Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Helena told Nikolas that she knows more about Cassadine holdings than anyone else alive. And if Nik didn't fall in line, he may find himself with nothing.

Oh goodness, that is lame.  Thanks, OnceSane.

I wonder if I'd have more respect for the show if Helena had just said, "Because reasons," and Nikolas shrugged his shoulders and said "okay." 

• Love 4

ETA: has anyone seen the 2014 episode counts?

Did Lulu really say (when offered some pork barbecue by Dante): "I never met a baby backrib I didn't like?" Even baby pork ribs raise her maternal feelings!

And just be glad that at the stroke of midnight everybody kissed (even inappropriately). I half expected either Helena Cassadine or False Luke to appear in a cloud of smoke and fireworks to threaten a pack of problems for the Port C populace in 2015.

Heh, I'm kinda surprised Helena and Evil Lewq haven't kissed yet. I definitely thought they were going to that day Helena was droning on about the wonders of Jasus. Edited by Tiger

Is it me or does Lulu take a bit too much interest in her friend's love life...it almost seems she is trying to vicariously live through Maxie with the many times she has complemented Nathan's hot bod. It's a bit weird.

Nah. The two times Lulu brought up that Nathan looked good last night, it was because Dante brought it up first. Besides, I feel like it would be ignoring an elephant in the room if the other characters didn't mention Nathan's body, given that he walks aroundin a towel 50% of the time.

• Love 3

conversation between me and pal who only discusses GH with me

her: I hate Jakeson

me: why

her: cause he's annoying.

me: whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

her: you really want me to say it! RIC IS BACK AND HE AND ELIZABETH BELONG TOGETHER AND JAKESON IS IN THE WAY OF THEIR HAPPINESS

and yes, I did want her to say it outright haha.

• Love 8

Don't get me wrong, yesterday's episode was about 100 different kinds of dumb and terrible, but for some unknown reason I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like honest to goodness I had a blast watching it.

I join the other 2 at the Anna/Sloane table. Like I legit started shipping it when he tapped her shoulder in Monday's ep and then in this ep I was holy shit are they giving me Anna/Sloane lol! I always thought they were gonna go with Sloane secretly having a crush on Anna and I now think that was definitely the plan. They must have done a bunch of rewrites.

LMAO at Ivy. What even was that? Pure comedy.

Dante and Lulu are really cute and I love their friendship with Nathan. I usually love Maxie as part of that friendship quad, but she's working my nerves lately.

Dammit, I hate myself for this, but I'm into Olivia/Julian. Yesterday was the first time in months that I enjoyed Julian. I like the setup of them just being like fuck it we're in the same boat. They have chem. 

I liked the Carly/Jakeson scenes. I have no idea. I think I was drugged or something.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7

Oh this is absurd. Nik has been managing everything Cassadine for years.

RC is destroying almost all of the GH vets at this point in favor of newbies and villains.  Nikolas would never cave to Helena and her "I'll take all your money" threats.  It's BS.  It's right up there with Helena being able to brainwash and control Jakeson.  I think GH has become pretty terrible under RC's pen in the last few months.  November sweeps started out fantastic, and it has gone completely down hill from there.  The PCPD has no backbone, but meanwhile, ALL the villains are super smart and capable.  Monica has to grovel at the feet of Dr. Olbrecht whenever she snaps her fingers.  Jake is the most boring character on right now.  Julian's motivations are all over the place.  I am SO tired of Fluke and his moustache twirling (although I love Tony Geary).  I just want Luke back, and SOMEONE should have a clue that he's not Luke at this point.  

• Love 3

I liked the Carly/Jakeson scenes. I have no idea. I think I was drugged or something.

At the risk of magnolia11 coming after me, I want scenes of Carly in the shower flashing back to this kiss when she finds out it's really Jason, because that would be hilarious to me.

RC is destroying almost all of the GH vets at this point in favor of newbies and villains.  Nikolas would never cave to Helena and her "I'll take all your money" threats.  It's BS.  It's right up there with Helena being able to brainwash and control Jakeson. 

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I don't understand why Jason isn't brainwashable. 

• Love 1

At the risk of magnolia11 coming after me, I want scenes of Carly in the shower flashing back to this kiss when she finds out it's really Jason, because that would be hilarious to me.

Oh, 100%. Like that has to happen. For me it would probably be enough to make this whole thing worth it.

• Love 2

Oh, I wouldn't come after you!  I agree, that would be comedy gold.  But it needs to be accompanied by images of Jason remembering it too and screaming in horror.

• Love 8
I just want Luke back, and SOMEONE should have a clue that he's not Luke at this point.

I KNOW. Ron bought a little time with Julian and Alexis freeing him from Miscavige, but there needs to be someone who's still skeptical. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Oh goodness, that is lame.  Thanks, OnceSane.

I wonder if I'd have more respect for the show if Helena had just said, "Because reasons," and Nikolas shrugged his shoulders and said "okay." 

"Nikolas, it's right here, on page 22 of today's script."  "OK, fine." 

• Love 6

I KNOW. Ron bought a little time with Julian and Alexis freeing him from Miscavige, but there needs to be someone who's still skeptical. 

Well someone being skeptical or suspicious about whether or not the real Luke has returned would imply that someone is thinking and using their brain and Ron just can't have that, it'd set such a bad precedent.

• Love 6

Well someone being skeptical or suspicious about whether or not the real Luke has returned would imply that someone is thinking and using their brain and Ron just can't have that, it'd set such a bad precedent.

What is this... brain everyone speaks of aaannnnnnd....how does one use it.

My vision/thoughts of Ron reading the boards.

• Love 3

What is this... brain everyone speaks of aaannnnnnd....how does one use it.

My vision/thoughts of Ron reading the boards.

On GH these days, brains are mostly something a person snacks on.  Exhibit A - Carly, Moobs, Olivia, Tracy, Morgan, Kreeki, Alexis, ....oh hell, just the whole cast.  It's like an all-you-can-eat buffet for The Walking Dead.

And in the case of far too many characters, "the Walking Dead" is a literal description.

• Love 1

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I don't understand why Jason isn't brainwashable. 

Because he doesn't have a brain? ;)

• Love 11

So of all the crappy episodes to choose from, they picked the most repulsive one to repeat?  Who thinks, what better way to ring in the new year than with a psycho torturing a pregnant woman and stealing her baby!  The people who run this show are really sick.

• Love 3

LiRic are just beautiful damn the RH chemistry is palpable. Carly for once didn't annoy me. Hated pretty much everyone's dress except for Maxie's it's one I'd actually wear. Samtrick are still pretty but unsure if I want them as a couple now, hmm. Jakeson reveal needs to happen like yesterday! Is ER preggers? She sort of looked it in that sweater combo and her dress was very unfortunate. Wonder what Silas is up to this New Years? Maybe back in Llanview ;)

• Love 2

So of all the crappy episodes to choose from, they picked the most repulsive one to repeat?  Who thinks, what better way to ring in the new year than with a psycho torturing a pregnant woman and stealing her baby!  The people who run this show are really sick.

I remember the days when the Sonny-shooting-Dante episode was hauled out and repeated for what seemed like pretty much every holiday.  Nothing more heartwarming than seeing a cop getting shot on days like Memorial Day.

• Love 3

I remember the days when the Sonny-shooting-Dante episode was hauled out and repeated for what seemed like pretty much every holiday.  Nothing more heartwarming than seeing a cop getting shot on days like Memorial Day.

The episode with the shoot-out in a church that originally aired on Good Friday will always hold a special place in my heart.

Happy New Year ya filthy animals!

• Love 12
The episode with the shoot-out in a church that originally aired on Good Friday will always hold a special place in my heart.

I haven't thought of

in years, but Jason scratching at the locked church doors like a puppy, then Sonny tossing him the gun so he can go full blown Terminator all while over dramatic opera music plays. That is the unintentional camp that Ron can only aspire to achieve.

I hadn't seen today's repeat, and while the baby napping is an awful thing, it was totally offset by Michael telling Carly that she and Sonny can fuck themselves. Such a beautiful scene. 

• Love 7

My "favorite" soap holiday episode was the day before Thanksgiving a few weeks before the end of OLTL when Matthew, a teen who had been in a coma for months,  flatlined. Happy Turkey Day everyone! Cogent because it was written by, no surprise. RC. Ava being drugged and her baby being stolen? Par for the course with this team.

Remember the days when the holidays meant someone regained their sight after being blind for months or loved ones were reunited? I suppose, though, that just makes me out of touch and old fashioned. But nobody can deny that ratings were MUCH higher in those days. Something to think about.

BTW this repeat ep only serves to remind us that Heather Webber is a more reliable shooter than either Shawn or Carlos.

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 8

Usually the repeats mean something. Crypt sex repeat before the AJ reveal. Gold balloon wedding on OLTL before the Lurking Tour 2013. So hopefully we will see Micheal being a Quartermaine next week. Or Jason Jake Doe interacting with them. FFS can we get a Billy Miller /CD scene now? Especially after the face mauling?

Btw, Ron, I've never forgotten what you did to Matthew Buchanan. Having his root vegetable sister on tv instead of him is just a huge screw you to everyone. You are never ever getting a fruit basket.

BTW this repeat ep only serves to remind us that Heather Webber is a more reliable shooter than either Shawn or Carlos.

I'd never mess with Heather. She's bananas, but she doesn't fuck around. Cam is a more reliable shooter than either Shawn or Carlos.

Usually the repeats mean something.

Baby drama, no doubt. She has an earache that will signal aplastic anemia. Or cancer. Or both.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Based on the history of the character, over 20 years, he has been shown to be strong-willed and a dominant character that stands on his own.  It would be like watching Luke be brainwashed or Sonny Corinthos.  It's just SO out of character, and RC is just making a mess of it.  Jake always looks sheepish and intimidated when around Helena and he can barely maintain eye contact with anyone when he talks, and that is so far from Jason Morgan.  I just can't with this new character, and that's what Jake is - a brand new character.  He's certainly not Jason Morgan.  I mean, he's serving champagne now as a waiter?  I.can't.  Jake is SOO boring.  I'm actually glad SBu left rather than have stayed and been force to play this drivel.

I don't understand why Jason isn't brainwashable. 

You have to have a brain for that.

Ba doom tish!  I'll be here all week, folks, and don't forget to tip your waitress!  ;)

I kind of like the idea of Jakeson being a bartender.  It would be an organic, logical way for Jakeson to interact with other people in Port Charles, plus it would allow for lots of chem tests between Billy Miller and other female members of the cast.  You went to all this trouble to get Miller, GH, see who he sparks with and go for it!

• Love 7
Is ER preggers? She sort of looked it in that sweater combo and her dress was very unfortunate.

I just had a horrible thought - Ron writing Olivia and Lulu pregnant at the same time.  

Baby drama, no doubt. She has an earache that will signal aplastic anemia. Or cancer. Or both.

Can't be cancer, Silas would have already detected it. Aplastic anemia it is! 

• Love 1

Based on the history of the character, over 20 years, he has been shown to be strong-willed and a dominant character that stands on his own.  It would be like watching Luke be brainwashed or Sonny Corinthos.  It's just SO out of character

But being brainwashed isn't something you can help - it can happen to anyone. I get what you mean but sometimes it doesn't matter how strong-willed you are, it's something that's done to you, not something you do. It could happen to Luke or Sonny too.

• Love 2

But being brainwashed isn't something you can help - it can happen to anyone. I get what you mean but sometimes it doesn't matter how strong-willed you are, it's something that's done to you, not something you do. It could happen to Luke or Sonny too.

Brainwashing Sonny?  That'd be like sandblasting a soup cracker. 

• Love 10

And really, if you want to look at it in a certain way, Jason was brainwashed once before, since Sonny took advantage of his diminished mental capacity and then put a gun in his hand.

• Love 5
Based on the history of the character, over 20 years, he has been shown to be strong-willed and a dominant character that stands on his own.  It would be like watching Luke be brainwashed or Sonny Corinthos.  It's just SO out of character, and RC is just making a mess of it.  Jake always looks sheepish and intimidated when around Helena and he can barely maintain eye contact with anyone when he talks, and that is so far from Jason Morgan.  I just can't with this new character, and that's what Jake is - a brand new character.  He's certainly not Jason Morgan.

And Jason Quartermaine was nothing like Jason Morgan. To me, if anyone is a candidate for a personality transplant/brainwashing, it's this character.

• Love 4

I don't have an issue with the idea that Jason is susceptible to brainwashing.

I'm annoyed he's alive at all. I'm annoyed Robin has to remain kidnapped to keep his identity secret. I'm annoyed that he embodies like 10 different soap tropes right now: amnesia, mind control, back from the dead, new face, the new guy in town every woman fawns over or is drawn to, etc. I'm annoyed this is a ripoff of Helena's earlier brainwashing of Lucky (which wasn't a very good story, either).

• Love 8

I love how on this forum we can speak of brain washing as seriously as one speaks of rape or abuse.

Heh, indeed. It's one of the top ten signs that you've watched too many soaps when you can say such things in all seriousness.

Just to be clear, though, I do hold Jason responsible for the things he did once he became Sonny's stooge.The initial brain damage was just the gateway, but he was the one who slammed the door shut after he ran through it. That's on him.

• Love 2
I'm annoyed he's alive at all

Hear hear. He's alive and AJ's dead, again, I refuse to be okay with that. His return has been as awful as I thought it might be, perhaps even worse.

• Love 3

And really, if you want to look at it in a certain way, Jason was brainwashed once before, since Sonny took advantage of his diminished mental capacity and then put a gun in his hand.

No, got to disagree there. Jason made all his choices there and he admitted it years later. for me, Sonny is/was the lesser evil than Jason :)

I love how on this forum we can speak of brain washing as seriously as one speaks of rape or abuse.

"It can happen to anyone. "

Yes, Jason. Shhh. It's not your fault.

I didn't feel like putting a bunch of caveats :p But obviously, hypothetically, some people can resist it but even if you're very strong willed that in theory won't necessarily stop anything.

Edited by ulkis