Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It's not that he can't end it in this case, it's that they've got that block-taping and they're maxing out all their stars. We got these people in and we ain't got time for anything else! We'll get to all that other stuff later!

• Love 1

Honestly felicia running for mayor could have been interesting if they actually showed it lol.

It really could have been a fun little side story for some of the vets (Felicia, Mac, Lucy, Kevin, Anna, Duke, maybe Bobbie and Scotty too), but alas, we needed to make room for SERIAL KILLERS and the women who love them.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

The way this show is run I like to think Kristina Wagner's just been waiting in the parking lot with a window cracked for her call time since early October, and the engine died two weeks ago. They might need her at any moment in case they hit Stafford or Howarth's guarantee. She wasn't able to go home after her last taping so now her children are hill people.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

Those Liz/"Jake" scenes, to me, were fairly standard, classic soap.  How often have we seen a character see someone they're becoming interested in come out of the shower not fully clothed?  If it wasn't Liz, I'm guessing it wouldn't have been so appalling.  As someone who likes Liz and likes both BH and BM (and sees the rather obvious chemistry between the two of them), I liked them.  I'll take that kind of thing any day over pretty much anything else on this show that doesn't include Michael telling Carly and Sonny how much they suck.  

How is Duke gonna run the mob? Duke can barely drive at night!

Is he Embalmed Toonces now?  

• Love 13
I know nothing of Jason or his history with anyone, and while the story started out okay, it has gone from that to stalker creepy.​

Cattitude, I didn't realize you were relatively new to the show.  Glad to have you!  As a brief primer: almost all stories involving Jason start out okay*, and then go bad in one way or another, so this is totally par for the course.  

*I said ALMOST!

• Love 1

There are apparently going to be more non-Qs at the Qs Thanksgiving then real Qs.  

I guess fans should be grateful?  Personally I'm irritated by Dante and Olivia being there with the way they talked about AJ.  I know not everything is about AJ but all of Monica's kids are gone but those that hated her son get to spend the holiday with her.

Olivia (and even Dante) is the most egregious IMO. She had no problem with trashing AJ for months, but shows up at his mother's house with some pie like "bygones!"? No.

• Love 8

Okay, I totally fast forward any scenes with Olivia, but has she been told that AJ didn't kill her precious cousin, and that it was Ava who did it? What about Dante? I know they had the recording of Sonny killing AJ, but does he also know that he was talking trash about AJ for no good reason as well?  Because that scene where he was talking Michael down, was so Michael wouldn't commit murder, and nothing to do with AJ really.

• Love 4

I wonder what Silas and Ava are doing for Thanksgiving. Probably drinking a lot of booze and hiding from Kiki and the cops.

I think the "Ah bought yoooouu some clothes, my little Ken doll!" thing creeped Jake out because to me it looked like the same shirt Steve Burton Jason had on in the mantle photoshop pic. And..... how does she know his size? He felt bought. He was probably like oh um now I owe the crazy dr money and now the nurse....fml.

• Love 2

I'm going to enjoy this Michael storyline until it abruptly shifts into "Jason the Michael Whisperer Saves Christmas", or more realistically for this show, just gets dropped entirely.  Pretty sure it'll be some sort of Jason heroic thing though which will make me rage vomit and go back to the barge.  Michael was so awesome today with hammering home the facts of his life and childhood to Carly, and she refuses to see it as anything other than idyllic with Sonny and Jason as the heroes and AJ as the great evil.  Anything bad that AJ did was after he'd had his son taken away by those assholes and I'm glad Michael pointed that out.  They basically used Michael as the ball in a game of keepaway with AJ for his whole life, and they deserve every bit of anger that Michael is dishing out now.  I'm glad it's blown up in their faces, I just wish AJ didn't have to die for it to happen.  Man, Sonny was stumbling all over the place trying to explain why he didn't want Shawn running the business, but seriously Duke can go DIAF.  I loved Liz's line about how they couldn't do laundry every day.  Poor thing has had to accessorize with a basket of laundry any time they have her in the home set for the past few years.  Julian was ten kinds of awesome and hot telling Helena to step back.  Jeez Patrick, Sam did not look at all comfortable with the prospect of going to Thanksgiving at Liz's, please learn how to read a room.  

• Love 15

Okay, I totally fast forward any scenes with Olivia, but has she been told that AJ didn't kill her precious cousin, and that it was Ava who did it?

Yes, Olivia knows.  She stormed into the jail cells to yell at Julian about it.  And then she breezed into the Q mansion to talk to Ned.

• Love 1
Olivia (and even Dante) is the most egregious IMO. She had no problem with trashing AJ for months, but shows up at his mother's house with some pie like "bygones!"? No.

Agreed, though this is a good example of just how quickly Ron likes to turn the tide on this show.

There'll probably be a quick line like "Oh Monica, if only I had known Connie was trying to spell out Ava but apparently got a little stuck along the way..." And Monica will hand wave it off as "A mistake we all made" and then they'll hug and pass the stuffing.

One Big Happy alright.

"Nothing can defeat the penis!"

Never underestimate genitalia, especially when it glows like it's radioactive. .

• Love 1

Okay, I totally fast forward any scenes with Olivia, but has she been told that AJ didn't kill her precious cousin, and that it was Ava who did it? What about Dante? I know they had the recording of Sonny killing AJ, but does he also know that he was talking trash about AJ for no good reason as well?  Because that scene where he was talking Michael down, was so Michael wouldn't commit murder, and nothing to do with AJ really.

Olivia knows. She confronted Julian in jail about Ava killing Connie, and Olivia that Ava shot her as well.

• Love 1

Julian was ten kinds of awesome and hot telling Helena to step back. 

It was fun having somebody new react to Helena's crazy fierceness (or fierce craziness).

I also loved how totally unsurprised Alexis was about Helena's return from the grave.  "Of COURSE you're not dead."  Heh.

• Love 6
It was fun having somebody new react to Helena's crazy fierceness (or fierce craziness).

William did have quite a fun "WTF" expression as Helena taunted Alexis, almost as if he was seconds away from asking "Why does Granny Skekletor over here have such an issue with you?".

• Love 5

As someone who likes Liz and likes both BH and BM (and sees the rather obvious chemistry between the two of them), I liked them.

I'm not into the story, but I agree that BH and BM have natural chemistry. I totally see why people like them. It's pretty funny watching them compared to JT and KeMo, who have known each other for years, so you'd expect a lot more sizzle and/or comfort. But I feel like KeMo resorts to touching JT (she literally squeezed his cheeks like an infant today) to generate something.

• Love 3

I was wondering today if the issue with the LIz/Jake story is because we know Jake is Jason.  I mean, otherwise, would it be that awful?  I mean, just looking at the story it's rather sweet in an old-fashioned lovely soapy way.  You've got the nurse who's working extra hours because she's a single mom with 2 young kids and an overbearing COS who hates her who assigns her as many shifts as she's legally (hah!) allowed to.   Said nurse finds herself drawn/intrigued by this John Doe and takes care of him a bit more than she has to.  As he recovers, they talk, bond, etc.   Mean COS kicks him out, he has nowhere to go, nurse had literally spent hours and hours and hours with him, so she invites him to stay with her as it's Winter, the holidays are coming -- movies have been made on similar premises tons of times.   Then, of cousre, boom, later, the reveal will come, that OH WOW!, they knew each other before.    But by letting us know beforehand that THIS IS JASON!, it automatically set the Liz/Jason haters, theJason haters, the Liz haters, the Sam/Jason lovers up to have major issues with the story.     I just don't think that the story itself, or how Liz is acting with Jake, is terribly awful, OOC, or that this awful writing and un-soap-like.  This IS soap, this is rather the bedrock of soap storytelling.  The problem is that we shouldn't have known it was, at least, not from the get-go.

You make a great point. The plot as it is written is something out of a Frank Capra movie:  "Meet Jake Doe"!

• Love 2
But I feel like KeMo resorts to touching JT (she literally squeezed his cheeks like an infant today) to generate something.

Maybe that's a secret code for "Wake up buddy!". I certainly almost fell asleep during their scenes. If the point was for them to act like two good friends shooting the breeze at home then they nailed it.

They should have made Danny a teenager, a super SORAS in the same way Y&R has been doing of late jumping kids from infants and toddlers to late teens and even young adulthood.

That would have made for quite the jolt to Sam's life. Extra points would have been given if they'd made him even older than Molly.

Edited by CPP83

I also loved how totally unsurprised Alexis was about Helena's return from the grave.  "Of COURSE you're not dead."  Heh.

I have to say this was the best in today's show. heh!

I thought Julian was a little scared he might have to deck a senior and wasn't relishing the thought much.

I know Ana is well liked around here but she seems like such a boob to me and has yet to redeem herself while Alexis can look like a simpleton and redeem herself in one show. go figure. Her barbs with Helena were really fun!

Maybe that's a secret code for "Wake up buddy!". I certainly almost fell asleep during their scenes. If the point was for them to act like two good friends shooting the breeze at home then they nailed it.

I don't know what they're going for, but KeMo's touching is so distracting in their scenes. I'm surprised she memorizes her lines 'cause all I see is her trying to figure out new ways to touch JT's face.

I don't know what they're going for, but KeMo's touching is so distracting in their scenes. I'm surprised she memorizes her lines 'cause all I see is her trying to figure out new ways to touch JT's face.

She really does get quite tactile. Maybe she's still getting used to him being beardless. He still is right? I admit I forget about Patrick's face as soon as he leaves the screen but I think he is still hairless...

Loved the Helena/Alexis scenes today! "Of course your not dead" was great although Helena lives in Port Charles and people come back from the dead there all the time, even good people (Robin).

Still hoping that Patrick is Faison (they are both tall). I think it would have been great if after Sam and Patrick left, the computer picture came through and it was Patrick's face but Tracy and Lulu didn't see it before they closed the cover. Flash to Patrick with that same grin he has been wearing lately but now we know why.

The computer could get screwed up and then the picture revealed later but it would give us a reason to actually watch Patrick Sam scenes and advance the storyline.

Sorry, what was I thinking, why would TPTB want to do either of those things.

If the point was for them to act like two good friends shooting the breeze at home then they nailed it.

I do,  that is why I have no problem with their easy going vibe.

KeMo touches JT but I don't read any sexual undertones. When they've had to, like the one kiss and dream, the vibe was quite different.

Still hoping that Patrick is Faison (they are both tall). I think it would have been great if after Sam and Patrick left, the computer picture came through and it was Patrick's face but Tracy and Lulu didn't see it before they closed the cover. Flash to Patrick with that same grin he has been wearing lately but now we know why.

The computer could get screwed up and then the picture revealed later but it would give us a reason to actually watch Patrick Sam scenes and advance the storyline.

Ha. See, that's what a real, shocking twist would look like. So Ron would never do it.

Loved the Helena/Alexis scenes today! "Of course your not dead" was great although Helena lives in Port Charles and people come back from the dead there all the time, even good people (Robin).

I'm really anxious to see if they show Faison and Patrick being on screen at two different places at the same time tomorrow or in any future episode. That Faison wasn't on screen today while Patrick was at Sam's penthouse, and Patrick isn't accounted for tomorrow when Faison is lurking outside the Q's is really fueling my spec.

My guess is that tomorrow will end on a big cliffhanger: either the reveal of who Fake Luke is, or who a mask was made of. So the audience will be speculating for four days and ratings will go high on Mon for the follow-up.

Edited by Tiger

This was GH's version of sweeps? Awful. I remember the days of the '24' style Metro Court hostage and when they always had big events with the entire cast then a disaster would happen. Fire, shootings, bombs, storms. 

Y&R got something like that last month with the cast wide bachelorette/bachelor party.

I'm grateful that's no longer GH's sweeps period. There was some good writing, but they always ended in 2-3 people dead. I'm sick of death on this show.

Also, I'm really hoping y'all are wrong about Bill = Faux Luke because I don't want to be bothered looking up Bill's history. I remember none of it except Jenny Eckert was about as exciting as Coltin Shore and I like it that way.

• Love 2

I know Ana is well liked around here but she seems like such a boob to me and has yet to redeem herself while Alexis can look like a simpleton and redeem herself in one show. go figure. Her barbs with Helena were really fun!

Well, Alexis is (or was) sleeping with Julian and now is dating super cute Ned, while Anna has to deal with Duke (who I actually don't hate. Sonny ruins everything!) and cycled through Luke. Plus she is on the law and order side of things while Alexis defends criminals for a living.

Also she now has to watch some bitch sashay around town after she helped kidnapped, torture and enslaved her daughter for nearly two years while letting her family think she was dead  (so they couldn't mount a proper rescue). 

• Love 4

Sam has little to no rooting value left for me these days, but if Patrick turns out to be Faison, thank God Sam didn't sleep with him.  We've already had the "was Sam raped by Franco?" story not all that long ago, we certainly don't need "Sam slept with someone she thought was Patrick but turned out to be creepy ass Faison."  

• Love 3

There are apparently going to be more non-Qs at the Qs Thanksgiving then real Qs.  

I guess fans should be grateful?  Personally I'm irritated by Dante and Olivia being there with the way they talked about AJ.  I know not everything is about AJ but all of Monica's kids are gone but those that hated her son get to spend the holiday with her.  

In fairness to Olivia, she thought AJ killed Connie, and even AJ wasn't sure.  So I get her anger, butthe minute she found out it was Ava, she went to the jail to confront her.  Olivia is not above eating crow and apologizing when she is wrong.  So I'm okay with them being there, and I want Michael and Dante to remain brothers.  So I'm curious to see Michael's reaction around Dante too.

• Love 2

Dante probably knows, but he never pretended to care for Connie anyhow. I know he named the baby Connie but that was a gesture to Sonny and Olivia.

Sam has little to no rooting value left for me these days, but if Patrick turns out to be Faison, thank God Sam didn't sleep with him. We've already had the "was Sam raped by Franco?" story not all that long ago, we certainly don't need "Sam slept with someone she thought was Patrick but turned out to be creepy ass Faison."

Yes, that would not be good. I wouldn't wish that on Sammy. But Patty has been SO OOC.

Well, Alexis is (or was) sleeping with Julian and now is dating super cute Ned, while Anna has to deal with Duke (who I actually don't hate. Sonny ruins everything!) and cycled through Luke. Plus she is on the law and order side of things while Alexis defends criminals for a living.

To be fair to Alexis, she also "cycled through" Sonny, which is really punishment enough. As to the defending criminals thing, even thugs are entitled to a proper defense. I'll never argue that Sonny isn't vile, because he is, but that's got nothing to do with Alexis. He was a thug before she showed up.

He didn't. It's a continuity glitch or Carly bullshitting to get Michael to reconsider. Sonny wasn't even on the show at the time. Good times.

Pretty sure it's Carly bullshitting, and using the memory of Jason as emotional blackmail to get him to keep the full name. She knows quite well he didn't take on Sonny's last name until she decided that Sonny would be his daddy/she and Sonny were 'together forever.' It reminds me of how she likes to insist to Michael, or anyone really, that AJ pushed her down the stairs of the mansion and made her miscarry Sonny's spawn (from the hate sex, I believe). The reality is she was on the stairs, bragging about being engaged to Sonny, stuck her hand with the diamond on it in AJ's face, he snapped (accurately) that money/diamonds/power was all she cared while at the same time grabbing the wrist that she shoved in his face, she got pissed about that and yanked her wrist away, which made her lose her balance. She fell. I remember it clearly because SJB was all about the snarl/smug face and nostril flaring. 

• Love 2

Those Liz/"Jake" scenes, to me, were fairly standard, classic soap.  How often have we seen a character see someone they're becoming interested in come out of the shower not fully clothed?  If it wasn't Liz, I'm guessing it wouldn't have been so appalling.  As someone who likes Liz and likes both BH and BM (and sees the rather obvious chemistry between the two of them), I liked them.

You're right it is pretty standard. Then again sometimes standard stuff can be cheesy as hell. And I've found all of the variations of that scene recently (Nathan and Maxie had one - well probably more than one because for a time there Nathan was allergic to putting on shirts) cheesy as hell. 

And you're probably right that if it had been someone else Liz haters might not have been so annoyed by it. Just like I'm guessing that if the scene had been between Sam, or someone else you don't like, and Jake you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it so much. There's nothing wrong with Liz/Jiz haters to have thought that scene appalling/gross/annoying. It doesn't really matter if two characters find themselves in the same scenarios, everyone's reactions are going to be different based on their feelings for the characters and/or couple involved.

And, I for one don't see any obvious chemistry between BH and BM. I think they have a an alright kind of friendly vibe, but nothing that sets my screen on fire and nothing that saves the horrible writing they're getting. 

But I feel like KeMo resorts to touching JT (she literally squeezed his cheeks like an infant today) to generate something.

This has been driving me crazy for so long. And I don't think it's just his face, and it started before he shaved his beard. She's always finding someway to touch his face or touch his shoulders or something. I think it's supposed to convey how natural the interaction between Patrick and Sam is but to me it just comes off as actorly busy that doesn't feel natural at all.

I thought Julian was a little scared he might have to deck a senior and wasn't relishing the thought much.

LMAO. It did look that was going through his mind.

• Love 3

I couldn't figure out what Dante and Lulu would be doing at the Q's for Thanksgiving. I was thinking that Olivia had a lot of nerve bring her son and his family to dinner at her bf but I finally realize that Dante and Michael are brothers.  I think that the scenes between Michael and Dante have been few and far between.

I couldn't figure out what Dante and Lulu would be doing at the Q's for Thanksgiving. I was thinking that Olivia had a lot of nerve bring her son and his family to dinner at her bf but I finally realize that Dante and Michael are brothers.  I think that the scenes between Michael and Dante have been few and far between.

Well also Lulu is Tracy's step-daughter. Both she and Dante have had Thanksgiving at the Quartermaines' in that capacity before. Oh, and Lulu is Michael's cousin so she has that connection too.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
To be fair to Alexis, she also "cycled through" Sonny, which is really punishment enough. As to the defending criminals thing, even thugs are entitled to a proper defense. I'll never argue that Sonny isn't vile, because he is, but that's got nothing to do with Alexis. He was a thug before she showed up. 

Especially on this show, the police commissioner never has a win. They have the avowed serial killer investigating things better than her. Because Alexis defends criminals for a living, she will occasionally get a win. I am not saying as a detriment to Alexis. I am just commenting on the fucked up universe of Port Charles.

You can get off if you murder a non violent pharmacist. You can become the COS if you kidnap and hold mothers with young children. Murder a bunch of innocent people? Art therapist job.

Dispose of a violent sociopath that has preyed on your family for years? Federal investigation. 

Kill a woman (while drunk) while she is in the midst of terrorizing your brother and sister in law and throws your friend overboard?5 years in jail.

• Love 5

This has been driving me crazy for so long. And I don't think it's just his face, and it started before he shaved his beard. She's always finding someway to touch his face or touch his shoulders or something. I think it's supposed to convey how natural the interaction between Patrick and Sam is but to me it just comes off as actorly busy that doesn't feel natural

You're right...it's not just the face, it's any place she can find space! Lolz. It's feels so forced. I don't touch my boyfriend that much, damn.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

What's this?  Michael signed the name changing papers in front of a crying Carly?

That scene alone made the entire show worthwhile.  As some have said, who knows how long it will last, but I am enjoying it while we have it.

Speaking of the douchebag, it's so adorbs how he's so concerned about Sam's Thanksgiving, but clearly doesn't give a flying fuck that his daughter won't be spending it with family. And apparently hasn't given one iota of a thought to Sabrina, who gave birth to his Blankie, and you know, who he was about to marry about a year ago.

Sabrina having a wrenching miscarriage and watching her child die was, in Patrick's narcissistic mind, just another way for him to be let down.  "Ooooooh, Sabreens was SUCH a DOWNER keeping vigil by her baby's side and THAT BITCH Robin wouldn't come when I told her to... Why can't I ever find a woman who is worthy of me?"

Does Patrick even know the history of Sam/Liz or does he just not care because SEX or plot point?

You forgot option #3 - "He knows and doesn't care, because It's All About Him".

I'm not into the story, but I agree that BH and BM have natural chemistry. I totally see why people like them. It's pretty funny watching them compared to JT and KeMo, who have known each other for years, so you'd expect a lot more sizzle and/or comfort. But I feel like KeMo resorts to touching JT (she literally squeezed his cheeks like an infant today) to generate something.

Once JT figured out that he could tank whatever scenes he felt like with impunity, trying to get him to do his job became a near impossibility.  So I can see where his scene mates are forced to resort to all sorts of contrivances to try to get something, anything out of him.

Pretty sure it's Carly bullshitting, and using the memory of Jason as emotional blackmail to get him to keep the full name. She knows quite well he didn't take on Sonny's last name until she decided that Sonny would be his daddy/she and Sonny were 'together forever.' It reminds me of how she likes to insist to Michael, or anyone really, that AJ pushed her down the stairs of the mansion and made her miscarry Sonny's spawn (from the hate sex, I believe). The reality is she was on the stairs, bragging about being engaged to Sonny, stuck her hand with the diamond on it in AJ's face, he snapped (accurately) that money/diamonds/power was all she cared while at the same time grabbing the wrist that she shoved in his face, she got pissed about that and yanked her wrist away, which made her lose her balance. She fell. I remember it clearly because SJB was all about the snarl/smug face and nostril flaring. 

Taking my answer to the Backstage thread.

Especially on this show, the police commissioner never has a win. They have the avowed serial killer investigating things better than her. Because Alexis defends criminals for a living, she will occasionally get a win. I am not saying as a detriment to Alexis. I am just commenting on the fucked up universe of Port Charles.

I didn't really think you were slagging on Alexis, and I agree that the "Bad Is Good" meme is what's dragged the show in general into the toilet. But while Alexis might get a win in court now and then, her life, and the lives of her children (even Kristina, who Sonny doesn't care about) have been in danger because of her affiliation with him. Hell, Sonny's brother is the one who sued her for custody of their daughter because she got cancer. So professionally she may "benefit", but personally? I think we've seen exactly how much good she's gotten out of being around Mini McMoobster.

And you're probably right that if it had been someone else Liz haters might not have been so annoyed by it. Just like I'm guessing that if the scene had been between Sam, or someone else you don't like, and Jake you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it so much.

Eh, it's a standard soap trope, the only way I'd find it "gross" is if the body in question was gross, to me.  I don't want to see Sonny's moobs, for example.  I find Shawn loathsome, but if he wants to wander around in a towel, I'm not going to hate.  My main point was just how is it gross for Liz to admire a guy's body when he's walking around her house without a shirt?  It's not like she set up shop on the other side of the bathroom wall and drilled a hole so she could ogle him unseen while he showers. He was in her living room without a shirt on.   I think it's just gotten out of hand that Liz cannot do anything without it somehow being the worst thing ever.  Hey, a guy she's attracted to was shirtless in her presence, and she enjoyed the view. What's the harm?  As far as they both currently know, they're single.  He wasn't wearing a wedding ring when he was hit, nobody claimed him, so it's not a completely unreasonable assumption that he's single.  

• Love 9
I didn't really think you were slagging on Alexis, and I agree that the "Bad Is Good" meme is what's dragged the show in general into the toilet. But while Alexis might get a win in court now and then, her life, and the lives of her children (even Kristina, who Sonny doesn't care about) have been in danger because of her affiliation with him. Hell, Sonny's brother is the one who sued her for custody of their daughter because she got cancer. So professionally she may "benefit", but personally? I think we've seen exactly how much good she's gotten out of being around Mini McMoobster.

I was responding as to why currently Anna has been such a "boob" over the last couple of years, while Alexis can redeem herself every once in a while now. The most that has come of Alexis' relationship with Sonny now is at best cordial and hands off. While she is saddled with Sonny's day glo ass bc of their daughter, Kristina is off screen hopefully getting a life. In the meantime, she was getting sexed up by a guy that likes to do crunches to pass the time in a holding cell. 

Not only do we continue to watch Anna get bested by Dr.O and her crazy ass kin, she is still getting over her last romantic relationship  with a guy that can best be described as Sonny's current bottom bitch.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1