Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I tried to watch the Liz/Jakeson scenes but Liz was just so damn insufferable and I couldn't do it. She is so embarrassing.

I like Liz and even i found her pretty grating today. fucking Jason.

• Love 3

Carly getting all indignant that Avery would be raised by nannies is rich. (Not that there's anything wrong with nannies.) Her hypocrisy in all situations is alternately kind of funny and super annoying. 

Fixed that for ya, dubbel zout.

• Love 4

Prospect Park, they bought OLTL, which is why Todd, Starr, and McBain disappeared and left forever. Currently, ABC and PP are in a legal battle, as Ron was borrowing characters on GH and did things with them that they felt altered their universe. This included killing Baby Victor, Cole and Hope (or ColenHope as they were referred to), and making McBain and Natalie break up because McBain was a cheater and not a paragon of virtue. The OLTL section has details of the case. RoHo was originally supposed to (rumor) play Jules, but PP said it was "Too Todd". Or Stephen Lars, but Ron said that wasn't "Splashy Enough". So Roger got fucked the most from it imo, as he's the shittiest character.

Thanks for that info!  Too bad they did that to RoHo, I really like him.  And I can't even compensate by watching "The Flash", as that is (imo) a completely juvenile, poorly-written show.  I tried it once and it wasn't worth it for the 2 minutes or so RoHo got.

I really feel for these actors on GH who get such awful storylines and crappy dialogue.  It must be hard to work with terrible material, and then on top of it have the show's fans yelling that the actors are bad.  Heck not even Olivier could make this stuff sound good.  And it's such a pity because it seems as if the days of "great actors" (Tommy Lee Jones, Christian Slater, Leonardo DiCaprio, to name a few) starting on soap operas are long gone.

• Love 1

Is this true?

Liz was beyond annoying with her over my dead body speech. Shut the fuck up Liz.

No lol, but he wasn't that bad a billion years ago when he was Cass's brother um.... Whatever..... Curly Haired Guy on AW and then Dusty on ATWT. He's like to quote that Dove commercial they're taming his curls and thereby taming him, which is just killing his soul. It's like an awful we want straight hair..... hmm... well wavy..... nah.... screw that,just dump gel on it. And he's probably like my head is plastered, I can't move.

I am sure a meat hook is coming for Micheal from Sonny. And we are supposed to actually cheer for it. And Jason will be there for it. Sigh.

• Love 2

I go back and forth with Ava, but it really does bother me how she is never shown to be even remotely sorry for what she did to Connie. I have zero simpathy for her right now.

You remember right before Ava and Sonny fucked in the crypt, when they were whining and feeling sorry for themselves and complaining about how hard it is to live with all of the bad things they had done? That was Ava supposedly showing remorse.

• Love 2

You remember right before Ava and Sonny fucked in the crypt, when they were whining and feeling sorry for themselves and complaining about how hard it is to live with all of the bad things they had done? That was Ava supposedly showing remorse.

I really wish they had had someone else shoot Connie - imo, she was one of the most annoying characters ever.  I started watching GH again after a long absence, and her storyline nearly made me turn it off again.  So, I wasn't upset when she got shot, I just wish someone besides Ava had shot her.

I mean, of all the ridiculous reasons to shoot someone! "Everyone will find out Derek is Julian."  Like anyone keeps a secret in PC for long anyway.  And the whole AJ-written-in-blood was so contrived - they could have easily written it another way and still had Sonny kill AJ.

Now Ava is written into a corner and it's going to be another one of those "get out of jail free" things that infuriate the fans.  MW is doing a great job at playing her character sympathetically, but it would be a whole lot easier to rehabilitate the character had they not had her shoot a woman in cold blood.

• Love 3

No one really cared about Connie. Olivia was practically banging Sonny before she was killed. Carly was eye rolling everytime she walked by. Literally the only person who cared about Connie was AJ. He actually visited her grave, he treated her better than pretty much most of PC, and he didn't bang her cousin before her body was cold. So everyone can shut up about giving any fucks about Connie because Connie would rather Sonny burn in hell before sleep with Carly again, bang her killer, or sleep with her cousin. But then again what Ron knows about love is limited to candy conversation hearts and Britney Spears lyrics.

• Love 4

What a vile human being Sonny is. It's not surprising,  but it is stunningly apparent in today's episode. He sat there and let Ric attack his son on the stand. So much for Michael being the prodigal son.

• Love 7
(edited)

Meh..I never gave an iota about Kahnie. Still, it rubs me the wrong way that Ava is so blasé about it, considering Kahny never really did anything to her and she pretty much shot her in cold blood.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4

No lol, but he wasn't that bad a billion years ago when he was Cass's brother um.... Whatever..... Curly Haired Guy on AW and then Dusty on ATWT. He's like to quote that Dove commercial they're taming his curls and thereby taming him, which is just killing his soul. It's like an awful we want straight hair..... hmm... well wavy..... nah.... screw that,just dump gel on it. And he's probably like my head is plastered, I can't move.

I am sure a meat hook is coming for Micheal from Sonny. And we are supposed to actually cheer for it. And Jason will be there for it. Sigh.

Oh, they'll never let Sonny do that to Michael. If anything, Michael will do it to him and Sonny will just smile sadly and say "I love you son".

• Love 3

I wish Michael had told the judge that the reason he went to prison in the first place is because the idiotic adults in his life tried to cover up the fact he killed Claudia in self-defense. "My parents love their children so much they send them to prison!"

Once again, Michael doesn't point out that Sonny really didn't need to take the bomb away from him.

Michael's fat lip looks more like a giant cold sore. Ew.

This trial is so boring. I almost prefer the Nina/Franco burgeoning lurve, and that's idiotic.

• Love 6
(edited)

Meh..I never gave an iota about Kahnie. Still, it rubs me the wrong way that Ava is so blasé about it, considering Kahny never really did anything to her and pretty much shot her in cold blood.

Yeah, that was so stupid, the way they wrote that.  That character really didn't have any reason to shoot Connie besides the tattle-tale thing.  At the very least, they could have had Ava feel bad about it later - heck, the writers never even had her say "that was a mistake, I panicked", or "I feel bad I shot her", or even "how could I have been so stupid?!" 

Typical GH - writing is all over the place, plots make no sense or are changed halfway through the story, and fans are supposed to like criminals and hate decent folk. 

I guess if we're supposed to overlook everyone's crimes then, for me, it's much easier to overlook Ava's.

Edited by HipOldBat
  • Love 4

This trial is so boring. I almost prefer the Nina/Franco burgeoning lurve, and that's idiotic.

Seriously. Where's Morgan? Where's Dante? Where's basically the whole town, who could be called as character witnesses?

Maybe they could have spent less on guest "stars" last month, and more on paying some of their own actors to be in scenes in which they should actually be in.

• Love 8
(edited)
Michael's fat lip looks more like a giant cold sore. Ew.

That's what I thought, the makeup crew lacks in every department.

When the women cry they get covered in black mascara goo, bullet holes vanish at will, and mouth wounds look like a bad case of Herpes or a cold sore, ridiculous.

Maybe they could have spent less on guest "stars" last month, and more on paying some of their own actors to be in scenes in which they should actually be in.

*Giggles* You're talking common sense.

I think Morgan is still having coffee. He's having the best damn coffee ever or he is lost in Kelly's.

Well it's Morgan so of course he's lost. He probably went looking for the bathroom and has been wondering when it turned into a closet for the past few hours.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

So does this mean Jason going under cover with the Jeromes mean that he will now wear black turtlenecks instead of black t-shirts?

Oy, Liz, he's not your boyfriend, and he's shown he is capable of taking care of himself. Just back off several notches.

Except that he said himself he didn't want her to back off.  Not that I'm thrilled to see her being slotted in as the inevitable loser once Sam and Jason rediscover their twu wuv and all, but she's not currently (and hasn't been) doing anything that he doesn't encourage and welcome. 

• Love 6

That was weird to me, though- guess I'll have to wait until to tomorrow to see how that "make an enemy out of me" plays out. It just seems bizarre to me that Somny would turn on Michael, no matter what's he done, and even weirder if Carly stays with him after that. After all their bleating about their love for their children and how they would do anything for them and how Sonny is such a wonderful father, I just can't see either one of them becoming his enemies. But if they do, it'd be really interesting if either of them realized or at least had that very special kind of hypocrisy pointed out to them. Won't happen, though, I know.

Whoever Sonny is referring to as his "enemy" tomorrow it isn't Michael; whoever it is is wearing a different shirt than Michael was wearing today.

As for Carly continuing to support Sonny after he turned on Michael, she was making some peculiar facial expressions when she got back from leaving Avery with the nanny. I'm actually shocked she hasn't thrown Sonny under the bus yet in order to get back in Michael's good graces.

• Love 2

Oh, they'll never let Sonny do that to Michael. If anything, Michael will do it to him and Sonny will just smile sadly and say "I love you son".

And that's why this whole thing is pissing me off, and I don't even like Michael, like at all. But if Michael doesn't get completely vilified, we won't know that Sonny is actually the victim here, the one we're supposed to feel sorry for. It's so gross.

• Love 5

I really wish they had had someone else shoot Connie - imo, she was one of the most annoying characters ever.  I started watching GH again after a long absence, and her storyline nearly made me turn it off again.  So, I wasn't upset when she got shot, I just wish someone besides Ava had shot her?

I wish *everyone* had shot her. (Really did not care for Connie, at all.)

• Love 5
Oy, Liz, he's not your boyfriend, and he's shown he is capable of taking care of himself. Just back off several notches.

Except that he said himself he didn't want her to back off.  Not that I'm thrilled to see her being slotted in as the inevitable loser once Sam and Jason rediscover their twu wuv and all, but she's not currently (and hasn't been) doing anything that he doesn't encourage and welcome. 

He's irritating me in this story too.

• Love 2

I loved Megan Ward's Kate (and her 'bringing peace to the Middle East' bobb). But yeah, Kelly Sullivan's Kate, Connie, and Kannie all stunk.

• Love 5

I am a huge Ric/Liz fan, but after the way she's been acting, I don't want him anywhere near her.

The only way I can root for Michael is to forget what a little shit he was during the Chucky years.

Michael could always bring up that Sonny's "heroic" act wouldn't have been necessary if it wasn't for Luke targeting Sonny's children - or doesn't he know that?

• Love 6

Yea really. And how about when he tried to stop Carly from defending Micheal about killing Claudia. He's so awful.

Michael took all of it in, and I think that made him even more determined to save Avery from Sonny. He understands now that Sonny doesn't have control over what he says and does, and because he no longer adores Sonny, he'll let Ric use whatever tactics are necessary to hold onto the latest prize, "MY daughter." Only a monster would allow his lawyer to call his 'beloved son' a murderer for saving his mother and newborn sister from someone mentally unhinged. Carly was taken aback that Ric was using that to try to discredit Michael. The disgust in Michael's eyes was pretty obvious. 

• Love 10

Michael took all of it in, and I think that made him even more determined to save Avery from Sonny. He understands now that Sonny doesn't have control over what he says and does, and because he no longer adores Sonny, he'll let Ric use whatever tactics are necessary to hold onto the latest prize, "MY daughter." Only a monster would allow his lawyer to call his 'beloved son' a murderer for saving his mother and newborn sister from someone mentally unhinged. Carly was taken aback that Ric was using that to try to discredit Michael. The disgust in Michael's eyes was pretty obvious.

Chad Duell has really been amazing during this story. He's grown as an actor in a year so much. It's crazy.

• Love 7

Call me crazy, but I like this new development of Jakeson as an undercover guy.

I keep hoping that, even after he remembers who he is, he stays on as one of the good guys and joins either the PCPD or the (cleaned up, corruption free) WSB.

I like the Julian/Carlos bromance/frenemyship, though I have no idea why. The actors must have some sort of chemistry or something.

I think it's a combination of chemistry and the fact that both actors are good at what they do.

Loved Michael at the trial today.  If that is the best Ric has got, he ain't got much.  I was cheering at the way Michael refused to be intimidated or flustered by the nasty, personal questions.  And that look of utter contempt towards the end - GREAT!!!  Team Michael all the way!

God help me, I think Franco and Nina have real chemistry.  That kiss today was hot.

• Love 13

No lol, but he wasn't that bad a billion years ago when he was Cass's brother um.... Whatever..... Curly Haired Guy on AW and then Dusty on ATWT. 

Morgan Winthrop. He was a doctor. 

I'd go apeshit too if Carly was touching my baby. Get better Ava! 

• Love 5

I keep hoping that, even after he remembers who he is, he stays on as one of the good guys and joins either the PCPD or the (cleaned up, corruption free) WSB.

They should have Jason be a doctor.

• Love 6

I won't go so far as to say Nina and Franco were hot, but I was much less irritated by them today than I usually am. The whole "we know we're a little off and rightfully hated, but I still like you, and let's plan our next ridiculous shenanigans" thing kind of worked for me.

Jason staying a good guy (or even semi decent guy) is my dream.

• Love 6

God help me, I think Franco and Nina have real chemistry.  That kiss today was hot.

You are not alone. I'm really liking them - mostly because they aren't Carly or Sonny.

• Love 3

And it will only take a month to make it through med school!

It's still all in head, remember? ;) He miraculously remembered everything back when he had to give Nik a tracheotomy.

• Love 3

Damn, Ric didn't even pretend to sound realistic. Yeah, I'm really sure that you can't imagine anyone better than Sonny as father. The whole thing was just...well stupid as I mentioned upthread. Nothing you can really say about Michael (save for he couldn't pick Avery out of a lineup) can't be used against Sonny. So yeah, I fully expect Michael to get custody. Which is better than Sonny certainly, but still not what I want. I liked that the judge told them to think about what Avery's best interests are.

Speaking of which, she stole the show at that courthouse. Way to make your feelings about this bullshit trial known, baby girl! And apparently, I have to go back and rewatch because she spit up on Snarly?

I adore Ava's hatred of Carly. I could marinate in it, soak in it for hours and not get bored.

Liz, god she's so desperate. I mean, she just makes herself look bad. I was almost embarrassed for her.

Sloane is such a weasel. I find nothing redeeming about him whatsoever. I'm really sorry they chose to recast him.

Nina and Franco, not enough vomit.

Julian and Carlos, some revisionist history on Carlos' part. Yes, you tried to kill AJ, and no, you didn't try and get out of it. If you hadn't screwed up the job so royally the first time around, then you could have saved us from a lot of crappiness.

So, Silas was a total prick. She is practically begging to get to her daughter, to call Julian, to let her have a stupid iPad so she can see Avery, but no. What is he, on a power trip? For no good reason, he's just an ass. And don't get me started on the revisionist history of "I loved you once". Um, you already told her you never loved her. I suppose I should be grateful to him for his medical skills, but I just hate this already and it hasn't even started yet. Forced and contrived. Typical bullshit RC writing.

• Love 2

Is it supposed to be ironic that Jakeson will be going undercover to inform on his father-in-law? I wonder if he knows Julian is Sam's father. Just end this Jake crap.....PLEASE.

Micheal, stay strong. As others have already mentioned, he really should have mentioned the fact that the bomb was on the boat because of Sonny in the first place.

• Love 5
I wish Michael had told the judge that the reason he went to prison in the first place is because the idiotic adults in his life tried to cover up the fact he killed Claudia in self-defense. "My parents love their children so much they send them to prison!"

Alexis needs to question Sonny about WHY Claudia kidnapped Carly in the first place.  Sonny deliberately  confronted Claudia about Micheal's shooting in public at her birthday party.  He was off the rails angry and after his rant he told his guards to "take her".  I contend that knowing Sonny was going to kill her, Claudia drew a gun and kidnapped Carly to defend herself from him.  Claudia was desperate and lost her grip on reality.   In fact, it was Sonny's actions that caused Michael to use lethal force to defend his mother and sister.  Sonny and company then covered up the crime.  At Michael's sentencing hearing the judge made it clear that the reason Michael was going to prison was because of Sonny's influence in Michael's life.  It did not help matters that Carly blatantly committed perjury during Sonny's trial. 

If anyone is interested you can look up  General Hospital: Claudia's birthday bash, Claudia kidnaps Carly, and  Michael sentence on youtube.  I would link it but I don't know how.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think it's a "I'm allowed to kill my family but you're not allowed to" thing. Sonny also exhibits this quite often.

It's that, but also the fact that Julian was ordered by Fluke to kill her, he didn't want to do it. He then rescued her from Sonny when she was being held prisoner by him, and then in their big bonding scene last year, she asked him why he was being so nice to her. He said that they have a common enemy - Fluke. And that her life was pretty much a mess with the whole paternity saga, Sonny wants her dead, and now she was mixed up with Fluke. It was a very sweet scene, actually. Well acted by both of them.

Yeah, that was so stupid, the way they wrote that.  That character really didn't have any reason to shoot Connie besides the tattle-tale thing.  At the very least, they could have had Ava feel bad about it later - heck, the writers never even had her say "that was a mistake, I panicked", or "I feel bad I shot her", or even "how could I have been so stupid?!" 

Typical GH - writing is all over the place, plots make no sense or are changed halfway through the story, and fans are supposed to like criminals and hate decent folk. 

I guess if we're supposed to overlook everyone's crimes then, for me, it's much easier to overlook Ava's.

She did say that, in the hospital to Kiki after Avery was kidnapped.

Hee! This is the best post ever. Couldn't agree more. I don't care frankly if she is remorseful or not, I think that she is but I don't care. I just want her to rescue her baby from that She-Hulk.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

Those two would be the last two I'd go to for acting tips. 

Seriously...

PP?  Sorry, what's that?

I think Michael Easton would look sexy no matter what he did with his hair.

Easton would look half-way decent with a bag over his head.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just got through watching it on Hulu.

Ava did seem to show some remorse today, which was good.  I don't recall her saying anything about panicking to Kiki, but I guess I forgot that.  Gee whiz, my bad!!

I don't think Silas was being a jerk, I think he was trying to keep Ava from getting herself in even more trouble than she already is in.  Calling Julian could be a mistake - who knows if he might blab to Alexis or something?  You know what Ben Franklin said, "Three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

I thought Liz was just protecting her patient - and Jason didn't seem to mind, either.  For all she knew, Sloane was going to try to haul Jason back to prison.  She didn't seem "desperate", just concerned and doing what she could for her friend.  I would like to see Jason and Liz make a go of it, but only if it doesn't all end in disaster - which it probably will. 

Sloane is connected to Helena and Nicholas, so then also to Luke, so I don't see anything good coming out of that arrangement (for Jason, anyway).

Ooo, Sonny and his death-stare at Michael!  Then the puke-inducing sappy music later on, when Ric was relating how Sonny would do anything for his kids, as Snarly closes her eyes in reverence and Sonny manages to squeak out a tear.  Gah!  I wanted to throw things, Ric was being such an asshat today.  Too bad Carlos didn't shoot him when he had the chance.

And, Carlos is back!  I think JP is a hottie, and am always glad to see him.  It's too bad he's one of the criminals.

Edited by HipOldBat
  • Love 3

I don't think Silas was being a jerk, I think he was trying to keep Ava from getting herself in even more trouble than she already is in.

And how is taking the iPad away from her like she's some kind of child going to get her in trouble? She wanted to see her baby. I'm surprised she didn't scalpel him from the bed. You don't mess with a Mama Bear like that.

• Love 3

I think it was so Ava wouldn't get herself caught by going to Avery. Carly/Sonny would turn her in.

The memorial preview tommorow looks cheesy. Was that a bar? Ava drank at the penthouse, well she drank everywhere to be honest. Good choice, Keeks. You done good.

• Love 1