Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Now see I liked Jen Lilley's Maxie better, too. Maybe that should be in the UOs thread. But for me it's like Robyn Richards > Jen Lilley > Kirsten Storms.

But yea I also go back and forth on KS' Maxie. At this point though I really can't take her. I only like her when she's in scenes with Dante.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Caught up on last week's episodes and both Looloo and Dillon can just SHUT IT, when it comes to berating Laura for anything.

Or like when Laura's trying to explain how Lucky's in trouble, the two idiots kept interrupting with their versions of "Who?What? Where? When? Why? How?" without even letting Laura finish a damn sentence.

And the look on Looloo's face when Laura said that her brother was in trouble, and had to say it was Lucky. The look on her face read to me like "Who's that?"

And add me to the list of people laughing at how pristine The Triple L Diner looked. It didn't have the look of a place abandoned 22 years previously. Except for that tiny fake spider web when Laura walked in.

Maybe I should take this into the UO thread, but Dillon keeps harping on this--so I'll post it here: Tracy just does not look devastated to me. She just doesn't. Maybe if this was the first time Luke jilted her this way, I could buy it. But this is like, what? The third? fourth, time? I haven't seen Tracy by herself to see this devastation/heart so broken Dillon can't STAND to see her broken like this. Or even humiliated.

That said, I love how Tracy kicked back and those scenes with Sam and yes, {shudder} Sabrina.

And Lawd Have Mercy, please, please spare me from any further scenes of having Black reporters, get into Dante's face, demanding why he arrested TJ, when it was his credit card and it went through. That's NOT why Dante arrested TJ. It was for shoving that racist security guard, who, ha, ha, surprisingly (sarcasm here), unsurprisingly, we have yet to see. Or if we have, I think I fast forwarded it, THAT'S how much this "story" interests me.  

Dante, I've said it before and I'm saying it again--STOP IT with those puppy dog eyes looks you're giving to Valerie. Just Stop It.

Genie looks amazing.  That is all.

• Love 5

IDK if I agree we weren't supposed to feel sorry for Lucy.

To me it depended.Were we supposed to feel sorry for lucy when scott left town with serena?yes we werent supposed to feel bad for her when she lost the baby and went after the Q's for money.Of course on port charles we were supposed to feel bad for her over her baby woes and even when her plot backfired and serena got hurt instead and Kevin dumped her at the altar and scott wouldnt let her see serena.

To me it depended.Were we supposed to feel sorry for lucy when scott left town with serena?yes we werent supposed to feel bad for her when she lost the baby and went after the Q's for money.Of course on port charles we were supposed to feel bad for her over her baby woes and even when her plot backfired and serena got hurt instead and Kevin dumped her at the altar and scott wouldnt let her see serena.

I agree. Lucy CAN get on one's nerves when she gets too excited on something, but the woman who carried Serena for Scott & Dominique, and mourned the loss of BJ? THAT Lucy is Awesome!Lucy to me. That's what makes me forgive some of her crazier, more spastic moments; the fact that her heart has grown exponentially in the years since she was first on the show (although it IS fun to see the scenes of her when she was a schemer, too--her wedding to Alan in that red dress/hat is AMAZING). 

• Love 9
Tracy's insistent air quotes about "Jake" cracked me up.

It's a relief to me that Tracy isn't much warmer to Jake than she was to Jason.

she measures herself up to Georgie, and knows she falls short.

What's the point of that, though, if Maxie continues to be such a dumbass? I'd like to see her start asking herself "What would Georgie do?" before she concocts yet another harebrained idea. Or if she won't ask WWGD, at least count to ten. 

But no one learns or grows on Ron's GH.

• Love 6

That would be something, seeing as Lulu isn't supposed to be able to carry a child to term. 

She actually can.  Right after they got their last embryo back from Dr. O, there was "drama" about whether Lulu should undergo a procedure so she could carry the baby to term.  She did and she can.

HOWEVER Lulu supposedly can't get pregnant the natural way because Stavros sticking her in the freezer made her unable to produce more eggs.

• Love 1

It's a relief to me that Tracy isn't much warmer to Jake than she was to Jason.

What's the point of that, though, if Maxie continues to be such a dumbass? I'd like to see her start asking herself "What would Georgie do?" before she concocts yet another harebrained idea. Or if she won't ask WWGD, at least count to ten.

They do, to a certain extent. And then they backslide again. But I don't think that's solely Ron's fault, but one of the inherit pitfalls of the genre, if you have long term characters continuously on the frontburner.

• Love 2
That would be something, seeing as Lulu isn't supposed to be able to carry a child to term.

She actually can.  Right after they got their last embryo back from Dr. O, there was "drama" about whether Lulu should undergo a procedure so she could carry the baby to term.  She did and she can.

HOWEVER Lulu supposedly can't get pregnant the natural way because Stavros sticking her in the freezer made her unable to produce more eggs.

You're right, TeeVee329; my mistake. Though isn't there still some worry about Lulu's ability to carry a baby? Or has the one remaining embryo has muddled that point because it's the last chance?

They do, to a certain extent. And then they backslide again. But I don't think that's solely Ron's fault, but one of the inherit pitfalls of the genre, if you have long term characters continuously on the frontburner.

True, but it'd be nice if we saw characters make different mistakes.

• Love 3
And Lawd Have Mercy, please, please spare me from any further scenes of having Black reporters, get into Dante's face, demanding why he arrested TJ, when it was his credit card and it went through.

Wait, did that actually happen?  Because, if so, if only having Black reporters ask questions is the message supposed to be that only Black individuals care about racism?! Or is the message supposedly only Black individuals think that racism occurs?

Regardless, Ron's lucky he's pretty much shut up on twitter, because he's one Justine Stacco away from being out of a job.  On second thought, Ron, please .... go on.

• Love 4

You're right, TeeVee329; my mistake. Though isn't there still some worry about Lulu's ability to carry a baby? Or has the one remaining embryo has muddled that point because it's the last chance?

Maybe?  I just remember we were supposed to think Lulu would have no problem carrying an embryo to term last fall, and thus be horrified when Stavros tried to implant her with the embryo he had made.

(edited)

[edited because, okay, I'll be nicer]

Plot points like this are the types of ones that can't be explained to non-soap watchers.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

Wait, did that actually happen?  Because, if so, if only having Black reporters ask questions is the message supposed to be that only Black individuals care about racism?! Or is the message supposedly only Black individuals think that racism occurs?

Regardless, Ron's lucky he's pretty much shut up on twitter, because he's one Justine Stacco away from being out of a job.  On second thought, Ron, please .... go on.

Yes, that did actually happen. I can't tell you which day it was. Thursday? I mean, just as you please, the reporter with his hand held tape recorder, followed by a guy with a camera, just got into Dante's face and demanded that he justify why he arrested TJ, when it was his credit card and it was approved. Before Valerie got in his face to say what a "good man" Dante is and how she's worked with him for him...and I just fast forwarded, because she's only been at the PCPD for less than a month, and how in the frak would she know what kind of cop Dante is anyway? Not that I'm saying Dante is racist; he's not. But how the fuck would she know? And yep, it was a Black reporter who just got in Dante's face.

• Love 1

Maxie had actually had quite a bit of growth under Guza but she seems to have suffered some sort of brain damage since giving birth.

She's just relentlessly stupid and shallow now

It doesn't help that RP is her primary scene partner because I feel like she turns the ditzy up to 15 to offset the fact that he so wooden

• Love 1

[edited because, okay, I'll be nicer]

Plot points like this are the types of ones that can't be explained to non-soap watchers.

I remember when Britt told them Lulu's eggs weren't viable, Dante replied, is this because of . . . what . . . happened on . . . Cassadine Island? as if the writers themselves were too embarrassed to spell out what they had previously written.

• Love 7

Finally catching up and, dear God, could they be any more obvious about setting up Sam and Jake/Jason. Friday was basically Jason/Sam redux. I'd actually feel bad for Jason Thompson but he is still getting a paycheck.

I'm beginning to think that he is just sticking it out until Kimberly McCullough comes back to give him a decent exit storyline although I have no idea how they can redeem the Scrubs pairing after all this crap.

I love Tracy!

Tracy: Okay, just to be clear - we are putting the fate of my father's company in the hands of Jason's widow and the man with a made up name.

Sam: If you've got a better plan, let's hear it.

Tracy: No, no, no, no, no, we'll do exactly what you and (finger quotes) Jake suggested and hope for the best.

It's the finger quotes that got me.

I enjoyed the trip down memory lane with Luke and Laura. It was a good and needed discussion.

• Love 5

Patrick should have been written off the show years ago. He's not a character that can stand on his own and it doesn't help that they don't WANT him to be. He's a glorified side piece who is rarely on-screen for anything other than to give other characters (aka Sam and Liz) someone to talk to about themselves.

And I don't care if this means JT is out of a job. It's no different than people who don't want to see Sabrina, Nina, Franco, Sonny, etc. All those actors would lose their jobs, too.

• Love 3
(edited)

So Nikolas' plan is to turn ELQ into a "real money maker"?  Don't the Cassadines already have a company, why can't Nik turn that into a "real money maker" if he's so strapped for cash?  What is so gosh darn special about ELQ?  Tell us, Ron, TELL US!

Ugh, and yet another rape-tinged story.  I get that this has been Jennifer Smith's shtick for years, but still.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
(edited)

I dont know whats happening but I kinda liked Dillon today. When he was with Tracy that is.

I enjoyed the Sam/Nik scenes.

So Luke's final story is going to involve him being raped. RC going for ironic story telling???

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 1

I'm beginning to think that he is just sticking it out until Kimberly McCullough comes back to give him a decent exit storyline although I have no idea how they can redeem the Scrubs pairing after all this crap.

Silly, cmahorror, it's simple "because. ...reasons". That's how MoRon will redeem them.

• Love 2
Ugh, and yet another rape-tinged story?  I get that this has been Jennifer Smith's shtick for years, but still.

and

So Luke's final story is going to involve him being raped. RC going for ironic story telling???

This is how Ron wants to end the story of an iconic soap character? Ugh. To the nth degree.

• Love 1

I dont know whats happening but I kinda liked Dillon today. When he was with Tracy that is.

I enjoyed the Sam/Nik scenes.

Jennifer Smith wants to have sex with Luke? Ok.

I'm watching now. Is this the original actress? Was she 10 years old when engaged to Luke?

(edited)

Nik: By the way, I'm nothing like Helena.

Me: You sent a hit man to murder a woman.  That's a little Helena-esque, albeit with less style and panache.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

And Jennifer Smith is a 35 year old actress.  Biggest eyeroll I ever had.   (I'm guessing the age) For goodness sake, cast someone in their late 40's or early 50's.  Laura was freakin' 18 when they went on the run.

• Love 1

Jennifer Smith wants to have sex with Luke? Ok.

I'm watching now. Is this the original actress? Was she 10 years old when engaged to Luke?

The original actress was a woman named Lisa Marie (NOT Presley! I mean, duh, LMP was only a pre-teen/young teen back then, but still). Here's a picture of her I just found:

599272605cab9f4031263ed9506fe3be.jpg

• Love 1
(edited)

Holly Gagnier, the actress who is playing Jennifer, was born in 1958 which makes her 57 years old. I remember her from Days of Our Lives and as the villain of the 80's teen classic "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt. 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0300939/?ref_=nv_sr_1

My problem is the last time Jennifer was on she was played by Sally Struthers - this is a very different Jennifer Smith.

Edited by cmahorror

Holly Gagnier, the actress who is playing Jennifer, was born in 1958 which makes her 57 years old. I remember her from Days of Our Lives and as the villain of the 80's teen classic "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt. 

My problem is the last time Jennifer was on she was played by Sally Struthers - this is a very different Jennifer Smith.

Didn't Roseanne Barr, also do a stint as Jennifer? after Struthers.  Or am I just hallucinating that?

• Love 1

Didn't Roseanne Barr, also do a stint as Jennifer? after Struthers.  Or am I just hallucinating that?

I think Roseanne was before Struthers.

I'm surprised Ron didn't try to get Struthers, that's right up his Richard Simmons alley.

In 1994, yes. Sally Struthers' stint was in 2002. 

Lucky was kidnapped because someone wanted to bone Luke...someone wanted Luke's "man handle" so badly his son was kidnapped...

Never has an episode made me feel so repulsed and in need of a shower and a vat of brain bleach.

I really think Ron is truly just fucking around with the audience at this point, that is the only explanation I can come up with for what's going on.

I do believe that he is actually outdoing himself from the last year and a half screwing around with all things Luke Spencer.

Nik is a disgusting asshole but I'd really like it if he would get rid of the useless Rosalie.

• Love 12

Lucky was kidnapped because someone wanted to bone Luke...someone wanted Luke's "man handle" so badly his son was kidnapped...

Oh, I'm sure Jennifer's just a cog in someone else's machine.  But yeah, couldn't she just want straight-up revenge, why does she also need to want to bone Luke?

The Jennifer story is so dumb, my only takeaway is that I want the name and number of the actress's surgeon. 57?!

As for Nikolas, I am actually fine with him becoming inexplicably eeeeviiiillll. No one has known what to do with him since the 90s. This feels like as good a try as any.

• Love 3

Oh, I'm sure Jennifer's just a cog in someone else's machine.  But yeah, couldn't she just want straight-up revenge, why does she also need to want to bone Luke?

There's got to be more to this story, right? I mean, in that last interview with Geary, where he it stated he was leaving after 37 years, he was quoted as saying he liked Luke's exit story. That it was great or something. Surely he can't think Luke being raped is a great way to send off the character. Right? Riight?

• Love 1

There's got to be more to this story, right? I mean, in that last interview with Geary, where he it stated he was leaving after 37 years, he was quoted as saying he liked Luke's exit story. That it was great or something. Surely he can't think Luke being raped is a great way to send off the character. Right? Riight?

I doubt they will actually have sex.

That said. OF COURSE Geary would think that is the bee's knees.

Rosalie: I didn't mean to betray your brother.

Dante: I know. But that's exactly what you did.

Mmmm, anvils.

• Love 1

That said. OF COURSE Geary would think that is the bee's knees.

Rosalie: I didn't mean to betray your brother.

Dante: I know. But that's exactly what you did.

Of course. What was I thinking?

Yeah, yeah, about the two quotes; What I want to know is, did Rosalie roll over on Nik, or did Dante arrest her? Both?

The actress that plays Jennifer looks amazing. I'm guessing she has a great skin regimen or a fantastic plastic surgeon. JZ should be asking her for the hook up. Gross that this is all about a crazy woman who wants Luke. I would have rather it be Helena.

• Love 2

How does Jennifer know that L&L told Lulu? I thought that only Dillon knew.

Maybe she has a spy across the hall from the Lante Loft.  Seems Dillon spends more time there these days than Dante anyway - and seems that the narrow hallway is deemed an acceptable place to discuss life-threatening secrets. 

• Love 2

Caught up on last week's episodes and both Looloo and Dillon can just SHUT IT, when it comes to berating Laura for anything.

Or like when Laura's trying to explain how Lucky's in trouble, the two idiots kept interrupting with their versions of "Who?What? Where? When? Why? How?" without even letting Laura finish a damn sentence.

And the look on Looloo's face when Laura said that her brother was in trouble, and had to say it was Lucky. The look on her face read to me like "Who's that?"

And add me to the list of people laughing at how pristine The Triple L Diner looked. It didn't have the look of a place abandoned 22 years previously. Except for that tiny fake spider web when Laura walked in.

Maybe I should take this into the UO thread, but Dillon keeps harping on this--so I'll post it here: Tracy just does not look devastated to me. She just doesn't. Maybe if this was the first time Luke jilted her this way, I could buy it. But this is like, what? The third? fourth, time? I haven't seen Tracy by herself to see this devastation/heart so broken Dillon can't STAND to see her broken like this. Or even humiliated.

That said, I love how Tracy kicked back and those scenes with Sam and yes, {shudder} Sabrina.

And Lawd Have Mercy, please, please spare me from any further scenes of having Black reporters, get into Dante's face, demanding why he arrested TJ, when it was his credit card and it went through. That's NOT why Dante arrested TJ. It was for shoving that racist security guard, who, ha, ha, surprisingly (sarcasm here), unsurprisingly, we have yet to see. Or if we have, I think I fast forwarded it, THAT'S how much this "story" interests me.  

Dante, I've said it before and I'm saying it again--STOP IT with those puppy dog eyes looks you're giving to Valerie. Just Stop It.

Genie looks amazing.  That is all.

I like that Dillon is devoted to his mom. And I believe we are supposed to assume there are things that happen that we don't see, and that doesn't bother me. I don't need every conversation or interaction shown on screen for me to know they happened. I can buy that Dillon and Tracy have had one on one conversations since he came back we didn't see or hear.

I agree though, she's much less devastated this time than she ever was before, which is why I know she's done.

As far as the Jennifer Smith/Luke thing, I think I just threw up in my mouth. I'm so glad I am skipping all that. In fact, the only scene I have left of Luke's I want to see is him waving goodbye.

(edited)

How does Jennifer know that L&L told Lulu?

She said she had eyes and ears on all of them, whatever the heck that means.

Is it just me or did Jennifer Smith remind anyone else of Sarah Brown.  For a split second I thought we were getting original recipe Carly back.

Also, I wasnt watching during the original Jennifer Smith story and I vaguely remember Sally Struthers version as being wackadoo, though I don't remember the storyline, can someone explain to me like I'm an idiot (or Morgan!), why Jennifer has her panties in a bunch over L&L and why her revenge would be to sleep with the 100 year old Luke.  I mean, it's not like he's Robert Freakin' Scorpio.  

Loved everything Nik/Sam today.  Loved the boys getting Rosalie to confess.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2

C'mon, you know it makes sense!  Need I fill in the blanks:

1. Ron on twitter, 2014 and January through March 2015:  This is TOTALLY the Fluke storyline I had planned all along.

2.  Tony in interviews, beginning April 2015:  Yeah, it was supposed to be Bill Eckert. But it was changed ... for REASONS.

3.  Ron sits at computer to write Tony's exit storyline:  I'll show him ....

No? Not how it happened? 

She said she had eyes and ears on all of them, whatever the heck that means.

We really, truly have the writing sophistication of a 6-year-old telling a story. Especially one where the poor dear gets distracted by cartoons playing in the other room or the refrigerator door opening and just wants to finish it in one run-on sentence and be excused.

• Love 1

I liked Lucy for the first portion of her early days, when she was an unrepentant bad girl. After that, I lost so much interest in her.

I think in general, we're supposed to like her and cheer her on and have sympathy for her.