Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Is Spencer coming back as the same actor? Is he going to ask Cam and Joss about their incredible growth spurts? 

They don't think we're very bright, so they'll probably have him in an instant rivalry with Jake now, calling him a townie.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, avocadohead said:

The actor is only 2 years younger than the actress who plays Josslyn,

But at that age, that's a huge difference.  Especially since NB is a small kid which makes him seem younger.  

• Love 6

I know this is GH and I'm not supposed to ask such questions, but here goes: What difference does it make if Marino was dirty? He still left a  wife and 2-year-old daughter at home and all these years, his daughter always hoped he'd come back. She had no idea what happened to him and now has proof that he was murdered. She suspects Sonny killed him and wants Sonny to pay. Why should it matter if he wasn't some 'fine upstanding citizen'? He was still Margeaux's father. You can be damn sure if Sonny discovered Mike had been murdered, he'd dispatch Jason to get his own brand of justice no matter if Mike was involved in something illegal.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I know this is GH and I'm not supposed to ask such questions, but here goes: What difference does it make if Marino was dirty? He still left a  wife and 2-year-old daughter at home and all these years, his daughter always hoped he'd come back. She had no idea what happened to him and now has proof that he was murdered. She suspects Sonny killed him and wants Sonny to pay. Why should it matter if he wasn't some 'fine upstanding citizen'? He was still Margeaux's father. You can be damn sure if Sonny discovered Mike had been murdered, he'd dispatch Jason to get his own brand of justice no matter if Mike was involved in something illegal.

Sonny is the sole arbiter of justice in that town.  That's what difference it makes.

• Love 6

According to the trifeca of suck, Michael, Joss nor Avery will be able to mourn Sonny or Jason when they die (hopefully in a hail of bullets) after all they are not good people.  Do they even realize how ridiculous they sound when they say that Margo will back off if they find dirt on her dad.  He was her dad (just like Sonny is Michael's(well kind of)) so it really doesn't matter if he was dirty, he was dad.

According to the trifeca of suck, Michael, Joss nor Avery will be able to mourn Sonny or Jason when they die (hopefully in a hail of bullets) after all they are not good people.  Do they even realize how ridiculous they sound when they say that Margo will back off if they find dirt on her dad.  He was her dad (just like Sonny is Michael's(well kind of)) so it really doesn't matter if he was dirty, he was dad.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Didn't Joss inherit Spencer's old crib, making him older?

Yes, Spenser is older than Joss because Spenser was originally thought to be Jax's child (and named John)  and Carly was helping Jax take care of John before they got together as a romantic couple.  

Spenser was born in 2006 and Joss in 2009.  But, I've never known soaps to SORAS and worry about keeping children that are not siblings in the same age order.

Lucas was born before Maxie, but then she was older than him, and then I think they were the same age.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 2

It's sad to see how far Maxie has lowered her own standards for Peter, or more realistically what the writers have done to both her and Lulu. Parking Lot Peter is so not worth fighting over, ladies. Need we remind Maxie that Peter played a large part in Nathan's death?

Monica tells Jason to be there for Oscar, spend time with him and get to know him before he dies. Sam had to be the one to tell Jason to be there for Monica. The only people Jason will take any initiative for are Sonny, Carly, and Michael. Why are we supposed to root for him to get the girl? Once again, Sam and Drew had much more chemistry and tenderness and talked an actual conversation about things that mattered.

• Love 15

Good LORD the show really decided to go for broke with that Kiki/Griffin sex scene. Too bad that no matter how naked they get, I'm never going to forget that they're both complete trash.

So now Ava has to suffer the indignity of having fucking Spencer read her the riot act? He is a CHILD, he should never speak to an adult like that, and I'm so tired of being sold that it's perfectly fine that normal rules don't apply to him. And more importantly, I'm done with the show's campaign to systematically tear down Ava from all possible angles.

I should not have to sit here in relief that Laura has escaped being sexually preyed upon by Ryan, and yet.

• Love 8

Spencer only sees his gain and has zero empathy for others.  His Corinthos blood is really showing today.

I need to bleach my brain of the Kiki/Griffin sex scene.  I think they were going for something great with the music but non, those two hypocrites will never get me rooting for them.

Wow, WR is really tall compared to ER and KS.

I now can't watch Sam in any scenes any more, not with Jason, not with Liz where she can't even delay getting back with Jason so she can be there for Drew, and not with Drew because she's a giant hypocrite.  Well done, show.

13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Monica tells Jason to be there for Oscar, spend time with him and get to know him before he dies. Sam had to be the one to tell Jason to be there for Monica. The only people Jason will take any initiative for are Sonny, Carly, and Michael. Why are we supposed to root for him to get the girl? Once again, Sam and Drew had much more chemistry and tenderness and talked an actual conversation about things that mattered.

When has Stone Cold ever said to Monica "I love you"?

I wasn't watching at the time, is it really true that AJ freaked at Monica's cancer diagnosis and Jason was the only one to help her?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching at the time, is it really true that AJ freaked at Monica's cancer diagnosis and Jason was the only one to help her?

Are they trying to say that now?  Because that is not how I remember it.  Monica put up walls and kept Alan at arm's length for awhile--not telling him when she was getting reconstructive surgery and deciding to go off to Arizona to a wellness clinic.  Not saying she was 'the bad guy,' but neither was Alan.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

Unless Margaux's father was some sexual predator OR ends up not actually being her father, I don't see any reason for her not wanting justice for him.

4 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

Unless Margaux's father was some sexual predator OR ends up not actually being her father, I don't see any reason for her not wanting justice for him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Good LORD the show really decided to go for broke with that Kiki/Griffin sex scene. Too bad that no matter how naked they get, I'm never going to forget that they're both complete trash.

So now Ava has to suffer the indignity of having fucking Spencer read her the riot act? He is a CHILD, he should never speak to an adult like that, and I'm so tired of being sold that it's perfectly fine that normal rules don't apply to him. And more importantly, I'm done with the show's campaign to systematically tear down Ava from all possible angles.

I should not have to sit here in relief that Laura has escaped being sexually preyed upon by Ryan, and yet.

Oddly enough, I don't find either actor particularly attractive, but together their love scenes bring the sexy.  Who would'a thunk it?

ITA - doesn't matter how smart or precocious Spencer is, as the old folks say he should have the taste smacked out of his mouth for talking to any adult like that, even Ava.

I chuckle at how hard Ryan works at downplaying his repulsion to Laura.  Poor Genie Francis.

• Love 4

At least the Kiki/Griffith stuff wasn't uncomfortable and badly choreographed like the sleaze display from last Monday.

<==========

So now Lassie wants to spend time with Monica because Saint Samantha told him to reach out to her?  Am I suppose to be touched?  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sort of -- at least at the beginning. Edward yelled at Alan for not being a miracle worker with Monica, Alan yelled at AJ for being too raw and afraid in front of Monica, AJ yelled at Jason for being too clinical -- the usual Quartermaine stuff. But the storyline went on for a while, so things eventually calmed down.

The Jason/Monica scenes were shameless, manipulative pandering to the longtime fans -- and I loved every minute of it!

3 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I wish that I could remember Jason giving a small damm about Monica but I really don't.

Jason (Morgan) pretty much showed he gave a damn through his actions, not his words or attitude. Which frankly isn't enough, but at least he helped her out of a few tight spots.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

doesn't matter how smart or precocious Spencer is, as the old folks say he should have the taste smacked out of his mouth for talking to any adult like that, even Ava.

I'm going to be on the opposite side of this.  Let me just say first that I love MW and for that I like Ava.  Never been a fan of NB or Spencer.  Having said that, I thought he was right in what he told her today.  Nikolas was good to her, where no one else was.  Spencer wanted her help in avenging Nikolas and she was right there, all the way.  Until Valentin enticed her with the clinic in Russia being able to cure her.  And she basically said "Nikolas who" and ran off to Russia (and in so doing, releasing Jason back onto us, which is totally unforgivable!!!).  And all because she was so vain that she couldn't handle a scar on her face.  A scar I might add that was the size of a peanut and could have been covered with a bunch of makeup.  Today she was talking as though she was Phantom of the Opera disfigured but we know that wasn't the case.  She wanted what she wanted and she didn't care that it would hurt Spencer in the process.  

Also, was it just me or has NB really grown up.  His voice was much lower than I remember it.  

• Love 9

Here's an idea, Laura: If you don't want Spencer buying plane tickets, put a limit on his fucking credit card. Or cut it up in front of him. You are his guardian. You have the power here. USE IT. Gah. Also, if you don't know his school schedule, I don't know, CALL THE SCHOOL. FFS. 

Plus, there's no way an airport would let a minor run around an airport with no adult to hand him off.

15 hours ago, Perkie said:

[Ava] wanted what she wanted and she didn't care that it would hurt Spencer in the process.  

Eh, that's Ava. Spencer finally met someone who's as big a drama queen as he is about appearance and more selfish than he is. Suck it up, buttercup. I can't ever feel sorry for Spencer. He's such a little turd.

"With all the loss you have suffered, you have never given up." Uh, one of those losses was at the hands of your BFF, Jason. Shut the fuck up.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Eh, that's Ava. Spencer finally met someone who's as big a drama queen as he is about appearance and more selfish than he is. Suck it up, buttercup. I can't ever feel sorry for Spencer. He's such a little turd.

But one of them is an actual child and the other one is emotionally a child. Kids are like that, big drama queens that don't think 5 minutes into the future. And Spencer's dad was murdered.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

With all the loss you have suffered, you have never given up." Uh, one of those losses was at the hands of your BFF, Jason. Shut the fuck up.

THIS.  

• Love 3

Ava really looked hurt when Spencer told her off and said she was more beautiful to him when she was disfigured, because she had a heart. She looked as though she were going to cry. 

Now, imagine that scene playing out with Carly. She would have been hard and smug through the whole scene. She would have been curling her lip up at him. Then she would have told him to get over it (probably using those very words), because while she's sorry about what happened to Nikolas, Nikolas was no prize himself. She would have rubbed Spencer's nose in a bunch of Nikolas misdeeds. "Was I really going to stay disfigured my whole life over him? Don't you think I want to be able to walk my daughter down the aisle someday, Spencer, and hold my grandchildren without them being terrified of me? I understand you're grieving, but you need a reality check." And she would have gotten the last word. We would have gone to the next scene on her sipping a cocktail and looking triumphant.   

But Ava is the show's villainness, and Carly is the heroine, here on Port Charles: Bizarro World.  

Edit: Ava actually was very severely disfigured at the time of the Valentin offer. She got a partial series of The Treatment™ at The Clinic in Russia®, and that was when she had the relatively minor scarring that could have been covered with makeup. But they kicked her out before she could get the rest of it. Then Jason repaid her for her help by dropping off the formula for The Treatment™. At least, that's the way I remember the chronology.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Ava actually was very severely disfigured at the time of the Valentin offer. She got a partial series of The Treatment™ at The Clinic in Russia®, and that was when she had the relatively minor scarring that could have been covered with makeup. But they kicked her out before she could get the rest of it. Then Jason repaid her for her help by dropping off the formula for The Treatment™. At least, that's the way I remember the chronology.  

The problem was that the makeup department didn't even bother to make her look as disfigured as Ava was acting once ahe was released from the hospital. If she changed her hairstyle, it would have covered most of that scar. It made Ava sound ridiculous when the makeup people didn't even bother half-assing it.

And while Carly would act like that with most adults who would criticise her and her family, I have never seen her attack a child like that.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

And while Carly would act like that with most adults who would criticise her and her family, I have never seen her attack a child like that.

I actually think that's Carly's one redeeming quality (OK, she's not redeemed by it).  She actually gave Elizabeth time to put Cam to bed before she started yelling at her about Jason being Jake's father.  I remember her comforting Brenda's son in a limo while Sonny was killing his adoptive mother (I have no idea what I'm talking about I hated that story, but I do remember her hugging him and telling him that it was fireworks and never to play with fireworks).  She doesn't take her hatred of parents out on innocent children, which is probably the lowest bar of decency, but, hey good for her for hitting that lowest bar.

• Love 3

I'm probably just excessively cynical where this character is concerned. But where other people may look at her previous behavior with children and say she's never been cold and smug with a kid as she is with adults, I'm thinking it's just because a young person has never come after her in a confrontational way, as Spencer did with Ava. I don't think Carly would have been anything close to as gentle with him as Ava was, even though she might have thrown him a bone about understanding his grief. She would have had an attitude that she was going to "school" him, and she wasn't sorry for shit. She's always so self-satisfied with the decisions she makes, even the ones that hurt others. The only time she ever criticizes herself is stuff like "Why didn't I see that snake Nelle coming?" 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

But one of them is an actual child and the other one is emotionally a child. Kids are like that, big drama queens that don't think 5 minutes into the future. And Spencer's dad was murdered.

If it weren't Spencer, I'd totally agree. But the way Spencer is written—precocious, entitled, with very little depth—negates all of it for me.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Now, imagine that scene playing out with Carly. She would have been hard and smug through the whole scene. She would have been curling her lip up at him. Then she would have told him to get over it (probably using those very words), because while she's sorry about what happened to Nikolas, Nikolas was no prize himself. She would have rubbed Spencer's nose in a bunch of Nikolas misdeeds. "Was I really going to stay disfigured my whole life over him? Don't you think I want to be able to walk my daughter down the aisle someday, Spencer, and hold my grandchildren without them being terrified of me? I understand you're grieving, but you need a reality check." And she would have gotten the last word. We would have gone to the next scene on her sipping a cocktail and looking triumphant.   

I don't know. Margaux got to have the last word with her the other day and LW played it like "well damn she has a point."

I thought the Spencer yells at Ava scenes were silly, because would Ava really be so upset about this kid yelling at her? He's 12! These speeches sound so dumb coming from him. 

• Love 4

Well...she likes Spencer. And she did like Nikolas.  She and Spencer had a pretty sweet scene in her hospital room when she had been burned, and he talked about his own (far less significant) facial injury. She said, "And look how handsome you are now." That was when she was really low emotionally and not even wanting to face people. Maura West and NB had a nice rapport.

The reason I enjoy the Ava character more than I enjoy most General Hospital characters, besides Maura West's strengths as a performer, is that there's some interesting texture to her. She's been mixed up in criminal things and she can go toe to toe in the catfights, but she also appreciates art and beautiful things, and she has interesting style, and she has a conscience. She's really a good enough character/actor combination to be at the center of a show, in my opinion. 

Unlike some people...

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Ava really looked hurt when Spencer told her off and said she was more beautiful to him when she was disfigured, because she had a heart. She looked as though she were going to cry. 

But she does that same exact thing every time somebody confronts her with some heinous thing she's done. It's as predictable as Sonny having a breakdown when the writers want gin up sympathy over some heinous thing he's done

It does not stop her from doing the next heinous thing.

I  enjoyed the Oscar/Cam scenes today, for more than the Spencer/Joss ones.  Cameron was actually calling out Oscar on his stuff as much as a 15 year old boy can.  I'm so over Oscar's pity party at this point. It's been weeks since you found out; stop wallowing.

Surprisingly, I also liked Sonny acknowledging to Drew that he had saved his life and been good to the Corinthos family when he thought he was Jason.  More than Carly would ever give him, and probably more than Jason himself would say.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But she does that same exact thing every time somebody confronts her with some heinous thing she's done. It's as predictable as Sonny having a breakdown when the writers want gin up sympathy over some heinous thing he's done

It does not stop her from doing the next heinous thing.

It's true it doesn't stop her from doing the next heinous thing (although I don't think her anger at Kiki is unwarranted and she isn't actually destroying Kiki, just complaining all around town about her).

But Ava's moments of remorse show that she's got more moral development than other characters on the show.  I'd put her at about a 5 in Kohlberg's stages in that she knows it's a social contract whereas I'd put Sonny at a level 2 (paying for a benefit) and Carly at level 1 (how can I avoid punishment?),

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Surprisingly, I also liked Sonny acknowledging to Drew that he had saved his life and been good to the Corinthos family when he thought he was Jason.  More than Carly would ever give him, and probably more than Jason himself would say.

I'm sure mumbling Napoleon complex Maurice made sure it was like that so Sonny could not look bad in the moment.   

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Sonny's only doing so for a self-servicing reason, right?  To keep Drew from teaming up with Margaux against him?

• Love 4

You weren't affected by poor Spencer, crushed that Joss wanted to fake date Cameron instead of Spencer himself?  I bet he returned to Port Charles just so that he could have his chance with Joss now that she's free.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But Sonny's only doing so for a self-servicing reason, right?  To keep Drew from teaming up with Margaux against him?

Maybe.  But I did believe Sonny when he said that he rewards loyalty.  He's certainly thrown enough barware around when he thought someone was being disloyal to him.

On the other hand, I think Jason wouldn't mind one bit taking out Drew. He'd figure it was a worthwhile trade-off to protect Sonny and Carly.   Sam and Scout would have him and Monica would get over it after a while.

It looks like Drew would lose his memories of the past five years if he got his old ones back. He's going to justify it by saying he doesn't want to lose his time with Sam,Scout, Monica and nearly-dead Oscar.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If it weren't Spencer, I'd totally agree. But the way Spencer is written—precocious, entitled, with very little depth—negates all of it for me.

He is a kid, a lot them act the way Spencer does. And all of this could be related to Nikolas being killed and not receiving justice. 

• Love 3

I simply cannot believe they did not use all this time off camera to pick out a dynamic 20ish leading man type actor to return as a dashing Spencer out to avenge his father, compete with Cam, go after Joss, battle with Valentin, and other fun stuff. Instead we get the same tiny kid getting scolded by Laura! UGH!!!!!

• Love 9

I'm not sure if it's NB maturing a little or if the show has told him to tone down the ham, but so far I'm not finding him as annoying as previous visits.  Maybe with Joss and Cam SORASed they need him to be a smidge less "Spencer

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

I'm not sure if it's NB maturing a little or if the show has told him to tone down the ham, but so far I'm not finding him as annoying as previous visits.  Maybe with Joss and Cam SORASed they need him to be a smidge less "Spencer

He annoys me more now because he should be doing all the things @TVbitch listed and yet we are stuck with him because FV thinks he found a new star. He's good but it would be better to SORAS the character. He is less precocious now though but I think that's just cause he's older. The dialogue was still trying to get him to ham it up as much as possible.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That Swiss boarding school has to be pretty pricey, not to mention his medical and travel bills.  If Nik has a life insurance policy, it must have been a whopper.

I'd imagine that Nik had personal monies that Spencer inherited, controlled by Laura. I assumed Laura gave Spencer a monthly allowance to get by at the boarding school, but like someone said upthread, why doesn't she just put a hard limit on the cards he has?

• Love 3

Why does he even have credit cards?  Do 13 year olds have credit cards these days?

The boarding school fees will cover his room and board, supplies and probably his clothes if they're uniforms.  There can't be that much he needs other than trips into town for meals and entertainment.  Maybe cell phone costs.

• Love 3

Why are they still pushing this dumb Spencer/Joss stuff? The physical difference is a little disconcerting, and the age difference is a lot at their ages, 12 and 15. 

"Page 5"? Oh, Show.

I liked the Cam/Oscar scenes too. It's a relief to see someone try to snap Oscar out of his moping. Enough's enough.

LOL at Sonny trying to scare Drew into not teaming up with Margaux. Of course Drew won't, but I do like him kind of stringing Sonny along for a bit.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

and the age difference is a lot at their ages, 12 and 15. 

NB is now 13, so I think that's how old Spencer is now supposed to be even though he was born in 2006.  But 13 and 15 is still miles apart, especially when the girl is older, since we mature faster.  Plus it doesn't help that Eden's as tall as she is.  If Joss was the same height as Lexi or Haley, it may not be so obvious that Joss is 2 yrs older then Spencer.  (which is ironic since she's supposed to be the youngest of them all)

• Love 1