Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Cattitude, I know you only started watching in May, but didn't you realize they had been a couple? He used to do a lot more than that! ;)

yah, don't care for Ava and like the demise of AJ through character assasination and Dante's bad hair phase, glad that was something I missed

For some reason MW hair looks harsh and brassy lately which seems to make her look older than a few months ago that adds to the bleck.

• Love 1

And an incredibly hot and awesome couple.  One of the few awesome couples (yes, before Ron ruined them).

I have no issue with the younger man/older woman dynamic - ever since the days of Matt and Donna on Another World (they were soooo awesome until the writers blew up the pairing and ruined every thing)

I too thought Ava and Morgan were good together. They had a lot of chemistry and somehow just worked well as a couple.

Of course, it was more of an accidental thing and not planned by RC so  naturally he had to find a way to destroy it.

• Love 6

I too thought Ava and Morgan were good together. They had a lot of chemistry and somehow just worked well as a couple.

I was completely surprised by what a good couple they were, until, as you say, Ron C. had to ruin it.  In fact, it was a much healthier relationship than I ever thought Morgan would have.  With a mother like Carly and a tanning solution like Sonny, I expected the best Morgan could ever do would be having a loving, carnal relationship with a clown blow-up doll, like the one from Stephen King's "IT".

Who knew the Corinthos son who would go that route would be Michael with Kiki??

• Love 6

I love Alexis, but HOW DARE SHE lump Jax in the same category with Sonny!  Unforgivable.

Sonny, please stop threatening to "take people out."  Generally, it doesn't work, and it blows up in your face, and then we're subjected to months and months of the Poor, Pitiful Sonny Show, with everyone talking about how amazing you are and working so hard to support you, and I just cannot even right now.  Also, you look and sound like a total idiot when threatening people.  Just.. Stop. 

Now I feel a need to list the people Sonny has threatened to kill but has not actually, you know, killed.  All help completing this list is appreciated (I've been hitting the boxed wine, so the memory is a little off).

- Ric
- Ava
- every Alcazar ever
- Jax
- Faith (or did Jason actually kill her? I don't remember)
- Julian
- Franco (about half-dozen times now?)
- Helena maybe?  I half-remember him being determined to take her out during one of her random reigns of terror
- Johnny
- Johnny's dad
- Whoever he was wanting to kill when he accidentally shot Robin in the arm while her young child slept upstairs
- Dante

God, he is the most ridiculous and worst gangster ever.

Why didn't Sabrina just send Jordan a text?

Umm, Rosalie was standing in front of the Brownstone after leaving Morgan, so WHY THE HELL IS THE BROWNSTONE COVERED IN CLAPBOARD??  Does Ron C. not know what "brownstone" even means?? 

I know it's de rigueur to blame Ron for the weather, Congressional inaction and terrorism in the Middle East, but how is a headwriter responsible for set decoration?

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 2

I know it's de rigueur to blame Ron for the weather, Congressional inaction and terrorism in the Middle East, but how is a headwriter responsible for set decoration?

Yep.  With an amusing little Sauvignon Blanc.

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

I've never seen anyone accuse Carlivati for those things. Just for shitty writing and petty behavior on twitter.

• Love 3

I love Alexis, but HOW DARE SHE lump Jax in the same category with Sonny!  Unforgivable.

Sonny, please stop threatening to "take people out."  Generally, it doesn't work, and it blows up in your face, and then we're subjected to months and months of the Poor, Pitiful Sonny Show, with everyone talking about how amazing you are and working so hard to support you, and I just cannot even right now.  Also, you look and sound like a total idiot when threatening people.  Just.. Stop. 

Now I feel a need to list the people Sonny has threatened to kill but has not actually, you know, killed.  All help completing this list is appreciated (I've been hitting the boxed wine, so the memory is a little off).

- Ric

- Ava

- every Alcazar ever

- Jax

- Faith (or did Jason actually kill her? I don't remember)

- Julian

- Franco (about half-dozen times now?)

- Helena maybe?  I half-remember him being determined to take her out during one of her random reigns of terror

- Johnny

- Johnny's dad

- Whoever he was wanting to kill when he accidentally shot Robin in the arm while her young child slept upstairs

- Dante

God, he is the most ridiculous and worst gangster ever.

Why didn't Sabrina just send Jordan a text?

Claudia?

• Love 1

Wasn't she referring to Jerry Jacks, not Ingo's Jasper Jacks (Jax)? 

Edited by rur
Wasn't she referring to Jerry Jacks, not Ingo's Jasper Jacks (Jax)?

Oh, that makes more sense.  See above re: boxed wine for an explanation about why I missed that.  (I'm probably going to beat this boxed wine horse way past it's death, because I think it's funny, and because I do, in fact, drink boxed wine. Some of it's really good, I promise!)

Lillybee, thanks - totally forgot about Claudia.  I guess I should have included a category for "every Zacharia ever".  

• Love 1

Lord, I know!  Gee, Patrick, what would seem worse?  Nina lying about walking, or you neglecting to mention to Sam that Robin was gone because she wanted to help revive Sam's almost dead husband?  In addition to wanting Sam to leave stiletto marks all over Patrick's back running to get to Jason, I also want her to rip him about a thousand new ones when she finds out that he was bitching about Robin "abandoning" him while neglecting to mention that one of the main reasons Robin left was to try to revive Jason.  I'd really like Robin and Sam to have a "can you believe this asshole?" conversation about him, in front of him. 

I will defend Patrick here only because I think Jason was a way bigger asshole in the year/year and a half (or longer-term, if you count the fact he was a killer) before he died. My issue is that Robin and Sam always saw Jason through rose-colored glasses. I feel like Sam has completely forgotten what a douche Jason was toward her after Franco terrorized them on their honeymoon, up until very shortly before he "died." And even before that, the Jason I saw - when he wasn't either targeting someone or meeting with Sonny about a threat/target, always put Sam behind Carly, Sonny's kids, etc. as a priority.  Sam made herself pathetic over wanting Jason to love her and make her his #1 priority. They got married because Maxie pressured Jason to propose. He acted like he literally didn't care if they never got married. Also, Sam doesn't seem to *get* that Danny's life could turn out as, or more screwed up, than Michael's with such influences like his father, Sonny, Carly, and Michael around ...assuming he didn't die from a bullet meant for Jason or Sonny first. 

Patrick couldn't get over Robin's loyalty to someone prone to violence and murder, when they both devote themselves to saving lives. Robin's still has young Jason in her mind; Patrick knows that guy is long gone. I think he would have felt very differently if Robin was trying to revive, say, Georgie Jones or Steve Hardy.

He understood at that time that Victor was forcing her to go - his issue was that Robin actually wanted to go for the sake of saving someone because she has history with the guy and thinks he should have a chance to know his kid because she got to reunite with hers. I gagged when she told Danny his dad was "better than the best." Puh-lease. 

• Love 1

Today's episode was actually okay for me.  Nothing great, but a minimum of horrifying.

The good:  Julian/Alexis.  I love how after years of being treated like an afterthought or a stopping over point on the way to someone younger/hotter, Alexis has a man who is all about her.  The guy playing Julian does singular focus really, really well.  He's also really, really hot.

Morgan/Ava.  I really like the character of Morgan.  He's basically the only grown-up in his immediate circle of acquaintance, and it's pretty awesome.

Franco.  Okay, as long as I don't have to believe him as a romantic lead, I really like him.  RoHo is charming.  He's also the only person who makes Nina bearable. 

ME woke up.

The bad:  Do I only have fond memories of Duke because I was, like, 8 when he was last on this show and didn't know any better?  Holy crap, is he boring.

The did not watch:  Sonny, Carly, Shawn.

• Love 2

So all Sonny does nowadays is plot to kill people? First Ava, now Franco. He is so pathetic, as is Shawn. I just can't with those two idiots.

Ava finally took the sinister pills. Hope Sabrina goes to jail.

I miss Sam and Silas when they were fun- I still saw the chemistry in their phone call. What a waste.

Franco and Nina are still one of the best parts of this show. I just love them together, probably because they both aren't as crazy and nutso when they are together.

• Love 3

Franco and Nina are still one of the best parts of this show. I just love them together, probably because they both aren't as crazy and nutso when they are together.

I love them because she can't call him "Fray."  The ridiculous nicknames and the overuse thereof are the source of at least 20% of the (very significant amount of) ill-will I bear this character.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 3
WHY THE HELL IS THE BROWNSTONE COVERED IN CLAPBOARD??

I thought the same damn thing. They use faux brick everywhere (Silas' apartment, Sabrina's apartment, Jordan's apartment inside the Brownstone) except the exterior of the Brownstone. Makes sense!  At least it wasn't painted gray.

I decided today that Ron is a banned word- tease. It's not about the couple/relationship it is all about pandering to all fanbases & being a big freaking tease. In turn all the characters whether male or female end up looking like another banned word. It is ridiculous.Liz has gone between Ric, Nic & now Jake. Sam has been with Silas, still holds a torch for Jason & now has dreams of Patrick. I won't touch Nic with a ten foot pole. In the past year Sonny has gone from marrying ghost Connie, to Olivia, to having CryptSex! with Ava & now he's in love & screwing Carly.Minimum build up just bam! I want you know even thou I still want x, y & z.

I love Morgan being concerned & loving towards Ava. IMO, Ron screwed the couple over in order to give KA a damn story.

Gah, can this be the beginning of the end for Sabrina now that AVA took the pills. She can exit stage left back to PR.

I love a sinister scheming RoHo. Just wish he wasn't playing Franco, so I could really enjoy it. I also wish someone else other than Ron were writing it. Ron only goes for shock value & I want to to all the beats played out.

Who do I have to pay off in order to get sex scenes between Jordan & Julian? And none of that wrapped all up in separate sheets shit either.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 6

I hope that Lucy and Duke do hook up. That way Anna can be free of that douchcanoe low rent wannbe gangster and maybe hook up with Ned.

I love how we all want pretty much everyone to hook up with Ned.

Edited by TheGourmez
  • Love 8

I decided today that Ron is a banned word- tease. It's not about the couple/relationship it is all about pandering to all fanbases & being a big freaking tease. In turn all the characters whether male or female end up looking like another banned word. It is ridiculous.Liz has gone between Ric, Nic & now Jake. Sam has been with Silas, still holds a torch for Jason & now has dreams of Patrick. I won't touch Nic with a ten foot pole. In the past year Sonny has gone from marrying ghost Connie, to Olivia, to having CryptSex! with Ava & now he's in love & screwing Carly.Minimum build up just bam! I want you know even thou I still want x, y & z.

Thank you for summing up my entire problem with the romantic relationships on GH right now. Week to week, month to month, the characters have feelings for a different person. It's impossible to ship anything on this show or to follow the story. And it's not even just fweeelings half the time....it's being full-blown IN LOVE with different peeps. And it's like WHAT?

• Love 3

Did you catch the diehard romance in Mini-Moobs conversation with Shawn about taking out Franco?  Shawn says something about how getting rid of Franco would clear the way for Carly and that Coppertone-drenched, wither-brained Bensenhurst banana gets a puzzled look on his face, like "who the hells he talking about", then says something like, "yeah, maybe", as if he could truly give a crap.

And that's his response after going after her like she's the crispy burnt bits on the top of Olivia's ziti.  Now that he's planning another murder, he can barely remember her name or species.

And how funny is it that he can stil talk to Shawn about shooting someone when all Shawn has been able to do so far is hit his vein when injecting his steroids?

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

I am rooting for a story in which girlchild, Kristina, returns and stages a coup and takes over the leadership of the gummy bear mob and put Sonny in a home for aged and crazy mobsters. Sonny will never see it coming for a girl child and Michael and Morgan are too stupid to do it.

• Love 8

I love them because she can't call him "Fray." The ridiculous nicknames and the overuse thereof are the source of at least 20% of the (very significant amount of) ill-will I bear this character.

She could start calling him Fran.

One of these days, I swear I'm going to be in sync with when most of the board watches.  Some rants:

First things first.  Shawn, ugh. 

One thing that I really hate, is when a guy gets all up in a woman's space (well, anyone in anyone's space) and demands to know exactly what she's doing, who with, and where, etc. like he has a right to know.  I'm probably projecting here, but it drives me insane.  Shawn does this way to much with Jordan, who, by the way, I am liking more and more.  She's, what I think, so far, is good example of a gray character.  She works for the law, but has a shady past, and is undercover where she has to make shady choices, yet she's not boring, or cartoon character crazy or evil.  Also, she's hot. 

And, I'm sorry, but Anna needs to step down as Commissioner, and let Jordan take a crack at it.  She always seems a few steps ahead of Anna when they have their little meetings.   Loved Lucy today bringing up Tony.  She makes Duke more interesting (more interesting, not actually interesting).  That 'stash is frightening.  But kinda funny.  Please let Lucy sneak into his room at night and shave it off, then draw on a handlebar one in Sharpie.  Carly sucks, necklace, yuck.

That changes everything!  Sabrina better die or move to wherever, soon.  Making her "darker" is not working.  She doesn't do "villain" very well, and seems even stupider than when she was a "princess".  I'll bet DarkSabrina wouldn't have aced that nursing exam.  Here's hoping that her next role is of  "corpse". 

Hey, Carlos, hey.  Hope he gets sprung soon.  And where are Johnny and his boys?  I'll bet they know who Fluke really is.   

The good:  Julian/Alexis.  I love how after years of being treated like an afterthought or a stopping over point on the way to someone younger/hotter, Alexis has a man who is all about her.  The guy playing Julian does singular focus really, really well.  He's also really, really hot.

Morgan/Ava.  I really like the character of Morgan.  He's basically the only grown-up in his immediate circle of acquaintance, and it's pretty awesome.

Franco.  Okay, as long as I don't have to believe him as a romantic lead, I really like him.  RoHo is charming.  He's also the only person who makes Nina bearable. 

ME woke up.

I like Julian, precisely because of what you stated; he's only interested in one woman, and isn't chasing after another one, even when Alexis [totally, for real, this time] dumps him.  Dante is another guy in PC who isn't a ... Sonny.  I can't use the word,  so I'm just calling it "a sonny" or "pulling a sonny", now.  Sad that there are only those two men, plus Mac, like this in town, although Nathan and Ned seem like they'd be this way, as well, if they were in relationships. Even Morgan seems to be all about Ava,  that is, when Kiki's head isn't blocking his view of her.   

I like Ned with Olivia.  They are cute, and he makes her somewhat palatable.  Shoo Alexis! 

Can someone please send Spencer to boot camp?  I hate what a terrible child he is, and even though he's smart and snooty, he's not even well-mannered like you'd think he would be.  And Nik is in competition with Sonny and Carly as the worst parent in PC.  He's so blah when it comes to speaking to Spencer about anything, like he can't be bothered.  The hell happened to Nik, anyway?  Watching old clips of when he first came to PC -  he's like a completely different person.  A fucking prince on this show, and he's, more often than not, less refined than a mobster (Julian) and a 20 yea-old kid (Morgan).  Sadness. 

Franco and Nina must be in some kind of Bizarro World, where they are only not-blow-your-brains-out-shittastic with each other. 

I think The List has now been replaced by The Voice Mail. 

I see that ME has decided to rejoin the living.  Liked his phone conversation with Sam, and I liked that she became emotional -- I'll take it when I can get it, from KeMo.  I'm wondering now if Patrick isn't a foil for Jason, so much as he's a foil for Silas.  If Sam realizes her feelings for Silas are jus as strong as before and gets back together with him, even more committed than ever, that would make for some emotional stakes when Jakeson re-Jason's himself.  I'd like that better. 

I love them because she can't call him "Fray."  The ridiculous nicknames and the overuse thereof are the source of at least 20% of the (very significant amount of) ill-will I bear this character.

My source of ill-will comes from how Tiggerish she is.  Hop, hop, twirl.  Jump, crouch, spring.  Stretch, flex, do the hustle. 

All I hear are sound effects when she's on. 

Boing, boing!  

I've never wished someone were actually wheelchair-bound, more, than with her. 

I decided today that Ron is a banned word- tease. It's not about the couple/relationship it is all about pandering to all fanbases & being a big freaking tease. In turn all the characters whether male or female end up looking like another banned word. It is ridiculous.Liz has gone between Ric, Nic & now Jake. Sam has been with Silas, still holds a torch for Jason & now has dreams of Patrick. I won't touch Nic with a ten foot pole. In the past year Sonny has gone from marrying ghost Connie, to Olivia, to having CryptSex! with Ava & now he's in love & screwing Carly.Minimum build up just bam! I want you know even thou I still want x, y & z.

Yes, a thousand times, yes to this! 

I know characters have to keep mixing it up to some extent, but damn.  

I'm just waiting for the party scene where they zoom in on the bowl with a bunch of keys in it, and a pile of underwear on the floor.    

OoH, ooh!   Maybe that's what Scott's porn 'stash is for!

I just grossed myself out. 

• Love 2
My source of ill-will comes from how Tiggerish she is.  Hop, hop, twirl.  Jump, crouch, spring.  Stretch, flex, do the hustle. 

All I hear are sound effects when she's on. 

Boing, boing!  

I've never wished someone were actually wheelchair-bound, more, than with her.

Maybe Michelle Stafford went to the same acting school as Rose McGowan. I've loved Rose for ages, but when she was on Charmed, they started calling her Muggy McGowan because she was always flailing around. Is Jazz Hands a technique that can be taught?

• Love 2
I don't understand why Julian hasn't given a damm about Carlos. Wasn't Carlos his favorite hitman?

From the looks of it Carlosssss was his only hitman, but it appears that Julian washed his hands of him after he decided to side with Ava and wouldn't give up the goods on her, as Julian kept demanding he do.

Of course Carlosssssss' loyalty to Ava was then repaid by her blackmailing him into accepting a life long prison sentence for a crime he didn't commit.

I still don't get why he hasn't reached out to Julian to finally tell all and get his help, especially that Ava killed Connie since Julian is still in the dark about it, or at least that's what they've implied so far or as far as I've paid attention to that all nonsense.

• Love 2
Wasn't Carlos his favorite hitman?

Carlos is only onscreen to take the edge off the bad energy created when Sabrina surfaces much like Ellie was on to make Spinelli a tad more palatable.  Carlos and Ellie would have been pleasant permanent additions to Port Charles.

More Sonny, Carly, and Jason than ever. Yuck.  I want my soap opera about a hospital back - where doctors aren't played by day players and violence was relegated to being expressed in the guise of a voice or left in a screen shot for the audience to imagine.

• Love 2

And Nik is in competition with Sonny and Carly as the worst parent in PC.  He's so blah when it comes to speaking to Spencer about anything, like he can't be bothered.  The hell happened to Nik, anyway?  Watching old clips of when he first came to PC -  he's like a completely different person.  A fucking prince on this show, and he's, more often than not, less refined than a mobster (Julian) and a 20 yea-old kid (Morgan).  Sadness.

Nik is an example of what happens when a character loses his foil. Nik was brought on to be a thorn to Luke and Laura and to allow Lucky and He to play at a second generation Cassadine-Spencer war, with the twist that they were brothers and loved each other. The Cassadines were also suppose to be far richer than the Q's and certainly Sonny.

But Luke and Laura are over, Luke is no longer played in Nik's orbit (which is a shame one of the highlights for both TC and TG was the ambulance scene where Nik was shot. Another was when Luke pulled Nik into the family picture at the Second Luke and Laura wedding....Luke as a reluctant "father"  to Nik is pivotal for the character) Lucky is gone  and it seems as if the Cassadines are both poor and powerless. And so Nik has no purpose.

TC has no where to go with the character the way he is now written. Ron tried to reach for the "Dark Prince" with Britt but failed epically. The highlight of TC return was when he first stumbled upon Robin but even that went to the way side in the silly "Held hostage at Windymere" story.

• Love 4

Jordan's throwaway comment about meeting with Anna at Metrocourt being 'better than a park bench" has convinced me that someone is lurking here! 

So haw many people know about Sonny shooting AJ? Carly, Sonny, Ava, Franco, Nina, Kiki, Morgan...is that everyone? Does Rosalie know? Do Jordan and Shawn? 

• Love 5

Shawn knows for sure. I'm sure Jordan knows. Duke knows. But Anna doesn't know Duke knows.

My list is:

Carly- AJ told her, plus she heard Recording and Sonny bragged to her

Franco- Recording, discussed with Carly and threatened Sonny he'd tell

Duke- Sonny told him

Shawn- Sonny told, heard recording too (offscreen)

Julian- told by Ava

Lauren- told by Ava

Morgan- told by Ava

Nina- saw on Gross Eye Cam

Fluke- told by Julian/Ava

and Ava- was there

Sonny- he done it

I think that's it. Am I missing anyone? I'm speculating Jordan knew and Mickey Diamond since I think they made refrences.

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 1

Stupid Samtrick wanted to stop watching this show!! Haven't tuned in for about 2 mths but out of curiosity checked out Sam's dream.

Samtrick are just made of win, hope they go there. Other random thoughts ..

.What the hell is Carly wearing around her neck?

Julexis broke up?

Franco and Nina have buttloads of chem.

I like Roasalie, with that hair colour she is a pretty Kiki who can act...heh. Ava is still pregnant?

Silas knows Nina can walk now, awesome..too bad he had to call Sam but nice he apologized I guess. 

Edited by Aprilshowers
  • Love 3

Dude, please you tube the scene where Silas sees Nina in full gazelle sprint. It's amazing.

And that's a camera around Carly's neck. Twas a gift from Franco. So far it's recording gross sex between Sonny/Carly in Micheal's apartment where they discussed AJ's murder at Sonny's hand.

AJ's death turns Carly on. Freak.

• Love 3

Lord, I know!  Gee, Patrick, what would seem worse?  Nina lying about walking, or you neglecting to mention to Sam that Robin was gone because she wanted to help revive Sam's almost dead husband?  In addition to wanting Sam to leave stiletto marks all over Patrick's back running to get to Jason, I also want her to rip him about a thousand new ones when she finds out that he was bitching about Robin "abandoning" him while neglecting to mention that one of the main reasons Robin left was to try to revive Jason.  I'd really like Robin and Sam to have a "can you believe this asshole?" conversation about him, in front of him. 

Actually I think you just touched on how Patrick may realize that Robin is in trouble.  Once he sees Jason and realizes Jason is alive, he's going to realize that Robin lied about Jason's death.  Then he may go to Anna and explain the "Jason" part of Robin's reason for leaving him.  This may tie into KMc's return later this year (if I'm not mistaken).  I don't agree with those of you who feel Patrick should KNOW that Robin is in trouble.  I don't agree.  There's been too many lies, and Robin hasn't given any clues to anyone:   not Patrick, not Anna, not Robert, not anyone.  The only person who knows that Robin was working to revive Jason was Patrick.  Victor was the other person, but he's dead.  So once Patrick realizes that Jake is Jason, he'll start to put two-and-two together regarding Robin.  That's my theory.

• Love 3

I think Morgan and Ava have run it's course.  I''m not seeing any great chemistry with those two.

I feel like Sam has completely forgotten what a douche Jason was toward her after Franco terrorized them on their honeymoon, up until very shortly before he "died." 

Let's be fair, though.  RC wanted to break up Jasam when he realized that his OLTL actors were coming over to GH.  So he deliberately wrote both Jason and Sam out of character in order to prop McBain and Sam.  Since when would Jason NOT raise someone else's child?  It's all the guy has done since he was introduced.  He raised Michael, he was willing to raise Sam's baby with Sonny.  There is no way he wouldn't have wanted to raise Sam's baby, even if it was with Franco.  It was a lame and stupid plot contrivance for RC to write in order to drive a wedge between Sam and Jason.  Also, since when would Sam EVER confide in an FBi agent like John McBain about her deeply personal problems and about confidences between her and Jason?  The answer:  never.  Never, ever, ever.  Again, RC wanted what he wanted, and he wanted McBam together and Jasam broken up, and so he came up with a lame excuse to make it happen.  Only when he realized that SBu was leaving (probably saw the crap writing for him and Sam on the wall), did he quickly reunite Jason and Sam in their final week together.  

It seems karma bit RC in the ass when he lost all his favored OLTL/GH pairings with the loss of his OLTL characters, and he had to reinvent them with the new character creations.  Funny how they all failed:  Carly/Franco, Michael/Kiki, and Siilas/Sam.  Karma is a bitch.

• Love 2

Maybe Michelle Stafford went to the same acting school as Rose McGowan. I've loved Rose for ages, but when she was on Charmed, they started calling her Muggy McGowan because she was always flailing around. Is Jazz Hands a technique that can be taught?

I think it's Lesson No.2 in "How to Smell a Fart 101"  as taught by Drake Hogestyn, with Joey Tribbiani as TA.  

Don't really know anything about Rose McGowan, except what her ass looks like.  From the sound of it, though, I've already seen the best of her.

Nik is an example of what happens when a character loses his foil. Nik was brought on to be a thorn to Luke and Laura and to allow Lucky and He to play at a second generation Cassadine-Spencer war, with the twist that they were brothers and loved each other. The Cassadines were also suppose to be far richer than the Q's and certainly Sonny.

But Luke and Laura are over, Luke is no longer played in Nik's orbit (which is a shame one of the highlights for both TC and TG was the ambulance scene where Nik was shot. Another was when Luke pulled Nik into the family picture at the Second Luke and Laura wedding....Luke as a reluctant "father"  to Nik is pivotal for the character) Lucky is gone  and it seems as if the Cassadines are both poor and powerless. And so Nik has no purpose.

TC has no where to go with the character the way he is now written. Ron tried to reach for the "Dark Prince" with Britt but failed epically. The highlight of TC return was when he first stumbled upon Robin but even that went to the way side in the silly "Held hostage at Windymere" story.

I agree, and I really, really liked that scene with Nik finding Robin.  That whole sequence of Robin seeing Nik, Robert, and Anna was aces.  I was actually hoping that Nik and Robin would be explored more -- that seeing each other would in someway imprint on them, a bond between them that would be re-awakened when they were in scenes together.  I don't know how it would all work, but I would have been willing to watch and see.  And we all know how much Nik loves to be Cap'n-Save-a-Hoe (You, know, the gardening tool.  What?). 

I get so frustrated about the lost opportunities with certain characters.  The children of the vets should now be the center of the show, with the older vets, themselves, being the supporting anchors.  Not these flash-in-the-pan newbies.  New characters are always needed to resupply the gene pool, but the focus on new (and shitty) characters is ridiculous.  Nik should still have a lot of s/l left in him, but he's been in a walking twilight slumber for years.  Actually, so many of the actors seem to need a strong B12 shot to the ass, or something.

GH and soaps in general have a really bad habit of putting the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong charACTERS. 

• Love 5
GH and soaps in general have a really bad habit of putting the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong charACTERS.

You mean like KA has trouble deciphering which word should BE emphasized IN a sentence?

• Love 3

I agree, and I really, really liked that scene with Nik finding Robin.I was actually hoping that Nik and Robin would be explored more -- that seeing each other would in someway imprint on them, a bond between them that would be re-awakened when they were in scenes together.

I really liked the weird alliance Robin, Nik, and Britt were forced into when Faison and Obrecht were basically holding them captive at Wyndemere and I was extremely bummed when, once it was over, it was over.  Nik and Britt didn't share another scene with Robin, or even gossip about the Patrina wedding getting called off.

As someone who was slightly warming to them again, the slapdash, Spencer-focused way Nik and Britt reunited this week was like a big, neon "Don't get invested!" sign.

• Love 6

You mean like KA has trouble deciphering which word should BE emphasized IN a sentence?

LOL!  This WILL never not be funny. 

Maybe she TOOK Mrs. Chanandler Bong's clASS on word emphasis. 

I really liked the weird alliance Robin, Nik, and Britt were forced into when Faison and Obrecht were basically holding them captive at Wyndemere and I was extremely bummed when, once it was over, it was over.  Nik and Britt didn't share another scene with Robin, or even gossip about the Patrina wedding getting called off.

As someone who was slightly warming to them again, the slapdash, Spencer-focused way Nik and Britt reunited this week was like a big, neon "Don't get invested!" sign.

I enjoyed so much of that part of the Robin/Legion of Doom s/l.  Funny thing is that it wasn't going that well in real time, but looking back, the show's only gotten worse.  I PPH adventure.  PPH adventure.  (I don't enjoy Nina so much, OTOH *twitch*). 

That whole MetroCourt scene with Britt, Nik, and That Kid was so freaking weird!  WTF are these writers doing, my god.  It was so, random, I wasn't even sure what was happening.  And when they need Spencer to have to spell the scene out, during the scene, you know we're in for some stupid shit.   

• Love 3
That whole MetroCourt scene with Britt, Nik, and That Kid was so freaking weird!  WTF are these writers doing, my god.  It was so, random, I wasn't even sure what was happening.  And when they need Spencer to have to spell the scene out, during the scene, you know we're in for some stupid shit.   

It was made worse for me by trolling Ron's twitter feed b/c he was gleefully quoting the Spencer dialogue like he was pating himself on the back for being so cleaver. I never did get it until I started reading Ron's twitter occasionally but he really does have an unhealthy attachment to Spencer.

I can't stand Britt but even I cringed a little at the way she was objectified in that scene. From dressing like a call girl for breakfast to readily accepting not a date but to MOVE IN with Nik when just a week before he basically told her she was plan B. Not to mention how bad she looks ploting with a CHILD behind his dad's back. What kind of habits is she contributing to in Spencer?

How can she ever be taken seriously as a strong career physician?

• Love 4

Not to mention how bad she looks plotting with a CHILD behind his dad's back.

She certainly looks better than our "good girl" Sabrina, who seemingly only feels bad about her plan to kill an unborn child because she had the wrong culprit and whose crime I'm sure is going to be swept completely under the rug.

• Love 2
a minimum of horrifying

Hee. That's the standard now: Viewers aren't completely grossed out.

I still don't get why he hasn't reached out to Julian to finally tell all and get his help,

Because Ava threatened to hurt Sabrina and her baby. Gabriel's gone, but that doesn't mean Ava can't still go after Sabrina. (If only.)

I think Morgan and Ava have run it's course.  I''m not seeing any great chemistry with those two.

I see some chemistry, but I think the relationship has run its course. I just can't buy that Ava, a supposedly sophisticated woman, would want to hook up with knucklehead Morgan. Get her brains boinked out by a young stud, yes. Make a serious commitment to? No.

I need Faison as Beetleguise and AJ running around in that scream costume.

Maybe that's how they'll both crash the Carly/Franco wedding. I really want Franco to insist that everyone wear costumes to that (including the bridal party).

How can she ever be taken seriously as a strong career physician?

No one on the show is any sort of credit to his or her profession.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I guess I wouldn't mind another round of Morgan/Ava, but it would sadden me that one of my favorite elements of their first relationship - Carly and Kiki and everyone else's heads exploding and the glorious Sonny hate - has dissipated and can't be recaptured.

Edited by TeeVee329