Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I guess I missed something last week - why does Jake(son) need to infiltrate the Jeromes?

It's part of his "deal" with Sloane for his freedom. He'll be a secret informant for the cops in the Jerome organization.

And yes, I think it sounds just as stupid and terrible as it did when they first aired the scenes explaining this nonsense.

• Love 2

Wait hold up....was that a mob shoot out in the rain all evil and dark....and and and Sonny was sitting on his couch eating fruit and drinking water? There ya'll go punking me again. I thought Sonny WAS the mob? Who knew an evil mobster could be such a health nut. LOL

Is Julian part duck? Everyone else was drippin' and his hair was totally dry.

Carly and Jake were really good. That might be the first decent acting I've seen BM get to do on GH.

Can someone kill it kill it with fire then run over it and pulverize his bones. ugh! Spinelli! (my huband walked in on he and Sam's scene and said What is that and why is it?)

• Love 1

I wish they'd stop user Harper for Georgie. Kirsten is constantly moving way more about her than she did with the stage babies. More realistic but more distracting. KeMo totally dropped character around her too. That smile at Georgie/Harper was one of her more animated moments.

Right on! I don't think Kirsten is doing herself any favors by having her kid play the role. Frankly her baby is much more plain and not as charming and attractive as little baby AJ, who steals every scene she's in. I gasped when little Harper (Oy! the name!) grabbed the bag of goodies from her mother, and Kirsten immediately dropped out of character to frown at the baby and get her back into line. It didn't work. Kirsten, your baby is already a bit bratty at such a tender age.

I thought Sonny WAS the mob?

I wouldn't be shocked if the angle the show took is, "Look at how unstable the mob is, they're going to be rivers of blood in the streets, all because Sonny - he's a GOOD mobster, don't you know - can't be in the mob thanks to that asshole Mikey."

• Love 6

Right on! I don't think Kirsten is doing herself any favors by having her kid play the role. Frankly her baby is much more plain and not as charming and attractive as little baby AJ, who steals every scene she's in. I gasped when little Harper (Oy! the name!) grabbed the bag of goodies from her mother, and Kirsten immediately dropped out of character to frown at the baby and get her back into line. It didn't work. Kirsten, your baby is already a bit bratty at such a tender age.

Seriously? 

I wouldn't be shocked if the angle the show took is, "Look at how unstable the mob is, they're going to be rivers of blood in the streets, all because Sonny - he's a GOOD mobster, don't you know - can't be in the mob thanks to that asshole Mikey."

And it's extra ridiculous because we all know Duke doesn't bleed!

Sloane wants Jason to take down the Jeromes. Sloane cares about taking down bad guys! Even though he ruined an election and is in Nik's pocket. Mess of a character.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Carly was in her element today. First she winds Sonny around her little finger by giving him pity sex since he lost Avery. But she doesn't even stick around for the afterglow--the next morning she's wearing this tight purple dress to sashay by the hospital and catch up with Jake and "help" him (that is, interfere) and impose her own plans on his life if possible. Naturally, he was too flattered at her attention to turn her down flat and tell Carly to mind her own bidness. I would have so relished the look on her face if he had brushed her off, but now the sap has given busy-body Carly a clue for his next move: Julian Jerome.

Carly needs a soul-searing lesson or two, and I'm not talking about the semi-comic experience of being kidnapped by Heather, tied up and threatened with a butcher knife. As I recall, that was Carly's last run-in with karma. The experience does not seem to have taught Carly anything about curiosity killing a cat. I want to see Carly's world turned upside down--take away her business, take away her custody of Josselyn, and as a real coup de grace, perhaps she could be faced with breast cancer and the possibility of a mastectomy (since she takes so much pride in her bustline and cleavage). Bobbie would be too shallow now to be much source of support or comfort. Carly's world would shrink into chemo visits and operations, and readjustment of her self-image. All her male conquests would tend to desert her, since they are all pretty shallow and based upon her appearance. She and Joss have not developed a strong mutual support system either, so Carly would find no comfort there. I think Carly might turn to alcohol in her loneliness, realizing how she didn't build the necessary relationships when she could.

Ugh in my watching very sporadically, I did not realize Duke joined the mob for reals. So disappointing. I did however love Anna's line about being a Mr. doesn't make you less of a criminal.

I take back what I said.... Michael is not my king, Anna Devane is.

Still love Micahel tho! I loved that he said he was going to be trying to stay home with baby AJ and not just hand her over to strangers. I imagine even if Sabrina takes the job, he will still work from home. Tho not feeling Sabrina and Michael. I don't hate Sabrina ( I mean I don't love her...) but she comes off as a big sister. No romance or sexual tension whatsoever.

Harper is adorable. But if it means having Spinelli back, I am good. Let Ellie take back Spinelli and we can see Harper every other Holiday and for two months in the summer.

I didn't hate Spinelli this much until now. Assertive is not the word. His bouncing around and having to be dragged out by Sam was embarrassing. I was embarrassed for him. Spinelli, is what mid-thirties? Yuck.

I do love Dante. I wish he hated Sonny more, but the sass about Sonny sleeping with all the women and having all the kids was great.

Edited by NewRadical
  • Love 2

It's bratty for a baby to grab at a bag of food?  It's pretty typical baby behavior.   I thought Kirsten's face was priceless, it's the universal Mom face.

You guys, the whole Jakeson/Jerome stuff is supposed to be clever...You see the entire thing is ironic, because Jakeson is spying on his own father in law.   It's so clever.

• Love 8

Did Dante ever think Spin was a good guy? I only remember him tolerating Spin because Lulu was his friend; I certainly don't recall Dante actually liking him, especially with the criminal activity and all.

I've decided to hand wave all the Robin and Patrick stuff because the story was forcibly fucked up due to KM's unavailability and the perceived (likely correctly) inability to recast Robin. I don't usually give the show runners any slack, but in this case I really do feel that they got painted in to a corner, albeit partially their fault, and just couldn't do any justice to wrapping it up well even if they wanted to. And I sort of lost interest in Robin years ago, for reasons I cannot identify, so I'm not as invested as some of you are.

I definitely didn't mean to say that Sabrina should be totally forgiven, but I consider her giving Ava premature labor drugs not that big of a deal, relative to all of the horrible shit most characters on this show have done. (To be clear - trying to force a miscarriage is a truly unforgivable act, in the real world, so please don't come at me, bro!) Plus, the baby lived, so in the distorted reality of this show, it's like she never did anything.

I like baby Harper playing Georgie- it's cute to me that mom has baby on set. Good lord- it seems I do have a sentimental side.

I buy it. Ric's M.O. is pretty much sucking up to Sonny. Even when he's angry at Sonny, it's about Sonny rejecting him and so he's lashing back. Pretty much an adult Morgan. Speaking of which, can those two get some scenes? Between their personalities and the whole panic room while Carly was pregnant with him history, I would like to see them get to know each other a little.

It never occurred to me to want a Ric/ Morgan scene, but now I cannot live without it.

• Love 6

Well, damn. I actually thought there was a lot to like about today.

1. Saxie! Really and for true! KeMo was so adorable, she was totally thrilled about seeing Harper. Keep giving them scenes, Ron. I know you can do it.

2. Sam/Spin - I just can tolerate him the most when he's around her. I like their tone during their "So?" "Well?" dialogue.

3. Boylove between Dante and Nathan. They really need to leave their women, they're more interesting without them. I actually like Dante's body better than Nathan's. It's just the height that's throwing me off. But grab Anna and call it a day. Although...

4. Anna and Julian - still got mad chem.

5. Hee, Dante with the Sonny shade! Sleeping with every woman in town, brothers and sisters popping up out of the woodwork. NICE.

6. The dance on the docks - I swear, I was waiting for them to start snapping their fingers and bursting into song.

Now to my snark. Way to not feel guilty at all, Sabrina, about trying to kill Avery. It was really gross hearing her baby talk to her. And yeah, when Kiki shows up tomorrow, I'm back on her side. There's no reason Kiki should want Sabrina around Avery.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or not that we might finally be getting some movement on the Jakeson front. I really don't mind Jake or Billy Miller that much. He's pretty easy on the eyes, and IMHO a 100% improvement over SBu. But I'm not ready to get Jason back, because the best Jason is always a dead Jason.

Boo, Ric! I liked you so much better when you hated Sonny. Much like everyone.

• Love 3

I want to see Carly's world turned upside down--take away her business, take away her custody of Josslyn

I still desperately, DESPERATELY want to see Michael use a shell company to buy the MetroCourt out from Carly.  I really need him to emphasis that he doesn't just hate her for supporting Sonny, but for her own active role in the cover-up, for manipulating him using Monica's grief, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14

Tho not feeling Sabrina and Michael. I don't hate Sabrina ( I mean I don't love her...) but she comes off as a big sister. No romance or sexual tension whatsoever

That could work, though. Michael needs a nice, supportive person his age (ish) in his life, one who doesn't come with a lot of drama. Good or bad, passion = drama, so maybe it's better for Michael to have a friend/ girlfriend who can be a comfortable companion rather than a red hot love affair. And I'm certainly not opposed to a slow burn. Not supporting sister/ brother love, to be clear.

I'm just guessing, I'm pretty drunk. /Toby Ziegler

• Love 5

Can't we just compromise and say that Michael is king and Anna is queen? ;)

I thought about this, but I just don't see Anna being the Queen to someone's King... perhaps they can be joint dictators? Presidents of the Universe? I feel if Anna Devane dictated the decisions I made in my real life, I would become a 100x better of a person. I imagine she would tell me to stop watching GH though.

That could work, though. Michael needs a nice, supportive person his age (ish) in his life, one who doesn't come with a lot of drama. Good or bad, passion = drama, so maybe it's better for Michael to have a friend/ girlfriend who can be a comfortable companion rather than a red hot love affair. And I'm certainly not opposed to a slow burn. Not supporting sister/ brother love, to be clear.

I'm just guessing, I'm pretty drunk. /Toby Ziegler

I like this a lot. I especially like that you said it while quoting my faovurite West Wing character... I may need to continue to watch this show, for this forum alone.

• Love 4
You guys, the whole Jakeson/Jerome stuff is supposed to be clever...You see the entire thing is ironic, because Jakeson is spying on his own father in law. It's so clever.

Wait, what? Jakeson is Jason? That's what's been going on?

This reminds me of Ben being Glory, except this is really stupid.

• Love 9

What was that line today--I think it came from Ric to Sonny--about the Judge "being in Monica's pocket--if that's what they call it today"? That  got a double-take from me, because it was so realistic that these two crude men would make a lascivious crack about Monica, a woman who deserves the respect of her community for her professional standing and kind character. For a moment, I felt respect for the writers who managed to insert that revealing bit of lewd humor to show us a real example of the characters' nasty misogyny.

• Love 4

Did Dante ever think Spin was a good guy? I only remember him tolerating Spin because Lulu was his friend; I certainly don't recall Dante actually liking him, especially with the criminal activity and all.

No, definitely not! I mean of course he asked Spin to be godfather but that was absurd too. Don't think he ever hated him per se or thought he was bad but he definitely didn't enjoy his company or think he was the amazing dude. I am hoping it leads to Dante realizing that Spin is trying to screw Nathan over and kicking him out of his damn home.

I've decided to hand wave all the Robin and Patrick stuff because the story was forcibly fucked up due to KM's unavailability and the perceived (likely correctly) inability to recast Robin. I don't usually give the show runners any slack, but in this case I really do feel that they got painted in to a corner, albeit partially their fault, and just couldn't do any justice to wrapping it up well even if they wanted to. And I sort of lost interest in Robin years ago, for reasons I cannot identify, so I'm not as invested as some of you are.

I'm handwaving the Robin stuff too but I get it. I'm having the same problem with Lucky and Laura not in the Luke story.

• Love 3

I'm having the same problem with Lucky and Laura not in the Luke story.

And, okay, so they're not on-screen.  Would it be so hard to drop in a line that Lulu has at least been in contact with them about what's going on?  How about to warn them that he's now on the loose again?  Or just exposit that they're following up a separate lead like, I dunno, looking into what he was doing overseas last year.  How hard is that?

• Love 9

I swear, I'm not trying to be annoying, but Ron and Frank painted themselves into a corner with the Robin story. They knew KMc had limited availability this entire time and CHOSE this particular plot. I just will not excuse them. It's ALL them.

• Love 14
You guys, the whole Jakeson/Jerome stuff is supposed to be clever...You see the entire thing is ironic

It's like raaaaaaaain on your wedding day...

Sorry, '90s Alanis flashback. How ironic that the stuff in that song was, for the most part, NOT ironic. Carry on.

• Love 7

I'm handwaving the Robin stuff too but I get it. I'm having the same problem with Lucky and Laura not in the Luke story.

I absolutely get why people are upset by both the Robin thing and not having Luke and Laura around, and if I thought too much about either, I'm sure I'd be equally annoyed. I just use up most of my rage on Sonny, and so I have to be careful about allocating what little is left over. I guess more than hand waving, I'm head-in-the-sanding some stuff.

We all do what we have to do.

ETA: I agree that Ron etc. are mostly responsible for painting themselves in to the Robin corner*, but I think that given the reality of the current situation, they have decided to just plow forward with new stories for Patrick and others,and I'm willing to let them. I don't see any way they could fix it at this point, and honestly, I'm reluctant to watch them try!

*Could someone please start a blog called Robin's Corner? Also, I would love a gif of little AJ's record-scratch head turn if anyone is capable of such a thing.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

Well, Liz certainly didn't like hearing that Jake saw himself in bed with Sam.

Shocker. Total shocker, I tell ya. I 100% did not see that one coming. I'm begging Ron, get Liz hungover again. That was the one time I've liked her in the past five years.

Duke is just...insufferable now.

I liked how Anna and Julian were actually civil to each other for once, maybe this means they'll eventually hook up.

CPP83, it's scary how much I'm agreeing with you these days.

• Love 3

I can buy Sabrina's remorse, and if I'm not mistaken she had scenes with Ava and apologized to her. Ava believed it was heartfelt enough to forgive her, and she realized she had done herself no favors by allowing Carlos to believe she was responsible for the car accident. That's way more than I've seen a lot of others do including Kiki's trifling ass.

If hard ass Ava can accept her remorse, so can I.

• Love 11

What was that line today--I think it came from Ric to Sonny--about the Judge "being in Monica's pocket--if that's what they call it today"? That  got a double-take from me, because it was so realistic that these two crude men would make a lascivious crack about Monica, a woman who deserves the respect of her community for her professional standing and kind character. For a moment, I felt respect for the writers who managed to insert that revealing bit of lewd humor to show us a real example of the characters' nasty misogyny.

I believe Ric asked "if that was what they still called it", and I think it was clear he was talking about the phrased used when one has leverage over someone else. Nothing to do with making a sexual comment about Monica.

I can admit Sam and Spinelli have good friendship chem; but I think Spinelli has been a half-ass friend to Sam at best, so I can rarely fully enjoy their scenes.

• Love 4

Here is my issue with both Michael and Sabrina. They aren't that good. I like how Sabrina LET Carlos totally take the wrap for her hiding he and Johnny at her apt. And then we have Michael letting Sabrina think he just won the case. Not good people.

While Sonny was going to kill a grown woman who was a murderer herself he wouldn't kill her when she was pregnant. He might have hated Ava with reason and she didn't like him any better, but he wasn't about to harm a baby. So I have no problem with Kiki being spot on about Sabrina. And since Kiki knows the truth I guess Sonny will too. Don't think that will help Michael's case much on appeal, never mind that Sabrina's boyfriend is a mob enforcer. So again how is this safer for Avery?

And lastly I just can't get into Sabrina and Michael playing house with someone elses' child. I realize Sonny robbed AJ of fatherhood to Michael, but Carly was his mother and he was technically with his parent. Sonny was just his stepdad that served as his father. It creeps me out a little that Michael is trying to pretend he is Avery's parent. I keep wanting to say "Have your own darn baby if you want one so bad."

I used to be netural about Michael, but for some reason he is starting to annoy me.

• Love 2

I'm watching GH live tomorrow(Yes I know) and I'm fully prepared to want to things at TV listening to Kiki's hypocritical ass. Hopefully Micheal drops more truth on her and orders her to get the Hell out.

Here is my issue with both Michael and Sabrina. They aren't that good. I like how Sabrina LET Carlos totally take the wrap for her hiding he and Johnny at her apt. And then we have Michael letting Sabrina think he just won the case. Not good people.

While Sonny was going to kill a grown woman who was a murderer herself he wouldn't kill her when she was pregnant. He might have hated Ava with reason and she didn't like him any better, but he wasn't about to harm a baby. So I have no problem with Kiki being spot on about Sabrina. And since Kiki knows the truth I guess Sonny will too. Don't think that will help Michael's case much on appeal, never mind that Sabrina's boyfriend is a mob enforcer. So again how is this safer for Avery?

And lastly I just can't get into Sabrina and Michael playing house with someone elses' child. I realize Sonny robbed AJ of fatherhood to Michael, but Carly was his mother and he was technically with his parent. Sonny was just his stepdad that served as his father. It creeps me out a little that Michael is trying to pretend he is Avery's parent. I keep wanting to say "Have your own darn baby if you want one so bad."

I used to be netural about Michael, but for some reason he is starting to annoy me.

Kiki has no Goddamn right to judge when she is basically dating a man who pointed Sonny in his mother's direction and supports his sister being raised by a man who tried to kill her mother and is a reason Micheal Morgan and Kristina have almost died. She's a fucking moron

• Love 11

While Sonny was going to kill a grown woman who was a murderer herself he wouldn't kill her when she was pregnant

Actually he said he wouldn't kill her because the baby might be his. I remember when she was escaping in that helicopter thanks to Julian, he was yelling not to shoot her for that specific reason. The reason I remember it was because I was thinking, hey Sonny, it's so nice of you to think of your son and not to kill her because that baby could be your grandchild ... asshole!

• Love 8

I believe Sonny's issue wasn't even killing Ava with child, rather it was his child or grandchild. I am not entirely sure Sonny wouldn't have killed her had it been say, AJ's child.

It's interesting you say playing house. Because I remember I think Carly saying that is what Robin and Jason were doing iwht Michael. And while it angered her cause she was in the mental institute, she never did anything to allow Michael to be with his bio parent.

And I don't know that I see them playing house, as Sabrina would be a nanny, I mean if we view it as playing house, then Mercedes and Leticia were playing house for years given the limited involvement of Carson, especially with Morgan.

Edited by NewRadical
  • Love 7

It creeps me out a little that Michael is trying to pretend he is Avery's parent. I keep wanting to say "Have your own darn baby if you want one so bad."

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard Michael say anything about Avery calling him Dad.  As far as I can tell, he views her as his sister, not his daughter.

And yes, Sonny only spared Ava because it was potentially his flesh and blood in her womb.  If it had been anyone else's, she'd be rotting in a shallow grave on Sonny' island.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

And I don't know that I see them playing house, as Sabrina would be a nanny, I mean if we view it as playing house, then Mercedes and Leticia were playing house for years given the limited involvement of Carson, especially with Morgan.

I just mean that it seems obvious Sabrina is meant to be more than the nanny. I think the nanny job is just "forplay" for the romance story;)

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard Michael say anything about Avery calling him Dad.  As far as I can tell, he views her as his sister, not his daughter.

And yes, Sonny only spared Ava because it was potentially his flesh and blood in her womb.  If it had been anyone else's, she'd be rotting in a shallow grave on Sonny' island.

Oh I know he is calling her his sister now one day in but I highly doubt he'll have her call him Michael her whole life. And it is how he acts with her I know it is irratonal it just creeps me out.

And I don't mean to be rude but we don't know if he would have killed her or not since it was his child, so to say he would def have killed her isn't something we can know. I've also heard over and over how if Morgan didn't tow Sonny's line he'd turn on him, yet when he DIDN'T tow Sonny's line by not taking Avery to the island he was totally fine with it. So yah I still chose to believe Sonny wouldn't shoot a pregnant woman.

I just mean that it seems obvious Sabrina is meant to be more than the nanny. I think the nanny job is just "forplay" for the romance story;)

Ahhh... and I see I am just refusing to acknowledge it's anything more than a friendship. lol

• Love 2

I believe Ric asked "if that was what they still called it", and I think it was clear he was talking about the phrased used when one has leverage over someone else. Nothing to do with making a sexual comment about Monica.

It's true, being in "someone's pocket" does mean that one has leverage over someone else. But a pocket is also urban slang for sexual organs, and since Monica and the Judge are reportedly having a serious romance, I thought I heard a double-entendre. Chalk it up to my training as an English major,  where we were always being clued in to double entendre, from Greek comedies to Renaissance and Jacobean tragedies to Elizabethan sonnets to modern Irish classics ("all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes" (James Joyce).

• Love 2

Can someone kill it kill it with fire then run over it and pulverize his bones. ugh! Spinelli! (my huband walked in on he and Sam's scene and said What is that and why is it?)

:high-fives cattitude's husband: He sounds like a very smart man. When Sam had to pry Spinbitch away with a promise to buy him bbq chips & orange soda, my eyes rolled all the way down the street. This is a person in his 30's with a child, and he acts like a 4th grader on crack laced with cotton candy. I'd rather have Spencer on-screen over this weasily snot.

He had some line about staying overnight in the hospital to Nathan that really epitomized his passive aggressive douchiness.

Nathan isn't the better man because of his body. Nathan is the better man because he actually acts like a man.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

I don't wanna be this person but I like Michael/Sabrina so much. I want them to fall in love with each other and baby AJ. Normally I'm not into that kind of overly sweet ship/story, but there's enough drama there to get me, too. 

I like Michael and Sabrina also.  Writing in the beat that she becomes little A.J.'s nanny, rather than Random Dayplayer Person, gives me hope that Ron intends to keep little A.J. with Michael for a good long while.

Sam's own husband treated her like crap during their actual marriage, and often long before it, so I don't think anything about Patrick's history with Robin would upset her. Patrick never threatened to kill Robin and Robin was not an accessory to kidnapping of Emma or the death of Shamwow, so their relationship was already WAY healthier than the JaSam 'love.' Whenever Sam saw Patrick before they became "friends," he seemed to truly mourn and love his 'late' wife. She also saw how, overcome with love, he he walked away from Sabrina to make out with Robin in the church. That's all she cares about. 

She's looking forward to having Patrick dump her at the altar and not even have the decency to go into the next room to reunite with his not-dead wife after lying to her for months about he deeply cared for her?  What, is she some kind of masochist?

Robin is a legacy character who should be able to come back and forth as she pleases, IMO. And not tied to Patrick or anyone.

TPTB mistakenly thought the fans put up with dowdy drip Robin because super awesome Patrick loved her.  What they didn't realize was that viewers put up with titanic asshole Patrick because beloved legacy character Robin loved him.

I think Carly might turn to alcohol in her loneliness, realizing how she didn't build the necessary relationships when she could.

And then go through years of being called a weak-ass loser, like A.J. Quartermaine had to endure?  I like this idea!

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 4

Carlos should have taken full responsibility, it was the absolute least he could do for showing up at her door on the run with another wounded criminal. He was supposed to be her date at that disastrous HS party, wasnt he?

And why in the blue dilly fuck do I even remember this stupid shit? Gah! Make it stop!

• Love 3

Here is my issue with both Michael and Sabrina. They aren't that good. I like how Sabrina LET Carlos totally take the wrap for her hiding he and Johnny at her apt. 

Carlos is a hitman, if anything Sabrina is bad for hiding him, not for not taking the rap for him.

And lastly I just can't get into Sabrina and Michael playing house with someone elses' child.

.Like you said, she doesn't know the judge was biased. She's not playing house, she's working. I mean we know it is probably going to turn into nookie, but right now it's just a job.

This is a person in his 30's with a child, and he acts like a 4th grader on crack laced with cotton candy. I'd rather have Spencer on-screen over this weasily snot.

don't mention them in the same sentence! don't give Ron ideas! 

• Love 3

Nathan isn't the better man because of his body. Nathan is the better man because he actually acts like a man.

Constantly I am moved by Nathan's confusion and hurt as he tries to figure out where he stands with Maxie. I don't think he lacks facial expression or is wooden at all. Oh Nathan, you are too good for a woman who would give Spinelli even a second glance! I want to take Nathan in my arms to soothe and reassure him. I want to see his self confidence grow. Nathan is one of the truly nice men in the GH world, and has so much potential as a lover and helpmate.

On the other hand, Maxie has so much growing up to do herself, and is so far from knowing herself! She needs years of therapy, as well as job success and a more mature relationship with her mother Felicia.  But that was all short-circuited when she suddenly became a mother with new roles and responsibilities. For his own sanity and happiness, Nathan needs to run as fast as possible away from Maxie and her myriad problems unless she becomes fully aware of her own psychological mess and takes mature steps to overcome it. He's already felt the bitter impact of her projected rage and confusion during their arguments. He's felt the futility of using reason with her. Now he's spinning with the knowledge that she still has strong unconscious ties to Spinelli that she doesn't understand and can't account for. Nathan needs a few therapy sessions himself to help him understand that sexual attraction and infatuation are the quicksand that will soon engulf him and sweep him into misery and obligation that may be impossible to fix or escape.

• Love 1

What, is she some kind of masochist?

YES - she was with Jason for years, suffered traumas and still wanted to be with him despite not being the #1 person in his life. She also put up with their lives being all about Sonny, Carly, Michael and the biz.  I wonder if she ever knew he proposed to Liz in an elevator while they were still a couple? 

• Love 1

Oh man, there are just some days.......

Spinelli AGAIN??  AGAIN we have to see this mutated version of Tickle Me Elmo on screen, speaking in his Dungeons and Dragons voice, making his google eyes in that silly putty face.  And we have to watch people take him SERIOUSLY?  Okay, I can buy Maxie taking him seriously, because, well, she's an idiot.  But did we have to hear Dante speak sorta well of him too?  It's just not right.  

Why can't Det. Kitty just put him in the microwave and be done with it?  I'll help buy him a new one.

The "gang war" between Duke and Julian, for some reason, made me start humming "Bless Your Beautiful Hide" from 7 Brides for 7 Brothers.  No reason.  I'm just losing my mind.  Show is doing it.

And speaking of the insane, in what world, other than CarlyLand, is Snarly IN THE MIDDLE BETWEEN MICHAEL AND SONNY, as she said to FutureBorg today,  Being IN THE MIDDLE means seeing both sides, means having allegiance in both camps, means having a relationship with both sides.  SHE DOES NOT.  (and NO, I can't stop shouting, I've tried).  She's taken Sonny's side in every way possible, all the tiime - not Michael's.  At all.  So Snarly is NOT IN THE MIDDLE.  

Although if she could be laying on the pavement IN THE MIDDLE of a six-lane freeway at rush hour, I could get with that.  And that would also make me stop shouting.  

I hope I remembered to put that vodka in the freezer.

• Love 10

It's true, being in "someone's pocket" does mean that one has leverage over someone else. But a pocket is also urban slang for sexual organs, and since Monica and the Judge are reportedly having a serious romance, I thought I heard a double-entendre. Chalk it up to my training as an English major,  where we were always being clued in to double entendre, from Greek comedies to Renaissance and Jacobean tragedies to Elizabethan sonnets to modern Irish classics ("all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes" (James Joyce).

I know the urban slang definition, I am saying I don't think the writers made an intentional double entendre.

• Love 1

It's not just discouraging, it's very, very, very disheartening.  I don't think those that have issues with the show realize how difficult it is to continue to post here sometimes.  Every single thread, every single one is so negative and it's hard and there's no oasis.    I have to really push myself to post because I'm trying to think of those that don't post but give me the thumbs up when I do post positively because I know there are people who DO like the show and I've grown to know and like the posters here so I don't just want to walk away.   When swimming against the tide feels like a ripple against a tidal wave, it doesn't feel like diversity, it feels like lonely.  But I'm trying, I don't know how much longer I can keep it up because I'm not a negative person and I was letting that negativity effect my enjoyment of the show and if that starts happening again, I'm gonna have to step away, but I'm trying.  So again, I call out to those people who do find anything positive about the show and join me in posting.  It's not scary, the posters here are respectful. So come out and play!

A bit late to the party, but ... Honestly, as someone who does (mostly) enjoy the show, I do feel the same way sometimes. On the whole, though, I find the board quite hilarious and I find myself agreeing with a large number of their points ... I just don't feel those points categorically "destroy" the show. Could the show be better? Hell yes. Everything can always be better. But I'm still entertained. Maybe that's because I try to concentrate on the positives, even when I have this strong suspicion it will go to the dogs in the near future (e.g. Michael rightfully hates Sonny/Carly and managed to outwit them). I think the Fluke plot is full of holes big enough to drive a truck through, but I also find it's a rare instance of an umbrella storyline that's connected most of the cast and brought some decent performances (albeit not from Tony Geary). I dislike Roger Howarth and Michelle Stafford's lazy portrayals but think they have good chemistry together. I don't think Ryan Paevey is much of an actor but damn if he isn't pretty. I welcome the flimsiest excuse to get the men out of their clothes. I don't even hate AJ being brought back from the dead only to be killed off again, because 1) AJ was redeemed to some extent and allowed to build a relationship with his son, and 2) his murder set up the Michael Quartermaine transformation and exposed Sonny for the murderous scumbag he is. Brad and Lucas don't get nearly enough airtime, but they are a sexy couple who bring it when they are on. Maura West is an absolutely brilliant addition to the cast and she works so well in this role and opposite most of her screen partners. And I could go on but in short, there's a lot to enjoy about this show. It's not perfect, but it's not the pits either. I'll never understand the calls for its cancellation.

Michael has been emphatic that he is Avery's brother. He has never once tried to claim to be her dad. And he is not trying to parent her but to keep her away from the dangerous lifestyle of a remorseless mob boss.

Sonny would likely not have hesitated to kill a pregnant woman if she wasn't carrying his child. Sabrina did try to commit a heinous crime against an innocent baby, and there's no excuse or justification for that, but she had just watched her tiny infant son die a slow and excruciating death thanks to Ava (or she believed). I am no Sabrina fan and think her portrayer is a weak actress, but imagine what watching Gabriel's death did to her psyche. I mean, she had a break from reality where she couldn't even accept that he had died in that awful, awful way.

That's not saying Kiki isn't right, because I think the gracious thing would be for Sabrina to stay away from the baby she tried to kill. It definitely won't be in Michael's favor.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 11

What would be awesome in the Michael smackdown is him throwing in Kiki and Morgan's face that the greasy shit they are supporting tried to kill her mother and his ex gf. Are they that stupid? We have Morgan being so supportive now and smug Kiki telling Michael he's not good anymore. Sabrina owed up to her mistake and even apologized to Ava. When has greasy shit ever apologized for anything?

ICGS, please don't be discouraged about this board. This show has much to dislike but lots to like (like Michael being a Q and hating those horrible parents of his). And I'm one of the few who like Franco and Nina, and post about them without caring what other people think. Same with my likig KA as Kiki. Hang in there!

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

It's not just discouraging, it's very, very, very disheartening.  I don't think those that have issues with the show realize how difficult it is to continue to post here sometimes.  Every single thread, every single one is so negative and it's hard and there's no oasis.    I have to really push myself to post because I'm trying to think of those that don't post but give me the thumbs up when I do post positively because I know there are people who DO like the show and I've grown to know and like the posters here so I don't just want to walk away.   When swimming against the tide feels like a ripple against a tidal wave, it doesn't feel like diversity, it feels like lonely.  But I'm trying, I don't know how much longer I can keep it up because I'm not a negative person and I was letting that negativity effect my enjoyment of the show and if that starts happening again, I'm gonna have to step away, but I'm trying.  So again, I call out to those people who do find anything positive about the show and join me in posting.  It's not scary, the posters here are respectful. So come out and play!

A bit late, but I have to give a huge "Amen!" to all of this. The negativity here has been so constant and repetitive that it started affecting my overall mood beyond GH as well. Once the "ignore" feature was pointed out, things have gotten a lot better, but it's hard to participate in and keep up with the conversation when you're only seeing 10-12 readable posts a day. I was watching the show since the 70s, then took a long break when the twin trios from hell (Guza/Pratt/Phelps & Sonny/Carly/Jason) ate the show. I returned after Guza & Pratt finally left, and even though some ongoing problems remain (still WAY too much Sonny & Carly - they're always FF material for me), I'm enjoying a lot of what I'm seeing. If you find it in yourself to keep posting I'll try to contribute a bit - since my mom passed, I haven't had anyone to talk GH with, and I'd hate to give up this one outlet completely. Oh, and I apologize in advance to anyone to whom I don't respond - I'm not trying to be rude, I probably just haven't seen what you posted in the forum.

As for today's show - I'm liking Sabrina interacting with Michael far more than I did when she was with Patrick. I'm also greatly enjoying the Dante/Nathan partnership (although that is the worst-lit lockerroom I've ever seen), and Anna will always be entertaining to me. I'm sorry she and Duke are now at cross purposes, but I'm hoping that frees her up to have some new romantic adventures in the future.

• Love 1