing about it (beyond putting Grandma in a timeout on the island where she's no doubt screwing the pool boy and still commanding her army of minions to do her bidding).  Keeping Jason from re-discovering his life as the Holy Hitman is one thing, but enabling Robin's continued captivity is another. 

• Love 3

I believe it was them and Lulu/Dillon for sure.  I think Robin's pregnancy was also a result of them, but I could be wrong there.  But I seem to remember that there were a lot of "oops!" pregnancies thanks to the Q's defective condoms, not just the one.  

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry, I was getting infused when I typed my response to dubbel about why/how Lulu and Dillon back in 2007.  I know that Robin and Patrick were broken up, and then had grief sex (I haaaate these labels but apparently that is the norm), after Georgie's murder, which resulted in Robin's pregnancy, but Georgie was alive during the condom shenanigans, so Robin's pregnancy wasn't a part of that.

And since I sprained my wrist, it hurts to go back to find the initial comment, but I don't think it's right or fair to blame JJ for Greg Vaughn being fired.  From what I recall in the interview that JJ had given when it was announced he was coming back, Guzasshole had been trying to lure him back for years, and JJ just kept saying no. And then finally said yes.  Greg being fired is ALL on Guza, not JJ.  And no one will convince me he left because he only wanted to do it for a year; it was craptastic and shitfest of a story, having him cry and do stupid things, instead of a Lucky and Liz reunion.

And I don't think Greg would fare better now. Even if his Lucky had a great natural rapport with the kids, he was made into a beefcake dummy. Or dim, as someone else posted. The edge, the cunning, the smarts, even knowing how to hack into a computer to find stuff, was stripped from his Lucky. He was all brawn. So like I, and others have also stated, I don't care that his hair was a mess or that he had that scruff on his face. It's JJ*. That is all.

*And I realize there are as just as many who don't care any fucks for JJ or his Lucky.  Not trying to convince those to agree with me, just stating my preference.

• Love 7

Okay I read over the transcript and it solidified my feeling from yesterday.

When Lulu said "yes, okay maybe you're right and I did go back to that place of being Luke's Spencer's daughter", it didn't feel like she meant it. It's like when someone accuses someone of a crime and the accused just says yes yes I admit it, just to stop being yelled at. I think she was just saying to get him to back off and stop being so angry for her. When she said, "yes it felt like I mattered for 5 whole minutes" I think she was manipulating him a bit to get him from stop being angry at her. (And he obviously saw through that). Which is not cool but he was just screaming at her and not letting her get a word in and I think she just wanted a damn minute to breathe, because that's not what she was expecting when she came home. Should she have? Maybe, but she didn't.

I think it really was just dumb impulsiveness to leave and go have fun and help out her brother at the same time, which is something Dante has a legitimate reason to be pissed at her about, but I've seen Lulu in her "love me daddy" modes and that wasn't it.

And Dillon was acting super, super shady too imo. Each time Lulu had doubts about not telling Dante, he was there to tell her that Dante would totally get them killed (how would he know?) and that's what her parents asked her do. Yet when Luke and Laura told her to go home, Dillon said, I don't think you should listen to your parents (except for the whole calling your husband thing!)

I hope Dante punches him in the face.

• Love 5

Pretty much. (Would it be surprising?)

So Nik knows? Yeah, if he's not wondering why Robin hasn't told anyone yet, he's a dumbass. If he was wondering, but realizes (or at least thinks it's possible) that his grandmother has Robin locked away somewhere, then he's the biggest ass ever. I could see him not telling Liz, because no way in hell he wants Liz to know that he knows Robin is being held by his grandmother, and he's doing nothing about it (beyond putting Grandma in a timeout on the island where she's no doubt screwing the pool boy and still commanding her army of minions to do her bidding). Keeping Jason from re-discovering his life as the Holy Hitman is one thing, but enabling Robin's continued captivity is another.

He's either dumb as fuck (like everyone else) and believes Robin is just living happily in Paris and is never coming back to spill info or he knows she's captive and is purely evil.

• Love 1

Right on, Kerley Q. Liz said on stage that Robin is happily living in Paris - she had to hear that from Patrick. I don't doubt both Patrick and Nikolas would keep the truth about Robin re: Jason and Helena from Liz, because they've both verbalized that they're moving on after being abandoned by Robin and lied to/humiliated by Britt. Nikolas never asked follow-up questions about Robin, or investigated her whereabouts, because he is focused on getting what he wants. Also, Tyler does not play Nikolas as someone who invests in friendships that don't involve sex. I remember he was shocked, but hardly looked overjoyed, to discover that Robin was alive. His reaction was basically, Robin, you're alive?! I thought maybe Britt's baby was being held in this secret area! Okay, well, let's get you out of here. 

• Love 3

Robin and Jason escaped the clinic together. She dropped him off at Sonny's, while she went to Anna's. Helena was already at Anna's, though, and threatened the life of Robin's family (who she had cameras on) unless Robin kept her mouth shut and became a captive. So Robin told Anna and Douchebag via Skype that she was going to Paris because she was broken and Emma needed stability and she made the wrong decision to bring Jason back who "died." All the while, Robin was telling Helena that Jason was strong and would save her. Poor girl.

Anyway, later, Helena told Nik that Robin unfroze her and Jason. So Nik knows. And if Liz and Nik are so concerned about the secret they're keeping, they should be worried that Robin would pop up.

Unless Nik knows Robin is a captive and is OK with it. I wouldn't be shocked if Ron went there.

Question:  Did Helena ever take those cameras out of the house or is someone in Cassadine security getting an eyeful?

He's either dumb as fuck (like everyone else) and believes Robin is just living happily in Paris and is never coming back to spill info or he knows she's captive and is purely evil.

I've very scared when (if!) they have Jason remember he will have a Robin shaped hole in his memory.

• Love 3

I've very scared when (if!) they have Jason remember he will have a Robin shaped hole in his memory.

Patrick will tell him that Robin has a bed in Paris and Jason will be like, "Oh, cool, tell her I say hey." And then Patrick will be like, "Well, I haven't actually spoken to her in over a year" and Jason will say, "That bitch hasn't called you???"

• Love 3
And I think the ONLY reason they are bringing Jake back is to tie the lying Lizzard to Jake FOREVER. With Dead!BabyJake, Jakeson can walk away from the liar and never look back. With backfromthedeadJake, they are tied for the rest of their lives.

Jake is a connection between Liz and Jason whether he's dead or alive, IMO. But you're right that would he want to, Jason could ignore Liz forever if Jake stayed dead.

I enjoy Julian when he's in a what-the-hell mood, like when he told Connie to go ahead and tell everyone he was Julian, not Derek. He cracks me up when he's preening.

The specific circumstances aside, Liz being Patrick's best woman was so great. I just wish we could have been the drunken shenanigans from the night before.

Liz's hangover appearance in sunglasses the next morning was that much funnier for not seeing them, IMO. For once, we didn't need to see what happened offscreen.

I hope Dante punches [Dillon] in the face.

This needs to happen. I don't need a reason.

Jason has already had a dream about Robin, but as usual with Ron, there was no followthrough.

• Love 5

Why the hell is Valerie telling people about Lante marriage troubles. 

I kinda liked Carly today. 

*sighs* at this stupid baby Jake story.

Luke never felt bad about it. In fact he told Lucky it was liberating. SMH at this rewrite.

• Love 2

I have never been a Laura/Scott fan, but the last go round of the two had the couple growing on me. If Ron could allow Scotty to move passed the Laura is the "great love his life and Luke Stole her mode" (Dominique is the great love of his life anyway) and allow them to settle down into a stable couple they could work. I loved the little eye rolls Laura would do when Scott would bluster. If this could be there "thing" Scotty as a blow heart with a heart of gold and Laura kind of smiling and saying "Yes he's a jerk, but he's my jerk" (which is what Mrs Fylaki does with me LOL) then they could work

• Love 2

So... Robin isn't even a loose end to Helena (or the writers)?  And, for Luke, "killing" Jake was the worst thing that ever happened to him?  How... very self-centered of him.  And, I don't believe him anyway.

If this kid does turn out to be Jake, does this mean Carly can go back to being mean to Elizabeth?

I hope this is the last we've seen of Helena.  CT is fabulous, but I am so tired of Helena Cassadine.

Dante, I wouldn't count on Valerie keeping your secret, not based on how fast, and without a qualm, she was giving up private information about Nicholas, her host, to Sam and Jake yesterday nor on how fast she gave your tryst up to the boss.  Jordan didn't even have to apply one single thumbscrew to get her talking.

NuDillon really bugs me.  Aside from being bland to the point of no flavor whatsoever.  He and Valerie.  It's how he's all up in everyone's faces, in their relationships and storylines.  He's been in town a nanosecond.  He hasn't earned it.

• Love 6
(edited)

Really, Tracy can?

Where are these "plenty of other dudes"? What are their names? Because they aren't on this show. I'm honestly confused by this statement.

Yes, Tracy can. What I meant was that Jane Elliot has chemistry with everyone on the planet, and if they're truly committed to Tracy's future on the show without Luke they can always cast another man for her and create a new character - a reunion with Paul Hornsby just because he's the latest swinging dick available doesn't really interest me. I personally would prefer to see GF paired up with Richard Burgi because I think she's been lacking for story and an equal partner for many, many, many years, and while I can see some good drama being mined from Paul, Laura and Tracy, I know what Ron will do with it. I just don't see a point in reducing these characters to scrapping like junkyard dogs over a scrap of meat, either onscreen or in the audience. What I really want is for them to cast someone new for each woman, but what I suspect they're going to do is have these two women over 50 play an Archie Comics Betty/Veronica triangle over the same man for the next six to nine months.

You might see it as my reflexively giving Tracy the shaft when a new man is available, but to me that's not the question. I love both actresses and both characters, I just prefer this particular variation. And I don't want it to become a question of having to Sophie's Choice just because GH is making quality actors or characters of a certain age bracket scarce. I don't see why I should. If that makes me less of a fan of Tracy, that's up to someone else to decide.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

I'm at 20 on a scale of 1-10 anger that Luke is the first one to see little Jake, and have the boy introduce himself to Luke. His smile of happiness/relief did nothing for me. And no, Laura, Lucky cannot firm that this blond boy is Jake. He is not a doctor who can do an instaDNA test on the kid and Elizabeth. Helena gets to walk away from Luke and thank him for the passion?!? He should slit her throat where she stands for kidnapping Lucky for a year and helping her psycho son kidnap and freeze Lulu. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I hope this is the last we've seen of Helena.  CT is fabulous, but I am so tired of Helena Cassadine.

I'm tired of Hells and the Spencers.  But if Helena decided to spend her "retirement" messing with Alexis and her daughters just for funsies, I'd be all in.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Tracy, you should not only have hit the car in reverse and backed over her again, you should have literally stuck a fork in her.   Jenny Eckert.Most.Useless.Boring.Character.Ever.

Why do I get the feeling it might be a cleverly concocted story, though? Not that I doubt Jenny turned out to be faithless, but my lying liar senses are tingling.

• Love 2

Elizabeth and Jason had a connection long before she was ever pregnant with Cam, Jake or Aiden.

Liason started out as friends in 1999 after Lucky died in the fire.  The show kept the connection between Elizabeth and Jason, because the couple has fans, and it is a soap opera.  Jason was just as much in love with Elizabeth as he was with Robin, Carly to an extent, Courtney and Sam.  

Jason and Sam have both done some shitty things on this show and they got away with it.  Jason will be mad at Elizabeth, but he can sit his ass down or look in the mirror, because he has done worse things than my girl ever will!

As for JaSam being married, so what?  That never kept Jason from bedding Courtney while she was married to AJ.  Sam had no problems sleeping with a married Sonny and having his baby, seducing her mother's husband and destroying her sister's family, seducing Lucky out of spite and endangering a toddler and a baby.

Jake should have never been killed off in the first place.  If JaSam is the root for couple, why kill of a child in order for them to have one of their own?  Elizabeth and Jason were never obsessed over each other, they always wanted the best for each other, and often pushed the other one to be with their current partners.

• Love 7
I didn't realize that GF was here for more than stunt casting.

She might not be. Or, I mean, she might be.  Ehhh, we don't know.

We've only been told that she has a contract of indeterminate length, though probably the shortest in length that Frank can give out.  That'll she be leaving with Tony at the end of this month and then back again in the fall.  Then we're being told "we'll see." Genie has indicated that she's open to a long-term stay.

We know that Genie has said in the past that she will not work without a contract. Personally, I get the feeling that Frank wanted her only to walk Tony off into the sunset .  He signed Genie only because he had to, made overtures about her staying on to entice her to come back, and he plans on dumping her as soon as he is able.  I would be surprised to see her here beyond the end of the year.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Jason had the same love for Liz, Sam, Carly, Courtney, and Robin. They were all different relationships and different types and levels of love.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I am willing to buy Jake coming back from the dead, but Carly being civil to Liz? Nope.

As for the ridiculous white washing of Luke having any kind of guilt over Jake-- not buying that either. Nor do I buy that running over Jake was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Worse than remembering killing both your parents? Mkay.

• Love 3

We know that Genie has said in the past that she will not work without a contract. Personally, I get the feeling that Frank wanted her only to walk Tony off into the sunset .  He signed Genie only because he had to, made overtures about her staying on to entice her to come back, and he plans on dumping her as soon as he is able.  I would be surprised to see her here beyond the end of the year.

I think if it was up to Frank he'd keep her around - I don't think he wanted her gone the first time. But I think he'd rather not have to put her on a real contract and be bound by that. He's been tussling with vets over that shit since Tristan Rogers, at least; they always play it cheap. GF is probably the only one with leverage to force that issue. The question is for how long, and what will she put up with come 2016.

• Love 4

Aside from a paycheck I don't know why any vet would want to come back to this mess.  I would imagine that Laura is going to see the same fate as most of the returned vets.  Two minutes of screen time a month if she is lucky and stories that play out entirely off screen.  GF should have done exactly what JJ has done.  Come in to see Luke off and then write this show off.

(edited)

I'm guessing...REASONS but check RC's Twitter feed. It'll probably have the story of Franco heroically saving Poor Dead Jake

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10
If this kid does turn out to be Jake, does this mean Carly can go back to being mean to Elizabeth?

Ugh, no. I'm really tired of Carly haranguing other women. It's old and dumb at this point.

• Love 3

As for the ridiculous white washing of Luke having any kind of guilt over Jake-- not buying that either. Nor do I buy that running over Jake was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Worse than remembering killing both your parents? Mkay.

At the time, he said someone "who kills a child" could never be redeemed. What guilt he felt was that a little boy wouldn't get to grow up - he did not care about Jake personally because he never acknowledged Jake as Lucky's son. He knew Lucky was devastated, but Lucky's love for Jake just never registered with Luke knowing Jason's the bio dad.. When Elizabeth was pregnant with Aiden - prior to any paternity test shenanigans - Luke assumed the baby would be Nik's and flat out asked Lucky, haven't you had your fill of raising other mens' children. Luke's utter disregard for Jake way before he ran the kid over is another reason I find him being the first to see the boy alive and smile at him to be yet another disgusting and disrespectful writing choice. That should be Elizabeth and Lucky's moment.

• Love 9

From what I remember, Lulu just wanted him and didn't care that he loved Georgie or that he was Georgie's boyfriend. Plus, Diego liked/wanted Georgie. So Lulu and Diego made it look like Georgie cheated with Diego, so that Dillon would turn to her, which he did.

I believe Dillon also used the defective condom that led to Lulu getting pregnant.

Yes, Lulu had feelings for Dillion, and it wasn't about Georgie, personally, while Master of Inconsistent Characterization and Walking Plot Device Diego had feelings for Georgie.

(edited)
I think if it was up to Frank he'd keep her around - I don't think he wanted her gone the first time. But I think he'd rather not have to put her on a real contract and be bound by that.

Yes, Frank likes to treat vets like with the same consideration players give booty calls.  Booty calls who sit by the phone waiting for only his call -- because, at their advanced age, who the hell else would be calling them?*

"Heyyyyyy. R U there??  U still up?  I know it's only 8. But u old.  R U doIng anything 2morrow?   If I text you 25 script pages, will u memorize them 2 the letter & come hang & shoot 15 scenes we'll spread over 68 epis? Cool. CU at 6:30 am"

*Did my sarcasm button work?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 14
(edited)

I notice dime store Dillon didn't tell Dante how he always encouraged Lulu not to call him

Oh Jordan, don't go down the "I must catch the criminal Sonny Corinthos" road. And also, "tell me more" after Valerie told her about the affair? How about, "just make sure it doesn't interfere with work" and then leave it alone?

I thought Emme did a good job saying "please please" when Lulu told Dante to get the door, she was obviously dreading hearing about it and wanted to put it off for one more minute

I liked DZ better today too. Today was more what I usually expect from him.

I really liked the Liz/Carly scenes over all

lmao they didn't even bother to explain it!!!! They just revealed Jake and then commercial break and then Helena saying, "and that's how it was!" You know, I guess it's just best not to even explain it. I actually said "oh my God" to myself twice at the badness/audacity of it. I thought I didn't mind but it's just too ridiculous. I don't know. I guess I'll get over it.

I thought it was funny when Helena was like, "ohh, is that a magic tattoo??"

I really, really like Paul and Tracy. Tracy looks fabulous.

Why the hell is Valerie telling people about Lante marriage troubles. 

Her and her mom used to go around spying on married couples and then writing about it in little leaflets and passing them under all the doors of their apartment buildings. It was their thing. :sob:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15
(edited)

Oh Jordan, don't go down the "I must catch the criminal Sonny Corinthos" road.

I thought they really hammered home today that she is the "villain" here.  Didn't she say something about using poor widdle Sonny's claustrophobia* and his bipolar disease against him?

* as I mentioned last year, since he was totally fine while he was in the slammer after years of whining, any claims by his stans that putting Sonny behind bars will just kill him will be brutally rebuffed.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

As we've seen with 4,287 other female members of law enforcement, the only thing that's going to lead to is her falling in bed with him.  Gross.

• Love 6

I can't believe they brought Jake back! I've always found his death to be more about ratings-bait than anything, so I'm glad that they're rectifying it.

All of those worrying about Carly and Liz going back to enemies when little Jake returns should stop worrying. That won't happen until Carly finds out that Liz was keeping her precious Jason's current identity a secret.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yes, please no.  Because, if you're female, that road is a one-way highway straight to Sonny's bed.

Edited to add:

Or what magnolia11 already said. Sorry!

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

I can't believe they brought Jake back! I've always found his death to be more about ratings-bait than anything, so I'm glad that they're rectifying it.

All of those worrying about Carly and Liz going back to enemies when little Jake returns should stop worrying. That won't happen until Carly finds out that Liz was keeping her precious Jason's current identity a secret.

I hate to say this but it is one time that I will stand behind Snarly for going off on Liz. Liz will deserve it.

• Love 2

Sam shouldn't even bother doing anything when the secret comes out. She can just sit back and watch Carly go nuclear

• Love 4

Since when did Sonny become the morality police of PC? Who is he to judge anyone about anything?

He's been doing that for years. He and Jason pretty much were crowned the morality police by Guza years ago. Honor! We're like firemen and soldiers! There's a code and we follow it! Honor some more!

• Love 10
(edited)

I hate to say this but it is one time that I will stand behind Snarly for going off on Liz. Liz will deserve it.

I have to (somewhat grudgingly) agree. The Jake thing isn't Liz's fault, but the Jakeson thing certainly is. But I'd also like Carly to beam some bile Nik's way.

Sam shouldn't even bother doing anything when the secret comes out. She can just sit back and watch Carly go nuclear

I can actually see Sam doing that. Why expend that kind of energy when Carly does it so well? Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6