Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I thought Dante played that the exact right way - no lame defense of Sonny or trying to excuse his actions, just appealing to Michael to act like a Quartermaine and not like a Corinthos.

Ugh to Larry being involved with Jerry.

But of course! They all went to Bad Guy High together! ALL OF THEM. Because randomly connecting people makes them more interesting somehow! You guys, Alice is Milo's mother! Oh my God, they are soooooooooooo interesting now.

Dante should been like, "not this way Michael - withhold his pills from him, or cave in the roof. But not a gun! Bo-ring!"

• Love 6

But of course! They all went to Bad Guy High together! ALL OF THEM. Because randomly connecting people makes them more interesting somehow! You guys, Alice is Milo's mother! Oh my God, they are soooooooooooo interesting now.

Dante should been like, "not this way Michael - withhold his pills from him, or cave in the roof. But not a gun! Bo-ring!"

LOL I hate that Larry is involved too with Jerry.Larry was a conartist and was into money.I hate how RC has everyone connected.

• Love 2

I think Billy Miller and KeMo had nice chemistry. He's still great with kids, too. The twins don't want to murder him, either. I actually prefer him with KeMo as it was less saccharine.

Ugh. I hate when Patrick is right. And now I just hate Morgan because he's annoying.

CD and DZ were awesome today. Line of the day was Micheal going "That's the only mercy I'm gonna show you. Now do your damn job." Because really, I've been wanting to say that to many PC residents, along with get a job.

• Love 3
You guys, Alice is Milo's mother! Oh my God, they are soooooooooooo interesting now.

The sad thing? I have absolutely no idea whether you are serious or kidding. 

I mean, I kinda think you're kidding because Milo didn't visit Alice when she had her heart transplant, but, you know, Ron.*

*Ron = shorthand for "GH has a lot of gaps and plot holes, incongruous events, and 99% of the emotional beats occur off screen."

Poor

Poor Sonny will have to face his demons in a jail cell. I hope that they tack on the attempted murder of Ava on to the charges against him.

LOL watched some old GH clips and poor Julia Barrett was freaking out in an elevater because she was clausterphobic.How come sonny's is only around when he goes to Jail lol.

• Love 1

Dante did good in convincing Michael, what Dante said was a lot more better than dumb Morgan. I laughed outloud at Dante saying that Sonny will be found guilty, because that happens a lot to criminals in PC? It's the innocent people that end up being found guilty. 

It's hilarious that it's STILL Halloween. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

The sad thing? I have absolutely no idea whether you are serious or kidding. 

I mean, I kinda think you're kidding because Milo didn't visit Alice when she had her heart transplant, but, you know, Ron.*

*Ron = shorthand for "GH has a lot of gaps and plot holes, incongruous events, and 99% of the emotional beats occur off screen."

I'm kidding. But Ron could very well make a liar out of me.

Enough with the fan fic, GH.  Alexis is not desirable, and two men would never fight over her.  That whole storyline is just unintentional comedy. I can root for Julexis though, because it ups my chances for Dead Alexis. Anything that does that is okay by me.

*proud Alexis hater from day one*

• Love 5

Where do I begin???

I knew Sonny wasn't going to die, but Morgan needed to be smacked for putting himself in front of Michael's gun.  He doesn't want his father to die but it's ok that Michael's father is dead because of Sonny?  Wish Michael had gotten the two for one deal.  And typical of Sonny to back away so Morgan can step in front on him while he shakes his head no the whole time.  I think Dante is really trying to be a good brother to Michael.

Did Magda call Silas or was she faking it?  We had someone here and they talked at this point.  Because if she did, why was Slias still at the hospital talking to Ava?  Kiki earned points from me for being there for her mother.  Makes up for when she went to get Silas and forgot that mom needed her.  And I may be alone in this but Silas looked cute in glasses.

Nina gets props for being crazy but not stupid.  Glad she didn't turn over the money but did she really beat mommy dearest to death with a lamp, or was it just a swing for the bleachers kind of moment.

The Quatermaines always entertain.   Ned just cracks me up and the interplay between Monica, Tracy and Ned was hysterical.

Nurse Liz, 79 patients have died while you are saddling up to Jakeson.  Can you please do your damn job?  Jake and Sam seem to have some potential chemistry.

• Love 7

"You know how much I care about women! I've nailed and impregnated every one that I'm not related to in this town."

Speaking of, I am so gonna want Olivia to shut up tomorrow. she says in the previews, "God, she's got Sonny's baby!" Really Olivia, really? Why does everyone think there's a 50/50 chance between the baby being Sonny's or Morgan's?? Morgan is 20 years old and was screwing her for months everywhere in town! Sonny is haggard and screwed her once. I remember when Liz was pregnant with Aidan practically the whole town was like "oh Lucky you impotent fool, you think you even have a chance against Nikolas' virility? hahaha idiot!"

• Love 8

Julian and Ned fighting over Alexis is WAY more believable than two brothers fighting over Kiki, any two men fighting over Carly, any two men fighting over Maxie, or any two men fighting over the late SWNBN. Also NLG is much better looking than KA, even if she's a lot older. 

Every time Alexis appears on my screen, I keep waiting for Mason to whisk her back to Santa Barbara.

• Love 2

Well it's not like it's Morgan and Patrick fighting over her. It's buzzcut Julian and cute-but-not-model-gorgeous-even-in-his-prime Ned.

I don't really think it matters who it is-though I admit if Patrick were chasing Alexis(now that I've typed that, they'll do an Alexis/Patrick/Sam triangle, it's destiny!), I'd be like waaaaa?  Someone in the writer's room is eating those space cakes. 

Speaking of, I am so gonna want Olivia to shut up tomorrow. she says in the previews, "God, she's got Sonny's baby!" Really Olivia, really? Why does everyone think there's a 50/50 chance between the baby being Sonny's or Morgan's?? Morgan is 20 years old and was screwing her for months everywhere in town! Sonny is haggard and screwed her once. I remember when Liz was pregnant with Aidan practically the whole town was like "oh Lucky you impotent fool, you think you even have a chance against Nikolas' virility? hahaha idiot!"

I'd die laughing if Ava got a little something on the side and the baby belong to someone non-Corinthos.

• Love 2

Julian and Ned fighting over Alexis is WAY more believable than two brothers fighting over Kiki, any two men fighting over Carly, any two men fighting over Maxie, or any two men fighting over the late SWNBN. Also NLG is much better looking than KA, even if she's a lot older. 

I disagree, and for me, again, it isn't about looks. I think the biggest insult in this is that there's NO reason for Ned to want her back, romantically. I can skip their "just friends" scenes and I'm cool with that. But the show has not justified WHY Ned would want to restart with a woman who basically pulled a "Runaway Bride" on him. It makes Ned look stupid, and desperate.  No. There's just no reason for it.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

Morgan, put your little ass in a seat. Sonny doesn't even LIKE you.

Dante, Sonny never pays for anything, so please take your arrest warrant and wipe your cute little ass with it.

Mikey, if your gun has 3 bullets, use them! Mykill would have.

Patrick is legit a huge piece of flannel wallpaper. He is so freaking boring and completely out of place with Mon/Trace/Larry. If I have to hear about Blanket one more time.

Liz's baby voice with Danny was excruciating. And she was crowding Sam/Jason's first real scene, dammit.

Jason and Danny were OMG cute, you guys. And I liked the subtlety in the JaSam stuff. Billy Miller has chemisty with a hat, though.

I couldn't care less about Ava, Nina, Magda, Kiki, etc.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

Only saw the last 20 minutes or so. After two episodes of waving that damn gun and he didn't even shoot him. Waste. I guess the rumors were wrong. We all know Sonny will walk away free, and Michael will be up his ass in 6 months, so I was hoping for death. *sigh*

Julexis annoys me so much, mostly because WdV sounds like HE would rather be watching paint dry. Or at least that's what his flat delivery tells me.

I want Alexis's top. (sand either one of her boyfriends) That colour looked so good on her. 

I did not see the whole Magda dying coming; I was thinking she was gonna get some money and leave town. Donna Mills didn't even get a dramatic death scene! No fair!

• Love 3

I disagree, and for me, again, it isn't about looks. I think the biggest insult in this is that there's NO reason for Ned to want her back, romantically. I can skip their "just friends" scenes and I'm cool with that. But the show has not justified WHY Ned would want to restart with a woman who basically pulled a "Runaway Bride" on him. It makes Ned look stupid, and desperate.  No. There's just no reason for it.

I would say it MAYBE would make him look desperate if he were pursuing her with any urgency, a la Ric with Liz earlier this year. But imo it's obvious this is almost like a friends-with-benefits thing for them. They're both very casual about it and obviously not really into each other in that way anymore. 

I want Alexis's top. (sand either one of her boyfriends) That colour looked so good on her. 

I did not see the whole Magda dying coming; I was thinking she was gonna get some money and leave town. Donna Mills didn't even get a dramatic death scene! No fair!

I figured Magda was toast as soon as Nina found out she paid Ava to do Silas.  She lasted a day longer than I thought she would.

Only saw the last 20 minutes or so. After two episodes of waving that damn gun and he didn't even shoot him. Waste. I guess the rumors were wrong. We all know Sonny will walk away free, and Michael will be up his ass in 6 months, so I was hoping for death. *sigh*

I honestly don't think so. There won't be smoldering rage but I don't see hugs and kisses, not even 6 months from now. I mean, of course, Ron can do whatever he wants, but I don't think that will happen here. I wouldn't bet either way.

• Love 3

I haven't watched or tuned in to GH for months now, but had to stop a watch today when I flipped past Michael pulling a gun to Sonny because he knows about AJ.  Finally!  I loved the anger and hatred he showed Sonny.  He's done with him.  There is no love or forgiveness for this one. 

I especially love that all of his anger and hatred and revenge came from his love for AJ.  His father, the one he had for a short time but loved dearly in that time.  Very few ever showed much or any regard for AJ, but Michael has.  He was willing to shoot Sonny because of what happened to AJ.  He is full of so much pain and rage for what happened to AJ.  And it was because he truly loved him.  For that, I will always like Michael.  I still hate what they did to AJ and SK, but I like that Michael didn't forget him.

I don't see how Sonny can come back from this one.  I'm sure they will try to blame Ava for everything, but the endgame is that Sonny pulled the trigger and put him where he is as a result.  The only way to change that is...if AJ is somehow alive out there.  If there was ever a time to bring back that character, it is now.  Jason is back, their "precious Sonny" can avoid life in prison (though I still wish that for him), Michael would rejoin the Q's in full.  I know SK is not available, but I'll even begrudgingly accept a recast (Just not BW, they need someone who resembles CD).  I still want my AJ.  I want SK's version, but I can't have nice things where GH is concerned apparently...

I do hope that Michael turns his back on all things Corinthos and embraces the Quartermaines.  They are such a skeleton crew in that family now that they really need him. 

And WTF  with Larry Ashton being back??  And the guy playing him reminds me too much of Tony Geary. I guess Tracy has a "type", huh...

The rest...meh.

I like Billy Miller, I'm sure he could breathe some life back into the Jason character, but I still don't care enough about GH to start watching again.  I just tuned in to see if Michael would shoot Sonny.  I'm kind of glad he didn't.  I'd rather see Michael go on to better things, and hate Sonny while Sonny rots behind bars for what he did to AJ.  Oh AJ...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 11

So who will Sonny hire to defend him?  He fired Alexis and Diane is very pissed at him because of the Max shooting. Is Claire Walsh still in town, wasn't she working with Diane and Alexis and just disappeared?

• Love 1

Okay, this is my last post for now lol. I just wanted to say, I do think Maurice did a good job at the end. I didn't really think anything good or bad of his performance the past two episodes, it was fine, but his facial expression at the end I thought did looked resigned and sad. We know it's not the end of the line but Sonny does think so. I'd probably feel quite bad for him if it actually was, because I'm a sucker, heh.

I also honestly think that Sonny wouldn't/didn't mind the possibility of being killed by Michael, despite letting Morgan shove his way in front. In his head, it would expiate his sin and also, Sonny doesn't mind dying. It's one of the reasons I was so pissed Dante acted like it was a big deal when he threw himself in front of the bullet for Dante. It's easy for Sonny to die. It's not easy for him to change or do anything for his loved ones that requires him to do something he doesn't want to do.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I wouldn't bet on Magda being dead.

That was A LOT of blood on the floor beside her.  

Did Magda call Silas or was she faking it?

Faking it.  Silas said he'd just spoken to Nathan for an update, so that's who his call was from.  

I've enjoyed MB through most of this. I think this has to be some of the hardest material he's ever had to act, and I think some good stuff may be coming up for him. As a non Sonny fan, that's a big admission for me.  Sure, he hasn't hit the marks all the time, but no one ever does.

• Love 1

I loved all things Q. I'm not surprised that Larry was faking at being a drunk and I anxious to see how he ties to Jerry & Fluke. Also, JT is always so good when he works with the Q actors. I definitely wouldnt mind a minor retcon whereby Patrick's mom was a Q cousin or something, drawing Patrick into ELQ and the family shenanigans.

Chad, Dom and Mo were excellent in their scenes, and I loved Dante's speech to Michael and then Michael's parting words to Sonny. However, Bryan really dropped the ball; he seemed totally checked out. Maybe he is frustrated with Morgan being so stoopid. He didn't have any reaction to Michael calling out what Ava & Sonny did as "sick". Even worse, he didn't ask what happened to Ava; for all he knows she and his sibling or child is dead.

Maura was also fantastic.

The Nina/Magda scenes were painful. Why was Nina calling her financial advisor in the middle of the night? That was indeed a lot of blood on the floor by Amanda's dead but that means nothing on Ron's GH. For all we know, that woman is really a timetravelling Kiki in a latex mask.

I can't believe tomorrow is still Halloween/Election Day. Its' s almost two weeks our time for the same day in Port Chuckles.

• Love 2

Michael is completely right an arrest means nothing with Sonny. But I gotta hand it to Dante his "he totally deserves it, but don't do it", and killing killing Sonny would "make him a Corinthos", was fairly awesome because he didn't defend Sonny once the entire approach was don't suck like he does, just don't. Morgan should have taken notes.

Kiki, Michael is ultimately an adult. It's a terrible night for him but he isn't a missing premature newborn, focus and stop disrupting Ava's, twit!

• Love 6

The runaway bride thing was freakin years and years ago. Quite frankly I think Alexis has a bigger grievance against him considering he tried to steal her child, but again that was years and years ago. They've forgiven each other and managed to forge a friendship. I'm no Nexis fan, and never have been, but couples have gotten together/reunited having far worse water under the bridge. Plus, like ulkis pointed out it's not like Ned is pursuing her as pathetically as Ric pursued Liz this year (talk about a couple with far worse past sins to get over.) Alexis was upfront with Ned and basically said "I'm trying to get over someone. Want to help?" And Ned was like "Eh, nothing better to do I suppose." Neither are in this for love. I think Ned is so gung ho in fighting Julian because he tends to hate most mob guys on this show, so he hates him on general principle.

Ugh, Liz go away! I see absolutely nothing between BH and BM and their "cutesy" banter is just annoying. Liz is written so pathetically now. She has no other patients and is trying to move some stranger into her home. It's so sad that Jason was the one who had to point out how odd the idea of moving a stranger near her boys. And Liz really needs to look up what the word stranger means. Sam pointed out that Danny doesn't know about stranger danger yet and Liz actually stupidly says that because Danny clinged to Jason's hand once that means he's not a stranger. 

I thought that BM and KM did have some chemistry together and I liked the way she played the scenes.

As much as I hate Sonny, I like that Michael didn't shoot him and that Dante got through to him. I loved that Sonny had to stand there and listen to Dante insult him and beg Michael not to turn into Sonny. Morgan can just have a seat and shut the fuck up trying to pin everything on Ava and excuse Sonny. Ava is no innocent in this, but like Michael pointed out, she really just gave Sonny the excuse he needed to kill AJ.

• Love 10

Dante did good in convincing Michael, what Dante said was a lot more better than dumb Morgan. I laughed outloud at Dante saying that Sonny will be found guilty, because that happens a lot to criminals in PC? It's the innocent people that end up being found guilty. 

It's hilarious that it's STILL Halloween. 

...and Election Day.

• Love 2

By the time this all wraps up, the PC jail should be over-crowded with Sonny, Duke, Ava, Nina, Franco and Shawn. 

Carly should be in there too, I hope Scott doesn't forget her.

I liked Sam pointing out that she hadn't taught Danny "Stranger-Danger" yet. Liz's response that Jake wasn't a stranger was absolutely moronic, especially one coming from a mother but since she already invited the stranger to live with her kids, I shouldn't be surprised. Liz knows nothing about him, he is a stranger.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
I liked Sam pointing out that she hadn't taught Danny "Stranger-Danger" yet.

Good thing, since Jason is basically a stranger to Danny.

But it's all so heavy-handed to beat into us that this amnesiac is really the town savior, Jason.

Edited by dubbel zout

Julian and Ned fighting over Alexis is WAY more believable than two brothers fighting over Kiki, any two men fighting over Carly, any two men fighting over Maxie, or any two men fighting over the late SWNBN. Also NLG is much better looking than KA, even if she's a lot older

I agree, but then again I am generally an Alexis fan. Yeah sometimes when she acts like a schoolgirl out with the most popular boy in school it's irritating, but I believe two guys could be fighting over her.

I like that Michael didn't shoot him and that Dante got through to him. I loved that Sonny had to stand there and listen to Dante insult him and beg Michael not to turn into Sonny.

Me too. I honestly would have preferred a lot less yelling on Michael's part and a lot more cold, straight-forward 'you make me sick' statements. I also would have preferred that he wasn't waving a gun in Sonny's face. Needless to say, I was quite happy to see Dante taking some shots at Sonny too. I know none of this will last, it never does, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I like the idea of Sonny and Carly losing everything to Michael, I know various posters have brought this up. They won't go to jail - that just will never happen. I'd like to see Michael decide to turn to his inner Quartermaine and go after Sonny's businesses and Carly's hotel. Have both of those gross characters brought low.

• Love 10

I'd like to see Michael decide to turn to his inner Quartermaine and go after Sonny's businesses and Carly's hotel. Have both of those gross characters brought low.

I really love this idea, have Michael strip them of the veneer of legality and respectability they've wrapped themselves in.  He should also somehow buy their homes out from under them (Joss can go live with Jax), toss them the keys to his apartment, and be like, "I left the couch for you."

• Love 5

Is it possible that Lord Larry is Fluke?

So my thought.

I laugh at the conflicts of interest in the PCPD.  Anna arrests her boyfriend.  Dante arrests his father.  Nathan is out for his aunt who he thought was his mother and his cousin who he thought was his sister.

Is it possible that Lord Larry is Fluke?

It's possible. I still think it's Eckert though. The whole Fluke plot has been rendered kinda pointless though (unless this is Geary's swan song). Remember when Fluke was trying to find out from Julian and Ava what the secret was that could bring Sonny down? (aka that he killed AJ). I thought that the Fluke plot was gonna tie into Sonny being exposed, but obviously not now. I guess Fluke could take over Sonny's territory now. Snooze. Just get to the part where Tony Geary fights himself with a dress on a clothesrack already.

I thought Chad did a good job and all, but I wish he had closed his mouth during the end scene. When he leaves his mouth slightly open like that he looks like a squirrel about to nibble on a nut. In a cute way, but still.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4