Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Because it's so terrible that Drew has more than one friend?

It's terrible for Drew - or anyone who has ever claimed to care about Sam - to be friends with the man who sexually assaulted her. Personally, I don't feel that's a particularly outrageous line in the sand to draw.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

It's terrible for Drew - or anyone who has ever claimed to care about Sam - to be friends with the man who sexually assaulted her. Personally, I don't feel that's a particularly outrageous line in the sand to draw.

He didn't "sexually assault" her. He raped her.  Much more egregious.  But, this is a soap opera.  A soap opera where a woman married her rapist.  And the only person that had a problem with that was her ex-husband.  But, my disgust with the whole Luke/Laura thing aside, I tend to disagree with your broad statement.  People can change and be forgiven.  Just don't marry your rapist. It's icky.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Katy M said:

He didn't "sexually assault" her. He raped her.

Rape is a form of sexual assault, so I don't understand your objection. I used that term so no one would come at with me the whole "he didn't really rape her, just drugged and stripped her to make her think he did!" retcon. I'm just fine calling him a rapist, however, and have.

I didn't say that people can't change or be forgiven. I simply don't believe in any of the Franco "redemption" stories we've been given. This doesn't play to me as Drew finding an unexpected friendship with a man who has worked hard to redeem himself for some terrible sins. This plays as the show treating Franco's sexual crimes as if they don't matter. Not to bring real-world stuff into this, but suffice it to say I have exactly zero fucking patience with that.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Rape is a form of sexual assault, so I don't understand your objection. I used that term so no one would come at with me the whole "he didn't really rape her, just drugged and stripped her to make her think he did!" retcon. I'm just fine calling him a rapist, however, and have.

I didn't say that people can't change or be forgiven. I simply don't believe in any of the Franco "redemption" stories we've been given. This doesn't play to me as Drew finding an unexpected friendship with a man who has worked hard to redeem himself for some terrible sins. This plays as the show treating Franco's sexual crimes as if they don't matter. Not to bring real-world stuff into this, but suffice it to say I have exactly zero fucking patience with that.

I realize that rape is a form of sexual assault, however I just have an issue with calling rape sexual assault because I feels it downgraded it.  Unwanted breast fondling and a kiss are also sexual assault and to lump rape into the same category really just makes it sound like nothing.

And, yes, I don't believe in Franco's redemption either and he hasn't had to pay for anything.  So, I'm not disagreeing with you in this specific instance.  Just the way it seemed that you had worded it that nobody who ever cared for anyone who had been raped could ever be friends with their rapist.

• Love 1

WEll it's official, as of today, they've retconned the story.   When Sonny first tells Jason the Croton story back in April, he very clearly says Scully killed the guy and told Sonny to dispose of the body and the gun.  Today, he told Jason that even if Mike hadn't been a deadbeat dad who left, Sonny would still have taken the path he took and he would still have killed Marino.  So in less than 6 months, they went from, 'my hands are clean except I buried the body and disposed th gun', to 'i killed him'.  I wonder why.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, that was in the "But I Had a Brain Tumor!" DVD presentation. Doesn't really excuse him, IMO. Sam still believed for a long time she'd been raped.

How does that even work?  When it happened I remember her actually remembering it.  Did he implant memories?  And why would a complete psychopath just stage a rape instead of actually doing it?  Actually, I'm not even really sure what the motivation would be for a non-psychopath.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, that was in the "But I Had a Brain Tumor!" DVD presentation. Doesn't really excuse him, IMO. Sam still believed for a long time she'd been raped.

The "But I Had a Brain Tumor!" Excuse was after the "Who Me?!" DVD Party.

Of course, the writers never addressed the fact that the supposedly exculpatory DVDs (redemption #1) were created and presented while Franco was under the influence of the evil, exculpatory brain tumor. According to redemption #2, the brain tumor was actually responsible for Sam's rape, Michael's rape, several decades of serial killing and his incredibly shitty "art" - making the DVDs, at best, questionable.

I don't even know what the man in a cage and the child molester story was supposed to excuse.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Hater said:

Jason and Sam touched a hug and a kiss on the cheek and are still clunky and stiff. 

And platonic AF. There is zero temptation between them coming across on screen. But at the same time I'm totally convinced they'll put them back together. What a mess. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So in less than 6 months, they went from, 'my hands are clean except I buried the body and disposed the gun', to 'i killed him'.  I wonder why.  

And again, what is the point?  So what if Sonny killed this guy, just buried the body, shot Elizabeth Hendrickson's dad into the sun with a rocket.  Nothing is going to happen to Sonny so all this "drama" about how THIS could be the thing that brings him down is so false and ridiculous and annoying and shut up, Show.

In other news, Carly can coexist with Franco - the man who had her son raped, temporarily ruined her relationship with said son, and nearly got her to sent to prison - but not Liz?  I mean, it's classic Carly, but it's so annoying when you remember she's the show's primary heroine these days.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

So today brought us Carly threatening Liz with violence in the unrealistic hypothetical event of Liz being mean to Joss, and then Sonny admitting he wouldn't at all change the commencement of his life of crime, despite staring in the eyes of the woman who lost a father due to that first kill. A more loathsome pair has never existed.

Sam shutting down Curtis when he asked about Jason was a bit cold. She certainly has a right to a personal life, but her association with Jason and its potential intersection with her professional life is something Curtis should be aware of. Really, that entire scene felt like another way for Sam to play coy and noncommittal about Jason, and that's becoming super wearying.

As annoyed as I've been with Kim not telling Oscar about his cancer, the fallout today was well done and emotional. It was rough to see Oscar realize his whole world has just been shattered. The off-screen inclusion of Terry and Liz commiserating over drinks was a nice touch, too.

• Love 11

I don't care for Sonny/DA story 10.0, but at least EH brings some energy to her scenes while Mo resorts to his usual tics.

Still can't connect with Kim or Oscar in this story.  I just don't care!  I'm not feeling the Oscar actor or Tamara. I've never watched TB but she just isn't making me feel bad for Kim right now.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

How does that even work?  When it happened I remember her actually remembering it.  Did he implant memories?  And why would a complete psychopath just stage a rape instead of actually doing it?  Actually, I'm not even really sure what the motivation would be for a non-psychopath.

She never remembered it, she assumed that that was what had happened, even before RC started writing. 

Why, because Franco was crazy and wanted to mind fuck with Jason. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So what if Sonny killed this guy, just buried the body, shot Elizabeth Hendrickson's

Because they think it will be more emotional??  If Scully, who's already dead and not in this story, killed Papa DA, and Sonny only buried the body, then who cares.  There's no reason for Margo to go at Sonny since he's not the murderer.  But having Sonny now be the murderer, well they can have Margo/EH be all emotional and fist pumping and whatnot.  It will make us care more, damnit  

1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Because they think it will be more emotional??  If Scully, who's already dead and not in this story, killed Papa DA, and Sonny only buried the body, then who cares.  There's no reason for Margo to go at Sonny since he's not the murderer.  But having Sonny now be the murderer, well they can have Margo/EH be all emotional and fist pumping and whatnot.  It will make us care more, damnit  

She's the DA, he's a mobster, THERE'S ALWAYS A REASON TO GO AFTER HIM!

And are we supposed to think she's an unreasonable bitch wanting her father's murderer to go to jail?  This show's moral compass is just so skewed and groddy.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, Linny said:

So today brought us Carly threatening Liz with violence in the unrealistic hypothetical event of Liz being mean to Joss, and then Sonny admitting he wouldn't at all change the commencement of his life of crime, despite staring in the eyes of the woman who lost a father due to that first kill. A more loathsome pair has never existed.

Carson alone or together are vile pigs. What's worse is their POV is depicted as the justified, legit one, without any reservation, by the writers. They don't even pretend to attempt to balance the morality on this show. Says a lot. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

THERE'S ALWAYS A REASON TO GO AFTER HIM!

But, but, but, he's a good man.  Jason said so today, and he's always right about everything.  

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

When has Liz ever been remotely snarky to Carly's kids? Shut up, Carly

That one time when she mentioned to Carly that Joss had shoplifted and Carly got her panties in a bunch, how dare Liz say that about the angelic, saintly Josslyn, only til she got home and found a bunch of stolen clothes.  Funny, I don't remember Carly apologizing to Liz for that.  

• Love 11

Cameron:  Why would I be asking about meaning and existence?  Me: because you're a teenager. This is the time you're supposed to be asking those questions

It was kind of pathetic that Sam had to tell Jason how much his showing up means to his family, including Monica.  Borg boy wouldn't have noticed. Or cared.

Carly was acting like Joss was innocent in the shoplifting thing.  Why can't she admit to Franco that they both have a problem with the kids.  When she attacked and threatened Liz, I was hoping that Franco would tell her that he doesn't have time for her insecurity.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

You forgot about Jason. When Sam asked him to be nice to Drew because something big was going down, he asked "Does it affect anyone I love?"  as if it doesn't matter to him unless it does.  This is why I loathe Jason Morgan,  the only people he cares about are the five he "loves". Everyone else can go to hell.

Meanwhile Sonny seems to have zero regrets for killing the father of child Margaux.  All he's thinking about is himself.

These are the three "heroes" of this show.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

WEll it's official, as of today, they've retconned the story.   When Sonny first tells Jason the Croton story back in April, he very clearly says Scully killed the guy and told Sonny to dispose of the body and the gun.  Today, he told Jason that even if Mike hadn't been a deadbeat dad who left, Sonny would still have taken the path he took and he would still have killed Marino.  So in less than 6 months, they went from, 'my hands are clean except I buried the body and disposed th gun', to 'i killed him'.  I wonder why.  

If only it were to have Sonny finally get payback for something, anything that he's done.  Somehow I think I'll be winning the lottery before I get that.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Jason and Sam touched a hug and a kiss on the cheek and are still clunky and stiff. 

And it cracked me up that he didn't even take his hand out of his pocket when they sorta-hugged.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

I don't care for Sonny/DA story 10.0, but at least EH brings some energy to her scenes while Mo resorts to his usual tics.

Except, IMO, she's playing it so over the top -- whether it's her choice or if she's been directed to do so -- that I'm not rooting for anyone and just hope this'll wrap up quickly. But I fear it'll drag on until the next sweeps.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And are we supposed to think she's an unreasonable bitch wanting her father's murderer to go to jail?  This show's moral compass is just so skewed and groddy.

That's why Sonny's cries of "she's out to get me" are laughable.  She's the DA.  Her ENTIRE job description is "go after the criminals," of which he is one.  He acts like she runs the local smoothie shop and is out to get him because Corinthos fraps are cutting into her business.

And only Sonny is allowed to want payback over real or even perceived misdeeds.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That wasn't the same party?

I've tried to block all of this out because it's so gross and stupid.

No, the DVD Party was when he first arrived. I think the tumor was several months later, after Carly/Franco tanked.

Edited by Oracle42
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's why Sonny's cries of "she's out to get me" are laughable.  She's the DA.  Her ENTIRE job description is "go after the criminals," of which he is one.  He acts like she runs the local smoothie shop and is out to get him because Corinthos fraps are cutting into her business.

And only Sonny is allowed to want payback over real or even perceived misdeeds.

They were gearing up to do the same dumb story with McBain and his sister before McBain got yanked

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So now Sonny is the one who killed Marino? I like how they changed the story in the middle.

I never would've known about this retcon if I didn't come here. Sonny's scenes tend to sound like when the adults start talking on Charlie Brown to me, so I didn't catch that they made Sonny the murderer at all. It's a retcon I can get behind though. Hard to drum up the drama and high stakes they were trying to with this body in Croton stuff if Sonny simply disposed of the body and wasn't the one who bumped him off. That was a cop out. Now, if Sonny is the one who pulled the trigger I'm sure we'll soon find out he was really going there to help Marino and get him out of town to spare him but Marino didn't trust him, pulled a gun and Sonny was just acting in self defense!! 

• Love 2

Carly giving advice on how not to smother somebody... bitch please. 

Okay, so, now Sonny is the murderer and punk Cameron is back to being nice Cameron. GH is gonna need to send me daily cheat sheets cuz I can't keep up with this shit. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Hater said:

Sam kissed him on the cheek for a millisecond and then turned her back and headed to the door without looking at him again. It was the most awkward exit to a scene I’ve seen in awhile. Great job, director and KeMo! Really good soap!

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam kissed him on the cheek for a millisecond and then turned her back and headed to the door without looking at him again. It was the most awkward exit to a scene I’ve seen in awhile. Great job, director and KeMo! Really good soap!

Well Burton decided to keep his hand in his pocket, instead of hugging with two arms.

TBH, maybe it is the way the directors want them to be...purposefully weird and awkward around each other. Because this stuff is just funny.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, driver18 said:

*And* Drew is going through a deeply emotional period right now and he and Franco share something that he and Curtis do not... being a father* to kids new to their lives. 

* Again, whether we like it or not, Franco is essentially the main father figure in Elizabeth's kids' lives and will soon be their step-father if the wedding happens.

I get what you're saying, but I don't agree that they have it in common. Drew is genuinely emotionally invested in Oscar and Scout regardless of his status with Kim or Sam, not to mention his nephews and I think still cares about Elizabeth's eldest and youngest too. He *wants* to be a great dad. Franco has made it clear he is only invested in Jake (which started out at least because of his Jason fixation), and the writing/RHo's line delivery strongly implies that he just wants to get along well enough with her other two children so Elizabeth won't break up with him for "the kids' sake."  Saying vaguely "he's a sweet kid" re: Aiden is a far cry from being a father figure who loves these children.  If he did not consider himself to be "in love" with Elizabeth or if she died suddenly and thus couldn't make him "better" anymore, he would have zero interest in Cam or Aiden.  A *real* father, or even a father figure, doesn't function that way in my opinion. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

They were gearing up to do the same dumb story with McBain and his sister before McBain got yanked

Yes, thank you, I was thinking about the Retconia McBain nonsense when I posted earlier.  John didn't need a special, personal retconned reason to go after Sonny and Jason - he is a cop slash FBI agent, they are are mobsters, THAT'S THE JOB.  And then him being all cool with Sonny once it turned out Sonny didn't kill Retconia?  UGH!

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

No, the DVD Party was when he first arrived. I think the tumor was several months later, after Carly/Franco tanked.

Yup, the DVD's was when he first arrived with that stupid blonde "See, it's not Todd, lawyers!" dyejob.  But the tumor came much more quickly, remember the horror when it made him think he was Jason?  He still had the blonde hair when that happened.

• Love 2

So many well written posts here proving the writers suck beyond imagination while we watchers (mostly you guys because I rarely comment but I have been watching since 1976)  not only pay way more attention to the show but actually care about the characters so much more than any of the writers, they should be ashamed of themselves.

They should also give up their paychecks because they certainly don't earn a penny IMO with this worthless nonsensical convoluted dreck they pass off for a soap opera. It's insulting to us as viewers, it's insulting for the few actors who actually act and not only memorize lines, and it's a damn shame that of all the soap operas that have come and gone over the years we are forced* to watch this garbage because there is nothing left to watch.

Sonny, Carly, Jason, and the whole lot of them suck and they reach new lows practically every day.

*I know we aren't literally forced to watch this stupid show but speaking for myself, I keep hoping there will be some redemption before it goes off the air forever, a show that defined the term "Super Couple" shouldn't fizzle out and die right in front of our eyes like this.

• Love 5

Why do Jordan and Margaux (or anyone in law enforcement) think Sonny will ever admit to anything illegal he's done? Sonny's an idiot, but he's not so stupid to incriminate himself. 

LOL at Sam asking Jason "to be present."

Mike asks Jason if he's a father, and Jason has to pause for a second to think about it. That's about right.

The Franco/Cam stuff wasn't too bad, and Oscar finding out he has cancer was pretty good, too, I thought.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But the tumor came much more quickly, remember the horror when it made him think he was Jason?  He still had the blonde hair when that happened.

Ugh, I totally forgot that! He put on a leather jacket and kidnapped Danny

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

Ugh, I totally forgot that! He put on a leather jacket and kidnapped Danny

LOL.  He sucks! Reading these posts makes me loathe Franco more.   Whitewash doesn't even begin to describe his current being.   Down to giving him a molestation story.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Linny said:

What was Cujo's problem today with Elizabeth?  Geez, talk about an overreaction to the mere suggestion (which happens to be true) that Joss was shoplifting. 

Sonny is a straight-up asshole with his weary, annoyed "she's never going to let this go," re Margeux about her father's death.  OMG, you sanctimonious jackass, you don't let anything go and you expect a woman to just shrug her shoulders that you killed her father?  Also, lol at Jason the Braintrust and his "that makes sense" to Marino being Margeux's dad and "that's why" she's out to get Sonny.  Expect she just found out a few hours ago that Sonny had a connection to her Dad.  God, THESE are the premiere mobsters of the Eastern seaboard?

• Love 8

Someone needs to explain "clinical trial" to these people.  It doesn't automatically mean that you are getting the breakthrough "miracle" drug, you could be getting a placebo. 

"Three feet of concrete", Mike?  I had no idea NY building codes were so stringent. 

Oscar, for the love of dog, please burn that shirt.

• Love 4

These fucking writers man. Of all the fuckups they’ve had these past years, this has got to be the biggest one yet. How are you unable to maintain continuity on a storyline you barely started less than a year ago? Clearly Sonny didn’t kill Marino, only buried him. But now at the end of today’s episode he’s saying he “crossed a line when he killed him” or some shit. My god, I get if you can’t remember a story detail from 20 years ago but this was fucking five months ago. GH seriously needs to fire their entire joke of a writing staff and actually hire professionals.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OMG, you sanctimonious jackass, you don't let anything go and you expect a woman to just shrug her shoulders that you killed her father?

Actually Sonny didn't kill Marino. At least that's how the original storyline was supposed to be like.

Here's the episode where Sonny first tells the Croton story, they start talking about the body at 2:12

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, lolziceprincess said:

Actually Sonny didn't kill Marino. At least that's how the original storyline was supposed to be like.

Here's the episode where Sonny first tells the Croton story, they start talking about the body at 2:12

But they obviously changed it, per today's conversation.   And the point stands either way: why should Margeux just "let it go?"  I get that Sonny assumes he's above the law given the fact he constantly breaks it and the show has him skate, but it's still ridiculous.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

When has Liz ever been remotely snarky to Carly's kids? Shut up, Carly.

It all started when Franco made a snarky remark about Joss to Carly about the shoplifting. A lot of what Carly said was overblown, overreaction, but the comments that she made about Franco and his place in Liz's life and with the boys was on point.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Perkie said:

WEll it's official, as of today, they've retconned the story.   When Sonny first tells Jason the Croton story back in April, he very clearly says Scully killed the guy and told Sonny to dispose of the body and the gun.  

2 hours ago, lolziceprincess said:

Clearly Sonny didn’t kill Marino, only buried him. 

There hasn't been any retcon.  

Sonny has never said that Scully or anyone else killed Marino.  It was Scully who gave Sonny the order, told him to "take care of it", and bury the body in Croton.

They were certainly somewhat vague about it initially, and may have even planned to go in a different direction.  But along the way, they gradually began to imply that Sonny had indeed "made his bones" that night and done the job himself.  Today was just the first time it was explicitly stated.

My guess is that maybe they didn't want to portray Sonny in too much of a negative light, fearing the audience would lose their attraction to the "heroic and noble" version of the character.  Who knows though.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

No but we can believe that she's an unreasonable, arrogant, and unethical little shit for keeping Drew's memories from him, attempting to take advantage of an old man with Alzheimer's, violating courtroom etiquette during a trial, berating a 15 year old girl on the stand in that same trial, randomly harassing strangers for info on Sonny/Jason, and trying to pursue a case with a very clear conflict of interest.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Tenshinhan said:

There hasn't been any retcon.  

Sonny has never said that Scully or anyone else killed Marino.

In the scene from April, Sonny said these exact words: "and there it was right there where used to be Joe's problem, wrapped in a plastic shower curtain in the trunk"

Usually when mobsters wrap people in plastic and refer to them in the past-tense, it means they're dead.

It most definitely was a retcon.

Besides, it wouldn't have made sense for Sonny to be flipping out so bad these past few months if he really was the killer. In one episode he even commented incredulously at how, "of all the things that could take [Sonny] down, it wouldn't be something [Sonny] did but something Joe Scully did"

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, lolziceprincess said:

In the scene from April, Sonny said these exact words: "and there it was right there where used to be Joe's problem, wrapped in a plastic shower curtain in the trunk"

Usually when mobsters wrap people in plastic and refer to them in the past-tense, it means they're dead.

It most definitely was a retcon.

I agree about Sonny's words, but if there is any retcon, then it was already made months ago. By the time Sonny started talking about the gun, and then Joe's consigliere "Al", and then avoiding murder charges, I thought that it was clear that the writers were implying that Sonny had done the deed.  Which is why Sonny's statement today didn't surprise me.

36 minutes ago, lolziceprincess said:

Besides, it wouldn't have made sense for Sonny to be flipping out so bad these past few months if he really was the killer. In one episode he even commented incredulously at how, "of all the things that could take [Sonny] down, it wouldn't be something [Sonny] did but something Joe Scully did"

Isn't that *exactly* why Sonny would be flipping out? Because of a murder charge? Also, I don't remember any quote like that where he ever mentioned Scully.

Edited by Tenshinhan