Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm starting to think they're lovers. ick.

It sure looks like it.

OR, Luke is Fluke is Faison is Bill Eckert is Fluke is Luke is Helena.   One mask after another and another and another......

All those turkey necks look same.

• Love 4

The way I remember it, Jill and Megan McTavish had Helena and the drugged-up Luke full-on making out in 2001. It was gross and made overt and cheaply physical something TG and Constance Towers had hinted at for years - not because it was two older performers, but because it was just tacky. I think doing it with Helena and Fluke would just be silly at this point, and also cheap. I also don't think Helena would ever touch Bill Eckert.

Edited by jsbt

It's the hair and stubble making it worse today, but that's pretty rough.

BTW, I love Dr. Lucas and all and Ryan Carnes is owning that shit in a major way, I've been waiting for that for about ten years, but 'A.J. was also responsible' - for what?? Getting shot?! What was he responsible for doing that night? Being fat?

For being an alcoholic? For not taking Carly's abuse and betrayals like a slave? For not putting up with Sonny's crap? If AJ fought dirty, it was because Carly and Sonny pretty much drove him to it.

• Love 13

The way I remember it, Jill and Megan McTavish had Helena and the drugged-up Luke full-on making out in 2001. It was gross and made overt and cheaply physical something TG and Constance Towers had hinted at for years - not because it was two older performers, but because it was just tacky. I think doing it with Helena and Fluke would just be silly at this point, and also cheap. I also don't think Helena would ever touch Bill Eckert.

It would be silly, but that's Ron's middle name.

• Love 2

I like how Sonny has suddenly become destitute in prison without a single perk or amenity.

He still has his business, he still has people working for him, and yet he is apparently incapable of hiring any goons for protection or at least offering bribes to pay off a few guards. He can't even get a phone smuggled in.

At least Julian had the mind to mention Shawn's "terrible track record" during his and Sonny's chat. Though really that is letting him off easy. He isn't just "terrible" he's absolutely inept and worthless.

But then it was annoying to hear, yet again, anther person praise the all holy "Jason", the greatest mob hit-man henchman to ever live. He shot a gun and looked constipated while doing so but everyone carries on as if he should be canonized.

Seeing this build up over Jason...I didn't miss this. I did not miss seeing this show bend over backwards to constantly remind us all how amazing/incredible/awe inspiring/magnificent/perfect Jason was. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

I was so psyched to see Billy Miller and Kimberly together. Unfortunately they're in the goddamn dark, she's wearing full-body scrubs and a haircut that makes her look like Mrs. Swan from Mad TV. I'm still riding that Jason/Robin III train hard, though.

I also thought it was weird that the show keeps bringing up Sam's erotic dreams about Patrick. It's gross, stop. The love scene was fine, though.

Edited by jsbt

My problem with Sonny and Julian being all odd couple/best buds/fighting like marrieds is that while it is humorous, Sonny should be suffering in prison, reflecting on his actions over what he did. He should be completely broken right now. I feel like this whole Pentonville arc for him is just a waste of time. It's just action hero with some wacky sidekick thrown in. But then again, that's Ron for you.

Does anyone actually expect Sonny to truly suffer for a significant length of time? I feel like some of the people clamoring for Sonny to go to prison were just setting themselves up to be pissed off because we all know how this is going to end. IMO the best thing for people to do is to ignore Sonny as much as possible. I rarely get angry at anything he says or does (unless it's directed at someone I like) because I don't pay attention to him. He's just there.

• Love 1

So how many of Johnny's goons did Julison take out. My count is at least 6.

It's seriously wrong that Sonny & Julian have a mash-up name yet Anna & Dante do not.

Danna?

Anante?

Detectives?

Unfortunately,  her pairing with Dewq ready took DnA.

Edited by Tiger

He could get beat up a few more times. Solitary confinement, I dunno. Some torture. I'm not asking for much. Todd on OLTL paid for his crimes with eight years of torture in a CIA prison in the swamp. Give Sonny a couple weeks of hell at least.

I was an on-again, off-again OLTL watcher, so I guess I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous - i.e., make mistakes re history and the comings and goings of actors.

So, re Todd's long incarceration in that CIA prison, were the writers able to mete out that punishment because of Roger Howarth leaving OLTL for so long?  And by using the prison story as a way to explain his time away and reintegrate his face as Todd back into Llanview?  Makes me also think of other examples (long term love stories) which may have been enhanced by an actor leaving a show for a while.

Perhaps this belongs more in the history thread - I'm new here and I'm still finding my way around.

So I will relate this back more to Sonny's situation and I will agree that I'd like to see  him appearing to suffer more in jail.  But then I like character-based stories which delve into both dark and light places within these characters.  And certainly being in prison  should create the opportunities to write this material for Sonny - his claustrophobia .. his powerlessness when he was been so very powerful.  

I'm really enjoying the jailhouse banter, but I agree there could be more. 

Edited by Aurora2

Helena has boy toys; Fluke would be too old an unattractive for her.

I remember one scary scene where she was hitting on Jax.  

Edited by Kim0820

Sonny and Julian in prison isn't really about THEM at this point as more fodder for the Fluke story. It is a shame it can't be more about Sonny and Michael. Sonny is in a bad spot but he is a mob boss for a reason. To me this prison stuff is showing how resourceful both Sonny and Julian are and that is why they were/are mob bosses. Life is giving them lemons and they are making lemonade out of it. I also like that regardless of how Michael feels about him Sonny is still treating him like his son. He still cares about protecting and looking after him and also Sonny is the only one who knows that cares about Luke. He wants to help Luke.

Since the story isn't really about Sonny but Fluke I don't mind how the prison stuff is being played.

Sonny and Julian in prison isn't really about THEM at this point as more fodder for the Fluke story.

Good point. I'd say the bulk of it is to service the Fluke story. But I think it's also about making Sonny into a hero so that Michael will forgive him and to remind us that Sonny is totally bad ass and smart and I hate that. HATE it. But Sonny/Julian are funny so I've just taken to watching the prison scenes as a romantic comedy and ignoring the fact that I actually hate what this story is doing. 

If you just watch this whole show as if it's a comedy and ignore history/the stories they're telling it's pretty fun to watch.

• Love 2

I fully expect Shawn and Sonny to save him INSPITE of himself this time.

If Shawn saves Michael, it'll be in spite of his own self! 

I liked that when Julian pointed out Shawn's....flawed record, Sonny didn't really defend him to hard. 

Patrick's massaging Sam's back and shoulders took me right out of the moment. WTF was that pinching move he did?!? That is not a technique we were taught in school. Looked like it would hurt the client! 

• Love 2

Scattered thoughts about yesterday's episode:

It was nice not to have Lulu focus on babies

Dante needs to go back to his brown leather coat

There are plants in the shrinking hospital set

Nice couch pillows in Sam's living room

WdV makes me not dread Sonny scenes (as much)

Following along in closed-captioning, I noticed mentions of Tracy (3X) and Laura but also mentions of Franco and Kiki/Starr.

So now that Anna is unemployed, she is going to spend some time searching for her daughter - right?

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1
I did lol at the preview of Johnny asking Maxie who had the honor of making a baby with her.  That was actually funny.

It's also so obvious it makes me roll my eyes. We get it, Ron: Kristen and Brandon have a baby together IRL, and now you're making jokes about her character having a baby with someone else. The hilarity is killing me! /sarcasm

I also don't think Helena would ever touch Bill Eckert.

I never thought Helena would ever touch Luke, but that train sailed a long time ago. I buy a weird psychosexual thing between them—given who they are and what's happened between them, it works for me—but an actual sexual relationship of any sort? No.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

It's also so obvious it makes me roll my eyes. We get it, Ron: Kristen and Brandon have a baby together IRL, and now you're making jokes about her character having a baby with someone else. The hilarity is killing me! /sarcasm

Pretty much.  A wink can be fun, but I'm guessing this wink is going to be loud and extremely obnoxious.

• Love 6

I was so psyched to see Billy Miller and Kimberly together. Unfortunately they're in the goddamn dark, she's wearing full-body scrubs and a haircut that makes her look like Mrs. Swan from Mad TV. I'm still riding that Jason/Robin III train hard, though.

Lollllll. I'm on the train, I made the train, I'm the conductor of the train. I loved it so much. It was just SO JnR for her to be that trustworthy, unbreakable figure for Jason. Even with brainwashing, she's there in his head!!! It's beautiful, I don't even care about anything else.

And KMc and BM were good, especially it being their very first scene together.

I'm so amped for Jason to remember and find her and ream Patrick the fuck out. Make it happen for my Fan Feb, Ron.

• Love 2

Y'all know Ron is going to use this as a justification to do more masks.  

He so would.  But he'd be ignoring this important point: 

"After the robberies, bank employees described Teklie as a white man, though two of them noticed he had “damaged” or “strange” skin."

The fact that a realistic mask could be made that could fool people in close proximity but not inches away -- or kissing! -- was digestible back when Faison had someone impersonate him at Mac's club while Faison was off committing a crime or how Frisco was able to fool some bad guys into thinking he was Faison's henchman.  But it can't explain any of the following:

1) 4-6 inch height difference in the impersonator and the impersonate (side eyeing Faison passing for either Duke or Luke here.

2) How someone could kiss someone in a mask or think they had sex with someone while they wore a mask.

3) How the impersonator could pull it off for weeks -- or a year!

4)  Voice differences. No one can be Rich Little 24-7, except maybe Rich Little in his prime.

And please, for the love of Steve Hardy and Jessie Brewer, no one ask who Rich Little is. Even if you don't know, spare a lady, would ya?

• Love 10

I'm ready for Ron to come up with a full body suit mask. It'd be able to change skin colour, height, even gender. That way no one character could ever be ruled out as an imposter.

At this point I'd actually be fine with the idea that none of these characters are the real deal they once were. Then I could be content in knowing that the reason they all act like bipolar manic depressives is because they're all escaped mental patients from Miscavige.

• Love 5

First Sonny gets the better of Johnny in a fight, and now he is able to easily throw Julian up against a wall?  Totally ridiculous and not at all plausible.  I did think it was funny that Sonny actually pushed Julian onto a table against a wall - otherwise, the height difference would be way too noticeable.  I remain one of the few holdouts who is not enjoying Solian (Junny?), although I admit it is only because my Sonny hate runs deep. 

Jake either needs to get his memories back stat (and hopefully reject the criminal life, but I know I'm crazy for even thinking that) or to not have any "flashes" at all and instead go about creating a good life as Jake, only later to find out who he really is/ was and then have an existential crisis about it.  I'm really not up for months and months of him having these visions or staring at pictures or rubbing his head or hallucinating Robin. 

I am most pissed that Sonny's stint in jail has done nothing more than set him up to be the "hero" once again.  Sure, we all knew that Sonny wasn't going to be in jail for too long, but I really was expecting him to have a harder time than he is.  Not so much getting beaten up more or anything, but really agonizing over what he's done to Michael over the years, instead of only worrying about the bidness.  I know introspection, self-awareness, and admitting when he's wrong are not really tricks in Sonny's bag but I really wanted to see this whole thing change him, if only a little.

#EndFlukeItsTerribleAndBoring​

• Love 5

This show is such a cruel tease, showing Jakson aiming for Patrick's back. If only his trigger finger had slipped...

At one point I thought they had slowed down the scenes with Jakson in the doorway but then I realized that Kelly and Jason were just holding their lips together for that long in very drawn out kisses. Weird. Everything they do now seems awkward to me. That or sleepy.

The after sex/shower scenes were...thank goodness I wasn't eating yet. The dialog was stomach turning, and sounded flat and disinterested, I wanted them shot if only to shut them the hell up.

And of course, of course Jason took that goddamn dragon statue...mybabyaidan, you win a cookie in the shape of bar ware.

If Brandon had been eying his wife any harder during their scenes Harper would probably soon be a big sister.

The whole "Harper" bit I thought was cheesy but also kind of sweet and harmless enough compared to some of the writing where Johnny's concerned for the moment.

I remain one of the few holdouts who is not enjoying Solian (Junny?), although I admit it is only because my Sonny hate runs deep

Oh I am firmly a holdout as well. Of course Julian would get pulled into Sonny's orbit because no one, no one, ever escapes him. 

I knew being in prison wouldn't stop the Sonny train on this show. In fact I think it's made things worse because now he's being put into a prime position to play "hero" in taking down notLuke.

I just... I can't stand it, I just can't stand it. [/Charlie Brown voice]. Watching Sonny put it all together, schooling Julian about the past...

Okay...why the hell do people often act so shocked/horrified/taken aback/flabbergasted when they find out that someone slept with a mobster in PC? Honestly? The pearl clutching is really overdone and over the top.

Let me guess that Lulu will "accidentally" spill the beans about Dante mum's latest bed-mate to him.

A Lucas sighting again tomorrow! (Who?). I'll pretend I saw he and Brad making out. No different than usual.

• Love 5

Dante needs a shrink to let go of his "he's still my father" issues. The whole family does really. Also, Lulu might be happier if he came home with his hair brushed instead of roses.

Johnny always wanted a baby girl named Harper? I can't.

Awwww, Lulu and Olivia were really sweet and funny. 

I still don't believe either Sam or Jason would give ever a shit about those happy meal toys.

SamTrick's dialogue was so cringeworthy today. "Steamier the better?" Again, I can't. And Jason's flashback seemed solely to consist of Sam's boob.

It irritates me how Olivia often lumps Steven Lars in with Johnny, Sonny, and now Julian.

Think of the time he played "Hallelujah" on a bus. Your anger will ease. ;)

No, seriously, he's not as bad as the other three but imo what he did was pretty shady. Plus then he let himself be coerced into supplying organs for the black market which is even kinda creepier. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Is it just me or do they seem to keep having characters refer Bill Eckert in the present tense?  They had Sonny say the house "belongs" to Eckert.  But, as he's dead, he can't own it.  #ronsconfusingme

Et tu, Dante?

He didn't say that AJ deserved it or Sonny didn't deserve to go to prison, so I was okay with it. I think he was just relating it to his anger at Johnny - that he understood how in a moment you could get angry enough to kill a man. I had actually seen someone's comment before hand that Dante had said he understood why Sonny killed AJ and I was cringing thinking he was gonna call AJ some fat murdering son-of-a-bitch but it was just about impulse control.

Unless you mean "et tu" about the "I think Michael may be overdoing it" statement, which, yeah, shut up Dante. How can he overdo being mad at Sonny? Whatever, as long as he keeps his thoughts from Michael on the subject. 

I like Nathan (er, kinda lol given my rants about him) but those scenes with him and Dante just kinda made me miss him and Lucky together. And what the heck boys, no talk about how to restore Anna to her rightful place? For shame.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

So, the dragon toy is what stopped Jason from killing Patdick and Sam?

That douchnozzle of a fuckwit can try and try and try all he wants, but nothing will top the sexy shower scene between Patrick* and Robin from Night Shift.

Yes, yes, I realize I spelled his name correctly in the second sentence.

• Love 3

Is it just me or do they seem to keep having characters refer Bill Eckert in the present tense?  They had Sonny say the house "belongs" to Eckert.  But, as he's dead, he can't own it.  #ronsconfusingme

I think it's everyone is assuming he's alive.

He didn't say that AJ deserved it or Sonny didn't deserve to go to prison, so I was okay with it. I think he was just relating it to his anger at Johnny - that he understood how in a moment you could get angry enough to kill a man. I had actually seen someone's comment before hand that Date had said he understood why Sonny killed AJ and I was cringing thinking he was gonna call AJ some fat murdering son-of-a-bitch but it was just about impulse control.

Nothing to add here, but to 'teehee' 'teehee' at your typo, there, ulkis

Dante needs a shrink to let go of his "he's still my father" issues

Someone needs to introduce him to the term "glorified sperm donor". There's nothing Sonny has ever done or said that makes him Dante's "father" except that he gave him half his genetic code and some mentally and emotionally unbalanced siblings.

Is it just me or do they seem to keep having characters refer Bill Eckert in the present tense?

It's the Da Vinci Code soaps' edition!

• Love 2

No, seriously, he's not as bad as the other three but imo what he did was pretty shady. Plus then he let himself be coerced into supplying organs for the black market which is even kinda creepier. 

Oh yeah, that black market organ ring or whatever.  Okay, that's definitely a demerit against him, but I still don't think he's in the same league as Sonny, Julian, and Johnny.  Or Franco, remember when Olivia went on a ridiculous rant last year that the SERIAL KILLER and Steven Lars were the same?

Unless you mean "et tu" about the "I think Michael may be overdoing it" statement, which, yeah, shut up Dante.

I was referring to both.  I'm tired of the show, in the writing, both trying to soften what Sonny did and paint Michael as a Quartermaine bitch baby who needs to shut up and love the family who lied to him and betrayed him.

• Love 4

Dante, Dante, Dante. He could've been my fave. So close. Just...so close.

Sam and Patrick are so bland. I mean, my GOODNESS. It's like they have to have ridiculous dialogue to make up for the fact that I'm snoring when they kiss. They are not hot. I don't know what happened to JT, in particular. I could post clips from '05-'12 of scenes so much more passionate than what I just witnessed.

And are we still debating about Samtrick being a plot point or did Jason's JaSam flashbacks while watching them and hearing them together seal the deal? Oh, and passing out!? The toys!? Like, seriously.

The Johnny/Maxie stuff was too wink-wink and cheesy for my liking.

I'm gonna need Jason to see a picture of Robin somehow, someway.

Edited by HeatLifer

Nothing to add here, but to 'teehee' 'teehee' at your typo, there, ulkis

I don't know what you're talking about! :blush:

The other day I saw I wrote "paternity" as "pertiny". It was too late to edit it. I swear to God guys, I really am sober when I type these mosts. 99% of the time. :)

• Love 4

The Johnny/Maxie stuff was too wink-wink and cheesy for my liking.

Agreed.  As I suspected, it was too big and obnoxious a wink.  Half the cast can't manage to stumble near the cameras on a regular basis and there's time for this?

• Love 4

Oh yeah, that black market organ ring or whatever.  Okay, that's definitely a demerit against him, but I still don't think he's in the same league as Sonny, Julian, and Johnny.  Or Franco, remember when Olivia went on a ridiculous rant last year that the SERIAL KILLER and Steven Lars were the same?

Oh, yeah, that was nuts.

Speaking of things that aren't in the same league, when Fluke said "you're as deep in this as I am" and Nikolas replied "not even close", I cheered and then Fluke babbled some bullshit and Nik let himself be cowed again. Even if this is Nikolas playing Helena to find out her game, it's so dumb! There's nothing here that isn't worth warning Lulu and everyone else about. Oh well, maybe Nik is telling Lulu and the cops and we just don't know about it yet. But - 

oh why am I trying to even get sliver of sense from all this.

Agreed.  As I suspected, it was too big and obnoxious a wink.  Half the cast can't manage to stumble near the cameras on a regular basis and there's time for this?

At least KSt looked fantastic. Brandon is a lucky bastard.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Agreed. As I suspected, it was too big and obnoxious a wink. Half the cast can't manage to stumble near the cameras on a regular basis and there's time for this?

Right!? Like, fuck, can we get KMc a selfie stick and she can just take some pics of "Robin" being freed and call it a day.

• Love 4

I was referring to both.  I'm tired of the show, in the writing, both trying to soften what Sonny did and paint Michael as a Quartermaine bitch baby who needs to shut up and love the family who lied to him and betrayed him.

Dante should have been completely over any fuzzy "he's still my dad" feelings when Sonny cheated on his mother because he had a case of the sads. I mean, really. It's all so stupid. Someone call a shrink, like I said.

• Love 4

When the hell did Johnny have talk about wanting a daughter? When the hell did he ever talk about wanting a kid period? STFU Ron.

Not sure why Olivia making a big deal out of hooking up with Julian. What female in PC hasn't fucked a mobster or other criminal? 

• Love 1

Maybe this Nik is really an imposter, the real Nik got stuffed into the same hole Anna and Robert apparently tried to house Faison in.

This show makes my temples scream in agony.

• Love 2

When the hell did Johnny have talk about wanting a daughter? When the hell did he ever talk about wanting a kid period? STFU Ron.

Not sure why Olivia making a big deal out of hooking up with Julian. What female in PC hasn't fucked a mobster or other criminal? 

Because it's her third mobster and she should know better by now, which is why she was mad at herself.