Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Yeah, Sonny was using her as a bedwarmer for about 6 months earlier this year.

Five minutes after Connie died. Don't leave that part out.

How sad - and disturbing - that I sort of blocked that out.  

Now I feel sorry for Olivia, especially with Johnnie popping back up.  

To go from him to Steven Lars, and THEN end up as Sonny's popover......no wonder she talks so much.  Anything to put off what she must see when she closes her eyes at night.....

• Love 1

Carlos taunting/bitching out Sonny in prison, and Sonny can't get away. Ha. LOL @ Carlos' maniacal laugh.

Definitely a high point of the episode.  Like someone upthread said, if we must be subjected to the shitastical Sonny Corinthos, let him be miserable and persecuted every single second he is on screen.

Patrick really had the audacity to ask for forgiveness five seconds in to Sam knowing the truth because that's all he cares about, if he gets a hand wave and a pass. He needed to be reassured that she wasn't going to kick him out of her life before he got her into his bed.

Well, the man has priorities,you know...

So, let me get this straight, Patrick now says that Robin was threatened and had to save Jason, but he's all about the divorce and into Sam? He says that he couldn't say anything to Sam because Victor!, but he told Sabrina and Anna. He said he couldn't tell Sam because he didn't want to hurt her, but had no probs telling Robin that Jason was a gangster and should be dead! And screw Danny and Sam! 

Patrick is a sociopathic liar who says whatever he thinks the person in front in him wants to hear at any given moment in order to get what he wants.  (Which is generally into somebody's pants).  He wants into Sam's pants right now, so of course now he says he's all about his "tender feelings" for Sam and how he wanted to protect her and spare her feelings and blah blah blah.  With Sabrina he told her that he cared about her and wanted to have a family with her, then when her pregnancy became inconvenient for him suddenly the first little member of the family he so pined for [/sarcasm] became "that baby".  Then when the poor little thing died, he knew it would score him points if he pretended to be grief-stricken, so that's what he did (while studiously ignoring the child's mother, you know the one he said he cared for so very, very deeply, as if).  Up until the moment he stood in front of Faison and had to be prodded into making any reference to the son he was so terribly, terribly grief-stricken about.[Eyeroll]  And when he finally does shed tears, it's not because he has discovered that he wife he pretended to love at one point was torn from his side and still is being held captive by maniacs, it's not because he finally knows the truth about his child's death - it's because he won't be getting into Sam's pants in a timely fashion!

And this is the guy, along with Sonny Corinthos and Franco Baldwin, that this show expects us to accept as a romantic lead.

Seriously.

• Love 6

And lost her damn mind.

I sympathize, really. But this is the same woman who forgave Sonny and still jumped back into bed with him after he shot their cop son in the chest. So I think ol' Liv has a few screws loose herself.

• Love 8

I sympathize, really. But this is the same woman who forgave Sonny and still jumped back into bed with him after he shot their cop son in the chest. So I think ol' Liv has a few screws loose herself.

That's what has made it pretty near impossible for me to like this character on any consistent basis.  The best thing I can think of is that she's incredibly dumb.  After that, it's all downhill, no matter how good her sauce is.  

In fact, she must be on the sauce.

• Love 2

Hi Johnny!! I was not a particular fan of yours before, but it is very nice to see you all clean-shaven and smiley while Sonny is all mopey with his shoe-polish hair and gray stubble.

Faison/Anders and Anna/Finola have been the best things about this week. Someone mentioned upthread a bit is that the best thing about Faison is that he knows he is an unrepentent monster and does not care one whit, actually enjoys it. Unlike everyone else who has a 'code' 'honor' 'loves their family', etc.

I can barely stand to watch TG when he is in scenes with others, so needless to say the scenes in Patrick's (?) basement got the FF treatment. Did anyone suffer through them and could offer a quick recap?

• Love 1

With Sabrina he told her that he cared about her and wanted to have a family with her, then when her pregnancy became inconvenient for him suddenly the first little member of the family he so pined for [/sarcasm] became "that baby".

Patrick will never live down those two words: "that baby". I'm surprised he even remembered the baby's name when talking to Faison.

• Love 2

I can barely stand to watch TG when he is in scenes with others, so needless to say the scenes in Patrick's (?) basement got the FF treatment. Did anyone suffer through them and could offer a quick recap?

Fluke, speaking with an odd accent,  told Luke that Faison had masqueraded as Fluke, wearing a mask that Lord Ashton had produced/provided. (It was made clear that getting the mask was Ashton's task in the Legion of Doom's plot.) There was some back and forth about who Fluke really was, but no answer was provided, just "Could I look this way because of plastic surgery? Because of some other reason? Because Ron doesn't know who I am yet?" (OK, I made the last one up.) Fluke left Luke tied up in the basement with duct tape over his mouth. So, aside from the incidental info about Ashton, there was no forward movement on the  identity front. 

I've always wanted a prison story for Sonny. I just fear that this one will, like most good ideas Ron seizes upon, run far too briefly and end up being far too superficial. Look how he's suffering! He's not so bad, his family loves him! He means well and A.J. was fat!

• Love 9

And when he finally does shed tears, it's not because he has discovered that he wife he pretended to love at one point was torn from his side and still is being held captive by maniacs, it's not because he finally knows the truth about his child's death - it's because he won't be getting into Sam's pants in a timely fashion!

And this is the guy, along with Sonny Corinthos and Franco Baldwin, that this show expects us to accept as a romantic lead.

Seriously.

This is the worst part of all to me. That, according to the writers, I'm supposed to ROOT for and feel bad for Patrick. As a Robin fan, especially. I would love for someone to explain to me like I'm Sonny how I could ever sit and make googly eyes at Sam/Patrick. How I could sit there and WANT Patrick to be with the woman that Robin wanted to reunite with Jason. Like, oh, golly gee!!! Screw Robin being threatened and being held hostage to protect her family!!! Screw her leaving to save the life of a platonic friend for Sam and Danny! Patty loves Sam now!!! <3

• Love 2
Well, the man has priorities,you know...

Oh but of course. Pretty soon Emma is going to want to know when to start calling Sam "Mommy" after all, I'm sure Patrick is only thinking abut what's best for his daughter, as usual...

Seriously.

I feel like Wreck it Ron and his team of slaggards live in Opposites World. Whatever seems good and noble and honourable and decent to us gets flipped around in their weird little minds.

Patrick can barely recall Robin's name because he's too busy trying to save his ass when it comes to Sam and their "friendship".

And he's a "good guy"?  A "good husband"? A "good friend"? He cares only for himself.

Whatever is going on between he and Robin she is still the mother of his child yet he'd rather cozy up to the bar and drink away his man pain than spend all of a five seconds figuring out what's really been going on with her since she left with Victor. 

It's as if Ron issues these supposed edicts, "So let it be written, so let it be done" if anyone remembers that line from the "Ten Commandments" (RIP Yul...).

Whatever he writes I am to like/appreciate/adore automatically, without question, without regard for the past or the present or the foreseeable future. I just need to shut off my brain and let Ron and company show me the way.

It's revolting, imho, positively revolting.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

Patrick just found out Victor ordered a car crash that killed his son in order to keep the Jason secret under wraps, he knows that Faison is the person who tortured and mindfucked his wife for years...you'd think he'd call Robin. Oh, he doesn't have her number and hasn't heard from her in months? That's not weird at all...!! Time to have drinks 'cause Sam's mad!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

Patrick just found out Victor ordered a car crash that killed his son in order to keep the Jason secret under wraps, he knows that Faison is the person who tortured and mindfucked his wife for years...you'd think he'd call Robin. Oh, he doesn't have her number and hasn't heard from her in months? That's not weird at all...!! Time to have drinks 'cause Sam's mad!

And even though at the very least he could go to Anna so they could put their heads together, naw, that can wait.

He has to have his time to pout and whine about how he thought he was doing the right thing by Sam because he's always reacted with complete understanding and forgiveness when someone he cared for kept him knowingly in the dark about matters pertaining directly to his feelings and such. Like Robin for instance.

I really thought Ron could/would show some restraint with Patrick and not write him as a complete self-serving ass-wipe but yet again he goes and proves me wrong.

• Love 2

Patrick will never live down those two words: "that baby".

Nor should he, IMO. At best I was only mildly fond of Sabrina, but Patrick was supposed to at least care about her, if not be in love with her. That should extend to Gabriel as well, but you'd think he was Sonny reacting to a girl-child with all the concern he displayed both before the kid was born and after he died. It's not a good look. At all.

• Love 3

I really thought Ron could/would show some restraint with Patrick and not write him as a complete self-serving ass-wipe but yet again he goes and proves me wrong.

I'd bet money that Ron can't keep straight how Patty is supposed to act and feel.

The plot in Feb./March was Victor blackmailing Robin to save Jason...AND...Robin WANTING to save Jason for his loved ones.

Shortly after that, though, Ron decided to use one side of that story with regards to Patty: Robin WANTING to save Jason.

So, back in July, Patty told Anna that Robin chose to walk out on him and she gave him no choice but to divorce her. The cherry on top was saying that her "loyalties," aka Jason, were unacceptable and she doesn't put her family first.

At the clinic in August, Patrick is all, "WHY aren't you home!? My baby died! Sam was there for me! Oh, you couldn't save Jason and you still want to stay here!? Have fun with your corpses!"

After the clinic explosion and again today, however, Ron decides to go with the other half of the story: Victor's threats.

Patty tells Sam that Robin was threatened and blackmailed to save Jase. She was forced to go along with Victor's plan or Jase would die. He couldn't say anything because he didn't want to put Robin or her work at risk.

My head. It hurts.

• Love 6

I loved the show today! 

I guess the main thing for me when watching any soap is suspending my common sense when watching and then you enjoy the show so much more! :)

I actually feel bad for Patrick because he is in a bad position with the situation. Patrick isn't a saver outside of the hospital room and the only way he can see it is Robin is trying to save the mob man's hitman. He doesn't see beyond that and it happens to many people who have tunnel vision or selective memory. 

I'm not going to lie, I was happy Helena was telling Jakeson who he really was.. Jason. I imagined her as Rafiki from the Lion King and instead of her hitting him over the head with a cane, she'd hit him over the head with her huge fur coat.

Then while he's running back, a mirage of Sonny and Alan Quartermaine starts talking to him saying.."Remember who you are. You are my son."

Because up until now, he's running around with Liz singing Hakuna Matata!

What a wonderful phrase”
“Hakuna Matata!
Ain't no passing craze”
“It means no worries
For the rest of your days”
“It's our problem-free
Philosophy”
“Hakuna Matata!”

btw..Disney and The Lion King is one of my favorite movies..you probably could tell already..

• Love 3

Yes yes yes!   And Johnnie looks good, very good.  And Sonny standing next to him does our Orange Glow NO favors.

In all fairness, it looks like Mo has stopped bathing in orange paint since Sonny was arrested a few weeks ago (our time; I have no clue how long ago that was in Port Chuckles).

That's what has made it pretty near impossible for me to like this character on any consistent basis. The best thing I can think of is that she's incredibly dumb. After that, it's all downhill, no matter how good her sauce is.

In fact, she must be on the sauce.

Her marinara brings all the boys to the yard . . . Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

I swear that was the same basement set that Laura was in when she was rescued a few years ago in some state(I don't remember which one) that was a nod to Corinth (from Loving).    Same stairs, set-up and everything. 

Yeah, I think you're right. That was last year.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Is it weird to anyone else that there are currently no doctors working at the hospital?  Silas, head of oncology is helping Ava cover her crimes.  Britt, head of obstetrics is running from her crimes, as is Liesl, chief of staff.  Patrick, head of neurosurgery, who's just been reinstated, is playing puppy love with Sam.  Monica, head of cardiac is still sitting in the family crypt comiserating with AJ.  And Kevin, head of psychiatry, fell into a black hole about 8 months ago and hasn't been seen since.  

• Love 9

Patrick should have mentioned that Emma was in the car. Emma could have gotten hurt/killed. I mean, damn. Don't care about Blanket, care about Blanket. But dude, Emma is the kid you raised till you decided to go on this Eat, Lie, Bang journey with Sam. Plus with Faison there, one would imagine he'd at least squak that one out. Emma is the child of Robin and Patrick. Fyi since we aren't allowed to know her outside of future victim of Spencer Cassadine. Which btw, freaks me out. A lot.

• Love 6

If they've somehow brainwashed Anna again like that terrible fucking story from 1991 or whenever I will throw something. Is there any way we cannot demean this character while super awesome Obrecht sings another torch song from the Weimar Republic? I'll wait.

I'm pretty sure this is where this is headed or something similar. I hated that fucking story when I was like 13, and I'm not gonna enjoy whatever retread Ron has in mind. I will shoot my tv like Elvis before watching.

Also not gonna watch Tracy continue to basically get raped and be played for a fool by one or more Flukes. Also not gonna watch Patrick continue to act like an OOC heartless asshole - I never loved Patrick, but this has gotten insane. This character has been utterly ruined.

Helena is like 90 and weighs about 40 pounds. How is she still all-powerful? Oh, that's right, the villains always have to win on this show.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

Thanks for this, but seriously, has Bill Eckert's name NOT YET BEEN MENTIONED AT ALL???????????

No, because Fluke is totally Bill Eckert and RC thinks if he just has no one ever bring him up we'll all be SO SHOCKED when Fluke's true identity is revealed.

• Love 4
No, because Fluke is totally Bill Eckert and RC thinks if he just has no one ever bring him up we'll all be SO SHOCKED when Fluke's true identity is revealed.

Or he'll be the slightly older brother of Bill Eckert who just so happens to look exactly like Bill who looks exactly like Luke.

Just like Silas is the slightly older brother of Caleb/Stephen who looks exactly like him.

Or maybe to really surprise us all he'll end up being Bill's twin.

• Love 3

Helena is like 90 and weighs about 40 pounds. How is she still all-powerful? Oh, that's right, the villains always have to win on this show.

A friend whose mom watches the show commented to me that Helena Cassadine is a walking skeleton. I looked it up, and Constance Towers is eighty-one. I didn't realize she was that old.

Bring back Old Yeller? Let's not get out of control! :)

Not Shouty McYellerson! (I do cat rescue, and one particular kitten was wailing for attention and would. not. stop. for. hours. I named her Shouty McYellerson.)

Patrick will never live down those two words -- "That baby".

The real tragedy is that Ron probably didn't even think about the implication of using those two words.

• Love 1

This was before the LSD wasn't it ? Olivia is nuts. She also said a lot of nasty stuff about AJ whom she didn't know, and now she wants Ned. Poor Sonny's child has been kidnapped ? What goes around ,comes around. Someone needs to tape Olivia's mouth shut, Every time she opens it she sticks her foot in it. Guess she has developed a taste for leather.

• Love 1

Is it weird to anyone else that there are currently no doctors working at the hospital?  Silas, head of oncology is helping Ava cover her crimes.  Britt, head of obstetrics is running from her crimes, as is Liesl, chief of staff.  Patrick, head of neurosurgery, who's just been reinstated, is playing puppy love with Sam.  Monica, head of cardiac is still sitting in the family crypt comiserating with AJ.  And Kevin, head of psychiatry, fell into a black hole about 8 months ago and hasn't been seen since.  

Hospital?  What hospital?  ;)

I don't want to think about this too much....but has anyone mentioned how Faison could have possibly fooled Tracy in bed?  I mean, it's a MASK.  Does it transform his entire body??  Or do they do it with their clothes on?  I know, it wasn't him, it was Fluke, but they don't know that.  It's gross all around, and I am sure Tracy's violation won't be explored at all past the short scene she had a few days ago. 

• Love 3

I'm not happy with the mind control trend that Helena and Ron are using as a new excuse for doing evil and offenses on other characters. Clearly that was mind-controlled Jason kidnapping a startled Sam. Conveniently, if he  kills or hurts her or anyone else, it is just the "mind control" thing causing the bad behavior.

Where have we heard this before? Oh yeah, the tumor. The tumor made Franco into a serial killer. Take the tumor away, and bingo! he's good with babies and the voice of reason for madwoman Nina.

Erase Jason's conditioning and poof! he'll be cured and innocently reading the newspaper in Liz's breakfast nook again.

• Love 2

I didn't see the early 90's Faison/Anna story in real time, though I have seen lots of clips. I guess im just sick enough to want to see Faison & Brainwashed Anna, if only because I know Anders & Finola will be amazing regardless of the writing.

That said, I'd want the "pairing" to last no more than 6-8 months and end with Robert rescuing Anna and finally killing Faison for good and forever, even if it meant Robert had to go to prison.

• Love 2

I don't want to think about this too much....but has anyone mentioned how Faison could have possibly fooled Tracy in bed?  I mean, it's a MASK.  Does it transform his entire body??  Or do they do it with their clothes on?  I know, it wasn't him, it was Fluke, but they don't know that.  It's gross all around, and I am sure Tracy's violation won't be explored at all past the short scene she had a few days ago. 

In a perfect (or even slightly better) world, Tracy et al could say that very thing, and then say the same thing we're saying: "How many Lukes are there?" Nothing would be given away but at least it would indicate that Tracy and the Scoobie gang have some brains.

But I think this might be another Christmas without a unicorn waiting for me under my outdoor tree. Alas.

• Love 2

I didn't see the early 90's Faison/Anna story in real time, though I have seen lots of clips. I guess im just sick enough to want to see Faison & Brainwashed Anna, if only because I know Anders & Finola will be amazing regardless of the writing.

That said, I'd want the "pairing" to last no more than 6-8 months and end with Robert rescuing Anna and finally killing Faison for good and forever, even if it meant Robert had to go to prison.

Oh God no. On top of everything else that has already been done to Anna, I really, really, really don't need to see her actually get violated by Faison. Blah. Ugh. No.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure this is where this is headed or something similar. I hated that fucking story when I was like 13, and I'm not gonna enjoy whatever retread Ron has in mind. I will shoot my tv like Elvis before watching.

Also not gonna watch Tracy continue to basically get raped and be played for a fool by one or more Flukes. Also not gonna watch Patrick continue to act like an OOC heartless asshole - I never loved Patrick, but this has gotten insane. This character has been utterly ruined.

Well that and it also seems she's immortal and nothing kills her, so I don't blame people for not even trying anymore. Doesn't mean I don't blame Ron for writing her as immortal though.

A friend whose mom watches the show commented to me that Helena Cassadine is a walking skeleton. I looked it up, and Constance Towers is eighty-one. I didn't realize she was that old.

For some sick reason I just had this flash of Constance/Helena and Rachel Ames/Audrey in Disneyworld with Aiden, Cameron and Spencer, and Maleficent coming out and bowing to Helena. while Audrey rolls her eyes

• Love 3

But I think this might be another Christmas without a unicorn waiting for me under my outdoor tree. Alas.

If there was a unicorn under your tree, you can be sure it would be wearing Luke's face.

Trust no-one.  And regardless of what Mulder used to say, in regards to THIS show, The Truth is NOT out there.

• Love 5

Going back to when Nina named the baby Jamie after her brother and Jamie Sommers, what's Nathan gonna think about that when she's caught and the baby is brought home to Ava/Morgan.

Is Detective McWood even still on this show?  I'll grant that I've become an somewhat sporadic viewer, but I can't remember having seen poor Woodsy in months. 

I think Faison might be better in bed than Luke, if that were him. He was a better Duke than Duke Lavery himself.

Even if he is, you should never, ever let crazy stick it's dick in you. 

That was a pretty sick burn on Friday when he told Anna that he no longer loves her because she is average and pedestrian. I enjoyed that. (Anna is probably super relieved) If he turns those attentions to Dr. O I think she'll quickly learn the lesson of being careful of what you wish for.....

Prison has agreed with Johnny.

Get a haircut Carlos!!!

• Love 5

Man I was so psyched to see Carrrlooos and his hair of wonder only to be bummed that it was so greasy and unwashed. sigh. I guess Faison's head full of party couldn't take the competition.

I did love Carlos gloating over Sonny.

Anna and Faison were indeed wonderful and I'm with ya'll he has some kind of hold on her.

Helena and Jakeson were also very good. I love Helena and all her badness. LOL at Dr. O and Britt with their rolling luggage to go on the lamb. Loved Helena's barbs about the plus one.heh!

• Love 1